Day Two – Senate Impeachment Trial – 1:00pm EST Livestream…

Day one recap:  A series of 11 rules amendments were offered by Democrat Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.  Each proposal was defeated individually during 13 hours of arguments and debate.  The final rules package, which passed 53-47 at 01:45am this morning, is almost identical to the original draft presented by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.  The only change was spreading the 24hrs over three days instead of two.

There will be 24 hours of presentation by House Impeachment Managers (over 3 days); 24 hours of presentation by Defense team (over 3 days); 16 hours of Senate questioning; 4 hours of closing arguments, equally divided; and then a Senate debate/vote on further motions to include witnesses. If there are going to be witnesses, they will first be deposed prior to testimony. No witness testimony will be permitted without first being deposed.

The Senate Trial Begins again today at 1:00pm EST, starting with opening arguments by the House Impeachment Managers.

PBS Livestream LinkFox News Livestream LinkFox BusinessCSPAN Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, Live Streaming, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

806 Responses to Day Two – Senate Impeachment Trial – 1:00pm EST Livestream…

1. Joe Biden “I have a great respect and reverence for the Senate–for real. And I was embarrassed for the institution. I wasn’t embarrassed when Hunter was schtupping his dead brother’s wife or banging strippers or getting kicked out the Navy for doing blow or taking massive payoffs from Ukrainians, Chinese, Russians, Bulgarians and Kazakhs while I was handing out foreign aid and policy favors–but I was embarrassed for the Senate.”

2. annieoakley says:

3 days of this Lawyer lying through his teeth? Somebody needs to just stop this travesty right now.

3. HickTick says:

How long does he get ??? This is redundant

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

24 hours and not a minute more. And somehow the progressive socialists intend to stretch this fantasy out over 3 days. Guessing 8 hours a day through Friday afternoon?

4. Reserved55 says:

Imagine if there’s no Schiffty

5. Deplore Able says:

Russia invaded Crimea and the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine in early 2014.
    Obama provided no lethal assistance to Ukraine in 2014.
    Obama provided no lethal assistance to Ukraine in 2015.
    Obama provided no lethal assistance to Ukraine in 2016.

Wan’t it vital to the security interests of the United States to provide such lethal assistance in order to help Ukraine halt Russian aggression? Was Obama in Putin’s pocket?

President Trump provided lethal aid to Ukraine in 2017, 2018 and 2019. However a “pause” in aid for a few weeks is suddenly a terrible threat to the security interests of the United States.

• fanbeav says:

How many American voters give a rats azz about Ukraine aid being delayed? Time to rethink any aid being given at taxpayer costs. We know it all gets funnelled back to dirty politicians and their families!

• Much was made of how President Trump ignored the “official policy” wishes of the bureaucrats–although my Constitution says the President sets official policy. He supposedly killed Ukrainians by delaying foreign aid for a month or so.

So how many Ukrainians did Obama kill while he defied his own experts for years by sending only blankets? And why didn’t these same diplomats testify in protest against him?

Here’s why: Obama’s Number One Foreign Policy Goal in running for president was to rescue, fund and arm the Ayatollah –and the Castros, too, for that matter. A perfect Islamo-Commie two-fer.

Once he was safely re-elected, he let his freak flag fly. He sent Iran pallets of cash himself and uranium through the Russians. He allowed Russia to sell them air defenses for their nuke factories that would potentially target Israeli or even American pilots. In Potemkin negotiations where there was really only one side, he let the Iranians self-inspect their own compliance. And he rammed through a One-Man “Treaty” in the Senate with a super-minority vote instead of the supermajority required, simply by renaming it an “Agreement”.

But Obama needed Putin’s help, not just to sell uranium and air defenses to the Iranians, but to publicly guarantee the terms of the Iran Deal and help sell it to the American public. And for a price, Putin gave that help to Obama.

The price: No Arms for Ukraine.

In others words, a very real Obama Quid Pro Quo, not the phony one they based their fraudulent impeachment of President Trump upon.

• lumoc1 says:

Why don’t people understand that President Trump did not delay foreign aid to Ukraine. His action could have delayed the FUTURE delivery of FUTURE foreign aid, which in REALITY did not result in any delay whatsoever in foreign aid to Ukraine !!!!

• by the way.. Russians troops never invaded GLORIOUS&CORRUPTED UKRAINE….

6. Trump Train says:

I hope these idiot Republcians have the basic awareness that these Dcoms are the enemy of the United states. They hate our country, they hate the constitution and they hate anyone who does not agree with them or are willing to submit to their illegal un American policies. They must be destroyed.

• Lester Smith says:

How many Republicans are compromised and fear their democrat masters. Play ball or hang by them. POTUS is their mortal enemy his set was issued by the lord. He has a soul that can’t be bought.

7. RC23321 says:

I wouldn’t consider myself a violent person, but I want to beat Schiff to a pulp, smear his blood all over my face and make jewelry out of his teeth.

These people are a joke.

8. clulessgrandpa says:

It looks like Schiff stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night!

9. Reserved55 says:

Here it comes. He got caught.

10. jx says:

11. Dances with Wolverines says:

While all this nonsense is going on, our President is busy Making America Rich Again! Tell me again why I would ever trust another democrat?

12. Pew-Anon says:

I don’t have time for 24 straight hours of Schiff over 3 days. I’ll tune back in to see the defense. Hopefully they get their act together from that mostly insufficient performance yesterday.

• RC23321 says:

Hopefully shareblue gives you a raise so you don’t have to be on here ALL day again…

• islandpalmtrees says:

24 hours of Schiff, I will need one of those bags they give you on a plane.

• Robert Smith says:

I know they’d really like to get a conviction in the Senate on impeachment, but I feel their intended audience is really the public and their supporters.

• Pew-Anon says:

Indeed. Though it still bears mentioning when our side lays an egg in front of that same audience. Yesterday was a prime opportunity to specifically educate the public about the defective subpoena details, given the context of the proposed procedure amendments for more subpoenas being argued for by the House. Apart from two brief moments by Philbin, we blew it and I find that very disappointing.

• trialbytruth says:

Well they will have 24hrs to make all kinds of arguments you dont want to waste it all at once

An old bull is standing on top of a hill. He is magnificent his horns shining in the sun his coat gleaming. A young bull runs up to him all excited barely a nub where his horns will be. “Hey” says the young bull “you see all those pretty cows down there lets run down the hill and get one.” The old bull laughs,” Son lets walk down the hill and get them all”

• Johnny says:

What they are doing is making a complete mockery of our congress.

Mitch needs to force them to show the evidence pencil neck is saying he has. When produces nothing but innuendo, and hersay the Republican Senators should vote to dismiss and rebuke Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler.

• Zippy says:

The same Mitch who somehow couldn’t manage to bully enough “Republicans” to have rejected this -BASELESS FARCE- in the first place?

Let me spell it out for you: R-I-N-O-S. Give us the NAMES of those who wouldn’t vote to dismiss! How about leaking something like THAT for a change.

Meanwhile, stop placing your faith in scumbags who only pretend to be “good guys.” Watch what they DO, not what they say. That includes Graham in spades.

GOP leadership: There aren’t 51 votes to dismiss Trump articles of impeachment
          13 Jan 2020

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) told reporters on Monday that the Senate Republican caucus doesn’t have the votes to dismiss the articles of impeachment against President Trump, who endorsed an “outright dismissal” over the weekend.

“I think our members generally are not interested in a motion to dismiss. … Certainly there aren’t 51 votes for a motion to dismiss,” Blunt, the No. 4 Senate Republican, told reporters after a closed-door leadership meeting.

Republicans have warned for months that they will not dismiss the two articles of impeachment against Trump, predicting a trial will end with votes on either acquitting or convicting him.

But Trump revived talk of trying to dismiss the articles over the weekend, saying the Senate was “giving credence” to the allegations against him by having a trial.

13. Zimbalistjunior says:

Schiff is doing a great job auditioning for a role in a Law and Order reboot.

I wonder what would happen if justice Roberts would get a cane reach over and give Schiff the hook.
    I’d assume around 60 Senators or more would cheer.

14. JohnCasper says:

Imagine this. A “what if”.

What if, before it surfaced, someone had found that tape of Biden bragging about threatening and extorting Ukraine and video-shopped and audio-shopped it into Trump doing that instead of Biden. The House Lynchocrats would be using that right now as their by far strongest case for impeachment. This may now be the biggest insane farce in all of human history.

15. The American Patriot says:

Give this now a half a week because at the rate this is going, this might not last even a FULL WEEK!

The RATS are unraveling that Roberts can say: “I’ve heard enough!’ CASE DISMISSED!

16. Dad's son says:

At 2:43p, Eastern Standard Time 1/22/2020.

Right now my head is spinning – Is Schiff not directly LYING about the entire Sondland/Taylor interaction, by falsely saying that Pres. Trump had directly demanded a public announcement of a new corruption investigation before releasing the Ukraine funds??!

Correct me if I’m wrong – don’t I remember during House proceedings that Sondland ASSUMED that had Trump wanted a public announcement? And wasn’t Sondland cross-examined by (Rep. Meadows??) and was pinned down and forced to admit that he had been WRONG about Trump – and that he had made a mistaken assumption that Trump would have wanted a public announcement from Ukraine, but that actually Trump had not?

Isn’t Adam Schiff baldly lying to the Senate and to the American people right now?
    Later I am going to have to go back and research this.
    I think this segment right now is CRITICAL because to me it seems like a total lie that ignores Sondland’s actual testimony.
    :??????

17. Tess from Philly says:

So I’m listening in today. Is it just me or is this whole thing really dullsville? Those of you with a finger on the libs’ pulses? Are they eating this up or is it boring to them too?

• The Demon Slick says:

The lefties have nobody with any charisma thank God.

• WesternPA says:

There is a twitter site “SchiffRocks”. I decided to test the strength of my blood pressure pills by taking a peek at it.

It’s shocking to me how stupid these people are. One moron actually said if Schiff ran for president, he would win in a landslide. It scares me that we live in a world with so many people who are so gullible and incapable of thinking for themselves.

• Zippy says:

I have not watched even one second of this farce anywhere. It doesn’t merit my time in any way, shape, or form. It is a completely baseless farce and what will be will be.

It should have been dismissed outright by the Senate for the garbage it is, among other things for having violated the Constitutional rights of the defendant.

If that dismissal had gone to the SCOTUS for a challenge, there is no way it would not have been upheld considering the non-existent case presented to the Senate by the House and that would have had the additional benefit of making a similar clown show spewing from the House less likely in the future.

Instead, the “Republican Majority” allowed this clown show. Tell us again how if we just give you the majority you’ll do the right things so we can laugh in your UniParty faces.

18. Drogers says:

The absurdity of BugEyes commenting on the supposed lack integrity OR lying to the American public by PDJT; or the moral decline of Republican Senators for tabling the democrat attempts at a lynch party of PDJT is hypocrisy at its finest.

*so sick and tied of that guy

19. Man Schiff digs the hole deeper. Never seen a person lie like this guy as much as he does. He’s openly trying to subvert the Constitution with this fantasy script. He must and other, be made to account by prison or their lives. It’s the entire country at stake with this crap!!

20. gsonFIT says:

Yesterday I jokingly referred to Adam Schiff as a BITCH, But I would like to correct my statement.

He is a whinny BITCH! No joke.

21. bullnuke says:

They don’t have 24hrs of evidence. It will be 3 days of lectures and whining. The senate has to see this is just 2020 campaigning to hurt this president.

22. Skippy says:

Thank you all, Attorney Generals, for this!

23. islandpalmtrees says:

Schiff, is turning out to be the best lawyer the Republicans have. Just let him talk.

24. Hans says:

Giving Foreign aid for political reason.. wow Schiff.. what other reason is there for giving aid. Get over it…except ..
    Foreign aid laundered and given back to US politicians. No I don’t want to get over it. Guess that is political also.

25. waterthelibertytree01 says:

Never seen a person lie as much as this guy who has much to hide, especially his own corruption with Ukraine kick back money. They want to steal the 2020 election. THey have committed much sedition here. The country is at stake. He and others need to be held to account. Life in prison or no life at all!!

26. hokkoda says:

I found this pretty funny. I’ve been saying for awhile that the Democrats’ goal is “51” not “67”. Nice to see that old crapwagon, Chuck Schumer, make it official…

The case can be made that these 4 GOP Senators are keeping their powder dry for later votes, but that’s not typically how they operate. The virtue signaling starts early and often with these four, typically. Not the case so far.

The debasement of impeachment as a constitutional remedy for the most serious offenses against the Republic has been turned into a clown car of stupidity by the Democrats and their Lawfare contractors. I just don’t see the GOP getting any defections on the way to an acquittal, and they might even pick up a few votes.

• Johnny Boost says:

I can see a few Dems voting not guilty if only to signal to the House that this line of attack against Trump isn’t working and should not be tried again.

• SHV says:

“. I’ve been saying for awhile that the Democrats’ goal is “51” not “67”
      ****
      That’s the goal going into the election….”Majority of Senators found Trump guilty but he is still President because of outdated, racist Constitution. We will change rules to allow removal of non-Dem Presidents by majority vote..blah…blah, etc.”

• L4grasshopper says:

I’m hoping that McConnell and a few other GOP Senators have had…or in the next day or so….will have a truly serious conversation with Romney, Collins, et. al. about how there are deadly serious Constitutional issues being abused by these hyper partisan Dems, and that while they might not like Trump, it will not be Trump but the Republic that will be significantly damaged if they allow these bogus and insufficient Articles to have any credibility.

Time for some adult supervision, Mitch.

• Mr e-man says:

I suspect that has already been done. As part of that, I would also assume that Mitch allows them to make public statements that show they are non partisan, thoughtful, duty bound Senators for their reelection fodder. They can say a lot of stuff but when that vote comes for more witnesses and to convict or acquit, I assume they are on board, even as stupid as they appear to be.

They can explain to dumbass Romney that Bolten will not appear without a Supreme Ct decision on Executive privilege and Roberts is in the impeachment. That will be months.

• hokkoda says:

I think somebody else wrote this, but I bet that conversation has already taken place.

27. Padric says:

Just to liven things up and bring a smile to the faces of those who are actually watching this nonsense, allow me to re-post something I cooked up a few weeks back to bring a smile to your faces. Kindly allow me to re-present….

UKRAINIAN RHAPSODY

We don’t like real life. We’ll make a fantasy.
    He won in a landslide, it was supposed to be Hillary
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and scream
    I’m an Ambassador, need lots of sympathy
    Because he didn’t use, talking points, I wrote up, how dare he?
    How we get rid of him doesn’t really matter to me, to me

Sondland, just called the man
    Pulled the phone from his head, can imagine what he said
    Mueller, we thought we’d won
    But now we have to try a different way
    Marie, ooh, didn’t mean to make you cry
    Preempt TV again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on, pretend you really matter

Too late, my time’s expired
    Send word to CNN, I’ll be on with them again
    Goodbye, everybody, I’ve got to go
    Gotta call a bathroom break for interviews
    Swalwell, ooh (Watch which way the wind blows)
    I don’t wanna die
    From an SBD that he let rip

I see an anonymous complaint about the man
    Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you read the president’s tweets?
    He’s intimidating, and not reinstating, me
    (Mike Pompeo) Mike Pompeo, (Mike Pompeo) Mike Pompeo, Mike Pompeo You should know to let them go
    But I’m Alex Vindmann, nobody loves me
    He’s Alex Vindmanl, He works for the NSC
    “It’s Lieutenant Colonol Vindman”, Mr. Pomposity.

Easy come, easy go, was there Quid Pro Quo?
    Ciaramella! No, there was no Quid Pro Quo
    (Quid Pro Quo!) Ciaramella! Was no Quid Pro Quo
    (Quid Pro Quo!) Ciaramella! Was no Quid Pro Quo
    (Quid Pro Quo) Was no Quid Pro Quo
    (Quid Pro Quo) Was no Quid Pro Quo
    (Quid Pro Quo) Ah
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no

(Oh, Hunter Biden, Hunter Biden) Hunter Biden, Quid Pro Quo
    Burisma has a payment put aside for me, for me, for me!

So you thought you could stop me by sending a spy
    But that didn’t work so now you’re telling a lie?
    Cry, babies! Just a bunch of cry babies!
    Just get that fake news, get that fake news outta here!

[Outro]
    MAGA really matters, anyone can see
    MAGA really matters
    MAGA really matters bigly

Any way the wind blows

(Remove ending gong and insert a loud farting noise here)

28. bullnuke says:

Republicans should campaign to the electorate that this crap will go on past impeachment as long as the liberals control the house. No sane person can say this a is good for government.

29. sunnyflower5 says:

30. donnyvee says:

Is it just me? I can’t look at Adam Schiff without seeing only Tom Shillue.

31. Guyski says:

…and Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – MASS HYSTERIA! 👻

32. paintbrushsage says:

Schiff’s impeachment management seems like his sad excuse for not running for president himself. No one wants to hear him talk. It is worth it that the other presidential candidates except for Joe Biden have to sit there and listen to him give speeches that they should be giving out on the stump or on campaign stages.

• jrapdx says:

Not that it’s going to matter much if Warren, Sanders, or whoever aren’t on the “campaign trail”. But I guess these “CAN’T-idates” (per Gutfeld) are entitled to their illusions. It is after all a way to rake in a lot of cash, so it’s not entirely illogical that they stay in the race as long as possible.

33. Hans says:

Oh my God.. it’s Vietnam and the domino theory all over again. HELP HELP HELP.. Ukraine the point ….
    What a farce Schiff ..

• I have a different take on the Domino Theory. I think Karl Marx conquered Academia at the outset over a century ago and the dominoes have fallen ever since.

And now he’s fully conquered the Democrat Party.

34. Admin says:

The more this creepy bug-eyed bastard speaks, the more punchable his face becomes and that’s not even including the disgusting acts he has been alleged to have participated in at the Standard hotel and others.

• Retired USMC says:

Why use a fist when a rope and a drop would do? It would be fun watching him feed the birds…one chunk of putrid flesh after another. Buzzards gotta eat…

35. TwoLaine says:

CLAP NOW!

36. Val says:

I apologize if someone already posted this, I just found it while I was looking for another Tweet:

«Tonight, @marklevinshow delivers his own opening statement to the Senate defending
    @realDonaldTrump
    & responding to Adam Schiff as the impeachment trial begins»

37. jeans2nd says:

OANN is replaying John Spiropolous’s Russia Hoax right now, should you weary of listening to this repeat of the Schitt Show.

38. CM-TX says:

Don’t forget smoking crack in rental cars!

39. Raised on Reagan says:

Twenty twenty twenty four hours (of Schiff) to go….. I wanna be sedated.

40. Hans says:

Here we go to defy the impeachment inquiry is reason to remove the president

41. mostlyogauge says:

On the other hand …. what if the turtle is giving the dems even more rope to continue to hang themselves?

• There’s a madness to his method.

• Zippy says:

Oh, yes. That’s the “cunning plan”… while allowing the only thing the vast majority who are paying any attention to this at all are seeing: the continuing smear of Trump, just as with the Russia collusion farce, while totally distracting all news from the INDICTMENT and PROSECUTION of the SpyGate perps OR, I should say, the CONTINUING FAILURE to indict and prosecute same.

Oh, yes, such a cunning plan… but NOT for the benefit of PDJT.

42. convert says:

If only the American people didn’t have full-time jobs, kids, housework, elderly to care for, they would have time to actually watch some of this for themselves and see what an absolute insane clown show it is. But they do have all those things, so all they have is the NYT/Wapo/Reuters summary and the CNN ticker of lies! Nothing but propoganda that the Dems are doing a great job presenting the slam-dunk case! I can’t stand it. What a travesty and a tragedy for our country.Ugh. The Dem/media are going to keep on until there is actual civil war.

43. Zimbalistjunior says:

Well it’s 323 pm. Things going well.
    Only three senators struck dead by boredom so far.
    Keep it coming Adam. You rock.

44. waterthelibertytree01 says:

Schiff, the poster child for a wasted life. Will be remembered as a true vilian to humanity

45. Garavaglia says:

How is the Lawfare script reading performance going today?

46. lettruthspeak says:

Listening to Schittforbrains must be akin to watching an episode of “Toonces the Cat”.

47. “The first twenty times we didn’t convince anybody–but twenty-one is the charm!”

48. Schiff’s arguments now lay bare the precise footprints on the road to a pre-planned impeachment which was conceived at least in the Summer of 2016. It did, in part, the following:
    A. Frame the President for WANTING to political dirt on HRC from a foreign government.
    B. Establish as a ‘fait accompli’ that Russian interference in favor of Trump was indeed proven by intel agencies beyond any doubt.
    C. Bait the President into firing Comey over Hurricane Crossfire investigation and threaten impeachment for doing so.
    D. Open Mueller investigation, pursuant to Comey firing, into election meddling and deliberately obscure whether or not Trump was a target, hoping to provoke Trump into firing Mueller (leading again to impeachment.
    E. Have Mueller report fail to exonerate Trump of Russia Collusion, and state simply that evidence could not support it.
    D. State in Mueller report that non-indictability of President only leaves open the possibility of impeachment for Trump’s having WANTED TO OBSTRUCT THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION.
    This master plan was concocted to place Trump on a road where all off-ramps lead to impeachment ONLY.
    Every stage of this plan is visible here in Schiff’s presentation.!