On November 8th of this year Lawfare founder Benjamin Wittes sent a rather curious tweet proclaiming his undying devotion to former FBI lawyer Lisa Page.  At the time it seemed rather odd and out of no-where; but today it makes sense.

At the time of Witte’s tweet Lisa Page would have been scheduling her coming out narrative, and consulting with the DOJ/FBI “beach friend” community for PR advice.  After several weeks of planning and careful roll-out organization, noted by several weeks of contact with mutually aligned journalists, today Ms. Page steps into the spotlight with her introductory article in the Daily Beast, aptly titled: “Lisa Page Speaks“.

Yes, yes, of course Lisa Page says she’s a victim to the horrible President Trump and the exposure of “private affair”, and the exposure of her “political texts and biases” etc. etc.  However, that’s not what is really interesting….

Within the article there’s a very specific and very familiar type of victim narrative construct.

When you read the article it jumps out at you. The victim narrative is from the exact same acting coaches hired by the FBI and used by Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford; it’s a little spooky how both Ms. Ford and Ms. Page could sound so identical, until you realize the same FBI and media people have constructed both victim storyboards.

Ms. Page decries what she has seen happen to her beloved FBI, that as she said “she grew up in“.  Now, if that institutional attachment sounds a little over-the-top considering a grown woman started at the FBI in 2013 and resigned in 2018, well, it helps to remember this is the Public Relations advice from the DC-based FBI committee.

The DOJ/FBI ‘above the law’ crowd of beach friends assemble in the Lawfare conference room; look at the latest storyboards and plan the Lisa Page marketing, advertising and branding campaign.   The resulting media strategy started tonight:

(Daily Beast) […] That was the moment Page decided she had to speak up. “I had stayed quiet for years hoping it would fade away, but instead it got worse,” she says. “It had been so hard not to defend myself, to let people who hate me control the narrative. I decided to take my power back.”

She is also about to be back in the news cycle in a big way. On Dec. 9, the Justice Department Inspector General report into Trump’s charges that the FBI spied on his 2016 campaign will come out. Leaked press accounts indicate that the report will exonerate Page of the allegation that she acted unprofessionally or showed bias against Trump.

[…] “I’m someone who’s always in my head anyway – so now otherwise normal interactions take on a different meaning. Like, when somebody makes eye contact with me on the Metro, I kind of wince, wondering if it’s because they recognize me, or are they just scanning the train like people do? It’s immediately a question of friend or foe? Or if I’m walking down the street or shopping and there’s somebody wearing Trump gear or a MAGA hat, I’ll walk the other way or try to put some distance between us because I’m not looking for conflict. Really, what I wanted most in this world is my life back.”

[…] “The thing about the FBI that is so extraordinary is that it is made up of a group of men and women whose every instinct is to run toward the fight. It’s in the fiber of everybody there. It’s the lifeblood. So it’s particularly devastating to be betrayed by an organization I still care about so deeply. And it’s crushing to see the noble Justice Department, my Justice Department, the place I grew up in, feel like it’s abandoned its principles of truth and independence.” (read more)

~ This tweet was November 8th ~

Tonight:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report Comey, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

624 Responses to Questions Answered – FBI Resistance Lawyer Lisa Page Takes Center Stage to Play Victim Card…

1. zekness says:

Lisa Page: I am a victim here, this makes me so miserable..I feel like my stomach got punched
    Mrs. Strzok: go eff yourself you wench! with a rake!

sorry…that wasn’t pg…but its exactly what needed to be said.

and I don’t even know Mrs. Strzok.

• X XYZ says:

Perhaps Ms. Page and Mrs. Strzok should meet in person. Maybe someone in the State Dept. could arrange it. Perhaps Hillary? Peter Smirk and Lisa’s husband, Joseph Burrow should also be invited. It might be a love fest.

Bob and Ted and Carol and Alice… ???

2. hokkoda says:

Fox reporting that Barr is “distancing himself” from a key finding of the IG report. Speculation, based on the Page puff-piece: IG concludes the investigation was properly predicated.

Get ready for a lot of sorrow and a LOT of media gloating next week. The details of the report won’t matter, and if the IG says it was properly predicated, then that ALSO undermines Durham.

I hope I’m wrong, but this is what I’ve been saying for awhile while hoping for the best.

• hokkoda says:

Btw, what I mean by “properly predicated” is the FISA process, not the overall Russia investigation. If you correctly view the IG as only being able to look at the DOJ process, not the information coming in or how it was used going out, then they can plausibly claim that they dotted all the i’s and crossed all the t’s…even though the core information they used was egregiously false. The principals will feign ignorance about that. The IG might find some Clinesmith-type issues where people falsified some information, but that doesn’t necessarily throw out the whole case. This is what I mean when I write the one of the biggest criteria to become a senior civil servant is that you have to be able to use procedure correctly to achieve ill ends. That way everything just looks like a coincidence or bureaucratic error. “Yeah, we made mistakes, but our intentions were good and we followed procedure.”

You even see it in the OPM letter about Strzok. They roast him for unprofessionalism, “shocking hypocrisy”, etc. But then they write that he had a great service record as a dedicated public servant, and that was a factor in their decision-making too. It never occurs to OPM – because they don’t dare open that can of worms – that Peter Strzok was just as corrupt in his other dealings. That’s how you learn to be corrupt in the big things in the Government Party.

• jello333 says:

That’s one reason Sundance has been cautioning us not to fall into the trap of being overly angry, overly focused on the specific actions of each of the specific actors as the “investigation” took place. It took me awhile to get it, but I finally started to understand why the REALLY important part was the “predicate” to the whole thing… how/why it all started. Also WHO made the initial plans, gave the initial orders.

So yeah, we’ll have plenty of time to hate on the relatively “little guys”, and enjoy pointing at them and laughing as their lives unravel. But the far more important ones, and what will prove to the world that this WAS all a plot against Trump from the beginning, are those who started it all.

(By the way, I doubt I had used the word “predicate” more than a handful of times in my life before this… so thanks, Sundance, for the education. 😉 )

• dollops says:

IMO looking for “predicates” and “who”s is missing the forest for the trees. It seems to be well established by now that the global-media-leftist-LGBETC-enviro-loser cabal is a hydra whose many heads collude against wholesomeness on many fronts simultaneously. Then, the many-heads metaphor breaks down into swarms of subsidiary beliefs and avenues that we see frothing continuously around us – even invading from beyond. There appears to be some “more equal” paymasters and trophy awarders but their influence is more in the nature of camp-followers and scavengers than warrior kings.

• hokkoda says:

I give the credit for that one to Barr, who used it a few times when he announced the investigation into the start of the Russia hoax. That was the same Congressional testimony when he said that Trump had been spied on, and the media and the Democrats lost their minds.

I can’t wait to hear them all say that spying on another political campaign is actually a good thing. They have lost their minds.

3. visage13 says:

“It’s not just that Lisa Page may never be safe as long as Trump is president. It’s that we won’t be safe, either. ” Seriously? These entitled whiny people need to get over themselves. You got caught honey, you never thought she would lose now you have to deal with the fallout from YOUR actions. And boo hoo President Trump is an equal opportunity basher. He hits back whether you are a man or a woman. And this orgasm thing, is in her head. Rush played it today and you have to have a sick mind to think that is what was going on. Unless there is more to the story I don’t know about.

• Kent says:

….villain to victim in media coverage flat….

• 1stgoblyn says:

If you want to know what a fake orgasm is watch the restaurant scene in the movie, “When Harry Met Sally” starring Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal. Sally (Meg) does a ‘fake orgasm’ while in a diner with Harry (Billy Crystal). (“I’ll have what she’s having.” LOL) If you haven’t seen the movie just DDG the movie title + restaurant scene and watch it, it is hilarious. What VSPGPDJT did comes no where near anything that could be called a ‘fake orgasm.’

• X XYZ says:

“Mental masturbation”?

4. rigst4 says:

The only thing extraordinary about the fbi is how extraordinarily corrupt ever last member of that organization is. They all sat there, silent and did nothing throughout the conspiracy of seditious treason so they are all complicit. The “well, I just sat in the front seat of the car, I didn’t actually go into the bank with a gun” excuse from all the fbi members just doesn’t wash with the vast majority of Americans, other than that clown Hannity. And this Wittes character talks about Page’s life being ruined…it is Page who made a mockery of her career and life, it is Page who ruined her own life by participating in a conspiracy to commit seditious treason…nobody forced her into the conspiracy.

5. Rynn69 says:

“Like, when somebody makes eye contact with me on the Metro, I kind of wince, wondering if it’s because they recognize me, or are they just scanning the train like people do? It’s immediately a question of friend or foe? Or if I’m walking down the street or shopping and there’s somebody wearing Trump gear or a MAGA hat, I’ll walk the other way or try to put some distance between us because I’m not looking for conflict. Really, what I wanted most in this world is my life back.”

Dear Ms. Phony “Take My Power Back” Page,

You bet people recognize you. And more than that, people know what you are and what you did. Will the person be friend or foe likely depends on where you are – a blue liberal bastion of a city run amok with ignorant sheep, high crime, and virtue signaling leftists OR the rest of America. Chances are if you run into a person “wearing Trump or MAGA gear” you are going to be the harasser…not the MAGA gear wearer. Statistics show this is decidedly so. Unfortunately for you, coordinating and orchestrating a coup with others in the U.S. government against democracy and the will of the American people have made you famous. And if justice escapes you, you and O.J. Simpson will be birds of a feather escaping justice together.

6. Merkin Muffley says:

“The thing about the FBI that is so extraordinary is that it is made up of a group of men and women whose every instinct is to run toward the fight. It’s in the fiber of everybody there. It’s the lifeblood. So it’s particularly devastating to be betrayed by an organization I still care about so deeply.”
    You cared about it “so deeply” that you used government phones to conduct an extramarital affair and you used your position to push your personal political views.

7. namberak says:

Whoa, whoa hold on there: this “victim” only worked at the FBI for five years? Geez, what a crappy hire that was.

8. John P. Shark says:

She needs to be hanged…let that be in her head.

9. HellInAHandbasket says:

FBI Lovebirds | How Two FBI Operatives Tried To Take Down Donald Trump; Dean Cain & Kristy Swanson (YouTube deleted all but this filming of the play)