Chairman Adam Schiff, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence; Chairman Elijah E. Cummings, Committee on White House Oversight; Chairman Eliot L. Engel, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, continue sending carefully worded letters under the guise of ‘subpoenas’ today.  [Main Link Here]

However, you’ll notice in these latest versions they are modifying: (#1) now they actually include attachments that would be “subpoenas”; yet they shift language to ‘subpoena schedules’.  Why?  Because (#2) the letters and subpoenas omit any penalty for non-compliance.  They cannot assign a penalty because the letters do not carry judicial authority.
Obviously Lawfare, instructing Pelosi’s group, realizes the larger American electorate has caught on to the impeachment word games. The “official impeachment inquiry” is all a one-party partisan ruse.  Here’s the issue they cannot overcome.

(Screengrab – Main Page Link)

Yes, congress can issue subpoenas; however a congressional committee must meet three requirements for their investigative subpoenas to be “legally sufficient” or have “judicial authority”; meaning a subpoena that carries a legal penalty for non-compliance.

• First: “the committee’s investigation of the broad subject area must be authorized by its chamber;
  • Second: “the investigation must pursue “a valid legislative purpose” but does not need to involve legislation and does not need to specify the ultimate intent of Congress;
  • Third: the specific inquiries must be pertinent to the subject matter area that has been authorized for investigation.

These “subpoenas” from the committees do not meet the first hurdle.  The “impeachment inquiry” was not authorized by its chamber.  The chamber for each committee is the full house of representatives.  [Again, there are constitutional processes within impeachment.]
KEY POINT – Remember, the Legislative committee intent is to pierce the constitutional firewall that creates a distinct separation of powers; and the Legislative branch is trying to force documents from the Executive branch, overriding executive privilege. This is a constitutional issue.
This level of committee intent is why judicial authority (the full house authorization to grant weight to legal subpoena power) becomes much more important.
The House must vote to authorize the committee investigation, and through that process the committee gains judicial authority.  A demand letter only becomes a subpoena, technically meaning: ‘a request for the production of documents with a penalty for non-compliance’, when the committee has judicial authority.
Absent judicial authority, all of these “subpoenas” are simply “letters”.  That is why this latest round of letters (they are calling subpoenas) do not carry a penalty for non-compliance.  The demands cannot carry a penalty because the demands do not contain judicial authority…. because the investigation was not authorized by the chamber.
Notice the letters are from Oversight, Intel and Foreign Affairs.  Those three committees are outside the jurisdiction of the committee that holds power to write articles of impeachment, the House Judiciary Committee (Chairman Jerry Nadler).  As lawyer Ristvan noted:

It is well established that the House has subpoena powers concerning legislative oversight. But that power is limited to matters concerning A1§8. Neither foreign policy (Ukraine call) nor impeachment have any nexus to A1§8. Such subpoenas do not abrogate executive privilege.
It is established (SCOTUS concerning Nixon impeachment investigation) that IF the House votes to have the Judiciary committee formally conduct an impeachment investigation, then that committee (only) has subpoena power, and that power CAN pierce thru executive privilege. No such vote has been taken.

In essence, Schiff, Cummings and Engel are on a non-constitutional, non-authorized (by chamber) partisan fishing expedition – given the label “official impeachment inquiry” via a non-constitutional unilateral decree by Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Pelosi (Speaker), Schiff (Intel), Cummings (Oversight), and Engel (Foreign Affairs) are attempting to use non-jurisdictional committees (no authority within the impeachment process) to gain evidence to relay to the committee that would have impeachment authority, the House Judiciary Committee.
Presumably once their assembled information arrives at the Judiciary, Jerry Nadler’s Lawfare staff will write articles of impeachment.  This is the process they are following; however, this partisan approach completely cuts-out the rights of the minority (republicans) and the impeachment due process rights of the executive.  It really is quite a scheme.
Pelosi appears to be waiting until all of the assembled evidence arrives at the Judiciary Committee before she will call for a full house vote to authorize the impeachment investigation.  Again, manipulating the process.
In the interim, none of these demand letters carry any penalty for non-compliance because Pelosi’s crew doesn’t want to engage the court system.  In these latest letters they have retracted the ¹prior threats (example below) to use non-compliance as “evidence of obstruction” because it’s likely any “obstruction articles” would be easily challenged in court on the basis the underlying subpoena lacked judicial authority.

[¹In my opinion Lawfare messed up when they previously included that threat, and now they’ve recognized what could happen with judicial branch backlash.]

Following the 2018 mid-term election I wrote THIS:

When it comes to political weaponization and political power constructs the Marxists have exceptional work ethics; they will outwork anyone on the other side who opposes them. They are far, far, better at political strategy and scheme than conservative politicians. Part of the reason for their success is that crooks, cons and swindlers are far more cunning than honorable, virtuous and moral people. It is unfortunate, but true; and the same truth applies beyond politics.
[…] We are the normal people who don’t spend every moment of our day scheming, conniving, and developing plans to dismantle the lives of your freedom loving community and rebuild it as a collective society.  For these Marxists who are about to take power that’s all they do.   Every moment of their existence they spend thinking about how to gain power and dominate, 24/7/365  that’s all they do…. (link)

…I stand by every word!

This entry was posted in 6th Amendment, AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, media bias, Nancy Pelosi, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, propaganda, Secretary Pompeo, THE BIG UGLY, Treason, Typical Prog Behavior, Ukraine, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

263 Responses to House Sends More Carefully Worded Impeachment Demand Letters (Not Subpoenas) – OMB and Pentagon…

1. scrap1ron says:

Tell them to respectfully **** off.

2. cheering4america says:

Sundance, I remember when I read that post from you it started my heart racing. I couldn’t believe that it was going to be as bad as you said it would be! I was very wrong.

3. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

As you should, Sundance, because it is TRUE.
    It’s also why President Trump is the man who will ultimately prevail. He read their book. He knows it so well, the front and back covers are falling off his copy. But they fail to accede to his knowledge and sheer will to use it against them.
    Otherwise, they would have looked for an off ramp.

• Debra says:

This is their off-ramp.
      Their scheme is obvious:
      1- institute Congressional committee investigations
      2- make ‘reasonable sounding’ requests
      3- knowing that their requests are not required, the ‘other side’ will not comply
      4- repeat with the remaining committees
      5- then turn all the ‘decline to respond’ actions as evidence of a PATTERN to ‘cover-up’
      Note: Nancy has been telegraphing this as a ‘cover-up of a cover-up’ RATHER THAN ‘obstruction of justice’.
      Anyway, to get back to my first sentence — the (D)olts have stumbled in just what this article is pointing out with item 4. They are repeating their sequencing EXCEPT without the claim of subpoenas.
      In my estimation, THAT is evidence that they are doing exactly what they are accusing the president of, to wit, covering up (re-wording their requests) their cover up (impeachment) of their own misconduct.

• Raptors2020 says:

The broad strategy is once again taken from Watergate: steadily increase the pressure until the President cracks under the pressure and acts rashly, to justify impeachment, or even breaks enough to resign.
        I still insist Trump’s resignation has been their job #1, from day #1.

• chipin8511 says:

Can’t help myself I wish them a very bad event to the coup conspirators dirt beds for all..Trump cut their $$$ off….Everyday I would expose the net worth of all of them Pee Losi Shifty Nadler Cummings Schumer Biden then I would attack their children and expose like they did Trump.I would go to their districts and expose them to their constituents.

4. warrenjay13 says:

Sundance, I wish you were teaching my sons high school history class.

• svenwg says:

Why do you not teach him yourself?
      Having made the mistake of believing that sending my daughter to the most prestigious girls high school in Johannesburg would ensure her getting a decent education, I spend my time warning parents that without their direct involvement with their children’s education, little Johnny and Jane will never attain their true potential.
      It is never to late to start getting involved and my daughter is now studying accounting at the University of London while bringing up her two daughters and husband at the same time. Better late than never and spending time with her is a gift ? from heaven.

5. MicD says:

They’re who you see when you walk in to VOTE !
    What they do to You and Your Ballot You Will Never Know.
    #TrueTheVote

• 13wasylyna says:

I feel it everytime I walk away from the machine and the unsmiling black man who will not engage in any conversation walks behind the machine and does something….

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Are you sure he is Black?
        We need to make sure of his race. Because that is really, really relevant.
        I could explain why, but I cannot come up with anything at the moment. Can you please expand on this “black man” statement?

• GP says:

@Last Dem…Your virtue signaling is complete for the day. You may resume jacking-off

• Patience says:

Thank you, GP.

• willthesuevi says:

I am with Last Dem. Maybe you can explain why the mans race was important. I don’t need to jack off. Looks like got you to do that for us.
            What last Dem is to polite to explain is that needless racial comments reflect poorly on the board. This blog is color blind. We judge everyone by their intelligence and ability to communicate and discuss topics rationally. Needless racial comments are uncalled for and to some extent we police ourselves.
            How’s that for virtue signalling or do I need to use a crayon and draw it out for you?
            If I am wrong then I will find another outlet.

• Lucille says:

Where I vote, the poll worker takes my paper ballot, and bringing her next action to my attention says, “I’m now placing your ballot in the ballot box.” That box is locked. God bless Idaho!

• ristvan says:

Florida now has a ‘bulletproof save for Brenda Snipes shenanigans’ system after the 2000 hanging chad fiasco.
        First, strong voter ID. Usual Drivers license photo ID that with renewal now requires proof of citizenship and triple proof of residency. Getting a non DL voter photo ID requires similar proofs only at voter registration centers. Broward County has exactly one, in Fort Lauderdale. You present your ID at the polling place, they do a scan/match, and then you get the actual voting room.
        Second, the ballot is now paper, and you mark by filling in large ovals with special pens. They tell you if one oval is not completely filled, counts as a no vote. If two ovals are filled or partly filled, a no vote. Then the finished ballot is optically scanned for electronic counting, and the paper version goes automatically into the locked scanner bin for hand recount verification if required by law in close elections.
        All states could adopt such a simple reasonably fraud proof system.
        FL remaining problems are absentee ballots requested without strong voter ID, and early ballots obtained with Voter ID, where you personally do not put them in the optical scanner.

• Rhoda R says:

But Florida does track early voter ballots and if someone shows up and the data base shows that they have an absentee ballot on file they are given the option of either voiding the absentee ballot or leaving. If they decide to vote then the Precinct Captain notifies the Supervisor of Elections (really a team of people at HQ) that So-And-So is voting today and the absentee ballot is voided so that it can’t be counted. Early voters cannot vote a second time. Period. I used to be a poll worker. BTW, we can’t TOUCH the ballots once they’ve been handed over to the voter.

• TrumpPatriot says:

Is there no recourse for the Executive branch to go on offense against the House? Did the founders not expect a day when a President might be constantly harassed like this?
          Surely there must be some legal action the President could take to force their hand?

6. Sharon says:

Dealing with liars is expensive and time-consuming.
    To the extent the pursuit of truth is costly,
    it will usually be made so by that one who
    stands to lose something due to your inquiry.

7. Deborah Fehr says:

everywhere I hear anything in the news and on facebook up here in Canada, its all but a done deal. I wish more fair reporting was available, the only thing I hear that is good is FOX and only when I listen to the threads on this feed. The longer it goes on, the more I am convinced they dont have a leg to stand on or it would be over already, but I really want to see Pelosi and Schiff fall on their face. I hope that happens. I’m not confident enough to argue with the rabid haters, so I’m just keeping my mouth shut. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• k4jjj says:

Just tell your fellow Canadians we Americans don’t have a “no confidence” parliamentary system. Impeachment is serious business and has major stumbling blocks to removal of a President. If impeachment was a “done deal,” the House Democrats would have already voted for it and sent it to the U.S. Senate for a trial. A trial brings witnesses and evidence into the public arena where the scoundrels will be exposed. A serious Senate trial could go on for months and would destroy the liars, Trump haters and coup plotters and expose them as the seditious, traitorous, self-serving trash they are.
      The best external indicators to watch are “Who is still living in the White House and who is still riding on Air Force One (747) and Marine One (helicopter)?”

• Deborah Fehr says:

Yes I agree. I feel they have backed themselves into a corner with no win, no matter what way they go. this is all just pomp and circumstance, just like all the other ones. I simply dont understand how nobody else sees it that way. I guess because all we get up here is CNN and MSN so we are being fed the crap. Fox too, but people think the same way about fox up here and they do down there. I know there are lots of supporters up here too, but I just dont have the energy to defend against the rabid haters. I will just stay in the back of the room and watch from the shadows. The time will come. Until then, I will remain a keyboard supporter. Mine is just interest as I have no pull.

• Psycho Monkee says:

Greetings from USA fly-over Country Deborah! You have tons of pull! Treeper & Treeperette’s know the power of prayer. Collectively, unwavering, with-out-a-doubt prayers. Good will prevail. Mark 10:51

• Ausonius says:

First of all, The Red Green Show RAWKED! 🙂
          Second, as people have written here and elsewhere, there will be no impeachment vote because (right now at least) they do not have the votes. As a result, the idea is to have a 24/7 Non-Impeachment Impeachment Circus, wherein THE BIG LIES are endlessly repeated, until some people start to waver and say “Welllll, maybe there’s something to it. Maybe he is corrupt, etc.” The hope is that this will be a way to garner votes in November 2020.
          Or a way to make everyone sick and tired of the DEMS and their monomaniacal Impeachment nonsense, and to give President Trump a landslide victory, perhaps even in California!
          Yes, the large cities there – having become bizarre centers for disease, superstition, filth, unemployment, sexual perversion, and complete madness, all indulged and propagated by the DEMS – just might have a political epiphany as those conditions can only worsen under DEM control.
          We shall see!

• Dekester says:

Deborah,
          We are out here in B.C. and are massive PDJT supporters.
          There are many of us out here. We were at a rally in Washington State during the primaries, and I recognized numerous folks from our community.
          It is incredible to listen to acquaintances and neighbours decry all things PDJT. They parrot all things MSM.
          All MSM is garbage sans a few outlets and personalities. At least the U.S. has talk radio.
          As a Canadian. I can say we are an ungrateful, and spoiled lot.
          God bless PDJT

• goetz says:

Just a bit of correction: The democrats can vote all they want for impeachment, but real impeachment requires the vote of the full chamber. Anything less than that and Cocaine Mitch will just round-file the paperwork.
        The dems may believe their own Kabuki theater is real life…but it ain’t.

• Raptors2020 says:

Does Mitch have the stones to do that? Surely chaos would ensue? Like disputing Obama’s birth certificate after his election, just too,too divisive..

• goetz says:

Of course he does. He’s already intimated he would do just that.
            The chaos would be if he accepts those faux articles as legitimate. That would be the end of the nation.
            Really.

• Raptors2020 says:

The Republicans had it easy for many years, raising money on the Repeal and Replace Obamacare trope. Trump ruined that grift, and that’s one reason the GOPe was annoyed at his election. Notice the # of RINOs who failed to run again, faced with the need to work for a living.
        Likewise, the Democrats have raised money easily for 3 years from Hollywood dopes like Streisand with the Impeach Trump/Russian Collusion hoax. Some Democrat con artist told Babs the Russians hacked the Wisconsin voting machines and stole the election. The Dems need a long, arduous impeachment battle now to keep the money taps open. They may have made the cynical calculation that losing on impeachment is better for their fund-raising.

• Deborah Fehr says:

not just babs, Meryl Streep, All of SNL, Robert DeNiro. I used to like some of these actors, now I can’t even watch them. To think they have any power…how pompous. Oprah, Ellen, and dont even get me started on late night talk show hosts, it makes me sad that everything coming from hollywood is now with a message against Trump. Even a show I enjoyed The Good Fight!! I couldn’t believe that one…. makes me crazy. Anyway, all these little innuendos constantly bombarding us is making people brainwashed. And they all talk about wanting peace and prosperity, I say, be careful what you wish for… they will never be held accountable to the destruction that socialism will do to our society. But the little people sure will feel it. there is a difference between free, and freedom.

• Dekester says:

Deborah,
            We echo your sentiments exactly, and your post is something my wife would write.
            There are more of us than them.
            God bless PDJT

• usayes says:

Deborah – I once thought it best to keep my opinions to myself when confronted by leftist illogic, After months of frustration I decided to try a :”roar” (after listening to Dan Pena about the climate change hoax – highly recommend him) to a lib who was blathering on about sea-rise. The “roar” shut him right up – he folded like a cheap suit – and I felt great. The timing was right for me. You are so not alone out there – as Dekester says, there are more of us than them. I firmly believe that. Ignore the Hollywood nitwits – their opines are way past their expiration date. Has anyone come up to you and said, “gee that Meryl Streep is one brilliant thinker?” Most of us have them on high ignore.

• chipin8511 says:

I agree k4

• willthesuevi says:

Oh dude, that top picture is going to leave me damaged for months.
        You need help.
        Now I look like inspector Clouseau’s boss.

• willthesuevi says:

Deborah,
      Imagine how idiotic they will look when it doesn’t actually happen.
      There is a reason Nancy took this route.
      Imaging how smart you will look when you can tell them you are not falling for it, then remind them after the fact.
      Cold dish revenge is the culmination of cold anger.

8. fanbeav says:

I thought President Trump’s lawyers were sending a letter to Pelosi – no vote – no cooperation!

• ristvan says:

I read that it is being sent tomorrow, and pertains to the Mick Mulvaney letter ‘subpoena’. Dunno if the source was reliable; we will find out tomoorow.

• sundance says:

Without a penalty I don’t think they should even reply. Just ignore.
        My .02

• Deborah Fehr says:

except no reply is reported as non compliance. Most dont know it isnt a real subpoena just a letter. I wouldn’t have known if I hadnt read it here.

• goetz says:

Disagree deborah, he should just ignore them and embrace the outcry.. When nothing happens to Trump because the documents are of no legal value, then the scales will fall from even more “independent voter’s” eyes. PDT can’t hope to convert the delusional Left, but people with a spark of honesty and intellect will see more clearly what is going on.
            Now, of course it will be reported as non-compliance, but our President has his own bullhorn. Think of the many angles he can take: Dems wasting money and time on politics instead of policy, ‘whay are they lying to you? Do they think you are stupid?”, if they really had something on me, then why did they avoid the constitutional pathway? etc.
            Glad you are getting an education here. Tell your friends…and enemies too.

• ATheoK says:

Any reasonably experienced government official, General, manager, executive, etc. should recognize a genuine legal document versus doubletalk, boast and bullying.
            The latter three all of which apply to the fake subpoenae threatened by aggressive Congressional committee despots.
            Any that do not are only a phone call from their agency’s legal department. Where the documents should be sent for all involved.
            The basic rule here is commit to nothing. Ignore the alleged letters and especially lock down on loose talk.

• L4grasshopper says:

Exactly. Ignore. What are they going to do? Take it to Court? Nope…that’s tne last thing they want ?

• Rhoda R says:

I agree that the President doesn’t need to respond to CONGRESS over this, but he does need to tweet WHY to the world.

• doofusdawg says:

I think they should carry over a copy of the transcript of the call every time the dems ask for something. Maybe use a bicycle courier and put it on twitter.

• J.Thomas says:

Sundance, this document misrepresents its authority. Does this constitute fraud?

• jhynds says:

Sure looks like the Merriam Webster version at least.
            fraud noun
            \ ˈfrȯd \
            Definition of fraud
            1a : DECEIT, TRICKERY
            specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
            was accused of credit card fraud
            b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : TRICK
            automobile insurance frauds
            2a : a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : IMPOSTOR
            He claimed to be a licensed psychologist, but he turned out to be a fraud.
            also : one who defrauds : CHEAT
            b : one that is not what it seems or is represented to be
            The UFO picture was proved to be a fraud.

• jebg46 says:

If it is fraud are there any legal steps to be taken against these deceitful lawfare so called lawyers? They seem to get away with way too much.

• GB Bari says:

Let the author(s) of the document find out the answer to that question in the most self-damaging way possible.

• Battleship Wisconsin says:

Mr. Ristvan, this comment on the Kevin McCarthy thread explains why I think impeachment is now a certainty. IMHO, the only question which remains to be answered is how the act of impeachment will actually be accomplished in terms of process and timing.

9. babrightlight says:

Thus we need to be as shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. (Matt. 10:16). And pursue our enemies, attack them from the rear and don’t let them reach their (sanctuary) cities for the Lord your God has delivered them into your hand. (Josh 10:19). Modern translation: Lock them up and drain the swamp!

10. Zy says:

Tell the Democommies, that after thoughtful and prayerful reflection, that time is needed to hire “very special” (anti Lawfare) lawyers like Nancy did.

11. icanhasbailout says:

So a heads up on this… as we all anticipated, the ICIG has now been caught BACKDATING the update to the whistleblower forms. The creation date on the document was correct, and what the IG and the Dems told us was another lie.

• Garavaglia says:

Lying is hard work.

• jbowen82 says:

I think it’s highly likely that the IG himself knew nothing about it, and that in the end we will find that it was a die-hard Democrat SESer who made all the changes.

• icanhasbailout says:

The IG came from DoJ/NSA. He is actually one of the suspects in the FISA abuse scandal. He may well be implicated in the Horowitz report in 2 weeks, which would further explain why he would participate in such a desperate and easily discovered fraud.

• jbowen82 says:

Oh, no doubt. I agree with you 100%, that he may be directly implicated, and if he isn’ty, he will be called to question about his involvement at some point. I’m just saying that this is such a deep in the weeds point that he likely had no knowledge of it.

• ristvan says:

Disagree. IG procedural changes are always signed off by IG, even IG if not responsible for the implementation details. Trumanesque sort of thing: buck stops at the top desk.

• Justah says:

The DNI/IC Inspector General knew EXACTLY what was going on.
        Keep in mind that the GossipBlower first went to the I.G. for the CIA and was tossed out.
        Also keep in mind where this I.G. for the IC refused to tell the CongressCritters int he super secret testimony what he knew and when he knew it …. why he secretly changed and backdated the forms so that 2nd/3rd hand gossip was now worthy of a ‘whistleblower’ blower report against the President of the United States. HE is dirty.

• Marco says:

As the Democrats and Deep State seek to undermine and discredit VSGPDJT, all they seem able to do is discredit themselves. The Deep State is doing a great Wile E. Coyote impersonation.
      Surely most Americans would have assumed (I naively did so) that an Inspector General would be non-partisan and rigorously honest. Atkinson has now called into question, probably deservedly so, the integrity of every Inspector General, including Horowitz.

• doofusdawg says:

A perfect opportunity for Lindsey to put his money where his mouth is. Not.

• YeahYouRight says:

These IGs are bad news. Too much has been made of their reputations as consulate, nonpartisan professionals. They cultivate these reputations. Look at Mueller and Comey. Even Horowitz has been shown to be an active Democrat who pulls his punches. I’m concerned.

12. Unknownsailor says:

I’m sure that everyone expects any documents produced by the Executive to be leaked to the sycophantic media as soon as they are received by the respective committees,
    Trump would have to be totally crazy to produce anything for these clowns, for to do so is tantamount to giving it directly to WaPo and the NYT.
    There is only one proper answer to these fishing expedition letters: raised middle finger.

• No no no. Raising the middle finger is not befitting for these people. Just raise the little finger…….and tell them it is for people who don’t deserve the very best.

• boogywstew says:

I want President Trump’s response in a brown paper bag filled with doggy doo, set afire and thrown on Jerry ‘Go’ Nadler’s front porch.

13. Caius Lowell says:

What insightful, true, and frightening observations…
    […] We are the normal people who don’t spend every moment of our day scheming, conniving, and developing plans to dismantle the lives of your freedom loving community and rebuild it as a collective society. For these Marxists who are about to take power that’s all they do. Every moment of their existence they spend thinking about how to gain power and dominate, 24/7/365 that’s all they do…
    CL went to east coast “elite” graduate school with these people, and he can attest that SD’s words are 100% true! It truly has to be experienced to be believed…

• Raptors2020 says:

Caius:
      They are also Utopians/Anarchists, who dismiss ideas like truth and honor, or trying to create a better world in the present. Instead, they believe that after the revolution, the sky will be bluer, grass greener etc. It’s an apocalyptic religion.

• Caius Lowell says:

Yes — the use the word “scientific” but the actual word that applies is “scientistic” because is gives a patina of respectability to their apocalyptic religion. I tried arguing with a Marxist because I thought “That’s what you did in grad school,” and his reaction was out of this world extreme. Totally predictable in retrospect.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

A cult member cannot carry on a rational discussion when you inquire into the tenets and beliefs of their cult.
          Part of indoctrination includes inculcating canned reactions to the parts of their belief system that do not match reality; they have to safeguard their belief system from such threats.
          So, they talk in circles, or change the topic/move the goalposts, or engage in name-calling. When they flare up with great emotion, that is usually a form of name-calling: trying to point out how ignorant or malevolent you are in not agreeing or recognizing some supposedly well-known “factoid.”
          I see this pretty regularly if I jump into an abortion discussion, online or in real life, when I point out that science says life begins at conception. You can observe the circular-reasoning, the change-the-topic, or the name-calling, if you bring up and stick to this science-based point of view. But you have to stick to the science-says-it-is-alive point, and decline to wander down the various paths of illogic and nonsense that may be introduces.

• Pale rider says:

I used to be ignorant of ‘life at conception’ aspects of pregnancy but something happened that educated me. Life is at conception, ask any breeder or farmer, and ignorance of that is willful just as ignorance of God is. So when you engage an individual knowing this you can conclude they are without reasoning in their life. (One of the targets of today’s noneducation system, to reduce thought not increase)
            It brings in a host of contradictions to believe either are not true, but without using ‘reason’ ( a light to guide you in all things) anything can be true.

14. Mncpo(ret) says:

I’m thankful that they left the “obstruction penalty” in the first letters. This whole hoax will end up in court. There is not a Federal Court in the land (even in DC) that would rule their way and they know it.
    It’s all a charade. It’s trying to bully the Executive into handing over docs and records. They’re children playing with serious fire.

15. We the people know says:

I have a suggestion for those demand documents

16. Ackman419 says:

PDJT knows how to play these games as good or better than the Marxists.
    Look at them right now! Scrambling to get any kind of traction with their fake impeachment inquiry.
    They got BURNED by PDJT on the transcript. The Dems look totally idiotic, what with their hollering, demands, and false congressional speeches.
    This is an epic turn of the tables, where the dirty players are getting out hustled by a legit poker player.
    This whole transcript “impeachment” drama might be the biggest nail in the Dem coffin for 2020.
    I’m sure there are more to come, but the infantile and desperate tactics of the Dems is doing a great job of prepping the electoral battlefield.
    Bad news: They will only get more desperate and dangerous. That’s rough on the country.
    Thank God our Lion is always a step ahead of them.
    God Bless You, Donald J Trump!

• Dee Paul Deje says:

I believe that’s why POTUS said his conversation with Urkraine was “perfect”.

• 2Alpha says:

Agreed. The entire conversation was planned and orchestrated to solicit the appropriate response from the DRats. POTUS knew they were listening all along.

17. Jim Raclawski says:

noncompliance with treachery…. how ever so refreshing

18. Somebody's Gramma says:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! I was so angry at what Nancy et al was doing. It seemed lawless and I couldn’t figure out how they could try to impeach our President while blocking the minority out of the process. Now, I understand, thanks to Sundance. It’s all just smoke and mirrors in their effort to disparage the President before the 2020 election. Even though I know that the more they attack him, the more we dig in our heels, and the more people get off the fence and jump on the Trump Train. What a waste of our tax dollars! These people are sick puppies.

19. Ma McGriz says:

Thank you for your clarity and reason, Sundance. You keep a steady voice amidst the cacophony of uproar and confusion.
    All roads lead back to or travel through the media.
    Remove their malicious influences and it puts a permanent roadblock across the enemy’s supply line of lies.
    Color me old fashioned, but in my view the weaponization of our nation’s most sacred processes must be punished, and in some cases with prejudice. The corruption, war crimes, sedition and treason we are witnessing today must never be allowed to succeed, and there needs to be such an example made of the perpetrators that no such evil will ever again raise its head in America.
    Yes, I know I’m preaching to the choir.

• boogywstew says:

Amen !

• American Heritage says:

Remind me who it was who said,” The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.” Evil is always out there sniffing around the perimeter of good, looking for any cracks it can slither into and poison it. The totalitarians will always be with us. It’s the default civil structure. We defenders of freedom and liberty need a defense as organized and relentless as the corrupt forces of decadence and decay.

20. chojun says:

Without the proper judicial authority for subpoenas, and by extension an official impeachment process, the Democrats can only continue this charade for so long. Their voters are going to catch on sooner or later.
    Have they really got nothing better than this?

• fanbeav says:

Rush said it is Kavanaugh 2.0. They are trying to convert GOP members so it looks like a partisan vote. They will never impeach in Senate, but if they can get the Romney’s and Collins’ RINO’s to vote with them then they can blame it all on partisan issues.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Is that all that (D) got? Pretty much. (D) is a party with no platform, no agenda.
      They could drag out Alicia Machado for the third time, and have her repeat the claim that Trump called her “fat.”
      Third time’s a charm. Maybe it would hurt him this time.

• Ackman419 says:

We’ll see.
      We can’t underestimate them, considering what’s at stake.
      We do know that they’ll keep fighting as long as they can find some stones to throw.
      Their problem is they underestimate the intelligence of Americans.
      But, yeah. This is all they got so far. Pretty freaking weak.
      They’ve got no big guns. They used up anything they could getting to this point.
      We all KNOW that if there was any dirt, they’d have found it. Thus, they invent.
      God Bless You chojun,Treepers, SD and PDJT.

21. Pale rider says:

the statement “crooks cons and swindlers are far more cunning than honorable, virtuous and moral people.” Brings serious thought, it’s so true it coincides with Jeremiah 17:9. A constant battle wages for the hearts of man. I mean how much clearer can this battle be. The very foundations of this country are being attacked, they were/are our “high tower”.
    I’ve lived long enough to see that there is a difference in the collective spirit of our country. I never wanted to see this and honestly never could picture it or imagine it. Anything and everything is used now to pull us away from God for just a moment, even if it’s with good intentions.
    I can understand why people overreact from the older times at any variance of our moral society. It is so precious and to regain what is lost is far more challenging than to hold what you have been graced with.
    “All good and perfect gifts come from above” James 1:17

22. Ellis says:

So…if I understand all of the people and executive departments receiving these letters should simply ignore them. At that point there is no evidence of any kind to pass to the judiciary committee and there is no basis for any articles of impeachment other than a naked partisan circus that even the activist press would have a hard time spinning.
    And let me make sure I understand this too, if the house does vote to start an official impeachment inquiry, the gop will also have subpoena powers and can cross examine witnesses in depositions. Is that correct?
    I would say Pelosi was duped by some incompetent lawyers in this Lawfare group and now she has no good alternatives.

• I think it’s family “bidness” for Pelosi just like it is for Joe and Mitt.
      My .02

• bofh says:

Apart from the snake-oil content of the video, I’d like to make one other observation: nothing says “sincerity and genuine interaction” as much as someone talking to you while they continue to wear ear buds.

• Pale rider says:

With the years, resources, and technology of these oil companies does anybody believe they have not found alternative energies?

• jbowen82 says:

You are correct. Of course she can change the rules, but excluding the Republicans from participation would make it even more transparent that the impeachment has no basis in law. It would make the House of Representatives a Stalin-style kangaroo court.

23. SeanNY2 says:

New Word:
    Impugnment

24. Dee Paul Deje says:

“I DECLARE AN IMPEACHMENT AND I SUBPOENA YOU”

25. Jim says:

All this theater we are whitnessing is based on two certainties.
    Every single POS in the cabal will vote to impeach. ALL the demos have been blackmailed to follow the leadership. Be it financial or any more nefarious methods possible. Proof being that none of them has defected to the other side. NONE OF THEM .
    Every RINO is hoping for any type of cover to do what the likes of the scum mittens does best, stab Trump in the back. The usual characters Gram Snow. Mittens The clow judge from fox, all have been dropping trial balloons every day to see how they play with the base. Even if the cover is all nothing but fake news combined with fake polls they will turn on us.
    I can hear them now , after they do the deed and then the truth comes out ,they will say ” if I only knew the real facts I would not have voted that way”. remember what Sundance reminds us of,Sundance says ” There are trillions at stake “. they know they will be well compensated if need be.
    It looks to me that the only thing that will be able to stop this is to charge someone in the cabal with sedition and treason , prep walk them and pot that person at risk of public hanging. As is see it thed cabal scum are not intelligent enough to save themselves. They need the fear of God to set them straight.
    I hope I am wrong .
    I would start with the pencil neck. He would be a two for, get rid of him and due to his neck size save money on the rope.
    For the record Trump and Sundance are two of the greatest men in the USA today.

• Fata Morgana says:

The night of counting for the 2016 election was so anxiety-ridden for me that I just turned it off and went to bed. Amazingly, I was able to sleep. As soon as I woke up, with bated breath, I turned on the TV to see one of the greatest moments of my 71 yrs., the victory of our President. I still watch the clips of the coverage I missed that wonderful night.
      It was then I began to hope, and I continue to hope to this day.
      The Lord is on our side, the side of the righteous. AND the Lord will prevail.

• Lester Smith says:

We are at a preordained time in history. Good vs evil, I never thought I would see this day. If they try to remove President trump I fear the rapture. Is Trump the seventh Trumpet?

26. islandpalmtrees says:

With this “Pelosi’s crew doesn’t want to engage the court system”. I keep going back to Levin’s show on 10/6/19. Clearly they see an opportunity for the President to be proactive in the court. I believe that Levin is seeing a violation of the Separation of Powers by Pelosi’s crew.
    It would be very interesting to here from a constitutional lawyer on this matter since it could potentially impact this impeachment business directly.

• ristvan says:

Con law is one of my hobbies, practiced here. Levin is correct. So is Sundance.
      But, traditionally the courts (especially SCOTUS) have been reluctant (except in 9th Circuit) to step into what are mainly political matters. Goes back to Marbury v. Madison (1803) in which the first chief justice decided, (paraphrase) well of course SCOTUS can decide whether acts of congress are constitutional (Constitution is absolutely silent, and the counter arg is that Congress, being sworn to uphold the Constitution, can decide for itself—but that view upsets the intentional 3 part balance of powers), but in this case (Marbury v Madison) there is nothing of the sort to decide. CJ Roberts Obamacare opinion is a classic very recent example.
      OTOH, this ‘peach foty fi’ stuff is really getting out of hand. I could envision SCOTUS stepping in on procedural matters like House ‘subpoena power’ legitimacy—fairly clear cut as Sundance explains—while avoiding any real political impeachment issues.

27. Kristin DeBacco says:

“ Part of the reason for their success is that crooks, cons and swindlers are far more cunning than honorable, virtuous and moral people. It is unfortunate, but true; and the same truth applies beyond politics.“ Sundance.
    CFR.: The Clintons.

28. Mikgen says:

“Every moment of their existence they spend thinking about how to gain power and dominate, 24/7/365 that’s all they do….” – So true, and yet they commit mistakes, plenty of mistakes. They are far from unbeatable. Go Deplorables! You can, you will win this, as long as you all understand how important this is, a choice between a new feodal era and freedom!

29. hillariousclinton says:

At what point does someone say that they either need to take the full House vote to begin a formal Impeachment Inquiry, or end this, as it’s becoming election interference/meddling hurting President Trump’s re-election effort. All we are hearing now is somehow the Ukraine call was interfering in the 2020 election and Sleepy Joe’s campaign…well….if they just continue this clown show, then its the same thing hurting The President.

• willthesuevi says:

I know what you are saying and agree philosophically, but if you look at the fundraising and the President’s poll numbers it appears the American public has had enough.
      Me, I keep hoping the DOJ is going to come through with the October surprise and completely derail this mess. Oh hell, now I just started another Barr wars thread.

30. wtd says:

Urgently important point regarding Kremlin purposes of Russian state media.

31. Luckstone says:

The WH should send these letters back to Sender.

32. Dutchman says:

Back when Sundance layed out this,scheme, in exquisite and amasingly accurate detail, I posted that I didn’t see HOW it could possibly work.
    I still don’t,…and I would take exception to ONE part of this article. The idea that the reason put forth for why the Dems succeed against their opposition; because they scheme 24/7, whereas their opposition are,”honorable”.
    I know the article reads as WE, ‘average’ deplorables are the honorable people.
    But one of the schemes, carried out over many years, by the marxists is to subvert the political party supposedly representing US. Particularly the “leadership”, have been infiltrated and subverted to marxism, every bit as much as the MSM, and just as obviously.
    We have been asking, for YEARS “WTF?”, as we watched “Tea party candidates, become Rino incumbents. We watched as Republicons conducting sham, whitewash investigations of clear Obominations, Fast and Furious, Lerner/Tea party/ Benghazi/ Solindra/Shovel ready/ Cash for clunkers, etc.
    As we see Graham doing NOTHING as head of Senate Judiciary to combat the coup, and McConnell dictating to PDJT who his appointees can be, and EVERY member of the,Senate voting not to recess, we have our answer.
    The Republicons are NOT “Stupid”, “Cowardly” “Weak” or even “Greedy”.
    Actually, they may well be ALL those things, but that is NOT why they appear to get their butt kicked by ‘Dems’ on every policy issue.
    Its because the are “taking a dive”; they are MARXISTS, every bit as much as Pelosi. They are compromised, or subverted, whatever you want to call it.
    They COULD have killed Obamacare, easily HAD THEY WANTED TO. If McStain had been to ill to give it thumbs down, they had others who would have.
    The Republicon leadership are the enemy, and I am not sure Pelosi etc. would be going to all this trouble, if they were not confident that McConnell wasn’t fully on board with this impeachment.
    And, as Judiciary Chair, Graham will be prominent in running the Senate trial McConnell will SAY he has no choice but to conduct.
    And Chief of injustice Roberts will preside.
    I really think these idiots are going to “go for it”, all the way. That is, the Republicon leadership, are FULLY on board with Impeaching and removing from office, PRIOR to the 2020 election, PDJT.
    Oh, they will TALK plenty, and put on a performance of being dragged, kicking and screaming, but its all kabuki theater.
    They will express regret, say they “had no choice”, but they ARE going to Impeach PDJT in the House, and they ARE giing to attempt to convict him in the,Senate.
    This is HAPPENING. And we need to STOP engaging in wishful thinking, regarding BARR and Durham doing a damn thing, its a head fake.
    We need to quit the,self delusion that the Senate will stop any impeachment, they WILL NOT. And, we need to quit deluding ourselves that the threat of losing reelection will have ANY effect on their actions. IT WON’T.
    Look how many retired in 2018, and how many more have announced. Losing reelection, while ousting PDJT, means the gravy train keeps rolling, and they can cash in as “former Senator or Congressman”, in PLENTY of ways.
    Its gonna take more than letters, phone calls and emails,…and its going to take MORE than threat of losing reelection, to stop this coup.
    And, we honorable patriots, who just,want to be left alone, who don’t constantly plan and scheme, need to start planning and scheming.

• Raptors2020 says:

Dutch:
      There’s a big gap from 51 to 67. The Senators may allow a majority vote for Trump’s conviction, but not the 2/3s required. That would hand the Democrats a splendid talking point, but keep Trump in power. The MAGA corps would probably be energized to re-elect, but the Senate would treat him as a lame-duck. McConnell might even be bold enough to instruct Trump “do this, don’t do that, and you can stay”. I daresay, a good arrangement for the RINO Senators.

• WhiteBoard says:

Dutchman,
      The talk of what they can to get the public aware, without causing themselves getting to much focus from the blackmail exploiting system. They HOPE and PRAY the people or the President can fight this with the crumbs dropped. They dont deliver because they can’t and live. Seth Rich. Hastings. Breitbart. Shawn Lucas, John Ashe.
      Same reason Paul Ryan removed Nunes, yet demanded the replacement of Lewandowski with Manafort at the Republican Convention. To ensure the Insurance Policy ( kill time until Biden can run as an opponent and hide behind election interference).
      The President is winning on every front but the Hillary Voters. Hillary has maintained that stronghold and will use to be “asked” to run against the President. This should secure the final months of the statute of limitations.

• Dutchman says:

Well, I am still sceptical Hillary will be ‘the one’ to step in to ‘save the dems’, truth is, both on policy and personality, they got NOTHING, and they KNOW it.

33. John Doe says:

Sen Portman OH RINO is all over Twitter whining about how PTrump shouldn’t have oughtta said bad things about poor Joe. Never again. Never. I hate that POTUS says nice things about that yellow bellied sap sucker.

• Dutchman says:

The Republicons will reiterate ALL the bs. we have heard on rotation, as justification for the,REPUBLICONS in the,Senate, to vote to convict;
      He is dictatorial, UnPresidential, Unfit, Mentall incompetent, has abused the powers of his office, has engaged in Obstruction, abuse of power and perjury.
      ALL will be rehashed, AGAIN as they TRY, mightily to establish a justification, an excuse, for,why enough Republicons IN THE SENATE, will vote to convict.
      Its pitchfork time, and I’m making preparations for me and mine to be able to go to D.C. on short notice.
      We won’t be able to go on the 17th, unfortunately, but WILL be ready for the next one.
      Modest proposal; either on Oct. 17th, or on another day certain, we have a “MAGA hat day”; where we ALL wear our hats, to show both our opposition, and ourselves, just how mighty we really are.
      We are LEGION, and far more than 65 million. Lets show our colors; it is time!

• Lizanne O'Toole says:

I plan on attending the October 17 March for PDJT. Going to take the Amtrak and will proudly wear my red knitted version of the “pink ?hat” BUT mine says MAGA and I don’t give a hoot who taunts me. I have decided that I will fight just as hard as PDJT fights for me/us. I cannot sit idley by as The Dems attempt to overthrow our duly elected President and this warrior of a man. I am all in for TCTH rally cry ???❤️

• Dutchman says:

Great, as I am in Northern Az., its a long trip. But having my long hauler engine rebuilt.
          Camper, so can stop when tired, sleep, cook, etc.
          Its ‘self contained’.
          Unfortunately, won’t be ready by the 17th, but will be ready after that.

• lotbusyexec says:

Will wait for the call from Sundance/TCTH for our official rally but I need to go on the 17th — I am on East Coast (NY) and fortunately it’s doable for me! I know there will be many of you with me in spirit and I promise to represent those of you who cant come proudly! I am armed with the truth/facts and I consider myself a Treeper 😉

34. Occasional Commenter says:

They “subpoenaed” the Defense Department? I don’t believe they’ve thought this through. They really don’t want the military involved in this, do they?

35. dwpender says:

Wouldn’t it be great if tomorrow (for example), while media was breathlessly reporting non-stop about the Ukraine Hoax and the latest “historic” impeachment campaign, they were forced to interrupt at 10:AM for (real) “breaking news”: Felony charges were announced against 4,5,6,7,8 …. (take your pick) prominent figures at the center of the conspiracy to misuse our intelligence and investigative tools to defeat a Presidential candidate, and then to subvert, undermine and overthrow first a President-Elect and then a duly elected President of the United States. The defendants are all making their initial appearances for arraignment before a U.S. Magistrate.
    Why must POTUS always be defending (however ably) the latest offensive (in more senses than one) initiatives of the Resistance? Will the tables EVER turn? Barr, Durham and the key line level prosecutors who will make recommendations are under no obligation to wait for Horowitz.

36. txbut says:

I fear Lindy and cruz are waiting for “we didn’t have a choice, the rules, we have too, don’t get mad at me, send donation to ___ to help us fight the Ds”…

37. 335blues says:

You are, as usual, very well spoken Sundance.
    Your words following the 2018 election
    faithfully describe the WAR being waged
    by the communist democrat party against
    the American people, our Constitution, our
    Bill of Rights, and our society.
    The ‘ lawfare ‘ group takes their name from
    a contraction of “using the people’s laws
    as weapons of WAR against them.”
    We make no mistake in realizing the communists are waging a full scale WAR
    against us.
    And we must wake up all America-loving citizens to the battle, or risk losing all.

38. Linus in W.PA. says:

ristvan!! Congratulations on the credit!!!

39. alliwantissometruth says:

It’s mind boggling that the politicians for the democrat party spend all their time on nothing but a corrupt and criminal scheme to fool the American people into hating the only man actually working for them in order to continue their rape and pillage of America’s wealth, resources and sovereignty
    It’s equally mind boggling that around half of the American people are so thoroughly manipulated and brainwashed that they cheer on the democrats trying to take out the one man who’s making their lives better and trying to make sure their children are blessed with real economic opportunities
    At one time Americans could beat any foe, but the stupidity and foolishness of many Americans is now our most formidable foe

40. PoliTech says:

Somewhat related and not totally off topic … Did anyone else notice that Glenn Beck’s “Chalk Board” presentation as well as Lee Stranahan’s Tweetstorm (which are both “trending”) bear a striking resemblance to Sundance’s timeline research and documentation?
    I wonder how much of Sundance’s work the two of them cribbed.

41. neev1031 says:

On the proactive side, I read earlier today that Pence was going to start campaigning in areas that freshmen (women) DEMS hold that voted for PDJT in 2016. I do not recall the total number of such vulnerable House seats, but any active campaigning should at least force them to think twice about voting for impeachment.

42. Jeff Dooley says:

That’s why the 2nd amendment is so important, eventually the talking is required to stop for purely self defense purposes.

• Raptors2020 says:

And if they just ignore the second amendment?
      Only collective action and will matters in a democracy. Only steering the zeitgeist, only the opinions of your friends and neighbors. Waving pieces of paper doesn’t cut it.
      You could shoot the policeman who comes to get your gun. That makes you Tim McVeigh, not George Washington. If the police come to get your gun, you’ve already lost.

• ?Gunny66 says:

I carry a pistol because a cop is too heavy.

• raptors2020 says:

In America, we have a sacred principle called Attorney/Client privilege. The communication between a client and his lawyer is absolutely secret. Every lawyer and judge in America is dedicated to protecting this principle. It’s enshrined in the Constitution. Kind of like the 2nd Amendment. Uh huh..
          Tell that to Michael Cohen (Is he still in jail?). Tell that to Donald Trump (The President, I believe). But the 2nd Amendment. Buh. Buh..

43. SMILE!
    CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS have been reduced to PHONE SCAMMER TACTICS.
    “Hello, this is the IRS, House Democratic Impeachment Investigation you must send us money your private documents or the police will take you to prison.
    The House Democrats haven’t held a vote and so can’t legally send subpoenas This is just old people (House Democrat leadership) LYING to other old people (Democratic donors) scamming them as part of the “OLD DEMOCRAT IMPEACHMENT SCAM to keep those damn Squad brats kids off my lawn”
    This is a bold faced lie by old Democratic Politicians, to convince even older Democratic Donors, to KEEP SENDING MONEY so that OLD DEMOCRATS (Nadler, Pelosi Schiff) can continue working on the IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY*
    * (an Impeachment Inquiry is a fundraising term and does NOT suggest or imply that Democrats have the backbone to actually call an impeachment vote)
    Please sign checks “Gullible Old Democratic Donor” to register for your complimentary set of personalized stick-on-Granny-address-labels, a Jitterbug(tm) senior phone, and a special edition SNL “Amazon Echo Silver phone

44. Batman says:

Lawfare is now recognized as the illegitimate manipulation of the written bond we make with society to insure equal and just treatment by the law. Lawfare makes new rope to be delivered by the press. They collaborate with self righteous partisans calling for punishment that inevitably returns all power to the chosen few. It is risky business to tamper with the will of the people in full view of the world. Americans have hundreds of years of old rope built with their blood and sacrifice. We will wrap you pathetic power mad criminals in real laws, with real courts where justice is blind. Lying reporters are reminded to beware of acting as agents for criminals and treason collaborators. Ignore the established laws at your own peril. The world is watching.
    Patriot rider.

45. Greg says:

President Trump’s decision to pull troops from Syria will result in a breakup of NATO. Turkey is a NATO member who by attacking the Kurds will go against NATO’s interests. President Trump has given Turkey an ultimatum, attack the Kurds and the US will destroy your economy. Sara Carter is reporting the Turks have started bombing the Kurds. If the rest of NATO doesn’t condemn or help the US stop the attack on the Kurds you can expect President Trump to withdraw the US from NATO. If NATO agree’s with Trump then Turkey will leave NATO one way or the other.
    Bible Prophecy tells us that Turkey will align itself with Russia in an attack on Israel so the separation of Turkey from the US thru NATO had to happen. Turkey is already buying anti aircraft weapons from Russia so I think we can see the handwriting on the wall. As soon as an announcement is made that Turkey has joined the Warsaw Pact then I think all the players will be aligned for the Gog, Magog War against Israel.
    President Trump in an effort to MAGA has accelerated the end times.
    I pray Jesus comes for us soon.. BTW, Russia will not attack Turkey….

46. Devil in the Blue Drapes says:

This method of publicly issuing “subpoena letters” follows their playbook to a T.
    They can claim the Executive is stalling or outright refusing to comply and the LoFo’s glom onto OMG ? obstruction! We’ve got him now.

47. Heika says:

BLUFF… all bluff. One can win wars with bluff. Thank goodness for this sort of constant vigilance and dissection of their dirty tricks to try to keep the public vigilant. Thank you a million times Sundance

48. I must be missing something in my comprehension of the Dem’s plot: But if we know these letters are not subpoenas and the Republicans know they are not Subpoenas and the POTUS know they are not Subpoenas but just letters in an attempt to gather evidence from the Executive for some type of Impeachment Inquiry Campaign Show, why in Hell would anyone comply or even respond?
    Understandably the American people must know what is going on in DC and it’s up to the Republicans to get the message across, with explanations the average person can understand. AND of course, POTUS does a great job with Twitter BUT to even suggest or consider compliance to a worthless piece of paper written with meaningless words, makes no sense whatsoever!

• raptors2020 says:

The American people don’t know what’s going on, but you know. It’s not up to the Republicans, it’s up to you.
      Don’t lecture, don’t harangue, just ask hard questions, just make good points: good enough. Even leftists know their answers are weak and evasive.
      Ask where the Russian Collusion is. Ask where the global warming is. Ask what Trump lied about. Ask if a fetus is a human being. Ask if Biden took bribes. Ask if Hillary took bribes. Helen Keller could see it, and hear it.

• WhiteBoard says:

Exactly Raptors. I read Dutchman point out something so clearly that i never saw before. It almost looked like he was explaining how Globalism was attempted on the USA and Europe.
        1) Europe – Benghazi to arm ISIS and start refugee flow to Europe
        2) USA – Fast and Furious to arm Cartels to start refugee flow to USA
        Our country looks like it was purposefully attacked through something I can’t define yet (between economic hit and military hit).
        foreign aid – laundered into back pockets of politician families.
        wars started to aid companies of politicians children.
        FISA courts abused to underbid competing companies prices
        I also think the FISA Court Judge report crap, is just a ploy (judges unknowing , sure) to hide the fact that the NSA database was being siphoned by Fusion GPS and Crowdstrike to create a Private Database accessible to the highest bidder (and people payed to keep DIRT Hidden- aka member of the club).
        Find a way to explain this in as simple terms as Dutchman did. It really resonated with me.

• TarsTarkas says:

Pelosi & Co know that they are not subpoenas but call them subpoenas and thus when they are ignored will scream ‘obstruction’ in order to get wavering Republican Reps and Senators and the few remaining Blue Dogs left to hop on her Impeachment train.
      This is what happens when language is totally twisted to suit one’s preferences. Humpty Dumpty definitions. Like calling a male member a sixth limb.

49. jrapdx says:

Sundance says “Every moment of their existence they spend thinking about how to gain power and dominate, 24/7/365 that’s all they do…”
    I don’t doubt it a bit. Reminds me of a conversation with my wife. We used to put up bird feeders at the back of the house. A great joy to see our feathered friends closeup! However the feeders also attracted other critters, in particular a contingent of squirrels who were a constant hassle.
    As is their nature, squirrels are hard to defeat. I had partial success with elaborate barriers, but in the end they got around most of them. Living near the center of town, shooting the buggers isn’t allowed, but to be honest I was sorely tempted to break out the artillery anyway.
    Question is how does a furry rat with a brain the size of an almond defeat the best efforts of human beings? After the extensive battles I came to the conclusion squirrels succeed because of the reasons Sundance cites. Our rodent enemies have specialized brains that spend 24/7/365 thinking how to get those seeds we put out and almost nothing else. Meanwhile we humans are busy solving a great many problems so much more complex than furry rats could even consider.
    Democrats have squirrel-like brains, though utterly lacking whatever charm furriness conveys. Democrats know only how to scheme and plot to go after a few seeds as if that’s such a big deal. In the end they’ll get very little reward for their monumental effort. If only their brains were sufficiently developed so they’d see the reward would be that much greater applied to constructive effort.
    But alas Democrats are just what they are. When sees are gone they’ll go away. That is, as long as we don’t pull out the shotgun before they scurry into the trees.

• L. Gee says:

The only squirrel-proof bird feeder I ever saw that worked was to install a plastic plate (top-side up to hold the birdseed) on a tall pole. Then at the top of the pole, immediately under the plate, attach one end of a Slinky so that the pole is inside the Slinky.
      Here’s how it works: Squirrel climbs up, grabs hold of the Slinky, and takes a nice, boingy ride down down DOWN! Sad squirrel; great entertainment!
      With all rodents, including Dems, there are ways to defeat your enemy!

• jrapdx says:

Alas I’ve seen and read about such contraptions. Unfortunately that wasn’t possible in our location. Living on a steep slope surrounded by large trees constrained the equipment that could be used.
        FWIW I’ve devised some other types of barriers but the issue then becomes how much reinforcement is worthwhile to install at the expense of making one’s home into a bizarre-looking fortress.
        Besides there’s still the intrinsic problem of the mess created—birds are wonderful creatures but sloppy as all get out.
        That’s also true of Democrats, so sloppy they’re self-defeating, which is no doubt their best feature…

50. tozerbgood8315 says:

While we wait… in the mean time… Trump’s tweet got taken down for (cough cough) Trademark infringement, Nevertheless… Nickelback is still benefiting & raking in the increase in song downloads. There’s an upside to everything I suppose.

• ?Gunny66 says:

Ok…….The Dutchman is correct as usual.
      And the only way to defeat this is to:
      Show Up. Show up on the 17th…..Show up on twitter…..show up in e-mail and phone calls…..
      There are more than 65 million of us now. Much, much more.
      A man or a woman who has been on welfare, or without a job for years and is now working. The farmers who are now not selling to Big Agricultural firms but selling because of trade deals.
      The Black Americans, the Black fathers who can get their family “off” welfare and now come home, because they no longer have to follow the welfare rules.
      Do you think they do not know why they are now working…..supporting their families?
      It is because of our President.
      Our President……what a total genius he is…….exposed the swamp…..Dems and Republicans.
      He also exposed the Neocons.
      Joe Biden….gone..toast..
      Lindsey Graham….exposed
      Benghazi..back on the radar…..that’s Hillary and Obama
      Clapper / Brennon one of the two are now saying Obama made them do it
      Congress exposed…..in a panic…Everyone calling for Barr to recuse
      And….much…much….more..
      All for us to now “take action”…..And how did he…..our President do this?..
      The genius our President is
      The President did it by making “two phone calls”.
      Let Trump be Trump

51. TwoLaine says:

Joe diGenova Responds to Second Whistleblower
    7 Oct 2019

• Looks like he may have been eating popcorn.

• ecmarsh says:

Do these people really think that Americans are retarded?
      According to CNN Wolf and her puppies, the new whistle blower has to be disguised and and he/ she’s voice altered cause the Republicans could leak it’s identity to Trump and he/ she could be killed. And then they start the conversation about someone’s life being in danger for telling the truth. /something/like/that

• anthohmy says:

Whatever happened to that Huge thing that was supposed to happen “this week” and did not? Or did it and I missed it?

• TwoLaine says:

Allegedly more whistleblowers came forward, remember? People who got some ba11s once they knew they were finally being investigated for the biggest political hoax perpetrated on the American electorate and the world in history.
        The damning IG report about Comey already dropped and the DIMs refuse to look at it or bring anyone forward for testimony on it.

• Lester Smith says:

Weaselblower weaselblower 1 and 2 . We know Adam Schiff has talked to you. He told you how and what to do. We know your game and won’t be fooled. Trump will perval and you’ll be screwed. Weaselblower 1 and 2.

52. Magabear says:

All the news sources, fake and even not fake, keep reporting these letters being sent as subpoenas. Amazing how the left controls the language.
    I’m starting to wonder if Pelosi and her scheme team actually want the courts, especially SCOTUS, to pull the plug on their fake impeachment efforts so they can squeal that the Courts saved PDJT and use that as their rallying cry in 2020. Hard to figure that group of snakes out sometimes.

• swimeasy says:

I believe that is precisely why Pelosi et al are running this playbook the way they are to keep it out of the courts as a political matter with the optics “looking like’ impeachment but without the legal pushback of a real impeachment. Unless and until Pelosi puts it up for a House vote, no legal perks of a real impeachment ie ability to subpoena, involvement by SCOTUS, etc.

• All Too Much says:

Good way out of it, and continues illegitimate SCOTUS narrative.

53. Maybe I am out to lunch, but shouldn ‘t the DOJ be involved as the first letters appear to be a clear case of blackmail/extortion. Give us the “stuff we want of we are going to charge you with obstruction. Also since it had threats against the White House/President it seems to rise to the level of sedition/treason.

54. Rowdyone says:

In an age where Democrats/Socialists openly ignore or dismiss the Constitution, they appear to be tripped up by their own reluctance to abide by it’s procedures. Yet, as Sundance has pointed out, the process is deliberately being bastardized to give the appearance of due process to fool the rubes in 2020 without a care if it dies in the Senate. It’s nothing more than a power play to wound Trump and turn out their base. Their 2020 candidates certainly don’t excite them. And why go to all of this trouble? To cover up past transgressions being investigated by Barr.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Too bad (for them) they have squandered any political leverage in complete desperation
      Let’s party.

• Jederman says:

I keep wondering what they think is going to happen when they lose the majority in the house.
      Are they under the impression this will be forgotten? But then our side is not long on cojones. I guess that’s why they don’t seem worried.
      They have burned all the bridges. Actually, all the bridges were (imo) burned when obama decided (or was told) there will no longer be a peaceful transfer of power based on free and fair elections and tried the chicago way to keep the fundamental transformation going.
      How do we go back from here? They hate us and want our demise bamn. It is unfortunate, truly. But it’s reality and must be dealt with accordingly. If they don’t want coexistence (and they made it clear they don’t,) fine. There will be no coexistence.
      And that’s cool because they’re not really dems anymore are they? They’re commies, socialists etc etc, they don’t belong in this country.

• Right to reply says:

I think you have forgotten that ANTIFA are their street babies. When they lose they riot and set fires. Everything they have done so far is identical to the Arab Springs

55. Kaco says:

I would hope they would NOT comply, and send response that until a full House vote dictating such, this is not legal nor enforceable.

56. “Obviously Lawfare, instructing Pelosi’s group, realizes the larger American electorate has caught on to the impeachment word games.”
    —–
    actually .. the larger American electorate has 95% tuned out this new impeachment virus.
    Mueller inoculated U.S.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

With a polyvalent vaccine, at that.
      Covers lots of illnesses: Mueller, Pelosi, Biden, Shiff, you name it.

57. Merkin Muffley says:

Those “subpoenas” are great for lining bird cages!

58. Don McAro says:

I hear the Whistleblower is now going to testify as a silhouette and voice change…
    Its going to be Hard Changing Schiffs voice and the silo of his pencil neck

• benifranlkin says:

Wouldn’t it be funny if someone came forward to whistleblow Schiff? …there has to be a patriot or 2 to drop a real stink right in the middle of this farce. Need to disguise him or her as a sexy silhouette with a voice like Bullwinkle.

59. Bogeyfree says:

Lets hope that the illness of Justice Thomas is minor but I am always skeptical when I hear our most conservative Justice on the Court is out when critical impeachment ruling on how the house is conducting their activities may go to the SC.
    Let’s just say I’m suspicious of the timing of this illness for now.
    Something to keep an eye on IMO

• littleanniefannie says:

After all, look at Justice Scalia. Alone, on a hunting trip? I forget, was it in Arkansas or anywhere near Chappaqua?

• All Too Much says:

If Ginsberg can sign, Thomas can sign.
      Seriously, though, your point is well taken.
      Suppose the worst, a six justice court, making he decision.

60. Romeo Hall says:

“The only people who know the law are the people who need to know it.”

61. The President NEEDS to start selling “Fake Democratic Impeachment Subpoena” toilet paper at the White House Gift Shop.

• Johnny says:

Sorry I stepped on your comment. I did not see it till mine posted.

• All Too Much says:

Yes, take it to a huge audience. The population hears subpoena and thinks subpoena. A good tweet explanation would bring the facts to the front. Maybe the letters and demands are just gussied up rakes.

• littleanniefannie says:

The simple fact is that the dumbing down of the American people takes place with those who get their “news” from the MSM and even Fox. These people never read the actual documents. Even I, a humble non-English major, remember enough from my middle and high school days to know that the first IG report and the summary were not written by people in the same quadrant of the country! Style, vocabulary, conclusions, etc. Not even close. Do the masses even question the differences? Nope. Took the word of CNN or NBC. Transcript of the Ukraine call or Schitt’s parody? Way too many supposedly “educated” people showed themselves to be edumacated instead. The list goes on.
        What is the message to be gained? Those of us at the Treehouse are “woke” to what’s going on because we find the actual documents posted here and read them as opposed to regurgitating the DemocRAT talking points!

62. Johnny says:

President Trump should tell Schiff that since he believes in recycling, the so called subpoena letters will be placed in the White House bathroom for toilet paper.

63. jus wundrin says:

Good write-up, SD, I also believe that after almost three years of nothing, the fascist progs need something, anything to sate the ignorant part of their base. They know how quick to violence these people can be, and how easily an instigator can whip them up into a violent frenzy.
    If pelozi cant find the proper scapegoat, i.e. the repubs, the mob turns on them. If the senate does a quick slam dunk out the door on this coup attempt, they will be the target. The SCOTUS plays their role too, especially with a conservative majority. The Kavanuagh anniversary, that received little airplay from the far left MSM, is an indication of how mentally unstable these folks are.
    When this plays out, and if you live near a BIG blue metropolitan area as a Trump supporter, you will be a target.
    Pray for our country!

• littleanniefannie says:

The RINOs think the DemocRATs will protect them because they stand against President Trump. If the DemDums are successful we will soon find out how the weight of the bus these idiots are thrown under feels!

64. All Too Much says:

In the real world of federal civil litigation, if a lawyer asked a court to order enforcement of the letter/attachment, the lawyer asking for the order would be sanctioned, better yet ridiculed in front of a full courtroom, including his clients. District courts were my place of business for several decades. I’ve seen the ridicule I described and it works to stop any further abusive conduct.
    That won’t happen to the Cummings or Engels, two tiered justice, but it should.
    A demand! to comply with the letter, though, might result it a court/district/appeals/SCOTUS, decision/ruling, which could put a stop the Pelosi’s constitution shredding.

65. Bogeyfree says:

PT should consider tweeting…….
    Funny how the ones who benefit most from wars are always advising me to stay engaged in these conflicts. I wonder why that is?
    Maybe they should open up their net worth statements and tell the American people where their financial gains have come from before I take their advise under advisement.

66. Ausonius says:

All kinds of allegations now being called “KEY FACTS” by CBS (Fake) News:
    “…Soon after the July call, White House officials moved a record of the call to a highly classified computer system, severely restricting who could access it….
    …The measures the House committee is considering, this aide said, “speak to concerns about the ranking member and his intentions.” In other words, Democrats are worried that Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the committee, will share the whistleblower’s identity with the White House.
    On the Senate side, “I can’t think of a time when we needed to conceal someone’s identity from the other party,” the aide said.
    Nunes relinquished his leadership of the House committee’s Russia probe after he was accused of coordinating with the White House to disclose classified information aimed at embarrassing the previous administration.”

(My emphasis above)
    Oh my! Embarrassing MAObama! How terrible!

67. Bluto says:

I got banned at Gateway Pundit for saying that their insistence that the Pentagon had received subpoenas was fake news and linking to this article.

• mikeyboo says:

Did they actually tell you that was the reason for the ban?!

• Bluto says:

That was all that was in my post. O
        I just got a red banner telling me I had been banned. There was a link saying “find out why” but I had not violated any rules listed. I think Jim Hoft got his panties in a knot because I said their article did not give all of the information and was therefore fake news. Then I linked to here.

68. ChampagneReady says:

This is like an arsonist trying to start a fire with wet matches.

69. Jeff says:

And the lying Fake Media are full-throttle. All day on the radio, the top of the hour “news” blips breathlessly informed us of yet another round of “subpoenas.” “The President and the White House received several more subpoenas today…” yada yada yada.

70. SD, you’re a one-man Alinsky wrecking ball! Somewhere in the Lawfare complex there’s a junior attorney tasked with scouring and synopsizing your posts for his Bolshevik Precinct Captains.

71. Jeff says:

The thought that immediately came to mind when I heard about the first WB, and the “revised” WB complaint form, was a pure Alinsky-type thought. If anyone can now file a WB complaint based on second-hand info….
    Well, um… Treepers are pretty smart. Need I go on?

72. Sloth963 says:

Would it be fair to refer to these as sub-subpoenas?

73. Bill Dumanch says:

After reading all the items, I can only conclude:
    “Eat the babies” makes sense to these people. Whoa.
    Mondays…

74. Bill Dumanch says:

After reading all the items, I can only conclude:
    “Eat the babies” makes sense to these people. Whoa.
    Mondays…

75. Bruce Hayden says:

Just a reminder – these “subpoenas” were made under the House’s legislative and oversight power (Article I, Section 1). The House has little, to no, legislative or oversight jurisdiction over the White House, since it is the center of a separate Constitutional branch of government, authorized under Article II. They only have legislative or oversight power over portions of the government that they created. This does not include the Presidency.

76. Amy2 says:

This would be a good time for Brennan to be indicted, arrested….something! His cattle call to the intelligence committee was detestable. Him in an orange suit would hopefully get them to think twice about these antics. Please Mr. Barr, put the dots together and gather the evidence quickly! We need the pendulum to swing back in the right direction!

77. Rynn69 says:

Can anybody answer why not one Fox News reporter has asked who the whistleblower is? Who is the POS and why is he allowed to hide? Why is this not beat like a dead horse every hour on the hour on Fox?
    Anybody notice how Fox News programming for the hour starts something like this:
    “A second whistleblower comes forward against Trump, we will discuss with ______”
    “Also, the White House is refusing to cooperate with the House impeachment inquiry, more with ____”
    “President Trump slams Schiff about Ukraine call, says Schiff ‘lying’, we will discuss with ____ and ____”
    “McConnell says he will not pursue impeachment inquiry, more later.”
    Nothing on Joe Biden. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Joe Biden, who knowingly should be investigated for in-your-face (or on-the-tape) illegal activities – namely selling OUR American taxpayers money for HIS own (and family) enrichment is not discussed. Not investigated. Not anything. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.
    President Trump – squeaky clean is being harassed, smeared, and lied about. America has the wrong people in government. And that must be remedied.

• redthunder238 says:

You still think Fox genuinely supports Trump? Look up who actually runs the network, it’s not who you think.

78. Dick_Turpin says:

I would like to see somebody like Mr Pompeo stand up in front of the cameras and say
    “This is what I think of this letter from Pelosi and Schiff” and then put it through a paper shredder on the table next to him!
    It would really bring the point home.

79. Merkin Muffley says:

This is deprivation of rights under color of law, pure and simple. These fake subpoenas and not only non-binding, they are illegal.

80. Madi says:

Sorry if you already look at this expose already : Ukraine started 2014 ? Oh yes dirty Democrats and dirty republicrats

Comments are closed.