Report: U.S. DC Attorney Jessie Liu Will Indict Andrew McCabe…

Several news outlets are now reporting that U.S. Attorney for DC, Jessie Liu, will likely indict former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for lying to FBI investigators.

The reporting is based on leaked email communications from the lawyers representing Andrew McCabe, where McCabe’s legal appeals to Main Justice and current DOJ Deputy Attorney General James Rosen were rejected.

WASHINGTON DC – […] A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, “The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office.” (more)

While an indictment of McCabe is a positive step toward accountability for the corrupt ‘small group’ within the DOJ/FBI, the fact that McCabe is afforded a back-and-forth debate on the issues only highlights the ridiculous prism of tiered justice and politics.

The OIG investigation of McCabe, and the subsequent criminal referral, was finalized over 18 months ago. No ordinary citizen, other than well-connected ‘beach friends‘, would be granted such considerations.

If McCabe is indicted it will be interesting to read the Lawfare (Benjamin Wittes) perspective on having one of their team finally encountering legal accountability.

This entry was posted in 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report Comey, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

621 Responses to Report: U.S. DC Attorney Jessie Liu Will Indict Andrew McCabe…

1. Zephyrbreeze says:

And Hillary’s cackle is heard ’round the world.
    The big bosses never take the rap in DC.
    Let that be a lesson to the lesser peons.

2. Dutchman says:

I just realised my problem with this news story.
    The old school way, codified by DOJ policy, is prosecutors neither confirm bor deny investigations or pending indictments.
    There are good and valid reasons for this, and we see in both MYE and Mueller, what happens when this policy is ignored or abused.

And yet, low and behold, we have unofficial leaks that they are ABOUT to indict McCabe. This does NOT bide well for any return to the rule of law, with the ‘new sheriff in town’, but rather indicates IMHO, cleaner rather than housecleaner.

• For Eyes says:

The only time you will hear from Barr is when his own credibility and reputation are questioned. That is now happening. Now you hear from him.

• Dutchman says:

Well, I am questioning him, but not sure he’s litening to ME, LOL.

• Raptor says:

Ok, we get it. You don’t think Barr is the real deal.
        I understand that you are impatient, as are most of us, but Bill Barr is fastidious and not in a hurry. I believe He is moving forward with anticipation that every fact is double checked and there are no sloppy mistakes that can pop up to put his final edit in question; thus ensuring his results will be legally airtight
        Only time will tell, but I hope if I am right you will be gracious and offer your “mea culpa”
        I have to believe that Trump/Barr will triumph over the Swamp , because if this whole “coup attempt”/Dual Tired justice system issue is not addresed, it will likely forever tear this country in two.
        Just my 2 cents…

• For Eyes says:

What do we KNOW to be true:

* No material indictments
          * Is it 3 or is it 4 decisions to decline to prosecute on criminal referrals?
          * Barr’s DOJ is still withholding Brady information from Flynn and Sidney. Either Barr is a hero or Sidney is, but they can’t both be.

The rest is supposition that the visible inaction is a good thing. Just like the crowd here supported Sessions forever.

Absent the decline to prosecute decisions and the DOJ behavior with Flynn, the patience argument would be stronger. But those things are facts not to be easily dismissed.

My 2 cents

• jx says:

That sums it up nicely. Thank you.

• Donzo says:

For all we know Barr is letting his dirty rotten prosecutors of Flynn go down with the ship. If that were the case, more power to him, but then again, you may be right. I don’t think realism precludes a bit of old fashioned optimism unless there is not a thread of hope for it to hang on. Remember the American Revolution? They dug deep into the limited supplies of optimism to pull that one out and we should do no less. And I can see plenty of signs for hope, particularly as concerns Flynn. Spygate justice is still too murky (perhaps swampy, perhaps not) with Durham’s actions completely hidden from public view.

• willyeye says:

Is it possible that Barr won’t give everything to Powell that she wants because that evidence is being used in another case?

• Boots says:

You don’t think Barr is the real deal.

What a man is, is found in his deeds of record.

Barrs’ defense of the BATF paid paid hit man Lon Horiuchi, and Barrs’ arguing to the government that government paid hit men who kill innocent civilians shouldn’t be prosecuted, else it would destroy the fabric of law enforcement, is all I need to know about Barr.

• MitchSteel says:

Bill Barr is not on our side. You can not point to one thing he has done in his time(s) as AG. That has made us more safe, more free or easier to breath within our rights of liberty.

Bill Barr is 100% the 2nd,4th and 14th Amendments anr I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. He is FOR red flag laws. He is FOR AWB 2.0. He is for the elimination of Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
          He did everything in his power to hide evidence of FBI/ATF wrongdoing at Ruby Ridge.
          The sad part, Treepers think he is on our side.
          Cold rage, the Intelligence Apparatus of the USA…runs our country.

• cheryl says:

People forget that Barr only took office at the end of February. He strikes me as the kind of man that does his own investigation and does not rely on what his predecessor said or did. That is the reason I think you are right about Barr. It is going to take some time. We’ve waited and waited and waited but we’re just going to have to try to be more patient.

• Amy2 says:

My thought is, the DOJ guys who are coming in and doing their job are tired of the people who didn’t (because they were busy spying/cavorting/leaking) I’m in retail. Whatever store I’m sent to, I work hard and the place is better for my having been there. Sometimes I get a little tired going in and rescuing some store manager who isn’t worth his salt. Maybe we will see some righteous indignation. Whatever gets us there!

• I believe I read somewhere that it was McCabe’s attorney who leaked it, not DOJ.

• Dutchman says:

I stand, er liecdown corrected. Sundance article says several sources now reporting, “from leaked emails from McCabes attorneys.
        Always the problem with these stories based on leaks! Did the prosecutors leak them? Did McCabes lawyers leak them?

And what was the MOTIVE of whoever leaked them, as,well as the motive of the outlets reporting.
        I only believe half of what I see, and NONE of what I hear.
        Something stinks, or at the least this story need a lot more time to develop.

• ladypenquin says:

Dutch, SD indicates that the leaking, likely from McCabe’s lawyers themselves, are to get out in front of the indictments – paint McCabe as a political victim of DJT’s administration. That’s why CNN hired these guys – use their microphone to shape the narrative.

• Dutchman says:

Yeah, its a possibility. The two week, or even two or more month rule, applies.
            Remember Stormy and Avanatti?,….Who?,..exactly.

Or, how about Access Hollywood tape? Lets see what happens.
            But, for any of these guys, there,are about 6 defences they can roll out to the jury, to create reasonable doubt.

So IF he or any of these guys get charged, its the beginning of a real up and down roller coaster ride.

• Yep, the more as time goes on today the more skeptical I’ve become. Why would MCabe’s attorney leak it? It certainly took some hot air from Nadler. But, I do think any intentions of prosecuting tMCabe and others are a direct result of Sidney Powell’s recent filings.

• Dutchman says:

Granted, its ALL interconnected, but I don’t see a direct line between Sidneys filings, and any increased activity by the DOJ, to prosecute the low hanging fruit.

• underwhelmingposter says:

Dutchman, I’ve been toying with the idea that Ms. Powell may not be too sure on Barr. Therefore she has included the “kitchen sink” in her filings. She lays out almost everything we have been studying for these last months. It comes under the heading of “prosecutorial misconduct” but it could also be a grand plan to show DOJ misconduct. Perhaps the further she goes, the more she pushes, then there could be a corner Barr might find himself in. I for one do not want to see the Flynn case dismissed. The exculparory possibilities could have a tiger’s tail tight to the DOJ top echelon!

• cboldt says:

This news is not from a leak from the government. It is coming from Camp McCabe, which is free to share.
      I don’t know enough about pre-indictment practice to read much into this, but speculate the “real reason” main justice acted the way it did was to put the decision squarely on Liu’s shoulders. Andrew McCarthy had a good point that Liu sending up to main justice is sensible, given the position McCabe had in the government. Give main justice an opportunity to weigh in.
      Is an indictment in the near future? Only those close to Liu’s office know the answer to that. I don’t see any need for urgency, myself.

• Dutchman says:

I see no need for urgency, either, but I think we are in minority on that.
        Yes,,reread article says leak came from McCabes attorney.

Strategy, or P.R.? Not getting me too excited.

• ann says:

It makes sense , Choldt,

Barr is forcing Individuals to own their decisions.

If so, rather clever. Each leader is accountable & expected to perform.
        And by the way, authentic ethics are back in style.

I Hope you are right .
        Big improvement from former nebulous group process.

As Muh Russia Mueller smugly observed “of course, the depharment never comments on matters of internal deliberation.” 🙈🙉🙊

As if that is given, and everyone ‘who counts’ is cool, !!!! 🔥

• YeahYouRight says:

Contrary to the usual situations, the IG’s recommendation to indict has been hanging in the air since his report over a year ago.

Fear not.

• Georgia says:

I may be wrong but–I read it that the “leak” is actually from McCabe’s side not the DOJ here….

• Chewbarkah says:

“The reporting is based on leaked email communications FROM THE LAWYERS REPRESENTING ANDREW MCCABE…” (Sundance’s second sentence).

The DoJ formally notified McCabe’s counsel that his request for special treatment had been denied. McCabe leaked it, not the DoJ. It’s what he does.

• Dutchman says:

Yes, I SAW that. I don’t know if WP is playing silly buggers with my responces, I HAVE responded to aknowledge this,several times.

I DID read the article, before commenting. Then I took a nap, woke up and posted my comment. THEN read the,article a second time, and noted what is reported as the source.
        Still its early in this,story, so lets,wait and see what happens.

• Linda K. says:

Dutchman, with the history here, McCabe is probably leaking it himself.

• MD says:

Nailed it! Is suspicious cat taking a nap? I think this all done to try to run out the clock until Nov 2020 when they hope Trump loses. We probably won’t hear much else about this.

• Dutchman says:

I’ve been thinking for some time, we might not see anything definitive on this front until after the elections.

IF Barr is a housecleaner, and Durham IS doing something, he could be working towards sealed indictments, which stops the clock on statute of limitations.
        Going by the spirit of the policy that says you don’t announce a politically charged indictment within 60 days of an election (Stevens case perfect example of why), and recognising that these cases,are SO politically charged that an anouncement any time after Barr was appointed could effect the election, and there really is no urgency, he will hold off unsealing the indictments until after the election.

And, if he is a cleaner, after the election, with a lot of political capital, PDJT will ask for Barr and Wrays resignations, and get personally involved.

Coarse, I could be way off, I pray to God a lot, but he seldom takes me into his confidence, LOL.

3. Joe says:

Slap on wrist with a curtain of kabuki theater.

Hes taking one for the team. They need this put behind them.

• Chietain says:

Indictment => Plea Deal => Fine + Community Service + ZERO jail time or 30 days max at “safe” jail. Two tier justice will still be operative, at least that is my prediction.

4. SR says:

Andrew M said that he will burn DC if would go to prison long time back . We are still waiting for his news conference to burn whole DC.

5. leftnomore says:

If true, it can be held that the pressure generated by US made the difference. It must be killing Liu to do this, but she needs to get used to it. Comey must be next.

6. Fools Gold says:

What heard was “boy don’t lie to me. You’re gonna be question under oath now go to your room until we discuss how we’re going to punish you with our questions”…yep that’s about the sum of this one to date. Time to clean up the DOJ mr Barr!!! Tick Tock!!!

7. Carrie says:

Unfortunately, I’m at the point that I will believe it when it actually happens. Especially since this involves Liu. (Sorry, trying hard not to be an eeyore).

• Ilot says:

Anyone that doubts the Sidney Powell MOAB is naive. She’s thrown down a gauntlet resonating in DC.

I have to admit, the nay sayers are getting boring. So many Detroit Lions fans here I guess. Willing to lay down thousands for season tickets, pay $12 for a beer and $5.00 for hot dogs only to sit and complain about the team. Must be tough but no sympathy here. My message is pretty simple…GTFO of my foxhole.

• gda53 says:

The Barr haters took a running leap into the lake of criticism without checking to see the rocks just below the surface. Hope they went in head first and knocked themselves silly.

Doubters and fifth columnists, the lot.

Me, I see a cornucopia of information bursting into public knowledge all around me and the first big scalp to fall. Weren’t these same doubters saying this would NEVER happen? No one will ever be indicted they said. Now they’re complaining (inaccurately) as to HOW it supposedly happened? Really guys? Bring out the suspicious cats.

McCabe said he would not go silent into the night. Maybe he’s going to be a stoolie now as well as a liar and (as pointed out earlier tonight) a seditionist. You can bet the snakes are writhing in their pits.

Next week comes the declassification of many key documents. I’ve heard (again tonight) that we might not see the main IG Report now for a while, because we’ll see indictments coming before it CAN be released.

Whatever. Maybe.

Everything I’ve seen from Barr shows me that he’s the genuine article as far as it goes. He’s the best you could ever hope for. As far as it goes.

“As far as it goes” means SOME more indictments. The indictment of McCabe pretty much ensures that now. It was the bell-weather indictment. And we know the crimes to come are much worse than those he’s threatened with indictment over.

The next 14 months will be interesting. And entertaining.

• ADDgolfer says:

The doubts of many could be satisfied if just a few teeny, tiny, small, fish were presented on the plate.
          Filling the water glasses occasionally doesn’t do much to curb the growling stomach sounds coming form the hungry

8. Trent Telenko says:

Color me a doubting Thomas.

When Andrew McCabe is being given a perp walk to a Federal penitentiary, after his conviction, I’ll believe he is going to prison.

Not before.

9. bessie2003 says:

Wonder if the rumors of indictment are merely trial balloons to see how mad the citizens will be if there isn’t an actual indictment.

These are unconfirmed, or un-sourced rumors, right? Or has something actually occurred?

• cboldt says:

Given the source of the news, the purpose of the news is to benefit McCabe. It creates the foundation for “news” that the DOJ is acting in a vindictive way under orders from capo Barr or “don” Trump.

• bessie2003 says:

That’s a possibility, or

if no indictment actually occurs then CNN can use that non-event to push their new star contributor’s bonafides.

I really hope he is indicted, even if it is for the misleading he did re: the Clinton emails. It would be a good start.

• The Boss says:

Hopefully the collected, talentless morons at CNN will get one thing right.
          People accused of crimes are innocent until and unless proven otherwise.
          Hopefully we’ve got that one thing right here too. I wonder sometimes.

10. Magabear says:

Does McCabe get to keep his CNN gig even if he’s found guilty? (Of course he will).

11. ruckustom says:

Boy howdie. Some legal action is being taken, possibly, against McCabe for lying under oath. Man, I tell you. That’s going to bring DC to its knees.

12. dawg says:

From the Fox news article:

“That leak confirmed the existence of the probe, the report said, which Comey had, up to that point, refused to do.”

……which Comey had, up to that point, refused to do.”
    ……which Comey had up to that point, refused to do.”

That leak is what forced Comey’s had to announce the reopening of the case.

The NYPDs insistence on DOJ looking into the laptop was rebutted by DOJs threat to charge the cop in the Eric Garner death. The DOJ had squashed that.

Comey has said he had to announce reopening because he didnt want to be seen as hiding it. But that doesn’t pass the smell test. Comey, and everyone else in the world was SURE that Hillary would win and thus, he would be protected. He wouldnt have to worry about that. The whole thing would be squashed.

Point is, McCabe blew the whole thing apart by trying to make himself out to be the honorable FBI agent to the reporter.

One could argue that if McCabe doesnt leak that, then Comey doesnt announce the reopening on October 28th, and HILLARY WINS.

They all probably blame McCabe for all of this.

McCabe has said Comey approved the leak but Comey threw him under the bus and said something like, “I dont recall McCabe informing me of that”. I actually believe Comey on that point.

McCabe said that “he and Comey dont even have a relationship anymore”.

McCabe said if “I goes down Im taking everyone with me!”

The conspirators have all sold him out and so now I bet he would follow through with that threat.

FOR GOD’S SAKE, THROW THE BOOK AT MCCABE, EVERYTHING YOU CAN, AND OFFER HIM A DEAL TO FLIP ON COMEY IF, AND ONLY IF, HE GIVES UP THE GOODS, AND ALL THE GOODS, ON COMEY!!!!

JUST DO IT!

• dawg says:

Disregard, I got my investigations mixed up. McCabe leaked the existence of the CF investigation, not the reopening of the Hillary email investigation.

Still gotta throw the book at McCabe and make him sing tho!

13. ladypenquin says:

I’m wondering how many threads indicting McCabe might pull.

Remember that it was McCabe’s sister’s Virginia senate run where former Gov. Terry McAuliffe slid over $500,000. McAuliffe being Hillary Clinton’s bagman. McCabe violated the Logan Act, but it didn’t bother the Dem administration…

14. islandpalmtrees says:

BIGGER FISH TO FRY AND MCCABE IS PART OF THE MAIN COURSE?

I understand the following is true. If so, then Barr has allot more to convict McCabe on!

“As required by statute (50 U.S.C.), a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed by the ISC every 90 days and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause. Then-Director James Comey signed three FISA applications in question on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one.”

15. The telling point in this announcement is that Barr is letting Loosy Liu indict McCabe. In my view, that is plain political garbage. Barr is acting like a political ….(fill in the blank, as you like).

• paul Vincent zecchino says:

Agree, Harry. Nothing will occur here. As Alex Jones said years ago, ‘this is cheap theatre for those still willing to believe it.’

More Justice Kabuki, nothing more.

16. islandpalmtrees says:

It seems to me, that McCabe has allot larger problems? Since, McCabe signed the FISA document, referenced below.

17. Chieftain says:

Remember James Wolfe?
    He got a plea deal. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/10/15/ex-senate-intelligence-staffer-james-wolfe-pleads-guilty-leak-probe/1651318002/
    End result: $7,000 fine + 2 months in jail.
    These guys will not suffer what Flynn has suffered, nor will they do as much time as Scooter Libby or Martha Stewart.
    Rule of law is dead. Two tier justice.

18. US Attorney Liu will THROW the CASE
    … starting with D-rat Jury Selection.

• lotbusyexec says:

She is done and knows she will also be going down. Looking forward to y’all being surprised by the scale of justice. Hammer is coming and few will slide as most get clobbered. Liu splat – next phase – the rolling bonfire

19. Paul Vincent Zecchino says:

Barr is Deep State going all the way back to Mena, Arkansas. Doubtful anything will occur.

Don’t mean to be so skeptical, but courts are the devil’s playground. And these are his people.

20. FishtheDish says:

So…after it becomes public knowledge about McCabe’s leaking and lying it takes 17 months to get to this point? Jessie Liu tosses it back to main justice. It tells me that they really, really did not want to do it. Searched for ways to get out. Judged the expected reaction given the contrasts to Mueller’s victims….and felt they had no choice. Sad.

21. JAS says:

WHAT??? No zero dark thirty 20 man M4 carrying SWAT team? I’m disappointed. But it’s a start.

22. islandpalmtrees says:

I don’t see how McCabe’s lawyers could have any hope of getting him off the FISA felonies. So how can we account for the following? Even, if the McCabe’s lawyers got him off the lying and leaking charges “what difference would it make”?

“While an indictment of McCabe is a positive step toward accountability for the corrupt ‘small group’ within the DOJ/FBI, the fact that McCabe is afforded a back-and-forth debate on the issues only highlights the ridiculous prism of tiered justice and politics”

23. xsnake ralf says:

I don’t expect Mifsud to live long enough to sing….McCabe’s odds better?

24. xsnake ralf says:

so…..after i comment…..then “login”…..where does the damn comment go to?
    who runs this?

25. Danimal28 says:

I would prefer McCabe and his family be subjected to the same assault Roger Stone’s family was at a minimum with CNN at the fore. Yes, the family should be left alone, but Roger’s wasn’t – McCabe’s wife is purely political so it goes with the territory.

Indict these a$$holes for who they are based on their actions.

26. butch cassidy says:

So it begins. Only a fool would predict what’s going to happen next. Is the fix in or is justice going to be served? At least we’re seeing movement. Stay tuned and Pass the pop corn.

• Doug Amos says:

What do you think is going to happen? He’s got Liu and we have Barr; no chance.

• YeahYouRight says:

Andy should just open up and get it all off his chest. We’re all friends here. : )

• Dutchman says:

Irony is, when Andy was questioned, by I.G.Horowitzregarding the leak, he was A) advised of his Miranda rights, and B) RECORDED, with his knowledge and assent, by the I.G. investigators, who were, I believe FBI agents.
        None of this “Oh, no you don’t need a lawyer!” crap, even though in the FIRST interview, where he lied, he was NOT a suspect.

27. DeWalt says:

Pretty sure Lil Sue Who and the DC jury will throw this one.

• Dutchman says:

How about this;
      THIS is why PapaD Got only 14 days, for lieing to the FBI..
      So that, if McCabe is convicted of lieong to FBI, he gets 14 days, and they say “SEE, no “two-tiered justice system!”???
      If so, its REALLY devious.
      Which, is JUST like these justus barstuds.

28. islandpalmtrees says:

Look for McCabe to make a deal on the FISA document he signed. Hear that sound of a draining sink Comey? It’s getting louder!

29. loteal2014 says:

Folks, I would like to believe this is a big catch, but think for one second, he crossed Hillary, he said the Clinton foundation wAs under investigation. That is what he’s in trouble for, nothing else. So, she wants the guy to go down. She’s behind him getting indicted. Bet.

• dawg says:

I had a similar thought, albeit I arrived at it “incorrectly”. But McCabe is a guy who both sides would like to see go down. But if his side has now abandoned him, all the more reason for him to sing, right? So who cares if Hill is behind this, if he flips on Comey because of it, Im good.

• lotbusyexec says:

Maybe NOT! Maybe Barr called her in and said “Your choice, Truth or deep state. Hyenas are awaiting either way. If I was you, I’d go with truth cause EVERYONE knows details already. Just sayin. But your call – I am awaiting your decision with a pink slip or an indictment. Have a great night “

• Drogers says:

Having just read the comments this probably won’t go over to well w/ tonight’s posters however;

Today’s events please me no end. I prefer to see this as the first hairline crack in the deep state dam rather than a one and done for public consumption and appearances sake. I would also point out the first rat starts eating cheese on the other rats gets the full stomach. Were I Comey, Brennan, Page, Rice, etc, (and they could assemble one functional brain between them) it would be plenty hard to get a good nights sleep tonight.

It’s tough Treepers but keep the faith … I continue to believe there’s a reckoning coming.

• Linda K. says:

They saw Sidney’s Brady material motion and realized the gig was up. They have to indict or close shop.

30. jbrickley says:

Meh, give him 15-20 years but tell him if he squeals like a pig and provides evidence of his co-conspirators; he can have it reduce it to 5 years. Then put him in a protective custody with the federal marshals service.

31. Dutchman says:

Another sneaky route. Normally used for defence, but could be adapted by corrupt prosecutors.
    If you, as defence KNOW you can NOT win at trial, and yet DO NOT want to plea bargain, you go to trial, knowing you will lose, but lose in such a way that you are guaranteed to have,conviction overturned on appeal.

If he gets intense, they coukd Prosecute onecof these guys, give him significant sentence rivaling Manafort, then after everyone is mollified and moves on, his sentence is overturned on appeal.
    He gets of with 1 1/2 to 2 years, total.

32. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Kinda related to this thread because McCabe probably had a hand in it:

Sidney brings up a 302 dated 1/19/2017. Anyone here heard about that one??

I thought the first 302 on Flynn was on 1/24/2017. What are we missing here?

There are several lil nuggets in there that are quite intriguing.

33. Bogeyfree says:

Just the other month the DOJ declined to prosecute Comey. Their reason was they didn’t think they could prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

So if that is their key measuring stick and now the leak suggests that the US District Attorney recommends proceeding with charges, doesn’t that suggest that based on their key litmus test, that they must believe they can prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt?

• Proud American from Texas says:

Investigators have him on tape lying. They gave him a 2nd or 3rd chance to come clean and he continued to “lack candor”.

34. Midnite says:

Why would his lawyers leak his upcoming indictment? I wager we see a new Go fund me site popping up any day now for his legal defense fund. He’ll claim he’s a victim of PDJT and the money will come rolling in.

35. GTOGUY says:

The best is yet to come. McCabe is gonna sing like a little birdie. Just surprised that the DOJ sent his lawyers an email instead of a van full of SWAT teams at 5:00 am to his home to arrest him. My bad, that was Paul Manafort and Roger Stone.

36. GTOGUY says:

Will CNN be the first on the scene of his arrest?

37. Rynn69 says:

This is a total joke. WTH, Barr? WHY ARE YOU STILL EMPLOYING JESSIE LIEU? Adding insult to injury, Lieu is going to “prosecute” the coup plotters? Really? She is a key corrupt person involved in the same.

This is beyond insulting to the American people. Lieu herself is compromised. She is married to the attorney of Ballsy-Ford. All of these people are an incestuous group of corrupt criminals that are protecting one another.

So, let me get this straight. In a country of 300+ million people, we are going to allow a handful of people who committed illegal surveillance on citizens, engaged in political espionage that also involved foreign allies, perpetrated fraud on the FISA court utilizing fictional oppo research, conspired to overthrow a President, interfered in a political campaign of the opposing party which included inserted spies into the campaign’s orbit, engaged in entrapment tactics that involved foreign agents, leaked confidential information and colluded with the media to orchestrate the coup and witch hunt, utilized SWAT tactics to intimidate innocent people, indicted and imprisoned people on process crimes or other crimes when people of the opposite party committed the same or more egregious crimes and were immune from prosecution, engaged in the obstruction of justice by allowing destruction of electronic devices, tapping a foreign spy and private oppo firm to compose a phony document to obtain FISA warrants, lying to Congress under oath and lying to the President of the United States, and other crimes continue to erode justice and our rule of law?

Barr is protecting the Swamp. Jeff Sessions 2.0 although with more savvy. If Barr was for justice, things would have already happened…starting with the declassification of materials and termination of Wray. Wray reports to Barr. Don’t forget that.

The “charges” of McCabe are equivalent to charging O.J. Simpson for trespassing. The American people are INSULTED with this so-called indictment. This is what justice is? NO WAY. The American people are running out of patience.

The DOJ is the Department of Jackals.

As an aside, Andy McCarthy was on Howie Carr peddling a load of BS. Tell me, Mr. McCarthy, trading American citizens’ civil liberties, the system of justice, and our Republic is not more important than “protecting foreign allies?” You think Americans are this ignorant? Tired of all these Swamp Guards trying to spoon feed BS to the American people justifying not bringing these people to justice.

38. Gary Lacey says:

Folks, the Democrat Party was in on the coup, the FBI, DOJ, CIA and DIA were too!
    I think Donna Brazilie needs to be brought in for her part also, this was a concerted effort by democrats.

39. Kay Sadeeya says:

If this were a regular American; or a Trump affiliate, the story from DOJ would read “he LIED to the FBI and congress”, but as the author claims, the “tiered”; “beach-buddy” ‘country-club’ group- member; are allotted protection and soft landings with phraseology such as “less than candid”, when it comes to their treatment of justice.

The FBI will destroy someone they aren’t tools for, so I don’t expect much from this until everyone of them at DOJ (and State for a good start) are run out on a rail.

40. Joe says:

I hope that Barr isn’t Sessions 2.0. However, the slow roll is dubious. The voice in my head says these people are way too yoked to turn on each other.

41. gda53 says:

Only the Eeyores at CTH could turn a bell-weather WIN into a condemnation of Barr and the DOJ.

Good grief people. McCabe has said he will sing if he goes down, and he just went down. Guess what that means.

Chin up. Celebrate! Or have you forgotten how? Or are you just showing fifth columnist colours at last?

42. meez says:

Isn’t anyone concerned about Jessica Liu? She was involved in the Awan, James Wolfe and Greg Craig cases. All of which were given a slap on the wrist. Will she give McCabe the same easy treatment? She’s been around the DoJ for a while and her name is tied to some pretty iffy stuff.

• neal s says:

My hope is that even if Liu is the one whose name is associated with the indictment, that others will actually be the prosecutors. And it would be great if Liu were to be dismissed or at least put in a place so as to minimize any damage she might do.

Another satisfactory possibility would be if Liu were only prosecuting for some of what McCabe could be charged with, and that other far more serious charges will be prosecuted by others who will be more faithful and effective. That way even if Liu screws up and lets McCabe off easy, there will still be the chance of some decent prosecution for other things, such as the FISA sign-off.

43. It will be fascinating to see whether Barr allows the sunlight cure for the Spygate infection shine on his beloved CIA, or he tries to contain it at FBI/DOJ (to include Comey?). The entire DC establishment has repeatedly demonstrated that NSA data collection / FISA Court data harvesting structure is protected grounds not to be disrupted (Mueller 2003, Snowden 2012, Collyer 2017). So we know any current efforts will not impact the core program, regardless of disclosures and convictions. Can Barr parse out Spygate from NSA & FISA?

From NYT Aug 23, 2002: https://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/23/us/secret-court-says-fbi-aides-misled-judges-in-75-cases.html
    But in a number of cases, the court said, the F.B.I. and the Justice Department had made ”erroneous statements” in [FISA] eavesdropping applications about “the separation of the overlapping intelligence and criminal investigators and the unauthorized sharing of FISA information with F.B.I. criminal investigators and assistant U.S. attorneys.”

Same as it ever was… All we can do is sit back and watch Barr, the CIA Master of Containment, do his work. Thankfully we have SD and the Treehouse to enrich our viewing pleasure. To paraphrase the rallying cry, “First we f*** McCabe. Then we f*** Brennan!”

44. richard mcdonald says:

If indicted, McCabe will be tried in DC. I see the potential for this to go badly for the good guys. After exhaustive trial and media circus, McCabe found not guilty – the whole cabal gets to walk – it’s over – they win. Don’t trust Jessie Liu.

45. Midnite says:

I’m going to go with Gregg Jarrett on this one, I think he pleads out. It’s his best chance to walk away with a slap on the wrist, community service and no jail time.

46. Gymcy81 says:

‘If’ (DC swamp ) Liu is the one,
    …then something tantalizing (not just law) would seem to be motivating the person (behind the DC scene)?

47. It’s tick tock all over again.

48. Sean Supsky says:

The beginning of the end, I would hazard to say. Whether there is an indictment or not, a conviction or not, I think that this is a shot across the bow.

After reading the story and the accompanying comments, all I can say to the disgruntled and hopeful is this, be watchful and expect movement to commence from here on out.

Remember, this is not just the small group at the FBI, but rather it is a world wide coalition that attempted to subvert our republic. A reckoning must be made, and it will be.

President Trump has said that this cannot happen to another President. This thing that he has said, has priority over everything else. He has promised many things and he is doing his part to make it all happen.

Above all else, remember, God is in control and things will happen in HIS timing, however much we may wish to see certain things happen, if they do, then great, if not, then be patient for a greater victory.