HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson appears on Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo to discuss the ridiculous accusations of racism against President Trump.

In one of the reference points, Dr Carson reminds everyone about the February 2016 ABC debate when all the other candidates left him hanging, but not Donald Trump.  Funnily enough CTH wrote about that specific moment at the time; and it’s interesting how that moment stayed with Dr. Carson and he references it well over three years later.

FLASHBACK February 6th, 2016 – Few people will talk about this, and fewer will even want to acknowledge it, but what Donald Trump did before the ABC debate began shows the measure of a real man’s worth.

Trump and Carson

At the beginning of the ABC debate, each of the candidates were being introduced in a specific order. The first name called to the stage was Chris Christie. The applause was loud and lingered through the time when Martha Raddatz called the second candidate Ben Carson.

Dr. Carson did not hear his name called (easy to understand why when you listen to the video) and stood in the entry-way. The moderators, with their backs to the candidates, didn’t notice his absence and called the third name on the list, Ted Cruz.

Ted walked past Dr. Carson and onto the stage. Carson remained in the awkward, and embarrassing position, ‘no-mans-land’, on-camera but out of sight of the live audience.

What happened next shows the remarkable character of Donald Trump.

The fourth name called was Donald Trump, but by then the back-stage crew and candidates were aware of Dr. Carsons’ position. Trump slowly approached, and then realized the embarrassing position of a fellow candidate hanging in the wind.

Trump showed his leadership by standing right next to his friend, and not walking onto the stage.

The other names continued to be called, and proceeded as mentioned. But not Donald Trump, he remained with his colleague thereby reducing the internal anxiety felt by Carson.

It would have been very easy for Trump to walk by Ben, just like all the other candidates did. But instead he chose to wait, and remove the embarrassment factor by infinite magnitudes.

Then, like a boss, when Dr. Carson was called to the stage, Donald Trump waited and allowed Dr. Carson to get the audience response and appreciation.

It takes a lot of courage to make split second decisions like that, and it shows a remarkable insight into the man’s character.

Watch.

People often mistake Donald Trump’s self-confidence for arrogance or even narcissism. But there is not a narcissist on the planet who would have put themselves into a position like that to assist a competing colleague.

Here’s Mr. Trump talking to an audience member several years ago, and reminding them that no-one is “less than”.

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Culture, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, Patriotism, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Sunday Talks: Dr. Ben Carson Discusses Ridiculous Racist Accusations and Media Complicity…

1. Pale rider says:

Amen, I forgot about that. If I was sitting the fence on him that would have pushed me to his side.

• swissik says:

I remember it well, it was a classy moment to behold. Ben Carson was my preferred choice for president, but having observed the US political scene for decades I knew that such a gentle, soft-spoken and highly educated man wouldn’t be appreciated. However I am glad that he was chosen to be in Trump’s administration.

• goldduggar says:

Another reason why we love President Donald J Trump.

• Dutchman says:

Wow, I didn’t watch this debate, or know about this moment.
        So reminiscent of Reagans “Don’t you turn off my microphone! I PAID for this microphone!” moment, at his debate.

For those unaware, the debate criterion, for who would ‘qualify’, was candidates polling over 20%, in the most recent poll before the debate.

H.W.Bush was sceduled, but the most recent poll, released within 24 hours of the debate, had Bush at 19.5%.

He, and everyone else ASSUMED that he would be in, and he showed up. The debate committe said “No”. None of the other candidates said squat, and it eas to Reagans benefit to have Bush excuded, and in a humiliating way.

Bush had hit Reagan pretty hard on “Voodoo economics”.
        But, just like here with PDJT, Reagan argued and had them rescind their decision and allow Bush on.

Granted, with what I now think about Bush, kinda wish he hadn’t, but like the incident above, he didn’t think about the politics, or the optics; he acted cause it was the RIGHT thing to do!

So refreshing to have leaders who don’t base every action on polls, focus groups, and advisors telling them “Don’t say “Tear down this wall!”, or “Don’t tweet!”.

REAL leadership!

• I remember like yesterday! Trump is a big man in the best of ways, taking control of an awkward moment with his friend (as Low Energy Jeb! smirkingly strode by…). So glad Dr. Ben Carson sticks with POTUS, cleaning up HUD, which was terribly corrupted by 44.

• Dad's son says:

I remember, as well, Jeb’s look as he passed Dr. Carson. Not too read too much into a moment of surprise, but I remember how it came across to me as “Tough s^^^, you dummy!” I was really embarrassed for Dr. Carson at that point, and then when Donald Trump stopped, I had a quick weird thought that somehow Trump and Carson were going to walk out together to ,make some statement, like a VP announcement or something. It really was a weird moment, but I did appreciate how Trump handled it.

• MMinLamesa says:

I too remember it well and if our scummy media were the least bit honest with themselves, they would quit with these claims of racism. But they aren’t and the can’t because they know, while it’s all lies, it’s the only thing they’ve got.

President Trump is solid and anyone with an ounce of integrity would be asking how come such a public figure for all of these decades was never once labeled a racist?

• meow4me2 says:

I DO remember that instance and cite it when asked why I support the man or if needed to defend him against scurrilous claims.

2. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Great stuff. Thanks, Sundance.

Dr. Carson is a fantastic ally. He is calm and soft-spoken, but he doesn’t suffer fools gladly and will not allow POTUS to be unfairly smeared.

POTUS showed everything that day when he waited for Dr Carson. Class.

• Garrison Hall says:

I think Dr. Carson appreciated the fact that CTH noticed. It’s moments like that where a person’s true character shows. It was also telling that NOT ONE other Republican candidate had the presence of mind to simply stand by Dr. Carson until things got sorted out. I grew up in the racist South and despised racism. I’ve never know a racist who would have shown that kind of kindness to a Black man. I’m not telling anyone here anything new when I say that it is the members of “the squad” who are the real racists.
      After the 2020 election of president Trump, I’m supporting Dr. Carson for president.

• vikingmom says:

If the media would give one quarter of the attention to people like Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Hermain Cain, and Star Parker as they did to the “Squad” our country would turn itself around in no time!! Classy people with great insight, wisdom, and compassion!!

3. Q&A says:

Two great men of accomplishment.

Neither of them needed to go into politics, yet they sacrificed an easy life to help make our country better.

4. auscitizenmom says:

I was never impressed with Donald Trump. I saw him as a handsome, arrogant, wealthy person from NYC. So, I wasn’t sure what to think of him as a candidate for President. But, it was that exact moment when he stood with Dr. Carson that I saw his true character and made up my mind that he had my vote, no matter what. And, I have never looked back.

• bertdilbert says:

If it was not for Sundance, I would not have paid Trump any attention. Trump would have been an instant eye roll. But Sundance is really smart at this kind of stuff, so I dug. After Clinton, Bush and Obama, What do you have to loose?

• auscitizenmom says:

I know just what you mean.

• mugzey302 says:

More importantly ~ look at the alternative (the witch). We needed a tough negotiator and someone not afraid of the fight. God blessed us with Mr. Trump as a candidate.

• Rhoda R says:

This was the first election in a long time that I wasn’t voting against someone. I didn’t think much of Trump at first but then discovered that, like Gen. Grant, “This man fights!” He took on the media without hesitation or fear. The incident with Dr. Carson just cemented it for me.

• The Boss says:

I was sold when he announced. What still sticks in my mind to this day? When he said that as a country “We cannot afford political correctness”. No politician had ever uttered something so true. I volunteered the next day. (And I still consider him a businessman).

• Orygun says:

I thought two people had a chance to stop Hillary and that was Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. After I watched the first rally I was sold on Trump and the Cruz supporters were as rabid and nasty as the Hillary supporters which was a turn off.
        I initially thought Trump had the best chance because of name recognition and he simply had the bucks to do it without selling himself.
        I still have reservations about Cruz because of what he did at the convention. Nearly everyone in the Senate is corrupt when you consider they wouldn’t give him recess appointments. The only two people that seemed sincere were Donald Trump and Ben Carson.

• Payday. says:

Like!

Interesting perspective. I thought the Trump supports (on Breitbart particularly) were the most obnoxious. I didn’t have a particular distaste for Donald Trump. So I didn’t partake in the nastiness.

• Payday says:

Maaan! I really hesitate saying this as I understand the feelings of this forum. It’s a deep secret I’ve held since PDT was elected. It was then that I found this site.

I am a died in the wool conservative. I was so frustrated with this country that 2016 was the first time I ever became a campaign volunteer, I did so for Ted Cruz. He was the first Senator I ever saw stand on the Senate floor and call out the Turtle and the RINOs. He was persona non grata in the GOP after that. Donald Trump seemed interesting at the time, but i believed Cruz was the real deal.

I was pretty despondent when Cruz dropped out. I stepped away for a month and didn’t follow any news. I regret not being more focused on the convention.

Anyway, about 3 weeks before the election I came out of my funk and decided to start watching trumps rallies. I knew it was either him or “agast” Schillary. I then realized, he was saying everything I always wanted to hear and it excited me.

My lingering concern was, is he for real? He was a a NYC democrat turned Republican.

Then I voted for him. And everything he’s done since has simply amazed me. I’ve been MAGA ever since. And to PDT’s credit. He was the one to convinced me. Just prior to my discovering CTH.

True confessions.

• auscitizenmom says:

Glad you joined us. I heard what he was saying, too, and it sounded good. But, I didn’t believe he even might do it until that incident with Ben Carson. I felt he was a caring, compassionate, kind person at that point and that there was more to him than we knew.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I was never a fan of Donald Trump as I didn’t care for anyone related to Hollywood. Hubbie respected DJTrump as a businessman, because hubbie was one, too.

I was actually going to, for the first time in my voter life, sit out this election. Carson and Huckabee were two I trusted but I could not see them being strong, and stronger, leaders to withstand the evil Opposition.and the despicable Clinton thugs.

Then Candidate Trump announced his candidacy and said that magic word “WALL” is what got me behind him in an instant. And I never looked back. All the other issues plaguing America that Candidate Trump talked about were bonuses for us. To this day I have zero regret and have come to love and respect President Trump as Hubbie has.

Two months later I ran into the trunk of TCTH and found our family Treepers and their leader, Sundance, playing among the branches and the leaves. Sundance’s articles were in exact line with our line of thinking. Thanks to all you Treepers we lost the loneliness as both our families were anti-Trump.

Every time I see Sec Carson, I think of what President Trump did for him,,,,he stood by his friend and help Ben lose the awkwardness. We all in the Treehouse will never forget that defining moment…..The Real American Patriots who look out for their fellow American Patriots, just like our fathers/parents did during WW2 and back to Revolutionary War era.

Thank you everyone, esp Sundance. You saved our sanity the day we found you.

(This was posted on Sunday 7-21-19 at 4:55pmET)

• snellvillebob says:

I picked him out of the 17 or so candidates because he was NOT a part of the Congressional Crime Cartel, had a clear chance and was saying the right things.

• Since we’re going down Memory Lane, I remember my sister describing the latest Apprentice on our frequent calls. She loved Trump while I was pretty much turned off by his braggadocio. Out of curiosity I watched the escalator announcement (seeing Melania and Ivanka for the first time) and the first Trump Rally. Fascinated, I was getting used to Trump and certainly approved of what he said. Next, I listened to MSM, even then, all lies and distortions. Hopped on the Trump Train then and there!

• auscitizenmom says:

I approved what he said when he came down the escalator, but I just wasn’t ready to commit until I saw his heart.

5. Bob Parker says:

Once again SD, thank you for brining this back to light.

You know, words are just that: words. The ACTIONS that we take are the REALITITES that simply cannot be denied or overlooked with mountains of words.

And although we are all exposed to those mountains of words, we also have the REALITIES of President Trump’s ACTIONS that show his leadership and compassion to & for ALL!!

6. Treehugger says:

I remember that – thanks for the flashack

7. Boknows says:

It is the media in this country which must be crushed. They create division in a pathetic attempt to drive ratings and serve their puppet masters.

NOTHING President Trump has said has been racist in any way.
    It has been the congresswoman who have said racist and hateful things about Jewish people, Christians and other citizens.

Yet the media does not turn their curiosity toward them. They stay silent about all that is wrong with mentally and emotionally disturbing statements that now define an entire political party.

Instead the media doubles down on lying about this asking questions to the president and about the president regarding race, trying to portray him as something he he not.

Have they not seen his relationship with the African American community? Have they not seen the employment numbers of minorities?

In a normal world this would never be an issue, and the 4 who have been running their mouth would have shamed.

The media is the problem for promoting and defending racist democrats.

President Trump is the best President of our lifetime. Liars in the media and Democrap Party cannot beat him. The harder they try, the harder thet fall.

May God grant earthly justice to them all.

• Mom4Trump2020 says:

You know how they break apart big monopolies? Why doesn’t that happen with this propagandist media?? Will someone tell me?

• Rhoda R says:

Because, in theory, the media isn’t monopolistic. However, they DO conspire. I know that it is illegal for business to conspire to set prices but I don’t know if it’s illegal for them to conspire to shape the news.

• Dutchman says:

Yes, another loophole. They aren’t price fixing, they are PRODUCT fixing; colluding/conspiring to produce the same product, so effectively there is no competition.

As Dr. Carson pointed out, they are the only industry with Constitutional protections. And obviously they are NOT living up to the concommittant responsibilities.

Perhaps the FCC, if they weren’t toothless, could rein them in.

5-6 networks for market share of 150 million Americans, while NOBODY is producing product for the other 150 million Americans.

Any company that,seriously went after the,Deplorables market, would have it all to themselves!

Forget ideology, simply from a pure business standpoint, its insane!
          What would you rather do; fight with 5 competitors, for 1/6th of a market, comprised of 1/2 the population of the U.S., or produce programming that appeals to the other 1/2 of the U.S. population, that now has NOTHING.

IT MAKES NO SENSE, but there ya go!

• Had Roger Ailes not been smeared and forced out at Fox, then passed away soon after, I believe he would’ve been successful in setting up a new Conservative network with and for the Trump Administration. It is a real shame no one else is able and willing to do so.

• Dutchman says:

I’m thinking after 2024, “TrumpTelevision”, or even TrumpMedia. Saw early video, said he wanted to make movies, it was his,first aspiration.
              He has the $, name recognition and following.
              Conservative, truly balanced news, wholesome entertainment whole gamily can watch, without parents having to send kids away, or answer questions. Not shoving liberal ‘alternative lifestyle choices’down our throats, or presenting distorted versions of history as real, etc.

Could be a real winner.

• TwoLaine says:

AMEN

8. ristvan says:

Both Maria and Dr. Carson make the point that the Squad does not know the first rule of holes:
    When in a hole wanting out, first stop digging.

• So true ristvan. For those foolish enough to continue digging I always offer them a bigger shovel.

• fractionalexponent says:

Reminds me of Yogi Berra…

“When you get to the bottom of the hole, quit digging.”

“When you come to the fork in the road, take it.”

Ristvan, you, Sundance, Ad Rem, & Trump are members of the Intuit tribe. ( & Yogi )

& Mark Twain…”Imagine you’re a member of Congress…imagine you’re sn imbecile…but then…”

• railer says:

Rashida Talib was on Fox 2 Detroit this morning, and somebody musta got to her. She was all smiles and kittens. I think the Swamp knows The Squad is killing them and sending Trump to a landslide reelection, and they’re desperately trying to muzzle them.

• mugzey302 says:

Maybe she only acts that way on her “home court”?

• Garrison Hall says:

Fortunately, that ain’t gonna work with anybody but the progressive-fascist base. Once you ring a bell you can’t un-ring it. Talib is, like all the members of The Squad, a crisis actor who is good at reading prepared lines written for her by others. We’re on to her now and so is the president. It’s kinda fun watchin Trump play her and her crisis actor cohorts like a fiddle..

• I Hear You Now says:

Taqiyya

• john good says:

Taqiyya! If I remember correctly, this is an Arabic Term for “saving face” & is a very popular thing to do there at home in the Middle East!
          I learned this term from reading an article about some US Diplomat(?) to the Middle East who was being praised for his understanding of the way life works in the Middle East. Reason he was successful was that he understood that the Muslims in the Arab Countries need to be able to appear to “save face” when they are wrong in something & if you allow them to do so, you will be considered “more of a friend?” than before & maybe they will spare you the next time they deploy “suicide-bombers”!

• Dutchman says:

“How do you muzzle a muzzie?”
        GOT to be a joke in there, somewhere!

• donna kovacevic says:

That woman Rashida Talib could smile and be kind from now on,but to me she is a low scum bag and can go to hell, after what she said about PDJT right in front of her son and other people. Disgusting pos she sure made her presence known that day. Govno and a big stinky one at that. I adore Dr Carson a smart, kind man. God Bless Dr. Carson and PDJT.

• CirclinTheDrain says:

Your mistake is assuming they know they’re in a hole. I don’t believe they think so. They are narcissistic and arrogant enough to presume “the majority” are with them.

9. SD, thanks for the reminder of PDJT’s humble action. Takes a humble man to stand aside and support another in facing an embarrassing situation.

One of many times where PDJT has given of himself to support those that need it.

• auscitizenmom says:

And, especially to support a man who is his competitor.

• steph_gray says:

I believe he knew well that Dr. Carson and he were merely temporary competitors and had the bests interests of America truly at heart – unlike most others in that field at the time.

And the bottom line is – President Trump is simply an extremely kind and generous human being – with a great upbringing as to manners and decency!

10. NJF says:

I saw this earlier, and was so happy when Dr. Cason recounted this story.

11. chickenhawk says:

Not having television, I never saw that before. That’s our man. VSGPOTUSDJT
    Love him!

12. alliwantissometruth says:

The Enemy of the People “Media” have turned dislike and disapprove into “racism” on our side

If you dislike a person because they’re low class, vulgar and a lie spewing ignorant nitwit, it’s because of the color of their skin, not the individual’s merit. It’s always racism and hate

If you disapprove of someones opinion or policy idea’s, it’s because of that persons skin color, not what they’re espousing. It’s always racism and hate

Their sides actual racism and hate is never racism and hate. It’s speaking truth. It’s fighting the oppressors. It’s telling it like it is

And the brainwashed lemmings nod their empty heads in agreement

13. TwoLaine says:

I think of that special time every time I see Ben, which has luckily been quite a few times as of late. It’s been very good lately to see him get out and about to talk about some of the great accomplishments of his department, and he is just getting started.

I knew he would be hired by President TRUMP as well. He’s a good man, and I know TRUMP knew his full measure. He is very good at quickly sizing people up, and he could see Ben’s love for his country and its people.

I also well remember Ben’s courage at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast.

Then The Kenyan said this:

• CM-TX says:

Nobama No doubt, was clinching his fists under the table. It must’ve sucked to sit there & listen to Ben gently highlight everything wrong with Nobama’s agenda & “legacy”.

Quite the contrast between the two. Dr. Carson was taught to be self-reliant, & to NOT play the eternal victim. That despite all the odds against him, he managed REAL success thru hard work & perseverance. Ben didn’t depend on others to prop him up, nor allow himself to become obligated in doing other’s bidding. BC is genuine, & a man who sticks to his principles. That other guy is a certified conman, living a life built on lies & deceit of others

Poor Keebler Elf, he looked mostly confused t/o!

• TwoLaine says:

Isn’t it amazing that two men could be so vastly different. The one with privilege actually has achieved/accomplished much less than the one who didn’t grow up privileged.

14. bessie2003 says:

The last video, the last point she listed right before the break:

“Remember, revenge can be good”!

That’s our President! He’s got this!

15. mopar2016 says:

Dr. Carson is an amazing person, he knows how to handle the leftists.
    He’s in the process of evicting illegal aliens from public housing, that’s the law.
    The dems make their usual hypocritical case of “what about the children”.
    What about American children on that waiting list? They need housing too.

16. amwick says:

I heard this on my new blue tooth earphones… It was awesome.. I was dusting and vacuuming with the tv off, but the dvr on.. and heard every word… Ty Dr. Carson.. it was great.

17. WVPatriot says:

I will never forget that sequence in time. Dr. Carson and President Trump are men of great character!

TWO private citizens in the political arena — historical.

18. cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

See, this is what God saw him.
    The measure of a soul!

19. Right to reply says:

Doctor Carson and POTUS have been friends for many, many years. If you go back through D.J.Trumps Facebook history photos you will see their families together at Palm Beach right back when POTUS first joined Facebook

20. deepdivemaga says:

The last 30 seconds of the last video you posted…

Trump Traits.. the last trait they highlighted about Trump and why he has been so successful:

“Revenge can be good”

Gives me hope that one day we may see true justice under this President!

21. The Far Side says:

Young bull: “Let’s run out there and “get” us a cow.”
    Old bull: “No. Let’s walk out there and “get” ’em all.”

22. There are MANY instances of VSGPDJT acting graciously. I warmly recall the time his limo broke down on the side of the highway and a regular guy- a good Samaritan stopped and offered to help. Later the gentleman got a letter in the mail form his mortgage company. Trump had paid off the man’s house!!
    One measure of a man’s character is how he treats those who can’t do anything for him- the waiter, the guy who picks up your trash, the guy who cuts your grass, the little lady at the front desk in the company lobby. How you treat the little ones God loves so dearly speaks volumes about one’s character. Trump has fantastic character- he’s a man’s man and has a servant’s heart.

God bless you President Trump. You are an inspiration to me.

• Attorney at Law says:

Phenomenal comment.

• Corticram says:

I also loved the time Trump touched the cheek of a veteran who had lost his arms. His compassion was instinctive.

• RyderLee says:

Right There in Your Comment , Massivedeplorable , You Said it ALL !
      God Bless Our President Trump AND Dr Ben Carson .

• yucki says:

This might be a dead link:

RARE PHOTO: Trump’s Father donated land for a Cheder

“A rare picture has surfaced in the last few days of Frederick Christ Trump, father of the President-elect, having donated land for a “cheder” [religious primary school] in Flatbush in Brooklyn, New York.

“Kikar Shabbat has recently released a rare photograph showing Fred Trump, father of United States President-elect Donald Trump, who donated land that he owned for the establishment of a Talmud Torah (cheder) in Flatbush, New York.

“Trump donated the land for the Talmud Torah of Beach Haven Jewish Center and according to estimates the photo was taken almost fifty years ago. KiKar Shabbat also reported that Donald Trump was among the biggest donors of the Ruzhin-Boyan hassidic movement in Jerusalem.”

23. desperatelyseekingmelania says:

There is a way that Democrats can come out the winners in this “Trump is a racist” narrative. And that is to moderate themselves for the next 15 months. Stop talking about open borders and socialism for that period of time. Talk only about race and the evil racist in the White House. MSM plays along. You know how good Democrats are at toeing the party line. This strategy gets even better with Biden as the nominee (assuming he can remain upright and coherent).

I don’t think they have it in themselves to do that, but it’s at least hypothetically plausible. It’s what we’ve seen for the last few days.

24. freespeechfanatic says:

Also shows you the paltry, self-centered characters of the others.

25. Rairdog says:

I have often thought the “Carson incident” was staged by President Trump and Ben Carson. Especially when you consider they have been friends for a while. This was after I had watched his rally’s and press conferences from the beginning of his campaign.

I stream EVERYTHING and never watch news so I got the full story right from RSBN or other sources. When he made the speech about the illegals being rapist etc…I tilted my head in shame. Then I quickly figured out his strategy…or tried to any way. I was never exposed to the media bias and spin. He could not possibly be right on all these issues and constantly win without having a plan IMO. His mind has always worked that way in treating business, press and others as opponents. I think it just comes naturally from years of experience.

Believe it or not my college professors warned us in 90-91 about the downfall due to NAFTA and being over run with immigration killing our jobs. This was the same year Subaru-Isuzu was building a new factory. The town was excited for new jobs. My professor told us they will bring in most of their own contractors and send the profits home slowly draining us. He explained we do not have a single construction company in Japan and we sell very little cars there due to tariffs and regulations.

Needless to say I was on the train from the get go. All he talked about was hitting me exactly as it was laid out by my professors and what I had seen happen to our country.

26. Somebody's Gramma says:

How is it that we women allowed the Jihad Squad and the likes of Pelosi and Waters to be our “leaders”?? They represent nothing that regular women in this country stand for. It’s a sad and embarrassing time for women. You don’t hire, promote, or vote for, an incompetent person, male or female. Most women get it that Killary is more evil than she is capable, or should I say capably evil, which is why she is NOT president. I listened to Jordan B Peterson this morning and was fascinated by some of the things he said about our culture wars; women being their worst selves and men being their worst selves (my rephrasing of it). It’s really a sad time in our culture and I hope my grandchildren survive it. Fortunately their parents are doing a great job and no one is confused about their moral duty, free expression, and who they are. I love Trump and I love Ben Carson.

• donna kovacevic says:

I adore, respect and love Dr. Jordan B Peterson, am proud that he is a Canadian. He is well respected here in Canada, and am sure anyone that has listened to him thinks the same.

• Gramma;
      We get the Clod Squad, Nadler, Maxine Witless, etc. etc. because the sanctity of the vote has been diluted into a “right” rather than a privilege. Too many people vote themselves goodies from the treasury. Mostly it’s the non-producing class who pay zero into the system while demanding more and more from it.

The vote was considered one of the highest privileges of a Citizen in the New Republic. Originally it was reserved to white, male landowners. That won’t work today as many non-male and non-whites pay into the system and are indeed valuable contributors to it. What WOULD work however is this: If you get a benefit check from the giverment yippie for you- but you can’t vote. In just one generation there would be such a house cleaning it would be dizzying.

27. I entered the construction world at 14 working for my father. He measured everything to the 1/16″ and if he bought 2-1/2 # of finishing nails I better not need 3 LOL.

*Construction is like a bare knuckle fist fight. If you can’t hack it stay away.
    (I got out. Prefer service work where personal relationships are very important)

I hear snowflakes claiming DJT cheats his subs. I don’t believe it for a second. Word gets around really fast and your RFQ’s/RFP’s go unanswered. DJT is a turnaround artist with a positive win/loss record. Wouldn’t be possible if no one will deal with him.

*I’m sure there were those penalized for nonperformance. That is NOT cheating.

His treatment of Ben Carlson proved to me he was a thoughtful person.

I was confident the day he announced he was going to win. Told my wife this is a man who gets things done! One can only imagine if he wasn’t fighting congress along with the world what he could accomplish.

First time in 60+ yr I volunteered and worked for a political campaign.

28. Invisigoth says:

How many Hispanics work in construction vs blacks? Hispanics are driving house flipping, which is why Mexico is ranked fifth in foreign investors in our housing market behind China, Canada, Russia and the UK. Dr. Carson is right to point out that the earlier housing market crash disproportionately affected blacks, who were fleeced by predatory lenders. I think the Trump Administration is doing a fantastic job correcting the new housing bubble.

29. Yippeekiyay says:

President Trump and Ben Carson are both gentlemen. They are excellent examples, something we need a lot more of.

30. Peoria Jones says:

Maria:  “We just saw housing numbers which showed that home ownership in the Black community is now at an all-time low, while Hispanics are actually driving the housing market, increasing numbers in terms of home ownership.”

Dr. Carson didn’t directly address the disparity, but I’m with Maria:

“I just found it interesting that Hispanics are doing so well, and you’re seeing such a difference in terms of the Black community.”

31. MfM says:

What Trump did at that February debate made it easier for me to convince people to vote for him.

Maybe Trump knew the cameras were running, but he knew the audience couldn’t see him. Trump walked slowly touch Carson’s arm and spoke to him. I believe those 4-5 steps decided Trump on his actions.

ABC really screwed up. Poor Kasich got forgotten also, and what Trump did overshadowed him.

• Great White Snark says:

Poor Kasich? He should have been completely forgotten.
      He subsequently proved what a sore loser and complete a$$clown
      he really was.

32. Troublemaker10 says:

There were several things during the campaign season that stayed with me. The debate where Trump stayed back with Carson was one, for sure.

The one that brought tears to my eyes though, was the one where he was signing the Angel Mom posters after a campaign event was over, and kissed the photos on each poster before he gave them back to the Angel Moms .

The fun one was the toddler Trump held on stage and when he asked the little boy if he wanted to go back to Mommy or stay with Trump, and he said “Trump”. Still makes me laugh.

33. Troublemaker10 says:

34. jeans2nd says:

The very best part, imo, was when Mr Trump deliberately turned and cracked Jeb! as Jeb! tried to walk past.
    Jeb! never even looked at Dr Carson. Mr Trump made certain Jeb! knew who was standing there as Jeb! stumbled past the two men.
    How could anyone just not love the guy after that?

Have never forgotten that moment. That moment was when two Carson supporters – Wicked Son and DIL – became die-hard Trump supporters. And I did not have to do a thing; Mr Trump did it all by himself.

35. Truthfilter says:

I remember it well. It was a considerate and gentlemanly thing to do.

36. MfM says:

The other thing that Trump did was not come out immediately after Carson, even though his name was called. He let Ben get his applause, then when his name was called again came out.

37. SGH says:

Late to the party, but I love Dr. Carson! He was my 2nd choice.
    I didn’t see the elevator thing, but when my Dad said Trump is running, that was my vote. My Dad’s a businessman and had said for more years than I can count that we needed a businessman running the country.
    I’ve never paid attention to politics before, (outside of 2012, voting for the guy who needed “likeability training;” whom I hope asked for a refund, but that could have been an absolute success, thinking back…ick), but in summer 2015 caught a Trump Town Hall thing that was hilarious. He was saying, “Honey… Darling…,” as he addressed female questioners. I was cracking up! Asking my Mom if this was normal…?!
    She said, “Nothing about this is normal!” Lol!
    Trump rallies disrupted normal life for a while. I couldn’t get my kid to bed on time because President Trump was having a party on t.v. She was fine with that, but kept asking if he won because I referred to him as President Trump!
    I’ve missed some rallies so far, but can’t wait to be glued again!
    It’s both a terrible & great time to be alive!