Happy Independence Day America – A Roughnecks View of “Independence”….

Back in 2015 I explained why CTH would support Donald J Trump, and what the statement: “Make America Great Again”, really meant from my perspective.  Not only has Donald Trump been a President true to his word, he has far exceeded our expectations.

America, our America, is greatest -most blessed- nation on the face of the earth; and every person within her borders is lucky.   I make no apologies for my patriotism and neither does United States President, Donald J Trump.   American independence is a swagger:

President Trump proudly says: “We will Make America Great Again”, and when I hear that, I hear someone who gives a damn about America.  Actually, physically, purposefully and intently ‘gives-a-damn’ without the hint of apology for it.  And that is buckets more valuable to me than a perfected highly-rehearsed set of 30 second sound bites and think-tank policy.

You see, from my perspective any average hard-working American could eat every one of DC’s political elites’ lunches, all of them; and if they want to go down the intellectual superiority path… well, where it really matters, intellectualism is useless.

• Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International W. Edwards Deming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering quality and efficiency superiority. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen.  Nope, they did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.

Because they lost the award, the Japanese team spent six months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY….

• When every Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take five to ten years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaiti’s and Saudi’s called Texans; we had them all capped and back in working order in ten months.

We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

• When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved every one of them….

That’s our America.

• When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his imaginary virgins began opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.

Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us.  That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre.  Yet for the better part of the past decade a group of intellectual something-or-others have been teaching an insufferable narrative that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.

Enough.

When I hear Donald Trump say “Let’s Make America Great Again”, I also hear the familiar echo “cowboy up” people.

It’s high time we stop being embarrassed about our exceptional nature, and start being proud of it again.   Because when it matters most, when it really counts, when it’s really needed, there’s a whole bunch of people all around this world of ours that are mighty happy when swagger walks in to solve their problems.

Yeah, “let’s make America great again”.  Swagger on !

Happy Independence Day !!

This entry was posted in Big Government, Celebrations, Donald Trump, energy, Military, Patriotism, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to Happy Independence Day America – A Roughnecks View of “Independence”….

1. sharon goodson says:

Ahead of Trump’s planned July 4 military parade, several dozen Imperial walkers began to arrive in Washington throughout the week. Some light Antifa resistance attempted to milkshake the walkers but were crushed.

2. sundance says:

3. cheering4america says:

And we are SOOOO lucky to have you Sundance! Thank you again and again.

Happy Independence Day to you and to America! The REAL America!

4. Doc Moore says:

We are a nation that knows how to get shit done. And for the past 2.5 years, against the Democrat’s attempt to destroy our nation and ruin EVERY single good thing we propose, Trump has led us forward and gotten more vital stuff done since election than any modern President has done in 8 years of senseless political blabber. JUST imagine what this nation could be IF the Democrat party were not our fundamental and most viciously determined enemy.

5. Becky Pacey says:

God Bless America and God Bless President Donald J. Trump.

6. auscitizenmom says:

Reading this made me smile…………..really big.

• jbt says:

Sundance rocks!!
      “And his eyes grow kind of misty and his heart begins to glow…”

• JC says:

Me, too, auscitizenmom. In fact, I laughed right out loud when I saw that wonderful and favorite gif of our beloved President swaggering to the front of the pack… and I’m sitting in my car… with the windows open. 🤓

Happy Independence Day, everybody, and God bless our fearless, bad-ass President as he swaggers to victory in 2020. 🗽🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🗽

7. getfitnow says:

Jason Stanley of Plant City, Florida said he used 15 gallons of paint to create a massive American flag display on his lawn (Fox 32).

8. FL_GUY says:

The United States of America, the GREATEST country on Earth! No brag, just FACT!

• Stop5G, Trump says:

…No Brag, Just SWAG !

(There, I fixed it for you. As a fellow native gator, I’m sure you won’t mind.) 😉

=====

Great read w/ inspiring historical reminders. Loved the OK Oil & Gas video, wow. Whichever “ad man” wrote that deserves to be CEO! And the Trump “cowboy up” hat pic was always one of my faves. And the D-Day Proclamation, lol, I forgot about POTUS signing it AT THE TOP! Too funny! Trump really is “MR. COOL”! 😀 The “stuffed shirts” don’t know what to do with him!

9. mikeyboo says:

“if they want to go down the intellectual superiority path… well, where it really matters, intellectualism is useless.”
    AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

10. Spectre says:

Well said, SD. Thanks for all your posts.

11. walt says:

Swagger!

12. vikingmom says:

I will take my first generation American husband, who “only” has a high school diploma but has spent the last 30 years as a firefighter over any intellectual pantywaist, who can explain in nauseating terms, just how “brilliant” they are…until the sh*t hits the fan and then they call 911 and wait for someone like my husband to show up and deal with their mess!

(And no, I am not ranking on people who legitimately need to call 911…that is why it is there but it is kinda funny to see how quickly the intellectuals fold whenever things don’t go their way!)

• Betty says:

Your comment somehow connected in my mind (not my hippocampus) to a composite picture I saw somewhere. I tried to find it to show to my son yesterday so I know I can’t find it for you – but I can describe it:
      There the three separate pictures along the top: Clinton, Bush, and Obama. They were all dressed up like bad asses and standing in the bunker on the DMZ peering into NK through huge scary binoculars.

The one image on the bottom was of President Trump in his usual business suit walking back across the border with Chairman Kim at his side and both were smiling.

It is iconic.

This post makes me so happy, I am so proud of President Trump and Oklahoma. We are truly privileged Americans to be living and engaging in these times.

No more of the Globalist/Uni-Party’s soul deadening “managed decline” for America – To Infinity And Beyond !

• 1stgoblyn says:

Yes! I saw that on FB yesterday. Showing how VSPGPDJT ‘does it’ and opposed to how the 3 stooges ‘do it.’ L’d OL at that one, I did. Bwahahahaha.

• Amy2 says:

Thank your husband for his service! And thank you for supporting him. ‘Much appreciated!

13. tageweb says:

SD, this article of yours brought Proud Tears to my eyes! Thank You!

• LafnH20 says:

And mine, tageweb!!

Starfish Boy… Clearing beaches from “Sea to Shining Sea!!”
      🎩
      🇺🇸🇺🇸✌🇺🇸🇺🇸

One day, an old man was walking along a beach that was littered with thousands of starfish that had been washed ashore by the high tide. As he walked he came upon a young boy who was eagerly throwing the starfish back into the ocean, one by one.

Puzzled, the man looked at the boy and asked what he was doing. Without looking up from his task, the boy simply replied, “I’m saving these starfish, Sir”.

The old man chuckled aloud, “Son, there are thousands of starfish and only one of you. What difference can you make?”

The boy picked up a starfish, gently tossed it into the water and turning to the man, said, “I made a difference to that one!”

Sundance, Words, could never describe the difference, You, and all those behind the scenes, who so often go unmentioned, have made in my life!!

BEST, I’ve EVER Seen!!

THIS… I can tell you!!

Thank You, ALL!!!

14. Jeff P. says:

SWAGGER ON YA’LL!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!
    THANKS TO ALL CTH STAFF!!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
    MAGA/KAG2020!!!
    I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

15. simicharmed says:

That was a GREAT article to read (like so may other here at the Last Refuge)!

I immediately wanted to click a “Like” button. SO here it is –

LIKE!

16. StanH says:

The left attacking the 4th of July is, dumb!

17. Joe Blow says:

Happy 4th, all you beautiful patriots! May God continue to bless us richly.

18. mr.piddles says:

“That’s just how we roll.”

This one always gets me. Gettin’ a little dusty in here. Might need to Swiffer or somethin’…

• czarowniczy says:

Remember when the MSM stopped showing video of the people jumping from the burning WTC because they said it ‘upset the public’ and might ‘inflame the public’s opinion against Islam in general’?

Remember when 911 was THE issue in the hearts and minds of the public and now, through the manipulations of the MSM sand the Left it’s now a distant and largely irrelevant event?

Remember how, after 911, most cars had clip-on flags flying from them – now illegals complaining because the free aid isn’t coming fast enough or in quantities they consider themselves entitled to can rip down and burn up American flags and Americans either ignore or cheer it?

Strange times we live in, Wonder what would happen today were another 911-like event to occur?

• Judith says:

911 gave us the Patriot Act. In other words, their effusive, patriotic displays were only an act, a sleight of hand to remove our Constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizure, while we were all busy waving the flag.

It would follow that the next false flag event to usher in their New World Order will serve to remove another Constitutional right. My guess would be our right to bear arms against their tyranny.

• czarowniczy says:

The opportunists jumped on 911 as the perfect open door to push the Patriot Act through – even named it perfectly to ease its insertion.

The process of crushing America’s privacy had begun years before. We’d worked out ways of secretly turning on an individual’s cell phone and listening in in the 90s – for use against criminals only, you understand.

As time went by I’d see projects to turn on, agai secretly, every electronic device you had connected to the internet. Your computer, laptop, smart phones, home entertainment/game centers, you name it and software apps to activate their mics and cameras were built. Now the power of the system has been turned on your automobile, the government has the ability to tap into your car’s computer and take control – never mind the bluetooth connection between your phone and the modem in your car that allows hands-free communication. Your car’s control (steering, breaking, turning, ignition on/off, acceleration…) can all be taken out of your control and put into the hands of someone else. That was a classified program until a major magazine broke it about 4 years ago.

Then again people have so lost the desire for privacy they voluntarily brought into their homes security systems with, of all things, security cameras and mics inside of their homes. Now anyone from the DC intel/LEA to some nerd in his parent’s basement can have full access to every corner of your personal life, and don’t get me started on those voice-operated personal assistant systems like Alexa.

19. boomerbeth says:

TRUMP ANTI SWAMP Parade LIVE IN THE DISTRICT OF CORRUPTION.

CAN SLIDE TO BEGINNING WITH CURSOR

• czarowniczy says:

Not really seeing it but I hope this tradition in DC carries on. I’m old enough to remember when you used to have military parades on the 4th but then along came Vietnam and the MSM’s relentless ‘military as baby killers’ dialogue. Sorta ended that except for smaller towns and cities.

Still confuses me how, to the MSM and progs, military as baby killers is so horrible while abortion doctors (‘first, do no harm’) are heroes????

20. MaineCoon says:

I am blessed and greateful to live in USA, a country founded on Christiran values and dedicated to God and I thank God that my President if a Christian and is honoring God in all his Presidential activities. God bless President Donald J. Trump!

21. mariner says:

Thank you Sundance and CTH.

God bless all of you.
    God bless President Trump and all those with/around him.
    God bless America!!

22. Stephen F. Paul says:

That’s the right attitude to have,thanks for putting that reminder up for all of us because we all need to be reminded. we get beat down day in and day out by the mainstream media and their minions at every level. These people have been trying to convince us everyday that the Majority of Americans is really the minority and the minority is the majority. It’s not a 50/50 type thing. I would guess its a 20 to 25%abnormal whack jobs to 75/80% normal everyday conservatives but with the media being used as their biggest tool they sometimes do a number on the mindset of the people. It’s a shame but it’s a constant battle with no rest. Thank GOD we have someone Like Trump who has the energy to fight that fight everyday.

23. Akindole says:

Bottom GIF…LMAO…Big Dawg on board.
    And, Hell Yeah, SD.

24. palafox says:

Love this.

25. mr.piddles says:

Greetings and Salutations from The Boston ‘Burbs! Happy Independence Day to ALL, and to ALL a Good Fourth!!!

This was my Wednesday evening. A little something I like to call… “Two Minutes of HELLLLLL
    YYEEAAAHHHH!!!!”.

Not my video, a bit low quality, but by the 3:00 mark you get the idea. The phone audio doesn’t do it justice, but you can imagine the sound of dozens of the big boomers going off simultaneously… deafening roar… :^)

26. Nigella says:

Happy 4th! So according to the weather channel it is pouring there right now in DC. Anyone there?

27. visage13 says:

Amazing, per usual, Sundance. Thank you this has always been my favorite holiday and I love what you wrote. We are ,after all, Wolverines!!!!!

28. Debra says:

It saddens me when smart people — who so want to trust their gut feeling/soul — end up being persuaded by someone to believe a falsehood due to ‘credentials’ that some think grant them supernatural powers . . .

Signed, a created equal, natural born citizen of these United States of America

29. DAVID A CRAIN says:

BOOMMMMM!!!!

30. Zippy says:

Last Friday:

More than 30 earthquakes hit Southern California town on Friday
    By Mary Stringini, FOX 11
    Posted May 31 2019 08:59AM PDT

GLEN AVON, Calif. (FOX 11) – A swarm of small earthquakes struck the Riverside County city of Glen Avon on Friday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

The quakes began shortly after midnight, at 12:21 a.m. with a 0.9 magnitude tremor, according to the Southern California Earthquake Data Center at the California Institute of Technology. It was recorded three miles north-northwest of Glen Avon at a depth of about 1.6 miles.

Today:

Significant earthquake rattles California, USGS says

A 6.4 magnitude earthquake rattled parts of Southern California and Nevada on Thursday morning.

The quake occurred about 7 miles outside Searless Valley, located about 130 miles east of Bakersfield and about 200 miles west of the Nevada border, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Swarms of smaller quakes occurred immediately after the 6.4 magnitude tremblor struck the region. Several people took to Twitter to report that the felt the shaking. However, there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage from the quakes.

———

TV news briefing by a quake prediction expert claims probability of more over the next week in a “quake sequence,” possibly greater than 6.4 magnitude with possibly one more today of magnitude 5.

• CM-TX says:

CNN is doing their damndest to make it out to be a CRISIS, while further doom is only imminent! They keep breathlessly highlighting the same clip of a house on fire- 2 hours & counting after being put out. They’re secretly hoping for a catastrophic after-shock, just so they can analyze it for at least a week.
      (Thankfully, someone else watching relayed this to me… so I didn’t have to watch.)

31. NJF says:

Well said Sundance. Today is a good reminder.

When I read this article this morning my first thought was, “ well damn that looks like good ‘ole fashion American ingenuity.”

And given there is no mention of the team’s hyphenated Americanism, I’m just gonna assume they’re bunch of “basic white guys/gals” who got it done!

32. sunnyflower5 says:

Amen!
    God Bless America 🇺🇸

33. M. B. Lamar says:

Happy Independence Day! May God bless and preserve our republic.

34. AMERICA – – love it or leave it.

35. The “shove everyone aside and move to the front Trump” is the best Trump!

36. Ron Jaeger says:

I am choked up and wiping tears now after reading this and all the GREAT comments today . Thank you one and all and I am so grateful for stumbling onto CTH . MAGA ON !!!!!

37. Lion2017 says:

Bravo Sundance! President Trump definitely has the swagger.
    Thank you for CTH and all of the Patriots who come here.
    Happy Independence Day! God Bless America🇺🇸

38. Bob Parker says:

SD- An outstanding, inspiring, & above-all a most Patriotic post!!

You stated, “We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.”

I would respectfully add, that we are a nation that don’t take no shit from NOBODY!!

I have learned so much from ALL of you. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, your opinions. & above-all your passion for this Blessed country!!

39. free73735 says:

This is even a greater msg today, after having 2 yrs with PTrump demonstrating the very words in Sundances message.

40. Katherine McCoun says:

Hell Yeah! and Yehaw!
    Get ‘er done!

My TN & KY pioneer roots relate to this post 100%! Americans have come up against the odds again and again and again. And we come out on top! ‘Merica, baby!

Teach our children this and never let them forget.

41. Jim Comey is a weasel_Doug says:

Pardon me but, that was F’in Epic!

42. StandTall says:

Love this one, Sundance! You are the best every. single. day! Thank you for all you do! 🇺🇸
    You ‘get’ the deep dark depth as well as the humor of the absurd.. Keep going. You are appreciated! 🇺🇸

43. EnoughIsEnough says:

A very successul, financially secure man ran for the highest office in the land. His family, personal life, and every connection he ever had would be viewed under a microscope. He most certainly did not need the tremendous disruption in his very comfortable life. Yet he stuck his neck out, and we must ensure that his sacrifice is not in vain. Thank you, POTUS. You have restored my faith by your selfless commitment to this great nation. Happy 4th of July to all patriots!

44. Yankee Doodle Dandy says:

This is my first comment, although I’ve been lurking on the outer limbs of the treehouse for about 3 years now. Like most Treepers, I visit this site 4-5 times a day and, as it has become nearly obligatory to do, I just want to give thanks and heave large amounts of praise on this place and the patriots who run it. Wiith the exception of our Lion, President Donald J Trump, nobody, nobody, waves our flag and all it represents, with more pride, with more honor or with more integrity, than the genius that is Sundance. Whoever you are, Sundance, just know you define what it is to be an American. I so hope you get to celebrate this wonderful day with warm cheeseburgers, cold beers and a beautiful fireworks display, wherever you reside on this shining city on a hill. God bless you, Sundance. God bless Donald Trump. And God bless this beautiful country.
    Happy Fourth of July, Treepers.
    Happy Birthday, Lady Liberty.

45. boomerbeth says:

MAYBE KID ROCK will open for POTUS.
    Lee Greenwood is on Ft Lauderdale Beach ( heat index 105°)

46. yojack454 says:

really enjoyed your perspective

47. July 4th is a great day to punch the DONATE button

48. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
    HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE! 😀

GOD BLESS THE USA, GOD BLESS TRUMP TWICE TOO!