Why Do I Support Donald Trump?….

donald trump smirk… because he says: “Make America Great Again”! And when Trump says that I hear:

Someone who gives a damn about America, without apology; which is more valuable to me than a perfected highly-rehearsed skill set of 30 second sound bites and white paper policy instructions.

From my perspective any average hard-working American could eat every one of these pinky ring candidates’ lunches, all of them; and if they want to go down the intellectual superiority path… well, that stuff is useless.

• Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International Edward Demming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering and efficiency superiority. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen. They did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.

Because they lost the award, the Japanese spent 6 months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY….

• When every single Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take 5 years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaiti’s and Saudi’s called Texans, who had them all capped and back in working order in 6 months.

We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

• When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved everyone of them….

That’s our America.

• When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his seven virgins, began opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.

Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us.  That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre.  Yet for the better part of the past decade a group of intellectual something-or-others have been teaching an insufferable storyline that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.

Enough.

It’s high time we stop being embarrassed about our exceptional nature, and start being proud of it again.   Because when it matters most, when it really counts, when it’s really needed, there’s a whole bunch of people all around this world of ours that are mighty happy when swagger walks in to solve their problems.

Yeah, “let’s make America great again”.  Swagger on !

Trump banner 2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

172 Responses to Why Do I Support Donald Trump?….

1. Lou says:

nice read SD. excellent writing.

2. ImpeachEmAll says:

Voter Support – You’ll Never Walk Alone, Mr. Trump.

3. ImpeachEmAll says:

Go BIG; or go home.
    All or nothing at all;
    and please be humble.

4. Perfect pitch, Sundance. As always. Thank you. I’m supporting Mr Trump because he remembers the same America I do & he obviously thinks it was as great as we remember it.

😀 There can be only one. (That’s you, Mr. Trump.)

5. jojo says:

That’s exactly why I like him. Other politicians can’t and won’t build a wall. TRUMP will build a big one that will be a tourist attraction and make money. He’s a CAN DO guy and that’s the AMERICAN SPIRIT that has been missing for decades. GO TRUMP DE-FUND THE GOP

6. Maquis says:

Wow. I needed that. The country needs that, the entire danged world needs US! The real US.

Well done.

7. sundaybu says:

Saddle up and cowboy up, y’all!

8. Whitney Tipton says:

Go Sundance! I couldn’t agree more. Tonight’s posting got me toddling out of bed (I usually read pretty late) to grab the laptop and chime in — a first on this site for a former lurker. This site has become a daily read for me and taught me a lot more about the internal GOP than any other site.

Trump had me at Hello — and it doesn’t have a rat’s ass about naming today’s ‘muhammad-du-jour’. He’s one of us. Sundance was quite eloquent, and I will only briefly add to it: I like Trump because I KNOW this guy (and don’t blather to me about war deferments) would pick up a rifle and stand shoulder-to-shoulder in real battle if need be. He’s doing this because he knows he has to — no one else is positioned like he is. I’m not saying Trump’s a saint (lol) but give him credit – he is answering a call and I am grateful. The attackers call him an egomaniac. I see an unabashed Patriot.

The GOP machine, idiot Fox pundits, and rino conservative friends keep repeating that Trump is vulgar, uncouth, detrimental to the party. etc. But they don’t get it — and i’ll make the analogy simple: Jeb may be the Mercedes Benz the GOP is impressed with — but when you gotta haul ass, a Pontiac GTO is what real conservatives want.

Keep up the great work!

Regards, Whitney T – Alexandria, VA (Hell yes Trump’s my guy – you want I should make that clear?)

• tappin52 says:

Whitney, you talk like you’ve got some New York in you!

• 2x4x8 says:

once you dive in the water is fine

I wanted to add control of candidates by use of Wall St – CoC bribe money, just like a Lap Dog, if you “sit” and “speak” the language the master wants, you get get the gourmet doggie treat

the problem is, as Law makers, they make laws favorable to Wall St and CoC, and unfavorable to Main St and Laborers, elections are the battlefield, there are clashes, and sometimes there are underdog wins like defeating Eric Cantor, now there is the chance to take out Boehner and elect President Trump, the inter net makes it easy to send links and organize, and get around the MSM

9. zephyrbreeze says:

When they needed a world-class pediatric brain surgeon, they called on Dr. Ben Carson. When they needed a world class hotelier, the world courted Mr. Donald Trump. No one, I repeat, no one except slimy creeps were courting Barack Obama. Here’s a fascinating article about what foreigners found surprising about the US.

10. Emphasis says:

I can’t say that I like Trump at this time though i would vote for him if he was the candidate of the Republican party with fingers crossed. However, i have not seen anyone ask him what would he do with his enterprises and other financial interests if he is elected as President of the US. Who would handle his personal affairs, and if during his tenure he finds that there is a conflict of interest or he can use crony capitalism to promote his financial interests what would he do?

11. cali says:

This post is in a nutshell what most immigrants find attractive about America – myself included. It is the ‘can do’ spirit that is or was infectious to those wanting to live in the US. It is also the reason which is desired by many non-americans.

The political establishment apparatus of both parties are similar to the Islamic propaganda apparatus: We all know that muslims – when interviewed by the English press – speak in doublespeak and are anything but honest while during interviews by the muslim/Arabic press – they speak in their own language and saying something contrary what they said in English. They always adjust their ‘words’ based on consumption whether its in English or in their own language.

So are the establishment politcians – while running for elections they are sweet talking their constituency and promising all but the moon yet – when elected and arriving in DC – they are back to their old deceptive self.
    They are liars just like their muslim counterparts!

Again – who cares whether Mr Trump knows the names – what he does know is that muslims adjust their speeches/words depending whom they speak with or to just like these establishment politicians.
    That is all that matters!

12. Irene Matthews says:

Sundance, you made my heart swell with pride and that hasn’t happened in a very long time.

13. CoastalKitty says:

Thunder hooves riding across the plains, hear them? It’s Trump and the followers behind him, and we’re coming. And we won’t be stopped, if you’re not scared – you should be! Trump 2016!

14. amjean says:

Your article made tears well up in my eyes. As one who has been around for quite a
    few presidential administrations and is also a political junky, I must say that I will vote for
    Trump no matter what. The choosing is over for me. Sometimes one just knows.

15. twocentsworth says:

Reading this posting after a night of Friday night football has my male hormones revved up! We will persevere through the current malaise and find the end zone again. The tougher the fight, the sweeter the victory. We deserve it.

16. georgiafl says:

Why I like Trump – no lies.

None of the media or leftists have caught him in a big fat Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Boehner, McConnell, McCain, PC, MSM style brazen lie. (so far)

17. redlegleader says:

Thank you, Sundance – I needed that! Now: let’s get to work!

18. wacojoe says:

There is no good explanation why a life-long Lefty like The Donald would inexplicably chose to identify as a Republican. He is playing us for fools. Single-payer! Are you kidding? What would this promoter do loosed in the white House?

• Good point. We need a different republican in the white house to they can give us single payer prescription drug coverage instead.

• 2x4x8 says:

wac-o-joe, most of the “utes” are young and foolish:

and that includes Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump, after many years of experience, they start to figure out, “WTF is going on”, some evangelicals may use the phrase “born again” as a light bulb awakening experience, if you followed the Kim Davis Kentucky case you can see she had ‘marriage problems” herself in the past, but now, she is taking a stand, won’t you stand with Trump against the Wall St forces that have wrecked our economy, exported our jobs and imported illegal criminals?

• wacojoe says:

My deepest suspicion is Trump is a knowing stalking-horse for and in league with the Clintons and who is playing the public fool in order to bias essential moderates away from the Republican brand and charge up hispanics in favor of Hillary to whom he has given big bucks and is in secret alliance. He is “taking one for the team.” Besides his long history of solidly liberal positions, donations and consorting with D’rat Poohbahs of all sorts, is the fact that he consulted with Bill on a widely reported telephone call immediately before announcing his run and is compelling evidence of his ruse.

The phone conversation intercepted by the NSA went like this after tee times were settled:
        The Donald – “So, Bill, what’s up?”
        Bill – “Not going so well, Don, they’re on to us and bad stuff is coming down the pipe. We need a break. I’ve got an idea.”
        TD – “Let’s hear it.”
        Bill – “First, you run for president.”
        TD – “As a Republican?”
        Bill – “Of course, Dufus, Hillary has the job in our party.”
        TD – “So how does that help us?”
        Bill – “Your job would be to cleave a schism in the Republicans and get the browns all hopped to go for Hillary.”
        TD – “Yeah, that should be easy with those morons. They’re spring-loaded to go for that deportation figment, but what do I say about all the lefty positions I have out there?”
        Bill – “Don’t worry, they’ll buy in that you have changed if you just tell them you thought about it for awhile. They are thick as bricks that way. McConnell has been convincing ’em he’s a Republican for years.”
        TD – “I think it will fly…you’re on, Baby, being a modern Rasputin or Svengali or somethin’ will be a kick. It’ll be fun punk’n the Rubes. We’ll talk about the split on the take after the swearing in, OK?”
        Bill – “Done. Just remember that when we say nasty things about you, it is with a wink.”
        TD – “Got it.”

Measure how many of his own million$ Trump throws into his campaign to judge his sincerity. To date he is out a few hundred K in travel fees and chump change for one or two consultants. When he starts showering his campaign with his own largesse against what he stands to gain from throwing the election for Hillary, then the calculus might change. Until he spends his own big bucks, he is just playing in front of the cameras.

His run is a cynical political ploy fit for people of Bill, Hillary & Donald’s ilk and for few others.

• wacojoe says:

Trump is against “Wall Street forces.” Really? Do you remember that he tried everyway he could to use local gooberment forces to envoke eminent domain powers to take private property to turn around and “sell” it to him to build a stinking casino (which he later took into bankruptcy)? That is how much he is against invasive government forces. He is a promoter for Trump. That is all he has ever been.

• tnwahm says:

Let’s see, I voted for Romney who gave us RomneyCare. If I thought that the ruling class Republicans really wanted to get rid of ObamaCare, I might actually be worried about Trump’s previous comments about single-payer. Life-long lefty. hmmmmm

19. thesitrep says:

While I was in the Corps I served on several ships. I saw two separate changes of command on two of the ships. In both cases the out going Captain was an airdale or a navy pilot that had being doing his line officer time. In both cases the on coming captains were real sailors, real leaders that new what the F was going on. The new captains brought with them standards, discipline, leadership and can do attitudes. After these changes of command, every aspect of the ship changed, the chow, the smell, the attitude and grooming of the sailors, within 24 hours it was like you were on a different ship.

America has had hapless moronic politicians at the helm for too long and it is time for us to have a real “get’er done” leader.

By Far, I think Ted Cruz is the most ideal candidate, but right now we need a real take no prisoner type and I think Donald Trump fits the bill.

20. Jeff says:

“When I hear Donald Trump say “Let’s Make America Great Again”, I also hear the familiar echo “cowboy up” people.”

I got wood just readying this ….I AM A VULGARIAN TOO!

21. BigMamaTEA says:

What I am seeing is a LOT of enthusiasm that I haven’t seen for a long time.

22. Pingback: Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove

23. comradewhoopie says:

Those who still don’t know why Trump won or why Hillary lost will never ‘get it’.

24. agentcommonsense says:

Mo Please ! Oct Nov Dec ect … Totally great reads

25. Lester Smith says:

Trump makes me think of the time in America when friends would gather after school and talk and rank on each other. When the world did not live by (pc) rules. When people could talk shit to each other with out fear. When it was OK to say what was on your mind with out fear of retribution. When no one gave a shit if you were white or black. All that mattered is if your a jerk or not. When you could ask a girl for a date and not fear of being accused of being this or that. When believing in God was a good thing. When watching snow white was innocent. Trump sees the world as it was and how us no good old people remember it. How a little laughter and faith were all we needed. When our future was filled with hope and each day was good. reliving the past is not a bad thing. Striving for the future is impossible with out in bracing the past. Trump is like an old friend that still cares. God bless you Donald.