President Trump and First Lady Melania Host Dinner for National Day of Prayer…

President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump participate in a White House dinner on the eve of the National Day of Prayer.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Host Dinner for National Day of Prayer…

1. Elle says:

Love that eagle on his podium. Has that always been there?

2. GB Bari says:

This is yet another event that truly distinguishes President Trump from his predecessors in the way he conducts this event. He appears to genuinely appreciate that faith is a part of people’s lives and should not be shunned by the government. FLOTUS looks stunning as usual and adds to the occasion.

3. bakocarl says:

“We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there’s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.

Most of us would prefer, however, to spend our time doing something that will get immediate results. We don’t want to wait for God to resolve matters in His good time because His idea of ‘good time’ is seldom in sync with ours.”

– Oswald Chambers

4. Sue Fowler says:

Yes, I am proud of President and Mrs. Trump. America is in serious moral and spiritual crisis. We need all be on our knees begging our Triune God for mercy. As legal American citizens we must become a righteous law-abiding nation. A nation that honors the Judeo/Christian precepts upon which our Constitutional democratic republic is based. The abomination that is DC must be replaced with homorable God-fearing men.
    What a blessing!

5. bakocarl says:

Lord I pray to be led to and by you,
    My thoughts, my speech, in all that I do
    Make my whole life a reflection of Yours.
    Lord, straighten my paths and open my doors.

Let my whole will be under Your care,
    Guide all my life and guide me in prayer.
    Without Your grace I’d have nothing at all,
    Nothing but sin and my own shortfalls.

Guide me, I pray, to be closer to You;
    Fill me with blessings, not just a few.
    Give me the courage to follow Your way,
    And the strength to walk it, every day.

Be here beside me through good times and bad,
    Along life’s ways, though happy or sad.
    And when my journey is finally done,
    Let my last thoughts be “Thy will be done.”

6. merlintobie says:

call me shallow, but I want to know what’s on the menu and details of Melania’s outfit

but I do very much appreciate President Trump support of our freedoms

7. listingstarboard says:

So wonderful to see the White House used for dignified and worthy events–not having JayZ and Beyonce and ghetto gatherings like the previous residents.

8. Now more than ever we need prayer!

And perhaps the focus on our National Day of Prayer will be facilitated without the brouhaha surrounding what was to be another day of AG Barr testimony.

9. Carrie2 says:

A beautiful way to celebrate faith beliefs, but no way are muslims a religion because forced by their founder Mohamed to be a cult of everything that is not a religion in that they must do what the Qu’Ran states clearly and that is to kill all of who do follow a true faith. They do not recognize any thing for which we stand and believe. It is great to have a President and others get together to pray and like many I pray at night for the Trump families and their safety, and that I learn to be more of which God wants me to be. We are blessed with a country founded on Judeo/Christian principles because all real faiths come from Judaism and never forget that our Savior Jesus was an Essene Jew.

10. Query says:

The USA is certainly exceptional.
    A right wing atheist like me is deeply grateful for the prime cultural values and core national themes from 1776 USA that are the bedrock of our society. We got real lucky.

As for the empirical truth of our very valuable religious myth…….. please, don’t be silly, children.

• mj_inOC says:

…with all due respect, please read “The Light and The Glory” by Peter Marshall…
      You too will be amazed.

• 3rdday61 says:

I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.
      I’ll continue to muddle through, content with my unalienable rights endowed by my Creator, Nature’s God, all the while steadfastly defending your right to believe as you see fit.

• Jeff P. says:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to Us who are being saved it is the power of God.
      I will rather be a silly child, than a dead grown up. ijs….

• Query says:

I’m genuinely curious. What have you done that requires “saving”, what disastrous moral failures have you had to need “redemption”?

11. Jill Woodliff says:

Dear Heavenly Father,
    We thank You that we live in a land of freedom and of bounty. We bless Your holy name.
    You are our Judge, our Lawgiver, our King. Justice and righteousness are the foundation of Your throne. Bring the three branches of our government into alignment with Your eternal principles. Amen.

12. TwoLaine says:

Presidential Proclamation on National Day of Prayer, 2019
    Issued on: April 30, 2019

13. TwoLaine says:

Is that Uncle Joe in disguise sniffing at Melania’s right shoulder?

• Cisco says:

Wait just a damn!
      Is that a muzz chaplain standing next to the First Lady?
      I notice crescents on his uniform lapels where either a Cross or Star of David would normally be.
      Am I wrong?

14. MelH says:

I wonder if Franklin Graham was at this event. He is being smeared to pieces on Social Media, as is Mike Pence, because those two won’t “embrace” Gay Marriage.

• Bendix says:

Speaking of Mike Pence, I would like to remind those who are critical of President Trump’s choice of him for VP, that he serves at least two very important functions which others could not.
      One, he reassured the Evangelicals, who had qualms about voting for Donald Trump.
      Then there is his continuing value, as the Evangelicals believe it is through Mr. Pence’s influence that President Trump may come to Jesus.
      You see, they love our president very much, and want the best for him as a leader, and as a man.

• MelH says:

“Trump may come to Jesus” assumes you KNOW he has not? I always wonder on what authority people decide another person is NOT saved.