Sunday Talks: Mick Mulvaney -vs- Jake Tapper…

Acting chief-of-staff Mick Mulvaney appears on CNN for an interview with furrowed brow Jake Tapper.  In this segment the issue is border security, an ongoing crisis at the border, and President Trump’s intent to close the U.S-Mexico border.

Furrowed admits there is a crisis at the border and then makes the claim that “investing” in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador “is working” to reduce the outflow of illegal aliens.  Wait, “Working”? Apparently not, Mulvaney, notes: “if it’s working so well, then why are the people still coming?”…  Furrowed is left staring at the response like a cow just licked him on the forehead.

Lordy, I’d love to debate these knuckleheads.

In another segment, Furrowed claims with a straight face that CNN has gotten all of their reporting on the Mueller investigation correct.

“I’m not sure what the media got wrong”, he says with an earnest strain that would make David Mamet smile.  “The media reported what the investigation was going on; other than the people in the media on the left, and not on this network, I don’t know of anybody who got anything wrong. We didn’t say there was conspiracy, we said that Mueller was investigating conspiracy”, Furrow continued.

That statement by Jake Tapper elevates to the most currently accurate definition of the ‘Mamet Principle’ in recent years.  Pretending not to know things is one of the tools and techniques taught in DC sanctimony school.  Obviously Furrowed was the valedictorian. WATCH:

To fully appreciate Furrowed’s intellectual dishonesty, let us remember that CNN was the launching platform for the Steele Dossier narrative into the media bloodstream.

What CNN was doing with the Russia narrative and the Steele Dossier on January 10th, 2017, was so transparently predictable CTH noted in real time, and predicted the background of where that constructed narrative was heading [SEE HERE].

The Anatomy of a Political Smear

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Big Government, Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, Election 2020, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Sunday Talks: Mick Mulvaney -vs- Jake Tapper…

1. CountryDoc says:

56 seconds. Words, body language, posturing. That clip represents the war we are engaged in. Patriots, defending the constitution vs an evil empire far worse that what Regan ever had in mind talking about Russia, pretending to be moral watchdogs, “concerned” for the well being of poor people all over the world, while they try to wrest power, money, and freedom from the U.S. citizens.

2. farinc says:

All of the left wing media pundits should be dropped into an isis camp to see if they could bs there way out of the conundrum.

3. Piggy says:

Maybe he thinks “investing” is paying certain people in countries like Honduras with tax payer money (aid) to round up unaware people and send them to the US for work…

That sounds like something Democrats in the past used to do…

4. Sue Fowler says:

How can those govt wienies let that BS flow out of their mouths? Caravans coming this way and aid is HELPING.
    How much more of this do we tolerate?

• olderwiser21 says:

Sue – the looks of astonishment on Mick’s face and his barely concealed desire to burst out laughing at Crapper’s statements were priceless. I don’t think we can tolerate them anymore – they truly are laughable at this point.

• 3and2fastball says:

Mick Mulvaney had fun with Mr. Furrowed. Mick looked as if he going to laugh out loud. I like Mick Mulvaney, he does an excellent job with the talking heads of TV.

• Disgusted says:

Someday I predict we will have a PUSA Mulvaney. Hopefully in my lifetime, and today I am 71.

• Kenji says:

I’m with you! From my limited view, Mulvaney is someone who strikes me as REALLY the smartest man in the room … not someone who just “acts” like one. His responses to questions are always on-point, on-topic, and devastatingly-informational to his interrogator dujour.

I’m only 63 … and in good health … so hopefully I will be able to cast my vote, and donate $$ to Mick’s campaign.

• Disgusted says:

• olderwiser21 says:

Agreed – I think he was definitely holding back a big guffaw!!!

• sherrihuntley0870 says:

I liked the new name better Mr Furrowed…..great and made me smile bigly.

5. starfcker says:

“Lordy, I’d love to debate these knuckleheads.” Looks like the day might be coming when people stop pretending that these people are not liars and scum. Start calling them out for what they are. The intelligence committee did an extraordinary job calling out Adam Schiff and demanding he resign. I’d like to see a lot more like that. Our side has played nice for way too long. But judging from the President’s words, it’s time we’re going on offense. I’ve been waiting for this a long time, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

• Our “aid money” to those countries is most likely being diverted corruptly to help finance the organization of invasion marches. Central American politicians? What a joke.

• olderwiser21 says:

Our “aid money” is going directly to the top tier of whatever corrupt politicians and cartel groups actually run these countries. No big surprise there. As Mick said, if it’s working so well, why are they still leaving their own countries? Question of the year!!!

• Kenji says:

How about the Boomtown Rats hold a hands-across-the-world Rock and roll fundraiser for Central America? Or “weezy” or whatever the nicknamed rap artist $Billionaire simply write a check to help out the poor, helpless, Central Americans? Sorry, but my attitude toward Central American’s is the same as my attitude toward my teenage kids … get your ass in gear! Stop whining about your circumstances and go make them better! Stop waiting for mommy and daddy America to shower you in $$$ and go make some of your own.

6. Sayit2016 says:

I am so sick of these people. Tapper ticks me off with his sanctimonious BS. The same people that for decades have caused the problem are slamming people that are now trying to fix it. These people are coming here because of idiot politicians ( LIKE OBAMA) telling them to come here. They ADVERTISE in MEXICO all of the bene’s in the states. This is a concentrated effort- by anti-american idiots-so spare me the liberal angst about the women and kids. This is on them.

• Kenji says:

Furrowed brow … ahhhaahahahahahahahaaaaaha

Now, just like BetOh! and his “hand jive” … I can’t look at Tapper without busting out laughing

7. RJ says:

Yea, yea, blah blah, “undocumented” is the key word spoken by those who really “want these people here”! Liars all, beginning with the greatest liar I have ever had the severe displeasure of hearing:

Barack Obama…liar liar liar. Look at how many others join him in lying! They lie from the safety of others risking his/her lives to protect them…keep this in mind as you hear those lying words.

President Trump needs to find more men with a set who are willing to do the heavy lifting. Mulvaney needs support, especially from those elected to Congress who aren’t democrats seeking to build an unbeatable voter base.

Jake Tapper is a member of the enemy…plain and simple!

• Michael Todaro says:

Meanwhile, the old school Latin American Soviet pope, is bad mouthing the wall. This guy has the most awesome wall on Earth. Mr. Pope, tear down that wall.

• CountryDoc says:

There it is, in 17:30. Now that they could not prove obstruction or collusion, the want to quickly make peace. They are going to use PDJT words against him “avoid revenge”. But when we go after the treasonous statists, it won’t be revenge, just the clear facts of prosecuting for a corrupt attempt to rig and election, and a treasonous attempt to take out a duly elected president.

Surely these enemedia people communicate collusion somewhere. Can we not get evidence of that?

• Michael Kunz says:

Yes Doc, the MSM are up there with their paid pollies, giving head cover and camouflage, so effectively, that the politicians of the ‘western countries’, pretty much around the globe, get their Authority without Accountability. Political Nirvana, so they roll right over the 80% of the population who are not accustomed to thinking for themselves.

• sherrihuntley0870 says:

My question is how do “they” know what the report says…..if it hasn’t been released?

• Deb says:

“Congress needs to find something else to worry about”

Perfect. We have problems that need to be solved. Congress needs to get to work.

8. trishinsouthernillinois says:

“…Furrowed is left staring at the response like a cow just licked him on the forehead….”

LMAO
    PERFECT!

9. trishinsouthernillinois says:

• emet says:

I don’t think people realize how much the asylum claim process costs. It is labor intensive. Many claimants come thru airports also. Let me give you an example I know of of a rather expensive case that is not that unusual.
      Man arrives from x with a tourist visa. The primary officer does not believe his story.
      A secondary interview reveals that he is coming to start work at his friend’s business as an electrician.
      He is set up for an ER (expedited removal). This involves hours of psperwork, fingerprinting, etc. and a seorn statement, during which the officer must ask about any “credible fear” he might have. Why yes, he says, I am afraid to go home. Now he must go to another location for a credible fear interview. Have to put him up and feed him until he can speak with an asylum officer. He is becoming brlligerent, and can’t be kept with the other detainees. So either transport him to a jail that will accept him (not easy to find), or he has to be locked in a holding cell and monitored. The interview does not ,go well for him, asylum denied, and it is time for him to go home. The airline he arrived on is reponsible for his return, but they only operate two days a week. He waits. He eats. He has to be tended to. Efforts to get him a seat on another flight fail. Finally time to go…but he is having chest pains. EMT comes. Everyone knows the game. Off to the hospital for EKG etc etc. Eight hours later, he’s back but no flights going to his country. Have to wait some more. Time to go again, but just before boarding, he gets…abdominal cramps. Another detainee sees this, and he too now has abdominal cramps! Now its back to the hospital for both. It goes on. Yes, he was eventually removed, but it took a lot of resources and a huge hospital bill. Whole damn thing is stupid.

• olderwiser21 says:

Emet – so interesting and infuriating at the same time. Thanks, but now I won’t sleep very well. This stuff just kills me. Someone has to be coaching these people on what to say and do when they get here.

• emet says:

Yes. And some courts do not like that officers have expedited removal authority. They would snatch it back if the could, then all would need to see a judge.

10. Ilcon says:

Never accede to a commie’s definition of a word or term. Undocumented immigrant is a commie construct, no such thing. Mick should have made him define what an immigrant is. If correctly defined, the next guestion would be how can they then be undocumented. Put them immediately on their heels. Control the conversation. Call the so called media communists to their faces.

11. srmikeinohio says:

Fake Flapper always looks like he just shit in his pants.

• Your Tour Guide says:

One could only hope.

So much meme gold could be mined with the CNN
      bunch’s facial expressions. Cuomo always has his
      mouth agape, like he walked in on his wife in bed
      with her boyfriend. Anderson Cooper has that serious
      concerned look down pat ( in his mind). Don Lemon
      either looks pissed or incredulous .

Keep making that face and it’ll freeze.

True story. Had a bit of whimsy while praying last
      week. Thought it’d be a hoot to mention to The Lord
      that it would be great if these folks would fart on
      camera when they lied. Got on the net later, and
      there was mention all over Reddit that Tingles had
      cut wind after getting upset over the Mueller findings.

12. John says:

Of course things are improving in the northern triangle countries. Crime goes down and the economy improves when you send all your criminals and the destitute to another country. Lets call it what it is here. They are sending the bottom of the barrel here for us to deal with.

• John,
      Absolutely. Just as POTUS said when campaigning and he was excoriated by studio boys like Tapper afterwards.

At one point in my banking days Hyatt was a client. Yes I know the Pritzkers are full on demonrats, but this story did impress me. Every year Hyatt execs spent several days/week acting as desk clerks, bellmen, maids. This made a huge difference in both service quality and smooth management.

Can you imagine if any of these pajama boys had to act against MS 13 and caravans bolting over borders? Might change their point of view.

13. walker4411 says:

Idol! 🙂

14. jeans2nd says:

We have been sending money and troops to the “Northern Triangle” countries since the early 1960s, if not earlier.
    The 500 million Pres Trump is withholding is peanuts compared to the money these countries are making by drug/people smuggling, remittances, corruption, and graft.
    With hold $500 million? That is a drop in the bucket compared to what these countries rake in every day due to their endemic crime.

15. joebkonobi says:

Fake Jake gets 100 Pinocchios!

16. CM-TX says:

Re. The “Tri-Border Region”…

From the following video (2016):
    “America, No Documents Needed”

17. peace says:

Breitbart is currently reporting that we’ll soon be adding another million illegals to join the many millions already here. They are making a mockery out of our country. Way past time to cut off welfare, food stamps etc.

• GB Bari says:

That is what Mulvaney suggested would be the total by years end given the current monthly rate.

Frustrating.
      Disgusting.
      Maddening.

18. SharonKinDC says:

‘Furrowed’ looks more constipated than usual.

19. GGHD says:

Tapper has ‘frown lines’ between his eyebrows; he’s the Official CNN Disapprover. … The other fake newscasters have plastic surgery, Botox, and pancake make-up. The Tapper Frown of Disapproval is a signal to CNN viewers. = They need to disapprove too!

20. emet says:

I gather from this segment, that the strategy will be to close the ports of entry and have CBP officers patrol with Border Patrol. Port and between port operations are quite different, different skill sets. Wonder what S. border CBP officers are saying?

21. Mick Mulvaney makes me swoon. There. I said it. I am not contributing to the conversation, but he communicates complicated issues so well!

• olderwiser21 says:

It’s ok, crimson – I love Mick too!!!

• Disgusted says:

Whom should our guy Mick select as his vice presidential running mate in the future?

• olderwiser21 says:

What about Pompeo? – I mean, there’s a dynamic duo and I could go VP/P either way with them. DeSantis might want to get in by 2024 – will have lots of gravitas by then – I think he and Jordan would be a dynamite combo as well.

22. Sherri Young says:

TX Lt Guv Dan Patrick with Stuart Varney:

23. ZurichMike says:

“Lordy, I’d love to debate these knuckleheads.”

My oldest brother says the same thing on a daily basis — the blindingly obvious gaps in fact, logic, law, and common sense by the knuckleheads would make it soooooooo easy.

24. GB Bari says:

Not one time in these discussions about the illegal alien invasion problem mentioned the Senate Republicans’ refusal to help the President when he delcared the Emergency earlier this month.

I have not forgotten. That list of RINOs who voted against the President’s Emergency Declaration needs to be re-posted frequently. That and the fact that the anti-MAGA GOPe deliberately let the House fall to the DemonRATS last November.

I haven’t sent them one dollar since November. Only to Nunes and Jordan.

25. farrier105 says:

Looks like most of the previous caravans made it in as expected. It took a while, but they got in, yelled “Asylum!” and got entered into the one way system. There’s about 50 million of them here now in total.

26. Sloth1963 says:

Snake Slapper once again proves that we don’t have a “biased” media. We have a downright evil and corrupt media.

27. Arrogant fake Tapper I Can’t stand him That he Turn me off,

28. TradeBait says:

Every politician who is not actively working and voting to secure the border is a traitor. Every American who has the right to vote and does not vote, or votes for those same politicians is aiding and abetting traitors. It’s that simple.

29. NoFixedAddress says:

I take my hat off to Mick Mulvaney.

Like so many other ‘young’ folk on The MAGA Team it bodes well for the future.