Obviously there are Fox viewers looking at the Fox News decision to hire Donna Brazile and shaking their heads.

It is, factually, a pretty stupid decision; and diminishes the integrity of all other Fox News contributors and analysts.

Following the 2016 primary election, Donna Brazile was exposed as leaking CNN Townhall questions in advance to her friends on the Clinton campaign.  Ms. Brazile did this twice, at two different events.  Ms. Brazile initially lied about it and tried to cover her tracks until the evidence was overwhelming. Wikileaks released the email proof.

Ms. Brazile’s integrity and credibility was shredded and even the far-left ideologues at CNN HQ were forced to fire her.  In short, she’s a liar, a proven manipulator and an unapologetic fraud.  Yes, this cloud has now transferred over the head of all Fox media voices, pundits and contributors; including Sara Carter and Dan Bongino, who will be contractually obligated to defend her or lose their paychecks.

“I’m delighted to be joining Fox News. I know I’m going to get criticized from my friends in the progressive movement for being on Fox News. My response is that, if we’ve learned anything from the 2016 election, it is that we can’t have a country where we don’t talk to those who disagree with our political views.”  ~ Donna Brazile

So, why did Fox News hire Donna Brazile?

Well, first we must remember that our reference point of Fox News (cable TV) as a conservative media outlet, and the subsequent brand image, is not based on actions by the owner or CEO Rupert Murdoch.

It was Fox President Roger Ailes who created Fox News from the ground up, and what most Americans reference as the Fox Media brand outlook was actually created by Mr. Ailes (the deceased Roger Ailes left a few years ago).

The preferred brand image of Rupert Murdoch is Sky News, and that shift has been taking place for the past few years.   Fox is morphing from the conservative brand of Roger Ailes, to the preferred globalist Sky News brand of Murdoch.  Once we accept that central shift, then the hiring of Donna Brazile makes sense.

Billionaire Rupert Murdoch and his sons are in charge of a media network they did not create and were not ideologically aligned toward when Roger Ailes left.  So the shift to a brand they can relate to, the global Sky News approach, is what we are witnessing.   It’s really not more complex than that.

Do Murdoch and Sons realize they are destroying the network.  Yes, and no.  Yes, they know they are dropping market share and viewership, but no they really don’t have any choice; and likely they don’t care.  The Murdoch clan do not know what makes a conservative product appealing to conservatives; they only know what they want in their brand…

…And their brand is what we are getting.

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2016, Election 2020, media bias, Notorious Liars, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

299 Responses to Goofy, Albeit Predictable, Decision: Fox News Hires Donna “Debate-Gate” Brazile…

1. jahealy says:

It was painful listening to Bongino’s podcast today, at the very beginning, when he tried to address the Pirro thing. He said he’d received emails from his listeners asking him about it, and would be proud to be on her show once she’s back. Then he changed the topic. I realize he just got signed with Fox and probably doesn’t want to rock the boat. I won’t sit in judgment of his choices because they’re not mine to make, but it was painful to witness his “non-defense.”

2. James Carpenter says:

Were it not for Maria Bartiromo and Lou Dobbs, some Carlson, some Hilton and oooops, the “suspended” Pirro, I’d have left long ago. As it is, my veiwership will decline by the amount of time I will instead be switching to OANN.

• MTeresa says:

Personally, all I watch is Stuart Varney and sometimes Bartiroma on FBN and Tucker. Don’t watch anything else. OANN is a better network.

• Why don’t the true Conservatives on FOX move to OANN, build up the viewers, add some pep to OANN and we all come out ahead. They may have to take a paycut for a while, but they are mostly wealthy and can probably build their brand and paychecks fairly quickly. Most of us would love to have an alternative to FOX, and I turned their news off after their first Presidential rigged debate and only listen to the pundits and Dobbs. Would be great to watch some news again, along with uncensored pundits.

• rrick says:

Why not? Because likely OANN doesn’t pay as much as F—. There is your answer. So, do not you listen to them who prize an earthly paycheck more then the truth.

I am surprised that after more than five hours I am the first to say so.

3. Judge Jeanine out .. Donna Brazille in. Any more questions about FOX News?

This is happening across the board ..

“Conservatives face a tough fight as Big Tech’s censorship expands” – https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/434407-conservatives-face-a-tough-fight-as-big-techs-censorship-expands

• oldumb says:

Not disagreeing with you analysis but the judge isn’t out, just suspended. She will be back and on guard about the saying what you think thing.

• Jederman says:

They’re trying to maintain viewership while one at a time migrating leftward. It starts at the top. If the HQ wants a Lefty org he/they hire Lefty’s.

4. Shakey Leaf says:

They have a plan. They are just hoping viewers won’t notice the leftward slide. I quit watching after for good after the Me-Again/Repub debate and won’t ever watch them again.

• mike says:

The globalists are destroying as much conservative communication as they can. Thee massive Tech censorship, classical media monopolization, outright storm trooper stuff like Stone.

• GenEarly says:

The Plan is to kneecap any media supporting Trump for 2020. DemocRepubRats are in a frenzy to eliminate Trump and US, those Deplorables targeted by Hilarity Clintoon. CW is coming, Ready or Not. PS It isn’t up to us they have decided already on our elimination.

• rrick says:

General, may I suggest a blog you would be interested in reading. Notice, sir, this is from a 6th generation American gentleman.

• oldumb says:

careful with that link, my avg found a downloader virus on it. I am running a scan now. Someone has hacked a payload onto the site.

• GenEarly says:

Yep,been there occasionally, usually on a link from westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com
          Alternative media is surging and with more information than the obsolete tv MSM.
          Discernment is always required on any information, and while knowledge is vital, getting too far out ahead of the troops loses the necessary comm lines needed to move cohesively.
          The Group is only as strong as the Individuals in that group. We need to keep preparing our plan B, beans,bullets, bullion. Just my opinion..

• rrick says:

Sir, I stand at the ready. However, you may not know of my position nor opportunity at the time. Upon an appropriate advantage I shall inform you. Yours, truly.

Lest your cpl not understand, The chair is against the rail. The chair is against the rail.

5. Trump's Hammer says:

As bad as it is to hire the person who helped Hillary cheat, coupled with this weekend’s suspension of Pirro, Fox is trying to up their own record of destroying their audience, held by Roger Ailes’ 2015 FXN.

What else did you expect? They’re Saudi owned, you know.

6. MAGAbear says:

So Dick Morris was let go by Fox for fudging his polling data but the known liar and debate fixer Brazille is a good hire? Welcome to the new and unimproved Fox News.

7. Tiffthis says:

It’s a “re-hire” isn’t it? She already worked for them I thought…

8. truthzzzz says:

Fox has been in the bag with the Democrats since forever.
    A few pets are lets run somewhat free in the plantation pastures and fields.
    Murdoch and family were compromised when the UK prosecuted them for breaking into the data on personal cell phone. It was something about all of the UK press did. One result the globalists wnted was to end the uncensored comments on the MarketWatch web site. Those comments were often truthful, far superior to the information or the analyses done in the articles, and turning the tide against Obama in so many areas. that is what smart people telling the truth can do.
    The censorship back then, and the censorship now, are to effect the trillions of dollars in government spending and the waste and corruption that always follow in government, its spending, and its regulations.
    Realists are anathema to most all of the paid for agenda driven press “news” outlets.

9. Rick554 says:

Well……say Good bye to FOX. I personally don’t have any interest in listening to liberal double-speak anyhow. I get the news I need from OAN or places like CTH or real news sites. It was good while it lasted, but The liberal infection wastes everything it touches

10. Don McAro says:

I guess she will be on Perinos and Smiths slots an awful lot

11. Bryan Alexander says:

What I just sent FOX News……

INCREDIBLY stupid move to hire Donna Brazille. What are you thinking? She knowingly cheated in a presidential debate, then lied about it before getting caught red-handed.

If you are willing to put up with that kind of deceit, I can not trust anything you report. If I can’t trust what you report, I will not watch.

I. WILL. NOT. WATCH.

• Mr. T. says:

Brazille continued to lie even after she was caught red handed with the email leak. Her defense? That the email was stolen and therefore not credible. She wouldn’t answer if it was actually her email. Which it was.

• thedametruth says:

She is a foul mouthed, stupid, lying, corrupt, incompetent thug. she got her start by getting appointed to something by none other than Hillary, who never hires anyone with a brain in their head or a shred of integrity.

12. Zimbalistjunior says:

This may explain why hannity has her on and was very cordial to her months ago.

He may even had let her speak a completed sentence or two before interrupting.

13. Paul B. says:

Goofy? I would call it obscene.

I don’t get how other contributors will have to “defend” her.

A whole lot of people have been saying they will turn off Fox, especially if Pirro is not brought back. This is now a double whammy. Some are saying Fox Business is now better. I wouldn’t know, as I don’t watch TV.

• Yes, I was going to call it a deliberately obscene gesture on Fox’s part. On the boys’ part.

• Deacon Bob says:

The only thing good about Fox Business is Lou Dobbs and Liz Macdonald. Cavuto/Gasperino along with the red headed Buffet A-licker Liz Clayman a “cali” leftist not yet quite enough to keep me off Dobbs. But the rest of it – leftist garbage. Including that limey Stewart Varney in the a.m. who’s another closet cultural marxist. A Fraud. Past that, I’ve got a real problem with foreign accents telling me what’s “wrong” with my Country.

• bentley1blog says:

Deacon…Agree that Elizabeth MacDonald and Lou Dobbs are the only two I care to watch on FBN. Creepy lefty Charlie Gasparino is a disgrace. When he is speaking about our POTUS his eyes get ugly and maintains a slight sneer. Actions speak louder than words. Am through with FOX

14. Rebecca says:

The Murdock wives of Rupert’s two sons have now taken over the network. I will turn it off every time I see Ms. Brazile, Shepherd Smith, Juan Williams and probably run out of the building if Jerry Rivers crosses my screen. This is a real tragedy. Try Whatfinger.com for an informative, conservative website, similar to OAN.

15. Stringy theory says:

I totally stopped watching Fox news about 12 years ago. I still know folks who have it on all the time and think it’s a conservative news source. Maybe they will eventually learn.

16. ATheoK says:

For near identical reasons I cancelled my over two decade subscription to the Wall Street Journal.

Conservative editors were getting “promotions” out of the way are simply “let go” in favor of shallow low facts emotional writers.

Now Murdoch and sons are destroying the last vestiges of conservatism at Fox news as they did at WSJ. They may lean conservative, but they are devoted anti-Trumpers and fanatical globalists.

Thank God for ‘The Conservative Treehouse’, ‘The Gateway Pundit’ and the declining conservatism of ‘The Daily Caller’.

• Milo says:

Just remember that Rupert Murdoch held the first fundraiser for Hillary Clinton when she ran for Senator from NY. That’s when I turned off FOX.

• Somebody says:

Rupert has never been a conservative, not a conservative as we know it here in the US. He may be conservative in Australia or Europe, but their idea of conservative is liberal in the US.

Rupert however is a shrewd businessman and saw a niche that he exploited.

17. rrick says:

James Earl Jones-esque voice: This is F O X.

18. 4sure says:

QUIT watching FAUX news. Boycott their sponsors. It’s time we started using our wallets against our enemy.

19. lewfarge48 says:

How to DESTROY a franchise in 2 EASY LESSONS:
    1) Suspend your #1 weekend show host Judge Jeanine
    2) hire a corrupt demonrat donna brazille

20. jackphatz says:

My guess is they are waiting for Hannity to say he’s done then FOX News will cease to exist.

21. Marygrace Powers says:

More important with DB Fox has come “out of the closet”,
    so to speak, for any remaining Conservatives still watching.

Watching Donna Brazille, per sd comments above,
    is an insult to any clear minded viewer’s intelligence.

Personally I bet, behind the scenes, there is a brand
    new REAL NEWS, TRUE NEWS channel on the
    scale of a Fox news about to emerge. MSM is DEAD.

• rrick says:

Marygrace, I adore you so you should know what I mean here is not agin you.

Y’ll watchers of Fox should have gotten wise by know. Y’ll have 10 or 15 yrs to get with it. And if you still watching but believing,as opposed to just watching. then somethings wrong in your head, son. Yr mental. Since ten or more yrs ago y’ll should know things ain right. But you keep believing because you be indoctrinated. That means wanting the truth where they ain no truth. Hell, that ain’t no different than being invaccinated. Y’ll a plumb fool.

• Marygrace Powers says:

Fox jumped the shark years ago –
        but the Megan Kelly takedown by
        PDJT was a mass awakening.

No difference between watching/
        believing because you knowingly
        position yourself – captive audience.

Can’t imagine any sane person
        sitting through a segment with
        Donna Brazille/mind-numbing.

22. Attorney says:

I was taught that you should not lie,cheat, and steal not just because it is morally wrong but because if one is apprehended, nobody will hire you for a long, long, time.

Fox apparently holds to a different set of values.

23. rustybritches says:

I cant even begin to understand why Fox would Hire DB but if that’s there strokes then so be it, I will leave completely too I have been watching more and more of OANN lately I like the Ledger Report and a few other programs that they have on but I am sadly disappointed that Fox has decided to finish going left and I agree with the General and all of you here time to say good by and boycott the station.. President Trump will learn after a while too that He is being the target of their nonsense too..

24. alliwantissometruth says:

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn the Murdoch sons worked together with MediaMatters to find “old dirt” on Tucker, so they could have something to use when the time comes to get rid of him

Everyday leftists are idiots, but “media” leftists are devious scumbags

• steph_gray says:

I am always a day behind on Bongino’s podcast so I think it was the Friday one I heard today. But he did a brilliant bit bringing out some nasty stuff one of the MediaMatters creeps said years ago.

They always think nobody will fight back and check THEIR record. Jerks!

25. Rose says:

Fox is going down the same path as CNN did ten years ago, and we all know how that played out. I banned Fox from my house via the remote. The dropped it and CNN I will not pay to watch liberals spread hatred of my beliefs.

26. Alex50 says:

Donna Brazile is a known liar and cheat. Wallace, Smith , Cavuto and Baier have real competition now.

27. Merkin Muffy says:

Anyone who believes that Fox News is still a conservative network should have his head examined.

28. dd_sc says:

In addition to their leftward, globalist slide, I figured Fox hiring Brazille was some sort of quid pro quo so that the DNC would allow Fox to host debates for the 2020 election season.

29. Cheesehead54016 says:

Usually I come home from work and turn on Fox for 30 minutes to a couple hours depending on whats in the news. Nothing against Brett B., Laura, Tucker, Sean, but as of today……… I will not be doing that any longer. Worst hire ever. Good luck and goodbye.

30. Cathead says:

When Fox announced the takeover of the house in the 2018 midterms before the polls closed I was done with them. Shepard Smith, Juan Williams and now Donna Brazil. They are not fair and balanced as claimed.

31. Austin Holdout says:

I wonder if the creation of the paid service Fox Nation is going to be where Fox quarantines all of the conservatives. It’s emergence at the same time Fox is clearly shifting way left way fast makes me think so. Sorry folks, if you want conservative content, you’ll have to pay us. No thanks.

32. Genie says:

She probably joined under false pretenses just to steal Juan Williams’ magic hair dye and then bolt for big bucks at MSNBC.

33. Bigbadmike says:

Who cares? Most of us get the news from this site and other sane sources anyway. This is just a full court press by the media to suffocate any opposition to their lies. People are not stupid – they just turn it off. Like Old Abe said,” You can full some of the people all of the time… you know the rest.

34. purpleibby says:

The libs will never accept you FOX….you’re chasing something that will never come. They hate you, they will always hate you. Hiring a known cheat(Donna) and suspending a talented gutsy patriot with integrity like Pirro is just a slap in the face. You guys don’t stand behind your talent.

35. mtk says:

WTF…
    I need to boycott something…
    That’s it.
    “I am cancelling my subscription to CNN”

Wait, I can’t do that, we’re I am to get my daily dose of manipulation.

Oh how about Fox New.
    It is now so, “Fair&Balanced”.
    Just how, Fair&Balance” is Fox News?

Joe Bongino, should test it out with this segway introduction to his new(s) colleague.

Where even the unhirable of the lying and sneaky leftists, that have been fired from ground zero epicenter of “Bias&Opinionated” watercarriers.
    And, fired for the outrage of getting caught, no less.

That is so…
    “Fair&Balanced”
    Where even being a outted sneaky, lying teleprompter reader can land you a job.

Well, maybe I am thinking of the wrong Joe.

Well, it is time to hop on over to IFL to see the “The Green New Episode”
    How green…
    Well lets have Ruby Rhod clue ya in on what the MSM has become…

• rrick says:

I been telling you muffinheads to throw out your TVs since 2005. And I am a Johnny-Come-Lately in that game.

I’m mad as hell, I’m not gonna take this anymore.

BTW: The 5th Element is smashing.

36. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

So, Donna, bless your heart, I just want you and your brand new boss to know that the BIG PROBLEM that conservatives have with you isn’t the ideology you are affiliated with, your sexuality, your previous AND current political alignments, your stance on abortion, your history of attempting to redeem the Party destroyed by your colleague DWS, or your loyalty to the failed presidential candidate with whom you align yourself and will forever make apologies/excuses for….the BIG PROBLEM that we have with you, Ms. Brazile, is that you are a CHEATING LIAR.

Good luck and best wishes with your new job at FNC.

Congratulations, FOX….you really picked a winner.

• mtk says:

Spot On. Totally agree. 100%.

That is what political pundants and pollsters don’t get.
      It is that simple. Thank you for your clear light on my sarcasm.

37. Revenant says:

I haven’t watched TV news in years. Dont miss it at all.

Still, we do need a new contender emerge to take the spot of a conservative news media network. Maybe that’s OANN, maybe not. We can’t cede the whole media to the Democrats

38. gymcy81 says:

Maybe Ms. Brazille’s agent likes the tactic(s) Megan Kelly parlayed to raise her profile ($$$)?

Maybe FOX wanted more (mis) ‘balance’?

Match up the 2 wants…and what does the public get (if they watch the show)?

Judge Pirro suspended for fairly asking questions,
    Ms. Brazille for unfairly giving questions, before they are asked….

…and more theatre / optics and less substance (nice combo for short term like$, to (mis) sell ads)

I do not know
    imho

…love thy neighbors…
    Mark 12:7

Lent is here…temptations occur…and are repelled… Luke 4:1-
    There is a lot to be learned….

As a side:
    Which will, or is, coming first? :
    – the witnessing of a re-‘fundamental transformation’ of the USA (this time, in a Constitutional way)
    and / or
    – the (untold) witnessing of a re-‘transfiguration’…(Luke 9: )

39. This move of hiring this Bitch, Really does expose Fox for who it is…a Deep State Mouthpiece.
    Start tuning in to your favorite Internet Channels…BK their asses
    Boycott Fox and Sponsors.
    Enough of the BS.

40. thedoc00 says:

The CNN debate questions incident was bad enough. Yet, even equally disgusting was Donna B writing a book trashing the Clinton campaign and even going on the book tour circuit to sell the book, even with an interview on Fox. Then, suddenly, she is back on the Democrat band wagon, trashing the President and extoling Hillary as if the book as well as book tour never happened. Even her old buddies in the MSM have already forgiven her indiscretion to make money.

She essentially verified Hillary’s shady campaign finance arrangements as well as the fact the DNC rigged the primary.

Maybe Fox has the false hope she will talk, out of school, on the Democrat Candidate during the Primary before supporting the Fox neverTrump effort after the Primary.

41. Streak 264 says:

I stopped watching them years ago when their love affair with Rove started. All they do is sell books. I call it Book TV. They are an arm of Barnes and Nobel!

42. John says:

I cut the cable last month and will watch Dobbs via Hulu. Today I removed the Fux app from my phone after one more obnoxious Democrat contributor article trashing Trump. Who needs that crap?
    I only continue to get the WSJ because it was free with airline miles and is perfect for cleaning the cat’s litter box, otherwise it’s swamp infested. Thank God, seriously, that there’s TCTH to turn to.

43. gymcy81 says:

Maybe FOX wanted more (mis) ‘balance’?

Match up the 2 un-neccesary wants…and what does the public get (if they watch the latest)?

Judge Pirro suspended for fairly asking questions,
    Ms. Brazille for unfairly giving questions, before they are asked….

…and more theatre / optics and less substance
    (nice combo for short term like$, to (mis) sell ads…$$$)
    [ the meaning of ‘likes’ on social sites, are mis-understood. ]

imho
    I do not know

…love thy neighbors…
    Mark 12:7

Lent is here…temptations occur…and are repelled… Luke 4:1-
    There is a lot to be learned about virtue…. (instead of value)

As a side:
    Which will, or is, coming first? :
    and / or
    – the (untold) witnessing of a re-‘transfiguration’…(Luke 9: )

• bentley1blog says:

Don’t know what Megan Kelly said or did not say as my tv is off by the time she comes on. Thought she was on our side??? Someone please get me out of the dark.

44. Linus in W.PA. says:

Hell, I haven’t watched Fox since early November 2012.

Haven’t missed it at all.

45. Liberty Forge says:

I will most definitely go back to read to comments, so obviously I have not read them to this point.

Thoughts. Donna Brazile, as a person, is a really ‘nice & calm’ voice to listen to. She comes across as ‘the adult in the room’. She is extremely smooth — and a bonus! — she is black.

Her smooth voice comes across as ‘this is what is really going on’. It does. It works. She is never, ever rattled. That ‘grandmother, everything is okay’ persona — she soothes any discord.

So, there you go. That is how & why she was hired ‘for this job’.

How many viewers are really going to recognize that she is also a liar (big time liar); an operative; a manipulator; etc.?

Pretty much no one. So, that is her ‘appeal’.

She will be the soothing voice of reason.

(I am so thankful I do not own a TV. You have no idea.)

Donna Brazile is dangerous — because of her persona.

46. paper doll says:

Fox is Disney and it would be hard to find a more leftist out fit among the top corporations. They don’t care if people watch, or not, their ram rodding” Captain Marvel” on an unwilling public prove that. They just want their SJW message barked 24/7.

47. BigTalkers says:

This is another example proving once again that the Murdoch family has a lot more money than sense.

48. sunnyflower5 says:

Donna did you call Jussie Smollett before the fake lynching?
    Did Donna fund raise off of Jessie Smollett’s Fake Hate crime?

49. “All part of the plan” Election Time,
    The Fix is in Again!,
    Fox hires Killary’s Fixer.
    Fox is like the sneaky kid on the block who keeps pointing at the other kids, but he’s just as crooked as them…Deflect. Fox is that sneaky crooked kid “Deep State Mouthpiece” Exposed.
    Tune Out, and Don’t Buy From Sponsors.
    Can still follow all the wonderful informed people of the station on their sites.