BREAKING: Paul Manafort Sentenced to 47 Months in Prison…

Judge TS Ellis sentenced former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort to 47 months in prison for tax evasion and bank fraud.  The sentence is considerably less than federal prosecutors had sought. The judge said he believed the recommended sentence of 19-24 years would be “excessive”.

(Via Associated Press) 6:59pm EST –  Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been sentenced to 47 months in prison for tax and bank fraud related to his work advising Ukrainian politicians.

Judge T.S. Ellis III imposed the sentence Thursday, capping the only jury trial following indictments stemming from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

A jury last year convicted Manafort on eight counts, concluding that he hid from the Internal Revenue Service millions of dollars he earned from his work in Ukraine. (link)

This entry was posted in 4th Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, propaganda, Russia, Spygate, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

339 Responses to BREAKING: Paul Manafort Sentenced to 47 Months in Prison…

1. texastrumper says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

2. texastrumper says:

A pro President Trump deleted by admin? I do not understand.

• texastrumper says:

A pro President comment I meant.

• Peoria Jones says:

I’m just getting here, but I hope that if one of your comments had to be deleted, that all of them will.

• Really? 🤔🙄😠

• Peoria Jones says:

Ok, I probably could’ve stated that better. My point was that it has to be pretty bad before one’s comment is deleted. Also, there are usually signs beforehand when a poster is about to go off the rails.

Some posters just won’t behave, and I believe it’s better for them to be gone than risk having them continue severe violations of the posting guidelines. Ad rem’s reply a couple posts down now puts this into context. Some of us truly appreciate that the CTH comment section is a refuge, which sets it apart from many others.

3. namberak says:

‘The judge said he believed the recommended sentence of 19-24 years would be “excessive”.’ I think he meant “preposterous.” No one gets 20 years for tax evasion …

• Peoria Jones says:

Everything now is upside-down. Manafort was basically given a life sentence. Comparatively speaking, this is shameful.

• Amy2 says:

The judge might have gone with time served if Manafort had shown a little remorse. I know what he did gets all lost in the Russia/Trump stuff, but (way back when) he DID break the law, regardless of whether RR used it for leverage. I think Ellis WANTED to give him a break.

• snellvillebob says:

He will most likely be out in 2 years or less.

• Grassleysgirl/Breitbartista says:

Moral authority of the pearl clutching, elitists.
        Manafort is guilty of Treason for his capital offense.
        100 days colluding with the bad ‘Orange Menace ‘
        (the term my well edumacated Santorum supporting, brother in law often uses for PDJT )
        A classic case of TDS… Sad really.

• Cisco says:

Did Al Capone get such a long sentence?

4. texastrumper says:

I am as big a President Trump fan as there is. I have been on this site for about four years now. To have a comment deleted for I guess calling someone an idiot is beyond me. I have seen blatant trolls on this site do a hell of a lot worse. That is okay. I have seen a lot more comments worse than calling someone an idiot. Delete this one I guess. I am out.

• Skippy says:

It’s a tense filled couple of weeks, please just let it roll off your shoulder. I’ve wanted to say the same at times but I just mumble a little to myself. Don’t leave over this- Sundance has a thread about CTH posting behavior as so many read and view. Better angels for us all. Good night, texastrumper. 🙂

• Ad rem says:

Comments that contain personal insults….especially when you’ve NAMED the other person…are routinely deleted. How would you feel if we let someone call you an idiot? Your comment was also posted out of order, and therefore if didn’t make all that much sense.

FYI…blatant trolls are not only deleted, they are banned.

• Shirley says:

We are all getting angry over the injustices that have been going on and many times we vent in our comments. As I was reading this article all I was thinking about is Manafort in Jail while the Clinton’s, Obama and and many in our so called Justice Dept, and FBI running around enjoying their lives. We have to figure out what, if anything (other than vote) we the people can do to stop these criminals.

5. Gman says:

the amount of info is exhaustive, where does it end, it’s like blah blah blah blah…oh? truth? what is that?

6. Nessie509 says:

Remember Mannafort’s financial holdings and properties were lost to forfeiture.
    Losing his wealth, property and four years in prison seems a just sentence.
    It was fun to watch liberals cry in their beer and gnash their teeth.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Dang, is that right? The ClintonSyndicate is what needs to be busted. Well then, will trade the old “Lock her up” chant for “Send her to the poor house” at the next rally. 🙂

• Amy2 says:

I’ll take her continuing to embarrass herself, and even more so, how increasingly irrelevant she has become. I think even SHE sees that. Can’t wait for coverage of the next “An Evening with the Clintons.” ‘better than a sitcom!!

7. cheryl says:

I hope he gets out soon. The man has been in solitary and that’s torture in itself.

• Dutchman says:

I don’t understand why so many think this.
      Given the nature of the ‘general population’, and their proclivities, SOME prefer solitary.
      I was in stir, once,…for a month, cause I ,…well, did SOMETHING wrong. When I was released back into general population, I was seriously thinking
      “So exactly WHAT would I have to do (“wrong”), to do ALL my time in solitary?”
      I suppose some people CRAVE a lot of ‘social interaction’, and for such people, stir could be a problem, maybe even they would feel it was ‘torture’.

But don’t assume it; the fact that Manafort refused to give in, and ‘compose’ like Mueller team wanted, means its likely he is an ‘independant’ sort, and appreciated the solitude.

And, the Judge reducing the sentence is a rare rebuke to Mueller, obviously the excessive sentence, like the solitary, was BECAUSE Manafort refused to compose, part of the intimidation.

8. Rynn69 says:

Is he allowed to use time he has already served?

• cheryl says:

Yes, he gets credit for time served.

• Unfortunately his two trials in D.C. will throw the book at him.

• Jenevive says:

When he is sentenced in the other cases,
        can’t POTUS commute all his sentences to
        time served. I don;t think he should get a pardon
        since he is guilty ..but I would have no problem
        with a get out of jail commutation from POTUS.

• snellvillebob says:

President Trump can pardon Manifort for the Federal Crimes he was just sentenced to, but not any sentence he gets from the State of New York. This has been threatened if he is pardoned.

• Grassleysgirl/Breitbartista says:

I am praying for the ‘honorable ‘ Amy Berman.
            My pray is that she will be not blinded by her distaste for the President or personal biases.
            I hope any believer’s here will join me.
            My fear is justice and fair treatment for Mr.Manafort ended with Judge Ellis s sentence.

• Nick says:

Yes, i think the judge credited him with 9 months as time already served. I was happy to read that.

9. Judiciary says:

He’s clearly a political prisoner. I hope the sentencing is reduced by time served.

10. Judiciary says:

11. Fools Gold says:

Serious question and sorry if it’s already been ask: when is manafort eligible for parole with a 47 mo. S
    sentence? Thx anyone.

• Robert Smith says:

Someone estimated, elsewhere on here, with time served and good behavior…they estimated 31 months. Roughly 2.5 years he’ll need to serve instead of 47 months.

• LivingRedInBlue says:

To add on to Robert’s comment, the federal system doesn’t officially have parole. Good behavior often leads to a reduced sentence, though, as does time served

12. He has two trials to go…in D.C. They will sentence him extensively.

• beach lover says:

Im afraid the judge will be harsher now since he got a more lenient sentence in NY… AND she is the judge that put him in solitary confinement for such a long time.

I read what another poster commented on conditions in solitary confinement. Maybe it is different in different jurisdictions… but I heard early on he only has 1 hr of daylight a day. no visitors, books , papers of any kind allowed in his cell. Sidney Powell said it will break most men in one week. No wonder he is in a wheelchair. This is an outrage considering the Podestas are guilty as sin and are free.

13. farrier105 says:

Trying someone over 70 years old two more times is excessive. He didn’t even work with Trump that long for any of the anti-Trumpers to get any satisfaction out of two more convictions. Time to stop. They got their pound of flesh. They didn’t even care about all of those violations in the past as long as he performed for the State Department and CIA as when he promoted US policy–as opposed to RUSSIAN policy–when advising the Ukrainian government. What a dog’s life Manafort must have led, running back and forth between the President of Ukraine and the US Embassy in Kiev

14. wodiej says:

“The love of money is the root of all evil.” 1 Timothy 6:10
    I don’t know anything about Manafort but I hope he has searched his heart and asked God to heal him of his obsession with money. President Trump is an example of how to use money wisely and help others with it.

15. gingergal says:

How about everyone who is guilty of the same crimes? Equal justice soon?

Well, Barr announced during a pressor he will be going after fraud against seniors. He’s on the right track, I guess. “Fraud” seems to interest him, so it’s only a matter of time before the real criminals are punished…I suppose.

16. Joe says:

Even 47 mo is excessive. It was a political prosecution, the judge knew that, and Manafort should have been sentenced to time served. Period.

17. Lactantius says:

We know about Mueller and his team in terms of how they treat their “perps.” We know about how Mueller goes after whatever he can turn into an indictment that will smear Donald J. Trump or his family.

We also know that Manafort is not a primrose and upstanding work-a-day fellow. He has been an international career swamp rat for much of his life. He has chosen to walk a fine line in terms of legality. Therefore, he was an easy mark for Mueller and his “guilt by association” strategy against Donald J.Trump.

We know how “justice” in this whole Trump-Russia fluster-cluck has been warped and ignored and so does Judge T.S. Elliot.

Judge T.S. Elliot just might be going a bit “rogue” in serving up to Mueller a bit of the same sort of slop that Mueller has dragged into his courtroom. Judge Elliot can’t dismiss the case, but he can treat it “dismissively.” He can telegraph Mueller that bringing a cockroach into court in the great Trump Trophy Expedition is not a game the Elliot court cares to encourage.

18. Deb says:

PDJT can commute his sentence using the excuse that the Podestas walked off scott free for the same crimes.

If PDJT doesn’t help Manafort, I’m taking it as a sign that Manafort was a plant. If that’s the case then Manafort’s reason for persecution by the Swamp is that he didn’t lead PDJT to defeat.

19. Bubby says:

FTA “I have never been a fan of Paul Manafort, and have no sympathy for his tax evasion and other crimes. But the fact that he was never prosecuted until he worked for Donald Trump, who won, suggests that he is a victim of a political witch hunt. That his lavish lifestyle (and expensive ostrich jacket) – legal if vulgar — was used by prosecutors in making their case exploits class envy, and does not sound like the pursuit of justice. That he has been imprisoned in solitary confinement while awaiting trial and sentencing is shameful in my book. I hope (but do not expect) that Judge Jackson imposes a concurrent, if longer, sentence on him.”

“Team Mueller’s harsh sentence recommendation of 19-24 years’ imprisonment as “excessive,” most murderers don’t get that long a sentence and Manafort didn’t commit anything close to murder.
    This is why I believe President Trump should commute his sentence but not pardon Manafort. “But the fact that he was never prosecuted until he worked for Donald Trump, who won, suggests that he is a victim of a political witch hunt.” He’s broke and has lost everything which is what the Democrats want to do to President Trump, every Trump family member, every Trump business associate or Trump friend! The totalitarians are running the House. Godspeed President Trump!

• pacnwbel says:

When murderers, traitors, arsonists and terrorists never seem to get the full force of the law thrown at them, common sense and decency fails. One day we will have real justice, please let it be soon.

20. mike diamond says:

So Hillary and her band of criminals go free! What a scam!

21. MfM says:

Who brought Manafort into the Trump campaign?

22. Cisco says:

Answering my own question.
    Manafort 19 to 24 years and Chicago Al gets…
    Capone was convicted on October 17, and was sentenced a week later to eleven years in federal prison, fined $50,000 plus $7,692 for court costs, and was held liable for $215,000 plus interest due on his back taxes. The contempt of court sentence was served concurrently.
    11 years!

23. tdwesselman says:

Lets put this in a different perspective.

1..You separate from your wife legally and without incident.
    2..6 months later your wife finds out you have a new girlfriend and gets royally upset.
    3 ..She makes a false claim that you assaulted her.
    4..Fortunately, you can provide an alibi that you were not able to assault her because you were out of the country.
    5..In proving you alibi the state “asks” you to produce financial records to prove your alibi.
    6..The state can not find any records that show you were anywhere around your wife or able to have assaulted her. Point in fact they find that your alibi is sound and correct.
    7..During the investigation the stare finds that you possibly lied to a bank and cheated on your taxes
    8..You are tried and convicted for false statements to a bank and tax evasion.

To me, that just doesn’t seem right. It sparks of name the man then find the crime.

24. Luke of the D says:

Doesn’t Paul Manafort have children? And now he is being separated from his children and wife for three years? I thought it was a horrible crime to separate families!? Just like illegal aliens that are freed to rob, rape, and murder because they are “family” units, it is only fair that Paul Manafort is freed to… commit more bank fraud, I guess. #KeepFamilysTogetherOrSomething

25. U.S.A. Citizen says:

After watching what is going on in politics, I know for sure the Democrat Party is the
    EVILEST party in our government. Anybody that agrees with what the Democrats are
    doing to President Trump is pure evil. History will prove the Democrat party is the most
    corrupt party ever!