First Lady Melania Trump Participates in Toys For Tots Drive…

WASHINGTON – Melania Trump highlighted the spirit of giving Tuesday by sorting toys and making Christmas cards for an annual toy drive held by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.

The first lady said she had been looking forward to the Toys for Tots event all year. The charity collects new toys and distributes them to needy children at Christmas.

“I have been looking forward to this event ever since last year’s ended,” Mrs. Trump said. “As a mother, I feel children are the most precious gift of all. They provide so much joy in life.” She added that her “mission” as first lady is to “shine a light” on programs that provide children with opportunities to succeed.

“I believe in the good work that Toys for Tots is doing,” the first lady said.

Dozens of children from military families joined her at a Washington-area military base to sort scores of toys, including dolls, cars, games, stuffed animals and other gifts into boxes labeled “Girls” and “Boys.” The job lasted a few minutes and then everyone sat down to make Christmas cards.

The first lady was seen drawing a snowman on her piece of construction paper.

“Don’t forget the carrot,” she told a girl.

The White House said Mrs. Trump was donating 100 books to a companion Toys for Tots literacy program. She also gave the children coloring books and White House candies stashed inside white tote bags labeled “Be Best” — the name of her child welfare initiative — and delivered by Santa Claus.  (read more)

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, Melania Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Participates in Toys For Tots Drive…

1. kittytrump84 says:

Our First Lady is perfect!

Just stunning.

• Angelle Staria says:

Class Act x 1000!

It must make some of the progressive ugly faces (even more so, ugly hearts and souls) steam with jealousy and the greenest envy, that a beautiful FLOTUS is smart and intelligent as well. Wonder how many of them, e.g. Pelosie, Waters, Warren, Feinstein, could stand to be pleasant for just one 24 hour day AND speak multiple languages AND can be gracious in the face of hatred and adversities.

Good day to all!

• H.R. says:

Great comment, Angelle Staria. Melania is a keeper in every way and measure. non? (Oui !!)

Melania just melts your heart….

• Angelle Staria says:

Yes she does…compared to the last FLOTUS who managed to harden our hearts. It was getting pretty ice cold during the BHO years, so a little warmth and melting is definitely in order and welcome.

Shalom

• olderwiser21 says:

Those Boots!!!!

• Wilmo says:

Melania is the classiest, smartest and most beautiful First Lady to ever occupy the White House!

2. Cisco says:

So worthy of the title First Lady of The United States.

3. T.Sport says:

I am so proud of our beautiful 1st lady. I’m a lurker and I just had to say that. God Bless all the Treepers ( and lurkers) out there!

4. Curry Worsham says:

Best looking First Lady ever!
    Or at least since Ellen Arthur.

5. recoverydotgod says:

So happy to see FLOTUS carrying on this First Lady tradition!

6. NJF says:

I love her so much.

This literally brought tears to my eyes.

• G. Combs says:

And even with that lovely gesture the left have to be nasty don’t they?

• Curry Worsham says:

WP headline:
        Melania Trump delivers toys for tots amid Republican turmoil.

• bflyjesusgrl says:

I find the photo where she’s shaking the serviceman’s hand very odd. He’s the only one that is looking at her. No one to her left or on the back row is acknowledging her. Is she in a room full of DC liberals?? I don’t blame her for hanging out with the kids, that’s where the joy is!!

• GB Bari says:

Melania does not behave like royalty. She obviously has very sincere feelings towards all people who aren’t smug elitists. I think that sense of equality rubs off on whoever she is with or around.

OTOH, a still photo can be interpreted so many different ways. I would want to see a 20 minute video of the affair before I judged anyone’s interactions or lack thereof with the First Lady.

• Tom Rowlands says:

She was shaking the hand of the person behind him. Look closer to see.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

7. Kokanee says:

She is an amazing woman.

8. Vor Day says:

Oh my, I sure hope all these toys are politically correct. But then, are there any toys left, that children like anyway, that the fascist leftist haven’t declare hate crimes ?

9. G. Combs says:

What a beautiful First Lady inside and out. It is so sad the Fake News is so mean spirited and absolutely refuses to feature her.

10. WSB says:

And The First Lady’ boots will go viral. patrick, do we know whose these are by?

11. kea says:

I love it!!!!

12. VeritasVincit says:

In the midst of an all out war against her by liberals, she just keeps on loving and loving,

13. bessie2003 says:

Hope this link works. The entire video is 42 minutes long.

I discovered it after getting frustrated listening to the googl guy and channel scanning was able to find the entire event live online. Have chased it down and found the full version on C-Span. It’s was such a lovely change from watching the politicians play their concern game with their google donor.

Here’s the link:

• jeans2nd says:

Fox always uploads these events as well (for those who d/l the vids and watch later…)

• annieoakley says:

She always gets down on the level of the little ones, never forceful, always respectful. First class and genuine.

• GB Bari says:

Great candid video of our First Lady interacting with the children and the adults. She sure looked as gracious as ever and the kids all looked very comfortable around her. There was a lot of commotion around the room so the still photo above that looked like the adults were ignoring her was misleading. She was spending a few minutes with and greeting everyone that she could meet but especially – the children.

14. Shiggz says:

Based on her mothering and small town background I should not be surprised she has been such a classy first lady.

15. Steele81 says:

She continues to bless this country with her joy and love and strength. She is amazing.

16. 🍺Gunny66 says:

True story:

I was a Marine Corps recruiter in Fremont, Ohio. I participated in the Annual Toys for Tots program. The Marine Corps has been sponsoring it for years.

Well a requirement of the program is that only “Brand New Toys” will be accepted. Then they are distributed to “ the needy children” of the community.

No politics, that is just how they work it to try to ensure the kids are actually needy

Anyway, people used to come into my Recruiting Station to donate toys……mostly used toys, but they did not know about the “New Toy” requirement. so I thanked them, and just put the toys in the back room in boxes.

I did not want to seem crude or rude saying “we only accept new toys”

Thought I’d would do something later with them. Did not know what. Maybe just throw them away. Who would want used toys for Christmas?

One day a lady walked into my office and asked if it was here that she could get some toys from the Toys for Tots program. She says: She had three kids, so if she could have three she would be very thankful.

I told her we only gave away the Toys at an announced time, and that they were New Toys…….She started to leave but then I told her I had a whole bunch of toys in the back, but they were all “used”. She said it did not matter. She would take a look.

She came from the back room with hands full of used toys, crying her eyes out.
    Thanking me because her kids were now going to have a nice Christmas.

Touched my heart.

It happened several more times until all the used toys donated were gone.

To me, that was better than the program requiring the new toys.

The poor mom’s and dad’s just wanted their kids to have a nice Christmas

My Sgt, Maj. found out I did not do the program as instructed.

He bought me quite a few beers and left it at that.

17. Annie says:

Gunny…Sniff, sniff….

18. woohoowee says:

The last photo is my fave – capturing the sheer joy on First Lady Melania’s face is priceless 🙂

• Newton Love says:

Melania is truly gracious. Her honesty shines like a beacon. Her genuine love for all children is obvious. there is no guile or deceit in her at all. The best 1st Lady ever!

19. listingstarboard says:

I love the additional highlights in her hair-it is beautiful.

20. treehouseron says:

Toys 4 Tots is one of my favorite charities, I donate every year, and haven’t yet this year, but I will tomorrow since the beautiful First Lady reminded us to today 🙂

What I like about the charity is that they have very little overhead, more bang for your buck 🙂

21. wodiej says:

The goodness in this lady brought me to tears after seeing this especially the little girl that gave her a big hug. Her “Be Best” initiative is right on target. We have too many kids who need a better childhood so they can be a better adult. God Bless You First Lady Melania.

22. carole says:

Every time I see even a picture of our First Lady Melania Trump, it makes me smile. She is a beautiful person inside and out. Very grateful for her.