Judge Brett Kavanaugh releases the following letter amid the face of malicious allegations from two politically motivated accusers.

Dear Chairman Grassley and Ranking Member Feinstein: When I testified in front of the Senate three weeks ago, I explained my belief that fair process is foundational to justice and to our democracy.

At that time, I sat before the Senate Judiciary Committee for more than 31 hours and answered questions under oath. I then answered more questions at a confidential session. The following week, I responded to more than 1,200 written questions, more than have been submitted to all previous Supreme Court nominees combined.

Only after that exhaustive process was complete did I learn, through the news media, about a 36year-old allegation from high school that had been asserted months earlier and withheld from me throughout the hearing process. First it was an anonymous allegation that I categorically and unequivocally denied. Soon after the accuser was identified, I repeated my denial on the record and made clear that I wished to appear before the Committee. I then repeated my denial to Committee investigators—under criminal penalties for false statements. All of the witnesses identified by Dr. Ford as being present at the party she describes are on the record to the Committee saying they have no recollection of any such party happening. I asked to testify before the Committee again under oath as soon as possible, so that both Dr. Ford and I could both be heard. I thank Chairman Grassley for scheduling that hearing for Thursday.

Last night, another false and uncorroborated accusation from 35 years ago was published. Once again, those alleged to have been witnesses to the event deny it ever happened. There is now a frenzy to come up with something—anything—that will block this process and a vote on my confirmation from occurring.

These are smears, pure and simple. And they debase our public discourse. But they are also a threat to any man or woman who wishes to serve our country. Such grotesque and obvious character assassination—if allowed to succeed—will dissuade competent and good people of all political persuasions from service.

As I told the Committee during my hearing, a federal judge must be independent, not swayed by public or political pressure. That is the kind of judge I will always be. I will not be intimidated into withdrawing from this process. The coordinated effort to destroy my good name will not drive me out. The vile threats of violence against my family will not drive me out. The last minute character assassination will not succeed.

I have devoted my career to serving the public and the cause of justice, and particularly to promoting the equality and dignity of women. Women from every phase of my life have come forward to attest to my character. I am grateful to them. I owe it to them, and to my family, to defend my integrity and my name. I look forward to answering questions from the Senate on Thursday.

Sincerely,

Brett M. Kavanaugh

(pdf version)

This entry was posted in Cold Anger, Cultural Marxism, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, propaganda, Supreme Court, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,050 Responses to Judge Brett Kavanaugh: “I will not be intimidated into withdrawing from this process”…

1. Howie says:

Rush is right. Unless the Republicans man up they will lose the mids. It may be what they want. I think Trump must strike. Strike now. hard and fast.

2. jmclever says:

One thing I have learned in the last two years is that having nothing to hide gives a person a certain brand of boldness that is almost tangible. Having nothing to hide doesn’t mean you’ve never done anything wrong or made mistakes per se. It means you own them, learn from them, make amends when necessary, and move on.

This is the Lion’s courage that POTUS Trump and Brett Kavanaugh have. This courage empowers them to fight and win, and it’s this kind of courage that Americans admire.

• AModerateMan says:

Nice jm… really well put, even the judge said tonight that no one is perfect yet he shows great courage. I also don’t hear leftists talking about tolerance as a trait anymore.

3. furrcats says:

Kavanuagh is kicking ass 👍👨‍⚖️

4. Eberhard says:

I thought Kavanaugh had the perfect demeanor. This is a man accused of aggressive impulsive behavior. But there was no anger or aggression in his measured response. To me, he looked hurt, devastated almost. He gave the Liars no red meat. He looked to me, at times, like he might even tear up with the unfairness and frustration of it all.

• jahealy says:

I agree about his demeanor. He’s hurt. Which only serves to make me more furious at the entire situation.

• covfefe999 says:

I get the feeling he’s most hurt because of what this is doing to his daughters and to his wife.

It’s going to be a great day when he’s confirmed. A great day.

• sat0422 says:

Just think of all the precious men and boys in your life. Is this what they will get when entering High School, College and careers? I believe there is a women’t war against men and we (Women of Character and Faith) must not let the progressive liberal pussy hat wearing crowd take control of our country.

• notunderwhelmed says:

Once again, California born & raised — SF Bayarea– teacher — once liberal — and yet — I am not deaf, blind, and ignorant. I #walkedaway years ago. This crazy, communist bullshit needs to cease and desist. I did my research and determined what was glaringly obvious. This wil be an uphill fight from now on. Republicans are also only as “good” as they are forced to be. This is Trump’s party — and damn them and their globalist masters to hell if they are not on board. Get your asses out there and vote. This is war for our nation.

5. Howie says:

I would rather pass a kidney stone than have to contend with democrat reptiles.

• mztore says:

Makes one wonder what the demonrats are going to do when the voters decide to take them up on their latest……always believe the supposed victim when they are accused of dirty deeds.. Turn about is fair play huh?

• Texian says:

ooooh.. that’s pretty bad.. I remember one evening offshore the barge medic requested our diver medic get one of the morphine vials out of our diver medical kit for one of the riggers who passed a stone.. he was screaming in agony.. everybody knew when the morphine hit him.. it finally got quiet.. they choppered him in to the hospital..

• CA M says:

Because you know the kidney stone will at least pass and go away!

6. jogreggre says:

We have so few good, decent, human beings in positions of power in this country. I pray for Judge Kavanaugh and his family.

7. Anon says:

Tucker’s opening segment might be his best ever.

8. apfelcobbler says:

Tucker’s got a great show tonite – some hard hitting remarks.

9. Howie says:

Then there is this.
    Republican favorability at 45%, Democrats at 44%
    Democrats generally have had the upper hand in favorability ratings
    Major gains for Republican Party within the party, including leaners

• Golfbro11 says:

Who knew?! I guess the insane Antifa loving party that thrives on destroying decent people doesn’t sit well with voters. Did I mention they are the party of Open Borders and abolish ICE. I mean the fact that the Dems have a favorability rating is SAD!

• Phil Bacon says:

The media carpet-bombing of every scurrilous, smutty and baseless accusation has an effect on the benighted masses. These polls are meaningless, just as the mob outside of Sen. Jeff Flake’s office at the Capitol (p.s. he has nothing to fear since he’s not running for anything)

Look at the faces of the young women in the crowd. What a contemptible life they have before them. Pity, pity, pity.

• The Tundra PA says:

I simply don’t trust any polls since 2016. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. You can make them say anything you want them to say. It’s all about suppression.

• sat0422 says:

My nephew says all the youngsters are in for the legalization of pot. Well, ain’t that just dandy. We have history classes that have taught or talked about how we fought for freedom and how grubby Dictators and Evil men have waged a war to gain power over us. This and all our young people can think about it getting stoned.
      SAD

• TakeBackOurRepublic says:

Based on the poll by party ID, more telling are the favorability figure changes in the last year (September 2017 to September 2018): Republicans 67% increase to 85%; Democraps 80% flatline to 80%. Republican major gain equals mid-term wins. #coldanger #redwave

10. notunderwhelmed says:

God help the RINOs if they allow this perverse, unsubstantiated debacle to move forward. The dim- and I do mean Dimocrats – are beyond redemption — politically and otherwise.

11. Mandy says:

““I believe that the committee investigators should reach out to Deborah Ramirez to question her under oath about what she is alleging happened,” Collins told reporters, when asked what she made of the latest allegation against Kavanaugh.

Asked if she believed Ramirez should appear at a Judiciary Committee hearing scheduled for Thursday, Collins added that she didn’t.

“No, because there hasn’t even been an interview of her yet and I think that needs to take place first,” Collins said.”

DISGUSTING human being, that Collins.

12. Katrina High says:

I believe Judge Kavanaugh every single word, honestly my question is what was a 15 yrs old child doing a party with older teens (if one ever occurred) was there no adult supervision. What parent would allow their just barely teenage daughter at a party with underage drinking (if a party ever occurred) again was there no adult supervision.

13. JoD says:

Dr. Carlson just gave the R’s a high colonic.
    “They don’t care about you.”
    Could be true, but not helping.

14. jogreggre says:

If Republican senators would simply do the right thing, they would win the support of the people. They are terrified of the media, which given it’s unconscionable bias, is understandable. But President Trump has worked around the media and spoken directly to the people, and so can the senators.

15. LouisianaTeaRose says:

Fellow Treepers,

Regardless of personal opinions about Fox, Martha McC, or the questions asked during the interview, you must consider the following:

1) Better now than Thursday to gird up, and Judge K actually brought up the sex part, very important too, it will serve his argument on Thursday. Its ugly, but he didnt get there of his own accord, remember where this travesty started

2) Judge K gave out that highly specific address for a reason! Heads up kinda thingy…

3) No slandering the opponent before D-day, he’s going into Thursday riding in on the high road

4) His Clarence Thomas moment will come, do not mistake this man for being a wimp…what we saw tonight is a man with incredible discretion and remarkable restraint.

Thank you, President Trump, for bringing this fine man to us, and we owe POTUS and Judge Kavanaugh a huge debt of gratitude for willingly walking into the lion’s den so we would be represented by Justice again.

• Waymore says:

Martha is not very sharp, and missed the address reference. She did not follow up, and Judge K was certainly not going to volunteer any information. She could have asked several questions about that address, but was too focused on her scripted questions. The attorney at the Thursday hearing will certainly ask about the address, and Judge K’s answers could make it a Perry Mason moment.

• MelH says:

I guess I’m not very sharp either. I totally missed “the address thing” and thought Martha asking if he was a virgin during high school and college was none of her damned business and not relevant because he had already stated his case about the party in question.

• mztore says:

Amen. Thanks for your words…..mine leave a lot to be desired.

16. Enoughisenough says:

EXACTLY why he needs to be confirmed. Out of all those involved in this vicious campaign to destroy this man, Brett Kavanaugh is the one who clearly stands for women. The others are willing to exploit REAL victims of abuse for political gain. They have set the “metoo” movement back eons, despite their feigned concern and compassion for those who have suffered abuse. By standing up to the lies, fabrications, and 30+ year allegations, Brett Kavanaugh has shown that he won’t be bullied into making decisions based on public pressure, and will continue to stand for women (AND men) assuring that they will be treated fairly according to law, and not the vitriol and histrionics of those willing to convict on innuendo with no supporting evidence.

17. PatriotKate says:

This will likely be over by Sunday. I believe Senator McConnell vowed to hold the vote on Sunday if necessary. These insane leftists will probably be even be worse when the Judge is Confirmed.

I would like to then see President Trump address the Nation before Justice Kavanaugh is sworn in. This is the lowest of the low and getting out of hand, already dangerous. The fabric of our Nation is very thin and shredding with large rips about to occur if we don’t do some emergency repair work.

He needs to repeat a modified version of that famous 5 minute speech, tell the Nation what he’s been doing (that he can tell, of course) to accomplish it. Economy. Trafficking. Drugs. Trade Relations. Tell the Nation that’s why all of these paid demonstrations and heavily funded fake protests are designed to tear us apart to prevent us from restoring our nation. And he vows not to allow that to happen. That’s what our Nation needs to hear now.

Then, encourage everyone to go vote, but to educate themselves on the facts before they automatically vote the way they are told. Think for themselves. Act for themselves.

I’m about ready to slide out of all this the balance of the week — right after I call a bunch of Senators again as I have in the past week.

Former Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachman famously coined it “Gangster Government”. So right she was.

18. Norman Franklin says:

When this nonsense is over, when judge K becomes justice K, when these infanticide worshiping whores are exposed as just more bit players in the continuing coup against a duly elected and loved President I hope, no I demand of these feckless repubs that we have the following national conversation. What is the statute of limitations on heavy petting/ #whatever. We need a ruling. 5 years, 10 years.Certainly not 20, 30, or 40 years? How can that be? As a man Kavanaughs age growing up in a similar environment I find it queer that we still haven’t settled this. Rape is a crime, assault is a crime. Violating someones safe space is not now, never will be, and never has been a crime. If the bathhouse class insists on holding to this fiction, insisting that girls never lie and never make stuff up I’m afraid this will not end well for them.

19. Enoughisenough says:

is it even possible for the left to ratchet it up from here should POTUS be fortunate enough to nominate another man/woman for SCOTUS? They are so incredibly hysterical (and transparent) that they are ensuring no one takes them seriously during this confirmation, and most certainly not for the next, should it happen. I talked to one of my FORMER lifelong Democrat neighbors this weekend. He plans on leaving the party, and while he isn’t registering as a Republican, he is switching to Independent. He is thoroughly disgusted by the travesty we are witnessing, and his exact words were “this could happen to me or one of my sons. I’ll be damned if I sit by and do nothing to stop it”.

• GB Bari says:

There is no limit to the depths of depravity to which the Left will go to protect their precious Roe v. Wade decision.

Never forget, Progressivism is the Left’s religion and Abortion is their Holy Sacrament.

• piper567 says:

Enough, thanks for the anecdote re your neighbor.
      That’s exactly what we want folks to take away from this evil circus!

20. joan and bill says:

ford was soooo tramatized by one 36 yo alleged groping which never interfered with her 64 sexual encounters between hs and college nor in her obtaining a phd , a job and a marriage .

21. sunnydaze says:

22. Trumpmendous says:

This thing that the Democrats are trying is very much like what college defenses do when playing teams with high tempo offenses. When the defense gets tired from chasing the high tempo offense around the field certain players are told to act like they are hurt to avoid having to take a time out or get caught without the right defenders on the field. In other words a delay tactic, which I am sure that you are all aware of. Dr. Ford will not show up on Thursday and the Democrats will demand that time be given to the next candidate that will willingly come close to perjuring herself and then won’t because she won’t show up either. When Dr. Ford doesn’t show up to testify on Thursday then a vote must be demanded and taken whether the Dems want to or not. Easy peasy.

23. kayray444 says:

I feel so bad for Judge Kavanaugh and esp his family. I’m praying for all of them.
    When the enemy shall come in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

24. Davenh says:

Personally I don’t think the lefts behavior will change until we mount a few heads above our mantle. High profile takedown. Inflict damage on them to show that we’re done with this crap. We’ll never have media support, so it should be irrefutable, I’m thinking her thighness ala U1? Maybe little barry? If anyone can pull this off it’s vsgpdjt MAGA👍