President Trump Welcomes FIFA President to The White House….

Today President Trump welcomed FIFA President Gianni Infantino and U.S. Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro to the White House for a meeting and discussion of the 2026 World Cup.

[Transcript] Oval Office – THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. We very much appreciate the fact that we have won a very important event: the World Cup in 2026. And we’ll be hosting it along with Mexico and Canada. And it’s a very special event. I think it’s probably certainly one of the biggest, and maybe the biggest sporting event in the world.

And soccer has come such a long way. Soccer is a game — I guess you call it “football.” But, over here, maybe at some point, they’ll change the name. I’m not sure, but we’ll see.

MR. INFANTINO: Lets see. Let’s see. We can negotiate that.

THE PRESIDENT: But it’s working very well either way. But I just want to thank Gianni Infantino for being here. He’s the president of FIFA and a highly respected man. In fact, when my son heard he was going to be here, he said, “Dad, I’d like to meet him.” So you’re pretty famous, right? Pretty important and pretty famous.

MR. INFANTINO: Yeah, it looks like it.

THE PRESIDENT: He likes — my son, Barron, loves soccer. And soccer has to be one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. And the job you’ve done is really fantastic, Gianni. So thank you very much.

And I want to also pay my respect to Carlos Cordeiro, who — as president, in this country, of soccer — has been incredibly instrumental in helping us to get the World Cup. And he’s worked so hard, so long. And they were calling me constantly to try to get me to come onboard, but it only took one call because when I heard “World Cup,” I wanted to do it.

And again, we want to thank you. It’s all signed up. It’s all set to go. And it’ll be a special event. I think it’s going to be something, really, very special.

And, Gianni, maybe I’d ask you to say a few words, and then Carlos.

MR. INFANTINO: Definitely. Well, thanks. Thanks, President, for welcoming us here. It’s a great honor to be here. And thanks for everything you are doing to support our sport as well. Obviously, 2026, the World Cup — biggest event — sporting event for sure, but probably even social event in the world.

We just had the World Cup in Russia. More than 4 billion viewers. The final only — over 1 billion viewers. It’s massive. It’s huge. So, in Russia, President, we said that you would organize the best World Cup ever. Right?

THE PRESIDENT: Right. Right.

MR. INFANTINO: And we did organize the best World Cup ever.

THE PRESIDENT: Right.

MR. INFANTINO: In the U.S., together with Canada and Mexico, we want to organize the greatest World Cup ever, if you agree.

THE PRESIDENT: Right, okay. Well, we’ll do it.

MR. INFANTINO: And for this, we will work together and do whatever we can to make sure that this be a fantastic event. But I’m looking very, very much forward — and the world is looking that much forward to that.

THE PRESIDENT: It’s very exciting. Everybody is talking about it, and it’s very exciting.

And Carlos.

MR. CORDEIRO: Well, Mr. President, thank you for hosting us today. For my part, for my federation — the U.S. Soccer Federation for the United Bid representing the U.S., Canada, and Mexico — we are really very honored. Very honored. Deeply honored to be hosting this event in 2026. It’s right around the corner. We have a lot for work to do, but we look forward to working with you and your administration.

Let me also thank you, Mr. President, for your help and support throughout the campaign — your written assurances and warranties. I think without out that we wouldn’t have won quite such a convincing victory. So thank you very much for that.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you, Carlos. And I have to also thank Bob Kraft, who I know that you were working very hard with. Bob originally called me and he said, “What do you think of the idea of trying to get the World Cup to the United States?” And I said, “I think we really like it.” And then we got Canada, we got Mexico involved, and we’re going to have a great partnership. And it’s going to be very special. I look forward to it.

So let’s see, 2026 — I won’t be here. I won’t be here. Maybe they’ll extend the term because I know they’d love to see some — (laughter.) Because if they don’t extend —

MR. INFANTINO: With good reason.

But we will — we will be there and it will be a very, very important and a very special event.

And I think, also, having it in the United States is very important for soccer.

MR. INFANTINO: It is. It is.

THE PRESIDENT: Especially in light of the fact that soccer has done so well.

MR. INFANTINO: Yeah, and it’s growing.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, my friend. I appreciate it very much.

MR. CORDEIRO: Mr. President.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

MR. INFANTINO: Mr. President, I have a little —

Q Mr. President, do you think Google should be investigated?

MR. INFANTINO: — I have a little thing for you. Can I give it to you first?

THE PRESIDENT: Sure. I’d love that. Thank you.

MR. INFANTINO: Before the questions come.

Q I have a question for you, too.

MR. INFANTINO: Thank you.

Q Can I ask him a question?

MR. INFANTINO: Yeah.

Q So I want to know if you guys are discussing —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: What — excuse me. Excuse me.

MR. INFANTINO: One second.

THE PRESIDENT: Can you just hold it. Where are you from?

Q Brazil.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Okay.

MR. INFANTINO: Soccer country.

Q We have the best team in the world. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Except it had a little problem last time.

Q A little bit.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Okay.

Q No fair. It wasn’t fair.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Let me stand up, Gianni.

MR. INFANTINO: And you are part of the FIFA team now.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s good. That’s good. Great. Thank you very much. That’s very nice.

MR. CORDEIRO: And if I could get the U.S. jersey.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Yes. Wow, look at that.

MR. INFANTINO: And no less with the President’s name.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s pretty good. Thank you. Thank you, fellas. That’s really very nice.

MR. INFANTINO: And one more thing that could be useful for you. You know, in soccer, we have referees, right?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Right.

MR. INFANTINO: And they have cards. Yellow cards and red cards. Yellow card is a warning. And when you want to kick out someone — (inaudible). (Laughter.) Like this.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s true. That’s true. Right? That’s very good.

MR. INFANTINO: So this could be useful. I don’t know.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I like that.

MR. INFANTINO: That’s for you.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I like that.

MR. CORDEIRO: The next media session.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you very much. Thank you, Carlos. Congratulations.

Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you.

Q (Inaudible) with Mexico about paying for the wall?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Yeah. The wall will be paid for very easily by Mexico. It will ultimately be paid for by Mexico.

Q Do you think that Google should be investigated?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Yeah, I think Google has really taken advantage of a lot of people. And I think that’s a very serious thing, and it’s a very serious charge. I think what Google and what others are doing — if you look at what’s going on at Twitter, if you look at what’s going on in Facebook, they better be careful, because you can’t do that to people. You can’t do it.

We have tremendous — we have literally thousands and thousands of complaints coming in. And you just can’t do that. And so I think that Google and Twitter and Facebook, they’re really treading on very, very troubled territory. And they have to be careful. It’s not fair to large portions of the population.

Okay. Thank you very much everybody.

END 3:00 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Canada, Donald Trump, Mexico, NAFTA, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to President Trump Welcomes FIFA President to The White House….

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“And so I think that Google and Twitter and Facebook, they’re really treading on very, very troubled territory.”

Will they heed the warning?
    Probably not.

• SwampRatTerrier says:

Their Leftist-Globalist slave masters will let them commit suicide.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Why Is The Cabal Sacrificing Facebook?

“…Zuckerberg tried so hard to appeal to the Cabal. He first took new sever measurements to oppress the conservatives. Flagged all conservative content. Marked them as inappropriate or offensive and when none of these were enough, put up a disgusting poll on whether or not men should ask nude pictures of minors. We know the Cabal loves to engage minors in their dark activities….”

“….But the reason is not what you think.

There is new Sheriff in town.

The shift of power in China and Saudi Arabia who are working with President Trump is the reason….”

“…..The lucrative business of selling your private information called “Facebook” is blowing up. Zuckerberg has been called twice to testify before the Congress. The spying scandal of the Obama administration is under scrutiny and Susan Rice has so much to worry. China’s support is gone. Prince Al-Waleed is in jail and his assets are frozen.

The Cabal has too much to protect to care about the Zuck buddy. He has never been more than a tool and her Majesty Hillary Clinton now, getting close to the midterm elections in November 2018, recognizes the Facebook to be at her disadvantage.

It’s over. The trans-human Mark Zuckerberg is another piece of meat to be slaughtered in the middle of Jackal’s war and the shift of power just like Harvey Weinstein. When a scandal breaks the surface and there is no way to cover it up anymore, The Cabal takes distance and becomes too busy between overthrowing a sitting President in a coup attempt and saving their dirty faces to be worried for a tool piece like the little Zuck.”

• Aline Iffergan says:

Google Is Committed To The Suppression in 2016 in favor of Hilary against Trump

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“THE PRESIDENT: — the media is going to be very boring. It’s going to be very boring. They’ll all be out of business, I guess.”

Our VSGPDJT sure got a nice little jab there to the fake news MSM
    ==============

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s true. That’s true. Right? That’s very good.

MR. INFANTINO: So this could be useful. I don’t know.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I like that.

I guess the folks that participate in the “social media” things can watch out for tweets about red cards now.

3. FL_GUY says:

That was so cool. They gave President Trump Soccer Ref cards: Yellow for “Warning” and Red for “Outta There” and suggested he use them at the next Press Conference!!!! EVERYBODY worldwide is on to the the Fake News Media-Rats! I LUV it!!!!!!!

• Kenji says:

As a former licensed, Grade 6 State Referee … I say that President Trump properly displayed a Red Card to the assembled Press for “serious foul play” … following a Yellow card for “persistent foul play”.

He just needs to brush up his Red Card etiquette. To display the card by holding it prominently, vertically, if shown to an individual player (hint; Pres. Trump … you don’t throw the card at the Press). And if he is showing the card to the whole bench/coach of the Press … you don’t even show the card … you just send them all OFF the field of play. And then let the Federation issue their suspension … I recommend a LONG suspension for the flagrancy and repeated Fouls by the Press … at least until December 2018

• aGrimm says:

Kenji: Grade 6; impressive! That takes a lot of dedication and commitment. I got invited to the National Referee camp but didn’t get selected. I really didn’t want to make the commitment anyway, but it was an honor to be invited.

• Kenji says:

I got very into it for a while when volunteer coaching my three kids competitive soccer teams, and volunteer refereeing (because we never had enough referees). I found refereeing a bit like doing crossword puzzles … a personal challenge to get things right, and improve my own experience and awareness. As I moved up into higher age groups the challenge got bigger and bigger. Refereeing a U18 (mostly Hispanic) boy’s game is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done. Managing the mayhem and tricks pulled by the players (hormonally-saturated young men), the outrageous (at times) parents and coaches on the sidelines … and then try doing it with NO AR’s who failed to show up … with volunteer parents pulling offside flags every time their own kids team was being overrun. Trying to control the match so RED cards didn’t have to be pulled for violent conduct … sheesh … I wonder how I made it off the fields alive in a couple fractious matches. It got easier and easier, the more difficult matches I did … but just when you think you’re prepared for anything … something completely crazy occurs that you’ve never seen before … and you have a split second to make a decision. It’s a LOT harder than most people think … to do it well … and not become a factor in the run of play. It was incredibly challenging.

• Kenji says:

Oh, and yes it is a very high honor … congratulations on being invited. You must be quite good.

4. Landslide says:

World Cup here in 2026: Excellent!

Red ref card thrown towards the media: Brilliant!!

“The wall will ultimately be paid for by Mexico”: Fantastico!!!!

5. Minnie says:

We ❤️ President Donald J. Trump 🦁

6. splat! says:

Well I just want to know one thing.

Are they gonna put Mitt Romney in charge of it?

7. History Teaches says:

Next to the Olympic Organizing Committee, FIFA is the worst, corrupt sports organization. So many scandals over so many decades. A pure globalist oriented entity as well.

The demands they make on cities for their own special privileges and excessive comforts are well known. Not to mention bribery, political motives, quid pro quo operating methods.

Better be careful before getting enticed by appearances and the spectacle.

• Chuck says:

Add the UCI (cycling) in there and you have the trifecta of corruption. Let’s not even bring up the NFL…..

• Kenji says:

Very true … EXCEPT … FIFA has been reorganizing in response to decades of corruption. Much like this country is in a “healing phase” with PDJT at the controls, so too is FIFA attempting to HEAL itself. In fact the awarding of the 2026 WC to the USA … is indicative of their reformation AWAY from leftist globalism.

For the most part, I find FIFA to be the best Sport Commission ever. Unlike the pathetic response to doping/steroids/HGH like the MLB … FIFA has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. Random testing, and lifetime bans. They don’t fkcu-around like a pathetic MLB … and even more pathetic NFL.

• Reloader says:

So this “FIFA” is some kind of European Sports organization? Are we supposed to care? It seems odd that VSGPDJT is having those people in his office. But I guess he knows more about it than I do. Only sports we like in our house are Race Car events and Hockey.

8. Derek says:

Wow so trump got the us the olympics in 2028 and World Cup in 2026.. awesome job

9. Dolorruborcalor says:

Good Heavens, not that bunch lurking around. They have as long a rap sheet as Chicago politicians. I remember watching one of their many management criminals (Sepp Blatter I believe) chanting “Long live FIFA” as he was circling the indictment drain. And then there is this…

10. Fake Nametag says:

It was probably unintentional but did anyone catch the potential subliminal dig at the NFL?

“Soccer is a game — I guess you call it “football.” But, over here, maybe at some point, they’ll change the name. I’m not sure, but we’ll see.”

Hopefully after the NFL kills itself off with its stupidity, the name “football” will be available for soccer.

• Kenji says:

Agreed. BTW … in my local area … HS football probably won’t exist in another couple years. In our zip code 97% of all HS graduates go to college. The parents are no longer allowing their kids to play a sport that can cause brain degeneration. Their kids are going to Stanford to get an elite degree and paycheck … not to run around and get hit in the head. I spoke to a parent last week who said by the time his 7th grader gets to HS, there won’t be enough players to field a team. American football is DONE in my upper middle class SF Bay Area community. Done. Finished.

I wonder if that will ever happen in Texas.

11. All I want to know is do the soccer players stand for the National Anthem?

• Kenji says:

No national anthems are played in the EPL … however they do demonstrably celebrate “Remembrance Day” with the wearing of poppy’s … essentially, the entire month of November is “Remembrance Month” acknowledging WWI Armistace Day. It is quite a spectacle throughout the UK. … BUT … there are many leftists in the English FA (football association … the equivalent to the NFL Commissioner) and in FIFA that have tried to BAN any such “political” demonstrations in “their” football Association. Most clubs have ignored any such restrictions and continue to have moments of silence, presentations, etc. FIFA has attempted to BAN any such “nationalistic” expressions by their member clubs. So far, the English have said .., shove off!!

12. “Nellie Ohr’s relationship with Steele goes back to the early-2000s or even earlier. Bruce Ohr’s relationship with Steele began long before Trump’s presidential bid. It goes back to Steele’s 2009 FIFA corruption investigation. Bruce was then chief of the Organized Crime and Racketeering section in the DOJ which had a keen interest in the early stages of the case.”

from: https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/the-mechanics-of-deception/

I wonder if President Trump is getting info on Steele from this meeting?

13. TJ says:

I told a YUGE soccer fan(wears different shirts from big city teams throughout the world), that the world cup was coming a month ago when Trump first mentioned it. They didn’t believe me.

I said, the President announced it, and they said, “well, who knows, with what he says”. This person is not hyper political or partisan. They looked it up and were shocked, but had this look of confusion, like they were in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Now that they know, it’s all I’m hearing from them. “Did you know, they’re expanding to 48 teams for the 2026…did you know…did you know…”

I’ll show them this video in case they miss it. Thanks.

Winning.

14. whizzbang says:

Who was that punk on the left in the very first pic? Why is he standing with his hands in his pockets in the presence of the President of the United States of America?

I suspect he is euro-trash. Please correct me if I am wrong.