This afternoon President Trump will deliver remarks on tariffs, trade and jobs in Granite City, Illinois following his tour of the Granite City Works steel plant.  The anticipated start time was 3:40pm; however, POTUS is running approximately 30 mins behind schedule.

UPDATE: Video Added

WH Livestream LinkFox News Livestream LinkAlternate Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Economy, Election 2018, energy, Environmentalism, European Union, media bias, NAFTA, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

166 Responses to President Trump Delivers Trade and Jobs Speech in Granite City, Illinois – 4:00pm Livestream…

1. goddessoftheclassroom (@goddesofthecl1) says:

“America! America! God shed His grace on thee”…and somehow, beyond all understanding, He allowed the people who love this country to elect Donald Trump.

FYI: according to my “demographic,” I should be a Democrat (spit). Not to brag but to explain: I am an upper middle class woman with advanced degrees and old money. I am a public school teacher. I am a Christian (Russian Orthodox). I am divorced because my ex betrayed me and our boys. I literally dropped to my knees to praise God when I woke up at 3 something AM the day after Election Day to discover that Pennsylvania went to Donald Trump, and he won the election.

I am humbly grateful to have found a home here.

• fred5678 says:

Too bad you couldn’t stay up till 5 AM, as I did here in central time FL panhandle, which OVERWHELMINGLY went to DJT.

Watching the NYT probability ,meter slowly and surely go to 100%, while joining fellow Treepers here to celebrate in real-time commenting — unforgettable.

• goddessoftheclassroom (@goddesofthecl1) says:

LOL! Since I have to be up at 0-dark- thirty to get ready for school, I went to bed before 10 PM, resigned to a (spit) Hillary win.
        I often wake up in the middle of the night. That night/morning, of course I had to see where things were. I will remember for the rest of my life the feeling of utter thankfulness I had when I knew Donald Trump won.
        Don’t you think the day after Election Day should be a national holiday? 🙂

• I had a very similar experience. So happy we are blessed with our VSGPDJT

• webgirlpdx says:

goddess: great story. Living on the west coast I could feel things turning before I left work that night 🙂 Their manipulation was so obvious when they wouldn’t call some states like NC and FL until OR/WA/CA polls closed as to not appear as a total blow out for the hag.

I’m happy I got to watch it all — and LSM tears early and could hit the sack and sleep like a baby.

National Holiday indeed!

• donna kovacevic says:

I am in Canada and was watching, my daughter lives in another city 2 hours away and around 2am she called me all excited Mom Trump won yippee, I said God Is Great and yes I know.

• Mariposa323 says:

We all had similar experiences , I truly believe God intervened in a HUGE way and smiled mercifully on the good people of the Republic…. I felt it the day before the election … something electric , like a switch was being turned on.

• daughnworks247 says:

We have a Goddess! How cool is that!!!

• goddessoftheclassroom (@goddesofthecl1) says:

You are too kind! Several years ago, a whiny student asked,”Why do we have to do this?” I answered, “Because I’m the Goddess of the Classroom and I say so.” I ALWAYS explain the “why” of what I’m teaching when it’s sincerely asked, but I have limited patience with whiners and time-wasters.

• Steve Herman says:

DW and I returned home from a college basketball game approx 930 pm EST when the turn started to show up in the election ###s. When Wisconsin was called and PDJT was declared Prez-elect, the DW and I were doing the Snoopy Dog Dance in the middle of the living room.

• Carrie2 says:

goddess, I was an election clerk and after closing down and counting everything so everything matched, and them packing everything up so I did not come back to my home until late and fearful too of Hillary winning because while clerking no outside information allowed. When I asked my husband who won and he said Trump I and you truly were crying for God saving our country. As I am in CA this was even more remarkable altho CA won’t tell you but 40% did vote for Trump here. God heard and we won and continue winning. Back to real freedom and rights. I lived and worked under socialism for years and it is only about 1/2 step below communism (dictatorship as in Cuba, Venezuela, and elsewhere, and even being pushed in our America because of ignorance of lousy education and outsiders and the DNC going rogue communist in 1963 has caused us to wake up and say we are going to take back our Republic and with Trump MAGA!

• tuskyou says:

I worked as an election judge (that’s what they’re called in Illinois). When I finally got home I stayed up all night to watch the coverage and his speech. Then I drove to 2 gas stations at 4:30am to get newspapers. I have it written down: 11/9/16 @1:40am (my time). This is when all the talking heads were forced to choke out the words “Donald Trump has just become the 45th President of the United States”.

I was so freakin tired I couldn’t sleep but couldn’t jump up and celebrate either. I felt a wave of deep relief wash over me. Sweet relief.

• kiskiminetas says:

I sat in our living room and watched the television waiting for the corrupt media to give in and have to say that Trump won the election. It was going on 3 am when they finally” said VSGDJT had won. It was one of the happiest times in my life. I went to bed with a smile on my face and gratefulness in my heart that God gave Trump to us. I have loved that man ever since.

• Dick_Turpin says:

May God bless you and your children

• Michaela says:

Hi Goddess, I too am from PA and work in Public Schools. I am a straight female, btw. Don’t come from money, but would love to chat with you over coffee, a beer or a glass of wine. I am always looking for way to support this movement.

• MagaKathryn says:

I was one of the lucky ones …. live in California. I didn’t watch a single second of our 2016 election, as I never dreamed Donald Trump had a chance. My boyfriend kept telling me I had to watch Trump! On election night I stayed up way past my bedtime …. one of the best nights of my life!!

• margarite1 says:

Here is my story:
      Starting on August 30th I was in and out of the hospital doing a pretty good imitation of someone not long for this world. I could barely walk but had my absentee ballot sent to me (my doctors/hospital were in another city) and got a taxi to take me to the post office. Somehow I made it in to mail by ballot – fortunately there were no steps. On election night I went to sleep – certain that we would win – I just didn’t see how it could be any other way.

BTW – I’m fine now so that’s 2 miracles in this one little story.

• Hun Driver Widow says:

We all have a duty to get our friends and family out to vote in November! We have got to give President Trump more conservatives. We absolutely must defeat these truly evil, insane Liberals. Let’s roll!!!

• peace says:

I loved reading your comment because I can so relate. I too should be a dem (spit, spit). I also am an upper middle class woman with advanced degrees (Ed.D) and teach in a public high school in blue Illinois. I didn’t go to be bed until Pa. was called. I cried tears of joy when our VSGPOTUS won. I will never, ever forget that day. What happened in Granite City today should be the headlines of our fake Daily Herald tomorrow wihich will instead probably feature some anti-Trump tidbit.

• Madi says:

Welcome ….In deed God has a “plan” for us. Americans and all peoples.
      Resist hate and Divion, United we stand
      I am not tired to win
      President Trump
      MAGA

2. Ausonius says:

Local ABC affiliate here in Columbus, Ohio concentrated on the protesters, showed the protesters’ signs, talked about how packed the area was with protesters, had an interview with one woman protester, and did admit that “anti-protesters” (i.e. Trump supporters) were also present.

Basically nothing about the message of the economy and manufacturing making a comeback.

And this is the bias at a local station!

3. daughnworks247 says:

That was a different kind of a speech at the end. After the employees, he went off script, started talking about NATO and the press. It was like he knew other networks were covering him, so he was talking to new voters, convincing them of his plans for America, and he was warning people about the negative media. He explained his strategy slowly and deliberately. Very persuasive.

4. MAJA says:

I love that he calls Ivanka “honey”, like all dads call their daughters.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

The word in China today is “Soybeans”…..snicker.

• Donna in Oregon says:

In my best French accent…..”Today, our special dish, for your enjoyment, is the luscious ‘Soybean'” Snort!

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Whoa, whoa whoa whooooooaaaaa (di di di di di dee dee dee dee dee dee…)
      Whoa, whoa whoa whooooooaaaaa (di dah di di dah di di dah di di dah di …)
      Whoa, whoa whoa whooooooaaaaa (di di di di di dee dee dee dee dee dee…)

Everybody was Tofu fighting,
      They were fast as lightning,
      And it was a little bit frightning,
      What those Tacos and Burritos were hiding…

• Michaela says:

OMG, that was too cute.

• Janie M. says:

Cuppa, I read food labels on occasion… and I have noticed, “soy protein” is included in the ingredients listing, probably to augment some meat products (on frozen pizzas, especially). I have wondered if it also happens with the fast food burgers people buy. That may be why McD’s has said, “2 all beef patties” in their commercials.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Yep, the fabled “mystery meat” 🙂 I’ve seen it used a lot as an extender, and sometimes as a sort of flavor-enhancer (flavor-“dehancer”?). Back in the ancient days of yore, folks would use finely-chopped onions, shredded bread, and a raw egg as extenders and enhancers to ground beef. Worked well, and was nutritious too when there wasn’t enough ground round to go around 🙂

Nestle also has this habit of saying “Our Promise: Good ingredients for good taste. Without flavor-enhancer additives”. Hmmm. What is yeast extract doing in something that isn’t a baking mix??? Sigh… Beats MSG, though.

• Janie M. says:

Cuppa, wasn’t it was in the late 80’s, early 90’s where we, collectively, went through a “beef is bad for you” mantra which eventually included butter. 🙄 I bought a bag of soy granules and a cookbook. I also use to purchase those tubs of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.” Those trends were short-lived for me.

I still use the chopped onion, shredded bread and egg add-ins for ground beef because they taste good and they help to firm up the ground beef so it maintains its loaf form. I reverted back to butter because of the taste, margarine is flavorless. When the reports of trans fats in margarine came out, I felt vindicated. Besides, takes less butter (than margarine) to get good flavor.

Good explanation here on the difference between yeast and yeast extract – the extract is nutritious and plain yeast is not:

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

The problem for me was that Maggi was claiming they were using no enhancements, when in point of fact they were. Maggi (before they were bought) didn’t used to do that.
              Also, Nestle is telling the folks in Vittel (town of the water with that name) that THEY, Nestle, have superior rights to the water, over the town. Which is sinking.

Some friends of ours live near there, and we toured the (for lack of a better term) shrine to water. Interesting. And some of the water is piped up to a fountain display, where you can fill your own cup/bottle with Vittle, fresh from the well, as it were. Nice place, though.

And recently making the rounds is another “I Can’t Believe it’s not”… 🙂

• Janie M. says:

I’ve never used any Maggi products and believe the product you spoke of may be similar to one I use for brown gravies/sauces, etc. My mother used Kitchen Bouquet when I was a child and I’ve carried on that tradition. Ingredients listing did not cause me any concerns. Don’t know if it’s available in Europe.

One would think Nestle is aware it is causing a potential environmental crisis if Vittel is sinking. What about surrounding towns? I suspect Vittel’s officials are powerless against a major international corporation. Who could remedy the sinking water table? Moreover, they may have had their pockets lined… you know – a common practice all over the world, including here. Doubt the EU has a governing body willing to intercede. because it affects the peon citizenry.

Loved the Novichok meme. Funny, yet kind of sad.

6. agentcommonsense says:

And the crowd goes wild.. Steel

\

7. Clarioncaller says:

Just remember, there is NO such thing as a ‘moderate’ democrat. Even ‘moderate’ Joe Manchin voted with Chucky Cheese about 90% of the time. We have to give the President a little legislative ‘wiggle room’ by sending some of these closet ‘cultural marxists’ home in November.

8. zorrorides says:

All us Treepers happy cheepin’ in a harmony flock on our branches
    here at The Last Refuge Resort And Spa
    together our hearts overflow for loving America
    We were hurt so bad by our country losing and leaving us
    Beyond and past whatever we did, it didn’t work
    Ahh but God, and Donald Trump
    and Donald Trump

Folks, when you talk about Donald Trump on these CTH pages, I think he reads it and he hears you. This is the only place online where Mr Trump can get feedback By People Who Understand What He Is Trying To Do.

9. NJF says:

Saw this at the_donald. Outside the plant POTUS visited today.

Winning is good.

• covfefe999 says:

That literally brings tears to my eyes. And then I get angry recalling Obama saying that some jobs are never coming back and people need to be retrained, or whatever the heck stupid crap he said. What a miserable weak pathetic twit he was. I wish someone would tweet that photo to him.

• GB Bari says:

Obozo knows. He doesn’t care.
        He and his entire fraud of an Administration are being flushed into the cesspool of forgetful history.

• Janie M. says:

covfefe999…” I get angry recalling Obama saying that some jobs are never coming back and people need to be retrained, or whatever the heck stupid crap he said.” And to that end, what did he do? ozero did ZERO.

• covfefe_USA says:

Awesome.

10. Michaela says:

How does he keep up? What vitamins does he take. I want his doctor and I am 20 years younger. I don’t have that kind of stamina.

11. CNN_sucks says:

We should stay vigilant and vote on midterm election. Our beloved PDJT needs our help to put all his MAGA candidates in Congress. Remember, we have the uniparty, antifa, leftists, socialists, globalists ,freeloaders, fbi and doj working overtime to destroy our president. Vote MAGA.

12. White Apple says:

I am a stock trader and watched my charts on election night. When Hillary won a State the Market would go down. When Trump won a State the market would go up. I knew by my stock charts the moment Trump won.

However, I saw this poll of 1,000 registered voters from each State (50,000) equally democrat, republican and independent. This was in July prior to the election and it had Trump the winner by a very comfortable margin. I never worried about Trump being elected President after I becoming aware of this poll taken in July 2016.

• jello333 says:

Was watching TV, keeping score with online vote-tally sites, and of course reading with my friends here in the Treehouse. And one thing that was really amazing: There was very little hand wringing. Oh, a little nervousness from time to time, but whenever someone would start to go out on the ledge, several others would say Calm down, we’ve got this. Yes, even when we were behind for awhile. The confidence level here, as compared to almost all other pro-Trump websites, was just amazing.

And we have Sundance to thank for that! He told us to ignore most polls, to pay close attention to rallies and speeches, to note all the anecdotal evidence we’d been seeing leading up to that day. He never wavered, which allowed most of us here to relax and enjoy the night, which otherwise would have been too stressful to endure.

13. Wretched1 says:

What an amazing speech, just when you thought his last one was his best. He was among the patriots and workers who represent the backbone of America – Steel; and he paid them the credit they deserved (along with the miners and the people who get the raw materials to the mills).

Who writes these speeches? No matter, he was off script and speaking from his heart more often than not. Fantastic sense of pride and patriotism this man has for “US.”

Favorite line? Too many to list; but, at the end, he was all about the deploreables, those of us who just go to work and do our jobs.

I needlessly worry about most everything. What are we gonna do after his 2nd term?

God bless and watch over this amazing individual!

14. Sue says:

🇱🇷Loved it. What a phenomenal president you have. I watched every bit of it and even teared up in some of it. I’m so jealous that you have him as your president. As your leader your country is really prospering. God bless the United States of America. And may God bless New Zealand with a strong leader to lead them into the future. 🇳🇿
    Great share. Thanks conservative tree house.