President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump arrive at Blenheim Palace for a black tie dinner in their honor held by British Prime Minister Theresa May. Video of the Official Welcoming Ceremony below:

President Trump and First Lady Melania were greeted by the Welsh, Irish and Scots Guards’ bands. The performance included Amazing Grace featuring a bagpipe solo, as well as Liberty Fanfare and the National Emblem. Blenheim Palace was built in the early 18th century and was the ancestral seat of Sir Winston Churchill, who was born there in 1874.

This entry was posted in Brexit, Donald Trump, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized, United Kingdom (UK) and Great Britain. Bookmark the permalink.

323 Responses to Prime Minister May Presents President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump Official Welcoming Ceremony at Blenheim Palace…

1. Publius2016 says:

wow beauty grace charm and Melania is not so bad either!

2. kea says:

Nice… BUT…Saudi Arabia gave a better welcome. I mean come on massive red carpet and swords!!!!

3. WSB says:

Just exquisite!

4. aqua says:

A beautiful couple, our President and First Lady, in a lovely setting filled with history and the legacy of Sir Winston Churchill fighting for our collective freedom not all that many years ago.

No problem too deep that cannot be fixed if one has the will and the strength to keep moving forward.

Britain, you could fix your problems if are so inclined….

5. Minnie says:

Stunningly graceful and elegant.

Thank you President and First Lady Trump, for proudly representing our beautiful America 🇺🇸

6. Steve says:

What’s Woody Allen doing there?

7. vikingmom says:

“We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.” Winston Churchill

How far Great Britain has fallen in less than 100 years! Now they are rolling over and allowing their nation to be destroyed with nary a word of protest!

• Turranos says:

The U.K. situation is a very sad spectacle. I certainly hope that somewhere, somehow there is a spark that awakens the British people so that they move to save themselves.

• i2choose says:

It will come….
        THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED SAXON
        by Rudyard Kipling

It was not part of their blood,
        It came to them very late,
        With long arrears to make good,
        When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
        They were icy — willing to wait
        Till every count should be proved,
        Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
        Their eyes were level and straight.
        There was neither sign nor show
        When the Saxon began to hate.

It was not preached to the crowd.
        It was not taught by the state.
        No man spoke it aloud
        When the Saxon began to hate.

It was not suddently bred.
        It will not swiftly abate.
        Through the chilled years ahead,
        When Time shall count from the date
        That the Saxon began to hate.

“This destiny does not tire, nor can it be broken, and its mantle of
        strength descends upon those in its service.” – Francis Parker Yockey,
        IMPERIUM

• boogywstew says:

Is someone putting estrogen in their drinking water?

• George Hicks says:

What was that line from Rule Britannia again??

• singular says:

Wonderful rco recollections, before my time a bit, but I remember Churchill’s funeral being quite something. Huge State funeral, of course.

8. WSB says:

From Breitbart:

“First lady Melania Trump is wearing a yellow silk pleated chiffon dress by New York-based J. Mendel to a gala at Blenheim Palace.

She paired the off-the-shoulder gown with floor-length pleated sleeves with matching silk pumps by Manolo Blahnik.”

9. PaulM says:

It’s good to have a President that doesn’t always look like he’s about to tall a lie. Clinton, Bushes and Obama always seemed to have that little child like semi-grin that makes you think of a child who’s trying to pull a fast one. I also think that not feeling compelled to keep his jacket buttoned all the time helps to remove the “air of superiority” that accompany so many politicians.
    That dress that she’s wearing, few could pull that off.
    Well, maybe Justin.

10. scott467 says:

Theresa May can slather on all the pomp and circumstance she wants.

It doesn’t change anything.

We know what you did.

And I look forward to President Trump revealing it to the whole world, at the time of maximum impact.

11. Publius2016 says:

11 min mark President Trump and Melania arrive

12. jfw2017 says:

Actively praying for our President and First Lady’s safety and well-being.

13. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Honestly. I want Melania to don a sack one of these days.😎

14. mamajen says:

I’ve been reading about the security measures implemented to protect our president and First Lady. While I’m glad they will be safe, England should be utterly embarrassed by what that country has become.

• i2choose says:

As the US under BHO? None of us can be proud, all of us, the people, need to support draining the swamps.

• Raven says:

Amen to that.

I keep posting this wherever I think Minnesotans may be reading —

Tim Pawlenty is part of the swamp. If you do not get out and vote for Jeff Johnson — absolutely NOT the swamp — during the primary on August 14th, you might as well vote Democrat in November.

• mamajen says:

We had royals visit under BHO and there wasn’t as much security. It’s like he’s visiting Iraq, for goodness sake. They had to put up concrete barriers to protect against terrorism. In England. Pathetic.

• i2choose says:

BHO and the Queen are on the same team, no danger from the Deep State Cabal. Currently, PDJT is in as much danger in the US, which will hopefully resolve after the US cabal team is taken down when the sealed indictments are invoked. The world is suffering from this blight, the US will lead, then the dominoes will fall, sweeping the corruption away. Well, that’s my belief and fervent hope.

• Oldschool says:

Sorry mam, we have no room to talk with our lawless streets and cops hunted, citizens assaulted, ms13 gangs, and every other injustice.

• farmhand1927 says:

Yep, we’ve even got shop sitting off their shore in case somebody wants to start something.

15. Michelle says:

Melania is beyond gorgeous and graceful as always. However, I wish there was a video of her from the front, of her going up the steps! Theresa May practically crawled up the steps and had to hold her dress skirt, but Melania floated up and didn’t seem to touch her skirt at all. How did she do it?!

16. Donna in Oregon says:

President Trump and the First Lady look miserable.

Theresa May is an odd limping duck, I think POTUS should just to talk to the business leaders and leave. .

He probably has to eat bangers and mash, no chocolate cake and listen to stories that Neville Chamberlain was right.

17. CountryclassVulgarian says:

It was very good to hear the crowd chant a”Trump, Trump, Trump”. The sultan of London must be quite mad. His ballon antic fell flat. Can’t stop the winamins…..

18. Cheri Lawrence says:

Quite a lovely welcome! Thank you United Kingdom!

• okapisage says:

Given the balloon idiocy of the London Mayor, I think the British government was really pressed to conteract it with an absolutely stunning welcome. I was really pleased to see this! I believe there will be some changes of hearts and minds during this visit to Blenheim Palace this evening, as people see the power and graciousness — both — of our President and beautiful First Lady!

• Beenthere says:

I remember when they, British fanatics were planning to riot against Pope Benedict XVI when he visited GB about 10 yrs ago. He was able to change their hearts so the possibility is there that Trump can do it too.

19. Brenda says:

They look the perfect couple and part. Authority, Grace, and Confidence!

20. cdnintx says:

Melania looks Regal. She should live in a Palace and wear dresses like this everyday for us 🙂

• cdnintx says:

Also, walking in high heels on…. was that cobblestone? Outstanding!

• wondering999 says:

She’s gifted. One in a million or maybe one in a billion

• Plain Jane says:

Oh, there was a time when I could maneuver almost anything in spikes…that was until I turned 24. 🙂

In HS health class (our teacher was the football coaches cute wife) our teacher decided us girls needed a little polishing. She taught us how to walk in heels with a book balanced on our heads, and practice picking up objects on the floor in heels while wearing pencil skirts.

Dress code for all 4 years included nylon stockings and skirts that had to touch the floor when kneeling.

• wondering999 says:

Nylon stockings were expensive for students! I remember leg makeup from Avon that did the trick… tubes of leg makeup weren’t inexpensive either, though. Your class sounds like it was fun… for the kids who had the gear…

My first purchase after my first paycheck was a pair of very high heels. I LOVED those things.. although I don’t think I ever learned to float in heels like our FLOTUS. She is superb

• Plain Jane says:

Nylons were required. I used to buy industrial strength 🙂 nylons at Goldblatt’s department store. They lasted for a very long time. This was a Catholic HS and long before girls ever wore pants to school. Walking a mile to school in snow up to our wazoos was none too much fun either.

• Publius2016 says:

Teump Scotland is 21st Century Palace

21. Zippy says:

DONALD TRUMP TOLD NOT TO MEET BREXIT CHAMPION NIGEL FARAGE ON U.K. VISIT

The British government is anxious for President Donald Trump not to meet ally and Brexit champion Nigel Farage during his visit to the U.K. next week.

Farage, former leader of the populist United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP), told British newspaper the Daily Telegraph that he had been informed the British government did not want Trump meeting him “through the normal protocol channels.”

• Dutchman says:

So he meets with him, anyway, and then says “Oh, NOT meet with him! Misread my own note, I thought it said MEET with him!”

I know, VSG is honest, wouldn’t do that, but would be funny.

Melania looks absolutely REGAL.

22. 17CatsInTN says:

Ok, I just have to say it, we have the most beautiful and gracious first lady. She is breathtaking in her carriage and quiet class. I’m sorry so many in our country do not get or understand how blessed we are with her. It is their loss and our joy.

• Raven says:

I totally agree.

At this point in zerOs Presidency, Michelle had already been on the cover of most magazines.

Big Foot vs. grace & beauty. Yeah magazine editors, you’re totally unbiased.

• Sylvia Avery says:

She is magnificent. She is really one in a million and a woman we can all be proud to call our First Lady. But for those who have hardened their hearts it doesn’t seem to matter. Although how anyone, seriously, could remain unimpressed by her is beyond me.

Mooch was a disgrace and the media fawning over her trying to make us think she was fabulous despite what we could see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears just succeeded in annoying me rather than convincing me.

23. tonyE says:

OK, so I voted for Trump, I support him, I like him, I have no issue with having a military parade in DC… (maybe afterwards he can call martial law in DC and impeach Maxine Waters…).

But, I sure hope he won’t get any ideas about changing the US Marine uniforms in the White House…. I figure that Kelly and Mattis will keep that in check.

• Maquis says:

Even Photoshop shuddered when rendering that foul creature.

• 🍺Gunny says:

Where did you ever come up with that?

Our Marine Corps uniforms have change very little in over 217 years

Do you have a link?

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

I was trying to figure out that reference too, however oblique.

President Nixon was “taken” by the uniforms of the Vatican “soldiers”, and had ceremonial uniforms made up for the Secret Service officers at the White House…

Caused a huge hue and cry, but nothing much came of it (seems there were other irons in the *cough* fire)…

24. FelineFine says:

If one … just ONE woman’s magazine had her on their cover, they would sell out of every issue in minutes. The hypocrisy is mind blowing. I remember waiting in a grocery line and every time I spotted a magazine with the Wookie on the cover, I’d turn it around. Made me feel better!

25. Mac says:

Let me add my agreement to all those praising Melania. She’s simply a vision of grace and loveliness. I will forever be grateful to Donald Trump for saving the nation from four years of watching his opponent be POTUS. That harridan’s voice reminds me of nothing more than fingernails scratching a chalk board, and four years of listening to her would have been damned difficult to take. We dodged a HUGE bullet there!

26. tommy lile says:

Melanie is a TEN…..

27. NJF says:

#SimplyTheBest
    Just lovely.

28. C. L Roemke says:

If Princess Dianna had a daughter – would she look any better than Melania?
    A more beautiful woman has never graced the world stage and I’m pleased she represents the United States of America.

29. BoDeen says:

What was Woody Allen doing there? Wait, that’s May’s husband. Well I hope she doesn’t have any young Asian housemaids.

30. Get a load of May’s slit up the back of her dress. imho, way inappropriately high for someone her age…

• topavalley says:

Not a great idea to wear a red dress on a red carpet either.

• TwoLaine says:

Whoa there. If you got it, flaunt it.

• The Tundra PA says:

My thought too, Cinderella. On a woman of her …maturity… the slit should go no higher than her knees. And she does not have the arms to wear a sleeveless gown. Plus it looked like there was a bandaide stuck to the back of her left upper arm.

• Ad rem says:

Eagle eyes Tundra. All I kept seein’ were those bingo wings.

• Susan in VA says:

It’s a diabetes monitor on Theresa May’s arm to regulate blood sugar levels. Still I agree with you on the slit of the dress, way to high for someone of her years.

• Bendix says:

Maybe she didn’t go to enough fittings, and discovered at the last moment that she couldn’t walk in the dress, hence the slit.

• olderwiser21 says:

Susan – OMG! That explains it! I could see that it was raised off her arm and thought it was the weirdest bandaid I had ever seen. All the more reason for sleeves, lady!!! Nobody wants to have your medical problems hit them right in the face, for heaven’s sake!

• olderwiser21 says:

Tundra – agreed and my thoughts exactly posted upthread. No sleeveless gowns for older women and the slit was way too high and the bandaid on the arm was gross. Nice color, but it did blend with the carpet. Altogether just a blah kind of dress, IMO. Nothing to see here…..

31. carole says:

Our First Lady is breathtakingly beautiful!

32. Landslide says:

Breathtakingly beautiful. This and the Inaugural Ball gown should be in the Trump Presidential Library some day. Just stunning.

33. PaulM says:

Just occured to me.
    If Trump hadn’t come along and “the shrill one” was running the US and Merkle and May were running Europe, Putin would be the one putting up a wall.

34. Maquis says:

Seeing Melania, stunning in that bright yellow dress, I can’t help but feel that for a brief respite of her few days there, the sun will indeed not set on the British Empire.

35. we300 says:

FLOTUS looks like she lives in that castle. Love the fashion nod to princesses in castles.

36. Sunshine says:

OMG !! Empress Melania. Beyond words…

37. Leane Kamari says:

Melania lokks STUNNING

38. Did they do red carpet welcoming like this to obozo? I never cared and don’t even remember!
    He’s a distant whatever!!!!!!!

39. TeaForAll says:

Our First Lady is absolutely STUNNING

40. dufrst says:

Trump stirring it up again! To hell with European sensibilities! MAGA!!

Interview at the link:

41. phoenixRising says:

42. TwoLaine says:

Whatever designer dressed Melania, BRAVO! STUNNING!

43. Sentient says:

Hopefully May won’t be Prime Minister much longer.

• Firefly says:

Trump tells Theresa May her soft Brexit plan will ‘kill’ any US trade deal after Britain leaves the EU, adds Boris will make a great PM and blames Sadiq Khan for terrorism in explosive start to UK visit

44. Lion2017 says:

FLOTUS is absolutely stunning in this gown. Our Lion & Lioness for the world to see.

45. TwoLaine says:

I bet President TRUMP took one look at the place and asked Teresa May when was the last time it had a bath. He probably said, “I’m a builder you know. I can hook you up with a good deal. I’ve cleaned this kind of building many a time.”

46. czarowniczy says:

News is trumpeting a Brit poll that shows only 11% of those Brits polled think Trump is a great president while 67% think he’s terrible. For those of you trying to explain the current state of the British government one need look no farther.

47. George Hicks says:

Wonder if they’ll fly the Baby Khan Balloon?

• Concerned Virginian says:

Ken Matthews, Rush Limbaugh substitute today, said that there should be toys and other items based on the KHAN TRUMP BLIMP, like Halloween costumes. He said that tiny models of the blimp should be created so they can be attached to baby strollers, Christmas trees, etc. His message: More Trump, All the Time.

48. jengancworld says:

Is Woody Allen friends with Theresa May? I did not know that!!

49. Patty says:

Melania’s dress reminds me of Jackie Kennedy’s stunning gown worn for the dinner at Versailles – the classic Greek look, the tucks, elegant lines. Two elegant, classy first ladies!

50. Concerned Virginian says:

O M G
    FLOTUS completely outclassed every other female! And there’ more to the backstory I think: based on my studies in costume history:
    The unbelievable dress and attached floor length that FLOTUS wore is a DIPLOMATIC COUP. The design of her gown and cape is based on European Court designs of the 17th and 18th centuries: off the shoulder, some decollete exposed, bare arms with attached cape sleeves, cinched in at the waist.
    Her incredible gown is the type that a visiting Princess or Queen would wear to the first appearance at the Court where she would be visiting.
    And you betcha that FLOTUS knew exactly what this first appearance gown would have to look like and the underlying message: Melania Trump is the equivalent of European royalty: NOT a “glamorous appendage” to President Donald Trump.
    This, of course, would all be lost on Teresa May. But NOT on the personages, especially those connected with the Royal Family, who will see FLOTUS in this gown. Believe it.

• Jenny R. says:

Heh, and the time period is rather interesting too — 1600-1799; what was going on then…hmmm, it fails my memory!