President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing White House for Europe…

Earlier this morning, President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump depart the White House to board Marine-1 for the first leg of their trip to Europe.  President Trump stops to answer brief questions from the White House Press Pool:

[Transcript] Q (Inaudible) on Brexit?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, it’s going to be an interesting time in the UK, and it’s certainly going to be an interesting time with NATO. NATO has not treated us fairly, but I think we’ll work something out. We pay far too much and they pay far too little. But we will work it out, and all countries will be happy. With the UK, that’s a situation that’s been going on for a long time.

So I have NATO, I have the UK, which is in somewhat turmoil, and I have Putin. Frankly, Putin may be the easiest of them all. Who would think? Who would think? But the UK certainly has a — they have a lot of things going on.

Q Have you talked with Theresa May since Boris (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: I have not. No, I have not. But Boris Johnson is a friend of mine. He’s been very, very nice to me and very supportive. And maybe we’ll speak to him when I get over there. I like Boris Johnson. I’ve always liked him.

Q But should Theresa May remain in power?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s up to the people. I get along with her very well. I have a very good relationship. That’s certainly up to the people, not up to me.

Q On NATO, Donald Tusk, about half an hour ago, said that you should appreciate America’s allies because you don’t have very many. What do you say to —

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we do have a lot of allies, but we cannot be taken advantage of. We’re being taken advantage of by the European Union. We lost $151 billion last year on trade. And on top of that, we spend at least 70 percent for NATO. And, frankly, it helps them a lot more than it helps us. So we’ll see what happens. We have a long, beautiful week.

I will say also, last night was an incredible evening.

Brett Kavanaugh has gotten rave reviews — rave reviews — actually, from both sides. And I think it’s going to be a beautiful thing to watch over the next month. But he has gotten rave reviews.

Q Vladimir Putin (inaudible) friend or foe?

THE PRESIDENT: I really can’t say right now. As far as I’m concerned, a competitor. A competitor. I think that getting along with Russia, getting along with China, getting along with others is a good thing, not a bad thing. I’ve said that many times for many years. So we’ll see. We’re meeting with Vladimir Putin on Monday. We’ll see how that goes.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: They didn’t give it. I have it for him. They didn’t give it. But it will be given at a certain period. I actually do — I actually do have a little gift for him, but you’ll find out what that gift is when I give it.

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: No, I haven’t. I really haven’t. We haven’t discussed it.

Q (Inaudible.)

Q (Inaudible.)

THE PRESIDENT: I’m saying this, very simply: We have laws. We have borders. Don’t come to our country illegally. It’s not a good thing. And as far as ICE is concerned, the people that are fighting ICE, it’s a disgrace. These people go into harm’s way. There is nobody under greater danger than the people from ICE. What they do to MS-13 and everything else.

So we ought to support ICE, not do what the Democrats are doing. Democrats want open borders, and they don’t mind crime. We want no crime, and we want borders where borders mean something. And remember this: Without borders, you do not have a country.

Thank you, everybody.

[Transcript END]

Prayers for a safe and secure trip.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, European Union, FLOTUS, media bias, Melania Trump, NATO, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Russia, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

142 Responses to President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing White House for Europe…

1. billsbowl says:

Melania!

2. Matt Musson says:

A Competitor. That says it all.

Russia is not an enemy you have to kill. They are a competitor you have to compete and beat. Or, work with to achieve common goals.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

One thing that many forget is competition breeds excellence. Something the “participation ribbon” crowd don’t wish to see. A quick look at the happily revitalized (and cheaper) CPU market (OK, for PCs) is evidence of that.

No competition means (for the most part) no innovation, regardless of the field of endeavor.
      One could also say a victory unopposed (without competition) is hollow, at best…

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Love that President of ours. He is now going back into the snake den to protect American’s interest, whether we go at it alone or with our “allies”.

Donald Tusk is just huffing and a’puffing, but he won’t be able to blow our walled-brick house. We can see clearly Donald Tusk is NOT our friend nor ally. i don’t speak like that to my good friends.

Thank you,Lord, for President Trump. Keep President Trump, FLOTUS and their whole team safe as they journey thru the lands of snakes. Refresh them in places of respite. May this journey be done in ways that honor you, Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

3. TNGal says:

God bless our President and First Lady. Thank you for his leadership at a time such as this.

4. Pam says:

That last paragraph says it all. I watched this earlier and it’s one thing to read the transcript and it’s another to hear him actually say it. His message about ICE and our borders is very powerful. These dems are delusional if they think they are going to stop this man. If they stop this SCOTUS nomination, all fire and fury will reign down on them in November!

5. If it were possible for the people of this country to go to the border and build the wall it would be done within a year. They would take their vacation time, money, and family to build it. I also think if PDJT were to ask the American people if they want to donate $ for the border it would be paid for asap. Yes our taxes are for that “kind of thing” but since the Congress (CoC) won’t fund, we the people should be able to do so.

6. Rex70 says:

It is not possible for me to love this man, this President more–unless I was Melania…who herself is such an excellent lady and First Lady. Godspeed over there, President Trump. Kick some EU and Ruskie tail.

7. ivehadit says:

Prayers 24/7 for your safety and protection, Mr. President and First Lady! WE LOVE YOU!

8. FofBW says:

Pray for their safe return and success.

9. cali says:

It will be an interesting trip for sure.
    Teresa May may not last any longer either since she has been the hinderance in Brexit. The people there did not vote for a ‘soft Brexit’. They voted on a referendum to leave the EU. Teresa May works in collusion with Merkel in Germany ergo the slow walking of what the British people voted for.
    Boris Johnson is an interesting character. I wonder if he resigned due to the collusion between the deep state and their framing of the president and his role played while being secretly a member of MI6. Stzrok, Page, McCabe and others travelled to the UK numerous times during the election. Boris also was the main sponsor of the white helmets in Syria who were ISIS mercenaries when not producing fake videos framing Assad with using chemical weapons on his own people.

The president will have a great meeting with Putin and brings back everything about uranium one.

• Publius2016 says:

The Queen will decide soon…think Boris Johnson makes the most sense…need new face for UK…May like Merkel is past due!

• jbowen82 says:

It will be decided by the Conservative Party. If May does not have a majority of her own party in Parliament, then the Tory parliamentarians get it down to two candidates, then the Party rank-and-file membership votes between the two.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Would be sort of a comeuppance if Boris could be the new PM, as May backstabbed him before. Typical that Merde-kel would support her: two barren hags hellbent on ruining their countries and people…

• mcclainra says:

QE can’t be trusted either. At the top of the Illuminati pyramid, globalist, and reportedly, MUCH more.

• Sunshine says:

Yes, Boris Johnson. Theresa May isn’t looking forward to meeting with him because she’ll lose even more credibility and she knows it. That’s why Boris resigned his post yesterday. Timing is everything.

10. Publius2016 says:

if you dont have borders, you don’t have a country! thats exactly what the Globalists want…no borders only floating exchange rates they can manipulate to siphon off whatever capital remains!!

11. I can’t get past Melania. just wow.

12. MelH says:

It’s nerve-wracking when President Trump is away. Seems like we’re all unsafe, but mostly him.

13. ringoagogo says:

The most accessible President ever.. They never had that with Obama as he was destroying our nation.

14. phoenixRising says:

zero hasn’t stopped trying… who do you think funded the protests last night?

15. StanH says:

“THE PRESIDENT: Well, I have a solution: Tell people not to come to our country illegally. That’s the solution. Don’t come to our country illegally. Come like other people do; come legally.”

Man I love our President, he rocks.

16. MSO says:

The photo accompanying this article is terrible. It has the President leaning forward and Melania leaning backward almost as though they have invisible braces propping them up.

• rsmith1776 says:

Oh please. Let us know where your blog is, so we and Sundance can see the “terrific” kind of photos.

• trialbytruth says:

Actually it’s a perfect picture the lioness is leaning back from the Hyena’s and the Lion is leaning forward roaring.

• H.R. says:

I think their stance and appearance is affected by their Kevlar vests

I see pictures of Melania in public and it looks like she has picked up weight. Then I catch a photo here and there of her in the Whitehouse and she still has a model’s figure.

I believe you can see it (a vest) in this picture. Her shoulders are straight up like a model and in line with the center of her head, but if you look at Melania’s back, she looks like a hunchback, which I believe is caused by the vest.

Check up front above the belt. I don’t think she has a little sausage roll either. I think that’s more vest showing. And being a red-blooded all-American guy, I’ve noticed that sometimes she seems to be more busty (ahem, trying to dance delicately here) than other times. I think it’s due to a Kevlar padded bra.

I think it was fair of MSO above to notice that they look a little ‘off’ but I chalk it up to Kevlar. The SS isn’t trusting anyone, including the press corpse.

POTUS and FLOTUS are suited up and on the move.

17. Scott says:

Godspeed POTUS, FLOTUS, and crew. I know you have important things on your agenda that are best addressed in person, but I will be happy when you are safely back on US soil.

18. Suite D says:

Donaldus Maximus! Not since St. Thomas More, A Man For All Seasons, has anyone stepped onto the world stage like our President. Not just saving the USA but the entire world! MAGA!!!

19. mtnforge says:

And remember this: Without borders, you do not have a country.”
    That is a great leader talking. Our Champion.

20. cdnintx says:

I wonder what gift he was talking about and who it is for?

21. smiley says:

been wondering if PDJT ❤ will have anything to say about this….

regardless…I hope he and Melania enjoy a warm welcome in the UK, and a safe, productive visit.

• Anon says:

I hope so

• Sandra-VA says:

It is not his place to interfere. He should not comment on it.

• 6x47 says:

I think President Trump will be able to segue from talking about his nominee to the Supreme Court into a broader discussion of the freedoms guaranteed in our Constitution, which Britain for all its liberal democratic traditions does NOT have.

Frankly I think the modern British state is enforcing laws against hate speech as a sort of latter day incarnation of blasphemy laws. Especially in regards to suppressing criticism of Islam and Sharia.

22. DanO64 says:

Winning.

23. Yale toadie for the Kennebunkport Cosa Nostra….

Kavanaugh is MAGA NOT !

24. James Street says:

President Trump’s European Travel Itinerary:
    1. Save the world.
    2. Play a couple rounds of golf.

25. LafnH20 says:

Prayers, also, for a Safe and Secure trip.
    Amen

Thank You, Lord, for All the Blessings You have given this Great Country.

Dear Lord, I pray your Protection for OUR President and First Lady.
    I pray, you send a Host of Angels to go before them and guide them on their journey.
    I pray, for Wisdom, Discernment and Clarity of thought for themselves, and all who travel with them.
    I pray, Dear Lord, that you Strengthen and uphold those individuals who Protect them and that they will Serve Our President, First Lady and Our Country, with Distinction, Pride and Steadfastness.

I pray, If any Grace might be given me, that it pass to Our President and First Lady, as they travel on Our behalf and the Future of the Land I Call Home.

Thank You, Lord!

In Your Precious name, I pray.

Amen

26. Anon says:

People are saying Kavanaugh voted to deny an illegal immigrant minor an abortion in a recent case, but that is a mischaracterization.

His opinion was that the government should first try and find a private party to pay for the abortion, and only have tax payers pay if no one else will. If that isn’t weak Jeb Bush fiscal “conservatism”, I don’t know what is.

His colleague, the real conservative Judge Karen Henderson, said illegal immigrants have no right to government funded elective abortions whatsoever. I generally don’t blame lower courts for applying what they think the Supreme Court wants, but in this case Kavanaugh was wrong.

I just read the dissenting opinions, and this article characterizes them accurately:

• dayallaxeded says:

That’s some scary BS! I’m strongly anti-abortion, but if an illegal wants to damn themselves and an already damned abortion provider, that’s kind of a hard one–the less of them, the better. The moral tension is so thick I could cut it with a knife.

• Dutchman says:

Yes, I also am torn on this. Believe abortion is murder, and yet,…
        Maybe until ‘anchor baby’ is changed, ALL illegal alien women pregnant required to abort?

I know, would never happen, but I can imagine, can’t I,

27. Cheri Lawrence says:

Thank you Sundance. Huge prayers going out for a safe and secure trip! Wall of light surrounding our Lion POTUS and our beautiful first lady!!

28. H.R. says:

I liked President Trump’s answer if he thought May should go or stay. “It’s not up to me. It’s up to her country.”

That sends a strong message to all other countries (and the CIA) that he isn’t into the regime changes that past U.S. Presidents were known for.

President Trump has been consistent: “You elect them and then I’ll deal with whoever you elect.” The closest he came to opposing anyone was Assad, who he would like to see gone, but President Trump wasn’t going to be the one to take him out. He left it to the players in the region.

• kevin king says:

To be honest I would settle for Trump being more pro-active when it comes to the UK because we need all the help we can get. It’s a bit of a relief he is openly supporting Johnson,who acts a bit of a prat when it comes to Russia,but is the best of a bad bunch. The more Trump can bring pressure to bear on our government the better. I get your point in general,but at the minute our government is bordering on Tyrannical.

• 6x47 says:

I hope he gives Johnson some hair care tips.

“You know, Boris, there’s a thing called a comb and another thing called hairspray. You should look into it. A man your age should not be wearing his hair like a member of One Direction.”

29. GB Bari says:

President Trump is THE most accessible POTUS ever, hands down.
    This trip should be interesting.

30. jmclever says:

Framing Putin as a competitor rather than ally or enemy is a very interesting way to think about things. The Swamp wants to frame everyone as friend or foe, but competitor, even cut-throat competitor, makes far more sense these days.

31. doit4atlas says:

Could NOT take my eyes off her!

32. Child of Morning says:

Tusk and EU bureaucracy are in a bubble. The demise of the EU is made ever more certain by silly statements like this. They don’t see it.

PDJT will work towards an understanding with Putin on Iran, Turkey, Syria and middle east in general. This is his most important meeting as he wants the Putin distraction to go away (in a real sense if not according to the MSM).

EU) “But President Trump, what do we do about the Russian threat and expansionist aims”

PT) “You guys put on your big boy pants and figure it out. I have a very nice relationship with Putin. We get along really well”

Russia has a GDP one tenth that of the combined EU. Each of Europe’s big four has a larger economy than Russia. Yet Europe wets its collective pants over the notion that America is talking to Russia. They are so reliant on the US for leadership and protection that they can’t deal with a nuisance like Putin.

It is only going to get worse. PDJT warned about TPP, NAFTA, Paris Accord and…..NATO. Yet they still don’t take that final warning seriously. Tusk, at least privately, should be quaking in his boots. Trump ties foreign policy and trade / economics together. In the same breath he talks about NATO contributions and EU trade deficit. if the EU is not careful, and they are not, they will end up on the sh*tty end of both of those issues at the same time….and they will all be wishing they were the UK….free to “make a deal” with a well trained and technologically capable military….including an actual navy… as a bargaining chip.

Mr. Tusk may be partially correct. America may have a few less allies today under Trump than under Zero. This is a really good thing. To Trump, today’s “allies” are mostly a liability. The nations of Europe are often called America’s “traditional allies”. Tradition rarely survives first contact with the enemy. And when and if things get serious, we’ll have plenty of supplicants.

33. Mandy says:

I remember this moment and, while I already liked Melania, I think this is when I actually ‘fell in love’ with her as our First Lady:

34. “And remember this: Without borders, you do not have a country.”

The last line as he heads to Europe… a not so hidden message to his likely less than gracious hosts. Man, I love this President! #MoreWinning 😀

• 6x47 says:

Absolutely correct – President Trump will go to Europe and say the things the people of the UK and Europe want to hear THEIR LEADERS say.

One might say it could shame them into doing the right thing but the Eurocrats have no shame.

• clive hoskin says:

For 50 odd years the EurocRATS have been pi$$ing on their supporters heads and telling them it’s raining.President Trump is showing the EU how it’s going to be and boy are they in for a surprise !!!!

• jahealy says:

I just had a thought. I’m wondering if the high-waisted, belted skirts and dresses she often wears are to camouflage the bottom of the Kevlar vest? If she wore something that clung to her midsection and abdomen, I would think the bottom of the vest would be very obvious.

35. Texian says:

When the greater challenge are the NATO countries that are supposedly our friends, and the lesser challenge to be a formerly communist country now with a authoritarian/totalitarian form of government.. That says a lot about NATO..

NATO has run its course and is long overdue for revision..

36. Pyrthroes says:

As of Saturday, July 21st, Donaldus Magnus will have been in office eighteen months.

May the road rise to meet his feet; may the wind be always at his back; and [the certified Belfast version] “may there never be lacking a good Protestant lad to kick the arse of a Papist!”

For a sense of this antique Reformation sentiment, suggest chorusing “The Old Orange Flute”.

37. Has anyone noticed that when Trump is asked a question and answers with with force i.e ‘the solution is they shouldn’t come to our country illegally’, Melania’s head stands straight at attention and her eyes bulge. That is obviously a sign the king is fn pissed, right?!

38. PFFV says:

Love our President and the stunning First Lady Melania! Divine Intervention Indeed!