Within the issue of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein signing the FISA reauthorization (application renewal #4) Congressman Matt Gaetz confronts Rosenstein. DAG Rosenstein obfuscates his answer and uses the opaque nature of FISA to avoid direct response. However, interestingly Rosenstein says the public information shared about the FISA application does not match the briefing he received about the application content.

This central “spygate” evidence now looks like it is going to become a bigger issue for the FBI and DOJ.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report Clinton Investigation, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, Jeff Sessions, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, THE BIG UGLY, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

346 Responses to Representative Matt Gaetz Confronts Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein About Signing FISA Application Against U.S. Person Carter Page…

1. Robert Smith says:

I gotta give Rod credit. Whatever hand he’s got he’s playing it for all it’s worth. If he is part of a 4D chess Kabuki Deep State enema flush, I’ll apologize later.

2. sedge2z says:

Carter Page could have been planted in the Trump campaign by July 7, 2016 when he lectured at WTC Moscow. It was organized by The New Economics School of “Global Energy Capitol LLC” a company owned by Carter Page.

He described himself as “a foreign policy advisor for Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.”

“The advisor of Donald Trump” stated that his visit to Russia was private.
    When asked about the lifting of Russia sanctions, Carter Page switched to Russian language and quoted Putin “We never interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.”

July 31, 2016 – three weeks later – Rod Rosenstein signed the FISA warrant that became active into Russia spying on the Trump campaign via Carter Page.

Donald Trump said at that time, he didn’t know who Carter Page was.

(from Threadreader….. The_War_Economy …..June 24,2018)

• Chewbarkah says:

I’m not sure yet whether Carter Page was a willing plant or just another hustler the CIA/FBI plotters used (maybe a bit of both). The elusive Professor Mifsud had ample connections with Russian academics; perhaps Mifsud arranged an invitation for Page to be a presenter in Moscow.

• sedge2z says:

Carter worked in Russia for 3 years for Merrill Lynch (?) in energy investments (Gazprom, etc) His education & history is very fine. Certainly a white hat would look better on that goofy head. He even has Scott Adams convinced of his naive innocence. Lots of intrigue!

• CanaCon says:

Didn’t Rosenstein sign the final renewal of the FISA warrant in July, 2017? The original warrant was issued October, 2016.

• Manic Emissary says:

Uhm,
      1) Roz wasn’t DAG until 04/25/17.
      2) No FISA on Page existed prior to Oct 2016.

3. OpenMind says:

Best case takeaway for RR is that because he’s spent his entire career in government, he never learned how to lead. Assuming he’s being truthful, his willful ignorance and lack of fire sets the tone for everyone on his “team.” If the bossman isn’t particularly interested in seeking complete information and doesn’t visit serious heat upon those concealing or misrepresenting information, then he sends the message to other members of the team that it’s not a big deal. Giving lip service to the need to follow rules and policy is not good leadership. I believe many of his answers today indicate he is purposefully concealing information, but if that isn’t the case, then it’s impossible for me to reach any alternative conclusion regarding his deficient leadership.

4. Non=combative. says:

Interesting the Jim Jordan theatre with Rosenstein with the house resolution threat which he later presented and was voted and passed on the house floor. Theatre because the resolution is a NON-binding resolution which essentially means, it ain’t worth the paper it was written on. Just another phony 7 day deadline that will be ignored by the swamp.

5. TwoLaine says:

Well Mr. Rosenstein, there is a saying, “The Buck Stops Here.” Your signature is required as a part of the checks and balance on a very sensitive national security system. By your own answers it is clear that you do not take this responsibility seriously, therefore, I have no alternative but to tell you, You’re Fired!

Keys please. Security!

6. OpenMind says:

Posted this earlier but haven’t heard any responses. Twice on the day, when asked when he learned about Ohr’s contacts with Steele and Fusion, RR responded, ” the IG is looking into that.” Why doesn’t he just answer that question?

I note that Jordan and others were upset today that Strzok apparently was advised by FBI counsel not to respond regarding when and if Strzok was in contact with Simpson/Steele.

• OpenMind says:

As I typed the above comment, it occurred to me that the only possible white hat explanation I can come up with is that there may actually be a Grand Jury receiving evidence about Simpson/Fusion, etc. Might that put FBI counsel and RR in the position of deflecting as to discussions about Simpson/Fusion? Wasn’t it Grassley (and even Graham) who sent the Simpson criminal inquiry notice to DOJ/FBI earlier this year? Just brainstorming here.

• OpenMind says:

Also, wasn’t the purported lie by Simpson related in part to his spilling the beans about the FBI having a source inside the campaign in early 2016? Might that explain in part the vagaries related to informants? I’m not looking to justify the obfuscation by RR, but maybe that explains some of this?

7. Chris Biggins says:

Throw out every elected official you can in the voting booth. There is no one worth saving. New blood. New blood. Get rid of all these crooks. Don’t care about their “experience”.

8. wj2016 says:

I know it’s been brought here before but I travel a lot – why did PDT nominate Rosenstein for AG? Was he bamboozled?

9. Look at who supports Rosie!

10. All Too Much says:

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced U.S. District Court Judge Reggie B. Walton instructed the Justice Department to immediately begin producing records about DOJ communications with Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior DOJ official Bruce Ohr. Nellie Ohr worked for Clinton campaign vendor Fusion GPS on the anti-Trump Dossier campaign document.

Judge Walton rejected a Justice Department request to begin producing documents six months from now and ordered the DOJ to begin producing documents immediately on a rolling basis over the next two months. Judge Walton also rejected DOJ’s efforts to restrict their search to only 2016.

• Maquis says:

Only one reason to restrict to 2016; she was a known active conspirator beyond and/or before that time frame. And those activities would be damaging to their sainted image if discovered.

Good on the judge for telling them to get busy right now.

• OPS&TrainingNCO says:

Nellie aledgedly has/had a ham radio license.

Was she hoping to avoid NSA detection?

On the east coast, contact with elements in the UK would be possible.

11. FBI distraction? May be!

12. Guffman says:

Rosenweasel; “I’m the Deputy Attorney General dammit… how dare you question my integrity!!
    Next answer; “I’m the DAG,… I don’t make decisions. Someone else does. Sure I signed off, but someone else important reads these things for me…. that’s not my job. I don’t redact, that’s not my job. I don’t recall that, that’s not my job….” (ad infinitum)…

Crap Weasel!!!!!

13. L. Gee says:

My! My! One wonders if Rosenstein feels a bit . . . ahem . . . manhandled after all these harsh “confrontations” today.

14. jmclever says:

I’m trying to post this a second time. It reveals the real info under the redaction

15. Ono says:

Rosen sounds like a good name for a song bird

16. Maquis says:

Is Rosenstink auditioning to be the next Bond Villian?

17. Newt Love says:

Golly!
    Even though I needed to go to bed, to get up early to go to work, I stayed up to listen to the WHOLE THING of the Wray Rosenstain barf fest to the US House Justice Committee.

My jury is still out of Wray, but Rosentain is a lying crock of spit.
    He is lying every time he speaks, and even when he farts.

I am sickened by his BS and prevarication trying to do the minuet of the subtleties of lying under oath.

I know that this is harsh, but I sincerely hope that D-AG Rosenstain is soon diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and stage-4 pancreas cancer, followed by every brain cancer known to man. Liars to the USA deserve such horrible deaths.

D-AG Rosenstain is no longer a human being to me. He is a lying sack of spit. Read as feces.

18. LibertyONE says:

Herr RATenstein aka” Little Himmler” is a corrupt, LYING, smug, arrogant piece of SWAMP excrement. The sooner Congress impeaches this little turd the better.

19. cheryl says:

That little weasel didn’t read it first. If he had, he would have said yes and been done with it knowing the buck stops with him and he’s responsible. If he did read it, he knows what he did was illegal. I don’t think a judge will care much either way. What they did was illegal and he was in on it.

20. D Rog says:

Okay…. Here is the deal from the real world and all of us Normals as Kurt Schlichter puts it: those of us who manage employees and company assets do not wait for an inspector general to ‘find’ it for us when questioned by our shareholders. Rosenstein is dirtier than Capone for godsakes.

If I put my day suit on I would say ‘diddle this’; when I put my old soldier suit or current firefighter suit on we fuck this. This entire episode is bullshit gibberish wasting all of our time to protect these bubble-housed, DC Ivy League assholes.

God Bless all of you and the CTH!

21. Charlotte says:

DOJ Springs a Leak: Rosenstein Blasts GOP Congressmen; “They’re Pieces of Sh*t”

• Charlotte says:

” A high-ranking Justice Department official with a pristine record of divulging Intel gems now says Rosenstein privately fumes at the likes of Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, Mark Meadows and other GOP Congressman who have been relentlessly pressuring Rosenstein to produce internal documents related to many facets of FBI corruption.

“Rosenstein and his people have no respect for Congress, especially GOP,” the Justice source confirmed. “Most of the GOP go along quietly because they know Rosenstein will target them privately if they speak out against the DOJ or stay in his face about an issue.”

Apparently common insider knowledge in The Swamp.

During a recent internal exchange, a perturbed Rosenstein aired his frustration with Jordan and Nunes in particular but collectively framed his disdain for all GOP House members who have made demands on Rosenstein to turn over troves of documents: “They’re pieces of shit,” Rosenstein said, according to a well-placed DOJ official.

Subpoena the emails and texts of high-ranking DOJ officials, one source stressed to GOP Congress members. “You would be floored.”

That revelation is significant. The source said Rosenstein’s feelings are echoed throughout the Justice Department. But that attitude matched his tone and demanor on Thursday.

Rosenstein does not respond well to pressure, based on his behavior at Thursday’s House Oversight showdown with Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. CNBC reports:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Thursday rejected Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy’s call to abruptly end special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Gowdy, who is chairman of the House Oversight Committee, made the remarks to Rosenstein during a hearing on the Justice Department inspector general’s report into the federal probe of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server. The report found numerous examples of agent misconduct.

But Gowdy focused on the special counsel, which he said was being used by congressional Democrats as a fundraising tool. He admonished Rosenstein: “Whatever you got, finish it the hell up, because this country is being torn apart.”

Rosenstein tried to keep his cool as Jordan continuously interrupted his answers, prompting some Democrats in the room to call for Jordan to allow Rosenstein a chance to respond.

“Sir, I certainly hope that your colleagues are not under that impression. It is not accurate sir,” said Rosenstein before being interrupted by Jordan.

“It is accurate,” Jordan shot back. “We’ve caught you hiding information.”

Rosenstein seemed to grow more frustrated by the minute with Jordan’s line of questioning, denouncing the congressman’s accusations as personal attacks.

“But your use of this to attack me personally is deeply wrong,” he finally declared at one point in the exchange.”

22. Jay Currie says:

Wouldn’t it be lovely for there to be one guy who says, “This is what I did, this is what I was told to do by this guy and this guy.”

Given how fragile the House of Cards actually is, that would probably be enough. And it does not have to be someone senior, just someone in the loop on a few things.

23. jeff w says:

Questions to RR:

I follow, but I am not sure i understand.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how serious is a FISA warrant to spy on an American citizen without their knowledge? And if you say 5 you better have the 5 examples above it.How many FISA warrants have you signed? Did you read any of them? Which ones? Who told you it was ok to sign this particular warrant? Did you ask them what it was about? Did you ask why it was necessary? Who in particular gave you the ok to sign this warrant by name? Who by name told you it was ok to sign.
    And for G-d sake wipe that 10 year old; “I am guilty as heck but FK you” smile off your face or i will gladly do it for you.
    PS;anybody looked at your emails?

24. Rosenstein seemed to hide behind the report, every time he patted it meant he was using it to mask his response and hide behind it. These people weld too much power, don’t tell me he and his wife didn’t meet Ohr and his wife at gatherings. The men were office buddies, and their wives had matching ideologies, and similarly depended on FBI contacts, must have traveled in the same circles. It is easy to think of Rosenstein as a weasel, with his arrogant Harvard, elitist attitude he reminds me of Comey, instead of being themselves they usurp an FBI persona. And now I also think of him as an evasive, ( depends what the meaning of is, is) liar.

25. 6x47 says:

Rosenstein’s answer, in summary: He is using the Col. Potter “Cpl. Radar O’Rielly” defense: “I signed everything put on my desk.”