It’s always an interesting exercise to take new and confirmed information and go back to see the claims from the key stakeholders when the initial trail of the information was discovered.  This is one such example from July 2017.

Now that Chairman Devin Nunes, Chuck Grassley and the key players themselves, have discovered and admitted the U.S. State Department was heavily involved in passing along Clinton opposition research to Chris Steele to create the “Clinton-Steele Dossier”, it’s interesting to look at how the former State Department spokesperson -in place during all the events- responded last year when the Clinton-Steele Dossier was thought to be part of the underlying evidence for the DOJ/FBI FISA application.

Former State Department spokesperson Marie Harf, a person in direct and continuous contact with all the principle agents during the 2016 information flow, was confronted in July 2017 and adamantly denied the dossier was part of the FISA application. WATCH:

Looking beyond the transparent lying and subsequent collapse of credibility, the key takeaway here is how State Department officials knew what was going on in 2016, recognized the risk presented by that action in 2017, and were willing to walk the plank because they were certain none of it would ever come to light.

Jonathan Winer – […] In 2013, I returned to the State Department at the request of Secretary of State John F. Kerry, whom I had previously served as Senate counsel. Over the years, Steele and I had discussed many matters relating to Russia. He asked me whether the State Department would like copies of new information as he developed it.

I contacted Victoria Nuland, a career diplomat who was then assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, and shared with her several of Steele’s reports. She told me they were useful and asked me to continue to send them. Over the next two years, I shared more than 100 of Steele’s reports with the Russia experts at the State Department, who continued to find them useful. None of the reports related to U.S. politics or domestic U.S. matters, and the reports constituted a very small portion of the data set reviewed by State Department experts trying to make sense of events in Russia.  (read more)

(Grassley Memo – page #6)

Mr Winer – WaPo: […] In September 2016, Steele and I met in Washington and discussed the information now known as the “dossier.” Steele’s sources suggested that the Kremlin not only had been behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign but also had compromised Trump and developed ties with his associates and campaign.

I was allowed to review, but not to keep, a copy of these reports to enable me to alert the State Department. I prepared a two-page summary and shared it with Nuland, who indicated that, like me, she felt that the secretary of state needed to be made aware of this material.

[…] In late September, I spoke with an old friend, Sidney Blumenthal … While talking about that hacking, Blumenthal and I discussed Steele’s reports. He showed me notes gathered by a journalist I did not know, Cody Shearer, that alleged the Russians had compromising information on Trump of a sexual and financial nature.  … On my own, I shared a copy of these notes with Steele, to ask for his professional reaction. … I agreed to let him keep a copy of the Shearer notes. …  I did not expect them to be shared with anyone in the U.S. government. … But I learned later that Steele did share them — with the FBI (link)

The bigger story behind the 2017 interview with Marie Harf, when contrast against 2018 reality, is recognition of how vast the network of people were within the entire effort to launder political campaign opposition research -provided by Hillary Clinton- to create surveillance upon the Trump campaign.

Officials at the top of the FBI and Department of Justice; officials in the intelligence apparatus of the ODNI, CIA and NSA; and officials at the top of the U.S. Department of State – to include Secretary John Kerry; were all working in common political cause.

Beyond the political talking points, when you simply point out the provable facts the Director of the FBI, Attorney General of the United States and the Secretary of State, were all deeply within the information loop there’s no way possible to extract President Obama from the network.  This is how the collapsing house of cards eventually brings down the office of the presidency.

What would be the fall-back, or alternative, narrative?

Absurd.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, media bias, Notorious Liars, NSA, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Russia, Secretary of State, Spying, Susan Rice, THE BIG UGLY, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

497 Responses to 2017: State Department Spox: “The Steele Dossier Was Never Used for FISA Application”…

1. Apollo says:

Great questions. The president certainly must have been aware. Mollie Ziegler Hemingway is a real gem of an investigator and a powerful advocate–so pleased to see her take on the Obama State Department in this clip.

• SWRichmond says:

I can’t emphasize this enough: these people who smile and lie to achieve their political objective, especially when that objective is to further enslave me and install a dictatorship on the country (Communist, globalist or otherwise), and EVEN IF THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE SIMPLY PLAYING A FUN “GAME” WHICH THEY LIKE TO “WIN”, are in fact declaring themselves to be my mortal enemies. This can only be the case, as their objective is to use government power to use me in any way they wish.

“So it comes about that someone who tries to get another man into his absolute power thereby puts himself into a state of war with the other, for such an attempt amounts to a declaration of a plan against the life of the other man. If someone wants to get me
      into his power without my consent, I have reason to conclude that he would use me as
      he pleased when he had got me there, and would destroy me if he wanted to; for no-one can want to have me in his absolute power unless it’s to compel me by force to something
      that is against the right of my freedom, i.e. to make me a slave. To be sure of my own survival I must be free from such force; and reason tells me to look on him—the person who wants me in his power—as an enemy to my survival, wanting to take away the freedom that is the fence to it. So someone who tries to enslave me thereby puts himself into a state of war with me. Someone wants to take away the freedom of someone else must be supposed to have a plan to take away everything else from the person, because freedom is the foundation of all the rest; and that holds in a commonwealth as well as in the state of nature.”

• Publius2016 says:

Aware? How do you think ordered it?

• Guy Bee says:

Where is Valjar – the architect of all evil??????

• Cathy Molyneux says:

Obummer first became aware of it when he read it in the news.

• mopar2016 says:

And Marie Barf is quite the little liar.
      Typical Buraq supporter.

• trumpmaga says:

Pray for justice. Obama and Clinton will be indicted and jailed.

• kate says:

• G. Combs says:

Actually it is Soros and those who control HIM.

Never forget the June 2008 Bilderberg convention in Virginia where the decision as to who would be the next President of the USA was made. (Ron Paul abruptly dropped out a few days later and Dan Estulin mentioned there was talk of assassination if Paul continued to be a problem. So Paul dropped out and now we have turncoat Rand Paul in Congress…)

President Trump is the first president actually Chosen by We the People in a LONG LONG TIME.

• scott467 says:

“Trumpmaga, I agree but the real culpert behind the throne is Valarie Jarrett who needs to go down with Obama and Clinton, hope our Justice Dept. incudes her.”

___________________

She’s going down with Schiff for Treason.

Here is a Q post from last week:

……………………………………
            Feb 5 2018 19:55:42
            Q !UW.yye1fxo ID: 7b5b43 279710

VJ phone call w/ AS.
            42m 13s.
            [2 listeners – no IDEN].

]_reroutes_[9 random]
            ]_reroutes_[2 random]
            Article 3.
            Section 3.
            Q
            ……………………………………

So Valerie Jarrett (VJ) talked to Adam Schiff (AS) for 42 minutes and 13 seconds. That call was obviously recorded by NSA, and Trump (or the white hats in the DOJ / NSA) has it all.

There were (at least) “2 listeners”, which satisfies one of the witness requirements for the prosecution of Treason.

Article 3, Section 3 is about Treason.

………………………………
            Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.
            ………………………………

They have it ALL.

• Moslem Sisterhood member Valerie Jarrett and her equally repulsive CNN employee daughter, Laura Jarrett, need to be introduced to a length of sisal rope and a sturdy tree branch/streetlight arm. The incestuous nature of the DNC and the Fake News/Liberal Media is maddening, it’s time for a reckoning.

• The Devilbat says:

Indicted and hung for treason. Indicted and hung for treason.

• Old Lady says:

I doubt they make it that far. This is such a nasty group of sub-humans I would be amazed if their very own Oswald and Ruby aren’t waiting for them in the shadows. Or more likely, they just disappear.

Only the scariest of evil people could come up with such a plan to harm an innocent man (Donald Trump) and this country for their own greed. And then execute it, almost without fault.

God be with the pure in heart in the coming days, and continue to protect the good men who have risked so much for all of us.

• The Devilbat says:

I don’t have a clue why that printed out twice?

• Msher says:

She is way down the pecking order. Probably not in on it, was told what to say.

• PoCoNoMo says:

So right. Can’t stand her. She’s a dog with tons of fleas. Ugh.

• WSB says:

They all say the same thing, “There is no evidence.”

Code words.

• lieutenantm says:

Marie Harf, and VICTORIA NULAND….of UKRAINE fame…! YOUZA!
      I will be so much fun to get these two into court!

2. Jay Wizz says:

It would be very difficult to believe Obama was unaware.

Especially in light of the fact that the husband of his Senior Adviser was planted at Fusion GPS in Dec 2016.

That would be Neil King.

3. Gil says:

Obama’s response:
    Either an arrogant severe denial/ crs or
    “Everything I know I learned from the news.”

4. Everywhereguy says:

They’re all goin’ down, people. Just hang in there.

5. FofBW says:

Of course O will say that he was not aware. He is up a creek with only a fake paddle.

The DOJ/FBI are a separate independent branch of the US Government after all. /s/

• And here’s another angle, or maybe I’m off my train of thought, so any one can correct me – so here goes:

SD wrote: “The talking points are still a few weeks away, but there’s only one possible angle: The President was unaware of the action of his Attorney General, FBI Director, Director of National Intelligence, CIA Director and Secretary of State?”

Which now brings up a larger question that I have: If “O” was ‘unaware’ of the actions from the heads of the security departments, then wasn’t “O” jeopardizing national security for being completely (and willfully) ignorant of what was going on?

Just my thoughts

• Stormyeyes says:

They have the smoking gun IMO. There will be no denial. He will be caught red handed……..with the goods. He just isn’t that smart……………

• trumpmaga says:

Priestap has flipped. Priestap will provide the clinching under oath testimony to hang both Obama and Clinton.

• 4sure says:

True. Assuming anyone has the gonads to charge them.

• scott467 says:

“I would settle if they go up to Lynch , ”

__________________

I won’t, and you shouldn’t, but if you do, don’t worry, I’ll carry on without you.

This doesn’t stop until Hussein and Clinton are in prison or twisting at the end of a rope.

“the great masses would probably revolt if the Messiah was ecer tarnished in any way.”

________________

I never understand this kind of self-defeating, self-fulfilling prophecy, unless it’s pure Deep State propaganda.

I can think of no other reason why people would try to influence the discussion or prepare people’s minds in such a way that Hussein and Clinton go free.

It doesn’t matter what the ‘masses’ do, they can burn down their Leftist inner cities if they want to.

The Rule of Law and Mob Rule are not synonymous.

It’s not about what the Mob wants.

EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW.

• Monadnock says:

The only insurance against future election shenanigans is the sight of H and O being successfully prosecuted – part of the reason the lower tier bureaucrats were willing to do what they did was the certainty that H (and O ) had their backs. Take away that certainty for today and for the future, and our currently weaponized bureaucracies will find it in their best interests to be on their best, law-abiding behavior from now to retirement. Anything less, and the likelihood of this happening again goes up exponentially with each passing year.

THEY. CANNOT. SKATE.

Not if we expect to live free.

• G. Combs says:

“…The Rule of Law and Mob Rule are not synonymous….”

AMEN!!

Mob Rule is WHAT the Communists use to take over a country. Protests, riots, being the squeeky wheel making demands. Think about it:

Blacks are 14.5% of the US population
            LBGT are 3.8% of the US population
            Hermaphrodites are 1.7% of the US population
            Muslims 0.9% of the US population
            Hindu 0.7% of the US population (Never hear much from them do you?)
            Buddhist 0.7% of the US population (Never hear much from them either)

SOoooo, since when do these small percentages of the population get to DICTATE to the majority HMMmmm???

William R. Russell was in Russia soon after the Bolsheviks seized power and spent considerable time there, working on Creel propaganda against the Germans, for the Bolsheviks, and later against the Bolsheviks. Russell described how he saw the communist tradecraft:

The way they worked their way to the seizure of power was as follows: Talk about peace, talk about social equality, especially among those most oppressed. Talk about organization of labor, and penetrate into every labor union. Talk on soapboxes. Publish pamphlets and papers. Orate and harangue. Play on envy. Arouse jealousy. Separate class from class. Try to break down the democratic processes from within. Accustom the people to picketing, strikes, mass meetings. Constantly attack the leaders in every way possible so that the people will lose confidence. Then in time of national peril, during a war, on the occasion of a great disaster, or of a general strike, walk into the capital and seize the power. A well-organized minority can work wonders.

Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America by Kent Clizbe

IF you give in to Mob Rule you are giving into the Communists just like they want you to. This is how they PROGRESS towards their socialist/communist totalitarian dictator ship!

• MTeresa says:

All of these folks (especially BO & HRC) are like cockroaches in a nuclear blast – they won’t go away unless they are completely destroyed.

• mdaush says:

Hillary has been pretty quiet…Obama has been downright under his mattress in Bill Ayers basement!

• Judy W says:

Stormyeyes, …..and NOBODY had a plan for where we are today…just a flimsy teflon insurance policy that will not only not pay out but will likely send them all away because fraud was committed by lying on the application for the purchase.

6. Bob Cobb says:

Marie Harf has to be one of the most useless people in DC. How she got a job at State or Fix is incomprehensible.

7. thedoc00 says:

Circle back to earlier times in this entire narrative, by SD. It was proposed that the Presidents (Obama’s) Daily Brief or PDB was the source of Congressman Nunes’ first reaction. We now also have the text messages. Obama may not have been “directing” the operation but he sure was aware of it. Consider, why would he so publically reverse course to authorize all the personal actions contrary to the hiring freeze and open access to classified materials at the end of his administration? He had to know a cleansing action was required.

• JK says:

Of course the malignant narcissist Obama was directing the whole Trump operation. That POS had to make sure his whole criminal enterprise was not exposed.

• Publius2016 says:

It’s not exposure it’s about Globalist power

• 4sure says:

Exactly. It was to be Obama for 8 yrs. laying the groundwork and keeping the hounds at bay by using the race card. Then crooked Hillary was to continue the destruction and the hounds would have been kept at bay by playing the gender card. The SCOTUS would have been packed w/activist communist judges, guns banned and confiscated, the thought police would have been out in force. The CIA/NSA/deep state would have spied on every one and the billionaires would have made sure all jobs were shipped offshore. The country would have been flooded w/criminal illegals to mop up those who resisted.

After Hillary, the elections would have been so rigged, the commies would have taken over the country.

We have a very short time to save it by peaceful means. I think people have to be executed for treason and that includes Hillary and Obama.The republic is at stake. Time to get real and take the action necessary to save it.

Hang the bastards.

• LeslieK says:

4sure…you present a very scary narrative that we barely escaped from. Thank God for POTUS Trump and let the hangings begin ASAP!

• The Devilbat says:

Damned right. The crimes are treason and sedition. Hang the b@stards up high so the entire world can see that America is back as a world power and is finally free from the suffocating grip of communism.

• Bill says:

The hag has already told us “if they ever figure out… we all will all hang from the same noose”.

Lets not disappoint her, lift her up easy she is a frail old lady, no nasty jerks to spoil the mood of the moment!

• Tegan says:

Well, it may have actually been the lovely Valerie that was doing the “directing” while Obama was working on his Sweet Sixteen basketball tournament list. “Don’t bother me, Val….this is important.”

• Le Borgne says:

As has been described at length by SD, the PDB went from a very tightly held document (two recipients as a low, I recall, in one administration) to 30+/ish recipients under 44. It went wider, lower, and further than in any other administration. And it’s easy to imagine that strict document security was a joke, so who knows how many people ultimately read it. (Remember statements by Farkas and Maxine Waters?) All info was weaponized under 44 and I’m sure the brief contained crap that earlier administrations would have blanched at. Obama knew and, I believe, EVERYBODY knew. Ripe interrogation list for a Federal prosecutor and, maybe, Sessions will get his turn to play “let’s see who we catch in the perjury trap.”

• SJM says:

The Nunes Memo and Vince Foster

The memorandum prepared by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes contains a couple of names that are very familiar to those of us who have followed the cover-up in the case of the death of Deputy White House Counsel Vincent W. Foster, Jr., from its beginning. Here are the key passages:

The Carter Page FISA application also cited extensively a September 23, 2016, Yahoo News article by Michael Isikoff, which focuses on Page’s July 2016 trip to Moscow. This article does not corroborate the [Christopher] Steele dossier because it is derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News. The Page FISA application incorrectly assesses that Steele did not directly provide information to Yahoo News. Steele has admitted in British court filings that he met with Yahoo News—and several other outlets—in September 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS. Perkins Coie was aware of Steele’s initial media contacts because they hosted at least one meeting in Washington DC in 2016 with Steele and Fusion GPS where this matter was discussed.

—-

Steele was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations—an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in an October 30, 2016, Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele should have been terminated for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo and other outlets in September—before the Page application was submitted to the FISC in October—but Steele improperly concealed from and lied to the FBI about those contacts.

What is revealed here is that the (former?) British intelligence agent, Steele, is as thick as thieves with a couple of intelligence assets in the American news media, Michael Isikoff and David Corn. You may search their names on my home page to see the full ugly picture of their KGB-like activities while they play the role of journalists, but we will hit some of the highlights for you here.

• Sayit2016 says:

It would be interesting to know who in fact made the decision to broadcast the PDB.

• tav144 says:

And we still have not seen the five months of text messages recently “found”.

• John says:

that goes back to Kushner’s buddy Ezra Cohen-Watnick (before McMaster fired him) finding the PBD’s and sharing them with Nunes.

8. Ditch Mitch says:

And to think Harf is now a regular on FNN, Tarlov too. Going for Fox Neutrality. But as wolfie said earlier, we can get a lot of Intel from the lies and evasions.

9. wheatietoo says:

Harfie sez…”That’s not true! I was in the administration blah blah blah.”

I’ll bet Harf was one of those who were shown Ozero’s PDB’s that were full of false narratives to fill the ‘true believers’ little heads full of propaganda.
    Then they could go forth and spread it with the righteous fervor that we see now from Harf.

• scott467 says:

Whenever I see Harf, it makes me want to punch something.

• Jedi9 says:

Yeah! She has got to be the dumbest person to ever work at the SD. It truly amazes me how she got hired in the first place, and should be used as an example as to not to hire when filling important positions at the SD or any other government position for that matter.

• cavt says:

See Harf, and I barf–

• floridagirllinda says:

TOTALLY AGREE! Oh, please please nail Harf for what she is, a liar, a deep state operative cover up player. When she first starting showing up on Fox at noon (show- Outnumbered) she totally bull dogged and harassed every contributor on the show, talking over them and shutting them down – typical left wring nut job . She finally made Melissa Francis cry on air! I think Fox told her to CALM DOWN or she would be off the show, because she has reigned it in lately. But she is part of the deep state cover up. Thank you Sundance for outing her!!! I was thrilled to see her name in you analysis!

• Mikayla825 says:

Actually I think a few of the ladies had a few words with her off camera, something was said the other day that made me believe it was a heck of a commercial break. The look Harris gave Marie I read as “Chick, you are over the line again, don’t make me come over there again and stomp yo’ azz!”

• Little Annie’s Fannie says:

Harris is the exact opposite of Harf. She is classy, smart and can actually develop her own thoughts! She was a great hire at Fox. Go 180 degrees and there’s Marie!

• SPELL 9 says:

Whenever I see Harf, I turn off FOX for the rest of the day. They usually bring her on after 9 AM

• Harley Driver says:

Harf doesn’t flinch when Molly states that the Dossier was used by the “FBI” to get the FISA warrant, but, goes ballistic and denies that the “Obama Officials” used it.

10. Hoosier_friend? says:

Harf graduated from Indiana University, which is a cesspool of libtarded social justice warriors. My brother attended IU and I no longer speak to him because he’s so unable to think for himself and believes the democrat narrative/world view of “muh, Russia”. Every person who goes to that school comes out libtarded/brain damaged. I hope Harf goes to prison.

• Dekester says:

Sincere question here. Why do Americans bother sending their children to these universities? They not only appear to be dangerous for ones development. But an incredible waste of money.

I guess the parents must be stunned Democrats themselves.

• Tegan says:

Dekester…I can assure you there is no way I would send my child to most of those schools….worked too darn hard to throw my money away.

• Dekester says:

Cheers, theses schools will likely die a slow death in the coming years.

Far better to put a down payment, say 50K on a home somewhere affordable and build your youngster some home equity. Rather than waste four years, and tens of thousands of dollars.

• jmclever says:

That was the lie that the boomers were sold: Send your kids (Gen X) to college so they can have a chance at the good life. But in reality, it was a way to brainwash the youth and enslave them (or their parents) with massive amounts of debt. When boomers started adult life, they began at 0. This generation often begins tens of thousands in debt (if both partners are college educated).

• Little Annie’s Fannie says:

Pay close attention to who gets free education—those raised on the government teat. Already loyal. Bleed the bank accounts of those raised with any conservative upbringing.

• Last year my brother-in-law excitedly told us the news that our nephew got accepted into Berkeley. We could only shake our heads. No words. Sent up a prayer for the kid.

• TwoLaine says:

I think you meant stunted Democrats.

• Rock Knutne says:

Dekester, Tegan, Tuaranos and GrandmainTexas – I understand your sentiment and may even have an argument for putting the money one might spend on a college education, incrementally into a 401k and by the time they’re 50 they’d have millions.

That being said here’s my anecdotal tale.

I have 3 college educated adult children. All graduated from liberal institutions. All still Trump loving staunch conservatives.

All have tales of numbskull liberal/progressive professors trying to introduce political bs into their classrooms inappropriately. My two older ones recognized it for what it was, put their noses to the grindstone and did what was necessary and got their grades. The youngest (of course) had to confront these goofballs. Because of it he got his degree with a little more effort.

They all have decent jobs and are upstanding patriotic American citizens.

I didn’t do anything special raising them. Just let them know from a very early age that THEY were responsible for anything THEY did.

It was their choice to go for a college education. I helped them but they worked while in school too. One last thing. They were all heavily involved in athletics. Kept them busy and out of trouble.

Just my 2 cents. Not every kid with a degree from these bastions of indoctrination turn out to be liberal numbskulls. Some of them voted for Trump.

• Dekester says:

Agreed Rock,

One is rolling the dice though. Our sons started investing in their own home at around nineteen or so, ( We gave them a loan for the D.P.) they fought us, but we pushed back. They are in their later twenties now, and their only debt is a mortgage.

One had a scholarship for University, but left early to be mentored in a career of his liking, the other attended community college and also had his much of his education paid by his employer.

Great to hear your youngsters are doing so well.

God bless PDJT.

• So good to hear your story. Parenting had a lot to do with their success I’m sure. 😊

• Turranos says:

You are so right, Hoosier. I have some distant family members with strong and long time ties to I.U. Oh my gosh, I sometimes get to see their “Libtard Disease” up close and personal. It is hard to even comprehend how they can possibly think like that.

• Jedi9 says:

Harf rhymes with “Barf”! I wonder if being told that as a child is one of the reasons she became a “SJW”?

• William F Buckley's Ghost says:

I saw Breaking Away! LOL

• ForGodandCountry says:

I feel you, Hoosier. My sister went to Yale and got indoctrinated. Borrowed $500K for a PhD in Medieval history, now works as a barista @ Starbucks today. Haven’t spoken with her in years, although we did exchange pleasantries at a family funeral about a year ago. So much more to say, but the sum of all is you just can’t reason with committed leftists, and their hypocritical virtue-signaling is insufferable. Plus, she laughs like a donkey. No pun intended.

• MTeresa says:

Sorry to say, but she’s a typical example of someone who would support Bernie and free education and student loan forgiveness. She’s not going to change and yes, she’s a committed leftist. Talk about the ultimate waste of time and $$…….. and not having a plan for life. Medieval history – what the hell do you do with a degree like that?

I would consider loan forgiveness for college tuition if the doctorate was in something useful like medicine, or engineering and that they would be willing to commit to 5 years of service to the military to pay back their benefactors.

• The Boss says:

I got into a nice verbal battle at a cocktail reception with one of their B-school department heads about 10-12 years back. My prediction which set him off?

The EU would implode in our lifetime, and Germany would lead the way.

• Dekester says:

Great prediction Boss.

I am loathe to say it, but I cannot envisage the U.S.A. staying united.

All hell will break lose if California and a few other of these large States. ( N.Y. and Illinois) are allowed to defy federal law with impunity. Those three States alone may bankrupt your great nation.

Such arrogance and corruption, would have been unheard of twenty years ago.

Hopefully PDJT can right the ship.

However he is only one man.

11. AngelOne says:

It never ceases to amaze me the projection of Democrats, accusing other’s of that which they themselves are guilty.

A trip down memory lane to the Clinton Presidency, Clinton ran the CIA on US soil to cover up the missile fired downing of TWA Flight 800, using the FBI and DOJ to cover up and silence critics. That DOJ cleaner’s name was Eric Holder.
    These sane Clinton’s who created the narrative that Trump could be blackmailed by a foreign power actually were blackmailed by Israel during negotiations as Israel had obtained audio recording of Bill Clinton’s phone sex during his presidency, a critical fact seemingly memory holed.

12. Turranos says:

If the president was someone else, it is marginally possible that he would not know about such things. However, there is no doubt that the “Kenyan in Chief” had his fingers deep within the pie!

13. Nessie509 says:

You can be aware of an activity but not fully comprehend.(sarcasm).

14. NJF says:

She literally makes me want to scream. I still can’t believe fox hired her. She has polluted some of my fav shows.

15. Margaret Berger says:

When talking about vast conspiracies this one can’t be beat and they all knew. They all knew, even the little bitty ones. Remember Maxine bragging about obummer’s files on everyone. These people talked about it over lunch and cocktails. They crowed and laughed and felt superior and competed with each other to show how “in the know” they were. All the hands are bloody. They can’t step back from it. They must keep repeating it as they have run out of plans.

16. My understanding is that the press secretaries are often left out of detailed discussions so that they can truthfully deny certain things or make certain statements.
    A useful idiot in other words. And doesn’t Harf fit well as a useful idiot?

17. Clara says:

It’s sad what has happened to your brother but he is still now and always will be your brother. The older I get the more I realize that family — any family unless they are actually abusive — is a gift and should never be taken for granted. Couldn’t you try to find something else to talk about with him? Many of these people have indeed been brainwashed but will eventually wake up.

• My sisters are both liberals; one is of the elitist, professor type. The other is living in another era…we do not talk politics anymore. They are my only family…as long as we stay away from politics we are fine.

• snailmailtrucker says:

I told every Liberal in my family to Kiss my Conservative azz years ago and
        will never talk to them again.
        I don’t play games with any Traitors no matter who they are !

18. TwoLaine says:

Marie Barf and Adam Schift for brains belong together.

19. MIKE says:

Nothing the deep state operatives have said in the past or will say in the future is going to age well. Nothing.

20. Bull Durham says:

Hold onto your hats, folks. Two, count them, two Russians involved in the Glenn Simpson sponsored Dossier and Uranium One deal are dead in the airplane crash in Russia today.

Vyacheslav Ivanov is a CFO of Rosatom, Russia’s nuclear energy company. He is alleged to have been involved in Hillary Clinton’s Uranium One deal with Russia back in 2009 under Barack Obama.

Sergei Millian is a Belarus-born businessman who has worked with the Trump Organization and was reportedly a key source in the explosive Dossier alleging ties between President Donald Trump and Russia.

21. arete55 says:

I find it very interesting that John Kerry’s name has resurfaced regarding a second dossier and his participation as Secretary of State during this whole period of FISA Court intrigue.

We are confronting a cabal of intimates, in this story line, and their individual bios need to be remembered.

Here are a couple of such long standing relationships that should not be forgotten.

John Kerry and Robert Mueller were high school classmates (’62) at St. Paul’s School in New Hampshire.

Cody Shearer, named in the article and linked with Sidney Blumenthal, is the brother of Brooke Shearer (deceased), who was wife of Strobe Talbott, and a significant confidant of Hillary Clinton’s throughout the Clinton Administration.

The Deep Swamp has layers and layers of similarly entrenched relationships

22. Kokanee says:

You can cheer-lead all you want SD, but the question remains … Where is our AG?

23. I want to see that whole chart of faces lit up in red and in a world of shi*#!

24. ezpz2 says:

It’s very hard to take seriously anything that comes out of the mouth of Marie Jobs-For-Jihadis Harf. Ugh.

25. Your Tour Guide says:

Someone mentioned yesterday that perhaps the Obama crowd had the
    MSM heads under surveillance, so they could be kept in line.

Hearing Harf mentioned here, I was adding up all the Friends Of Bill/
    Obama that CNN, FOX, ABC have hired.
    Harf, Van Jones, Brennan, Stephanopolous, ……..

Feel free to add to the list. It also seems too convenient by half that
    the approved narrative supporters get first dibs on air time after any
    traction is gained by conservatives. McCain, Flake, Schiff, Swallwell,
    Clapper, Brennan, Kasich, ……. I know that these turds are ideologically
    aligned with Obama/ Clinton, but how things happen is JUST TOO CONVENIENT.

Who’s the person sitting in the corner of the room with the gun to
    somebody’s head to make them instantly respond in the proper way?
    ( The entertainment divisions need to be lumped in here, also. The
    monologues are always hot off the presses to make sure everyone
    is being fed the proper group think.)

26. fleporeblog says:

Just like all roads lead to Rome, in this case all roads lead to BHO! They can do and try everything they can to save his sorry ass but it won’t work. Only one person will have the power to do so. He is our 45th President! Offer him a pardon and erase him forever from our history!

27. SeekerOfTruth says:

nearly 100% sure Obama knew all this was going on.
    He did not like to run the government much at all but his whole life has been about gathering dirt on and attacking his opponents. He was addicted to this so he could not stay totally out of the loop. He would want to be in on this action which is so foundational to his whole being.

Can you imagine any of us totally not doing some things we really love for 2 years. Not me. Especially since it wold take on a few moments here and there to keep informed and in on the “juicy stuff”. The spice that kept him smiling day after day like we are going to get these people.

Bottom line:
    Liberals always play the dumb card when exposed and Obama has used this dumb card frequently before. So Obama will play the dumb card again. Chance of that = nearly 100%.. But all the others will have to fall on swords to protect him.

• H.R. says:

SeekerOfTruth: “But all the others will have to fall on swords to protect him.”

We’re gonna’ need more swords.

P.S. That’s another way to ‘cut’ government, eh?

28. joeknuckles says:

I cannot stand that Harf Hag. She makes me want to vomit.

29. Kokanee says:

Where is our AG? When Newt and Nunes both are asking the same thing… one has to wonder if Little Ol’Jeff has tucked his tail…. not seeing anything to the contrary. Roll Tide… Roll???

30. Snail says:

These women want Equality right?

They twitch and dot the Jitterbug at the end of a Rope….
    just like their Male Counterparts do !

31. Donzo says:

In order for Zero to create an organization devoid of honest people he would have had to employ some kind of screening tool of considerable efficacy. How could he have managed to put together such a legion of groupthinkers? I cannot wrap my head around how he accomplished this.

• snailmailtrucker says:

Aren’t you aware that 90% of Liberals would have given their Left Testicke/Ovary to
      Break Laws with Team Obama/Hillary !

• MTK says:

When you stop to thing about what you are asking… stop and think about an entirely different set of questions, ie ask questions about?, what contemporary org is the most effective in identifing useful liers. In doing so the answer to your question will make itself appearnt.

32. All Too Much says:

Earlier today Nunes pointed out that Lynch and Kerry knew.
    Of course he knew.

33. snailmailtrucker says:

Here Jeffie
    Here Jeffie !

34. MAGAbear says:

Wait, a Clintonista/Obozoite telling lies?! Say it ain’t so!

I guess not believing one is accountable in the afterlife for their sins in this life gives one free reign to lie……..and lie they do.

35. Margaret Berger says:

Your Tour Guide, I have been wondering the same thing. Who is picking up the phone and saying this is what you will say and these are the talking points. Sidney? Sora$$? Jarrett? There is some very organized damage control going on in the background and who ever it is is fast.

36. Le Borgne says:

Harf must be the love-child of Elizabeth Warren and Adam Schiff. No other origin story makes sense.

37. Anonymous says:

WTF is talking to Blumenthal about? He’s not a part of the State Department or the government at all.

• Judy W says:

Hillary’s BFF

• Donzo says:

Golf and grandchildren.

• SJM says:

Another media/Deep State figure involved at the ground floor of the Foster cover-up has emerged in the wake of a criminal referral related to the FISA-warrant scandal by Senators Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham. According to Grassley and Graham, someone connected to the U.S. State Department was involved in the supplying of spurious Russia-connected information on Trump. After Rep. Trey Gowdy characterized the person to Martha MacCallum of Fox News, MacCallum guessed, “Sidney Blumenthal?”

“That’d be really warm. You’re warm. Yeah,” responded Gowdy.

According to Judicial Watch, Blumenthatl is also connected to a second dubious dossier that repeats many of the unverified claims in the Steele dossier.

A good summation of Blumenthal’s role in the Foster cover-up, and much more, is to be found in my 2015 article, “Sidney Blumenthal, Vince Foster, and the Deep State.” Here is an excerpt:

[As Washington correspondent for The New Yorker], Blumenthal did not write critically of the Clinton scandals, but he did indeed report on perhaps the biggest controversy of all, if his writing on the matter can properly be called reporting. It was that writing, in fact, that first brought him to my attention. The following passage is from my first installment of “America’s Dreyfus Affair: The Case of the Death of Vincent Foster”:

[Walter] Pincus’s theme of [Vincent] Foster as fragile victim of the merciless press was picked up on by Sidney Blumenthal in his August 9 [1993] New Yorker article:

Foster sought perspective through a number of conversations with Walter Pincus, a reporter for the Washington Post, whose wife is from Little Rock. “He couldn’t understand why the press was the way it was,” Pincus said. “It was a sense that people would print something that was wrong, and that other people would repeat it. I’d say, ‘You can’t let the press get your goat; you have to go on. This is how the game is played.’ He’d say, ‘Fine.’ ”

The article is titled simply “The Suicide,” and it can most fairly be described as a very vigorous sales job for the notion that Deputy White House Counsel Vincent W. Foster, Jr. committed suicide because this experienced courtroom litigator couldn’t take the public scrutiny of his new job in Washington. While masquerading as an objective journalist, Blumenthal, it is clear, was already doing the work for which he would be openly paid within the year when he went to work for the White House; he was acting as a shill for the Clintons.

Foster’s body had been discovered at an obscure Civil War relic named Fort Marcy Park off the George Washington Parkway on the Virginia side of the Potomac River late in the day on July 20. The nearest federal facility to it is the CIA headquarters complex perhaps a mile away as the crow flies, a fact never mentioned in the press. I had lived in Fairfax County, where the park is located, since 1982 and I had never heard of it. Foster, who had only been in town a few months living in Georgetown, had reported for work as usual on that Tuesday and was reported to have had a cheeseburger for lunch at his desk. Then, according to the known narrative at the time, he had left the office and wasn’t seen again until his body was discovered around 6 pm in a remote spot in this remote park that there was no record of his having previously visited.

It is quite obvious that Blumenthal hadn’t bothered to check out the park and the unlikely spot where they tell us Foster chose to blow his brains out with an untraceable nondescript .38 caliber revolver made up of the parts of two guns, because he wrote in his New Yorker piece that the park overlooks the Potomac River. It does not. It’s somewhat near the river, but you can’t see it from there. Chain Bridge Road runs between the park and the river, and you can’t see the river from that road either until you get near to the Potomac-crossing bridge that gives the road its name, a bit further to the south.

It would appear that practically the entire stable of Deep State media hacks who served the Clintons so well in the past have been trotted out in the effort to bring down Donald Trump.

David Martin
      February 7, 2018

38. bkeyser says:

Wow. I was watching her body language and she clearly got rattled when Mollie asked “who picked up the funding?” Harf knew. Then tried to downplay the dossier.

They really put themselves in a bind with that thing. The media can’t get their narrative right – first it’s evidence of collusion, then it’s worthless fantasy that had no bearing on the FISA warrants, then it had bearing, but not much and apparently through a wink and a nod, communicated to the FISC that although they weren’t supposed to include anything in the application that wasn’t independently verified by the US IC or LE, they added it to bring some levity to the room.

Or something.

39. bessie2003 says:

Is it unimaginable that these same people that were complicit in putting together secret reports and dossiers of then candidate Trump were not also putting together similar lines of deceitful dossiers and reports on other potential candidates, from both sides of the Uni-Party aisle, and are holding onto those stories in case they can be used in future election cycles?

It seems if they did this with one they would certainly do the same thing against others..

I keep waiting for reporters to begin wondering out loud about who else was the target of U.S. spying for political blackmail; when others who may have been, perhaps still are targets with the fancy computers set up in the Jar-ret/O home in D.C. with the help of their computer google buddy
    (referencing the records that Maxine Waters described), when those folks start to realize they too could be next in line to be set up, that’s when the ball will really start to roll downhill and gain momentum.

Popcorn’s a-poppin!

• TDU_Weight says:

You are peeking down the right rabbit hole. Consider the goals of the different sources of defamatory Trump information, in all its forms (reports from Sid Vicious, dossier from Steele, confirmed intelligence reporting) were not only intended to seed the narrative, but to chum the water (which some might argue is the same thing, wait for the extended co-joined but not mixed metaphor).

The information as passed in written form as reports to DoS and Fusion GPS eventually are “officially” received by the FBI. Long before that happens, the rumors were buzzing around D.C. like flies around a bucket of sh*t. DoS personnel, in the know, either having “officially” seen the reports or not (corridor/cafeteria grapevine) are telling tales out of school left and right on the DIP circuit. The reporters briefed by Steele, and primed by Fusion GPS, are doing the same thing in the MSM circuit .And, in time. the information was being spread in the political and intelligence circles in much the same manner. Now you have the makings of a perfect CCI sh*t storm.

Russian intel sussed what was going on pretty quick. It was easy to deduce since they knew they were not the source of the D.C. rumors about Trump. But what an opportunity. The word was passed and certain “people” who knew they were for a fact under electronic surveillance started making vague remarks in their electronic communications. NSA picks it up, and confirmation bias kicks in. Unsolicited information makes its way to Steele. Wonder where that came from? Still wonder what the FBI and Intel community want kept out of the Democrat HPSCI memo. Not so much that there is raw intel defamatory to Trump. But that the Russian intel punked at least part of the U.S. intel community. Unfortunately it was a majority of the intel community. Why a majority. Ferrofluids and magnetic fields.

The problem for the FBI is that they have access to the raw NSA reporting. The problem for the NSA is that the FBI has access to the raw NSA reporting. We have heard the “You can’t handle the truth” quotes in the treehouse lately. Here is one the NSA wishes the FBI had paid attention to – “You can’t handle the lies!” Remember Admiral Rogers demurs about the DNI report on “Russian meddling” while the others have “high confidence” in the report. The NSA knows how easy it is to turn a successful access operation against you into a successful disinformation operation that works for you. That is why Gen M. Hayden was internally fought tooth and nail over allowing outside access to raw data when the intel community was realigned under the DNI. He was warned. He did not listen. The Russians detected the salted fields of disinformation on Trump, chummed the waters, and the likes of Farkas, Schiff, Warner, Pelosi, et al. were in on the feeding frenzy.

Lots of talk in the treehouse about buying corn futures (popcorn). Personally, I have been buying futures in Corvus narcissus.

40. paulraven1 says:

So, another day, another lie and another liar. But what do they care? We live in the age of no consequences, no accountability. Rosenstein keeps his job, Mueller grinds on, Hillary coughs on, the Left keeps lying and attacking, lying and attacking, lying and attacking.

41. benifranlkin says:

Didn’t Leeeeza Page say “Potus wants to know everything”?
    Once they realize they are all going down they will turn on Obama and say that they did all this reluctantly at the President’s direction, knowing how wrong it was, but to curry his favor. That will be the only way to save themselves. Maybe Priestap has already said as much and is spilling his guts.

• Caius Lowell says:

What she meant though was that St. Barack’s intellectual curiosity is so boundless that beyond healing the land, the oceans, the atmosphere, and racial strife, St. Obama wanted to “know everything” so he could heal — wait for it — the universe… Bam! That just happened!

42. Caius Lowell says:

Always hated Marie Harf — or as I call her, Foreign Policy Barbie…

43. RedBallExpress says:

I guess looking back everyone was crazy to question Obama’s birth certificate.

44. Sporty says:

What liberal can anyone here name that doesn’t lie their a$$ off?

45. ForGodandCountry says:

Sundance wrote:

———————————————-
    ———————————————-

If I were a senior FOX News executive, I’d have a daily 30 min. PM segment devoted to this topic, to include major figures in the MSM. Call it something like “Said & Saying, Before & After”. The last half of the hour would focus exclusively on the MSM and be the “Here’s what they didn’t tell you” segment, focusing on key news they’ve blacklisted and refused to report on.

Then again, for this to work right, Fox would have to fire Sheppard Smith.

46. wolfmoon1776 says:

This is a fun watch – Glenn Beck (clearly taking his meds) describing Fusion GPS. It’s mostly old news, but it’s a nice review and a fun delivery!

47. WeThePeople2016 says:

I cannot stand Marie Harf. She lies the minute she opens her mouth. The channel is turned as soon as she appears. It figures that FOX has her on their payroll.

48. jst1 says:

This is what will be said and it will be difficult to prove otherwise. People protect their leader.

49. dimitri.kissov70@gmail.com says:

It will be called the ‘I didn du nutin’ defense. Soon, the MSM will claim that ‘the smartest person in the room’ was a pathetic narcissist who spent meetings looking at himself in the mirror and practicing his Mussolini chin wag. Trust me, Chris Mathews will go all in on this. The use of certain racial profiles will be done to claim anyone who questions this new narrative is racist. Watch.

• David Munday says:

Nobody even cares, besides us. It’s amazing.

• rashomon says:

It’s the quality of who cares, not the quantity as those who take the time to investigate and analyze become the pushers and movers who encourage others to vote people such as Donald J. Trump into leadership. They take the hours — make the effort — as they know the dangers of not acting. And they don’t do it for the money, but for the moral issues and the future of this country.

The contributors to and readers of (and that number is rising exponentially) TCTH are asking questions of their government I have never seen asked before, and this will certainly impact state and local candidates, thus elections, as well.

Say strong, David. Somebody up there cares.

• Patrick Blasz says:

“It’s the quality of who cares, not the quantity . . . ” The American Communist Party employed this strategy in the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s . . . The leadership is always a small but effective percentage.

• jeff montanye says:

it has also been the source of much of the strength of neoconservatism and zionists generally. passion counts for much, especially when nearly everyone else has no higher calling than careerism and self aggrandizement.

• obamaclaus says:

I disagree that no one cares. Take a look at this from The Nation, a site not known for siding with the right:

• AmericaFirst says:

Thank you for that link. This would actually be a pretty good article to send to those who are still blinded by “Russian influence.” It lays out most of the facts as to what probably happened, without going into a lot of weeds. It also manages to overlook the HRC campaign influence on the dossier.

Reading it after spending days/weeks/months on CTH means I understood it, and it is possible that a complete neophyte may not read it as coherently as we do.

• Bobby Stevens says:

Great link, one of the better article I have read in explaining all this nonsense that is happening. I was actually shocked that a professor wrote it that is aligned with NYU.

• Leane Kamari says:

Have a look who has been requested by Grassley to provide all and any comunication:

For the period from March 2016 through January 2017, please provide all
      communications to, from, copying, or relating to: Fusion GPS; Bean LLC; Glenn
      Simpson; Mary Jacoby; Peter Fritsch; Tom Catan; Jason Felch; Neil King; David
      Michaels; Taylor Sears; Patrick Corcoran; Laura Sego; Jay Bagwell; Erica Castro;
      Nellie Ohr; Rinat Akhmetshin; Ed Lieberman; Edward Baumgartner; Orbis Business
      Intelligence Limited; Orbis Business International Limited; Walsingham Training
      Limited; Walsingham Partners Limited; Christopher Steele; Christopher Burrows;
      Sir Andrew Wood, Paul Hauser; Oleg Deripaska; Cody Shearer; Sidney
      Blumenthal; Jon Winer; Kathleen Kavalec; Victoria Nuland; Daniel Jones; Bruce
      Ohr; Peter Strzok; Andrew McCabe; James Baker; Sally Yates; Loretta Lynch; John
      Brennan.
      Now we know anyother part of the cabal

• rashomon says:

That’s one fat, sassy and arrogant grocery list for cooking The Goose!

• missilemom says:

Where’s the weasel, James Clapper?

• Mike Gino says:

Hopefully, a benevolent funding source such as the Mercer’s will present a website that lists all of these traitorous miscreants in deliberative detail for all of the honest world to see.

• G. Combs says:

Don’t forget get to add the wives/husbands brothers/sisters/cousins/classmates to that list. 😁
        ……..

This is the best overall explanation I have seen of what we face:

America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution by Angelo M. Codevilla
        July 16, 2010

“…No prominent Republican challenged the ruling class’s continued claim of superior insight, nor its denigration of the American people as irritable children who must learn their place. The Republican Party did not disparage the ruling class, because most of its officials are or would like to be part of it.

Never has there been so little diversity within America’s upper crust. Always, in America as elsewhere, some people have been wealthier and more powerful than others. But until our own time America’s upper crust was a mixture of people who had gained prominence in a variety of ways, who drew their money and status from different sources and were not predictably of one mind on any given matter….

Today’s ruling class, from Boston to San Diego, was formed by an educational system that exposed them to the same ideas and gave them remarkably uniform guidance, as well as tastes and habits. These amount to a social canon of judgments about good and evil, complete with secular sacred history, sins (against minorities and the environment), and saints. Using the right words and avoiding the wrong ones when referring to such matters — speaking the “in” language — serves as a badge of identity. Regardless of what business or profession they are in, their road up included government channels and government money because, as government has grown, its boundary with the rest of American life has become indistinct. Many began their careers in government and leveraged their way into the private sector. Some, e.g., Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner, never held a non-government job. Hence whether formally in government, out of it, or halfway, America’s ruling class speaks the language and has the tastes, habits, and tools of bureaucrats. It rules uneasily over the majority of Americans not oriented to government.

The two classes have less in common culturally, dislike each other more, and embody ways of life more different from one another than did the 19th century’s Northerners and Southerners — nearly all of whom, as Lincoln reminded them, “prayed to the same God.” By contrast, while most Americans pray to the God “who created and doth sustain us,” our ruling class prays to itself as “saviors of the planet” and improvers of humanity. Our classes’ clash is over “whose country” America is, over what way of life will prevail, over who is to defer to whom about what….”

And this piece shows the complete arrogance of the ‘Ruling Class’
        6/28/2016 — Foreign Policy Magazine: It’s Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses “It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry.”

YEAH Think??

“…Donald Trump has, of course, set a new standard for disingenuousness and catering to voters’ fears, whether over immigration or foreign trade or anything else he can think of. The Republican Party, already rife with science-deniers and economic reality-deniers, has thrown itself into the embrace of a man who fabricates realities that ignorant people like to inhabit.

Did I say “ignorant”? Yes, I did. It is necessary to say that people are deluded and that the task of leadership is to un-delude them….” — by James Traub, a Non-Resident Fellow at New York University’s Center on International Cooperation (CIC). AND a member of the Council on Foreign Relations… Funny how Wiki and other bios leaves that point out.

• Orville R. Bacher says:

Marie Harf, happily playing her part as the useful idiot for the DNC party.

• moray watson says:

The “I didn’t know anything even though I asked to be told everything” defence. (One thing about Strzok and Page, nobody thinks they were lying to each other in their texts.)

• bajawisconsin says:

Actually, he didn’t know until he read about it in the newspaper…