Swamp Guardian and Fox News primary Decepticon, Brett Baier, interviews former Obama CIA Director Leon Panetta and President Trump’s current CIA Director Mike Pompeo during a Reagan Defense Forum summit at the Reagan Library.

Leon Panetta and Hillary Clinton worked hand in hand over the horrific policy execution in Libya and Syria.  The joint CIA/DoS mission, Operation Zero Footprint, was an outcome of President Obama’s finding memo authorizing the covert mission in Libya.

Panetta is 100% full-on Deep State/Deep Swamp.  Current CIA Director Mike Pompeo is a bridge leading away from the larger Deep State apparatus. The distinction between the two comes out in buckets.

For those who use Twitter DaveNYiii has a great thread on the discussion – SEE HERE

This entry was posted in CIA, Deep State, Iran, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, Military, N Korea, North Africa, Pakistan, President Trump, propaganda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized, Yemen. Bookmark the permalink.

297 Responses to Brett Baier Interviews CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Former Director Panetta at Reagan Defense Forum…

1. Liked by 12 people

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The intent of the Arab Spring was to destabilize the region so that the muslim brotherhood could take over as many governments as possible. He knows that and is now just blowing out a no-formula smokescreen.

• PDQ says:

exactly.
        “stablalize” is not part if their vernacular…

• nuthinmuffin says:

they were trying to let the brotherhood recreate the levant and al sisi would have none of it, thank goodness. obama is a nefarious subversive

• you are 1000% RIGHT.
        and Obummer is a MUSLIM AND THAT’S ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW, AND A ENEMY OF OUR PEOPLE AND REPUBLIC AND NEEDS 6 FEET UNDER.

• Wayne Tallaksen says:

Ahmen! Even Fox News does not admit to the truth that we armed and financed Al Qaeda and ISIS as a proxy army to take out Assad. We created Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden was a proxy warrior against the Russians. Trump rails against the swamp even though he has always been a member and will do their bidding. There is only one party now, your vote is worthless, a government by the people for the people does not exist anymore. We have been fed nothing but BS for years! Trump or Hillary,….There is no difference we lost our nation.

2. Thanks everyone for your compliments. I came to the Treehouse over a year ago and SD and the Treepers showed me the puppet strings and how to carefully watch these exchanges. I am the fruit of this tree.

• NebraskaFilly says:

And we have all, each and every one of us, learned mightily as well. I cannot stress strongly enough the gratitude I feel for what SD and my fellow Treepers have taught me and for their support through my gaffs and mis-steps.

• Tejas Rob says:

Great twitter thread TS!

• Trumpedinillinos says:

That was a great analysis. Thanks for putting it together and sharing!

• bkrg2 says:

thank you solider and sundance – what a great way to start my Sunday!
      I thought Pompeo was the new Secretary of State??? just kidding!

I always knew Panetta was a moron, but I love how he double & triples down on his stupidity and failures.
      First time I’ve seen Pompeo in action – this guy is awesome!

• ginaswo says:

Awesome analysis Dave. Much appreciated!! 🤗🤗♥️😊😉

• Dixie says:

You are one of the jewels found in the tree!

• FreeLayerOK says:

TrumpSoldier, very wonderful breakdown on Twitter! The confidence and courage that Mr. Pompeo brought to the conversation was truly strength, confidence and joy in getting the job done and how they are enjoying creating a learning organization that works with direction and purpose.

• jsbachlover says:

Yes, thanks for that. Very well done. I didn’t really know much about Mike Pompeo; hadn’t heard him speak. I was impressed. I feel relieved to know that somebody like him is now heading the CIA, and will try to work against the Black Hats.

3. zephyrbreeze says:

Panetta is making excuses. Trump DESPISES people who make excuses.

Obama “BEGAN to RECOGNIZE in the LAST FEW YEARS”….wow, what a screw-up Obama was.

Can we go after Boko Haram. We’re the freakin’ United States of America. Panetta is part of the group that downplays the ability of a few well-armed people to keep a government at bay.

• H&HC 2nd-16th says:

Ask Mad Dog how many troops he needs to do it and let’m loose. End of discussion; end of Boko Haram. Don’t whine about collateral damage. Next topic?

• farmhand1927 says:

Hillary refused to declare Boko Harem a terrorist organization and Michelle thought a photo of her and her moronic twitter message would get those poor young women freed. Apparently at some point someone shamed John “I threw my military medals over the WH fence” Kerry to make the terrorist declaration.

First one dangerous screw up after another and still they tried to pawn Hillary off on us as Commander in Chief. The very thought, even though God blessed us and she lost, is beyond obscene. Also obscene is any Obama era retreads ever thinking they are fit to serve this nation in any capacity.

4. zephyrbreeze says:

If these viral threats are so potentially catastrophic, then we have to decapitate all our enemies.

5. Bob says:

Sorry, I tried, I just can’t stomach Panetta. He is the slimiest of the slimy.

• You don’t have to watch the whole thing. I did that for you and pulled out the best parts. See them here>>>>https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/937173884817854464

• Hi TrumpSoldier very glad you found the Treehouse too! Thank you for putting this together, a lot of effort and insight so we can see how the great teammates like Pompeo deal with the Swamp scum. And thanks Sundance for highlighting it.

I hadn’t seen Pompeo speak before. Very impressive, glad Pompeo’s on Team Trump! His 2 word response to B Baier’s TDS gotcha question was priceless! Baier surely didn’t mean to but he delivered a priceless moment for the Trump team!

Great threads, go read ‘em tree mates!

• sat0422 says:

Trump does his research before hiring anyone.
          I don’t know how three got by him but I suspect in a weak moment he listened to the wrong people: Scar the Mooch; Flynn the flip-flop and Sessions. However, the game is still playing and Sessions will be soon found out to be good or bad.

• Coast says:

Thank you….

• Larry Bucar says:

Really, TY, these deep state execuse-o-maniacs like panetta are beyond disgusting and just need to be humiliated and tried for their treasonous high crimes and misdemeanors

• Agave says:

Thank you TS! That TweetSuite was very well put togethor. Many of us understand the trajectory of these types of events, and really dislike the set up. This really demonstrates how well the Trump administration is prepared, and that they are fighting for what they believe!

• auscitizenmom says:

TY That was so helpful. Often I will watch something like that and miss those points. Appreciate it.

• jmclever says:

Thank you for doing that for us, @TrumpSoldier. Very insightful. I love the fact that the Swamp is being shown to be incompetent.

6. zephyrbreeze says:

Mike Pompeo does a tremendous job of promoting the CIA. Unfortunately, in the past, they have used some people as mere fodder for the machine. CIA whistleblowers have legitimate concerns about the corruption of the Deep State.

7. Patriot1783 says:

Easy to tell which CIA Director has a better command over world events and threats.
    Panetta should be rotting in prison for his participation in Benghazi murders and coverup.

• Carrie2 says:

Patriot, Trump is now going to make sure the FBI and CIA are removed of leftists/Obama/Clinton followers, so we should see that soon because our president knows they are there now but soon won’t be. 8 yrs. of Obama and his people, including Panetta was just to weaken our country and did nothing in the ME except causing more problems. It is also obvious that Pompeo is too smart to mention what is being done and has been done and I respect him for that. With President Trump and people like Pompeo the world is now spinning in the opposite direction and every democrat is spinning with hate and dislike of our success while all they wanted was failure!

8. Panetta is just an old fart…time to fade into the sunset…your time has passed. So funny hearing him talk about computers…does he know how to use one?

Pompeo is light years ahead of him…Pompeo’s comments about the usefulness of Trump’s tweets clearly demonstrates the difference in perspective. I didn’t really know that much about Pompeo, but his interview is really helpful and he is clearly an excellent choice by PTrump.

Panetta is so patronizing towards the American people…guess what you old fart, we understand more than you do about what is going on.

9. yakmaster2 says:

Panetta has the longest twisty statements getting to his answers, which in the end is “I dunno.”

• Carrie2 says:

Yakmaster2, you mean he had to twist his statements because he and Obama did not do anything of value, and then with Hillary as SofS, they did even less but trying to overthrow our country. The FBI and CIA will definitely be cleansed as now coming up by Trump in his tweeting. Yes, democrats hate Wikileaks because they were doing the “wrongs” against our country and he let it flow. I agree Manning (he/she) was doing the dirty and now in service and making money, which is utterly absurd to me. He deserved being discharged and in prison. Not that he was wrong in what he knew but not the one to spout it. Panetta was and is a failure but earned big money working in more than one place under Obama. It is easy to see that Pompeo is the smarter one and the CIA will be cleansed and patriots hired. YEA!

10. Panetta still worried about inflaming the Muslim terrorists…him and Europe. We’ll be rescuing England and Europe from themselves at some point…I ‘d rather not…let Prince Harry and his left wing future wife do it.

• kiskiminetas says:

I doubt that we will do that. We will only be helping those who are fighting against the Islamic terrorism and migration .May and others who do nothing about it will have to change their ways to merit being rescued from the hell they have put on themselves. PDJT has engendered an economic cash cow for them to generate money. The choice for them is to either join or face hard times to come on their own.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

It’s not our fight this time in Europe. Let the former Eastern Bloc take care of it. Countries which are pushing back against the EU’s muslim invasion are willing and able. Once Germany devolves into an Islamic State nations like Hungary, Romania and especially Poland will act as they have been waiting 70 years to send troops into the Rhineland.

• PDQ says:

their ideology is already inflamed…their goal is to kill and conquer.

what do these people not understand about that?

• sat0422 says:

Harry really should have panned for a wife in his home country. They seem so odd together. Two years and we will know if it is a marriage made in heaven.

11. NJF says:

Great shout out Dave!

• Carrie2 says:

Larry, my thought is that the democrats are still living in the past without realizing we are living in the here and now and our future. Same old rhetoric is no longer acceptable nor wanted nor needed. Pres. Trump is on top of everything and that they also cannot understand and hence cannot accept. Proving again ignorance like stupidity cannot be cured. Democrats like war so their supporters can get richer. Pres. Trump does not but is not backing down either but uses common sense in actually connecting with other countries as we have seen in the last several months. WE hit the jackpot but the democrat whiners just don’t get it any more.

• You are right about dems living in the past. All the ones I know, including my two sisters, have not changed their thinking on anything since the 196o’s. It amazes me…they literally stopped growing and developing when they were in their late teens and early 20’s.

12. Someone upthread pointed this out and I made a new clip.

13. KittyKat says:

It’s obvious that the swamp, not just Panetta, is deeply concerned about the president tweeting. They are concerned because the tweets are so effective.

Panetta believes the right way to run the WH is as an operational PR firm — “messaging” yada, yada, yada. That theory explains why so many admins have been as transparent as mud.
    Panetta believes that “messaging” (which is always manipulative) can substitute for communication, and that is all they owe the rabble.

Panetta’s wrong. President Trump’s tweeting is not phony messaging, it’s genuine communication, writ large — direct, transparent, and accountable to the people who voted for him.

Panetta was disgustingly condescending in his evaluation of the president’s understanding of the world. Panetta is not one to talk and should hang his head in shame at how little he understands President Trump.

• kiskiminetas says:

He understands crystal clear what Trump and his message to the swamp and those that oppose him is about. He said as much in his inaugural speech. .

• Pompeo helped him hang his head, his response directly put him in his place as a failure, and you could hear the audience gasp, they got it.
      ⛅️
      🍿
      ☂️

• KittyKat says:

His last gasp attack against the President’s tweets was, “You gotta have a strategy.”

It’s depressing to see such a display of woeful ignorance. If he thinks that the president’s tweets are not strategic and disciplined he’s got another think coming.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Pompeo was rather glumly received here on the Treehouse when he was named CIA Director. Many wrote him off I think because he had been a Congress critter and/or some of his views didn’t perfectly align with a MAGA agenda.

Pompeo is one I have been “in wait and see mode” on since he was confirmed. It is hard to know what he is up to, because, well, if he is any good you don’t expect him to be out there in the spotlight. Spooks generally shun the attention.

Still, this was an appropriate forum for him to emerge, I think, and he did it very well! I loved seeing him fight back (my favorite thing about PDJT and his administration) and smartly, loyally, defend PDJT.

• FreeLayerOK says:

Panetta I’ve always felt was no-good and he proved to be very outmatched in this exchange with Mr. Pompeo. All of Obama’s swamp creatures are being shown how incompetent they are by “Your Favorite President (me).” They hate him for being exposed as criminal losers as the strength, confidence, vision and purpose the new administration marches forward.

• jmclever says:

The tweets are effective for we deplorables because they eliminate the DNC/MSM ability to gaslight the electorate. Gaslighting only works when the target(s) are isolated and controlled by the abuser. All it takes is one truth teller to say, “No, you’re not crazy. No, it’s not just you.” President Trump is that truth teller. Bill Whittle says it very well.

14. PureInHeart says:

The setting of the interview struck me as strange. The participants are seated far apart and in a straight line. Panetta and Baier can see each other, while Pompeo has to shift back and forth in his chair to see one, then the other. The cameras focus on one person at a time so we are denied access to the reactions and body language of the participants. Mike Pompeo is also denied this advantage by being seated in the middle. The advantage belongs to Baier alone. Tricky!

15. phoenixRising says:

16. PDQ says:

Some of the most powerful people in America have been gathering weekly to learn more about God’s Word, and this Trump Cabinet Bible study is making history.

Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Agriculture Secretary Sunny Perdue, and CIA Director Mike Pompeo are just a few of the regulars.

“It’s the best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life. They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned,” Drollinger said.

_____________________________________

As one who fully embraces the Truth of God’s Word and understands (because of God’s Spirit in me) the importance of writing the Word on one’s heart – I have never forgotten this little tid-bit that I read in July.

It matters…BIGLY.

• KittyKat says:

It certainly does matter BIGLY. It is a momentous development.

It is the most important thing they could spend their time on, and will help them make wise decisions.

• Mondanock says:

Right there with you, PDQ – my King is Jehovah God, my Bridegroom is Jesus Christ, and my Captain is PDJT. I am grateful to God every day for the fact that He’s given us this opportunity to turn the country around and MAGA… even more grateful to have lived to see this happening.

• FreeLayerOK says:

Thank you for this and the video link to CBN. I’m in my new weekly Bible study every Sunday. It feels so good to know these great men and women leading our nation are also in their study classes every week. People of God rejoice!

• Bitcoin & Stock Market Timing says:

Thank you for this Bible study post, it gives me hope and encourages my soul and hope for my kids

• Bitcoin & Stock Market Timing says:

17. Ditch Mitch says:

Great thread treepers! Pompeo has always been a Trump supporter. I can’t wait to see the reaction on Trish Regan’s show Monday. She attended the Forum and has been touting it all week. Trish appears to be one of the better FBN hosts and knowing her reaction to the event will be a big tell.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Trish is often good, but when she is bad she is horrid. She went off the rails over Charlottesville and some other recent event that escapes me and when she does she just flogs the heck out of the issue. Still, 90 percent of the time she is good. Just beware, that’s all.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Ahh,,,the little girl who lives down the lane. “When she is good she is very, very good, When she is bad she is horrid”.

Sylvia, I stopped watching her after Charlottesville for about a month. Then she subbed for Lou and went back on my “good girl” list. Lots of people got duped by Charlottesville, that’s what it was designed for.

I am interested in how she reports on the RNDF. Gotta have something to brighten Monday.

• Sylvia Avery says:

You know, I think FBN is the best cable TV option and I love Lou. He’s my main man.

But there are some bad eggs there that I avoid like the plague, Cavuto, Liz Claman, Gasparino.

I guess the truth is we can never, ever let down our guard. We need to always watch our media intake with our Critical Thinking Goggles firmly in place, so that when the Trish’s of this world go off the tracks we can spot it and recognize it and ignore the input as garbage.

It will be interested to hear her thoughts on the RNDF. I’ll try to remember to watch!

18. recoverydotgod says:

Panetta can’t take Pres. Trump’s tweeting is what I learned, but then I knew this already. 🙂

19. Mondanock says:

A brief exchange upthread touched on whether or not we will eventually have to rescue Great Britain and Europe again…

Something to consider here is that the Brits and the French have nukes – whatever else happens in Europe, those two countries must not be allowed to be consumed by muslims. I suspect that the clear thinkers in the Trump Administration are aware of this, and are even now planning how to counter the advance of Islam in those two places.

If I remember correctly, the Brits have some of their nukes cruising the globe on submarines – if you think NK with nukes is a problem, imagine what we’d be looking at if Islam even gets its hands on a Brit boomer… inbound missiles from the waters of Bermuda would be tough to defend…

Those tweets aren’t happening in a vacuum………………………

20. G. Combs says:

Gee, I think there is a real resemblance to Panetta…

21. Just went back and watched first 30 minutes and it’s just that Panetta has no clue…about anything, It’s just talk and generalizations with no first hand experience on how the world works. Yet he pontificates like he knows something…oh it really got me when he assumed there is no strategy to Trump’s tweets….no wonder the country is such a mess after having people like this running the country

22. Katherine McCoun says:

Panetta was working hard to forward the Uniparty talking point that President Trump is unstable, which he specifically mentioned as well as alluded to at other times.

He was fixated on the time of the tweets, indicating that an early riser who starts work early is somehow odd, weird, sign of oddity and an indication of unstableness. The emphasis on President Trump tweeting instead of doing x number of other things is mentioned as well despite the fact that tweets take less than a couple of minutes. Panetta even said that the tweets should be filtered through someone else before they are sent out.

He acts as though President Trump is a figure head and does not formulate his own foreign policy or make decisions for himself. Is this a reflection of the type of political figures that with whom Panetta is used to working rather than the reality of President Trump’s abilities?

Panetta points out that if he were the Chief of Staff then he would be waking up every day to the chaos of the tweets that POTUS has sent out. Well, know we know that Panetta sleeps late in comparison to President Trump! And that he thinks the tweets are random and against policy. He says that President Trump sends them on the spur of the moment, flying by the seat of his pants.

I think President Trump knows exactly what his foreign policy is, what is happening and what he wants to happen. His staff respond to the direction he sets. Panetta emphasized that there should be an agreed upon, unified message of the day and that Trump’s early tweets demonstrate chaos v. unified message. I guess Panetta is used to a POTUS who needs to be told what the day’s message is.

I think President Trump’s tweet are what set the day’s unified message! His staff begin their day with his tweets as the day’s message and go from there. No confusion. Clear set from the moment President Trump tweets!

Anyway, I think he is just trying to further the fake news narrative of chaos, of confusion, of incompetence and of instability — none of which are true.

Fantastic performance by Pompeo and excellent work by NYDavevii!

23. Jenny R. says:

LOL! Now that’s what you call a full metal jacket ending!
    Right now the lefty “impeach him! now!” de jure is that the President is mentally/emotionally unstable. Panetta and Baier tried to use the tweets as an angle to that. Pompeo cut them off at the knees (after trying to be polite, one might add).
    And in doing so, gave the heads up — there will be no former backing defensively into a corner from lefty attacks…molon labe as it were. Looks like we got a preview of at some of whom will blink first…in my opinion of course.

• Jenny R. says:

nice try by Panetta to insinuate that “mean videos make muslims mad” too — so we need net neutrality and oversight to make sure their feelings don’t get offended lest they turn violent…please!

24. The Jimmy Jack says:

Panetta’s comments about having no plan of action for or Libya should labd him and the entirely Clinton/Obama cabal in’s prison for war crimes.

25. Ditch Mitch says:

Just watched the whole thing for a 2nd time. Pompeo was amazing in how he handled Bear, Leon and the audience.

30-40 min slot about tweeting and PDJT’s mental state was painful to listen to; however, Pompeo’s comments about how engaged PDJT is and how helpful PDJT’s tweeting can be nailed it. What really got me was Pompeo stating PDJT’s policies and his support of PDJT and his policies won the audience over.

In a previous post I said the stage was set for a crossfire with Pompeo in the middle. That failed miserably because Pompeo turned his back on Panetta and made him irreverent.

I do agree with other treepers that the camerawork sucked. More telling body language would have been revealed if all three participants would have been viewed more often.