Oh boy, hold on to your caps… It’s a hurricane of winningness today.

…“and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

~ Donald Trump

We begin with yet another record breaking day for the DOW, S&P 500 and Nasdaq:

But, wait… oh it gets so much better.  Remember, we’re in uncharted territory folks.  To showcase the economic backdrop we discover the highest level of consumer confidence in decades:

BLOOMBERG: U.S. consumer confidence unexpectedly improved in November to a fresh 17-year high, a sign Americans are growing more confident about the economy and labor market, according to figures Tuesday from the New York-based Conference Board.

The jump in the Conference Board’s measure of expectations signals consumers are growing more upbeat about the outlook for economy and job prospects. The improvement in household confidence will help underpin household spending, the biggest part of the economy, this quarter.

The share of respondents who currently see jobs as plentiful rose to a 16-year high, while the share expecting more jobs will be available six months from now was the highest in eight months. The monthly jobs report due next week is projected to show hiring continued to advance at a healthy clip in November.

In a sign that greater confidence will make for a robust holiday-shopping season, a greater share of respondents indicated they planned to step up purchases of appliances and big-ticket items, as well as more intentions of taking vacations. (read more)

“Unexpectedly” ?  ROFLMAO…

Oh, but wait… Oh heck, we ain’t done piling on the winning yet.  Not even close.

Remember, we knew the first reports from Brick and Mortar holiday sales were going to come out today…. Remember x 2 the naysayers of the record-breaking sales from last week said the massive sales gains [ +17.9% ] would ‘likely’ be offset by diminished or flat brick and mortar store sales.  Remember that?

Well, we’ve got the first analysis from the National Retail Federation….  And yes, this becomes the first KPI (Key Performance Indictor) for data that will assemble about a week from now…  You ready?

You sure?

WASHINGTON – From Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday, more than 174 million Americans shopped in stores and online during the just-concluded holiday weekend, beating the 164 million estimated shoppers from an earlier survey by the National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics.

Average spending per person over the five-day period was $335.47, with $250.78 — 75 percent — specifically going toward gifts. The biggest spenders were older Millennials (25-34 years old) at $419.52.

Retailers’ technology investments paid off with consumers seamlessly shopping on all platforms through the long weekend. The survey found that over 64 million shopped both online and in stores. In addition, over 58 million shopped only online, and over 51 million shopped only in stores. The multichannel shopper spent $82 more on average than the online-only shopper, and $49 more on average than those shoppers who only shopped in stores.

The most popular day for in-store shopping was Black Friday, cited by 77 million consumers, followed by Small Business Saturday with 55 million consumers. The top two days that consumers shopped online were Cyber Monday with more than 81 million and Black Friday with more than 66 million. In addition, 63 percent of smartphone owners used their mobile devices to make holiday decisions, and 29 percent used their phones to make actual purchases.  (read more)

So we’re seeing 18% growth in retail sales on-line.  AND 7 to 8% growth (beyond projections) in foot traffic for brick and mortar retail store shopping…  AND remember, retail sales account for two-thirds of all GDP growth…. AND remember the NY Fed has already increased the 4th quarter growth forecasts upward, TWICE… and remember, there’s still a lot of economic activity taking place…

…”Hold on to your economic britches peeps – throw dem ju-ju bones out the windows – grab hold of the young-un’s, squeeze em tight and introduce them to their first opportunity to see capitalism unchained; we are in uncharted MAGA territory now. Q4 GDP growth will be well beyond 3.2% 3.8%… Well Beyond.”…

….. Sing it with me:

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Economy, media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

176 Responses to Super-MAGA-Winning: Stocks Soar, Consumer Confidence Stuns and Massive Holiday Spending Results…

1. sundance says:

2. big bad mike says:

Outstanding News! The Trump Years will be talked about for generations to come.

• JC says:

Outstanding! …And just think, big bad Mike, all of it accomplished in just months, before tax and healthcare reform, before offshore trillions brought back to our shores, and while many of the President’s appointees stalled in obstructionist Congress, and deep state only just starting to implode. Just imagine: jobs expected to multiply almost exponentially, petroleum and coal energy unshackled, unbridled flood of illegal immigration greatly slowed and wall isn’t even built yet. Feel free, Treepers, to add to the list.

Buckle up!

• fleporeblog says:

The Economic Train 🚂 continues to speed across our country picking up passengers and speed on a daily basis!

Tomorrow is a big day! The 3rd Quarter GDP will be adjusted. It came out initially at 3.0%. I anticipate it being revised to 3.4% or 3.5%. The 4th Quarter is setting itself up to be absolutely spectacular. Reaching 5% for the 4th Quarter is not out of the realm of possibility.

From the article linked above:

The Conference Board said Tuesday consumer confidence exploded in October to a new 17-year high and September was revised higher to 16.2. The Consumer Confidence Index now stands at 129.5 (1985=100), up from 126.2 in October and easily topping the 124.5 median forecast.

The Present Situation Index continued to increase from 152.0 to 153.9, while the Expectations Index rose from 109.0 last month to 113.3.

“Consumer confidence increased for a fifth consecutive month and remains at a 17-year high (Nov. 2000, 132.6),” said Lynn Franco, Director of Economic Indicators at The Conference Board. “Consumers’ assessment of current conditions improved moderately, while their expectations regarding the short-term outlook improved more so, driven primarily by optimism of further improvements in the labor market.”

From the article linked above:

The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) House Price Index (HPI) rose 1.4% in the third quarter (3Q) of 2017 and by a seasonally adjusted 0.3% from August. The HPI is calculated using home sales price information from mortgages sold to, or guaranteed by, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

“With relatively favorable economic conditions and a continued shortage of housing supply, price increases in the third quarter were generally robust and widespread,” said Andrew Leventis, Deputy Chief Economist. “At some point, declining housing affordability should temper appreciation rates in some of the nation’s fastest appreciating markets, but our third quarter results show few signs of that.”

From the article linked above:

The Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing Activity by the Richmond Federal Reserve more than doubled in November, soaring from 12 to 30. The actual results are double the median forecast of 15 and much stronger than the forecast range, which was from 11 to 16.

It’s the highest the Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing Activity has been since 1993. The extraordinarily strong reading was fueled by strengthening conditions across all three components of the index.

The shipment index skyrocketed as a percentage from 9% to 33%, as did the volume of orders (17% to 35%).

• This was more than just the usual election. A whole LOT of prayers went up before election day praying for a candidate who could deliver us from the mess we were in and lead us back to the land that was BUILT on the belief of God and Gods word.
      Its not all just economics, it was the miracle of 2016. We now have to live up to what we promised, to give back what we promised God we would improve on so as to return this country not only to its former greatness but to its former greatness pleasing to God.
      I don’t like preaching or even sounding ‘preachy’, I just feel I owe God this as I promised I would do better at trying to spread the word without banging people over the head with it. I’m trying now to spread this reminder whenever I see the oppurtunity, it keeps me mindful also. From what I’ve read so far, I’m guessing this is a place that might welcome such thoughts.
      I think “love thy neighbor (and all that entails) is a good place to start. Don’t abandon them to ‘the goernment’ for help for example. They don’t need welfare etc., if they get assistance from their community when in times of true need. I’d gretly appreciate other examples. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed and I’m often suprised by ideas offered by others that never even occured to me. Every little bit helps.
      Did this sound too ‘preachy’ ? Advice appreciated – its gonna be a long 7+ years (meant in a positive way) !!

3. Finally! A business man President, who understands business economics and not some Harvard academic who “thinks” he understands economics based upon ivy-league models of how they “think” the economy should work.

What a Glorious President we have!.

4. That’s what makes America Great Again! Economy boost! And why we voted for this genius! There is no one else in this country who could have done it! Thanks SD for posting all these great news every day and just when i think i finished reading there’s another one.

5. rf121 says:

“with $250.78 — 75 percent — specifically going toward gifts. The biggest spenders were older Millennials (25-34 years old) at $419.52”.

Well, I should be expecting some nice presents from my kids this year then.

6. adoubledot says:

NOT unexpected with a businessman in charge who loves his country and its people.

7. Pam says:

We are winning way too much. Liberals are so not happy. LOL

8. Colle Bay says:

That is wonderful news! Moving in the right direction.

Next up, all illegals gone. All foreigner workers gone. All their extended families gone and…..wait for it….a employee market instead of an employer market!

Employers begging Americans to come work for them with great wages and benefits. MAGA!

• TreeClimber says:

To some degree, the employee market is already happening! Dillard’s, where I work, is really not a good company to work for – they set impossible expectations/goals, then punish their employees for not making them (selling $3k worth of $25-30 jewelry in a six-hour shift is not possible,) cut no slack, take no steps to address a hostile work environment (often the managers are the problem)… I’m off tomorrow, but turning in my two weeks’ on Thursday. Everyone in my department, save two people, have been hired since I was (in August,) and one of those turned in her two weeks’ a week ago. Several of the girls from cosmetics (neighboring department) are leaving, the new girl in shoes who started the same day I did left, my sister – who works at the other local Dillard’s, is thinking of becoming a bank teller instead. If Dillard’s doesn’t become more competitive with their employees, they’re going to become an entry-level job – a stigma I’m pretty sure a splashy department store doesn’t want. My poor department manager, who’s been a manager for less than a month, desperately wants me to come back, possibly full-time, and the other girls in my department are making noise about me becoming the new manager…

I’m not looking back, though. If I do go seeking employment again after my baby is born in December/January, it’ll probably be in jewelry repair, and certainly not at Dillard’s, whatever I choose. However my husband came home from work [training] today and said that once he starts getting paid by the job, instead of by the hour, [in about a month, after he’s done training,] he’ll be getting a substantial paycheck – between today and yesterday alone, he would’ve made $450. An average of $225 a day isn’t too shabby, and should be enough to allow me to stay home with our child. And that’s at entry-level into his job! He has another five stages he can go through before he hits management, with a raise at each level.

Yes, PTrump really is winning bigly, and so are we…

• Colle Bay says:

See, you are proving my point. There is a huge, educated, competent, pent up work force that is still not in the workplace.

It hasn’t been unleashed yet. The stock market hasn’t seen anything yet if those of us who have been marginalized and forced to the sidelines get back into the game.

That’s why they can still offer crap jobs for crap pay. All illegals must go. All foreign workers must go along with their families.

Supply meets demand. Believe me. Those companies will cough up the dough when FAIR market practices actually start happening instead of free (tax free cheap illegal labor) trade.

And I am a capitalist. Pro-employer and pro-employee. Pro-American. Anti-crony capitalist.

• dayallaxeded says:

Whoa, don’t get me started on Dullard’s! Your observations are in line with some egregious long-ago experience (not mine, a client’s). The return of manufacturing jobs will put crappy employers like Dullard’s in a serious bind. It’s truly sad what has happened to the USA “Department Store.” I remember well getting great service and good value from downtown, family-owned dept. stores up into the 80’s. Then they all just folded, it seems. Maybe if their owners and managers would watch “Miracle on 42nd Street” 3 or 4 times in a row, they’d get the message. My favorite scene, even though a dust storm always kicks up when I watch it, so’s I have to run off to the eye wash!

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Yeah, I really like that scene too. And the one with Kris Kringle’s cane, at the end.

My wife would sing that song to my son when he was a baby (in German). That was a great movie – watch it every Thanksgiving. Yeah, I have the same dust problem too…

It’s been said that “you can never go home again” (c.f. “Whither Must I Wander” set by Vaughan-Williams, and “The Old House, sung by John McCormack), but I think that President Trump and his administration are our best chance at getting back to some semblance of the way things should be.

• An American says:

Day…actually was “The Miracle On 34th Street” and the original one with John Payne was the best!

• dayallaxeded says:

Thanks–I caught the 8 block error, when getting the video, but forgot to correct. Of course it’s 34th Street. Natalie Wood and Edmund Gwenn totally make the film for me, but then there’s not a single slouch in the entire cast–gotta love William Frawley (later Fred on the Lucy Show) as the judge’s political machine “fixer” who greatly approves of deferring to the USPS to acknowledge that Santa Claus exists and is the Mr. Kringle before him.

Santa Claus is real–his spirit of love, comfort, giving, and joy for children is as real as we make it.

• Snow White says:

Treeclimber, I’ve been thinking of you and praying you’d be able to stay home with your baby. I’m so happy to see the news you’re sharing about your husband’s job.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

All the best and GOD bless to you and yours and yours to come!

I’ve been watching (and lamenting) what’s happened to the USA, in particular since 2001, with deep despair during the Øbozo years. Now, thank GOD, things are looking WAY brighter.

The Greens, snowflakes, SJWs, and that horrid chicken lady (whose chicken was named “Snow” !) all share a total lack of understanding of logic, math, physics, chemistry, science in general, common sense, and how business actually works.
        They have no clue of the consequences of their actions and pie-in-the-sky-plans (e.g. Merkel shutting off all of Germany’s reactors even though the last Tsunami Germany saw was the Great Flood).

President Trump, on the other hand, understands all of these subjects, and can manage HUGE projects. And he is a BUILDER. We have had destroyers for so long.

PRAISE GOD and thank HIM that HE gave us a BUILDER. And pray for President Trump, Vice-President Pence, the Administration, and the GOD guides them, and shines HIS light on the swamp and cleans it up.

(And cleans up all the other swamps around the world).

• MTeresa says:

I have tears in my eyes reading your post. People like you and me…………we are who he fights for. We are why he wears a bullet proof vest in sweltering weather so he can speak to us. We are why he goes up against those hacks in the Senate (both parties) daily getting constantly insulted and having his family threatened. He know the dignity that comes with work worn hands (and believe me, stay at home Mom’s have those in spades) and wants to do something about it.

Can I love this president any more than I do? I don’t think so.

I will pray for you – that your husbands income increases so you can be home with your child. God bless you.

• G. Combs says:

Good grief they expect a jewelry sale every 3 to 4 minutes continually over a 6 hour shift??? They really are nutz!!!

Sounds like someone from HAAAAaaavard business school decided new first level employees are CHEAPER and devised a way to get a high turn over rate to prevent having to pay raises to longer term employees… IDIOTS!

• sickconservative says:

Would be nice but hard to see total removal of all illegals, but must at least end chain migration.

• Colle Bay says:

We put a man on the moon. A rover on Mars. Getting rid of illegals is child’s play.

NEVER NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF WEAKNESS.

Ask for the moon and stars, and if you do it correctly you’ll get both.

• JC says:

Good posts, Colle Bay, both this one and the one above. Thank you.

• Colle Bay says:

Thanks JC!

We are FINALLY moving in the right direction. A generation has been lost but God willing we can make up for lost time.

I really don’t think most Americans understand just how much has been literally stolen from us/them in at least the past fifty years. It would boggle their minds to know how much money would paid to them if it could be rectified financially. They would literally be multi-millionaires overnight if it were possible to claw back the stolen monies. And remember money has a time factor attached to it.

And that doesn’t even begin to take into account the cultural theft either.

If Trump understands what I understand our streets could literally (well almost) be paved in gold. That’s how much has been stolen from us (collectively) since the 1950’s and with the minor pause during the Reagan years (and the man did what he could at the time and place). I still think Trump has the possibility to make this country into a wonder that the world has never experienced before.

He and we will do well no matter what and things will improve. Just how much he can achieve or understands just how much power he has will be determined at his performance review – aka 2020.

Trump needs to hire me as his advisor. I’ve been correct since the beginning and the possibilities are endless.

• JC says:

Yes, yes and yes; all excellent points! I wonder if the website still exists that allows you to apply for a position in the administration. Go for it, Colle Bay!

• Colle Bay says:

Ok, ok. I’ll take the job. My country needs me. ; )

Seriously though, I would just love to see the expressions on every single American face when they got their money back with interest. We clawed it back, you earned it and here’s your check!

• G. Combs says:

June 21, 2013: Federal Regulations Have Made You 75 Percent Poorer: U.S. GDP is just $16 trillion instead of $54 trillion

“The growth of federal regulations over the past six decades has cut U.S. economic growth by an average of 2 percentage points per year, according to a new study in the Journal of Economic Growth. As a result, the average American household receives about $277,000 less annually than it would have gotten in the absence of six decades of accumulated regulations—a median household income of $330,000 instead of the $53,000 we get now.[…]”

And that is just from regulations and does not include the jobs stolen by illegals or the higher tax rate needed to support their ILLEGAL arses in our hospitals, schools and through welfare.

• Minnie says:

⭐️⭐️⭐️

• In fact, sickconservative, the mechanics of illegal removal is quite easy. It’s the political will that’s absent.
        Many will self deport (as many have already done) if clear and substantive penalties applied to illegals and to those who harbour them, either as activists or employers.
        For some (a relatively low number) you offer a carrot of legalization and they’ll out themselves.
        I think the estimated 30 million plus illegals can be cleared out in less than 2 years.

• With all the good news, once people really see and experience the results first hand, the leftists/progressives are done, on both sides. This is why they are fighting like crazy. People on the lower economic ladder will finally experience what America’s free enterprise system is all about. They have made capitalism evil and this will prove that they have been lying to the people. Pray, pray, pray so that Trump stays safe. A cornered animal is at its most dangerous.

• G. Combs says:

“They have made capitalism evil….”

Actually the Progressives did a perception switch. They made Capitalism = Multinational Corporations.

HOWEVER Multinational Corporations LOVE socialism and regulations. link The type of government we now have — Corporate/government collusion is actually Fascism or ‘Third Way Socialism’ the philosophy promoted by Bill Clinton, ex-prime minister Tony Blair and ‘thought up’ by Anthony Giddens, ex-Director of the London School of Economics. (Think Ms. English and her grab for the director seat.)

His book was: The Third Way: The Renewal of Social Democracy:

A brief history of the third way | The Guardian

So it was HILLARY and BILL who actually support fascism not President Trump! 🙄

• Weather Watcher says:

“Next up, all illegals gone. All foreigner workers gone. All their extended families gone and …wait for it…an employee market instead of an employer market!”

Amen to that Colle Bay – here in Southern CA the high tech Exec. job market is still depressed. Can’t wait for the MAGA train to come barreling down on Moonbeam and the other Dems crushing wages and piling on the regs here in CA.

• Colle Bay says:

I know. That’s the slow going part. We all have to hope that Trump gets it. Really, really gets it.

That’s why I keep saying the stock market hasn’t even begun to show real growth yet because the bulk of us (unemployed, skilled or college educated people) out here are still treading water. Even getting a crap job is still difficult and not worth breaking UNDER-even. If we were all back in the market place and producing at our high capacity with real competition for coveted jobs and pay…watch out stock market. I’ve never, ever bought into the excuse that Americans are incapable of doing these jobs. No, Americans can’t work for these wages.

Anyway, I hear you and understand you.

• G. Combs says:

Colle Bay,
          I know plenty of white folk around here who have picked cotton and planted tobbaco, baled hay, trimmed fruit trees and picked fruit…
          However you have to pay something other than a third world wage!

As of 1 May 2013, the highest monthly minimum wage in China is 1,600 yuan ($265.64 US Dollar or $1.54/hr ). The lowest minimum wage was .1,010 yuan ( $165.62US Dollar or $0.96/hr). US minimum wage is ~$1250/month @ $7.25/hr. That is what American workers are competing against.

• California may say, “No, No winning in our state!”
        But our President will say, “No, you have to win, we are making all of America great again!”

9. I’m sorry, I have to comment on the photo that Bloomberg chose.

17 year high point in consumer confidence, and they chose a photo of an Indian woman trying to stuff her foot in shoes from the self-serve discount rack?

No slam intended towards bargain shoppers, but come on!

10. Play that video Loud!!!!

11. Elizabeth Carter says:

I think the retail sales may be improving because people are not feeling afraid to go to the malls now. When Obama was President and BLM and Antifa had free reign to do as they pleased it was intimidating to go into areas where you might be attacked for simply existing. Jobs are definitely a big factor in consumer confidence but feeling safe on the streets and in the shops is also a very big factor. Women do a majority of the shopping and when they feel threatened it takes all of the joy out of Christmas shopping. Merry Christmas. Peace on Earth.

• Colle Bay says:

Also, a lot of unemployed people who took Craigslist BLM protesting jobs having the option for a real job, a full time job will cut down on a lot of manufactured violence.

A huge percentage of those demonstrators were on the clock for a pay check. Show up for four hours, hold a sign, scream at people, threaten people and get paid.

• MTeresa says:

God, I hope you’re right. If that does happen, I’d have to say……….

• G. Combs says:

“God, I hope you’re right. “

It is correct. When I was job hunting in 1984-5, I saw a ton of ads in the Boston Global

PROTESTOR
          Seabrook Nuclear Plant
          $10.00 hour

At the time the minimum wage was $3.35 so $10.00/hour was very ‘attractive’ especially to college students. (We paid our lab techs $10.00 hour in 1995!)

Those Astro-turf protests worked “… Two units (reactors) were planned, but the second unit was never completed due to construction delays, cost overruns and troubles obtaining financing….” — WIKI

The Rockefellers, did not want the competition from nuclear power and were very much anti-nuclear.

This is the mindset of our Globalist Elite ‘Betters’
          “Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.” —Dr. Paul Ehrlich, Anne Ehrlich, and Dr. John Holdren, Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment, 1970, p. 323

Holdren was Obummer’s Science Czar.

• MTeresa says:

That’s why nuclear power plants in the North East (sadly) are a dying breed. Look to the south where industry is booming with the help of cheap nuclear energy. But the academics and globalists are so much smarter than we are. Riiiiiiight. They believe it’s better to regulate rather than innovate and let the market figure it out.

If one side consequence of a good economy gets rid of those annoying protesters, what better way to teach them the benefits of a free economy? More winning for America? I say, bring it on baby!!!

Can’t you just picture that evil Soros shaking a fist in the air and saying, “Curse you Donald Trump!” Hahaha!

12. POP says:

Now to fix the number of dollars going to China as consumers consume.
    When they’re consuming ‘made in the USA ‘…then we have something.

13. Bree says:

Amen!!!

14. Curry Worsham says:

15. David says:

I advice caution. The stock market is in a bubble, and is going to correct sooner or later. Consumer confidence is a keynesian marker that makes the mistake of assuming that consumption, rather than productivity, is what grows an economy. Sure, let’s enjoy this boom time, but a lean time is coming and we still need to support Donald Trump and MAGA when that happens.

• POP says:

Sage advice.
      Get rid of debt, no new toys, (the old ones work just fine, go on admit it).

• G. Combs says:

“the old ones work just fine” — IF they were made in the USA. The China made ‘durables’ are CRAP! 😡

I am dumping well over $5,000 into rebuilding the drive train of my 1982 – 3/4 ton CUMMINS diesel pk-up. Now if I could only pry my truck out of the hands of my mechanic. Jeff has had it since July and isn’t about to let me have it back until it is in perfect running condition. 😁

In February, after Jeff’s annual Texas hunting trip, my Hubby’s 1993 Dually diesel goes in for a rebuild.

I bought a ‘spare’ truck five years ago so we could afford the time for these types of extensive repairs. The ‘spare’ is a 1987 pickup.

• Curry Worsham says:

• TreeClimber says:

On one hand, I really agree. On the other hand, I’m a sales associate – the customers’ consumption is the reason I think I can actually buy a Christmas present for my husband this year, instead of worrying about whether we’ll be able to fill the gas tank. So there is a good side to the whole consumption thing, too.

• ladypenquin says:

All markets eventually correct, but this correction won’t take us back to the Obama era, it will just soften some until the foundation behind it catches up. In the meantime, the confidence of the people is what lifts all boats in this country, and whether the Lefties want to admit it all not, America has become unleashed. The word we’re looking for is “optimistic.”

“Free, Free, Thank God Almighty, We’re Free at Last.”

Sorry for taking liberties with the phrase, but I think that’s what happened with the election of Donald Trump and developed further over the past year. For myself and hubby, it certainly felt like heavy weights were removed from our necks, and darkness has been chased away. Someone up above mentioned shoppers feeling safer…and that’s true too. It’s like we feel safe again – THIS POTUS has our back.

#MAGA

• POP says:

The improvement in national confidence is wonderful.
      But, there’s always a but, beware my pretties.

To paraphrase a wise man…”Buy when there’s blood on the streets, sell when the victory celebrations are at their loudest.”

• dayallaxeded says:

Agreed. Euphoria in the stock market is generally a pretty good sign that GS and the other glowbullshit financiers have unleashed a judas goat to fleece a maximum number of smaller investors and at the top of the bubble, to boot. Market timing is nigh impossible for us regular folks and dayum hard for pros, but watching short interest (when it goes to nil, that’s a well-recognized judas goat sign–it’ll come back with a vengeance in short order–pun intended) and generally staying hedged and properly diversified are some keys to not getting clobbered.

• David, your belief in the stock market “bubble” ignores

(1) the magnitude of Exports that the Trump Team will generate to rebalance our Trade relationships,

(2) the reversal of Global Cabal leeching that transferred jobs and industries overseas,

(3) the self/forced deportation of illegals who have suppressed wages,

(4) the end of welfare as citizens take jobs from illegals,

(5) the economic multiplier as worker scarcity forces employers to pay living wages to the suppressed “beginner class” (I refuse to use the Lower Class slur, in favor of a label that induces aspirational learning and advancement),

(6) the massive leaps in productivity from automation that will be made affordable to reduce high-priced labor content,

(7) the successive reductions in tax rates made possible by growth-driven surges in governmental receipts, productivity-driven reductions in government workers and reductions in welfare, waste, fraud and abuse, and

(8) America becoming the most hospitable environment for investment on the planet as we extend our advantages from best security (defense, rule of law, cyber, intellectual property), lowest tax rates, least regulatory burden, best bilateral trade relationships (avoided tariffs & cheating & sanctions; accelerated customs, logistics, payments), and … wait for it … loser-pays litigation.

Just sayin.

• David says:

Black Knight, items (1) through (8) have nothing to do with creating or alleviating a stock market bubble. What creates a stock market bubble is fractional credit reserve banking and inflationary monetary policies by the Federal Reserve Bank. I applaud everything Trump is doing, but none of it addresses faulty Keynesian monetary policies that were adopted long before Trump. The next recession will happen and when it does I don’t want your faith in Trump to waver.

• POP says:

Correct.
          QE is one large continuous dose of Keynes.
          The piper will be paid.
          Don’t blame Trump, the US refuses to live within its means….

• G. Combs says:

David, Pop, I agree.

If I was in stocks right now, I would sell and take my profits and find another vehicle to stash my wealth in until after the ‘correction’ (Like under the darn mattress! 😋 )

I expect a ‘coordinated’ slam at President Trump by the Uniparty and the Globalist Stock manipulators.

No budget passed plus no decent Tax reform bill just in time to toss cold water on consumers and deflate the stock market bubble.

I just took a look an E.M. Smith, My favorite Weaponized Autist and he agrees.
            For a ‘technical’ look: https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2017/11/16/dow-transportation-vs-rut-vs-spy/

• POP says:

loser-pays litigation.

Standard procedure in Australia, NZ.
        Frivolous or “process is the punishment” lawsuits almost non existent except by govt.
        Make it standard in US and lawyers will be apoplectic …good.

• Shimei says:

I’ve “lost” far more money being overly cautious over the last 40 years vs. being overly optimistic. I would like to suggest why the stock market is not in a bubble. After Newt Gingrich won the House in Nov, 1994, the stock market began a new trajectory upwards that lasted for five years, until the Internet stock bubble. Now look at the change in trajectory when the Republicans won the Presidency, House and Senate in Nov, 2016. The reason for the changes in trajectories was because of business optimism–the belief that a time of business friendly government is coming. Confidence in a business-savvy President is far more significant than confidence in Newt’s Contract with America, IMO. We are less than one year into the Trump presidency, with seven to go. As SD has pointed out, President Trump is bringing Main Street in line with Wall Street. Don’t let “bubble fear” cause you to lose out. Watch out for those investment pundits who sell fear. It’s easy and profitable but they don’t care about you or truth–only their pocketbook. Yes, eventually a bubble will develop and pop but it will be a while. Of course, I could be wrong, but this is what I am doing and why.

• David says:

Trajectory is defined as “a path, progression, or line of development resembling a physical trajectory”. Note that the change of trajectory actually happens around 2009, in the early part of the Obama presidency, not 2016. It stops going down and starts going up. That downward trajectory occurred near the end of the term of Bush the Lesser. So the chart you provided actually models what I am predicting…Republican Congress and Democratic President moves the stock market up, and it continues to move up until a Republican President takes over at which point during that President’s term it falls.steeply. Trump and Bush are not remotely similar but if you are going to argue I am wrong you need a new chart.

• das411 says:

“So the chart you provided actually models what I am predicting…Republican Congress and Democratic President moves the stock market up, and it continues to move up until a Republican President takes over at which point during that President’s term it falls.steeply.”

/democrats trigger massive economic collapse in 2007-08
          /economy improves from rock bottom despite every effort of democrats to prevent said improvement
          democrats – “look, the economy improved while we were in charge”

• David says:

democrats. trigger massive economic collapse

If they did it once, they can do it again. Nothing you said contradicts my point that the US stock market is in a bubble, neither did the chart.

16. fedback says:

Dow hit 23.000, Oct 18. Now it’s closing in on 24.000. Unreal

• “Unreal” – which is why the president needs to be careful about attaching himself to this “irrationally exuberant” rally. As mentioned above by “David” and others, “bubbles” are everywhere right now, and when they pop – when – the result will be more than unpleasant.

The bizarre rally in “Bitcoin” and other cyber-currencies, the bizarre notion of profitless, losing, Ponzi-scheming companies like Tesla and Amazon and others attracting billions of dollars, the bizarre nature of interest rates going negative, the bizarre attacks (or “atax”) on people who save money, etc. etc. none of this augurs well for the future.

• fleporeblog says:

Tax Reform passes on Thursday and we will finish the week at 24K!

17. Michael says:

Massive magic want 😉

18. StanH says:

MAGA!!!

19. WeThePeople2016 says:

Quick, somebody tells FBN and Varney about the Brick and Mortar stores doing well. He will be in shock, I tell you, that Amazon is not the sole leader of the Black Friday weekend. I can tell that the stores were doing well, because I did not go shopping on Friday or Saturday, but when I went out on Sunday, I couldn’t believe how much of the Christmas items were gone already from the shelves! I went into Home Goods today, and it looked like a tornado hit it. These are good signs!

• Bendix says:

Those reports knocking the ‘brick and mortar’ stores are really propaganda so when the government managed to drive people to shop online, where the government could more easily track and control what you could buy, people would think it was what the consumer wanted.

20. Not tired of winning!

21. Took a Lil drive in & around some *In-Savory*,, parts of Town today..
    Namely the **OLD** / Historic/industrial part of Town Today, that onced had dozens of odd Manufacturing plants, shipping etc..
    I saw quite a few Old business buildings being “repurposed” for Shipping and or Manufacturing..
    These Had been shut-down or Idled for YEARS….
    I’m watched and seen Improvements, some adding on/Space etc, to quite a few of these Old building(s)..
    With New, Businesses moving in..
    In UN-Savory parts of Town.. Old formerly “closed” railway access to these places are being “repaired” and re-opened!
    It’s really UN-REAL… What is happening here!
    I’ll have to take a road trip up the 421 Business corridor to see what if anything is occurring up that way.. Lots of Heavy industries used to operate in the area(s).. I’m assuming that it’s being revitalized also..
    Lord Help US ALL, (In quite a great way), IF Mr. Trumps Administration Succeeds in Making 4% or 5% growth Next year..
    #MAGA

• In addition… I can also report..
      The USA… here at the State Ports have 3X more Shipping (Raw Products) Timber wood Pulp, cotton, soybeans/grain etc, going OUT than what is being exported into Our country!
      I live real close to the State Ports here.. So I “observe” quite a bit what comes in & out.. 😉
      Usually I would see this time of year.. Lots of Container traffic from CHINA coming IN.. (due to the Holidays)..
      This year? Not so much..

• ladypenquin says:

NAFTA was a SIN. A travesty against this entire country. These globalist trade agreements all but destroyed the infrastructure of manufacturing, textiles, etc. in this country.

Americans have every right to want a job and NOT be on the government dole. Socialist countries fail because all they can do is borrow money to keep paying out welfare…The only exception to that is the Scandinavian countries, but they have rich resources, and small populations. They also have the savvy to know what to do with what they have – something most other countries of the world do not have – except America.

• ladypenquin says:

are the Scandinavian countries,

• G. Combs says:

ladypenquin, NAFTA was horrible for the Mexican farmers too.
        Small Farmers and the Doha Round: Lessons from Mexico’s NAFTA Experience

“[…]Comparative advantage driven modernization of agriculture therefore, it was hoped, would also help shift labour towards higher productivity non-agrarian occupations[9]. The hold of market fundamentalism was so strong among Mexico’s business and economic policy making elites that market driven comparative advantage was an article of faith….

Be that as it may, as a result of NAFTA therefore, in agriculture and related trade, Mexico imports basic foodstuffs – corn, wheat, rice, soya, beef, pork, chicken meat, milk – and exports tomatoes, peppers, fruits, vegetables and beef cattle. Among agro-based products beer, tequila and canned fruits and vegetables are important. Some of the outcomes that designers of NAFTA had hoped for have come about. Agricultural exports have grown three-fold since the agreement and Mexico’s agricultural exports are today much more diversified towards higher value products…

Whatever be the gains that have been achieved, and as we have seen, there have been some, the very nature of these gains has adversely affected small farmers. And the reasons are fairly straightforward[13]. 12% of Mexico’s arable land is devoted to agriculture and 54% to cattle ranching. Of the cultivated land, 71% is devoted to grains and oilseeds and only 9% to fruits and vegetables. Therefore the bulk of cultivated area is adversely affected by import competition. 85% of Mexico’s farmers are small and marginal and grow largely grains and oilseeds. About 16% of farmers grow fruits and vegetables and most of these are medium and large farmers, largely because the investment required for growing fruits and vegetables is beyond the reach of most small-farmers. Therefore it is small farmers that have borne the brunt of import competition.

The vacuum created by retreat of the Mexican state from agriculture was filled by large US and Mexican agribusiness….
        According to a study by Jose Romero and Alicia Puyana carried out for the federal government of Mexico, between 1992 and 2002, the number of agricultural households fell an astounding 75% – from 2.3 million to 575, 000[18].

There has been a significant increase in migration out of rural areas as livelihoods are lost and farms have been abandoned. The hope was that this migration out of low-productivity agriculture would be absorbed into higher-productivity non-agrarian urban employment. But anemic employment growth in the post-NAFTA period, particularly in manufacturing[19], put paid to that….”

And of course this led to more illegals crossing the US border and an increase in drugs as livelihoods were lost.

22. Fish says:

We’ll defend winning. Democrats defend losing.

23. paulraven1 says:

But I thought he was “destructive.” Chuck Schumer told me so.

24. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The Tax Bill was passed out of the budget committee today along party lines and is now headed for a full Senate showdown later this week. Step by step —> M A G A.

25. Minnie says:

Thank you, Mr. President ❤️

I witness higher consumer confidence each time I pass the larger shopping centers, cars and foot traffic and people carrying merchandise, EVERYWHERE!!

I don’t venture into that crazy maze myself but it sure warms my heart to know folks are hopeful again.

MAGA 🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸❤️

26. ovomit, “….. magic wand” and all.
    President Trump doesn’t need a wand, he is MAGIC all by himself!

27. blakeney says:

A metaphor for the economy.

28. itswoot says:

The numerous chains that have bound America and held us down during the nightmare years are being removed one by one and cast down to the ground. We are still a ways off when it will be safe to shout out, “FREEDOM”, but we are getting there!

29. TreeClimber says:

Dear Sundance –
    I’ve been wanting to invest for a little while now, but am having a hard time finding a current list of companies/manufacturers in the US in which to invest? Using DuckDuckGo, I find sites that use their blurb to advertise that they have a list, but then it’s not there. And too many sites have doctored economic data to make it look like the economy is worse under PDJT than Obama – so obviously they’re not trustworthy.
    As far as the few companies I know, I’ve been thinking of Whirlpool, since I know they’re an American-based company and appliances, but can’t find if the jobs are actually here or not. So I guess I’m asking, can you publish an article/list of good solid American companies with their manufacturing here, or at least a pointer or two on how to find such info?

30. Bendix says:

There’s an almost intangible atmosphere of optimism, among the blue collar working men in my area.
    Just something in the air, which wasn’t there last year.

• thluckyone says:

Bendix, my frac-sand haulin’ buddies over in the Badger State are rollin’ as hard as they can go with BIG ole grins on their sweaty faces. My buddies in the IBEW are getting mixed signals but I’m telling ’em “YOU VOTED FOR THE RIGHT GUY!” (AFLCIO told ’em to vote Hillary. Rank & File said “HELL no!”)

When I see any of ’em I’m telling ’em to read CTH but when they get home all they want is a hot shower, hot food, maybe some time with the kids, a tiny little bit of TV and then the sack. That’s IT until 3:30 or 4:00 in the mornin’. They tell me to find out what’s goin’ on and let ’em know. They look at me funny when I say “President Trump is God’s man and this is REAL!” I tell ’em “PRAY and don’t you STOP prayin’!”

I BELIEVE in the optimism of which you speak but a lot of folks I know are still afraid. They’ve been rode hard and put up wet for too many years. I’m thinking just a few more months of 3.2% – 3.8% growth and they’re gonna be feelin’ a WHOLE lot better.

Thank you for being here, Bendix. PLEASE don’t stop prayin’.

31. sundance says:

32. I read the statistic here, about the 18% increase in on-line sales for the Black Friday weekend and told my husband (who showed me CTH a few years ago). He would not believe me, he said “Nothing increases that much over the previous year. Nothing.” We both decided that was true. We then said, Well, the bricks and mortar sales have to be down, maybe just to explain that YUGE increase. And here we are!!!! Up 7-8% in Bricks and Mortar. Unreal. We used to work in wholesale and retail in the booming 90’s. Never, with new store growth, did we see that sort of increase year over year. Just huge WINNING.

33. Patti Moriarty says:

We just bought a new 2017 Ford f250, and I feel great!

34. Big Jake says:

The primary driver of all this is the security of knowing no further constraints are imminent. Imagine what would happen if Congress got behind Trump’s full agenda.

35. ALEX says:

This wasn’t commented on much in media today, but it fits in with Secretary of Treasury and Commerce plans…Sundance has brought it up in the way Mnuchin wants to separate big bank regulations from small to middle..

“Tailoring of regulations is one of our most fundamental responsibilities,” he said under questioning. “We want regulations to be the most intense, the most stringent for the very largest, most complex institutions and want it to decrease in intensity and stringency as we move down through the regional banks and the community banks. This is something we strive to achieve. We’re taking a fresh look at that now.”

Powell mentioned the so-called Volcker Rule, which restricts banks from trading for their own accounts, as well as other activities involving hedge funds and private equity. Powell again said the rule should be tougher for bigger banks but less so for smaller institutions, specifically supporting a bill that sets the threshold for restrictions at $10 billion of assets.

• ALEX says:

Obviously the idea is to finally free up the local money. It fits in nicely with what Mulvaney is going after in the corrupt CSFB that the democrats used to crush whoever they wanted..

• daughnworks247 says:

My community bank went from 350K annually in compliance costs to over 2 million a year with Dodd Frank/CFPB. It cost jobs, and curbed money within our little town.
      I will NEVER forgive Warren for her interference.

36. SharonKinDC says:

Besides all of the factors already noted by CTH posters, I offer one more: Pent up demand from 8 years of BO, plus the last year or so of Bush 2. While many suffered and couldn’t afford much due to lost jobs, others were ok but held off on buying non-essentials, including vacation spending. My family was in this category. It was our version of ‘going Galt’. We didn’t want to ‘reward’ scofflaw Barky’s disastrous meddling in the economy.

• daughnworks247 says:

Bingo.
      I can’t imagine how many new cars, washing machines, tv’s need to be purchased.

• G. Combs says:

Sharon,
      It was more than that.

I have a small business. I was gearing up a new offering to clients when Congress did a one liner and kicked all my planing and all my buying and prep work to the curb.

Talk about DEPRESSING! After that we made no more investment in the business in terms of time, money or creativity. We made no attempt to expand at all.

Now multiply that depression across millions of other small businesses who didn’t want to investment lots of time, money and creativity into new ideas only to have some idiot in the Obummer Admin, dream up a new regulation to crush the idea.

Now add in 2 out of 3 new jobs are created by small business and you can see the shackles Obummer put on America.

January 23, 2013 82% of Small Business Executives Think The U.S. Economy Is On The Wrong Track

“The results from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Q4 Small Business Outlook Survey show that there remains a significant amount of concern among the small business community about the U.S. economy and overall small business climate. We put together this visualization at Docstoc to show the upward climb a lot of small business owners feel we have ahead of us.[…]”
      The numbers shown for a variety of confidence measures were dismal.

37. jindfw says:

Crow on the menu at the Mark Cuban household?

38. Hollywood Bungalow says:

It was lightly reported but is worth noting: a few days ago Poland signed a five year deal for American LNG. The product will come from a terminal in Louisiana.

• dogsmaw says:

Builder secured for Driftwood LNG project http://www.americanpress.com/news/business/builder-secured-for-driftwood-lng-project/article_6d6c2bf0-ced9-11e7-90a0-1fae5f08d43b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share via @AmericanPress

Emily Fontenot Nov 21, 2017

The company behind Driftwood LNG, a liquefied natural gas export terminal planned for the Lake Area, has secured a builder for its project, becoming one of four local LNG projects do so.

Houston-based Tellurian recently entered into four fixed-price, lump-sum turnkey agreements totaling $15.2 billion with Bechtel Oil, Gas and Chemicals for the engineering, procurement and construction of Driftwood.

One benefit of the agreement is that it nails down Driftwood’s construction cost to $550 per ton — one of the lowest worldwide, according to company spokesman Joi Lecznar.

“The contract is a fully-wrapped lump-sum turnkey contract, which means it includes engineering, supplies, technology, materials, labor costs, etc.,” Lecznar said. “So we know our costs, schedule and performance is guaranteed by Bechtel.”

The other local projects with construction contracts in place are Cheniere Energy’s Sabine Pass facility that began operating in 2016, Cameron LNG’s facility underway in Hackberry, and Australia-backed Magnolia LNG planned for the Lake Charles area.

The Driftwood project will consist of 20 liquefaction trains, a high count compared to most U.S. competitors; Cheniere’s Sabine Pass will max out at six trains. The trains are also smaller than most, capable of producing up to 1.38 million tons per year each; Cheniere’s trains can produce up to 4.5 mtpa.

Lecznar said the train size will allow Driftwood to produce smaller amounts of LNG at a time, making the company more flexible in the marketplace. She said having more trains also makes Driftwood more reliable in the event that a train shuts down.

In addition to the trains, the project site will include three marine loading berths; 20 GE refrigeration compressors driven by aero-derivative natural gas turbines; and three 235,000 cubic meter full-containment LNG storage tanks.

She said the deal came after a year of collaboration with Bechtel and others on how to “reduce costs and improve efficiencies.” Tellurian’s top staff have worked with Bechtel extensively on other projects, which laid a solid foundation for their partnership on Driftwood. She called Bechtel “a very experienced contractor, having built about 30 percent of liquefaction capacity worldwide.”

Lecznar said Driftwood is the only brand-new LNG project that has issued an 8K disclosing the contents of its contract. Customers buying LNG or investing equity in Driftwood will like being able to sort through the details of the construction contract so that they know what they’re getting, she said.

The project will be constructed in four phases with the majority, 11 mtpa, completed in the first phase. It’s awaiting Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approval, expected by the middle of next year.

Driftwood plans to reach financial close in mid-2018 and begin operating in 2022.

39. dogsmaw says: