First Lady Melania Trump Visits China’s Great Wall…

First Lady Melania Trump visited the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall in China as the sun was starting to settle low on the horizon. It was windy and slightly cold as our First Lady signed a guest registry and was presented with a scroll from atop one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

A state official said that Yukun Zhang, chairman, Mutianyu Great Wall Travel Service Co., Ltd, received the first lady after the ride up on the cable car. After signing the guest registry Mrs. Trump made her way up a short flight of stairs to the Great Wall.

This entry was posted in China, Donald Trump, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Visits China’s Great Wall…

1. smiley says:

Melania Trump’s courteous attention to detail in her elegance is notable.

flats, this time, instead of stilletos so she won’t tower over the others…and the soles of those flats are…red !

🙂

• Lot of walking on uneven pavement and stairs.. practical choice really.

• Carrie2 says:

WrightorWrong, what I saw was a level walking area. We walked up with steps that were either 10-12″ high and others that were nearer to 20″ high and this made me think of the shorter Chinese soldiers literally having to crawl up to the stone “hut” for rest and to keep out of the cold winter winds. You have to be hardy to walk to the top which out of our group (we were the only Americans with all Chinese visitors), I was the only one to reach the top and if you wished for several yuan have your picture taken and a badge showing you as having climbed to heaven so to speak. Got down and back to the group and all gave me the high 5. It takes a lot energy to push to the top but no level areas at all. I admire the ancient Chinese under Qin (or Chin) (whence comes the name “China”) building the wall to protect the country. Fortitude as well as threats to do so, the workers built it but it is an amazing construction! Qin was a very vicious ruler but he gave us the Warriors in Xian but have to see Xian’s separate museum to be amazed at the talent these people had back 3000 yrs. ago. The Trumps have given many Americans a glimpse of a huge, proud and hardworking people and their country, along with the beauty of the country.

• LULU says:

smiley, those flats are for walking! Watch the video. She didn’t choose the flat part of the Wall; she chose a challenging section. Have a look at those who accompanied her at the end. Huffing and puffing.

• BakoCarl says:

. . . only for humor . . . she’s far too gracious to have said this –

“These flats are made for walkin’
        And this is what I’ll do.
        If you press keep dissin’ Don,
        I’ll walk all over you.”

• Me says:

No one was huffing and puffing at the end. The risers of the stairs were short; not a difficult climb. She didn’t chose a challenging section. Do you really think the Chinese would do that? It was fairly easy! Spreading disinformation!

• LULU says:

Have you been on the Wall?

And I don’t spread disinformation. Watch that video again. Look at the stills.

• Carrie2 says:

Actually Me is right as this was a very easy section of the wall and not the hard part, but walking up is hard but not as a difficult with the array of steps you must walk to get to the top. No need to carp but just enjoy she was there, she got to see a lot of the countryside and she made the Chinese proud to have her there and interested in climbing whatever portion of the Wall.

• Tegan says:

Believe me if there’s a flat area of the steps, I never found it! It IS quite a challenge…and also cold at this time of year. Not disinformation.

• Q&A says:

Louboutin flats have red soles.

2. Paul Revere says:

Now that is a wall!

• candofeminist says:

Just look at that rugged terrain. And we are being told it can’t be done.

• Carrie2 says:

candofeminist, so many mountains in China and each one special to them. Yep, rugged country but also so many mountain climbers love to climb them and the climbers come from all over the planet. Super views but you need to be healthy and hardy.

• Sentient says:

Maybe the newly appointed head of DHS should go there and see how it’s done.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

The Progs lie just to lie. Of course we all know it can be done. And we know it will work. Duh. That is why their leaders all live behind walls. And under cover of guns.

Anyone who has driven around Ireland knows that half the place is criss-crossed with hand-laid rock wall. For moving sheep or cattle from section to section to let a section lie fallow, there are Vs in the walls – they remove the rocks in that V again and again by hand out of that obvious V, and the sheep are guided through. Then, by hand, V filled in again, til the next time.

Over 100 years ago, the Australians built the Dingo Fence, all 3,000+ miles of it.

Major portions of our nation are barb-wired off, cedar pole and wire spool by cedar pole and wire spool.

• dayallaxeded says:

Bbbbbuuuuttttt, walls don’t work!!!!! RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

• piper567 says:

A _Donald poster captioned a picture of Flotus, When You Send Your Wife Out Shopping For a Wall, ha!

3. TwoLaine says:

FLOTUS Melania inspects border wall. 🙂

4. georgiafl says:

Lovely outfit, understated, flattering color combination, graceful skirt. Love the detailed belt. No news on the designers yet.

Melania often wears coats thrown over her shoulders. She must have special straps added to keep them from slipping and falling off.

Close ups:

#melaniatrump #firstlady #flotus

A post shared by Being Trump (@trump_style) on

5. amwick says:

Remember she didn’t ask for this job…. I was thinking last night about what a giant sacrifice she is making, being away from her son. That has to be so very hard. I know you are not supposed to say anything about B, because he is still young, but I think he must miss his parents,,,very much.
    Anway, Melania is beautiful, and doing such an impressive job.

• Phokencougie says:

In a more normal time she would be looked upon with great admiration like Jackie O but no, she and the Orange Crush has got to go. My heart goes out to little B every time I see him. The toxic hate from less than perfect strangers coming from all sides must be unbearable for the boy. I pray for him and the family that has decided to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of this country.

• amwick says:

Yes.. perfect. TY

• Bendix says:

We have to keep in mind that we see more of the toxic hate than they do, because it is what the MSM pushes 24/7, and Melania and Barron are somewhat insulated from that.

• dayallaxeded says:

Mrs. Trump is head and shoulders over what Mrs. Kennedy was in her day. Jackie was kind of awesome, but there was always the trouble and demeaning background of the Kennedys’ infidelities and other misbehavior. Sometimes, when she looked demure, I think it was really depression. Melania got DJT after he’d sowed his wild oats and I continue to believe that, despite her work in the notorious world of fashion and modeling, she retained strong, core Christian/RC beliefs and morals, which she brought to DJT and he recognized and adopted fully (not the RC, apparently, but the core Christian). In short, best POTUS in my lifetime and bestest FLOTUS, evah!

6. tappin52 says:

Quite a difference in style between Melania Trump and the former First family’s couture during their Great Wall visit.

• MfM says:

They are kids, while I didn’t like Obama as president, they aren’t dressed ridiculously.

What I did like is that Barron wasn’t taken on this or other trips. This is serious business and Trump’s first trip to this region as President.

I wonder if Melania’s parents stayed at the White House.

• Humble says:

For once, michelle was not wearing recycled shower curtain design prints and was without the proverbial empire belt high above a non-waist.
      First Lady Melania is elegant always and respectful of her position and therefore those who are around her and view her throughout the world.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I don’t remember why these people were here–if it was their 75th vacation or an official trip. Clothing choices seem inappropriate for an official visit, IMHO.

7. wheatietoo says:

Hah I don’t think the press liked being kept back.
    They sounded disappointed.
    I’m sure they would’ve loved to follow along behind her, hounding her and barking questions.

Nice to see our First Lady get to do a little sight-seeing on her own.

• Bendix says:

Also avoided giving the press of the “Trump and a Wall” pictures they were dying for.

• Sentient says:

Which only highlights the paramount importance of Trump’s wall. No Wall, no reelection. Schumer gets it. The press get it. That’s why their job#1 is to ensure that the wall isn’t built.

• Orygun says:

I don’t know about anyone else but President Trump will always have my vote. He worked his behind off for it and it is his to keep. We are all aware that it is “The Swamp” that is working to keep him from fulfilling his goals. Note not promises but goals.

8. Awesome! We’ve climbed two different parts of the great China wall. She wore her flats! Very tiresome to climb them! Exhausting!
    Paparazzi all over her! Fighting for the best pictures!

• LULU says:

That is a challenging section of the Wall, slopes, grades, steep stairs up and down. She was quite amazing! Did you see the others huffing and puffing at the end?

• Bendix says:

Is altitude an issue there, I wonder?

• LULU says:

When I was there, I never thought about altitude. The air in Beijing is not great. Breathing can be difficult. Even the easier part that we walked was not that easy because of constant grades up and down, stairs with narrow treads set on fairly steep parts, and so forth. I was fit, a little older than Melania. Anyone who has ever walked on up and down grades and cobblestone like material underfoot knows what I’m talking about.

I noticed one Chinese woman at the end looking as though she was glad to make it up the last bit. And the men were “hiking” about then, not just strolling…

There are still more distant shots of the part she walked. Not a flat stroll…

• sunnydaze says:

No altitude problems where I was. And no, I don’t remember where I was along the Wall. (?!???!)

It was beautiful the whole way, tho.

9. elleb77 says:

She’s taking notes on THE WALL . She wants OURS to be bigger and better.

10. Bree says:

Stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

11. Poised and elegant. American royalty!

12. NJF says:

Wonderful. Love how POTUS tweeted about her visit!

13. mark4trump says:

Just watching Melania carefully sign the book — she must have wrote some kind words as well — makes me smile at such beauty & grace. What a lovely lady, inside & out!!

14. doug says:

one of the seven wonders of the ancient world…

It’s not a wonder of the ancient world – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Ancient_World

It is one of the new 7 wonders – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New7Wonders_of_the_World#Winners

15. Sandy says:

Beautiful First Lady!

16. lfhbrave says:

One of the greeting Chinese officials looks exactly like President Xi, just little younger.

17. georgiafl says:

The First Lady is headed back to the USA with a stop to visit the troops and their families in Alaska.

“The first lady is traveling with her own team from Beijing separate from the president, whose tour of Asia continues. She will land in Anchorage on an Air Force jet but not Air Force One, the designation given to the plane that the president flies on. It’s a refueling stop that also provides her an opportunity to thank military members for their service, the White House said.”

18. The Jimmy Jack says:

Stunning photos, stunning woman.

I am going to move that panda photo forever.

19. georgiafl says:

Innocently posing for photos, all the while, she’s gathering data:

20. Our FLOTUS is spectacular!

21. Kalena says:

I took that same cable car ride up to the wall It is a steep grade once you get to the wall and want to go up to the house like area. I did my China trip back in 1995. I just loved the whole experience.

22. That last photo was photo poetry. I really like how your brain operates.

23. Mike diamond says:

Melania is beautiful !!!

24. peachteachr says:

The Obama’s must be dying on the inside. Thank you, FLOTUS.

25. MVW says:

Notice, the wall is nonstop, geographical barriers are topped by the wall if for no other reason but to symbolize the barrier at all cost.

What small mind will argue that a wall can’t be built or is too expensive? China’s wall was done by manual labor and is seen from space.

26. georgiafl says:

The First Lady arrives in Alaska:

27. sunnydaze says:

The Great Wall of China is *wonderful*. I’m trying to think if I’ve ever seen a more impressive man-made thing and I’m not coming up with anything.

It’s so beautiful and graceful, the way that it moves with the terrain.

I’m sure Melania is wishing that Barron was there to enjoy this with her- he would LOVE it!