Sunday Talks: OMB Director Mick Mulvaney -vs- Princess Perino…

Office of Managements and Budget (OMB) Director Mick Mulvaney appears on Fox News Sunday to discuss the ongoing tax reform plan with princess Bush-Perino.

OMB Director Mulvaney also appeared on CBS Face The Nation (see below).

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Budget, Economy, Legislation, media bias, Predictions, President Trump, Taxes, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Sunday Talks: OMB Director Mick Mulvaney -vs- Princess Perino…

1. 1popefrancis says:

I can hardly bear all of this…it is part of the circuit I get it but it is like watching a broadway show…lights camera action – I am a cynic…The patient has been comatose to dead – Trump has the cure…don’t block his path to the patient.

2. brh82 says:

Gotta love that moniker for Perino!!! Perfect.

3. Thecleaner says:

Notice the media for weeks have been hammering away at what is and is not “negotiable”.
    Why do you suppose that is? I suspect its so the skunk RINOS know exactly what poison pill to drop in there to force Trump to veto the bill….lets watch and see who does it this time…im sure they are drawing straws for the honor right now

• Stop the hammering!!!! Bahahaha.

• Ditch Mitch says:

“I suspect its so the skunk RINOS [think they] know exactly what poison pill to drop in there to force Trump to veto the bill”

PDJT probably has already set up the Senate. Knows where the Senate will give and take. My take is the house passed a bill that makes them look good and Senate drops a poison pill. If Senate passes a bill reconcilliation will pass and it will be a good bill.

This was done with NoCare. House passes, Senate fails so no reconcilliation. Yertle and “da big club” can’t afford to pass a tax bill. If they do, reconcilliation will craft a good bill.

4. ALEX says:

My man Mick. Perino and her former boss are quite frankly a disgrace. Literaly insulting to ones intelligence with this care free snowflake garbage..

5. WeThePeople2016 says:

I saw this live this morning. Mulvaney is a class act who knows his stuff. He is a real asset to the Trump Administration.

6. MrE says:

I’ll freely admit that I had a LOT of reservations about Mulvaney’s appointment; glad he’s proven me wrong so far.

7. filia.aurea says:

I can’t watch this b.s.

8. Stringy theory says:

I despise Boosh-Pirinha, and always have. Glad I never watch this stuff.

9. listingstarboard says:

Every time I see Princess Perino my hand starts itching….to slap her.

10. Lulu says:

Wow, she’s a big phony.

11. carrierh says:

The 2 parties in 1 are desperate about their future income and maybe now about their being re-elected to anything, but the democrats constantly blocking Trump is only encouraging many democrats to say enough is enough because this is OUR America too and we want to move forward and stop playing like little spoiled brats and do the job we sent you to do in Congress or quit and we will find someone better whether democrat or republicans. We are the Republic and its People and you need to stop playing games with the Trump administration or your party will be dead, and we want only perhaps two 3 yr terms MAX and no benefits/perks that you gave yourselves and is not valid, and no more insider trading, AND abolish/repeal the 17th Amendment and back to your states and no need to be in DC and the criminality you are part of in both Houses.

• H.R. says:

On line 6, you slipped in a period. On line 9, you squeezed in comma. Thank you.
      Signed,
      Your friendly neighborhood punctuation-nazi

(I’m just messin’ wid ya carrierh. I agree very much with what you wrote and I really don’t give a rat’s patootie how you wrote it. Solid stuff.)

12. Rachelle says:

Princess Perino is one who told us to believe the polls showing Trump would lose by a lot. I can’t watch her and would believe nothing she said if I did.

13. zephyrbreeze says:

Isn’t $1 million a random number? There is nothing special about the number $1 million, but people are so unsophisticated in understanding money that the word million sounds “rich” and the primitive impulse is to grab.

I didn’t know that people in different states pay different federal tax rates What??

This is the ultimate rubric’s cube of a gordian knot.

Ed.- My issue with Dana is that she is humorless, not witty, and so the dry, passionless, WASPY.

I LOVE how Pres. Trump understands tax reduction as a MORAL issue. My work, my money.

Pelosi is calling lowering taxes – Armageddon.

(Maxine Waters is calling changes to Obamacare – genocide.)

14. stats guy says:

I’m real cynical abut this tax stuff. Someone has to pay for the $$$ that the Pols want to throw around to make themselves look like the grandees they want to be (plus a little skim for themselves)

I agreed with Reagan but we also know the Congress kept spending…as did the RINO congress during the Bush 2nd administration. I just have a sneaking feeling that I will be paying more taxes at the end off this, not less. And watch them say that middle class is at 24K…

15. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

I just want to make her a “felt perino” …now where did I leave those pins….brb

16. Agave says:

John Dickerson is a whiney little twit. “But whyyyyyyyy can’t you do whatever you want if the Republicans control Congresssss?” Barf!

17. n1ghtcr4wler says:

Nobody from the Bush administration is qualified to talk about budgets. Next they want to tell Trump how to handle ISIS in Iraq?

18. Sylvia Avery says:

Now, if someone would just tell me that Mick Mulvaney bit Perino’s head off and spit it out on national TV I’d watch that video for sure! Much as I like Mick, can’t handle Little Miss Perfect.

19. ok4ayl says:

Now that we are discussing “TAX CUTS” ( How are we gonna pay for it ? I love that one! ) which has nothing to do with “REVENUE” ( money into treasury ) can we please now begin to enact real “SPENDING CUTS” to coincide with a reduction in the rates?( More revenue + less government spending = MAGA ) Now this would be a real energizer bunny to the overall economy!

20. tvollrath66 says:

I think mick did a good job of putting the blame the media was trying to lay on the president back on congress in easy to understand examples that everyday people would get.

21. I will admit to not watching this…I can’t, she just stomps on THAT nerve that is well past an eye roll. But all your comments were worth reading! “Princess Purina” being my favorite.

Keep up the good and entertaining work my friends!

• Ellen says:

I echo your thoughts. I try to look away if forced to watch. On top of everything else she is a Grade A surrender monkey. When the going gets tough she will flip to the other side and leave people on our side hanging out there.

22. daughnworks247 says:

I’m an accountant by trade. To people like me, Mulvaney is a stud. I mean, what are the chances accountants would have our very own super-hero?
    It’s new day – we can save the world.

• JC says:

Ha – great post, daughnworks. He is indeed a stud and superhero. ✍🏻🤓💪🏻

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Hey, I’ve got a question for you!

It was just a passing thought. For those that live in states where they are allowed to deduct their state taxes, doesn’t that amount to STATE WELFARE?

Why is it, that the states can ramp up their state taxes and then are in reality allowed to pass that on to the entire country that pays the taxes?

Those states can jack up their taxes as much as they want. They can mismanage their state and then tack it onto state taxes and then tell the people, “Don’t worry folks! It’s all tax deductible!”

Now, I live in FL. We don’t have state taxes here. We have property taxes and that’s it.

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee don’t pay state taxes, except for taxes on dividends and income from investments.

I think the people that live in those states ought to be hammering away at their local officials and force them to reduce taxes and live within their means!

• Bendix says:

If you don’t itemize, you don’t get that property tax deduction. So it gives a means for the local government to really gouge on those taxes without inconveniencing people of wealth.
        Unfortunately, when you try to vote out the local government renters, who pay property taxes indirectly and also are less affected, the “poor” who don’t even pay their rent out of their own pocket, and increasing numbers of immigrants who get various government subsidies and breaks, will outvote you.
        I have patiently demonstrated to people as well, that various entities deriving support from the government because they are “good for” the municipality are actually a drain, as they increase the burden on those who do pay taxes. I show them actual numbers, and they still don’t believe me.
        Oh, and something I was thinking of including, and I only just now understand how it ties in to Sundance’s timeline of encroaching globalism- it was around 1980 someone came up with the idea of wouldn’t it be great to allow college students to vote in local elections where they go to school, but their parents don’t live.
        I knew this was a bad thing for local taxpayers, but I am only just this very moment realizing what it meant to the globalist movement.
        Okay, I’m stunned and have to go collect myself.
        Glad you raised the point, it led to another epiphany on my part.

• daughnworks247 says:

More correctly, you could say it is “federal” welfare to those states who do have state income taxes.
        Hey, I itemize, live in a red state, pay state income tax, plus, about $10K in property taxes, which is exhorbitant for my state but low compared to my Cohasset, MA cousins.
        Bottom line, no, it is not fair to red states for the deduction to exist.
        In reality, the problem lies with state legislatures to tax their citizens too highly. States like CT, NJ, NY IL, CA, are HORRIBLE when it comes to fiscal responsibility and THEIR legislatures need to address the problem instead of blaming the federal government.
        Because these state’s are densely populated/higher earning, common sense would indicate the gov’t would require LESS $/person — not more.

• daughnworks247 says:

You mean you guys don’t deduct your local sales taxes on itemized forms?
          I do.
          I told my husband, “receipts are sexy”.
          Save everything.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

“Just imagine, if my state quadrupled my property/state income taxes, how many cronies I could buy off.”

LOL!

23. Most double tax states, states that get big $$ from property and then again from income, are run by D’s . I’m out of NJ in two years to stop the TEA maddness.

• daughnworks247 says:

We had a big soiree over the summer for a bunch of Trump admins on Facebook.
      The Long Island contingent was well represented!!!
      Had a discussion with a girlfriend and she is feeling your pain as well.
      1800sq ft house, w/ 4 bedrooms, postage stamp size, paying about $12K in property taxes and scared to death for her daughter to walk down the street.
      Not acceptable.
      Here, my keys to the car are in my car.

24. yy4u says:

Dana Perino sets my teeth on edge.

25. Ken says:

I can’t stand Dana PeRINO as she is nothing but a Bush family shill. Even the dog Jasper isn’t enough for me to like this harridan. They should just get rid of her and Juan Williams on The Five and call it The Three. She will never be for anything President Trump does because he beat Low Energy JEB like a RINO mule. She’s the kind of flak that would thank both GWB and McVain for their speeches this past week.

26. El_Flaco says:

Speaking of Bush princesses, we are going to have one run DHS.

27. Ditch Mitch says:

Alright who is blocking the Princess Purina video? Is CTH being too critical? Hurt feelings @FNC?