I find it interesting that Chinese TV is more interested in NAFTA renegotiation than most U.S., Canada or Mexico media.  Against the backdrop of China exploiting NAFTA as a backdoor into the U.S. market we accept this disparate level of interest is not accidental. China is specifically the “third party dumper” mentioned by Robert Lighthizer.
The negotiations can have as many as six rounds; each round lasting 5 days; two rounds in each nation, over the course of three months, with each round tackling a different economic sector.
It is also entirely possible they could also end sooner, much sooner.
The introductory remarks by Trade representatives from Canada, Mexico and the U.S. can be considerably enlightening for those who review the transparent political agendas behind the trade discussions.  I have a spidey sense these first round negotiations might not even make it to Sunday.
In the video below it is interesting to watch Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland, outline her priorities (also here in more detail).  Ms. Freeland gives her remarks in English, Spanish and French.  If you can watch Freeland without A.) Laughing hysterically, or B.) punching your TV/Computer screen, well, you’re Job.
Through Ms. Freedlan’s leadership – Canada is focused on ensuring a “progressive trade agenda”.  She is demanding a focus on LGBTQ, and specifically transgender rights in the trade deal, in addition to cultural sensitivity aspects, and climate change. Go figure.

Remarks begin at 04:50 of video with a quick housekeeping set up by Robert Lighthizer.
Ms. Freeland remarks begin at 06:00.
Mr. Guajardo remarks at 12:45 and
Ambassador Lighthizer at 17:50.

The Mexicans are already offended, and it’s only the opening remarks:

And now you know why Canada desperately wants to keep the Chapter 19 dispute settlement clause. – EXPLAINED HERE

This entry was posted in Canada, Mexico, NAFTA, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

375 Responses to U.S., Canada and Mexico Outline NAFTA Priorities – Canada's Hilarious Virtue Signaling, and Mexico Perpetually Offended…

1. ECM says:

I’ve been up in Canada for nearly 4-months and NOBODY here has any idea what’s going on w/ NAFTA. When I bring it up, people are completely clueless, and the only mentions it gets in televised Canadian media is as part of the ticker that scrolls along the bottom of the screen. They are going to get schlonged, bigly.

• Gil says:

They know and dont want to give everyone a heads up. Timber/lumber was the first shot. Not going to get better, but going to get fair. As it should be.

• ECM says:

I’m referring to average Canadians, not the government. Average Canadians have no idea what’s going on and don’t appear to care.

• Derek Hagen says:

“Average Canadians have no idea what’s going on and don’t appear to care.”
          I keep telling my fellow Canadians that and all I get are blank stares.

• decisiontime16 says:

I wonder how many average Americans know what’s going on here. Might be about the same as Canada.

• Black_Knight_Rides says:

That crawling ticker on their TV screens moves faster than their minds can.

• Sunshine says:

TRUE. They don’t think it will affect them. I tell them it will affect them. ”Wait, you’ll see, remember what I told you”.
          I also think Canadian Steel will lose greatly. Freeland is used to crying in order to get what she wants. It won’t work with Trump’s team.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

If you don’t know, you can’t care. And that is probably what the Canadian government wants.

• Orygun says:

The Canucks have been screwing us from day one on lumber. At one point it was almost impossible to find lumber from the US and I live in one of the so called biggest lumber producing states. Oakridge had a giant statue of Paul Bunyan and touted being the timber capital of the world. Now they have bike trails.
        NAFTA and over regulation has destroyed much of the economy. Lets see if we can rebound if you can find anyone who knows how to do the work much less a mill to process the logs.
        Everyone has had a free ride at our expense.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I agree. Logging was hard work, but it put food on the table for a lot of families back in the day, or else working at a mill. Now there are no mills in timber country, and no loggers. And those jobs have been gone for a generation or more so is there anyone left with the institutional knowledge?
          And at the risk of sounding like a concern troll, it does occur to me to wonder where we would find people nowadays WILLING to log? Hard, dangerous work. When I see the videos of our young men, pudgy and out of shape, pulling down statues it is difficult for me to imagine them doing actual physical labor.
          Washington and Oregon are full of pajama boys. But maybe Canadian loggers would come here for work? I dunno.

• The OL’ Loggers will be teaching the young ones the ropes…AND the logging companies will be a pretty penny for that wealth of knowledge…Just like in engineering. Believe me, it is going to happen.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks for that optimistic boost! I sure hope so, wouldn’t that be grand?
              And if the timber industry were to come back, maybe our American ingenuity and productivity would focus on the issues involved and develop improvements! It could be exciting to see it happen!

• Yankee Whiskey SA…

• chiefworm says:

The only way for lumber to really come back is for the Federal Grubberment get out of “owning” lands. Timber belongs to the states and those people within the state. To be managed by those people and those states alone. The only land to be owned by the Feds was a 10-mile by 10-mile square. Period.

• Black_Knight_Rides says:

Exactly, Sylvia.
                Our Rebooted Timber Industry will be the most automated and productive marvel on the planet.

• maiingankwe says:

Sylvia,
            Respectfully, I lived in a small town in the north east part of Minnesota. There are quite a few families that were once loggers. I have friends who would not only show me where the old logging camps were, but the hardships they had to endure as children. Some of the older adults told me stories too of their logging days.
            These people took great pride in the hard work and of their survival in the woods of northern Minnesota. I don’t think they have forgotten or they are too lazy to do so.
            I remember one man who reminded me of Paul Bunyan, beard and all. He would use a small pitcher for his beer glass and it fit perfectly in his big mitt of a hand. I remember talking to his sweet wife, and she had told me all of his brothers and Dad were big like him, he was the runt. She said it was easy enough to pick out the logging families because of their size. They would have lots of children and they were usually big and robust. Not all of course, but after awhile it became true to me. All of her boys were real big too, and the one daughter was tiny and petite. They were an awesome family with very respectful children. Those boys didn’t have to be asked to help someone out, they did it on their own. I remember more than once one of them helping me with carrying something or other. I was super impressed.
            These families and their logging memories aren’t from that long ago. They have pictures of it in color, not the black and white we are used to seeing. In addition, we’re a pretty smart bunch and I’m sure they can figure out far more easier ways to make their jobs easier and safer. If anyone was to figure it out, it would be them.
            I think the lazy and overweight types you are thinking of are more from the cities than our woods and fields folks.
            Please take care and know I wrote these words in kindness not in harshness. Be well,
            Ma’iingankwe

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks for sharing your local stories. The anecdotes that people share add so much to my understanding!
              In the Pacific Northwest, logging was an important industry until the Spotted Owl was discovered in the 1970s. Logging shut down out here and left a lot of communities hurting and dying. It was brutal.
              Since then, the PNW has had an incredible influx of people. The logging industry has been gone for forty years. Few remember that it was ever even an important industry here.
              I wonder if the timber industry lasted longer in northern Minnesota? Probably until the timber began being imported from Canada?
              I am glad to hear things are different there. If that is the case, there is hope!
              The PNW may, or may not, have the young men interested in logging and mill work but it still has trees! And it has some depressed communities that might like another chance at life.

• maiingankwe says:

Sylvia,
                I hope so too, and I have faith it will work out for the best all around.
                Be well,
                Ma’iingankwe

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Perhaps things can change. It turns out that, although habitat decrease may have been a factor, the chief cause for the decline of Spotted Owl numbers was that a competitor, the Barred Owl, moved into the same area.

• Orygun says:

The people you refer to are the “salt of the earth” and are what is sorely missed today. It was with great pleasure that I was able to work around folk like that.

• wondering999 says:

Ma’iingankwe, you wrote this: “In addition, we’re a pretty smart bunch and I’m sure they can figure out far more easier ways to make their jobs easier and safer. ”
              I agree and want to emphasize what you wrote. I participated in a class in rural Kentucky discussing opioid addictions, and the problems of people living in areas where (a) there is no doctor and (b) they no longer have health insurance, if they ever had any; and (c) workplace injuries. Logging, like mining, is very dangerous work and many people sustain injuries of one type or another. Hardworking people need access to competent, reliable medical care, and that doesn’t always happen. Along with jobs returning, I want to see a decent system of medical care, and Trump’s understanding of the logic in this issue is one of the reasons I supported him, early on.

• wondering999 says:

By the way — one non-government organization that supports rural communities is Remote Area Medical, started by Stan Brock once he had made some money, because he remembered people he had worked with on cattle ranches in rural South America (as a runaway teen from Britain — Stan Brock is amazing)
                There are a million ways to support this excellent organization with time or money, and RAM goes all over the world including our own country, to help people. Lion’s Club also pitches in 🙂

• Orygun says:

The Coast Guard used to medevac injured workers out of the Coast Range when I was out there. Who knows what is going today.

• maiingankwe says:

Wondering999,
                It’s true, rural areas don’t have medical places, and if they do, it might be sorely lacking in good doctors and nurses.
                We had a tiny clinic, and I swear I could look things up and diagnose myself better than they could. One time, my friend had broken her ankle and a bone in the lower part of her leg. I had to take her down to Duluth to get X-Rayed and the like. In our small clinic, the nurse had wrapped her ankle and leg and she had hobbled out on one crutch because it was all they had. I wish we had smart phones back then because I would’ve taken a picture to show you how ridiculously it was wrapped. I’ve never seen anything like it, and I swear my daughter when she was four years old could’ve darn far better. I literally had to re wrap the mess and the so-called nurse had used like three or four of those ace bandages, which went from half way down the knee and around the ankle. I laughed the entire time undoing and then redoing. Oh, and she had a bunch of cotton in huge lumps all over the place. My poor friend was in so much pain too, I couldn’t help feel terrible for her. Thank goodness when I saw her walk out of the hospital in Duluth she had two crutches and a nicely done cast. She felt so much better too.
                On the way down I had to pull over my Jeep and put down the back seats so she could lay flat for the ride since she was in so much pain. On the way home the seats were back up and she sat in the back with her leg up talking the whole way home. It was night and day.
                I was just thinking, maybe the mills could have a trained medic team. I know at the mine where my husband works they have people who are specially trained, so if something goes wrong, they can at least give proper aide until they are properly transported. I don’t believe they are just a team on call that sits there, I believe there are so many in each area on each shift, so they can go about their regular job unless radioed for an emergency. I don’t know if they’re trained as EMT’s or not, I’d have to ask. I do know there is a lot of training involved though and extra pay. However, that did get me thinking to what you explained.
                I’m not a 100% sure, but there just may be certain regulations depending on the number of people working in a mill/mine, the distance from proper medical aide, which would demand they have something similar to what I explained at my husband’s place of employment. It wouldn’t be a bad idea if there was one put in place, as long as it was written with common sense.
                Thank you for your post, and I do hope they can have decent medical care or plans to get them there properly.
                Be well,
                Ma’iingankwe

• Maquis says:

With our young War Vets, many trained as medics, the military model of combat medical care may become the norm in such industries.
                  Everyone knows first aid, every group has medics, evavuation teams at the reafy and excellent organization and communucations, and so on. Logging, mines, all hard, dangerous, remote work can benefit from Military Vets.

• Andy Smith says:

I live in the Portland,OR area. The townies are a sad excuse for human beings that could not do anything more physical than riding a bike naked if their lives depended on it. However, rural Oregonians are a different breed represented by people like this: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/bike-theft-oregon-walmart-thief-lassoed-cattle-rancher
            The institutional knowledge is still there, even if some of it is now held by migrants. The rural people will do fine if given the opportunity.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Well, the good news is the trees grow in rural areas not Portland so we’ll let the “townies” have their barista careers. Glad there are rural ‘gonians ready and able to get logging!

• Tegan says:

Born and raised in Oregon several decades ago. Hubby keeps asking me how this could happen to what was once a wonderful place to live and raise your family (he’s specifically astounded by tonight’s news of not only free abortions to anyone, but also the late term and gender specific ones that are included). I reply…Californians! They move up to Oregon and Washington to avoid the taxes and created something we no longer recognize. I loved Oregon, still have a few family members there but NOTHING would entice me to live there now.

• Malatrope says:

Agreed 1000%. Spent my formative years there, can’t recognize the place now. I’ve come to appreciate the beauty of the people and the land further inland, now.

• Steele81 says:

I don’t know about up north but down South our fam logs and runs lumber mills. All 3 sons went into fam lumber business. Son 2 says he dreams about cutting down trees. The North will pick it back up.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Hooray! So glad to hear that!

• G. Combs says:

About 10 years ago we had our lob lolly pine cut. Lots of lumbering here in North Carolina. There was even one family who used horses so as not to destroy the land.
              So don’t worry guys, the talent to train others (Even horse logging) is still here.

• suzanne pooler says:

Iam a 6th generation Oregonian ,my father worked for a lumber company for years as a faller, he kept us kids fed and clothed, in the late 70s environmentalists started with there spotted owl blather here and before to long the lumber company went bankrupt and my dad lost his job. very depressing times to watch friends and family go under along with the timber industry.
            My step son graduated HS this summer and to my great surprise went to work for lumber mill, I am quite proud of him, I never thought that he would choose to go to work in a mill! there is hope for some of the millennials yet. there’s a few old timers around willing to teach these young guys the ropes.
            This my first post ever please forgive any grammar or typos. thank you Sundance for such a wonderful website I have learned so much here!

• Janice says:

Welcome to the Tree house!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Suzanne, welcome! I’m honored you chose my post to reply to for your “maiden voyage.”
              I really appreciate hearing people’s personal stories unique to their part of the country. I am always happy to hear something positive and optimistic about our young people in particular.
              Thanks for your eloquent post!

• suzanne pooler says:

thank you Sylvia. I have enjoyed many of your posting here at CTH and will post a bit more I just try to digest everything that’s written here! I have never found a website such as this one and its refreshing to be in like minded company. thank you for the warm welcome.

• maiingankwe says:

Welcome Suzanne! So good to hear from you and looking to hear more from you too. Don’t worry about grammatical errors, we don’t have any grammar nazis around here, thank goodness. Plus, I thought you did very well anyways, quite easy to read and understand, so you’re all good. Grab a branch and make a comfy nest, make yourself comfortable in your new home away from home. It’s a pleasure to have you here. Now you’re a Treeper! So cool.
              Be well and stay smiling,
              Ma’iingankwe

• Travis McGee says:

I was just talking to an old retired logger today. My wife and I are moving out of Portland to a small town that used to have 3 miills and logging jobs were plenty. I lived there in the mid 70’s and worked in the woods myself for a few years. Now days there is one mill and logging jobs are few. Work ethic for hard physical work is in short supply with young workers of any trade according to the contractors and other old workers. So i agree., it may be hard to find people to fill these jobs when they come back and find the people to train/mentor them..

• Wee2low says:

There are plenty where I live (El Dorado County CA, oddly enough). There’s a closed mill not 15 minutes from my house. Used to support the entire area. Now they ship the logs offshore to ships for milling and bring them back for consumption. I see logging trucks full almost everyday when I go to work.

• piper567 says:

Orygun…how’s the fire situation?
          Several folks have told me visits have been difficult due to smoke.
          Sister said Medford is dreadful…
          where are you, C, E ?

• Orygun says:

I’m at the South end of the Willamette valley and it has been smoky for the last week but it is clearing up. Medford is in a bowl and it always has problems. No way for the smoke to move out.
            The money from the timber sales paid for the new road construction and we used to have more roads than we actually needed for access. Since they closed the woods off and let them become overgrown most of the roads have become unusable.
            Duh! The geniuses running our country are now finding they can’t get to the lightning fires and they are getting out of control.
            I used to spend many a night setting on lightening strikes back in the day when I was also surveying boundaries for timber sales.
            In the early 1900’s there were literally small logging communities at the base of every drainage with their own small mills. Everything this State has become was built on the backs of loggers and farmers. Now there isn’t either.

• Emily Summer says:

I live in southeastern Oregon and our town used to be a busy logging town. Then the environmentalists got involved. We have only one small sawmill now, and it only mills small dimension logs. Now the Forest Circus has prescribed burns that smoke up the valley every Spring and Fall because no more lumbermen around to harvest. The eastern part of Oregon is still very conservative, but too many liberals all around for me.

• Orygun says:

Born and raised in Klamath and most of my uncles worked at Weyerhaeuser. The city has become left leaning and it pains me to visit.
                The rural areas are still the same and it is great to have people wave as you go by. People on the west side are typically rude and unfriendly. I blame it on the universities pumping out little socialists.

• ROTFLMAO!!! Well, they have a true, strong, manly leader who can guide them to better fortunes…..NOT!! 🙂

• The Boss says:

They may not even know they’ve been schlonged, even if you tell them ECM.

• Freeland’s haughtiness, self-righteousness and condescension is not to be believed. The LION is licking his chops!

2. David says:

Is Canada proposing some sort of drag queen exchange or something

3. shannynae says:

I was taking a drink as I scrolled to the second picture….I’m still cleaning my keyboard. Haha.
    Excellent, Sundance!

4. rsanchez1990 says:

Turns out the establishment was against opening renegotiation talks on NAFTA because the Canadian and Mexican delegations are hilariously outmatched.

5. sundance says:

Canada supports the “third party dumping”.
    The auto parts are from China, assembled in Canada and Mexico and shipped into the U.S. via NAFTA as a backdoor to avoid taxes on Chinese auto products.

• Tried to explain this to a fellow older liberal sibling….she refused to “believe such a practice by our government.” LOL!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Dear heaven. Well, it wasn’t all that long ago that I, too, “refused to ‘believe such a practice by our government.'” So there is hope for your sister.

• Uhhhh…..
          I’m not going to hold my breath. I’ll just continue to pray 🙂

• LBB says:

I’m praying too. For those in disbelief our gov’t could do such awful things.
            Tried to explain during primaries to a friend the “North American Union” scenario.
            Another relative unaccepting we could ever arm ISIS.
            Just a few enlightenments will do the trick.

• piper567 says:

Mark…some wish to remain in denial…others take a while.
            Do keep praying for her; sight sometimes is slow to come.

• G3 says:

Oh, Canada.

• A2 says:

This article addresses the IP problem, China’s backdoorism and why they are so interested in the NAFTA negotiations.
      “Put China’s Intellectual Property Theft in a Larger Context”
      Oh, and Miss Canada needs some French lessons (lol)

• A2 says:

Boxun is reporting (unconfirmed) that the Kushners and children are going to China in September and will have a private ‘banquet’ at Pres Xi and Peng’s home.
        Gen Dunford was in Beijing and visited the China/NK border area and signed a military information cooperation agreement (think ‘deconfliction zone’).

• Bert Darrell says:

1) She also desperately needs some elementary Spanish lessons and coaching.
        2) Are we supposed to understand that “Miss Canada” believes that the cost of Mexican firefighters’ help in the USA justifies a 66 billion dollar deficit because the friendly assistance has a price? I thought sending some American help to fight a fire in Mexico would be sufficient reciprocity, and be much cheaper. /S
        3) With that kind of intellect she’ll be devoured by the USTR and the Secretary of Commerce before she starts crying.

• Esperanza says:

Not so clownish after all, are they?

• WSB says:

So, the word ‘origin’…what are the names of these companies? What is their origin?

6. rf121 says:

“She is demanding a focus on LGBTQ, and specifically transgender rights in the trade deal”.
    So if Canada plans to team up with Mexico to go against us they may need a new strategy because those macho Latino men are really not into that. Then again, maybe El Chapo was a cross dresser.

7. […] sundance I find it interesting that Chinese TV is more interested in NAFTA renegotiation than most U.S., […]

8. FofBW says:

Just pull the plug and go from scratch with each country. All this dancing around is a waste of time!

9. Gil says:

If canada and mexico dont make it through even the first round before walking away, how soon is nafta void? Does it affect us immediately?
    What would be the most obvious immediate changes?

• georgiafl says:

Disgusting.
      What has trangenderism got to do with trade?
      Nothing.
      “Freeland attended the United World College of the Adriatic.[22] She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Russian history and literature from Harvard University and a Master of Studies degree in Slavonic Studies from St Antony’s College, Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar in 1993.” [wikipedia]
      Exactly what qualifies Freeland to be a trade negotiator?
      Nothing – She’s a political hack, as Trump says.

• Deplorable Canuck says:

She’a part of Trudeau’s ‘progressive’ government…..cause you know…’It’s 2015’…I believe was the term our pretty boy PM used……god forbid we should hire folks based on ability.
        I believe this woman last year left some European trade negotiations in tears because they weren’t going in Canada’s favour.
        She’s going to get eaten alive.
        We’re screwed. Add in the collapsing house markets in Vancouver and Toronto which form large part of our GDP…..doesn’t look good north of the border.

• dekester says:

Few Americans have any idea how insane, and inept our government is. PDJT and his team will crush us.
          I believe that is a good thing..
          True about the real estate, the money out on the Westcoast is going to Vancouver Island, big time.

• doogiesblog says:

If you would forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but why is Vancouver and Toronto suffering? I thought there was a housing boom due to Asians flocking to Vancouver.

• Dekester says:

Suffering is an over statement, at least IMO.
              Those two markets have been red hot for two years now. Both Provinces ( Ontario and B.C. ) imposed a foreign buyers tax.
              This has somewhat dampened the market, but here in Vancouver the slow down will likely not last.
              This morning on a walk I counted over twenty homes under construction, within a three or so blocks of our house. These homes were on lots that previously had forty or so year old homes on them.
              Those older homes sold for approx 1.2 Million ( Can) approx 800 K to build a five thousand sqft piece of junk. Properties will be listed at approx 2.5 Million, the buyers almost exclusively offshore Asian.
              Is the situation not similar in San Francisco and Seattle?

• Niagara Frontier says:

Some provincial governments (BC and Ontario) have slapped at 15% tax on non-resident foreign housing buyers. Among other things, that has served to cool the overheated housing market.
              Regardless, most average working class Canadians are still priced out of the market.

• Deplorable Canuck says:

The foreign influence on the boom has been pegged at below 10% of sales I beleive. The main culprits are low interest rates, constant house pumping by lying real estate agents via compliant media, and the bank of Mum and Dad coughing up the down payments. With these new provincial measures in place its tipped them markets…Toronto prices have dropped off a cliff.
              I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, we’ve seen a big jump in house prices and I suspect its a combination of lots of Vancouver folks cashing out andcmovong over here…and Asian money… quite a few empty homes with Mainland Chinese owners. I think Victoria has seen the biggest infux.. will be interesting to see the fall out!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Dekester, I am so sorry. Watching your PM in action makes me feel like I did when we had BO as our leader. I was sick and sorry for us then, and I am for Canada now.

• Dekester says:

Thank you S.A.
              This site is so aptly named.
              A refuge it truly is, crazy I know but a gathering CTH supporters at a PDJT rally would be great would it not?
              I am thinking of flying down to PDJTs rally in AZ next week. They are a blast.
              It is likely too short notice for us, but you never know.
              God bless PDJT

• ediegrey says:

Caroline Kennedy could do better.

• joninmd22 says:

So she’s an incompetent then.

• Judith says:

Trump is simply correcting trade imbalances that used to favor Canada and Mexico, to America’s detriment. He says he wants FAIR trade. A successful leader knows that nobody wins in a lopsided deal. Canada may have to give up it’s unfair advantage, but I trust that Trump will then be “fair” all around.

• I thought the unawareness she exhibited when she kept shoving those photos in her partners’ faces interesting, but then I become mesmerized on her left hand as it flung out with a life of its own and waited for the guy on her left to be poked in the eye, or push her hand out of his face.
        I thought she was cute, but her youthful exuberance to the American delegation fluctuated between a groupie and a teenybopper as she bubbled with the shear excitement of being there.
        Very much out of her league other then her self congratulation of speaking 3 languages. Can you imagine our guy having to speak the hundreds that can be found at polling stations on voting day, this show could have went on for hours.

• Tegan says:

Thanks for the bio…what a total joke. Our team must have difficulty keeping a straight face when she speaks.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Absolutely. Looking at her education (Russian connection, anyone?), it’s doubtful she’s ever set foot on a factory floor. Why is it that the people who (probably) flunked math, science (physics, chemistry, etc.), and logic, end up determining policy in said fields?

• magagirl says:

What does gender have to do with auto-parts?

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m just waiting. Canada will require us to remove all Confederate statues.

• palafox says:

I’m guessing this is done because they know they’re going to get taken to the cleaners if they stay in the negotiations. This will allow them to further try to paint Trump and his supporters as racist, gender-phobic (can’t believe I just typed that word), xenophobic.

• Oldschool says:

Have they been without rights?

• maiingankwe says:

When I read the article I couldn’t help but wonder how the heck are they going to “…apply a gender lens to trade.”? In addition, I went there to see how the heck they were going to do these proposals. The article didn’t have an answer and they questioned it as well. I really don’t think they know or have figured it out either just lots of pretty words for the public and their reputations.
      At least some of their people are questioning how Canada is going to push for climate change bs when our President walked away from the Paris accord without a second thought. Seems like that would be hard to do.
      Lastly, it really rankled me how Mexico thinks they have the right to belittle in their little speech, but heaven forbid if the U.S. stands up for itself and declares no more unfair trade deals.
      Okay, one more…the link also had an article to how Tredeau will succeed in this, I guess they plan to work around our President Trump, at least that is what part of their title says, ‘work around Trump’. Yeah, good luck with that, and thanks for letting us in on your little secret. Sheesh.

• Sunshine says:

She has no business experience and she’s thinking like a mommy.

• evergreen says:

Uff da. Wouldn’t want to be the arbiter of what a “convertible” is nowadays.

10. USA loves Melania says:

Something tells me that the substitute drama teacher may be slightly out of his league negotiating economic issues against our self-made billionaire. Canada is not sending their best.

11. Suite D says:

Pajama boys, baby girls. The Trump Train won’t even feel the bumps as it rolls over these empty suits and suitettes. MAGA!!!

12. Bree says:

It almost seems unfair. NOT!!!!

13. pageoturner says:

Looks like they sent the Brownies and we sent Seal Team Six.

14. 4sure says:

Through Ms. Freedlan’s leadership – Canada is focused on ensuring a “progressive trade agenda”. She is demanding a focus on LGBTQ, and specifically transgender rights in the trade deal, in addition to cultural sensitivity aspects, and climate change. Go figure.
    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the hell this means w/regards to “trade”. I’m sure I’m missing something very significant.

15. Ploni says:

NOTE TO CANADIAN AND MEXICAN “NEGOTIATORS”:
    We know that you know that we know that you know who you are up against.
    Cut the crap.

16. M33 says:

LOL
    Those socks…
    Reminds me of Arthur in The Birdcage.
    “Well… one does want a hint of color.”

17. I couldn’t get past the part where I learned Brian Mulroney is still alive.

18. cjzak says:

I guess I’m a bit dense here, but what does gender and indigenous rights have to do with trade agreements at all??? Man, Mexico and Canada are in way over their heads with the US team that’s there. They won’t even make it through the first day without crying, lol. Yikes you’d think they both would send their ‘A’ team to handle this big of a deal. Well, maybe those are their A teams. Going to be very interesting to watch this unfold that’s for sure.

• redtreesquirrel says:

As a Socialist, you don’t have to make sense. You just have to know “Socialist speak”. Weren’t you awake through the Obama years? Just think, if Hillary had won the election, what we’d be hearing now. Ok, maybe better if you don’t…

• Jenny R. says:

As I mentioned above (and it really should be thought about) it’s to push transnational, non-economic laws and the remove sovereign nation laws. It’s a page taken from the UN really.
      Get a country to sign an economic deal…but the deal also contains for amending that country’s domestic laws as well. It’s away around the voters.
      And it’s done in such a way that nobody takes it seriously when they hear it. Canada is being the ultimate snake.

19. Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland = Bull Dyke
    If this offends anyone – sorry, not sorry. I am NOT trying to be PC here.
    Her agenda (LGBTQ) says it all.

20. fedback says:

Didn’t know they also have Spanish as an official language in Canada

• M33 says:

A masturbatory political exercise towards the Mexicans.

• dayallaxeded says:

And a giant waste of time–shows efficiency is an unknown quality in Canuckistan. They have pro translators and captioners for that purpose–say it once, communicate to everyone. What’s Canuckistan got against translators, who might be LGBTQX–rrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Esperanza says:

I always remember what the CFO of a major French TV company said to me when I delicately tried to tell her she wouldn’t have the level to work contracts in English for years, “Oh, no, we have expensive US lawyers for that, it’s just for saying hello and having cocktails” lol

• nuthinmuffin says:

language equality

• indiana08 says:

Perfect for all of our south of the border illegals who would like to live in the fine country of Canada since Pres. Trump says mean words and will deport them.

• mireilleg says:

Her French reading wasn’t that good, she had to overcompensate.

21. Sylvia Avery says:

Sundance, I am a little bit at a loss. I can’t begin to express my gratitude for your slogging through this stuff and presenting it. I’m so thankful to have some idea of what is going on and why. But I have to say this stuff makes me feel like my hair is on fire.
    The world has truly gone mad. How are we supposed to negotiate a serious trade deal with some lunatic Canadian who is babbling about fairy dust and unicorn horns and rainbows and climate change and LGBTQIA and whiskers on kittens? And a bunch of surly Mexicans who are at least smart enough to fear the gravy train may be slowing…

• M33 says:

Instead of the GBLT-sandwich acronym, they should simply just call it one thing:
      Gay.
      Covers it all.

• dayallaxeded says:

I really object to their co-opting a term for “happy” when they’re mostly such doleful, depressed, and whiney sods (literally). Queer is more like it. I admit, I kinda like the letter gobble-de-gook, because it gets so nonsensical so quickly.

• Pawz says:

LGB-WTF is one of my favorites.

• Weather Watcher says:

My vote is for Queer…..that’s what we called it back 3 decades ago..when it was once in a blue moon you would run into someone who was “confused” about who they were.

• pyromancer76 says:

No, Sylvia, the world has not gone mad. It is that those with gazillions of $$$ have paid off everyone (current leaders, minus President Trump and those on Trump Train) and bought all the media. Since they are no longer in the driver’s seat, they are prancing and pirouetting around as the very, very UGLY. They are trying to take over your mind and make you despair. Never fear. We shall overcome. MAGA And we might include Mexico and Canada in that greatness a bit if their sad, sad current leadership fails.

• My favorite post of the day bar none. I doff my hat to you yet again!

• Because everyone else does NOT have the Badgers…The rest are ankle biters!~!!!

22. I’m most curious about what the new NAFTA will say about confederate statues. /sarc

• Sylvia Avery says:

And one wonders…will the Statue of Liberty be required to be clad in a hijab or a burqua?

• TwoLaine says:

And will it include the Acosta Statue of Liberty Law?

• woodstuff says:

I laughed aloud when I heard Miller ask Acosta about the *Statue of Liberty Law*. Acosta didn’t seem to understand that there was no such law, but rather kept yammering on, responding with nonsense. My old dog was sitting beside me during that video and even he understood!

• SA…that will be a NEGATIVE ON THAT…MY NAME IS ON THAT STATUE WHEN THEY WERE RAISING FUNDS FOR IT…OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Yep. No longer a “statute of limitations” but a limitation of statues….
      Those who ignore (or destroy) the past are condemned to repeat it.
      I read somewhere that a number of the Civil War Monuments (cf Charlottesville) were erected, and I assume, funded by the Democrats. Are they attempting something like the Darwin Awards, but for irony….

23. That woman is absolutely insufferable!
    Transgender issues are biological warfare. “Indigenous rights” are attacks on national sovereignty.
    Both benefit China.

• M33 says:

That way they can dump all their Chinese crap into the “indigenous” communities who then can sell it elsewhere without being held subject to all the laws.
      It’s all a scam.

24. LBB says:

Seen Freeland’s press clip (last night?this morning? ) with her MX counterpart. Gushing over how strong their relationship with country’s each year. Bla bla bla. That was enough for me to get take on her personality . Sounds just like the quotes.

• dayallaxeded says:

Canuckistan and Messico, good luck with your close relationship without any transit rights across the CONUS. No really, good luck. You’ll seriously need it. Of course, as dim and divorced from reality (reality filed and proved abuse–receiving alimony in perpetuum) as they are, they probably think they can just fold a map in the middle.

25. fangdog says:

The more aware one becomes, the more foolish the foolish seem. More and more Americans are becoming more and more American patriots with each passing day. There are new developing reference points for defining America and what it means to be an American……proof is the incredible amount of winning. What is being left behind are only the braindead Libtards who cannot find or see the scoreboard.

26. tonyE says:

Just got to say that the Mexicans seems to understand what’s at stake here.
    The Canadians… dude… are they in the same planet? Do they understand what’s going on here? Do we care about AGW and Gays? Do they expect us to impose tariffs on gays and Cap and Trade permits?
    I think they’re confused, I think the Canucks sent the team that’s being trained to deal with Calimexistan, not the USA.

• mopar2016 says:

Yeah I agree tonyE.
      It turns out that the LGBTBS that was classified as a mental illness a few decades ago is still obviously a mental illness.
      Gee whodda thunk?

• dayallaxeded says:

Just look at the titles of the attendees–Canuckistan’s are all pols/policy shills, while Messico’s and USA’s are at least economists and trade experts of some sort. Canuckistan will find out very quickly how cold and lonely it is up there without the USA as a trade partner. They’ve got some very heavy, hard to refine oils up there, but how much refining capacity do they have? My guess is not nearly enough to get through even one full winter without fuel imports.

27. kurt72 says:

My question is can we cancel NAFTA without Congress?

• A2 says:

Here is the agreement
      NAFTA Article 2205: Withdrawal
      A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties. If a Party withdraws, the Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.

• fleporeblog says:

Yes! And it kills them that we can!

• A2 says:

Fle, our Sensei and Go master has it covered, or if you prefer, game theory.Think about it. Canada and Mexico can’t win. They will posture for the cameras and the home audience, but before they even arrived in DC, they have lost. The rest of this process is just to hold their hands and guide them to acceptance.

• kurt72 says:

Thanks, Fle and A2! Do you think we will cancel NAFTA and how soon?

• fleporeblog says:

It all depends if Mexico ?? and Canada ?? are willing to negotiate in good faith. Otherwise absolutely!

• LBB says:

I believe we want a bi-lateral, but will negotiate in good faith until first chance we know it ain’t gonna fly.

• woodstuff says:

P45 must show an attempt at negotiate to appease the swamp. The hammer will drop when Mex and Canada won’t be fair. Then, no more NAFTA. But P45 needs to make a *show* move politically.

28. Payday says:

It’s not just what Freeland said, take a look at her picture, put on a black pointy hat and paint her face green, and she’s straight out of the Wizard of Oz. Someone should warn her. A house is about to fall on her.

29. Some Old Guy says:

I’m not trying to be flippant but can someone tell me what a pro-LGBTQ trade agreement might touch on?

• Wait, you actually want a serious answer to that question?
      Hey I am an old guy too but come on. A serious discourse on that topic is not worth the effort because the mind-numbing result is too horrifying to contemplate.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I will be serious for a moment.
      I sure don’t know anything, but as far as my imagination will take me is to suppose maybe they would have requirements. For example, any businesses involved in trade must meet some kind of LGBTQIA standards such as 5% of their employees must be governmentally certified as being in one of those categories, and any bathrooms provided for the employees must be transgender compliant.
      I am too old and out of touch to be able to speculate further. But honestly NOTHING would surprise me any more.
      I read an article a few days ago where London has discovered that the rise in popularity of dating apps has had an unintended consequence. Over half of the gay bars in London have closed!!!
      Apparently this is such a loss to culture and community the city is now required to do something really off the wall like every tenth bar must be a gay bar or something like that. And to ensure compliance, the city has hired a Gayness Inspector who will check out the gay bars to ensure that they are Gay Enough.
      My imagination doesn’t stretch far enough to make something like that up and yet here it is in real life. So I just…give up.

• It is the word trade; a dog whistle that sets them off to imagine rough-trade which means, in their world, male prostitutes. This allows them to imagine this all is about bartering over sexual preferences.

• boogywstew says:

There would be stipulations regarding percentages of gay workers and new legal avenues to file grievances for perceived slights to gays. The Canadians would probably want to use whatever EU or UN templates already exist. Trust me … nothing good will come out of it. Whatever you can imagine … it’ll be worse than that.

• A minority business status statute, I would imagine – preferred supplier perks and more tools sent to your facility with more programs if you have an LBGTQ supplier giving you your molded parts, for example. Look at the now bankrupt Plastech for an example of a a minority holder taking full advantage of their preferred status until they whisked away to bankruptcy and left their employees in a bind.

30. bettycooper says:

This is like cheering for the World Series of Trade. The U.S. starting pitchers are dominating.

31. Delilah says:

So if Canada is the champion of LGBT, what is Mexico? The champion of drug dealers?
    This is the perfect place to see this video where Bambi meets Godzilla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJ9UvG0Q-A

32. treehouseron says:

What they don’t understand is, Lighthizer is just the warm up act. Wilburine still awaits. Patiently.
    My favorite picture from the renegotiations so far :

33. dustahl says:

Wilbur to the rescue, he will Kill them as in Trump’s killers, as in killer good at deals.

34. appadoo9 says:

O.K., O.K. They have Weak teams. But, how Much Weaker were our teams of the past…

• Weather Watcher says:

The US team(Lead by Bush & Clinton) was never FOR the US middle class….our team had CA & MX uniforms on underneath their expensive suits.

35. USA loves Melania says:

My old truck made grinding noises whenever I shifted gears. Had to have the entire tranny rebuilt. Seriously folks, trans issues are no laughing matter; see your mechanic right away.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m not sure you are allowed to say tranny any more. I think it may be on the verboten list. Not sure, I can’t keep up any more.
      But watch out. Unlawful use of the word tranny may lead to heavy fines, imprisonment, confiscation of all property including your old truck, and your photo will be erased from you HS yearbook and your name from all official documents.
      It will be as if you never existed.

• Texian says:

It was because your tranny was out of sync with the normal smooth running planetary gears. It adamantly refuses to mesh properly which then creates a hot overheating climate that gave you the shaft by utterly destroying everything around it. It is a common occurrence in canadian made trannys that found their way into American made trucks because of Nafta..

• tonyE says:

That’s because the Chinese made planetary gears think they are the center of the world and screw up the Canadian made synchros.

• G. Combs says:

I am waiting for my favorite truck to have her tranny rebuilt. Hope to have her back at the end of next week and then I will send in the Dually for a once over. (My Tranny guy is getting on in years and I want my trucks in good shape.)

36. appadoo9 says:

Our side, in the past. “I’ll give you Three lollipops, and you can give me 1”

37. Demand all Canadian, Mexican and dumped products be accompanied by certification that indigenous transgendered workers either manufactured or gave a big juicy kiss to each product crossing our border.

38. Niagara Frontier says:

How many of the Canadian position papers will actually be prepared by China? I feel sorry for my Canadian friends and all the Canadian Treepers, really. Just think….if we hadn’t elected President Trump last year, it would be us on the operating table getting ready to be sliced open.

39. louche9 says:

Apropos nothing, look at the light skin of the Mexican negotiators. What a crater of hypocrisy is the Third World.

• Publius Covfefe says:

The ruling class of Mexico is of European descent and the peons are of Indian descent. A virtual caste system exists in Mexico. It is hypocrisy of the highest order for the cultural Marxists.

40. The Mexican negotiating team’s initial gambit: http://youtu.be/nsdZKCh6RsU

41. alliwantissometruth says:

“Tough, rude opening statement on #NAFTA today by Lighthizer, a breach of traditional protocol for host country, some on the Mexican side say”
    No, a tough & rude statement is ” go f*** yourselves”, which Trump will ultimately tell you to do. How’s that for a breach of traditional protocol?
    They’re “traditional protocol”, like the rest of the countries, is too screw the USA
    It’s time for everyone to face the facts, the old days are over. The globalist shills aren’t running things anymore. America is the big dog on the block, & it has a leader who cares & will do what’s right for her & her people
    Comprehend that, get some honorable, real negotiators in place & try to work out something that you can live with
    You chihuahua’s want to fight a big Rottweiler? OK, go ahead, just realize you’re going to need a lot of stitches

• fleporeblog says:

If you are around for those stitches ?

• tonyE says:

Hey, hey…. he didn’t call them pendejos or bueys…. That would be an insult.
      “Eh pendejos, you think we are gringo bueys? No mas!.. Chinga tu madre!.”
      At which point they tell them to bring over a bucket of iced Negra Modelos and a platter of carnitas… or else! Rapido! or you get no tip.

42. Sedanka says:

Canada needs to be broken – I’m beyond tired of their holier than thou nonsense, considering they’d be part of Russia within about ten minutes after the USA stopped protecting them.

• yucki says:

Every injury to Canada injures us; it’ll just take a while till we feel it.
      Yes, I’m glad to see the illegal aliens hightailing it north. Let Trudeau and his Muslim Brotherhood cronies absorb the damage instead of us.
      And, yes, FAIR trade is neighborly. Should go without saying, but dishonorable cliques are everywhere.
      I pray for Canadians.
      Good pioneer folk, our cousins. They deserve better, but they’ll have to fight for it. When they do, they can count on this YankeeKafir, and lots more.

43. Waco Bob says:

Mexico is a failed narco state and Canada is fantasyland for pajama boys. What can either of these two fantasy lands offer to the USA? NAFTA was and is a bad joke. End it now and enact tarriffs against both of these perfumed princling states.

44. fleporeblog says:

Folks I absolutely loved Lighthizer’s remarks! We are not playing around. The Mexicans nearly died at their table hearing our killer representative talk about the destruction that has been done on our workers because of NAFTA. China ?? is truly going to get screwed. It is amazing the leverage we have and more importantly will use if need be. Our President won’t blink an eye in setting in motion our exit out of NAFTA. The power he completely has is incredible and no one can do anything about it.
    While that six month clock ticks towards the end of NAFTA, their will be bilateral deals in place with Canada ?? and Mexico ??. The only way our President and his killers agree to an updated NAFTA is if all the conditions Rep Lighthizer mentioned are included in the final outcome.
    There is absolutely ? that the Uniparty, CoC, Big Club, Globalist, MSM and China ?? can do to stop the execution that is about to take place!

45. Founding Fathers Fan says:

I’m willing to trade all LGBTQ’s to Canada for lumber.

46. So, can we, when this falls through perhaps, sing South Park’s Blame Canada song like a Kumbaya moment? Btw, I ah…re-listened to the song and thought better of posting the link since there is an abundance of curse words, lol. However, it IS funny if you don’t mind it.

47. Lanna says:

“Strong ties between Canadians and Mexicans” — maybe she puts salsa on her poutine.

48. bonnibrai says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaVBNHf–c More on Freeland here..Gawd she’s so irritating!

49. Michelle says:

Exactly what extra special economic thing do LGBT and trans people add to something like a trade deal? Why do they get extra special attention? Do they work harder than everybody else? Are they more inventive than everybody else? What makes them better and more important than everybody else?

• 4sure says:

Well, w/transgender you do get two fer the price of one. Think of it. You have a job only a female might be good at doing, you ask the trans. to put his female self in gear and do the job. Need a male, put the male self in gear. BINGO! A twofer.

• Sylvia Avery says:

To be serious for a moment, which is difficult with this topic, the liberals have been larding up government contracts for decades with whatever the hobby horse of the day may be.
      Sustainability language was huge about 15 years ago and infected everything. For example, if a government entity contracted with a janitorial service the janitors had to use sustainable janitorial products, and employees had to be paid a certain wage, and they must not discriminate against anyone and on and on and on.
      I mean, you couldn’t argue that using “sustainable products” (whatever THAT actually meant as it wasn’t defined) made the janitors work faster, cheaper, better–but it satisfied the liberal need for imposing their beliefs on others.
      This is just more of the same on a different and larger canvas, I think.

50. theresanne says:

Having my Chinese made/sold in America replacement balljoints on my 2006 Chevy truck snap while driving up the side of a mountain on a rocky dirt road makes me hope someday auto parts will be made in America again.

• Texian says:

Yeah, don’t buy that crap if you are going to keep your truck. For ball joints, go with Moog brand (they have various manufacturing locations, the Eastern European location is what I use). The manufacture location are on the boxes.
      For hubs, go with Timken brand if you can find them, otherwise Moog.. It all costs more, but if you want decent quality instead of crap it’s what you have to do until domestic manufacturing ramps up..

• woodstuff says:

Today I need some rods and pistons for an engine restoration. Cheap performance rods are $200-300. USA rods, hundreds more. Same goes with crankshafts. I am having to have a machine shop recondition what I have now to keep from buying Foreign crap. Otherwise, I am sometimes forced to buy crap because it is no longer USA made.

51. HMelville says:

Freeland’s prefacing demand to “focus on LGBTQ, and specifically transgender rights in the trade deal, in addition to cultural sensitivity aspects, and climate change” and aboriginal or “1st Nation” rights is routine. The Liberals always let their people know how each citizen stands on their priority list. During the recent Canada Day celebrations, the same PC priority list was even longer and the only group that did not make the Liberal’s favored list at all were the millions of English speaking Caucasian Canadians that established British Common Law and built the economy. They are the evil ones.

• Paul Revere says:

Talk about the tail wagging the dog….this lgbtq thing is one hair on the tail wagging the dog. Problem they do not recognize it is a laughable bargaining chip that will hold no sway what so ever. This is so much to do about nothing!
      These folks are going to get a rather rude wake up call. Mr Wonderful in canada has got to be crapping big time as the canadian delegation heads down the chute towards the slaughter. But we will do it gently…

• MaryLS says:

Mr. Wonderful does not have a clue. If he is lucky they will tell him what is in the deal before the final signing. The socks picture is a very good signal about what that guy is all about.

• Telly says:

The lgbtqxyz are proxy warriors for the elites who want to destroy Western Culture. They are successfully carrying on their campaign in Canada.

• scott467 says:

“Mr Wonderful in canada has got to be crapping big time as the canadian delegation heads down the chute towards the slaughter. But we will do it gently…”
        _________
        I vote for “not gently”.
        Load that chute up with spikes, broken glass and razor blades.

• 6x47 says:

• scott467 says:

“The Canucks and Mexicans will have a hard time assembling LBGTQ automobiles and electronics if they insist on making connections using male-male and female-female receptacles.”
          ___________________
          That could make for the most hilarious demonstration of the abject idiocy to promoting sexual deviancy, lol!
          Imagine Trade Representative Lighthizer standing before a Congressional committee with some extension cords, and Secretary Mnuchin and Secretary Ross stand by with some wall outlets attached to a wooden board for the demonstration.
          They could demonstrate to the whole Congress why male-male connections and female-female connections simply don’t work, and then invite wise men and women of Congress to “come on down, and give it a try!”.
          LOL!

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Oh, golly, I wish I had said that, 6×47.

• Charles Martel "The Deplorable" says:

Canadastan doesn’t care about the result of their foam flecked ravings. They’ve either already accepted their slaughter as virtuos and are just preening like a noble walking up the steps of the guiottine during the French Revolution (how apropos I know…). Or they’re truly as delusional as they appear…either way I’ve got plenty of popcorn ?…;-)

52. TPR says:

How can you take Canada seriously when they’re using this as a platform to virtue signal? It shows they aren’t serious about negotiating.

• scott467 says:

“It shows they aren’t serious about negotiating.”
      _________________
      Or it reveals an obvious truth about their political-class, no different than ours.
      They aren’t serious people, about anything.
      They are just cocktail party socialites.

53. Flair1239 says:

What a ridiculous woman.

54. Southpaw says:

I think Minister Freeland is signaling Canada’s desire to corner the market on reassignment surgery at Canadian taxpayer expense. I hope our trade reps aren’t fooled by her and we lose that valuable business that causes a testerone imbalance in USA.

55. Linda says:

You’re right, Sundance! And I’m not Job.

56. Paco Loco says:

http://fortune.com/2016/09/09/chinese-aluminum-giant-is-tied-to-a-2-billion-mystery-mexican-stockpile/ The Chinese are the worlds “back door man”.
    The wolverines are going to chew the head off the rooster, cut the head off the snake and kick the Canucks butt. NAFTA will be a dead duck in a couple of months and the US will go to bi-lateral agreements negotiated from a position of strength. It’s going to be fun to watch Wilber at work.

57. scott467 says:

“It is also entirely possible they could also end sooner, much sooner.”
    “I have a spidey sense these first round negotiations might not even make it to Sunday.”
    _____________
    Agreed.
    Between the Canadian socialite’s preoccupation with deviant sex acts and the perpetual outrage of the Mexican drama queens, why waste any more time on this Jerry Springer show?

58. G. Combs says:

At this point, If it was I doing the negotiating, I would walk out the door and tell them I would be back when they can find some adults to do the negotiating.

• Johnny Bravo says:

Sound was all we needed GC?
      Stroking sound, even more stroking sounds coming from the Canadian delegation. She was basking in her multi-lingual verbal gymnastics (shouting, “I love me who do you love”?) and her two minders (one, a female lumberjack the other a cross dressing female Mountie) were doing all the stroking.
      Splutter, fart, splutter, splutter and even more farting coming from the Mexican delegation as the truth dawns on them that they are the gooseberries in the event.

59. Bob Thoms says:

Wow. Very encouraging. Wish a camera was on the canada, Mexico delegation.

60. woodstuff says:

On watching this the second time, I noticed the hand positioning of the two Mexicans on either side of the Mexican speaker. Since I don’t know body language like Bombard and others, I can’t tell whether the interlacing of hands expresses a feeling of power or what. Help, anyone?

61. Vince says:

We can counter offer our own virtue signalling. Offer than Canada and Mexico adopt our concepts of the freedom of the press, religion, and the right to bear arms.

62. n1ghtcr4wler says:

The fact that Canada and Mexico have sent totally unqualified dimwits to negotiate NAFTA shows that they want to get their butts kicked.

63. woodstuff says:

NAFTA, a big part of Bill Clinton legacy..buh bye!

64. SafeSpace says:

Umm, Ms Freeland, please tell me how LGBTQWERTY rights have ANYthing to do with international trade. Does their presence or absence strengthen your country’s overall economic position? Do those rights make Canada’s citizens more secure, more wealthy? Do those rights generate tax revenue for the Canadian government? Do those rights prevent genital mutilation and murder of homosexuals by the Islamic nations with which Canada will undoubtedly continue to trade? Or are you simply another progressive touchy-feelie female politician, determined to feed the vanity of the various self-described victim groups who make up your coalition?

65. rsmith1776 says:

Mexico and Canada will not be able to continue to do a Job on us.
    Thank you, President Trump.

66. jeans2nd says:

About those guys leaving President Trump’s Councils –
    “Ten major cybersecurity companies have written to the U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lightheizer to urge that alignment of cybersecurity standards — and the use of risk management tools like the NIST Cybersecurity Framework — should become part of the re-negotiation of the North America Free Trade Agreement that started this week.”
    Well, bummer. There goes that social justice narrative…

67. proudcanadian says:

Considering she left the the Canada/EU trade talks “almost in tears” because 1 region in begium was being difficult(and the EU partners dealt with after freeeland ran away crying), I wonder how long before Freeland is going to run away and have a complete meltdown when mexico and he United states use her as their Trade punching bag?
    That’s what happens when you put people in positions they are not qualified for because a SJW was more concerned about an absurd penis-to-vagina ratio instead of credentials.

Comments are closed.