President Trump and Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri Joint Press Conference…

Moments ago President Trump and Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri met in the Oval Office. Following their discussions President Trump and PM Hariri held a joint press conference in the Rose Garden.

President Trump focused his remarks on Syria, terrorism and the refugee crisis as he delivered a statement alongside Prime Minister Saad Hariri of Lebanon:

During press questioning President Trump is also asked about his confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Again President Trump affirmed his confidence in Sessions’ ability, however he also noted frustration (“disappointment”) with Session’s reluctance to confront corruption within the DC swamp.

My hunch is that Sessions will tender his resignation within 48 hours; this will lead to a conversation with President Trump. If Trump doesn’t accept the resignation it will be because Sessions agrees to change approach and confront the corruption within DC including the corruption within the DOJ. (more on that later)

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, ISIS, Islam, Israel, Jihad, media bias, Muslim Grievance Industry - MGI, President Trump, Refugees, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

170 Responses to President Trump and Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri Joint Press Conference…

1. Forget soap operas!
    This is WAY better!

I’ve never had so much fun watching a political process in all my life. And it’s fun. Really, really, REALLY fun being on the winning team-especially as the other 2 sides haven’t figured out their loss just yet.

#FunFunFun

2. Paula says:

Sundance just tweeted that he believed Sessions will resign w/in 48 hours! I hope so!

3. BMG says:

POTUS and Sessions playing 44D[sic] chess? How?

If POTUS refuses the resignation, Sessions, egg on his face, must recant his recusal and aggressively go after HRC, et al. That, however, will result in swampers going after Sessions with a vengeance thus compromising his ability to carry out POTUS directive. No choice but to resign again. Onus on Sessions; POTUS installs new AG, recess appointment.

• Dixie says:

Wait…how do we know a compromise won’t take place? Sessions moving to another position, like maybe Rosenstein’s while President Trump nominates another AG? Maybe the plan is working up to the congress getting the heck out of Washington just in time for a recess appointment?

I’m guessing just like everybody else is……normally I would stay mum until the facts are revealed, but working myself up into a tizzy over all the comments. Patience is not one of my virtues.

• The Demon Slick says:

I’m guessing too… maybe Trump wants Sessions to resign, but he doesn’t want to ask him to resign because Mueller might try to charge him with obstruction of justice. Mueller would do it fast, after a Sessions resignation but before a replacement, in order to keep from being fired himself, and to make it harder for Trump to get rid of him.

• H.R. says:

The Demon Slick: “[…] Mueller might try to charge him with obstruction of justice.”

Obstruction of Justice?!? Sessions recused himself from any investigation. If President Trump fires AG Sessions, how is that obstruction by either one of them?

The only way cries of “Obstruction!” will be raised is if The President fires Mueller.

• highdezertgator says:

BMG – Is that a triple dog dare?
      Triple-Dog-Dare You! (A Christmas Story)
      Sessions (Flick): Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That’s dumb!
      PTrump (Schwartz): That’s ’cause you know it’ll stick!
      Sessions (Flick): You’re full of it!
      PTrump (Schwartz): Oh yeah?
      Sessions (Flick): Yeah!
      PTrump (Schwartz: Well I double DOG dare you!
      Narrator (Ralphie as an adult): NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a “triple dare you”? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
      PTrump (Schwartz): I TRIPLE-dog-dare you!
      Narrator (Ralphie as an adult): PTrump (Schwartz) created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

PTrump “We’re gonna say Merry Christmas again!

4. kriseton says:

I think you are entirely wrong. Trump is not the type to tweet out personal disappointments with long-time allies. He’s known Sessions since 2005. This, to me, is a game. Did you notice not only did Sen. Machin get on Sessions side, so did Schumer today on the floor of the Senate? Trump is setting up the democrats big time. He’s not firing Sessions. Sessions is not recusing. He is most likely working on something big…either leaker-gate, charges for some Obama admin types, Comey charges or maybe Clinton-related stuff.

He could have as easily told Sessions his frustrations behind the scenes. There was no need to tweet this stuff out. Also, why would he start this whole Sessions thing with an interview with the NYT…with some of the very same reporters who used LEAKS to create stories pounding Trump?

Very very far off the mark. It is the exact opposite. Sessions is about to drop the hammer on someone or a group of someones.

• kriseton says:

“Recusing” was a mis-type. I meant quitting!

• bluegirl says:

From your lips to God’s ears, I pray……………..

• kriseton says:

This is not how Trump operates. Notice those who have been ‘fired.’ Does he take to Twitter and hammer them personally before they get the boot? No, he does it quietly and then thanks them profusely for their service. Sessions backed him since the beginning. I am very positive Sessions is staying and this is all a game.

• Paula says:

He had to do it this way. Too many people in his base held Sessions w/ too high a regard.

• Blade says:

Too many people in his base held Sessions w/ too high a regard.

It is impossible to hold Sessions in too high a regard. Have you seen the swamp?

Question for you. Who do you hold in higher regard than Sessions?

• SpanglishKC says:

His Excellency the 45th President of the U.S.A.

• Blade says:

Well who else? Should Trump appoint himself AG now?

Haven’t thought past his excellency President Trump have you?

• SpanglishKC says:

Dang it! Didn’t pick up right away you were a troll. Plenty of hate Trump sites out there. You bored? Got tired of talking to haters only?

God bless you and God bless America

#STAYWOKE

• Blade says:

Dang it! Didn’t pick up right away you were a troll.

Bzzzzzzzt. Wrong again. And you conveniently ignored the question of course.

• Maquis says:

Blade’s no troll. He’s been here quite some time, longer than me I think, and I date back to the Chambers murder… Blade’s a good guy.

I gotta say, I never thought I’d see this kind of dissension here at CTH, this nice sane decent kind rather wondrous place. I think folks are forgetting that we are all guests here, and we should behave accordingly. This is Sundance’s house. This is his métier, his œuvre, his purpose, his mission, a remarkable one at that. We are so blessed to share it. He has never invited us to squabble so.

I, for one, am grateful, and will show that gratitude by honoring the nature of he whose home this really is.
                  Well, I’ll try.

So say we all.

• Ad rem says:

Sorry Maquis….the bin caught your comment. 😦

Oh…don’t let me forget to mention that I love your comment. 😀

• kriseton, I wish and pray you are right. But Maharishi Rusbhoo and Dr. Savage both gone offensive today which means to everyone’s fear and dismay, POTUS is asking for AG Sessions’s resignation. Rush and Savage are seasoned political commentators apart from our own Sundance. Either all of them along with POTUS are playing Sherlock games with us or our worst nightmare is going to come true with AG Sessions’ s resignation. One thing is for sure, we are living in one of the interesting moments of this Great Country’s political chess game.

• Paula says:

It’s not my worst nightmare! I didn’t vote to elect Jeff Sessions, I voted to elect Donald J Trump!

• Wink says:

Agreed, Paula.

• Blade says:

And you will wind up having just Donald Trump at the end of the day. Trump all by himself. That is exactly what the enemy wants. Him isolated, without patriots to point out the treasonous swamp critters attempting to ease the President along into co-operating with the ruling class elites.

It is a form of cult of personality to believe any one person can operate by himself, even a force of nature like Donald Trump. To believe he is better off without a patriot who mirrors his anti-Illegal Alien, anti-Sanctuary, anti-Globalist, Pro-American, anti-“Free” trade characteristics boggles the mind.

• kriseton says:

• Wink says:

Agreed, kriseton!

• Irons says:

“Rush & Savage got a lot wrong last year. I wouldn’t trust them to be the ones to know what’s going on.”

100% agree. Rush is entertainment, nothing more. When Trump was beating rush’s chosen canadian/Texan transplant in the primaries I learned what rush is all about with his veiled insults and mini tantrum when cruz lost.

I never listen to savage, rush I don’t trust any further than I could throw him.

• SpanglishKC says:

Neither rush nor Savage “get” what Trump is doing and why. So far of the comments I’ve read “Paula” above is closest

• Bill says:

This is not a game!! Donald is presenting a narative that should lead the swamp dwellers to become more aggressive and reckless since they smell blood (Sessions) in the water. Calls for a coup by Ex and current employees should be enough to start a string of Treason charges that can’t be explained away as a joke. Some of these well connected types are really too dangerous to have around.

If anything, Sessions needs an A/ shark to focus on just the corruption in the swamp.

• BMG says:

Cannoli, popcorn, or both?

• Rudy Bowen says:

I sense something deeper going on too. The NYT seems like the very last place DJT would air personal grievances…it just doesn’t fit. Maybe it’s a red herring, or shark bait, like throwing chum in the water to attract the sharks, then wham!

• Southern Son says:

THIS!, may be True.
      Zero Hedge has an article titled;
      “Ex CIA Chief calls for Coup”.
      It’s Brenan, along with his twin Clapper, stating that If P45 fires Mueller, all Administration Officials and Employees should Refuse to follow the Presidents orders.
      The Big Ugly is going to be Very Loud yall!
      I’m mean Shootin’ Loud!
      THIS Coup Attempt or Cold Civil War, will Not remain bloodless.
      Call me tin foil or not, but these extra Constitutional Acts are going to increase to the point of Our American Government Collapsing, if They are not Arrested soon.
      Pray for Our Country, and President Trump!

• Southern Son says:

Was for Kriseton.

• kriseton says:

I just think there is something much bigger at play. And the very first indicator was the strange interview Trump gave to the NYT and 3 reporters who had dumped on him via leak reporting. That is KEY.

• harrietht3 says:

My take is that Clapper and Brennan are already involved in the machinery of a coup, and at present with Mueller as the tip of the spear. In short: You either let us take you out the Mueller way or we get you with plan B — this most recent call to arms.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

My take is Clapper, Brennan, Mueller, and add Comey to the mix; that they are all that stupid to try it.

Obama, the Kenyan Eunuch, ain’t the Commander-In-Chief any more!

The blue collar billionaire with the Big Cojones is the Commander-In-Chief now.

He is more than ready to ‘Drain the Sewer/Swamp’ and those treasonous bastards are in the crosshairs.

• NJ Transplant says:

Mueller should have never been hired. There was no underlying crime. Rosenstein should be fired for hiring Mueller.

• Wink says:

Refusing to follow President’s orders will make it really easy to find, and fire them. Fastest way to drain the Swamp. We won’t even have to search of them. And these guys are suppose to be smart?

• SpanglishKC says:

Brennan and his ilk have a lot to hide. Sessions recusal and Rosenstein appointiment of a Special Prosecutor without boundaries was their ticket to taking his Excellency out and save their derriers. They have been Trumped. Our Prez punches back and HARD!!!

• JustinMurican says:

You are SPOT ON kriseton!

• jmclever says:

Most of this noise with Sessions has also been since Scaramucci has been brought on to lead Comms. Notice also that KellyAnne and Sara are also voicing “concern” and stuff like that. I think this is a game to bait the trolls. What the goal is, I have no clue. I feel like this is part of the “Big Ugly” because Jeff Sessions is a loyal friend to DJT and also to our Constitution. DJT values loyalty and Sessions has had DJT’s back since the beginning.

• SharkFL says:

Sessions is a good man .. and thorough

• Evelyn says:

For what little it’s worth, I believe you are probably right.

There is also a story on Infowars about how Mueller’s investigation may really be of the Clinton crime cartel, based on the nature of the people he has hired (former DNC staffers, yes, but each of them with an axe to grind against the cartel, and who are experts in the kind of crimes the Clintons are involved with, not in election tampering).

If all of this is right, and it just may be, things are unfolding according to God’s plan and the key players are not tipping their hands yet.

Glory to God in the highest. May His justice flow like a mighty river.

• maiingankwe says:

I’m with you Kristen, especially after reading the newer article on here about Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s little IT guy was just arrested trying to flee the country last night. Unfortunately, they let him out on bail and made it public he has to be home from 10pm-6am. Kinda puts a target on him if you ask me.

I have no idea why they would give him bail when he is such a flight risk. I would’ve had him locked up with special security, so he stays breathing. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to get him to flip and start singing.

The article by Sundance also stated that the computer parts that were smashed were picked up at DWS home. If so, it looks really bad on her.

There are a few good links shared by fellow Treepers that fill in a lot of areas. The nooses are tightening on more than a few politicians, that is my take and the reason why our President is distancing himself from our honorable Sessions. (I know he’s not a judge, but he’s got a lot of honor).

Things are slowly coming together, and I am predicting we will see and hear more slowly but surely. All of this is going to take awhile, and we don’t even know if there have been grand juries going on. We just have to be patient and keep our eyes on as much as possible and share what we know amongst fellow Treepers.

Thank you for not only keeping the faith, but sharing it with us and your reasoning.
      Be well and stay strong,
      Ma’iingankwe

• Maquis says:

Oooh! They got the parts?! There are people that can pull lots of data from that. They’ve had lots of practice, people are stupid… I wouldn’t doubt they have programs now that can stitch the data back together, leaving appropriate gaps to represent the corrupted areas, allowing educated guestimations of the lost information, even filling in many of those blanks using Big Data. Reconstructed using data stolen from the graveyards in the dead of night might not ensure a conviction, but Clinton’s little Frankenstein will lead investigators to the other dead bodies and the brain-dead soulless reasons they were dispatched.

Big things coming. The Game is surely afoot.

Maquis

5. DeplorablePatriotInCa says:

Thanks for the insight Sundance, I will be very interested to see if your bunch pans out. If you’re right, things are going to start going in a very different direction.

6. Abster says:

Has anyone ever considered Sessions is being threatened or blackmailed. Just throwing that out there as it’s not uncommon

• BMG says:

Quite possible. I posted in another thread that perhaps he’s got a skeleton that the swampers are exploiting to neuter him. His recusal on Muh Russia and Cankles came swiftly.

• Southern Son says:

I don’t recall Sessions recuse ing regarding HilLIARY.

• eagledriver50 says:

NO…AG Sessions had no damn skeletons…Get with the program…PDJT would NOT have him on the team if he had any clue to the Yuge Shit ball he inherited from Brown Stain…Have Sessions on the Team makes it better. This is all palace intrigue and just like the French, heads rolled…quite literally I do believe!!! Just stay calm, just know that there are patriots standing by to go to DC and back this President…Make No Mistake About It…

• Maquis says:

Three thousand miles. I roll at dawn. Well, maybe I’ll wait for the rest of the gang…

We are surely not the only Patriots contemplating that necessity. I very much wish to see ObamaCare dead before they go play. It is the convenient lie that blocks MAGA. Congress hopes to excuse themselves for this “unavoidable” failure, we will not accept that. We might need to block some halls, exits, roads, subways, train stations, ports, helicopter pads, runways…

I will never forget where I was when I heard that monstrosity was passed, my gut knotted up as I mourned our lost Country. The only day worse was 9/11. I remember both with heartache.

I will surely celebrate the demise of Zerocare. Especially if our voices haven’t been heard and we are called upon by Providence and the Courage and Sacrifices of our Founders to raise our voices in person, for I shall then be with my Brother and Sister Patriots, United in the Cause of Freedom.

Maquis

• eagledriver50 says:

As Sundance so vividly pointed out…”WE MEET AT THE LIGHT OF THE COURTHOUSE, AND WE RIDE AT DAWN”. These Aholes don’t know the meaning of the words brown stain when it is running down their legs!!!

7. cocomama says:

Hmmm…What if Sessions/Trump lead off their counteroffensive by disclosing compromise of SC justices. That is what I would do if I had proof. Everything tumbles after that.

8. NYGuy54 says:

Well now..this is very interesting

9. ZurichMike says:

Yes, the meeting with Roberts and Sessions on Saturday (if memory serves) — will the “hammer” be proof that Obama blackmailed Roberts to switch his vote on Obamacare?

OK, taking off my excessively festive tinfoil hat now.

10. Dragon says:

I think Sessions is on his way out. Trump can’t be letting Sessions do whatever he wants over there while the Deep State is going after his family with forks and knives. Sessions basically aided in the setup by recusing himself on day one.

• kriseton says:

Was pointed out on Fox Business this morning, it was well-known that Sessions would have to recuse himself from Russia before he got the job, as it is clear in the DOJ ethics rules, since Sessions was part of the campaign. Trump was not caught off guard.

• BMG says:

Does not explain his recusal on Cankles.

• Dragon says:

Are you part of the campaign it you simply stump for the candidate. As far as I know, Sessions was not a paid member of Trump’s Campaign. Also, Sessions only recused himself because he failed to disclose having a short converstion with the russian Ambassador while carrying out his Senate duties. Sounds like fox business was running with typical swamp rat reasoning.

• val66 says:

He worked on the Transition Staff I believe.

• NJ Transplant says:

I really think the Dimms were the ones colluding with the Russians. The Obama state department set up the meeting between Kislyak and Sessions. The Dimms are behind the meeting with Don Jr. The DNC would not let the FBI see the server because there is probably proof of the collusion.

What is wrong with the Republicans in the house and Senate? I’m talking about all the Russia garbage and the sanctions both houses voted on. They all know that no one in our investigative community ever analyzed the DNC computer. That analysis by Crowdstrike should have never been used as proof of anything. I used to be a state investigator. I can just imagine if I tried to turn in a report that had an analysis done by an outside company. I would have been fired – state worker or not.

• Maquis says:

From CrowdStrike to giving Russia 20% of our Uranium for tens of millions of dollars Hillary has given the Russian our National Security, while Trump didn’t even know that his son wouldn’t give a past prime Russian floozy/lawyer the time of day. Okay, 20 minutes or so, but Jared bailed at the first scent of stupid five minutes in, Jr hung on out of courtesy and for lack of ejection seats for the ridiculous Russian clown show that lied about their intent and knowledge.

Clinton is bathing in blood, the Trumps are spotless, Hillary committed High Crimes and Treason but the Trumps are the ones that surely must be hiding something, after all they deflect and deny the Media’s insinuations and lies,that is the standard of proof in the minds of Liberals: denial.

You know, come to think of it, MAGA would seem to imply that America’s institutions would also be restored, the vaunted Fourth Estate, to be functioning in a healthy honest and constructive way would seem to be a necessary and desirable state of affairs. Our Lion has overlooked nothing. I suspect, and surely pray, that there will be a “terrifying” takedown of few organizations (cough CNN cough) over THEIR Electorial corruption and Leaking CLASSIFIED Information and Collusion with the Clinton/Bush/Obama Deep State COUP.

I want to see CNN and MSNBC in Receivership. I want 25 to Life in Solitary for as many as we can put away. I want an endless avalanche of Classified Document Leak Stings and I want every Legacy Media organization forced to sign Consent Decrees and being combed through and through in search of Seditionists and Anti-American Fabulists and every manner of Corruption, to include who mnew what when and DIDN’T report it, to protect Clinton and Zero and all their Sordid Intimates.

Name them. Shame them. Convict their azzes! MAGA!!!!

FOREVER TRUMP

Maquis

• dayallaxeded says:

I thought it was because he was at rallies where the “Lock her up!” chant was going and he was supportive if not actually engaging in it–could be considered as showing bias. Of course, prosecutors should be biased against criminals–it’s their fundamental job! Criminal defense lawyers are biased in favor of their clients and against prosecuting LEOs–that’s their job. Only judges and juries are to be unbiased. Why is this hard for people to understand? Why, especially, is it hard for the chief prosecutor of the USA to understand?

• Paula says:

He did not HAVE to recuse himself. If Lynch didn’t have to recuse herself after meeting w/ Bill on the plane. Why should Sessions have for something that didn’t even involve a crime?

• Blade says:

That was a fallacious argument. There was no “thing” for her to recuse herself from, but she kind of did anyway by punting the decision of prosecuting the email case to Comey. Naturally this was an elaborate “fix” to bury the controversy, but the point remains. There is no comparison here to Sessions.

Legal people say that he did have to recuse. I am quite sure that if Holder, Lynch or Comey were part of the DingleBarry campaign they also would.

I see a lot of non-legal people acting all ‘Holiday Inn Express’ with their personal opinions but no substance. At best this Sessions recusal was a judgment call, a coin toss since there is little precedent for the AG and really anywhere else. You can believe you or President Trump know more about the arcane legalities if you want.

What this is really about is scapegoating Sessions for the Russia mess that Trump let fester since the beginning, and compounding it by not blanket firing Obama critters and by also bringing in GOPers into the White House. Who is everybody gonna scapegoat next once they have finished savaging a patriot like Sessions? When does the buck stop at the oval office?

• Sue in MT says:

Agree, Sessions is a scapegoat. This whole Russia/Sessions thing is like that Twilight Zone episode where the whole neighborhood is chasing aliens. “He’s the monster! No she’s the monster!” This whole mind game is getting tiresome. I give up, need a vacation from the President. Love the man, but he is wearing me out.

• El Torito says:

Well said, Blade. There is one aspect that has been sinking into my thinking the last few days though – I have the utmost respect for Sessions and believe you would be hard pressed to find any politician as honorable. And I believe the Sessions bashing is mindless. But I am starting to look at this from the viewpoint that taking a position like AG comes with the duty to defend the POTUS first, yourself second. The fact that Sessions declined to even notify DJT of his recusal, and the broad strokes contained in his recusal are starting to make me wonder why he left DJT to defend himself.

• Blade says:

Thing is, the Attorney General is not the President’s lawyer. There is a White House operation specifically for that. The AG is exactly the same as SecDef, SecState, SecTreasury, cabinet level statutory offices created by the earliest quorums in the 1st Congress whose members included Madison among others. If the AG was to be the President’s lawyer then it would be necessarily spelled out in Article II.

The Constitution delegated the power to Congress to create all lesser non-Constitutional offices and it is really only in the preamble: “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice …” Once they created these positions Hamilton, Jefferson, Knox and Randolph could be seated in President Washington’s cabinet.

As I said elsewhere, the Attorney General is no more the President’s lawyer than the SecDef is his bodyguard, SecTreasury is his accountant, the SecState is his travel agent. By statute he is the United States federal government’s lawyer and specifically prosecutor to the Supreme Court. This is not to say he heads an independent agency behind a firewall, but he is not the President’s protector. The handwringers will need to blame White House legal counsel failings here, or God forbid, blame the President for not getting good lawyers like Sekulow in there sooner.

The problem is we really don’t know all the facts. Going by the public comments of President-Elect Trump calling off any Hillary prosecution, and his orders to Sessions to concentrate on gangs and illegals leads to one set of thoughts. But we just don’t know what Trump and Sessions talked about between election day and the AG swearing in during February. However, we do not have any public statements by President-Elect or President Trump before this week advocating in any meaningful way for the DoJ to go after the deep state and the enemy camps of Obama and Hillary. In fact, all public information is quite to the contrary. Thus I hope this is a very elaborate ruse ( but if so, he better stop torturing his supporters like this! He is gaslighting us worse than the Enemedia ).

The handwringers are merely engaging in another feeding frenzy of whipping a scapegoat. But this time of a patriot of the highest order and that’s severly ticking me off. And none of them realize that Sessions is as good as they get and no-one who follows his exit would be on the Trump Train. Indeed they will most likely be completely at odds with the Second Amendment, Illegals, Sanctuaries, Nationalism, Fair Trade. It will be another Pompeo or Mueller type swamp thing. Wouldn’t that be awesome? Mueller as AG. Yay!

• Dragon says:

No, I have to disagree. Sessions stepping aside to allow all decisions about the scope of the special counselor be determined by a deputy AG who has only ever worked in the swamp, and a former FBI head and Comey buddy who has staffed himself with hardcore Hillary supporters is beyond the pale. He has completely left the president exposed to the Deep State. He is not worthy to sit in that position.

• Blade says:

His recusal is a point of debate. Stop making like it is a slam dunk and that legal minds don’t agree with him. There are no good similar precedental cases to cite for comparison so it is a judgment call. But on the back end, had he not recused, there is the distinct possibility of any decisions or even prosecutions of Hillary for email or Ukraine or whatever being challenged or appealed and tossed. Again, judgment call.

If Holder, Lynch or Reno had campaigned for their rotten President can you honestly say we would not asking for their recusal for matters concerning their campaigns and their oppositions?

When an issue is right on the line in the gray area most honest people err on the side of caution to prevent spoiling the fruit later, it is a logical choice. He also prevented the line of attack that Trump’s DoJ is corrupt because of his non-recusal.

Can’t wait to see who everyone is gonna pile on next if/when Sessions goes away and we are treated to another swamp creature at DoJ.

• Maquis says:

I can’t fault a thing you’ve said Blade. I too am hoping it is an elaborate ruse. A regrettably necessary one that one day we WILL BE TOLD what it was all about! If we aren’t already able to see it for ourselves.

I don’t want Sessions to go. I don’t want a Musical Cabinet, trading seats and booting people out. Don’t want a revolving door at Justice. Sessions has his hands full restoring the confidence and thirst for achievement at the DOJ. That is as critical a task as any.

Nothing can happen until the little whippersnappers are ready to leave the bluegill pond and head out to sea to catch some serious predators. Esprit de corps, it’s not just for idiot presidents to mispronounce. Without that the DOJ cannot take down the public figures that for far too long were considered untouchable, and very dangerous.

If you strike a King with a Sword, you’d best succeed, or you will perish. How long has it been since the DOJ was serious about righting massive Presidential wrongs? It’s going to take a great deal of confidence and courage to excise this Cancer. I hope that they are working on it, hard, and carefully.

• Honest Abbey says:

Nobody knows THAT to be a fact. We, nor anybody in the media are privy to the private conversations of AG Sessions and President Trump.

It is possible that Sessions suggested there may be some loopholes in the DoJ Ethics Rules that could allow him to oversee the investigation, and when that didn’t pan out, he neglected to inform the President and went ahead and recused himself – to the President’s HORROR!

We simply do not know.

11. “My hunch is that Sessions will tender his resignation within 48 hours; this will lead to a conversation with President Trump. If Trump doesn’t accept the resignation it will be because Sessions agrees to change approach and confront the corruption within DC including the corruption within the DOJ.”

I’m reminded of an old saying from the campaign trail, “We’re gonna teach them how to win!”

Sessions (who is doing a fantastic job enforcing immigration law) appears to be playing by traditional Republican gentleman rules. Perhaps Trump is using this as one of those teachable moments to introduce a new playbook? Interesting times indeed.

• booger71 says:

It would seem the AG Sessions is still acting like he is a Senator instead of a bulldog on crime, especially crimes that Clinton, Podesta, Lynch, Holder, and other Swamp Creatures have committed.

12. albrevin says:

OAN reporting Paul Ryan remaining ‘neutral’ on rift b/t PDJT and AG. They ran a live interview… basically Ryan saying PDJT can do what he feels he needs to do staffing his administration. If he doesn’t think a persons doing their job, then he has every right to make changes…. this is a paraphrase.

• whoseyore says:

Reince Priebus has probably told Ryan that the president is up to something, but this time he is not sure as he has not shared it with him, so he isn’t sure how he should respond at this point.
      Bad boy, bad boy….what ya gonna do?
      What ya gonna do when they come for you?

13. donnajeanz says:

From what I understand, Sessions did not legally have to recuse himself. I thought he should have met with POTUS before making such an important decision. He left our President out of the loop.
    I do not blame POTUS for being upset and disappointed in Sessions. I now have a lack of trust with Sessions…

• kriseton says:

Your assumption is that Sessions left Trump out of the loop based on Trump interview with NYT. I think it’s all a set up to create the appearance of division & dissatisfaction to then whack the left before they know what hit them. I trust Trump.

14. The Boss says:

Warrior, you’ve got an interesting take on this.

15. Windy Day says:

So in an effort to discuss what this thread is ACTUALLY about (on a very superficial level, but on topic nevertheless)–that PM is very distinguished looking. And that’s ALL I really know about him.

Carry on!

16. bertdilbert says:

I am going to stay out of the Sessions fray due to Trump’s ability to be unpredictable.

My big issue with Sessions is Muller close relationship with Comey and Muller did not recuse and Sessions stood by and did nothing. Just because he recused himself from the Russia investigation does not remove his responsibility to speak up when another issue arises with clear conflict.

17. Monadnock says:

Personally I’d be sorry to see Sessions go – his standing in the breach wrt to illegal immigration plus his early support of Trump leaves me forever a fan.

Trying to figure out just what PDJT is up to wrt Sessions is… Interesting. None of this is accidental – Sessions appears entirely unmoved – either he has ice water in his veins, or something’s afoot with Trump and Sessions is in on it.

Is the deep state getting punked?

Have I missed the usual leaks?

• Very curious,yes. The Dems defending Sessions now , and it took a couple of extra tweets from Trump to get that reaction . Was that the intent/desired result? Hard to say ,but really too obvious that this is simply effort to drive Sessions out , Trump doesn’t operate like that. But I guess we will see

18. Rich Gorman says:

Ever watch Game of Thrones ? ? Well Trump did not know this fact when he selected Jeff Sessions, but Sessions is from the clan known as the. UN SULLIED.

Sessions is a good, nice, christian, family loving US Patriot. Yet he lacks the relentless , dogged , take no prisoners attitude required to take on the murderous evil Clinton / Obama clan. Sessions is not among the 10 % who would die to save the USA from the traitors who now control our destiny.
    I told him this In a message to the DOJ Web today. We are ALL done, unless we ALL STEP UP and fight like our kids life depends on it.

19. 4sure says:

I’m going with Trump being as plain as he can. Bottom line is Trump wants Sessions to resign. He’s a danger to Trump and his family in that he has give over the DOJ to two rogues. Rosy and Mueller who has been given free reign to destroy Trump and his family. . All this other twisting yourselves into pretzels re. 55D chess moves and tin foil hattery behind the scenes speculation is just silly.

I’m with Trump. Sessions has to go. I hate to see a good man like Sessions get caught in this mess, but he put himself there. Trump’s presidency is far more important than Session’s ego or reputation. Trump should never have appointed a Sen./congressman to the position. It’s a shame, because Sessions helped Trump win the election.

• eagledriver50 says:

Too Much damn typing on the Sessions/PDJT crap…It is a NOTHING BURGER…Quit trying to get inside the heads of PDJT and Sessions…There is a sting op going on and it is just beginning…With one of the Anwan brothers under FEDERAL CUSTODY, the Bashed Harddrives and DWS up to her crinkly hair in this…it is just a matter of time…They need to start at the bottom and work up…good police procedures and nobody is better at it than AG Sessions…Stop trying to read the tea leaves…If you have references, the post the damn things. And if you have ANY COUNTER-INTELLIGENCE WORK then post that WITH LINKS, otherwise…

• Sue in MT says:

No, PTrump put him there.

20. Anchored says:

I’m surprised Sessions hasn’t figured out it is no longer “appropriate” (his term) for him to continue as AG

21. gary says:

I’m glad to see more of us are frustrated with Sessions, and it all begin with his recusal. I came on the board a number of months ago, and thought it was a bad move for Sessions to recuse himself. But many on this board come down on me pretty hard. Which I understand, because Sessions is a very good man but he caved immediately without checking with Trump.

Trump has been fuming over this for months, I was fuming over this for months. Every time I brought it up here I got blasted and called anti-Trump (which I’m not).

It’s like Sessions has some type of “concept of honor” that is un-flexible. He doesn’t look at the big picture.

The question Sessions should have asked himself is “DID Jeff Sessions do anything wrong dealing with his russian dealings? Yes or No.” If NO, he should have not recused himself and just go before congress and explain his “lapse in memory” because part of his job as senator means meeting with foreign countries but it wasn’t part of the campaign. Then Sessions could have just listed other senators that also meet with that ambassador and show pictures of Dems doing the same thing.

Sessions is weak and needs to go.

Sessions is nice guy but not up to the job.

We need a MAD DOG type person as AG! 🙂

• Craig W. Gordon says:

Agree with you on needing the MAD DOG type. Regarding the whole Sessions recusal, I held my judgement at first thinking it (recusal) wasn’t right but maybe their was something I didn’t know behind the scenes.

Once Trump tweeted his disappointment the other day, I knew it was time for Sessions to recuse his entire appointment as AG.

22. A2 says:

PM Hariri’s presser and big moment in the sun with the President was certainly stepped on. All I can gather is that the US will help them out dealing with the 1.5 million Syrian refugees they are protecting and that Lebanon is doing a good job fighting Hezbollah according to the President. He also called out Iran and Assad.

The rest was all Sessions/ Ocare questions. The President called the two bookends (Maine and Alaska senators) as very sad for the Republican party.

• Cliff says:

I agree. Every topic today has had nothing but comments on Sessions. Let it play itself out.
      Stick to the topic of the thread. I’d like to read about other things going on rather than diving right back into another thread on the AG saga.

23. MAGADJT says:

Sundance – Any idea why this has been carried out via tweet? There has to be a reason. Why can’t PDJT just have lunch or a phone call with Sessions and tell him what he wants Sessions to focus on?

24. Bull Durham says:

Nov. 9, 2016 war was declared by the Deep State and UniParty/NeverTrumpers.
    The Trump Transition Team, incoming administration and POTUS-elect did nothing to marshall themselves against the fight to the death that was well underway (many signs of it for months).

The choices POTUS made regarding keeping Comey and McCabe and Sally Yates and not prosecuting the Clintons were brutally naive.

Everything flows from that after the Deep State took down Flynn.

The horses were gone from barn long before Sessions was nominated.
    And part of looking for an AG should have been the matter of “recusal” since the topics were well known and the attacks in Jan-Feb-Mar were all about the campaign and Trump’s Org and family.

That’s the reality.

Made worse by WH staff that was not first rate and all loyalists.
    We knew who the loyalists were.
    Almost none were chosen for messaging, for secrecy, for fealty.

Flynn shoved out, Boris was ejected, Katrina never chosen, Corey left out, Michael Cohen marginalized, and the Senate slow-walking everything. Brad Pariscale sent outside.
    We had KAC, Jared, Bannon (under fire). We had Reince and Pence responsible for staff that was leaking massively, and legislation going nowhere. We had song and dance and nothing we wanted and nobody we trusted. Months for good people to get Senate approval. Vicious fights in the hearings.

All the while, Comey baiting POTUS into the trap of Special Counsel. And POTUS fell for it.

This I know about Jeff Sessions. He’ll get all the enemies of MAGA. He’ll get convictions and maximum sentences. He’s titanium. Recall his last testimony in June where he was fierce.
    He’s not a street fighter. But he’s made of strong values.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

Bull, I agree with you. The inventory you listed (yuge, but not exhaustive) was working ferociously against Trump and his team. With all that taken into consideration, who else other that Trump could have endured? It has not abated. It has intensified and will continue.

I will not therefore, criticize President Trump, nor AG Sessions. Sure, I’m frustrated, like Trump. He has a lot to be frustrated about. So, do WE, The People. But we can’t accomplish anything by giving and taking friendly fire and spending all our time bitching and moaning.

We’ve got much to be thank God for in both Trump and Sessions. They are both on our side.

“Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
      (Psalms 127:1)

• Sue in MT says:

TY….well said.

• El Torito says:

Bull I agree. I think Sessions made himself much less able to protect Trump with the recusal though, and I’ve been hammering everyone here for months in defense of Sessions. Seems like with this war, Sessions first instinct was to not get dirty.

• jeans2nd says:

“The horses were gone from barn long before Sessions was nominated.”
      C’mon Bull, surely not. Our POTUS tried very hard to make nice and play well with others. But when the others do not play fair, it is time to play your own game.

Sessions knew that coming in. If what you say is true, then Sessions should have told Our POTUS no, should he have not? It seems the only one Sessions is fighting now is Our POTUS. Sessions knew coming in, Family is First. Always.

25. JAS says:

Mooch (Scaramucci) walks in the room and the song plays in everyone’s head:

WHO LET THE DOG’S OUT? Who, who, who, who, who?

Hehehehe 🙂

26. I don’t think AG Sessions will resign. Just my instincts.
    Having said that, wondering if any of the sewer dwellers came in defense of General Flynn like some are showing up for AG Sessions and the boat load who showed up for Comey? Searched on duckduckgo but it did not return any senator or congressman/woman who defended General Flynn.
    I am not implying AG Sessions is tainted or I am against him but it is uncharacteristic of President Trump to go after someone who is not an apparent threat unless something is brewing that we do not know of.

27. LORD GOD thank you for President Trump! I’m soooooo enjoying this Youngstown rally. I think this should happen 2x/m and not less than once a month. I had almost forgotten how much I love this man. Maga Baby! MAGA!!

28. Just Curious says:

I still have faith in loyalty and therefore Jeff Sessions, the nominated AG. However, I have no faith in his deputy (whatever his name is) and the special prosecutor whom the deputy has appointed who has done nothing but a witch hunt. If the AG does not or refuses to fire his deputy and his crony prosecutor, then President Trump should fire them all, start with all over with peoples who are not hell bent to destroy his presidency.

29. tim glave says:

Ok guys. I’ve read enough incorrect information. I actually read the article on DC. Awan rented his house to a marine with a navy wife. In the garage they foud some cabinets along a wall. Inside were routers cables and smashed hard drives. Awan tried to force his way back into the house days later making the marine suspicious. Knowing who Awan was the marine called the Fbi. They came to the house and picked the stuff up. The marine said he is a democrat but he still takes national security seriously.

30. jeans2nd says:

The liberals are showing their ignorance on geo-politics and diplomacy. They are claiming Our POTUS’ “stoopidity” re: Hezbollah in Lebanon.
    “Trump first said he believed Lebanon was fighting Hezbollah ― actually it forms part of Hariri’s government”

Qatar, Iran, and Hezobollah are using terrorists to attack other countries. Some of the Hezbollah members were recently arrested in Lebanon.
    The Lebanese prime minister must be astounded at the utter idiocy of the American media. “Fighting” does not necessarily mean killing and physical violence. At least not in our world, anyway.

Re: Sessions – as soon as Don Jr and Jared were targeted, and especially when Sessions did nothing, it was fairly obvious what was going to happen next. Too bad, but Sessions, of all people, should have known.

Thank you for the vid. The Lebanese Prime Minister has our sympathy, and appreciation for tolerating our Media Id10ts.
    nice looking guy, that Lebanese PM. nice smile

31. Bull Durham says:

Regarding recent Hezbollah destruction of ISIS in Lebanon. As I indicated earlier, an important battle that began last week and ended how with ISIS wiped out of the area, included Hezbollah, Lebanese army and Syria forces, including AF. This is the first coordinated effort of the Lebanese army with Hezbollah. The battle was near the Lebanese town of Arsal and the Syrian town of Fleita, into a mountainous area which now Hezbollah controls.

As with all things ME, public statements like what Hariri said today and reality on the ground are often quite different. ISIS, AQ and al Nusra have met Hezbollah in Syria for 6 years. Hezbollah has destroyed tens of thousands of the terrorists. The people who value them most in Syria and Lebanon are Christians. The Shiite Hezbollah have fought and died protecting Christians and Churches and historic shrines. It’s a complex world in the Levant and ME.

Two sources:

32. jeans2nd says:

Due to the incessant mendacity of the U.S. media, few realize just how much the rest of the world are finally seeing Our POTUS’ foreign policy, and are wholeheartedly approving and, dare one say, relieved.

“The offensive launched in the Jurd d’Ersal by the Syrian Arab Army, with Hezbollah and in coordination with the Lebanese Army, is the first visible fruit of Washington’s new policy. While harshly criticising the presence of Hezbollah, Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri, at the request of Saudi Arabia, authorised his army to participate in the operation. This is the first time that the two armies – Lebanese and Syrian – and the Resistance, have officially acted together. Riyadh, without disarming in the face of the Party of God and Iran, decided that it made more sense to work with Hezbollah and finish in priority with the jihadists.”

“Finally, this war, which was intended to destroy the states of the region, is now taking the opposite direction – the unity of the forces of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.”

The writer attributes the results of this to President Donald J. Trump. One must wholeheartedly agree.