“For seven years you promised the American people you would repeal Obamacare. People are hurting and frankly inaction is not an option.”

~ President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump held a luncheon for Senate Republicans on Wednesday and delivered stern remarks toward their failure to reach agreement on repealing or overhauling Obamacare.  President Trump demanded they keep their campaign promises and find a new healthcare approach.

President Trump told the 49 senators who came to a White House luncheon today they should not leave Washington for a planned August recess until they can find common ground on healthcare and do the job Americans are paying them to do.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Obamacare, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

439 Responses to President Trump Delivers Stern Remarks During GOP Senator Luncheon Discussing Healthcare (Video)…

1. lisaginnz says:

Dear Potus, keep up the great work.
    You know everyone (most of ’em) in Washington DC is CORRUPT TO THE CORE and ONLY doing whatever their financial sugar daddies tell ’em to do – while lying to you and the American people… right mate? …. cheers

2. Dora says:

After the scolding.

• zephyrbreeze says:

He sounds like a doctor talking about colonoscopies. Horrible communicator.

• Jimmy Jack says:

What is wrong with Kentucky voters??? Great state. I don’t understand this.

• lastinillinois says:

Apparently, the distilleries need to be shut down for the 3 days leading up to an election.

• Ghostrider says:

You know, you are on to something that would work. Threaten to shut down the agriculture subsides to all the oats, corn, wheat and barley growers in the three county area surrounding the Western KY bourbon trail, and the law firms in Louisville and Lexington who represent them, and guess what we get Rand’s vote and the Turtle magically becomes an advocate for Trump.

• lastinillinois says:

• ECM says:

They can manage a Matt Bevin for governor but, at the same time, they give the rest of us Mitch the *****. Are they trolling us??

• Blue Moon says:

Don’t blame it on us in Kentucky. He has this state locked up. Our current governor, Matt Blevins, gave ole Mitch a run for his money and Mitch helped him to become the governor to get him off his back. Mitch brings home the bacon to the people of his district. The elderly people think he was sent from GOD. We have tried, believe me.

• fleporeblog says:

Blue Moon ole Mitch is dead in 20′ if this agenda fails! Our President will put a BILLION dollars behind Bevin to primary his ass! Mitch absolutely KNOWS it!

• An American says:

Blue Moon, our governor’s name is Matt Bevin. McTurtle didn’t help him do quat! Neither did the RNC. It was a grass roots win. Everyone was dumbfounded that he won except we Kentuckians. Matter of fact, the Kentucky house went Republican after some what 60 years, the Governor signed right to work and did away with prevailing wage. Kentucky is on the move. And to top it off, we have the Ark Encounter. Noah’s ark built to biblical spec. Awesome!

• joshua says:

well I bet a replica of Noah’s Ark has brought you thousands of actual jobs for Kentucky. Excuse me……no one cares who is Republican anymore if they are not helping the NATION…..Kentucky BELONGS to the USA as a part….all of this ME FIRST STATE stuff is why Congress if full of pork and no real work.

• An American says:

Should be “squat” above ☹️

• Bert Darrell says:

Gee, my bad if I thought that Mitch McConnell’s “district” included the entire state of Kentucky. That takes an awful lot of bacon.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well keep trying Blue Moon. This is one of the problems with incumbents. They have big back accounts, and have already done as much to manipulate the state party apparatus as possible.

TurtleHead is dirty to the core. They’ve learned which palms to grease.

So is McNasty (he even managed to get his people into the top spots in the AZ “R” party.)

• America First says:

My parents were from there and nearly all my extended family live there still. The way they talk the state is ole boy, Boss Hogg corrupt, and has a contingent of trashy people who would rather work less than prosper more. That’s coming from Kentuckians, so don’t shoot the messenger. I used to visit there a lot as a child and have personally noticed property has gone downhill a lot over the years in some places, but I think a lot of that can be blamed on the fact that Kentucky’s demographics match the segment of the American population that has been hit hardest by globalism.

• An American says:

America First, you really need to come back and live in Kentucky and see the real Kentucky yourself, up close and personal. I don’t know where your relations live, but what they stated goes only for a small percentage of Kentuckians just like most states. We have great people here, proud people here that love their Country. In WWI, 32 counties in the U.S. filled enlistment quotas, 8 of those were Kentucky counties. I could go on but……

• Oldschool says:

I would imagine if the mining industry is restored, it will make you even stronger. God bless you all.

• Blue Moon says:

Kentucky is a beautiful state. We have come a long long ways compared to back in the 1960’s. Automotive industry is BIG in our city. Major university in our city. I love it here, have lived here my entire life.

• RG says:

Great people are everywhere….Mitch McConnell and other RINOs are the problem nationwide. Now, go look in the mirror and admire your KY self. But, how about getting those you are fond of on that Trump train.

• John says:

Two words: voter fraud

Trump ain’t gonna let him steal it anymore.

• imprimipotest says:

Listening to McConnell is a colonoscopy…

• PDQ says:

he doesn’t care.

• Actually, that was the most animated I have ever seen him….pressure is on….

• sickconservative says:

Would rather have the one instead of listening to him.

• joanfoster says:

His face looks like the entry way for a colonoscopy.

• akearn says:

My brother says not to forget that McConnell blocked the Garland vote … just passing that along, messenger-wise. 🙂

• RG says:

He isn’t dumb…he understands what handing the Supreme Court to the liberals will do to this country. He just doesn’t want to bite the hand that is building his fortunes just yet. However, we are all in that catch 22.
          We know if we don’t vote for a Republican, we are screwed with a Democrat. However, there isn’t a Republican that can be trusted not to be a part of the swamp guard. So what is a true patriot to do? McConnell is getting rich off the COC and if he throws them under the bus, he will miss the gravy boat…..see….one lie leads to a bigger lie….etc.

• Ellie says:

He looks a bit rattled.

• Derek Hagen says:

I must admit I don’t have any understanding of Senate procedures or what he was saying. Why not just get to the bill and vote on it instead of having a vote to get to the vote? It seemed as if Mitch was implying that it’s faster and easier this way. If so, then why not have a vote to get to the vote to have the vote on the bill? Wouldn’t that be even faster?

No wonder the Senate can’t get anything done. They have to vote on getting to it. Who invented this cr@p?

• BigMamaTEA says:

It’s a jumbled process that the congress-criminals have implemented over the years, Derek Hagen. The Constitution allows each Chamber to set their own Rules. However, in the Senate, those rules can be changed at any time with a simple majority. It’s all a dog and pony show.

• Sue in MT says:

This “vote to proceed” should have happened months ago. What a bunch of slime buckets. NO WORK, NO PAY! Where do I sign the petition?

3. nova cop says:

Donald J. Trump, first string quarterback, has been watching the Junior Varsity (McConnell and Ryan) as they attempt to move the ball (Health Care) down the field. All he sees is head fakes and fumbles. He turns to the American people and says “Put me in, Coach, I’m ready to play.”
    RINOs, Never-Trumpers, Swamps Dwellers… you had your chance to renounce your allegiance to the Deep State and do what the voters sent you to Washington to do. Now the master play caller is going in. First obstructionist to feel his wrath: Mitch McConnell.

• bandfreak22 says:

I love your analogy, but there is too much money at stake for the RINOs to ever side with PT. It’s too bad, because the house dished it up nicely for them to succeed, but they just cannot part with their donor and lobbyist money.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Sorry, but I don’t believe that. Trump laid down the gauntlet today, and these Senators will feel the wrath of New York Trump like they have never seen before if they don’t get it done and they know it!

• Carolina Kat says:

I see this too. Don’t underestimate Trump. He has PACs that will finance primary opponents. The RNC establishment that has favored incumbency will have to spend more money to defend seats – these guys/gals will not sail in unopposed. And we all can see how their allergy to work is developing. They don’t want to campaign.

Water choses its own level – watch how the path of least resistance is determined. Donor dollars mean nothing if they are outmatched by Donald Dollars.

• fleporeblog says:

I agree without getting my hopes up! These bastards can never step foot in their state again. If they are ok with that, the donors win!

I will provide this list every single time I speak on this topic because these MONSTERS need to be ingrained in our heads:

Medicaid WHORES
          Lisa Murkowski – AK
          Shelly Moore Capito – WV
          Dean Heller – NV
          Rob Portman – OH
          John Hoeven – ND
          Susan Collins – ME

Righteousness
          Rand Paul – KY
          Mike Lee – UT
          Jerry Moran – KS

Just a Moron
          Bill Cassidy – LA

• the phoenix says:

Thank you for the helpful information. Sadly, one of those senators on the list is mine. There’s a message on his website basically warning that “due to the high volume of calls, there’s not a snowball’s chance in a volcano you’re going to get a hold of me to hold me accountable … yada yada yada … ” Well, I can fill out the handy dandy little online form provided and if he refuses to look at it, at least I’ve done my part. Plus, I can still try calling anyways, whether he wants me to or not.

With the simple message: “You need to support President Trump on health care.”

My goodness, it’s not rocket science.

• Cozette says:

I don’t understand why you put Rand, Moran and Lee is the righteous column when currently they say they’ll vote against moving the negotiations forward and just keeping ALL of Obamacare. Isn’t that how every Democrat is voting? Why are these guys demanding an immediate replacement full repeal when Trump won the WH promising a replacement that’s phased in and a focus on driving down costs? I’m just confused about how these guys arent seem as unyielding obstructionis who are benefiting the swamp too, no matter whattheir motives are.

• Cozette says:

• fleporeblog says:

You made my point! They are vile obstructionist because they live in la la land. What they want will never happen. The problem is they are unwilling to compromise on the latest bill that was yanked Monday night. That is a killer because they want EVERYTHING yet are not willing to take 80% of SOMETHING!

• piper567 says:

nova cop…Love your football analogies: they are spot on

• eagledriver50 says:

Guess Turtle and Lyin’ Ryan’ need to “FEEL THE BURN”…Couldn’t resists. NC…Great analogy…

4. 6x47 says:

According to The Hill, Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, did not attend because he wants to limit his trips to the White House while his committee is still investigating “Russian interference” in the election.

Sen. Burr, you worthless POS, what does having lunch with the President at the White House with your colleagues have to do with the “muh Russians” hoax?

Neither one of these “Republican” Senators from NC is worth a damn. Tillis is still pushing comprehensive immigration reform and amnesty!

I moved to NC from Texas in 2012. These NC Republicans are NOT like Texas Republicans at all. Much more concerned with “social conservatism” than conservative policies.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Texas is more libertarian than the SE is. IMO.

• indiana08 says:

Sen. Burr should have at least attended because Obamacare is more important than “muh Russia” if not to personally check behind the curtains for Comey.

• Sylvia Avery says:

NOT that I am eager to defend Senator Burr (who has annoyed me almost beyond belief with his handling of the Senate Intelligence Committee) but I read somewhere that Senator Burr stayed behind to “run the Senate.”

I gather since it is still in session someone has to hold down the fort, otherwise heaven knows what Chuckles the Head Clown could get up to in their absence.

• platypus says:

It would have been ROTF funny if DJT had come out and walked around the room looking behind the curtains and saying nothing. Then he just sits down. It would be a feeding frenzy at the followup presser to ask him what he was looking for.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Something has been happening to our stalwart Southern states, it seems to me.

I suspect they have been targeted by Soros or Soros like entities and large sums of cash applied judiciously to “influence” leadership.

How else to explain things like the North Carolina Senators, the South Carolina Senators, the purpling of Virginia and so forth?

Purely speculation. I could be wrong.

• In Az says:

You are not wrong. Soros has his withered claws in every state, and he is working hard in conservative states to get Dhimms or fake Republicans elected to all offices at all levels to turn the states into commie liberal states.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

You are not wrong. Next on the list, Texas and Georgia.

• carole says:

Also explains how a Dem governor got elected in NC

• Dale Stickell says:

I am firmly convinced that there were some shenanigans involved in our last gubernatorial election.
          I am

• joanfoster says:

The Rep. Gov. McCrory ticked a lot of voters off in heavily populated areas because of his pushing a toll road on I-77 into Charlotte. Republicans voted against him.

• CBNC says:

Gov. McRory lost by 4772 votes. Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Forrest won by 301,021 votes.
            Oh, by the way, 94000 uncounted votes in the heavily democrat city/county of Durham mysteriously arrived late on election night and were then “counted” because the workers had to manually enter the results because of faulty memory cards – wonder which direction they went. Of course nothing to see here, no investigation, all is well. They cannot fix a national election just yet but be damn sure they can state and local.

• Sandra-VA says:

Soros is responsible for all the demographic changes going on along with funding state level candidates, especially Secretaries of State.

The new project being headed by Obama & Holder is REDISTRICTING. I cannot stress how dangerous this is. They will redistrict every state to end any chance of R’s or moderate D’s from ever holding office again…

Soros and Obama are Enemies of We the People. I hope everyone is paying attention to their state politics!

• Sylvia Avery says:

I had heard about the redistricting. They are going to use that to stack the deck in favor of Dims. I just don’t know what to do about that.

Also, Soros is buying county positions, at least country prosecutors or District Attorneys. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t now getting into buying County Auditors as they are the election officers in each county thus controlling the local elections.

It is chilling.

• Dixie says:

Shareblue.

This is really weird. A couple of months ago, someone here at CTH mentioned Share Blue. I researched it and found a wealth of information regarding the methods they employ to get their left wing message across, some of it happening in North Carolina. I found the information to be somewhat scary because of the underhanded methods they used and the number of people they had working for them. It never occurred to me the information would completely disappear, but it has. What I read earlier is no longer available and in fact, it is now being touted as a news organization operated by David Brock.

Almost makes me feel like the earth moved under my feet. IMO, the root of the evil and rot we are experiencing is so deep and controlling, it can never be completely eliminated.

• Sylvia Avery says:

That is really unnerving, Dixie.

• Dixie says:

The object, of course, is to turn NC blue. They already have their foot in the door with the newly elected democrat governor, apparently because of the bathroom controversy. (Beats me how 1% of the population can run the whole shebang.)

The illegal immigrants and the refugees planted here are now becoming very visible.

A friend who drives cars for Avis told me Avis has just hired a female Arab to work behind the counter at the airport in Raleigh and she’s dressed in a burka and hijab, everything covered except her face. In my unsophisticated world view, that makes Avis an accomplice.

• Carolina Kat says:

Tarheel born and bred and welcome to NC (albeit lately said, I got here with my welcome as soon as I could). Could not agree with you more about our craptastic senators.

Tillis is open borders/cheap labor globalist – professional politician. He was selected by the establishment who used to splitter strategy to install him.

Tillis runs again in 2020. And Burr is not running for re-election.

• 4sure says:

They both suck. Real Conservatives in NC tried to warn about Tillis, but to no avail. Burr is a dimwitted individual bought and paid for by special interests. NC has not had a decent Sen. since Jesse Helms. The liberals/moderates have taken over NC. Too many liberal colleges in the state.

• sickconservative says:

Have to agree but still better than CA my old home.

5. MfM says:

So much nicer than when the Democrats wouldn’t let them go home for Christmas until they passes ObamaCare in the middle of the night.

6. mimbler says:

I have a different take on what is going on here.

PDJT gave the senate a chance to do their job, and as we knew they would, they failed to do it.

He told them in no uncertain terms to at least repeal o’care.

But, I don’t think they will. Those three women senators who should have a (D) by their name rather than an (R) will vote against it.

So what will PDJT accomplish?
    (a) put all the senators on record so he can help primary the traitors.
    (b) Over 95 percent of republicans will be on record as having tried to repeal and replace without a single democrat helping.
    (c) He has positioned himself and the vast majority of Republican congress as blameless for the next couple of years as O’care truly dies on its own.
    (d) At that point dems will be forced by constituents to actually govern and help the republicans replace O’care with a functional program.

At least I hope this is the outcome. If the repubs do repeal without a replacement, those idiots will let the two year grace period go by without a good plan to replace it; just like they have let the last 7 years go by. They’ve been paid not to replace it by the lobbyists. And then we will take the blame for repealing a perfect program like O’care (remember, the MSM has never acknowledged it is a failing, unsustainable program).

Mike

• WeThePeople2016 says:

President Trump will not let it go past the two years without a replace plan in place. Not going to happen on his watch. He’s got this – have faith.

• dayallaxeded says:

My bet is PDJT has a plan or has people who’ve already got a good outline of a plan that will do what needs to be done and can pass, if Rs get in f__kin’ line (sorry, watching too much Deadwood). The message today and in future will be, if they don’t get in line, they’ll be hoisted on their own bilious petards and will own the fallout, as <0-don't-care crashes and burns.

• I agree that per his ‘deal making’ this is a very likely scenario.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

The GOP are already being blamed along with the Dems. People are furious with the GOP. I have read many comments and have heard many calls on the radio and the GOP will be blamed if they do not repeal the Bill. Trump hinted to this when he asked Heller, you want to remain a Senator, don’t you?

• mimbler says:

IMHO, that blame is nothing like we will get for repealing it without a replacement.

But that is just my opinion, time will tell,

• Proud Texan says:

Would be in their best interest to have a replace done before 2018. Dimms will campaign on free everything if it is still undecided by that time.

• mimbler says:

Absolutely, but people like Collins and McCain have “guaranteed” seats due to name recognition so they can essentially ignore the voters.

And with no dem support it only takes a few republican defections to torpedo the bill.

Any replacement bill that isn’t a giveaway to business and insurance companies will lose by one vote in the Senate. Guaranteed.

If we repeal o’care with no replacement, all public pressure will be on us, and we will get zero dem support. That makes it easy for the repubs to arrange the vote to lose by one.

If O’care dies on its own, public anger will be focussed on both parties, and we might get some dem support.

Anyway, this is just my take on it. Time will tell, but PDJT has played it as perfectly as this rigged game allows,
            Mike

• Fox Business channel had 3 different mentions of Heller and Flake being primaried during afternoon broadcats! (also the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen mentioned a PAC intending to do this)

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Bingo! That’s what I am talking about.

• akearn says:

I believe it’s America First PAC, headed by Ed Rollins … locked arm-in-arm with PDJT on this.

• Fake Nametag says:

I’ve already sent Heller several emails warning him that there will be no place to hide if he’s responsible for this failing. The press says he’s against it because 200,000 Nevada Medicaid recipients will lose their coverage if the bill passes. What’s more accurate is that perhaps their coverage will be cut back more than they would like, like what happened to millions of the rest of us. Sorry but I don’t sympathize anymore. My insurance premiums tripled since 5 years ago, so I finally had to dump the good plan I had and go with the cheapest option. Now I am paying approximately the same premiums I paid 5 years ago, but nothing is covered, so I’m getting raped at the pharmacy and doctor’s office. God forbid someone in the family ends up in the ER.

My message to Sen. Heller is this: stop being stupid and thinking you are buying 200,000 votes by voting no. Myself, and many many others WILL NOT vote for you if you stop the health care bill. In case you are too stupid to realize it, Dean, you were seated next to President Trump during the meeting because he wanted the whole nation to watch as he set your ass on fire.

• Cozette says:

Lee and Moran will either compromise or be targetted too.

• Tegan says:

Caught that remark without knowing who the guy was sitting next to him. Big smile on his face.

• mazziflol says:

But the Dems will come in with their Single Payer scheme, that will pass and get to his desk..and he will veto. Now who gets the blame? What one will the media hype up more?

• mimbler says:

I can’t see the repubs going for single payer, and the dems can’t do it on their own.

The insurance companies bribing the congress critters don’t want single payer, although COC probably does to get employers out of providing health care,

Like the ancient Chinese curse: “may you live in interesting times”; I believe we have interesting times ahead!

• the5thranchhand says:

If the ‘single payer’ is the patient, that is the ideal situation. Of course, that is not what the politicians, or the insurance companies have in mind, now is it?? All medical expenses should be between a doctor, hospital, etc. and the patient. Then we would see medical expenses come down to earth quickly! Very simple really, and certainly doesn’t take a genius to figure it out.

• Tom says:

Geez, people we don’t need a replacement ! Before O-Dont-Care I had great insurance. Now I have no insurance as my lowest premium bronze plan under O-dont-care is $1400/month for one individual with a $6700 yearly deductible.

Just let the insurance companies do what they did before Obozo blew up the individual market.

• mimbler says:

Tom, the problem is that O’care threw a lot of responsible, insured people off of their policies onto O’care.

Many of these did or now have pre-existing conditions. I O’care goes away without a replacement for them, they are uninsurable through no fault of their own.

I’ve got great insurance, so it doesn’t affect me, but I feel the country has a responsibility to those that O’care disrupted. I’m not a very social person, yet I could easily count ten people I know who lost their insurance and were kicked onto O’care because employers were jettisoning their health care to let O’care take the cost.

7. Jimmy Jack says:

I love when Trump goes Dad on these man children & lady babies.

8. fleporeblog says:

I LOVE our President! I felt his heart today! We as Americans will NEVER EVER have another President that loves the citizens and the country like he does.

I love the fact that he had some of the “Medicaid Whores” right next to him. Heller (NV), Murkowski (AK) and Capito (WV). He gave Capito, Murkowski, Portman (OH), Hoevan (ND) and Heller an out by saying he doesn’t want to see just a straight repeal. He also put tremendous pressure on the other 2 RATS (Lee from UT and Moran from KS) that decided to blindside him Monday night by saying they would not vote for the 2nd revised bill to go to the floor.

Folks I know exactly what our LION is going to do about allowing insurance companies to be sold across state lines. He is absolutely right that it would take 60 votes. He is going to come out with a super bill that includes Elijah Cummings proposal about lowering the cost of prescription drugs. Don’t forget that our President met with Cummings back in early March. Democrats will feel the pressure of the world to support it because not only is Cummings a Democrat but he is a BLACK Rep. from Baltimore.

The letdown of the last 48 hrs has left a whole in my heart. I am not going to get excited like I have in the past. I will sleep like a baby though knowing our President left it ALL on the field!

From the article linked above:

Rep. Elijah Cummings said that President Donald Trump was “enthusiastic” about legislation that he was co-authoring to give the federal government more power to negotiate drug prices with pharmaceutical companies to keep medical costs down for Americans.

“What we have is a lot of companies, pharmaceutical companies, that are raising the prices of drugs unreasonably,” the Maryland Democrat told Wolf Blitzer on CNN. “You go to a drug store in January, it’s $100. You go back a month later, it’s $600. We see it over and over again.

• I hate to be a downer, but … not one Democrat will ever vote to repeal or replace any aspect of Obamacare.

I am reminded of those naïve folk who, in 1998, believed that Sen. Byrd (D-WV), “the Dean of the Senate”, would vote to convict President Clinton and remove him from office. Of course the Dems closed ranks and voted “Not guilty”.

• fleporeblog says:

I will respectfully tell you why you are wrong. The bill our President is talking about will have nothing to do with the bill he is asking them to consider today. The bill he is talking about would only happen after the Republicans repeal and replace it. By that time the pressure is taken off of Democrats and they will go along because of Cummings and his bill that Republicans actually won’t like.

9. trumpmaga says:

There will be a vote next week to proceede. This bill will pass and no senators will go home until President Trump has a bill on his desk to sign. The Lion has spoken and he and us deplorables will make it happen. MAGA

10. starfcker says:

I like how he is setting up the holdouts to be known as pro-obamacare Republicans. “you want to stay a senator don’t you, hahaha”

11. Killdozer says:

Vice President Pence at times looks at our President Trump with such admiration ,I know that look because Trump is my hero as well, as common as that sounds it`s true, my hero is the President , though he is still just a man , I don’t put him on a pedestal, that’s for Jesus but as a man I admire him greatly ,it started last summer at the convention when his children were talking about him, I said to myself “I wish my kids loved me like that ” so I started working again in that direction , I seen a picture of President Trump swinging a bat and Our Vice President was giving him that look ,I only bring this up not to qualify myself as a brilliant Trump supporter but only some one who recognizes that look of admiration and it is that that brings me to my point > I do go on The Drudge Report (but mostly Citizen Free Press) but when I fall into drudge I read that our Vice President is plotting against Trump and I start getting all fired up ,but then I see those photos of him looking at him like that and I simply don’t believe it . you cant fake that

• fleporeblog says:

killdozer that was beautifully said! I agree that Mike Pence is a good man that is learning and loves the fact that our President is willing to be his mentor.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Killdozer I agree with your entire post. I was already supporting Trump by the time the convention rolled around, but I can’t say I was very enthusiastic about it although I was starting to realize that my previous assumptions of him were not holding up.

When I saw President Trump’s kids in action, I thought to myself a man who can raise children such as that and earn their love and respect as adults and coworkers, well, that really says something about the character of Donald Trump.

And I agree, I see articles all the time about how Pence is a snake and plotting against the President. I just don’t buy it. Pence is sincerely a Christian, and I see that look he gives President Trump and the look on his face is surely the same expression on mine when I watch the President. I have really grown to love and admire that man.

Killdozer says ” I said to myself “I wish my kids loved me like that ” so I started working again in that direction…” Good for you. I salute you and honor you for that and I will pray for your success. I think being a good dad is one of the most difficult and important things a man can do.

• deplorablegracie says:

Thank you Killdozer, for your heartfelt post.

• NYGuy54 says:

I think it is because Pence realizes that Pres Trump is a brilliant guy and a first rate communicator of ideas in a simple way.. Something he hadn’t ever understood until he started working with him.

12. georgiafl says:

President Trump will not leave it at merely urging GOP majority to ‘do the right thing.’

He’s got a RALLY scheduled next Tuesday in Youngstown, Ohio to take his case to the people.

• fleporeblog says:

The great thing georgiafl is that Youngstown is very close to the border of PA off of I-80. The crowd will be going wild!

• Sylvia Avery says:

I wonder if Rob Portman will be there? Heh, heh, heh. I’m sure John Kasich won’t be. (Did you know his dad was a mail man?)

• Sylvia Avery says:

I just noticed Flep on one of your posts that Sherrod Brown, Senator from Ohio, is up for reelection in 2018, and that he had only received 51 percent of the vote. WOW! That should be make him vulnerable!

I confess Ohio is a bit of a mystery to me. They came out for Trump, yet ill tempered John Kasich whom I have come to loathe is a moderate Republican, Rob Portman is another moderate Republican, and Sherrod Brown is a wild eyed, slavering, lefty monster.

Has Ohio’s electorate changed recently? I’m trying to understand a state that made all of those electoral choices. Seems inconsistent.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Ohio is it’s own beast. One of the things I both love and hate
          about my former state. The only TRUE swing state that exists.
          Prior to the dems going completely commie it worked reasonably
          well for years. The politicians had to actually WORK at it in Ohio
          back in the day. As it should be.

• blognificentbee says:

Remember when there were all of those hippies that followed around the Grateful Dead to every tour stop? They were called Deadheads, I think. Well, I wish I could be a MAGAhead! Adding to my list of “Things To Do When I Win The Lottery,” attend every single Trump/POTUS/MAGA rally!!

• Fake Nametag says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to Nevada

13. georgiafl says:

Will McConnell call for vote before or after President Trump’s Ohio rally?

• nova cop says:

The rally will certainly get their attention, but the gambit that will really get them thinking is the meeting he had with Jeff Flake’s three primary challengers.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Hadn’t thought of it before, but that area will definetly be an angry
      mob regarding healthcare. The eastern Ohio border is full of counties
      that are set or have already arrived at not having any insurance providers.
      Masterful. Location, location, location.

14. nova cop says:

Let us never forget that Donald J. Trump is a WINNER!! Winning is the only option for him. At this moment, he is carefully selecting a strategy he has previously conceived, thought out and fine-tuned. It will be beautiful to watch (unless you’re a Swamp Dweller).

15. Kerry Gimbel says:

In the pic on top of the article Heller has the look of a kid who got caught shooting a spitball in class. It’s that, oh no I’m in trouble now look!

16. 6x47 says:

My suggestion: Dismantle as much of Obamacare as possible in step 1, with the original Cruz Amendment (or else pass it separately as part of step 3.)

Right now the GOP is crashing against the Maginot Line defending Obamacare. The Cruz Amendment goes around it, bypassing the defenses, and allows insurance companies to sell “pre-ACA” policies. You know – the one Obama lied about you being able to keep?

Under the ACA Americans have been forced into the Obamacare Concentration Camp; the original Cruz Amendment tears down the fence.

• fleporeblog says:

6×47 your killing me! I don’t want to get my hopes up again but your absolutely right about the Cruz amendment and it has nothing to do with the Cuban. His amendment would kill the entire concept of Obamacare and show how much of a fraud it was. I think Uniparty Republicans are petrified of that. That is why they never allowed the CBO to share his score. The public cannot see it or else this mirage all goes away. Our President also hinted in the clip there was something there for the folks with preexisting conditions.

I shared this in the past but felt it would reiterate your point and my point:

This article really does a great job articulating what Sundance from TCTH has been saying about separating those Americans that need to continue to purchase the Obamacare plan versus the others that just need the insurance of their choice that meets their need.

There are approximately 1.5 million Americans that have no choice but to purchase the Obamacare plan with all 10 essential benefits. There are nearly 300+ million Americans that don’t either because they have insurance through their employers, Medicaid, Medicare or because they are healthy and only need a catastrophic policy.

From the article linked above:

The Cruz amendment — which has been inserted into the GOP Senate health plan — is smart, because it doesn’t take anything away from anyone. If you want Obamacare — you can have it. You can have the coverage for the 10 “essential benefits,?” you can have the subsidies and the exchanges that were supposed to save $2,500 per family. It’s still there for you.

The Cruz? amendment creates what is called a “Consumer Freedom Option.” This essentially allows an “off-ramp” from Obamacare for the tens of millions of Americans who don’t want it. The “Consumer Freedom Option” allows insurers who offer Obamacare-compliant plans to offer a range of much less costly plans. In other words, it empowers people and families to pick and choose what they want in their own insurance package

What about families or individuals with lower incomes or healthy life styles that want the other extreme? They want slimmed-down coverage that protects them from major medical expenses — a bad injury like breaking a leg, or a serious disease with costly ongoing treatments. ?These families may voluntarily choose to pay for more routine medical expenses, like a checkup or a visit to the dentist’s office, out of pocket. One benefit is that since more people will pay directly for medical services, they are likely to shop around for the best price, and this competition will lower prices for everyone.

Cruz provides billions of dollars of subsidies for people who have pre-existing conditions and high medical costs. This number is much smaller than the media is saying. Cruz believes the number of people without private insurance (mostly through their employers), who don’t have adequate coverage for preexisting conditions is about 1.5 million people. Why contaminate a functioning insurance market for 300 million people, to give coverage to 1.5 million?

If his amendment stands, the left’s grand vision of a single-payer government-run health insurance dystopia will go up in smoke for good. The left wants everyone in the same insurance boat. No choice. No competition in plans. But once people are given the right to choose the health plan that is affordable to them and tailored to their individual needs, they will resist single-payer, one-size-fits-all insurance. It doesn’t take a village to buy a health plan.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

You know what irked me – Lee is supposed to be friends with Cruz and Lee backed Cruz during the election. Lee comes out on Monday night while Trump is having dinner with some Senators and says he can’t support the Bill. I heard him say in an interview that the Cruz Amendment wasn’t enough. I think Lee was jealous that Cruz’s Amendment was getting so much positive attention, IMHO.

• 6x47 says:

No, what happened is the Cruz Amendment got “queered” with a modification that required the “non-compliant” plans to be offered in the ACA mandated risk pools: In other words, it was completely neutered.

Hence my insistence on the “original” Cruz Amendment.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

If that is the case, then why didn’t Lee come out sooner and speak up about it. He waited until Monday night to pull his support when the President was meeting with Senators to discuss the Healthcare bill.

If you get a chance, watch Lee during the GOP convention. He was partnered with Cuccinelli and he was disgusting. Our local radio guy, who is a huge Trump supporter and a delegate, did his radio show every day from the convention. He let us know what went on behind the scenes and in front of the camera. He was absolutely disgusted with Lee, his wife, and Cuccinelli. I will not forget his behavior and his disdain for Trump. His wife too.

• Paco Loco says:

https://market-ticker.org It’s the market that’s broken and the collusion between the insurance companies and the health care providers to have no competition is illegal. POTUS can use the DoJ and apply the Sherman anti-trust act against the healthcare cartel. Competition will drive prices down, down, down.

• Southern_Mermaid says:

I have seen Denninger refer to enforcing the anti trust laws on the books to lower healthcare costs 80 to 90%. Can PDJT issue an executive order for health care providers to post transparent prices the same to all? If this is the case, it would solve the problem of preexisting conditions problem entirely as the cash price for a procedure would be the same regardless of insurance.

Sundance, do you think enforcing the anti trust laws are the ultimate solution in going around the Uniparty?

17. georgiafl says:

McConnell seems to have aged 10 years during that luncheon:

18. StormyeyesC says:

who were the no shows? Someone in Washington missed a free lunch? wow

19. georgiafl says:

Hmmm….

JohnP what do you think?

• sejmon says:

ABOUT THE TIME….6 YRS. TOO LATE..

• Nice!

I read a pro-Russian blog (or at least as much of it as I can stand). The Russians and their client Assad are adamant that the CIA is arming and training jihadists (including members of ISIS) under the pretense that they are “moderates”.

In CTH parlance, Assad is one of the “zookeepers” that Obama/Clinton tried to kill. The Russians stepped in and saved Assad, but the Big Cats are still out of their cages and armed.

If the US quits arming and training the Syrian “rebels” then it clears the way for a broader de-escalation and focus on destroying ISIS.

• sejmon says:

About the time….

• linda says:

Putin gave him the talk…I have no doubt that Trump’s been getting bad intelligence

• kiskiminetas says:

I know what I think about it. It’s about WINNING all brought to us by the man and most certainly a legend in our time Donald J Trump. MAGA!

• mcclainra says:

Outstanding! Should have happened after POTUS was inaugurated when he and TRex said they/we were going to leave Syria alone………. A couple of weeks later, we bombed the supposed bomb factory………Total turn about; my guess some very bad advice.

20. giddyup says:

i think the establishment has told mcconnell to lose the senate. that way nothing of trumps agenda will pass. the uniparty and their donors/lobbyists win. wonder who will be the sacrificial lambs.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

McConnell lose his position of power? I cannot see that. If this Healthcare bill does not get done, my hunch is that there will be calls for McConnell to step down. I am already seeing it on TV and hearing it on the radio. People are fed up with the GOP and with McConnell’s lack of leadership.

• nova cop says:

DJT does NOT waste his ammo on patsies or red herrings (pun intended). He will choose his target carefully, light him up like a laser designator, and release a cluster bomb.

• fleporeblog says:

The sad part for them and their donors is that they can’t lose it in 2018 even if they tried! Here is why:

We truly have a weird dichotomy happening in the 2018 Senatorial Elections. Here is some information pertaining to who is up for reelection in 2018. Please keep in mind that this dichotomy is tremendously in OUR favor.

Thirty-four of the 100 Senate seats are up for reelection.

The Republicans will be defending just 9 seats, while the Democrats will be fighting for 23 — plus another 2 held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

Democrats are expected to target the Senate seats in Nevada, Arizona, and Texas. The ONLY state we may lose is NV! We will win TX and AZ. The question for both of those states is who will be the Republican nominee. At the end of the day I believe it will be Ted Cruz in TX and Jeff DeWit. Both will win against the Democrat in November 2018.

From the article linked above:

Q: If the candidates in the 2018 Republican Primary Election for United States Senate were Jeff Flake and Jeff DeWit, for whom would you vote?

Jeff Flake: 33%
      Jeff DeWit: 42%
      Undecided: 25%

Republicans are expected to target Democratic-held seats in Indiana, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan, all of which voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 election (identified below with **). Republicans will also likely target seats in Virginia, Maine, and New Jersey.

Below are those Democrat seats we will go after as well as the Republican seats we are defending in 2018.

Democrats up for reelection in 2018:

**Florida: Bill Nelson (Won with 55% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 74

**Indiana: Joe Donnelly (Won with 50% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 61

**Michigan: Debbie Stabenow (Won with 59% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 66

**Missouri: Claire McCaskill (Won with 55% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 63

**Montana: Jon Tester (Won by 49% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 60

New Jersey: Bob Menendez (Won with 59% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 63

**North Dakota: Heidi Heitkamp (Won with 50% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 61

**Ohio: Sherrod Brown (Won with 51% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 64

**Pennsylvania: Bob Casey Jr. (Won with 54% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 56

Virginia: Tom Kaine (Won with 53% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 58

**West Virginia: Joe Manchin (Won with 61% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 69

**Wisconsin: Tammy Baldwin (Won with 51% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 54

Independents up for reelection in 2018:

Maine: Angus King (Won with 53% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 72

Republicans up for reelection in 2018:

Alabama: Luther Strange (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 63

Arizona: Jeff Flake (Won with 49% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 54

Mississippi: Roger Wicker (Won with 57% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 65

Nebraska: Deb Fischer (Won with 56% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 65

Nevada: Dean Heller (Won with 46% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 56

Tennessee: Bob Corker (Won with 65% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 64

Texas: Ted Cruz (Won with 57% of the vote in 2012) (Running in 2018) Current age: 46

Utah: Orrin Hatch (Won with 65% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 82

Wyoming: John Barrasso (Won with 76% of the vote in 2012) (Intent for 2018 unknown) Current age: 64

This gives us a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to come away from the 2018 Election with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

Our President will campaign for 2018 the way he did for his own election. He will live in the 10 to 15 states we will flip!

• nova cop says:

Nice summary of 2018 Senate elections, Flep.
        As far as the AZ race goes, Jeff DeWitt endorsed Trump long before any other politician else of any standing–in January of 2016. Here’s what Trump said about DeWitt then:

“Jeff is a terrific guy. He has been supportive of my campaign since the very beginning and it is a honor to receive the endorsement of such an intelligent, high quality individual, committed to my vision to Make America Great Again!”

• Lburg says:

You are truly a treasure.
        Thank you, Flep.

• I actually heard Eric Ericksson defending President Trump and criticizing Senators standing in the way of repealing Obamacare.

What strange magic is this?

I think what’s happening is this: As President Trump continues to un-mask “The Big Club” and “The Establishment”, more and more of the true believers (including some ‘never-Trumpers”) are experiencing the cognitive dissonance of watching their political heroes betray them and the ideas they cherish.

These insufferable self-righteous prigs are like the farm animals at the end of “Animal Farm” looking through the window at the card game and being unable to distinguish the animals from the humans. Or in the case, the CONservatives from the Progressives.

And then they see the one leading the good fight with wolverine-like courage and tenacity in Washington, DC is … that man they thought they hated so much, President Donald J. Trump.

The scales are beginning to fall from the eyes … slowly, but surely.

What a great time to be alive!

21. georgiafl says:

22. georgiafl says:

At the rate they are going, can we expect confirmation by Christmas?

23. snaggletooths says:

The only thing missing from PDJT’s scolding to the Senators today was a phrase he has used before ” go home to mommy” seriously these over paid buffoon’s surely are not representing us at all just their own special interests.Grandstanding, lying, whining, uncooperative is what most are.

24. Carolina Kat says:

Perceptions:
    *Capito and Murkowski (her especially) look like there is a horse’s head under the table. Neither skunks applauded after President Trump’s remarks. Body language was cowed on both of them. Would have loved for the camera to pan over at Murkowski when Trump talked of Alaska premiums doubling and how it was hurting the people of AK. Yeah, defend that MurCOWski.

Somebody please ‘esplain Capito from WV to me.. What up with that? Does she think the 27 point margin Trump win in WV meant her rogue act would go unnoticed? Is she trying to out Democrat Manchin? He’s definitely out-Conservativing her…

And then the seating – I noticed that Seema Verma was next to Collins who sat next to Grahamnesty and Toomey. And then Pence. Bookended. Collins looked like she walked to the WH because her broom wouldn’t start. And Graham looked as nervous as a wh*re in church – or him in church, same difference. Lee, on the other side of Pence looked like he’d gotten an F on his homework. And he did.

Putting the snark pen down. Our President spoke with our Voices today. He made us heard!!! All that was missing was the line “There’s no crying in baseball!” Get to work.

Can they hear us now? We shall surely see — because we are watching.

25. bkrg2 says:

Just sent my note of gratitude to the president via whitehouse.gov Feel free to do the same:
    Thank you Mr President for trying so hard to repeal and replace Obamacare! This is a total disaster that I tried to stop years ago. No one would listen because Obama was lying to everyone.
    I really enjoyed your message to the Republicans at lunch today. Thank you for serving them a “cold can of whoop azz”. Let’s see if they finally fulfill the will of the people and their campaign promises!

26. Mlw says:

Portman is our Medicaid whore and I just gave a 15 min rant to an aide and he listened. I will work my tail off to primary him and told the aide the same… this is a fight and I love a good fight! I don’t qualify for a subsidy so I pay the penalty, I’ve not had insurance in over 4 years. If I am sick I go to an urgent care and pay cash and honestly it works beautifully for me, so until they fix this debacle I’ll gladly pay 150.00 dollars to be seen and get a shot if needed.

• the5thranchhand says:

Many, many blessing to you Mlw. Yes, not only the government, but insurance companies need to be out of the medical care business.

27. mcclainra says:

These elected frauds in the senate, which include most of them, do not give one whit about the people who elected them. They can’t see past the thousands of dollars they get from the lobbyists. I heard either Rush or Hannity yesterday say that in an interview with Cruz, the first time he was elected, Cruz said his biggest surprise was actually going to work and finding out that the majority worked 90% of their time raising money to be re-elected, and the other 10 still doing as little as possible. This is NOT to say I am, or have ever been, a Cruz-bot, because definitely NOT true, but I think that does describe most of congress, both houses. And isn’t it too damned bad that so many of these crooks are lawyers?? No wonder our system, etc., is in shambles as they know how, and work, to shape the law(S) to benefit THEM!

I think another thing we can do is call and/or write these crooks yet again, and again, and again.

28. Troublemaker10 says:

I just have one thing to say about Trump’s message with the Senators…

Totally inspired.

29. hippielouie says:

Make America’s Got Talent Great Again lol

30. nova cop says:

Just read this at Gateway Pundit:

THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS COVERING UP JOHN McCAIN’S LIFE-THREATENING BRAIN SURGERY! Dr. Milton Wolf is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist in Kansas. The good doctor is also President Barack Obama’s second cousin, once removed. Dr. Wolf ran for the US Senate against Senator Pat Roberts in 2014 and narrowly lost to the longtime senator in the GOP primary.

• nova cop says:

I wish no will toward John McCain, but dare we hope that both Flake and McCain will be out of the Senate??

• snaggletooths says:

doubt McCain will do the right thing and resign

• kiskiminetas says:

Well his diagnosis and procedure seems to be somewhat obfuscated by the information being fed to us. Personally I think his countdown is becoming very short. I mean come on when you see him it kind of looks like the man is on life support.

• snaggletooths says:

guess he is not done feeding at the trough they can’t oust him & he won’t do the honorable thing, Steve Scalise is out and so we are already short a vote though I don’t want Steve to resign, I want McCain to though.

31. snaggletooths says:

What gets me the most is this repeal does not even happen for 2 years which is a long time, and still they can’t even come together to just make that vote, worthless the whole bunch are.

32. jbrickley says:

33. Bruce says:

Americans need to organize cold anger non violent protests. Clog up the works. Sit in the door ways. Fill the room so they [the establishment] can’t function. Until we get our Health Care repeal and a good replacement that works for us. This needs to be a national movement. Someone should set up a website. I would if I knew how to. Otherwise they ain’t listening.

• Sandra-VA says:

The Dems are already doing that… and getting arrested.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Better strategy is to protest CNN on Saturday July 22, 2017 for Fake News. Have a huge, gigantic crowd with Bikers for Trump and thousands of supporters show up in Atlanta.

Visual aids. No one will be violent because we aren’t like that. Atlanta protest last time had no problems. This is the perfect venue to let Washington DC see what they face.

It’s all organized. Ready to go: http://mainstreetpatriots.us/

34. wyntre says:

About Calamity Collins:

I had FORGOTTEWN that Clinton threw her a wedding engagement party in 2012.

Collins is an undercover Demonrat.

35. amwick says:

Interesting comment from LI,,, just wanted to share… from Fen

I have known McConnell. He has balls and he has spine. He is highly intelligent and very shrewd.
    He has been a US Senator for 30 years. A whip for 5 years. The GOP minority/majority leader for 10 years.
    You don’t accomplish all that via cowardice or incompetence.
    He’s just not on our team.

BTW he was a Senator for 32 years… mentioned later.

I have no idea who this person(Fen) is… none,, it pretty much mirrors what SD has told us. A couple comments up from that one Fen said.

Short version – the GOP Congress has a pattern and history of pretending to support something for the base, but sets up the process so that their attempt fails, while making it appear they tried everything possible to get it done.

In this particular instance, I would chat up lobbyists for the Insurance industry. I suspect that the current status quo is exactly what they hoped for, and that large sums of money are being kickbacked into campaign war chests of the GOP.

hhhhmmmmmmm, now where have I heard the exact same thing???

36. The good thing about President Trump is – he NEVER says that the sky is falling to scare gullible people.
    Couple of examples:
    Paris Accord – We will see. If things changes as per our expectations it is fine, if it doesn’t it is going to be okay.
    North Korea / China – We will see. If China helps, it is good. If they don’t it is going to be okay.
    Of course this is not verbatim but paraphrasing him.
    Contrast that to any other “politicians” in similar situation and the message will be sky is falling, e.g. every politicians reaction to U.S. withdrawal from Paris Accord – when the matter of fact will be, if asked, what is the composition of atmosphere, most will draw blank.

37. How about my plan? Everybody is happy. Dems get their obamacare, we get exemptions and the dems pay for it all. Obama already gave his preferred groups exemptions, now it’s our turn.

38. HMelville says:

Great speech. Trump left no doubt about how serious and sincere he is about keeping his promise.
    I know Sen. McCain is still recovering but where were the other missing Senators and why?

39. Troublemaker10 says:

Lewindowski doesn’t know anything specific, he is just attesting to Trump’s negotiation and pesuasian skills in situations like this. He has seen him in action before.

40. Abster says:

President Trump is truly a man of and for the people. Please continue to pray for him each day.

41. Troublemaker10 says:

Looks they are thinking of paying off the Medicaid expansion states to get the votes.
    ——

July 19, 2017 – 08:27 PM EDT
    Source: Senate leaders to offer $200 billion to win over moderates

Excerpt:

In a bold move to revive their healthcare bill, Senate Republican leaders are getting ready to propose giving $200 billion in assistance to states that expanded Medicaid, according to a person familiar with internal Senate negotiations.

42. Risin'Tide says:

Leadership!

43. Donna in Oregon says:

I watched this twice. The second time was just to enjoy how uncomfortable the Senate was. Especially the weasel to our President’s right.

Want to keep your jobs? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa