President Trump and Energy Secretary Rick Perry, together with EPA Secretary Scott Pruitt and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, are doing something with energy independence that was long discussed but never acted upon.  Forget the Paris Climate Treaty, this Trump action on energy development is in a stratosphere thought almost unimaginable.

Together the entire cabinet has studied, formulated and instituted an executive American energy policy platform to go beyond mere energy independence, and actually start using energy resources as an export commodity for economic growth.

Pause for a moment and consider just how monumental that approach actually is; and also overlay the independent national security ramifications therein.  Oddly enough, we predicted this two years ago.

[…]  Trump has proposed continued investment and exploration of “clean coal” technology using the vast coal mine resources in the Appalachian Range throughout West Virginia and into Pennsylvania. Trump has proposed energy export leverage (oil, coal, natural gas) as part of the larger Trade-deal packages.

The U.S. can negotiate a resurgence of U.S. manufacturing with lower fully developed energy costs, a competitive advantage; and simultaneously our abundant resources in energy fuels also provide trade leverage (standards and tariffs) through energy export.

With a fully utilized energy sector, the U.S. can also use the accompanying economic growth to invest in alternative resource development such as nuclear, solar and wind. The costs of alternative fuel research and development become underwritten by the expansive use of current resources. (link)

The intensely consequential outcome is a visible representation of ‘America-First’ principles applied to deliver MAGA level shifts in the future of our nation.  Massive possibilities for wealth creation at local and state levels; and simultaneous national security interests. Win – Win – Win… And yet stunningly this result is only in one sector of national security and national economics.

[Transcript] 11:41 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all for being here. Very much appreciated. We welcome you to the White House. Have you all been to the White House before? Have you been here before?

Q Yes.

THE PRESIDENT: That’s good. Well you guys have been — most people say no. I’m very impressed with that count.

I’m thrilled to be joined by Governor Paul LePage, Kim Reynolds, Pete Ricketts and Bill Walker, along with state and tribal leaders from around our great country. I’d also like to thank Secretary Perry and EPA Administrator Pruitt — both here also — for their work to help the United States achieve true energy dominance. And that’s what’s happening.

We’ve made so much progress with respect to energy just in the last four months. It’s been an incredible journey, I will tell you. We’ve learned a lot and we’ve made a lot — we’re here to talk about how we can create new prosperity for our citizens by unlocking vast treasures of energy reserves, which we have a great deal — far more than anyone understood.

Many of your lands have rich, natural resources that stand to benefit your people immensely. These untapped resources of wealth can help you build new schools, fix roads, improve your communities, and create jobs — jobs like you’ve never seen before. All you want is the freedom to use them, and that’s been the problem. It’s been very difficult, hasn’t it? It will be a lot easier now under the Trump administration.

For too long the federal government has put up restrictions and regulations that put this energy wealth out of reach. It’s just totally out of reach. It’s been really restricted, the development itself has been restricted, and vast amounts of deposits of coal and other resources have, in a way, been taken out of your hands. And we’re going to have that changed. We’re going to put it back in your hands.

These infringements on tribal sovereignty are deeply unfair to Native Americans and Native American communities who are being denied access to the energy and wealth that they have on their own lands.

Many of our states have also been denied access to the abundant energy resources on their lands that could bring greater wealth to the people and benefit to our whole nation. We’re becoming more and more energy dominant. I don’t want to be energy free, we want to be energy dominant in terms of the world.

From my first day in office, we’ve taken swift action to lift the crushing restrictions on American energy. Scott Pruitt has done an amazing job, an incredible job, in a very short period of time, and most people love him. There are a couple that don’t but that’s okay, right? (Laughter.) We’re also putting our people back to work by doing this.

Today’s conversation is a chance for these state, local, and tribal leaders to discuss how we can cooperate and support them even more in unleashing these domestic energy reserves. They’re tremendous reserves that we never appreciated, we never understood, but now we understand them very well.

I’m confident that working together we can usher in a golden age of American energy dominance, and the extraordinary financial and security benefits that it brings to us. So this means not only the Native Americans but all over the country. And we’re seeing it more and more and it’s happening more and more.

I just also want to tell you that, yesterday, we had a tremendous meeting with the Republican senators — met on healthcare. And the meeting went really well. We’re talking about a great, great form of healthcare. Obamacare is dying. It’s essentially dead. If you don’t give it the subsidy, it would die within 24 hours. It’s been a headache for everybody. It’s been a nightmare for many.

And we are looking at a healthcare that would be a fantastic tribute to our country; a healthcare that will take care of people, finally, for the right reasons, and also at the right cost. It would be a tremendous reduction in costs from what Obamacare is. Yesterday, in Alaska, a great state, they had a — it was announced a 216 percent increase.

So we have a plan that, if we get it approved — it’s very tough. Every state is different, every senator is different. But I have to tell you, the Republican senators had a really impressive meeting yesterday at the White House. We had close to 50 of them. We have 52; we need almost all of them. That’s never easy. But we had, essentially, 50 show up for the meeting, and the other two are on our side. I think we’re going to get at least very close, and I think we’re going to get it over the line. There was a great, great feeling in that room yesterday.

And what also came out is the fact that this healthcare would be so good, would be far better than Obamacare, and would be much less expensive for the people, and actually much less expensive, also, for the country. So those are a lot of good factors.

So we’ll see what happens. We’re working very hard. We’ve given ourselves a little bit more time to make it perfect. That’s what we want to do. I think this has a chance to be a great healthcare at a reasonable cost. People can save a lot of money. We get rid of the mandates, we get rid of so much — got rid of a lot of the taxes. All of the bad parts of Obamacare are gone. Essentially, it’s a repeal-and-replace. And I look forward to working with the Republican senators over a short period of time. I know Rick is very excited about the healthcare that we’re talking about.

SECRETARY PERRY: Actually, having these governors sitting around the table is a great example of it. And one of the things that — I know Kim and Paul, they’d like to be able to put healthcare into place that they helped write and their citizens help write because I know these — I don’t know Bill that well, but my bet is he’s the same. You give him the authority to take care of their citizens, they can have more people covered and do it at less cost. I am quite confident —

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re sending a lot of it back to the states where it belongs. And this will be something really special if we can get it done. Always tough. It’s probably the toughest subject from the standpoint of approval because every state is different. Every state has different needs. We have a tremendous opioid problem, and some states are more affected by that than others. But overall, I have to tell you, this will be a tremendous plan. It will really — you’re going to have a lot of very, very happy people in this country if we can get it done.

So we’re working very hard on healthcare, and I think we’re going to have a great answer. And hopefully, we’re going to have it soon. And we will keep you informed. Thank you all very much. Thank you.

Q Mr. President, can you talk about the Medicaid cuts in the healthcare bill?

THE PRESIDENT: It’s going to great. This will be great for everybody.

END – 11:49 A.M. EDT

Believe it.

Bigly.

This entry was posted in Economy, Education, energy, Environmentalism, EPA, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Transportation, Uncategorized, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

112 Responses to President Trump and Secretary Perry Host Tribal, State and Local Energy Resource Roundtable…

1. rumpole2 says:

Drill, baby drill!

A side note to anybody tempted to believe current “Environmentalists” and their predictions.

When I was a boy in the late 60’s it was predicted that all reserves of fossil fuel (energy) would be used up in 10 to 20 years… the “science was settled” on that prediction 🙂

2. Sylvia Avery says:

I am awed by this achievement, as I have been by everything the Trump Administration has done so far.

I was thrilled he won the election because I knew it would be much better than if Hillary won, but I had no idea it would be THIS GOOD under Trump. I feel like shouting it from the rooftops.

I heard on Varney & Co this morning this is the first time since 1953 that we have been in a position to export energy. Imagine that!

I also had no idea, until I started reading a bit about DAPL, that many Native Americans were desperate to get energy development going on their lands because they need the money (no surprise there) but they were being hamstrung by the government. I had believe the NA’s were all hung up on ancient ways and anti development blah blah. Nope, not so much.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Preserving tradition can go hand in hand with thoughtful development of resources. I hope to see that. Perhaps the agriculture department orvthe FDA–whichever has jurisdiction–can review the standards for commercial bison (e.g., fat content) which have played into the hands of growers like Ted Turner and handicapped Native American producers.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I totally agree–resource development does not have to mean complete upheaval of traditions and values. We all face this to one degree or another and I think all of us can support responsible development. We have just gone so crazy overboard on not allowing any development that it has made things difficult. I am very hopeful that the Trump Administration will deal well with these issues.

• The Demon Slick says:

Only wealthy countries can afford to worry about the environment. Wealth = Clean air, dirt, and water.

• piper567 says:

One thing that these never-do-anything-to-Mother Nature cretins fail to understand – these of the smartphone/Social Media tribe – is that our technology know-how is entirely capable of solving the problems these idjits use as excuses for inaction re energy development.
          Criminy, back in the 70s, Silicon Valley exhaust and effluent from silicon polishing was toxic. So, Viola!, “scrubbers” were engineered and mfg’d to neutralize the issue (pun intended) ! monitoring ensued. Alarm systems were in place to ID the offenders.
          This in the 70s!
          We are entirely capable of offsetting any environmental problems.

This is a Big Rag of mine. The ecoidiots in Oregon are screaming about the dangers of rail transport of coal along The Columbia (and I Really Don’t Want any derailments on the breathtaking Columbia). All manner of embarrassing sit-in crap, along with their predictable hypocritical messes!
          Criminy! Inspect the rails !!! Inspect the beds! Have the Army Corps do the inspection, have it done right/do the calculations. Monitor/schedule inspections, etc.
          More jobs for which demonstrators do not qualify.
          Another validation of the aggregate IQ of these unemployed dipsticks.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh, I do like your post! Well said!

We have annoying Ban Evil Coal Train protestors here, too, and it is infuriating. Plus the mess they leave behind is truly a toxic nightmare. But that is okay, apparently.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Haven’t been an energy exporter since 1953? Wow. That means “never in my lifetime” to many of us.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know! I was shocked because that is well before I was born, too.

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

I remember hearing just a while back that our problem in the near future wouldn’t be a shortage of oil, but rather places to store it. Of course, the most natural thing to do is to store what we need for reserves and then SELL THE REST, but obviously, we haven’t had anyone in the WH who WANTED that to happen. Instead, they wanted to line their own pockets and make us, the peons, pay out the wazzoo to have it shipped from the ME!!!

Without even intending to, Trump is showing how anti-American the past presidents have been (both parties). How in the WORLD are we ever going to find someone to fill his shoes when that time comes?

• Oldschool says:

NA have been kept down like every other minority but without the benefit of real advocates. I wish our churches would look no further than our motherland when they want to fulfill missionary work. We have many under served right here at home.

• coco1050 says:

We were traveling the western NA lands before Obozo was elected. The NA were all in for him and when he got in his EPA cut their new coal mines, etc. He told them what he would do but they voted for him anyway. Wonder if ANY of these new regulations will cause them to change their tunes and vote Trump in 4 years. We will see.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I agree. My mother always used to say charity begins at home. As you say, we have loads of people right here within our borders who need help, and yet our churches so often turn to missionary work outside of the country. I don’t get it.

• lady4trump says:

I feel just like you do about President Trump – I could shout it from the rooftop!

Man, he just keeps working, keeps delivering for we the people, what a blessing he is to our country! 7 1/2 more years!!

• thluckyone says:

SA, please let me join you in shouting. I’ll holler from my housetop and you see if you can hear me from yours. Yes, I voted for our Lion primarily because he was not Hillary. LOL! ROTFL! Like you, I had. no. idea. 😍 😅 😁 😆 😉

3. jmclever says:

With low corporate taxes and cheap energy, American companies can’t help but reshore and foreign companies will want to locate to America. With all those jobs, people won’t need Medicaid because everyone will have jobs.

OR

There will be so many jobs that companies will have to compete for the best workers and good medical coverage will be a part of most people’s compensation plans.

WIN! WIN! WIN!

4. I’m proud to have such a large gathering of tribal leaders here at the White House. I look forward to more government-to-government consultations with tribal leaders about the issues important to Indian Country. We love Indian Country, right?

There’s just so much meat in those paragraphs — when’s the last time the swamp monsters cared about how their initiatives impacted the people who actually live on those tribal lands?
    I certainly don’t keep count, but I have the feeling that tribal leaders are usually invited for silly photo ops, not weighty issues like energy resources … Snarking at Trump’s energy policy is now *racist* because the SJWs are attacking American Indians (not that that will stop them).

Still not tired of winning 🙂

• The Demon Slick says:

If Trump helps the tribes defeat the problems on the reservations, he will be even more of a legend. The trouble is mostly rooted in poverty and despair. The drug addiction and alcoholism are just symptoms. And good jobs will bring the young people back home.

• Under Dems, Native Americans are viewed and taught to view themselves as VICTIMS. Not under Pres. Trump! Notice how he treats them like the other international leaders he has been meeting?

Also, I’m sure he knows as do many NA leaders, that contracts for developing natural resources on NA lands will continue to be awarded to non-Indians, IOW, the more recent arrivals to these US shores. Already happens out here in the West, leaving lots of time for NAs to engage in their favorite and traditional activities: fishing, hunting, pow-wows, etc..

5. sundance says:

• duchess01 says:

Oh, and by the way – President Trump keeps his promises!

• fleporeblog says:

SD I have been saying for months that the Energy explosion that will occur under our President will eventually get us to drive down the national debt. It is complete synergy among these departments. I would also add Secretary Acosta (Labor) and Ivanka Trump with the Apprenticeship Program that will have 6.5 million Americans ready to take on the jobs that will be sprouting up throughout our country. That 6.5 million figure will actually grow to greater than 10+ million by 2020.

The signs have been right in front of us.

From the article linked above:

A spokeswoman for Interior Sec. Ryan Zinke confirmed with the Associated Press that the administration intends to submit a new rule.

“Every energy-producing area has different needs and requirements, which is why the states are far more effective at regulating hydraulic fracturing than the federal government,” he said.

President Trump has plans to open up federal lands for more energy development. As a candidate, Trump campaigned on a promise to “unleash America’s $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, plus hundreds of years in clean coal reserves.”

This was followed by:

From the article linked above:

U.S. Department of the Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke today announced the approval of a $22 million coal lease on the Greens Hollow tract in central Utah to Canyon Fuel Company, LLC, a subsidiary of Bowie Resource Partners, LLC. Coal mining in the area currently supports nearly 1,700 mining and related jobs.

Back in March

From the article linked above:

Trump is reportedly preparing to use executive orders to overturn some of Obama’s policies on air and water quality. He already issued one this week: an order to cancel the Clean Water Rule.

The rule lets the federal government define what waters are protected under environmental regulations – such as small streams and wetlands that connect to a larger ecosystem.

Yesterday

From the article linked above:

Trump administration to propose repealing rule giving EPA broad authority over water pollution

President Trump’s administration will revoke a rule that gives the Environmental Protection Agency broad authority over regulating the pollution of wetlands and tributaries that run into the nation’s largest rivers, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said Tuesday.

• essential liberties says:

Hey Flep, the potential tie-in effect to healthcare. Notice who two of the governors in attendance are: LePage (Maine) and Walker (Alaska). Maybe some pressure is incoming on Collins (Maine) and Murkowski (Alaska)?

• fleporeblog says:

great job catching that! Someone definitely got to Ron Johnson from WI. The moron is now most likely a yes when they told him that by Anthem pulling out of every county but one, folks in WI would have less coverage under Obozocare than with this new bill. You can’t fix stupid!

• woohoowee says:

Both factions arguing against the current bill are essentially arguing to keep Obamacare with its massive costs, big government hoops to jump through, and zero health care. Sounds like Johnson just got an education in what happens when you don’t listen to Trump45.

• coco1050 says:

This Waters of the US was a nightmare for farmers. It’s terrifying to tie up a farmer’s water and that is what they were trying to do.

6. AmericaFirst says:

I hope that this Administration will encourage more nuclear energy, which, in the long run, would be more productive, cheaper, cleaner, and even safer, given the newer designs for reactors.

7. duchess01 says:

President Trump has assembled a CABINET like no other – not only are these guys/gals impressive in their own right but, they know how to work together as a TEAM to get the job done – the implications of this PLAN are monumental across the board – this is what happens when you see the BIG PICTURE – the TRUMP TEAM knows what needs to be done – the impact on what groups – the jumpstart to the economy – you name it – they’ve got it covered!

Before Donald J Trump became a candidate – I wondered who would be able to undo the damage done by the previous administration – I was well aware of Mr. Trump’s capabilities – but, wondered why in the world he would ever take on this job – I hoped and prayed he would run – well aware of his track record and thoroughly impressed with his consistency and success – even in the throes of bankruptcy – he did not short his companies – I thank God every day Donald J Trump is Our President – and I pray for him, his family, VP Pence and his family, and for his entire cabinet!

• lady4trump says:

I’d been hoping he would run for some time, especially in 2012. I also pray for President Trump, VP Pence, Bibi, and everyone in authority over us. I thank God that He put it in Trump’s heart to run this time, because there is no one else who could take on these politicians and the deep state and WIN! Icing on the cake is he financed much of his campaign, millions, HIMSELF! I pray for him to receive the wisdom of God.

8. duchess01 says:

SIDENOTE: Sundance, I could feel the excitement in the words you carefully chose to describe this initiative – gave me goosebumples – it did!

9. Why is POTUS always seated between such sour-pussies? Good grief, you would think these people would SMILE!

10. georgiafl says:

Secretary Perry did an awesome job in the Press Briefing this week. He handled the obnoxious leftist agenda questions (even the one from April on health care) masterfully. It was great to watch.

11. milktrader says:

Does anyone remember the gas station lines from the 70s? That gave me so much needless anxiety as a kid.

12. justme928 says:

This is BIG. So proud of my President.

13. pyromancer76 says:

Excellent post, Sundance, and probably one of the most important for the long-term future. The statement, “economic and national security outcome with energy policy” is the backbone, blood, and muscle of any society’s success. We are greatly, greatly fortunate that the U.S. has an abundance of natural resources and with American technology we can make good economic use of each of them.

I remember back to the 1970s with Pres Carter and the idea that the U.S. was running out of oil and the world was running out of everything. At that point I believed (researched and taught) about the central importance of oil/gas resources, extraction, pipelines/shipping, refining, and all the international alliances and enmities that ensued.

That was a sad, sad time and story about the fate of American “dominance” and the rise of Islamic countries being able to buy up way too much of what used to be American power and influence. (And Americans toadying up to them and their globalist dollars — Bushes anyone?) I believe Pres Trump is bringing that era to an end.

At the same time everybody and their brother (globalists elitists, global AGW warmists, Islamists, leftists, etc) have been doing everything in their power to stop this renaissance. I beliefe o was to be the final coup de gras, but “they” installed an affirmative-action, red-diaper baby, two stupidities in one, and, thank God, failed miserably.

There is no stopping Americans and American power if it is held and practiced by Americans for the purpose of life, liberty, and pursuit “happiness” by American citizens. By implication, if Americans can govern and be governed well, so can citizens of other countries.

I’m a little concerned with the term “dominance.” I realize humans are and always have been involved in “power politics” and if you can’t protect your self, your family, and your country, you are toast. Dominance is what the Saudis had for so many years.

I tried to find other terms than dominance quickly but was not successful. “Expansive” is probably close, maybe “abundant.” I realize we must go beyond energy self-sufficiency — way too limited. We must be able to sell clean, efficient, robust energy everywhere we can make a deal. At the same time “dominance” leaves little room for working with other countries that also must have their own resources to develop and work with.

I want to add “we” in this sentence in company with “he/they” — “If President Trump, and his intensely smart cabinet, can deliver this economic and national security outcome with energy policy, just imagine what he/they can eventually do with healthcare policy if congress would just simply support the White House.”

Sundance, this blog is bringing a level of education and re-education and creativity to a very, very large audience. Thanks for being there — and here every day.

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

I don’t think you need to worry about the U.S. dominating other countries under this administration. President Trump wants them to succeed, too; plus, they have to have the resources (i.e., $$) to buy our products and energy. Therefore, they, too, will need to find and use their own resources, but their resources may not be the same as ours–so we trade! Win-Win!

• WSB says:

Hear, hear!

It is such a joy to find such thoughful, well-presented and, for once, positive news.

Additionally, the news becomes even more meaningful connecting dots to the Saudi’s new found cooperation, OPEC’s dive, and Secretary Tillerson being a two-for-one expert in oil and gas and the ME.

Wow! Thank you, Sundance!

• thluckyone says:

pyromancer76, THANK YOU for your gracious post! I believe that to our Lion, American energy “dominance” means “leadership on behalf of FREEDOM and WELL-BEING for all participants”. With President Donald J. Trump in the WhiteHouse, I think EVERYONE is gonna wanna PARTICIPATE!

14. ahem says:

It would be just great if the reservations were finally able to prosper and to diversify their economy and land and not have to be limited to those lousy casinos. Drinking and gambling are not exactly edifying. Give them back their dignity. That alone would be worth the whole thing.

15. BillRiser says:

The new Trump energy policies will make drastic changes for many Tribes. The government has keep them under control of the state for decades by paying them welfare and keeping them on welfare. Now they can take control of their lands and its resources that will take them substantially off welfare using there on resources! Fantastic!!

16. Troublemaker10 says:

It isn’t just the exporting of energy, but also exporting new technology. I read a really interesting article recently that we are on the verge of technology for zero carbon release (via carbon capture and recycle) on coal/gas burning plants.

17. Freddat says:

THIS is the real reason for the outcry against Trump’s Paris Climate Agreement decision. Improved US economy plus domestic manufacturing plus energy independence is problematic for the rest of the world.

18. MIKE says:

Becoming an energy exporter, and having an administration that will put profits/benefits back into main street Americas’ pocket, it’s like Christmas when you were a little kid. God bless this man and the gunslingers he has hired to Make America Great Again.

19. Pam says:

Exactly. These elitist tools are playing a dangerous game by not working with POTUS. They have to understand that either they get with the program or they will be out of a job. It’s that simple.

As far as the energy side of things, I think POTUS was wise to pick Rick Perry for this position. I get so sick of liberals protesting us being able to be energy independent just by being able to drill in this country. By being able to drill for own oil, we therefore have jobs created. Of course, liberals don’t understand that concept of math. 😉

20. sundance says:

21. Vince says:

President Trump knows we can’t compete with other countries based on labor costs. Labor will always be more expensive here than in a third world country. But we do have other variables in the equation that we can use to make ourselves more competitive. The price of energy is one of those variables.

Besides President Trump, one person deserves credit for her foresight on America’s energy problems, and that is Sarah Palin.

Joe Biden once quipped that we would not have oil coming out of new wells for ten years. It has now been ten years, and not only has there been oil coming out of the new wells, before the price collapsed, American producers had begun to out-produce Saudi Arabia. It was the fact of the American energy resurgence that has shocked Saudi Arabia into modernizing their economy away from oil exports, in their Vision 2030 plan. They know that because of the American energy industry, OPEC has lost its pricing power.

22. Pam says:

23. RedBallExpress says:

Well Wisconsin might not have any oil deposits but if they ship any more fracking sand to North Dakota and elsewhere the entire state of Wisconsin will disappear! There are hundreds of sand pits and some of them cover a square mile. After sitting idle for a couple of years most of the pits and processing plants are coming to life again and new ones are being planned. It has been an economic boom for many depressed areas.

• thluckyone says:

LOL! LOVE IT! Redball, I have friends in Wisconsin and so many of them are like “hey, I wish I could talk more but I’ve got another load of sand I need to deliver…” They tell me that the frack sand boom was bringing little Wisconsin towns back to life and now they’re going stronger AGAIN! ROTFL! LOVE those sand-diggin’ BADGERS! They’re like “You BETCHA!!”