Sly UniParty Healthcare Vote Manuever…

The UniParty is sly, I would say professionally and expertly so, and before readers feel the need to point out the obvious – when it comes to legislation, yes, I am professionally cynical.

The reason is simple, having trained ourselves to see when the pea is never under the shell, the legislative conversations that really matter are always behind a Potemkin Village called K-Street.

You have to know the unwritten legislative rules of the UniParty as they have been evidenced for almost 15 years to understand the ruse.

♦ First, the reason a vote, any vote, is “announced”, and just doesn’t take place, is because it provides the controlled opposition time to frame their anti-(fill_in_the-blank) talking points.  This is by design.  When a legislative vote is “announced” it is a dog-whistle call out to the institutional lobbyists that the legislation will be rail-roaded and ultimately fail.

♦ Second, notice how “announced” legislation (remember ObamaCare is a tax) has not been “scored” by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).   A vote without a score is a vote that again is intentionally set up to fail.  Meaning – the vote itself is an exercise for political consumption only.  Potemkin Village legislation, designed to give the illusion of doing something the electorate demand, while intentionally actually doing ‘the thing’ that K-street demands.

♦ Third, the legislation is sold by a system of Machiavellian-minded “leadership”, as a good thing optically for Allies.  Meaning – legislative leadership tell liaisons for vested interests, in this case both the White House and lobbyists are “interests”, to consider the vote a “win”.

Put another way, the vote itself is the “political ends”.  The vote is not the means to a legislative outcome that would customarily be considered the actual end goal.

This ObamaCare repeal and replace vote is a nothing-burger. It is 100% phoney legislation which will go no-where from here.

The UniParty is really good at this vote in-name-only which helps them retain optics with the viewing/voting electorate.  ‘Hey we voted’, yea us.

It’s all a legislative ruse.  Hundreds of millions have been poured into congress to purchase the original ObamaCare bill and all of the subsequent down-stream consequences therein.  The people who paid that money will not allow removal.  It’s really that simple.

Why does K-Street want ObamaCare to remain?  Because it was designed to fail and lead to an eventual bi-partisan (UniParty created) single-payer system.   What the Health Industry lobbyists -who sold the construct- do not want is private market healthcare.  [Substantive Aid for Comprehension Here]  Remember, lobbyists write the legislation, not congress:

Quarter One DC Lobbying: “The pharmaceutical and health products industry spent the most at $78 million, about $10 million more than it did during the same period in 2016 for a 14 percent increase.

(Graphic and Analysis Link)

Put it another way: If congress did not want ObamaCare to fail what would they be doing differently?

Everything is a well choreographed shell game designed to keep your eye on the fast moving legislative hands (shells), but there’s no pea underneath.  This is a vote for public consumption designed for political benefit.  ONLY.

Go to DC, or follow the participants very closely, and look behind the constructed Potemkin village and you’ll see there’s nothing there.   Think about the old con-artists who would seed gold flakes into mineral deposits in order to gain investors.  Same basic ruse.

Tomorrow the Democrat Party gets their turn at playing controlled opposition.  Today, tonight and tomorrow morning the previously written talking-points are distributed and the pantomime begins.   The goal of the legislative play, as in all the goals of all recent legislative plays, is to give you the impression there are two political parties.

If the bill advances, and only Trump’s bully pulpit will be the determining factor (upon McConnell) if it goes through the Senate, the bill will run through congress (from house through senate) and return to the origin looking identical to the original ObamaCare legislation it was intended to replace. Sometime mid-June.

Remember, the UniParty (paid by K-Street) in congress wants ObamaCare to remain, because the longer-term goal, by design, is for ObamaCare to strategically fail.

Unfortunately, there is no external guiding force behind the current legislation to create a different path or outcome.

BLOOMBERG – House Republicans plan to vote Thursday on their long-stalled Obamacare repeal measure, setting up a high-stakes test given the continuing doubts about whether they have enough votes to guarantee passage.

“We’re going to pass it,” House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters Wednesday evening, adding that “we have enough votes.”

The decision comes after several weeks of agonizing over how Republicans would deliver on seven years of promises to repeal Obamacare, as well as intense pressure from the White House to hold the vote. Even so, a number of GOP moderates remain opposed or undecided, adding significant suspense to the Thursday vote.

A key momentum shift came Wednesday morning, when Representative Fred Upton reversed his earlier opposition and embraced the bill after a meeting with President Donald Trump. He told reporters that he would vote for the measure once a new amendment he helped devise is added that would boost funding for people with pre-existing conditions. (link)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Election 2016, Election 2018, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, Obamacare, Paul Ryan, Professional Idiots, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

661 Responses to Sly UniParty Healthcare Vote Manuever…

1. Pam says:

2. Pam says:

3. Pam says:

4. “The Trump White House doesn’t have a really strong legislative team, and their communications group is too weak to call out this issue to the larger electorate.  The scheme is too complex, by design, to be explained to voters.”
    This is a Yuuuuuuge problem!

5. bkrg2 says:

I am guessing that many of my fellow Treepers keep getting emails from RNC using Trump branding to ultimately get you to contribute to the uniparty scum. I had enough of the bs, so wrote an email to the RNC (ecampaign@gop.com). I’m certain it will just be ignored, but I will keep replying with this until I hear something back. Feel free to copy/paste/edit if you would like.

During the 2016 Presidential Elections, I donated and volunteered to support Donald Trump and Mike Pence. My wife also volunteered.
    Throughout the campaign, my idiot state Senator, Mark Kirk refused to support Trump. There were other traitors to the Republican party and our country (John McCain, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz…). Therefore, I refused to contribute to any fundraising that shared funds with the RNC.
    Now that the elections are over, even more Republicans are not supporting President Trump’s agenda. They continue to ignore the will of the People that elected him. Therefore, I will continue to not contribute to the RNC unless a clear mandate is given to get aligned to making this country great again.
    I expect this behavior from the criminal Democrats, but not from our Republican party.
    What actions is the RNC taking to align our party to the People’s agenda?

I will also post this on the open thread today

• mamadogsite says:

I also posted this on open thread.

RNC will never get one more penny from me. I will donate directly to those who show and prove true love of country and constitution.

Both political parties are dead. Worthless. Ineffective. Impotent. They have ridiculed and disrespected all of us Americans. Therefore, our revenge will be sweet.

No campaign money. No respect. No votes. That is where this household stands and I am simply repeating what a few of my friends have also said.

We have loosened and cut the hold of media through our silent radios and TVs…we have boycotted many a company who have turned their backs on and mocked the very customers that have supported them. And our full powers are yet to be unleashed.

Pray for a Marine le Pen victory…another globalist country moving towards freedom from global oppression.

• Kaco says:

Yes, I do, I always look to see if it’s from donaldjtrump.com or gop.com. RNC also mails me surveys and last phone call from them I gave them my opinion like yours. I have called gop.com and gave them my thoughts. I appreciate your encouragement for us continuing to do so.

• not2worryluv says:

The RNC called me with the ruse of President Trump needs your support! I told the gentleman to let the RNC know until the Housr and Senate Republicans started supporting President Trump’s Agenda take me off their donor list.

I’m sure the RNC has gotten this message from many and for better or worse got today’s vote on Obamacare “repeal” over the finish line.

• Is there a political action committee that will help those who challenge the anti-Trump Republicans in the 2018 primaries. I am ready to contribute!

6. How is this bill “worse/better/different” than the first bill that failed to pass?

7. Pam says:

8. Pam says:

9. Pam says:

FYI, this guy is not in favor of the wall.

10. Pam says:

11. Marica says:

How is a unanimous vote in the house against congress exempting them from the healthcare bill not a WIN for us?

12. Pam says:

13. Pam says:

Final vote is going down NOW!

14. Pam says:

15. Liked by 2 people

16. fedback says:

216 yeas

17. Pam says:

18. booger71 says:

Well it passed…House singing Na na na na goodbye

19. Pam says:

20. Pam says:

The liberal moonbats are the ones singing.

21. booger71 says:

I am hoping to see a good ole House slap fight.

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. wyntre says:

PASSED!

217-213

25. Pam says:

26. The media claimed that not passing AHCA was a huge failure. Now we get to seem them argue that passing it was a huge failure. Popcorn time!

27. magatrump says:

Awesome big victory for President Trump. House healthcare bill passes. Now onto the senate.
    MAGA

28. magatrump says:

Obama legacy just took a massive hit. Obama worst president ever!

29. Pam says:

• magatrump says:

oh wait was there even a president before President Trump??!!

• Kaco says:

Am I stupid or what but this is ALL the Democrats doing. Why aren’t they chanting shame on Democrats for setting up a disaster of a plan that whole states are losing coverage? No shame that healthcare costs have put people in the poor house? Seeing this stuff makes me wish Pres. Trump should let it implode. Honestly, I cannot believe Pelosi had the nerve at the chamber today. The boat was sinking, this bill is a life vest.

30. wyntre says:

31. Pam says:

32. Pam says:

33. wyntre says:

34. Pam says:

35. fleporeblog says:

God is truly the great! He gave me the greatest gift in the world today. I was waiting to catch the air train to JFK to catch a flight to Jacksonville, FL to be with my wife and daughter for the weekend. There was about a hundred people waiting with me. CNN was on and turned up high for folks to watch as the bill hit 217 votes and hear Dana Bash say elections have consequences. It also had on the bottom the title that Obamacare replacement was passed.

I felt like I was at a funeral. People stood there shocked. One woman actually began to cry. Others were lamenting the election loss and what it meant to Barry’s legacy.

I didn’t say a word out of fear on how I would react to a smart-ass comment. However, I had the biggest smile in the world and they all knew why! We are WINNING folks don’t believe otherwise!!!!!!!

36. NC PATRIOT says:

Does Sundance think PDJT is AWARE of the games being played by the GOP UNIPARTY , and the political theater involved in this health care game ?

• Alison says:

Seriously? Have you followed Trump’s career for last 30 years, or his campaign or read his book?

Your q is a real insult to Trump.

WHY do people continue to underestimate his street smarts instead of patiently watching him work?

• ledygrey says:

With all due respect, your reply is rude.

I, also, have been wondering the same thing as NC PATRIOT. I do not recall Sundance saying whether or not Trump is fully aware of all that he addressed in this post. It is a valid question, IMHO.

37. wyntre says:

This bears repeating.

38. Pam says:

Now that it has passed the house, now we are hearing the chorus from the GOPe in the senate in opposition to the bill.

39. Marica says:

I have the biggest smile on my face too!!! I watched on the CSpan link and prayed and prayed for 217…Thank you GOD!

40. Bouchart says:

Now the Senate needs to take action. McConnell will get right on this, I’m sure.

41. maggiemoowho says:

Comedy hour on MSNBC right now, all the pink pussy hats standing outside crying. This is almost as fun to watch as it was on election night. Oh the pain, the pain, ha, ha, ha, ha😄😂😄😂😄!!!! Lefty tears make my day, can’t wait to see more😄😂😄😂 Laughing so hard it hurts😄!!!

• Ad rem says:

It was close, but NOTHING could surpass drinking George Stephanopoulos’ tears on election night. 2016 😀

• maggiemoowho says:

So very true. Nothing will ever surpass election night 2016. I still watch the footage on you tube, cheers me up when I’m having a bad day😄. Wish there was full election night coverage from inside the Javits Center, it would be 6-8 hours of pure joy😄😂.

42. TAS says:

Minutes before the vote..Nancy Pelosi said….You have to vote against the bill before you can know what’s in it…s/

43. bkrg2 says:

Good to see lively debate at the Treehouse regarding Healthcare. So many diverse opinions and ideas is what makes the site (and country) so great.

I will throw my opinion into the mix, but first a disclaimer… I specifically voted against Obozo & Crooked as I don’t feel the government has any business forcing health insurance on us (and the fact that they are both criminal idiots…)

I really hoped Trump could repeal Obamacare. I give him an A++ for effort and would be fine if he walks away with a uniparty “compromise”. For a replacement, I’d prefer the federal government gets out of the insurance business, but that will never happen now…

I agree with Sundance that we are on a single payer trajectory. There are trillions at stake on this topic. The corrupt congress (and supreme court) will do all they can to remove costs of healthcare off the books of lobbyist companies AND create a monstrosity of a payment/provider system that can launder our tax dollars. Plus, there are too many citizens that want “free” healthcare (yet are too stupid to realize nothing is free…)

A very sad consequence of our forthcoming socialized medicine will be the significant downturn in medical innovation. Once the government mandates pricing/payment, many incentives for high risk procedures, medicines, treatments will disappear. Maybe we will get lucky and have government focus more efforts on cancer, heart diseases, obesity – but I also see this becoming a typical pyramid scheme to funnel more cash into pockets of politicians and businesses…

• BigMamaTEA says:

Or – we will start running an” unground” healthcare economy. We will pay cash for just the regular check up, cold, ect. Request from Doctors the older, tried and true antibiotics , ect, and only us whatever’s available insurance wise for hospital emergencies.

44. roy1982blog says:

The CNN coverage of the atmosphere is so staged, with their paid protesters in the background portraying an image of the majority of Americans are against this. This is propaganda 101 brainwashing course.

45. TakeBackOurRepublic says:

Just in from Fox News:

The revised American Health Care Act passed on a 217-213 vote. It heads next to the Senate, where it faces an uncertain fate.

“A lot of us have been waiting seven years to cast this vote,” House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday.

Ryan is a lying traitorous POS. This is all smoke and mirrors. This vote has officially turned Obamacare into Trumpcare with every intention of attaching all failures to POTUS45.

• Kaco says:

It will always be Obamacare to me, this is a bandaid Pres. Trump and GOP had to put on it. It all started with Obama screwing with our healthcare.

46. jeans2nd says:

Will see your professional cynic, and raise you a genetic cynic, who is (certified) crazy.

Betsy McCaughey, yesterday, NY Post.
    “The new House bill sets up a fairer way: a $130 billion pot of federal money to pay for people with pre-existing conditions. The entire nation chips in, not just people stuck in the individual market.”

“Let’s see, the funding is adequate, and the approach works.”

The article lays out the details.
    The “optics” over which all are worrying are also covered. The Freedom Carcus is happy, and Paul Ryan actually accomplished something.

Add in HHS Sec Dr. Tom Price – who is now healthcare czar, plus that House bill that repeals regulations, and we could be in business. Do not forget the next hurdle – tax reform. OCare is still a tax. Plus, is technically trade and commerce, and we have a nice pack of wolverines in that arena.

This also gives POTUS leverage to oppose Paul Ryan’s BAT tax.

Here is a quick vid, for enjoyment. My Gal Betts takes down Fred Barnes. What joy.

47. Ralph DeVane says:

It’s clear the real republicans do not control congress: only the Dems and the Rinos.

48. G. Combs says:

Already got the e-mail asking for $$$$ in donations to the Uni-party. Just looked at it a couple minutes ago.

49. G. Combs says:

Congress Critters on the move…