Day #3 – “The Closer” Vice President Mike Pence Visits Japan…

Noting President Trump’s Asian Strategy. [High Profile, but Under-reported] •A firm open hand •leveraging new policy •structured around personal trust •building modern alliances:

♦February 10th – President Trump hosted Japanese Prime Minister Abe at the White House and at Mar-a-Lago, w/both spouses, to discuss regional issues (including N-Korea).

February 27th – President Trump and Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi meet in the White House Oval Office to discuss regional issues (including N-Korea).

March 15th – Secretary of State Rex Tillerson visits Japan, South Korea and China to follow up on February’s conversations and discuss the forward path (including N-Korea).

April 6th and 7th – President Trump hosts Chinese President Xi Jinping in Mar-a-Lago where they discussed all of the critical bilateral and regional issues (including N-Korea).

April 15th – Vice President Pence arrives in Asia for a ten day visit; positioned as the steady, stable and reliable administration policy closer (including N-Korea).

The White House (Trump) approach and results so far have been stunningly effective.

There have been more consequential Asia-Pacific/U.S. results (trade, economics and security) in the past two months than in the prior ten years. The stunningly successful and deliberate strategy continues today with Vice President Mike Pence in Japan.

You’ve just gotta watch.  Watch and listen to Pence “The Closer”, and pay attention to the first question about TPP and how Mike Pence and Taro Aso respond. [Start at 6:24 if you are short of time]

TPP now means Trump Pence Partnership

This entry was posted in China, Economy, media bias, Mike pence, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Day #3 – “The Closer” Vice President Mike Pence Visits Japan…

1. Gil says:

Hello China…. Japan wants an equal seat at the table again. And the U.S. is brokering that deal. No tpp is required, same for Nafta(please i hope they take care of this soon). Fair trade doesnt need a bunch of rules and laws written by people who only have politics in mind. Common sense, smart tactics, and innovation. Lowering our tax rate will be the icing on that cake.

2. catmom says:

What a great time to be alive!

3. JohnP says:

Sounds like Trump has already secured China’s cooperation in dealing with North Korea. Not a good day for Lit’ Kim.

• chojun says:

I agree – although it appears that China strongly prefers a bi- or tri-lateral diplomatic approach first before military escalation.

I think this signals 2 changes on China’s part:

1) No longer multi-lateral negotiations for peace between NK and 7+ nations. The beef is now between NK, USA, and China only. That *significantly* weakens NK’s position.
      2) Military action appears to be on the table now for China. That is also significant. Although I doubt China would attack North Korea, I believe they would definitely respond with force if NK violence were to spill into China, or if NK fired missiles over Chinese territory. I think China has also positioned its forces along the border to prevent a refugee crisis. I think China has also basically indicated that it would look the other way if diplomatic action failed and military action became necessary by the US.

I think China is sick and tired of NK pursuing nuclear weapons.

4. NYGuy54 says:

I do believe Pres Trump is moving the same mountains that everyone said he couldn’t during the campaign. Oh heavens, we will start a trade war with Japan….I’m scared.

5. R-C says:

VP Pence continues to represent us (and his boss) very well…despite all the nay-saying I read on other web sites.

6. H.R. says:

Finally! A Vice President who has a real role to play and not just put on the ticket to attend State funerals and assure that the current President won’t be assassinated. (Did you hear that, Uncle Joe?)

Pence has real responsibilities.

• Yes! I do not recall in history when there was a VP that was truly the deputy commander-in-chief as Pence seems to be. I was a doubter in him when he was first announced by the Trump Campaign, but I was wrong…..He is truly a leader in the vein of Trump, Tillerson, Mattis, Kelly and the others. What a powerful team we have now running this country. And Pence seems to be the boss reporting only to Trump.

Note how good he is at this…..He constantly states that he represents President Trump….Giving Trump the credit for almost everything. He is humble, he walks softly, speaks softly, but carries a BIG stick….. Pence is perfect for this kind of leadership role in the times we live in today.

7. ahideyo says:

What was that Japanese word that Pence said again?

8. “The TPP is a part of the past for the United States of America…” OMG, I just got goose pimples.lol

9. helmhood says:

A great team, President Trump and VP Pence. Great for the American people.

10. Fe says:

I love the Lions Sundance! My goodness, this article is nearly swoon worthy 😃. Brilliant timeline compilation and analysis. Brilliant I say! ❤️

11. wolfmoon1776 says:

Not to be too critical of Pence, because it was otherwise an awesome speech, but “both sides of the Atlantic” – minor cringe. 😀

• Heard that. But he said Pacific the next time. Bet it was written on his teleprompter. Fire the speech writer! Just kidding. Anybody can make a mistake. And being in Oregon, I’m far more sensitive to Pacific and Asian matters than the Eastern US, which looks across the Atlantic to Europe.

12. The Tundra PA says:

Me too, Fe. But I would say that Trump is the lion in the middle, and Tillerson is the one on the right. Both outer lions supporting the Main Guy in the middle.

13. duchess01 says:

The more I hear from Vice-President Pence – the more impressed I become – what an asset he is to President Trump – as Governor of Indiana – he approached foreign nations to develop relationships and promote trade – he seems so comfortable in this representative role – one does not get the impression he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth, either – he is genuine, likable, and honest – mutual benefit requires compromise and agreement – which he reiterated over and over – the Trump Team is all on the same page – presenting a united front to every nation with whom they discuss trade, partnership, and economic advancement – how refreshing –

Thank You, Vice-President Pence for representing the American people in such a formidable manner – God bless you abundantly for all of your hard work in Making America Great Again – you make us proud to be Americans because your leadership speaks volumes for all of us!

14. tuskyou says:

Kizuna is described as a bond on Wikipedia. I found this too which defines it as a mental linkage between people or in our case between nations.

TPP is a thing of the past.
    KIZUNA MATATA!

15. SeekerOfTruth says:

I love VP Pence. Best VP ever!! Does real work all the time. Not just international socials.
    Asian cultures I think would respect Spence highly based on his strict life style which is close to their life style.- respectful, hard working, loyal, strong family man.

He has the respect and Trump confidence to walk into any Asian country and talk real business.
    Most VP’s just do socials and negotiate pay-offs and deals for their benefit (or party) and not the US best benefit.

16. Anne says:

Trump, Pence, Tillerson. What an outstanding team!

Meanwhile, in France, presidential candidate François Fillon said that Trump is a threat to world peace because he acts impulsively. How stupid! How ignorant!

The policies of the Trump administration are well crafted, very well thought out, and anything but impulsive. .

17. Suite D says:

Oh and we almost forgot! How about Terry Brandstat, China’s favorite American for the last thirty years! I love my team. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!!

18. aqua says:

Vice President Pence has done a marvelous job here. He is serious, confident and with all the American Midwest/flyover country values we all admire. So glad to be here, where we can appreciate this together. The Trump Administration has made this economic commitment a high priority, and the number of meaningful events shows an incredible respect we have not seen in years.

Thank you, Sundance, for pointing this out as a “must view” — you were right.

19. MaineCoon says:

Although much was said about the economic dialog, the statement that spoke more to me was, “together with Japan and our allies in the region, we will protect the peace and security in this part of the world and our shared goal of a nuclear free Korean peninsula.”

This reoccurring statement by PDJT & VPPence is for all to hear and to give comfort and peace to the Japanese and others in the regions.

I also believe it sets the stage for inevitable pending events regarding NK. Hearing this statement this time seemed ominous.

20. MfM says:

So other than perhaps a funeral did VP Biden ever go on a overseas mission? Silly question I know!

Trump will visit China and Japan, he’s just too busy at home right now… and the region is too dangerous right now.

• ALEX says:

It’s amazing how many have come to our country…It’s also little known many foreign leaders not only enjoy the prestige, but they get some of the best medical scans and treatments if need be…

• Left_at_Dunkirk says:

In defense of Biden, he did manage to NOT get a status of forces agreement with Iraq, which got our forces kicked out of the country and paved the way for the rise of ISIS. So, there is that big accomplishment. /s

21. ALEX says:

Winning

22. ALEX says:

Regarding the notification to Congree…I think President Trump sent a LOUD message when he was in Ryans home district today at Snap On…That was on PURPOSE and he knew Ryan was in Europe too.

President Trump: Where’s Ryan…Oh Yeah…He’s talking with NATO…maybe he can get some money out of them……

I think the Games are over with RYAN and the sellouts…

23. andi lee says:

Aside from VP Pence’s fine stature in diplomacy, I cannot express how elated I am that VP Pence brought our Second Lady and their daughter along. Safe together. Tight-knit.

(The MSM flare-up over VP Pence’s only dining with his wife or including, led me to suspecting [their] intention was to deliberately position our VP in a questionable compromising situation. – And, I have no doubt, Congress is dragging feet to buy time for any possible scenario to stick with any member of POTUS administration.)

• webgirlpdx says:

I’m sure there have been many a female who has made a play for him through the years. I admire his honesty and fidelity.
      Only disgusting liberals would disparage it.

24. free73735 says:

Oh, my goodness, SD, thank you!…… I love the Lions…..laughed out loud(LOL) for real! For me, this understanding is to be applied to “every trick in their players book & even any unknown tricks.”

25. citizen817 says:

The synergy between President Trump,
    VP Pence, and all others chosen for an administrative position..ie: Cabinet working toward a shared positive goal is great to see.
    The Republic may just be saved for future generations. Glorious!

26. missmarple2 says:

Mike Pence was my governor. I have to tell you, I had NO IDEA how many times he had been to Japan, because the Indianapolis Star and local radio and TV barely covered it!!

As governor, he pretty much stayed in the statehouse, and I was flabbergasted when he was chosen as VP. I thought it was simply as a sop to the Christian Right. Boy, how wrong I was!

His transformation has been amazing! My best friend here thinks the same thing. President Trump has given him confidence and he has grown into a man of great stature over the last few months.

I always remember Ivanka’s speech at the convention: “My father sees potential in people that they don’t see in themselves.”

So proud of our VP!!!