President Trump and VA Secretary Shulkin Hold Listening Session with Veterans….

President Donald Trump, Vice-President Mike Pence and VA Secretary David Shulkin meet today with veterans to discuss ongoing VA programs including healthcare and veterans support initiatives.

The purpose of today’s meeting was to listen to the ongoing concerns, understand the proposals being implemented, and further recommit to institutional reform and improved standards of care for veterans.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Budget, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, Military, Patriotism, President Trump, Uncategorized, VA Scandal. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to President Trump and VA Secretary Shulkin Hold Listening Session with Veterans….

1. filia.aurea says:

“The MOST deserving among us”, and he means it. Amen.

2. This President knows how to work! He’s done more this week than the last administration did during his eight years!
    I LOVE this President!

• napoleon32 says:

He’s almost certainly met with more members of Congress this month (including Democrats) than the previous bozo did in his entire presidency. It’s been so long since we had a president who actually worked.

• Mark Matis says:

And yet BOTH parties in Congress, as well as the “Intelligence” Agencies and the Media are doing their best to destroy him.

3. Sentient says:

First. (just kidding)

4. The Boss says:

Cue up James Earl Jones:
    “THIS is transparency”.
    “THIS is leadership”.
    “THIS is manly”.
    “THIS is DJT”.
    etc. etc. etc.

5. Disgusted says:

Yes I adore our President Donald J. Trump, but I do not understand why he is pushing this ryan health take-over. Why would he bring it up in the middle of the Veteran’s meeting. WHY? It hasn’t been presented in total to the citizens of this country, yet! Why is that?I feel as if we are under Pelosi’s reign. Are they saying AGAIN we have to accept it before we have ANY IDEA about what-the-hell is involved?

• Ohio Hayseed says:

Imho, President Trump is a builder. He needs a strong foundation to support the structure in his blueprints. He’s already told us this is stage 1, and may be what is necessary to get past the obstructionists on both sides of the aisle.

6. Lucille says:

I hope is brought up and taken care of pronto…

“Portrait of President Trump Removed from VA Hospital Angering Vets”
    3.16.2017 – Trey Sanchez

7. scottmc37 says:

Frankly his work schedule boogles my mind, just following “some” of the things he does tires me out. When does he have prep time for all these meetings even…..He easily does the work of 3 people..3 very efficient and effective people…

• Ohio Hayseed says:

Yes! Even Faux News’ Bret Bauer admits that following President Trump is like trying to sip from a fire hose! Such conviction, such stamina! Love, love, love President Trump!!

8. smboney says:

Hopefully he does something to the wait times, more funding. And free Marijuana for PTSD veterans. please

• Janie M. says:

smboney, I want the Choice card to work as intended. We should be able to receive treatment locally by civilian medical providers. It’s 100 miles round trip (+$9 in tolls) for me to see the Gastro-Int. docs at my VA hospital.

• smboney says:

What are you rated? They should be comping you for the trip. The choice card would be a good move if they’d let us know when we can make appointments

• Janie M. says:

Don’t know if I have a rating, sm (suspect I don’t because I have no disabilities). I know because of my low income I qualify for a very low co-pay on my meds, $8 each.

When I tried to use my Choice card right after they sent it to us, I called Hines, spoke to a rep (named Rudy) who told me I would HAVE to use another VA clinic (couldn’t go with private provider). I informed him if it was another clinic like the one I use for my primary, they wouldn’t have the necessary facilities I needed.

The SOB wanted me to go to a VA “clinic,” not hospital, SIXTY miles away. Seriously?! I gave up.

• chris says:

If you live beyond the designated travel to a VA clinic, you need to get a local provider. Then you need to call the “White Card” number and request authorization to see the provider you chose. After you have been authorized by “White Card”, you have your provider refer you to a specialist. Your provider then needs to submit, by phone or fax(the number is on the “White Card”) to get authorization for the referral. AND each referral on down the line must be individually authorized by the “White Card”. It’s a bitch, but it works if you go step by step and are PATIENT. The “White Card” people are great and very respectful and it has worked great for me. Just start out by getting a local Doctor that will deal with VA payment schedules, then get authorization to see that doctor and move on from there. Most people don’t follow up every move with getting authorization and this leads to a provider not getting paid. The “White Card” people will even help you set up appointments to meet your schedules. You just have to follow the steps carefully if you are serious about getting help.

• Janie M. says:

Thank you for your very instructive post, chris. I have copied and pasted it into an email for reference. It is very much appreciated. Given that I was hospitalized at Hines last year and they thought I might need to have a section of my small intestine removed (Crohn’s) and hospitalized again at the beginning of last month due to the same condition, I must have this matter resolved (I’m now a senior) soon. Frankly, despite the fact Hines also has Loyola Medical school personnel at its facility, I have concerns about competency. Being able to use medical providers in my area would be very beneficial due to distance/transportation restraints.

9. TONYA PARNELL says:

VETS STILL NEED TO RAISE HELL FOR THE PICTURES NOT BEING IN ALL THE SITES

• Cee says:

President Trump’s official portrait has been printed and will be available to the VA hospitals per notice announced yesterday.

10. daughnworks247 says:

This is the subject/problem which is closest to Trump’s heart.