Tread carefully, this is a Paul Ryan announcement which inherently means the various GOPe elements, legislative authors, are most likely the primary sources.

WASHINGTON—House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) issued the following statement on introduction of the American Health Care Act:

“Obamacare is rapidly collapsing. Skyrocketing premiums, soaring deductibles, and dwindling choices are not what the people were promised seven years ago. It’s time to turn a page and rescue our health care system from this disastrous law. The American Health Care Act is a plan to drive down costs, encourage competition, and give every American access to quality, affordable health insurance. It protects young adults, patients with pre-existing conditions, and provides a stable transition so that no one has the rug pulled out from under them.

“Working together, this unified Republican government will deliver relief and peace of mind to the millions of Americans suffering under Obamacare. This will proceed through a transparent process of regular order in full view of the public. I want to thank all of our members who have contributed their ideas, especially Chairman Walden and Chairman Brady, as well as Secretary Price and the Trump administration, for their commitment to keep this promise and get this right.”

Links To Bill – LINK #1 and LINK #2

This entry was posted in Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, Obamacare, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

383 Responses to Paul Ryan Announces Repeal and Replacement ObamaCare Bill – (With Links To Legislative Construct)…

1. james23 says:

This looks like a tweak, not a R&R

• armie says:

It is. It’s a reconciliation bill. Things that’s aren’t financial in nature will require a regular bill, which would require Democrat votes in the Senate. That isn’t going to happen at the moment. What this does do is start driving premium costs down.

2. yardman says:

Is there still a penalty for not having insurance?

3. Hollywood Bungalow says:

It’s also my understanding that the 30% surcharge for late enrollees disappears after 12 months of continuous coverage.

4. IfThenElse says:

If I could make it happen I would choose, “Let the whole damn thing collapse.”
    Get the government the hell out of the insurance business period.
    States can provide safety net for citizens.
    But alas, I fear this genie is out of the bottle.
    I have Liberty health, friends have medishare – but my kids will be doomed to pay for our (baby boomer) spending addiction on this universal sort of thing and other unfunded liabilities.
    It’s immoral for sure. Our spending addiction has just led our kids down the garden path to other addictions.

5. Joan says:

Besides health care, here is something else to think about: http://www.drudgereport.com

• JustScott says:

Great. I am finally getting my business off the ground, and Lil Dummy wants to sh*t on my parade. President Trump could you please quietly stomp this turd into the pavement cracks?

6. jackphatz says:

What happened to the healthcare proposal that was on Trump website during the campaign?

• Sitting in some office while watching the keystone cops trip over each other. When they have bumbled around enough he will slap them upside the head with it. In the mean time, when Trump reads it, he’ll have this look.

• nimrodman says:

“Was that a true story you told me, Sheriff?”

“Well, I can’t swear to ever’ detail, but it’s certainly true it is a story”

7. DEGinTN says:

There must be some construct within ObamaCare that they do NOT want dismantled. Does anyone here in the T-house have any idea what that may be ? The globally-owned people in DC sure do not want it to be terminated, nor do they want it to collapse on its own. WHY ??

• HobbyFarmer says:

Control. Government control of healthcare. Imagine if total repeal happened and we opened the floodgates to real competition for our healthcare dollars. I remember back in the late 90’s early 2000’s I had healthcare options through my employer that included upwards of over a dozen providers plans. We have only the biggest corp’s left now and 2-3 options to choose from. The real solution is to get govt dang hands out of it!!! NOW.

• cjzak says:

Maybe the health insurance companies are holding something over them. Just a guess but always follow the money tangles.

• jackphatz says:

It has to be some sort of ties with “big Pharma”, FDA,CDC or such that Ryno is being forced to kneel to.

I swear…I honestly believe the Repugnants were relieved to not have to sacrifice any one of ‘theirs’ over the initial Obamacare vote. Boenher could not wait to announce that it was now “the law of the land” . and of course, their actions for seven years has proven this.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Control of your life. They have it, they love it.

• That’s a good question. Trump has stated several times that he wants to to keep some of the good things in the ACA. For example, coverage of pre-existing conditions, and also allowing kids to stay on Mom and Dad’s policy until age 26.

Well….. why throw the Baby out with the bathwater?

The Republicans and their Nationalist leaders must be very careful here. The Democrats have suffered tremendous losses and I believe that this boondoggle called Obamacare had much to do with their losses.

And here’s the deal, the Republicans own this Bill when (and if) it passes, just as Obama did when the Dems passed Obamacare.

Would the Republicans want a reputation for pulling health care coverage from 30 million people, or screwing this up when they could have made it better?

Nope, and they will not. They are trying to please everyone here.

Think it can be done? :0

8. Why are they not addressing TORT reform? I’m stunned that they aren’t talking about this.

9. NHVoter says:

10. Pam says:

• Oldschool says:

So if premiums are adjusted on a 5 to 1 ratio as opposed to the current 3 to 1 ratio for age, it will virtually make insurance completely unaffordable for the many 55 and older who find themselves unemployed and out of COBRA. Just when they need healthcare and help the most. It is almost cruel.

• chojun says:

If they expand HSA accounts then Medicare/aid plus a very substantial savings in HSA accounts will make insurance unneccessary for this segment of the population.

• armie says:

The ratio is determined by comparing the youth rate for the cheapest plan to the senior rate for the most expensive plan. So it’s not a five times premium increase.

11. Joe Knuckles says:

So anything that’s in the original 27,000 (or whatever the number is) page bill stands unless specifically addressed in these two bills, correct? I don’t see any point in reading the new bills unless you have read the original. No bill should ever be that long, under any circumstances. It should be repealed. Then simple bills of no more than 100 pages each could be passed to address specific issues.

12. Joe Knuckles says:

Doesn’t this also make it easier for the commies to change it back if they ever get the majority again?

13. It’s very clear Ryan had his aides just wipe something up quickly to get Trump off his back. This is not the free healthcare market we were promised, IMO. Not acceptable for me.

14. Sundance, can’t you find a better picture of Ryan. I hate that one. Come to think of it, I hate all the pictures you post of Ryan. Why not a picture of a horse’s a**, and title it Ryan.

15. AndrewJackson says:

So does anything in this bill address the pricing restrictions placed on Obamacare plans? (ie only allowed to price on age/smoker status/location)? If not, then this amendment blows. Insurers need full ability to properly price risk if we want affordable coverage.

16. SandraOpines says:

I need Rand Paul’s analysis, Stephen Miller review, Freedom Caucus evaluation etc….

It is far too early for me to have an opinion of this. My gut reaction is NOPE, but I will wait.

17. AndrewJackson says:

This is horse manure. The fact still remains that an obese person will be charged the same as a marathon runner of the same age. For those of you who purchase car insurance it is similar to giving a 16 year old , with 5 accidents, and a red sports car, the same rate as a married women with perfect 20 year driving record.

18. cato1776 says:

Ryan and the RINOs are married to Big Government programs.
    REPEAL and allow the free market to flourish.

19. fleporeblog says:

Folks the following was from Lou Dobbs show tonight. Starts at 22:25 on repeal and replace

1) It is dismantling Obamacare taxes and mandates
    2) Expanding Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
    3) Providing tax credit to people who don’t receive insurance through work (tax credits up to $14,000 a year)

He had on Betsy McCaughey from the Post who is an expert on Obamacare. She actually states that she is pleasantly surprised because she sees the 2 sides coming together through what has been proposed. She says this bill replaces the employer mandate and the individual mandate and the associated penalties which brings relief to 200 million Americans. She says that there will have to be a repeal bill. I think we all need to wait for it all to roll out before we react. This is a great first start.

• steph_gray says:

Another thought: Betsy may be a Battered ObamaCare Reader by now. If I had spent all those years steeped so deeply in the unconstitutional horrors of the bill, I too might brighten up at the prospect of losing even a few of the worst atrocities in it…

“You mean the beatings will be only twice a day now instead of thrice? Oh joy!”

20. yohio says:

This is a shit sandwich, it is not a Repeal. It is not what my President Trump promised, what he promised was on his website. I hope Trump don’t try to sell this or he will look like Obama making promises that won’t be kept because no one read the fine print in all the parts not being replaced.

21. chojun says:

I’m a little bit disappointed with the reactions I’m seeing here.

Folks, please inform yourselves about this thing before spouting off about it:

The short summary of this bill is that it’s a VERY GOOD FIRST STEP toward improving the healthcare marketplace.

THIS BILL IS NOT A BAD THING (although I don’t like the tax credit).

22. indiana08 says:

I want the ACA repealed not fixed! I am one of the many people who got screwed out of my insurance not once but twice. It would have been three times at the end of the year because Humana is leaving TN but I couldn’t afford even their cheapest plan this year. Before the ACA became law, I had cheap affordable insurance that I loved now I have NONE. I make too much money for government handouts and not enough to pay $330 a month and a $7000 deductible. I would go broke with insurance as much as without it if I get sick. I don’t need to read it when I know It should only be one page repealing this unconstitutional monstrosity of a law. The government has no right to dictate my healthcare. All they do is mess things up. Also, why should I be punished with 30% charge for going without insurance when I decide to purchase it? Sometimes you can’t afford insurance.Sometimes people lose their jobs. Healthcare insurance shouldn’t be a government mandate!

23. yohio says:

You all know if this thing is not Repealed & Replaced, media will be running on ads over an over if Obama lied about keeping your doctor and plan, Trump lied about Repealing and Replacing

24. Marygrace Powers says:

The Truth about Obamacare From Someone Who Actually Read It/

by Michael Connelly June 8, 2012 at 10:31am/

?Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it with particular emphasis from my area of expertise, constitutional law. I was frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance companies out of business, and put everyone into a government run system. All decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal bureaucrats, and most of them will not be health care professionals. Hospital admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical devices will be strictly controlled by the government.

However, as scary as all of that is, it just scratches the surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.”

25. Marc says:

I call it Obama-Ryancare.

26. yadent says:

Again, the problem is NOT the cost of health insurance but the cost of healthcare. The Federal government last fiscal year spent 1.4+ TRILLION dollars on healthcare, excluding the VA system, out of a 4 trillion dollar budget. Healthcare spending at the Federal level has been INCREASING at a yearly rate of approximately 9%. That rate has been fairly steady over the last 10+ years. Within 4-5 years healthcare will consume over 50% of the Federal budget. State/local budgets are imploding mainly due to pensions of which healthcare comprises a bulk of the expense within those vehicles.
    Trump, during his campaign, had a 7 point plan for healthcare. It has disappeared. Within that plan were 2 points which could drastically reduce the cost of healthcare, rendering health insurance to the role of catastrophic status. Price transparency from ALL healthcare providers and the RE-importation of pharmaceuticals & medical devices back into the US. Until the medical monopolies are broken up, it won’t matter what kind of health plan is presented. NONE. No monopolies some say? Utter nonsense? Then why did Sen. Rand Paul provide protection to the medical industry from antitrust laws in his healthcare bill???? Follow the money………..

27. b4im2old says:

PDJT veto this! It’s lipstick on the Obamacare pig! And it does not repeal! And does not replace! If a suitable full replacement can’t make it through the Senate as some claim, then let it collapse. SO many things wrong with this I’d be writing volumes! Personal medical data (used against us for rationing by the insurers) collected by Washington, and all the extra taxes etc for starters! Whatever you and Dr Price come up with, IF you can’t get the govt totally out of our healthcare and insurance and pharmaceutical needs and choices then make damn sure whatever American citizens are required to have applies to all those in the House and Senate as well!

28. Howie says:

Get em’ OUT! Get the stupid damn idiots in congress OUT of the insurance business. They are incompetent and incapable.

29. deh3k says:

Obamacare was written to force single payer. If we don’t want that, it takes intermediate steps because Republicans do not have 60 votes in the Senate to repeal and replace. The woman on Lou Dobbs was positive about this plan. If they can make enough changes to capture the collapsing small insurance market that will be a big win. Then if Price can get some healthcare costs down, that will be huge. If the Republicans can at least semi-fix the Obamacare collapse, it’s hopeful they can get a 60 person Senate majority in the next election, or Democrat agreement in the future, to do a complete fix. A lot of ifs, but at this point a half full glass is better than an empty one.

If Democrats could see a better prospect than the current one, some would come on board. But that appears unlikely this month – they will continue to Resist for now, from all appearances.

I cannot figure out the amendments in all honesty, but I know that many hooks came from HHS implementation and not from the Bill – Price has a great deal of leeway to modify the look and cost of ACA I suspect.

All that said, I agree we should all make our comments known to the White House and Congress on what is missing.

• Dennis Leonard says:

I agree,as I was initially upset with this ,but have come to the same idea as you,I think the trolls were sent here today to stir up trouble and I am not going to fall into that trap.Thanks for your growing up way of looking at this.

• wjb105 says:

PDJT has been very clear: he wants to repeal Obamacare. Keep the good things and have a plan assessable and affordable for everyone. Most people want good and affordable healthcare even if it means the government pays in to it. You can be ideological on this, but that means losing. As someone said: Republicans are willing to fall into their own sword. You can’t get everything you want. Main points: choice, affordable and no mandate. If Republicans don’t unite around this issue and compromise, it’s over, as far as I can see. Democrats are now watching from the sidelines how Republicans are destroying themselves.

• Joan says:

Yes, President Trump was very clear. For two years he said he would repeal Obamacare and replace it. Ryan’s bill does not do that. It is just a bunch of amendments to Obamacare and adds 200 pages to the 2,000 page Obamacare which almost no one read.

30. Paul Killinger says:

We keep prattling on about how America should observe the “Rule of Law.” Well, the last I checked Obamacare presently IS federal law.

I was vehemently opposed to this DOG in the first place, but our problem now is how to minimize this disaster going forward, isn’t it?

31. Orygun says:

I just want to remind everyone that the majority of the people did not want this. I also want to say that it is a tax according to the SC. The TEA party was a group of like minded people that did not want the government messing about in their lives and was Taxed Enough Already. Letting the GOPe mess about in our lives is not any better. Just get rid of it!