Mexico and Canada Announce Willingness to Renegotiate NAFTA…

Remember what we shared yesterday, it underpins every forward action and behavior.  If you don’t understand it – you will be lost over the next several years.

Donald Trump is not yet president, and yet within 24 hours of winning the election both Mexico (link) and Canada (link) announce they are willing to begin renegotiation’s of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

trump-convention-3nafta-trudeaunafta-mexico

Trump: And who’s gonna pay for that wall?
Crowd: MEXICO !
Trump: 100% folks, 100% !

This is EXACTLY what happens when you put a Titan of Industry back in charge of the biggest economy in the world.  As a non-politician industrialist Donald Trump has said for decades, the U.S. holds all the leverage in these negotiations. He’s right.

American capitalists and workers are about to see just how powerful that leverage is.  Remember, Trump’s economic platform -and his plan to save SSI and retiree benefits- is founded upon the U.S. economic engine working at 4%+ GDP growth.

He will drive that number much, much, higher.  “Believe me“.

There’s going to be a re-writing of every economic text book with Trump-economics as the key chapter to understand these moments in our nations history.  We are on the cusp of witnessing one of the greatest economic upswings in American history.

Additionally, Wall Street’s primary legislative mouthpieces, Mitch McConnell (R) and Chuck Schumer (D), just acquiesced and admitted the Trans-Pacific Partnership is dead (link).

The U.S. Crony Capitalistic Chamber of Commerce, President Tom Donohue, spent over $300 million buying congress and labor union leadership on the TPP deal.

the-big-club-2

Just that quick, *poof*, $300,000,000 in Wall Street lobbying money evaporates.

And he’s not even in office yet.

Do you still doubt the predictions about the hundreds of abandoned lobbyist office spaces on K-Street?… Keep watching.

See how that works.

‘Merica !

trump-tower-1

Remember:

• Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International Edward Demming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering and efficiency superiority. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen. They did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.

Because they lost the award, the Japanese spent 6 months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY….

• When every single Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take 5 years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaiti’s and Saudi’s called Texans, who had them all capped and back in working order in 10 months.

We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

• When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved everyone of them….

That’s our America.

• When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his seven virgins, began opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.

France honor

Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us.  That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre.  Yet for the better part of the past decade a group of intellectual something-or-others have been teaching an insufferable storyline that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.

Enough.

When I hear Donald Trump say “Let’s Make America Great Again”, I also hear the familiar echo “cowboy up” people.

It’s high time we stop being embarrassed about our exceptional nature, and start being proud of it again.   Because when it matters most, when it really counts, when it’s really needed, there’s a whole bunch of people all around this world of ours that are mighty happy when swagger walks in to solve their problems.

Yeah, “let’s make America great again”.  Swagger on !

trump-ride

This entry was posted in Big Government, Canada, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Economy, Election 2016, Illegal Aliens, Mexico. Bookmark the permalink.

474 Responses to Mexico and Canada Announce Willingness to Renegotiate NAFTA…

1. mg says:

Sundance – Your the best. Thanks.

2. keeler says:

Deploranomics!

3. teajr says:

Merica baby! I feel high, and I’m perfectly sober! Been awhile since I’ve felt optimistic… a long while.

4. Too much winning, I can’t stand it anymore!!! Please stop it, President-Elect Trump. Oh, and does ‘President-Elect’ sound good or what? But certainly not as good as President Trump! MAGA

• The Recent Republican says:

We have not even begun to win. This is just a small crumb before the main course. Think about how the left still controls the entire education system and entertainment. Over at Paul Joseph Watson’s You Tube comments, there are high school and college kids talking about how students are being suspended for wearing MAGA hats or saying “Build the wall!” to their friends (which lands them in “Saturday School” if a leftist teacher hears it). One kid in a drama class said many of the students broke down crying when they heard that Trump had won and some Hispanic girls and gay kids howled that Trump was going to kill them.

The teacher coddled all this, of course. That’s what we are up against.

• mjazzguitar says:

I call him President Trump, because the Left doesn’t like it, and obama is useless, anyway.

5. I’m down in Mexico about once a week (Queretaro, San Luis Potosi, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Lyon) and have to say I love it down there. People are so polite and civil. I think Trump and the wall will be be a huge plus for the country. This is not a zero sum game were playing.

6. TC says:

Time to “nut up or shut up,” as they say.

7. MrE says:

Anyone sick of winning yet?

• Christopher Johnson says:

Nope. I might get bored of winning at some point, but that just means I’ll be able to focus on things unrelated to politics, like my family, friends and church.

One of the Founders said that the greatest government in the world would be one you could shut down for a year and no one would even notice.

How AMAZING would it be for this country if people could just get on with their lives without having to give one thought to how the government might impact their decisions?

I think that would be a taste of Heaven on earth right there.

8. adoubledot says:

<There’s going to be a re-writing of every economic text book with Trump-economics as the key chapter to understand these moments in our nations history.  We are on the cusp of witnessing one of the greatest economic upswings in American history>

Even if we got back to 4% growth, that would be amazing. Aside from energy, though, there’s one area of the economy I haven’t seen discussed much if at all in this election season, and that’s food. I’d like to see what Trump has in store for EPA, FDA and Agriculture. For example, the central valley of California has been devastated by the Endangered Species Act and water restrictions. It would be great to see its robust productivity back again. With our land mass and climate, we should dominate the world in food again if we don’t already. No excuse to be paying top dollar for stuff like cereal, nuts, vegetables and (imported) fruit.

9. Bubba says:

All of Trump’s adversaries (Mexico, Bush, Ryan, Obama, Hillary, etc.) know what they’re up against with Trump. He’s a true representation of America’s can do attitude. They know that, given the chance, Trump will succeed and prove to the people what americanism is all about. They’re fighting him, in part, because he’s going to make them look like the weak fools & frauds that they are.

10. Here’s another 24 hour Trump Effect – Wow this guy is incredible!

11. justfactsplz says:

It is music to my ears to hear TPP is dead and that NAFTA will be renegotiated. I would like to have seen Tom Donohue’s face when he heard Trump won. Well Tom, this wasn’t Mississippi and we outsmarted you at the polls this time.

12. Bone Fish says:

The Magician,

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump go into a bakery. As soon as they enter, Hillary steals three pastries and puts them in her pocket. She says to Donald, “See how clever I am? The owner didn’t see anything and I don’t even need to lie.” I will definitely win the election. Then Donald says to Hillary, “That’s the typical dishonesty you have displayed throughout your entire life, trickery and deceit. I am going to show you an honest way to get the same result.

“Donald goes to the owner of the bakery and says, “Give me a pastry and I will show you a magic trick.” Intrigued, the owner accepts and gives him a pastry. Trump swallows it and asks for another one. The owner gives him another one. Then Donald asks for a third pastry and eats that, too.The owner is starting to wonder where the magic trick is and asks, “What did you do with the pastries?”

Trump replies, “Look in Hillary’s pocket”.

13. mopar2016 says:

That NAFTA nonsense was a Bush Sr. idea that he gave to Bill Clinton.
    Everyone knows that the Bush family were backing hillary in the presidential race.

There’s a lot of traitors in politics. Colin Powell comes to mind too.
    Powell claims to be a Republican, but he always votes dem in presidential elections.
    I think that there were a LOT of so called Republicans that voted for hillary.
    You never hear of a dem that votes Republican.

14. Skittles says:

True–as you say, it’s not the people who have limited themselves, it’s our leaders–the “we can’t, we won’t, we shouldn’t, we’re sorry for being #1” leaders! Even McConnell started in on this when he said, “We’re not REALLY going to build a wall.”

In a way, I’m glad he said that right off the bat. For one, he’s telling everyone he doesn’t support Trump, and also, he just waved a red flag in front of the mighty bull Trump (who’s saying, “Hide and watch, fool!”).

• missmarple2 says:

It is my understanding that several years ago, as part of their “immigration reform” piddly stuff (that never did anything) they actually included a provision to build a barrier on the Southern Border. Of course, after Obama got elected, he never authorized getting started.

But the law is still therre, so McConnell can go pound sand.

The Wall will be built.

Under budget and ahead of schedule, too.

15. CJ says:

He’s already got world leaders crapping their pants.

Which is exactly what the President of the United States should be doing. The leader of every country in the world should wake up and their first thought should be: “What does Trump want today?”

16. McGuffin says:

Sundance, This is one of my favorite columns. Printing it out and putting it my Trump keepsakes. Thank you for your hard work!

17. Well, well, well. Imagine that.

All Trump had to do is ask, and they immediately acquiesced.

This is worth re-watching: 1 year into Trump’s presidency, as seen on Saturday Night Live.

18. drillerelite says:

I’m definitely not used to it but I think this ‘winning’ is something I’m really going to like. Wonder how long it takes to get sick of winning? I don’t even know if this elation will subside any time soon after that bif win

19. bkrg2 says:

I will never get sick of winning! Amazing great news about NAFTA & TPP
    Such a great article Sundance – please keep them coming!
    Brought back so many memories from high school and college (the Reagan years). That was the last time I feel America was strong & great before the Clinton – GWBush – Obozo travesty.

Trump’s legacy will be even greater than Reagan. SD has already posted a few of the great things to expect. We know America will be great again. And, here are a few reasons that I feel that the rest of the world will be even greater than Reagan era.

My Global Predictions for Trump Term #1
    1) The world will be a safer place – Peace thru Strength and the defeat of ISIS. And, a mutual relationship with Russia (& possibly China). Neither of these were possible back then due to the Cold War & power of Communism. ISIS will make a strong surge before the end of 2016. They know Obozo will be golfing & Crooked will be sleeping, so this is their last chance before Sheriff Trump comes to town. It’s gonna be scary from December through February (even worse than the weekly attacks just a few months ago). Then in February, ISIS will make it’s final attack to test Trump. That will be the beginning of the end. (I pray I am wrong about this and ISIS will see they can’t win vs Trump, so they give up. For those to young to remember Reagan, look up Iranian hostage crisis on wikipedia and pay attention to the day & time they freed the hostages)

2) A stable world economy. This will take a bit of time as production, skills, and knowledge shift around the globe (not easy to shift this over-night). SD has written about what to expect in USA (higher durable good prices, but more stable consumption prices). However, this will also help countries who play by the rules, pay fair wages, and don’t create a “false economy” – watch for the complete collapse of countries like Brazil, Saudi Arabia & Turkey. Also a standstill (or collapse) of China.

3) Amazing relationship with Mexico. Yes, you read that correctly. The same thugs & idiots that are rioting right now a few miles from my home in Chicago over building a wall will be stunned in a couple of years. Also, the rioters in Mexico after Trump’s meeting with Nieto will be wishing their President didn’t have term limits. Why, well remember how Trump said a million times “if you don’t have a border, you don’t have a country”. That works both ways – for USA and Mexico. The illegal border crossing hurts both countries. And Nieto is a genius for meeting with Trump and now offering to renegotiate on NAFTA. Trump is a compassionate person – he’s not going to screw over good human beings and he will work on a mutual solution with Nieto to solve these problems.

Really bold predictions for Trump term #2
    4) Several countries of Europe will see what happens when leaders listen to the people they govern. The European Union terms will be re-written, keeping the best parts. United Kingdom re-enters the EU in 2024

5) Based on the good relations around the world, collective powers of the United Nations (like USA, Russia, UK, Germany) will make a step-change improvement into improving the living conditions in the worst parts of Africa.

• Bart says:

Scrap point 4, the EU is not good and need to be totaly abollished.

Other then that looking forward to see the US leading by example under president Trump.

Greetings from Holland!

20. nightmare on k st says:

Sunlight On K St
    love it

21. Jimmy Jack says:

Thanks of for making me smile Sundance. I made the mistake of slipping into enemy territory and was reading about the awful riots – depressing. This is the uplifting stuff I should hint about before sleep.

22. trumptea says:

Look at that people, ALL IT TOOK WAS A LEADER!

23. I wake before dawn, not a libral in sight.
    For in mom’s basement, they played through the night.
    I sweat and I bleed to bring food to our table.
    Most of them can too, but claim their not able.
    It’s trade school I took, to aquire my skill.
    All they can think of, it’s Trump we must kill.
    The voting was rigged, but still we were able.
    Media lied and twisted, till they belived their own fable.
    We shall work hard to restore this country of ours.
    Work late in the night untill we see stars.

24. Lucky Pierre says:

Just a thought–cut all the welfare to illegals, and they will all go back to wherever. This will save us the problem of how to build the wall and man it to keep everyone from climbing it. With the savings from the welfare, we could probably pay off at least half our national debt in four years. All the children (who are not really citizens anyway), are free to go with their parents–wouldn’t want to break up a family.

25. Risin'Tide says:

Well said, Sundance. Once again, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I’ve been re-reading all those posts about policy and my smile just gets wider. Trump and his movement is like taking the shackles off this country.

26. EJ says:

As I post on twitter often. Red White and Blue Eagle Tattoos will be back in style again. ‘Merica

27. hugofitch1 says:

As great as anything you’ve ever written, Sundance.

28. Mike says:

I almost forgot what winning looked like! Trump, not even sworn in yet and we are winning!

29. Ellie says:

This is what leadership looks like!

30. Robert G Seidel says:

Awesome article thanks for posting it.

31. UKExpat says:

I am not American although I could have been my paternal Grandfather went from Ireland to San Francisco in 1906 to help rebuild after the earthquake and then mysteriously went back home again no body knows why. But my whole life I have been an optimist and a believer in individual responsibility. I became increasingly disappointed with the LEFTIST drift of the UK and Europe. So much so that after having lived in Africa for eight years Europe for six years Indonesia for three years the USA for two years and during the interim traveling the world , over 90 countries on six Continents, I eventually left BRITANISTAN for good in 2001 and have since lived in Bangkok and now Bali where I have become a resident. I will never return to UK or Europe again , but I still follow world events assiduously and became a supporter of Trump from the outset, just as I KNEW OBOZO was a WRONG ‘UN from the outset too.
    I wish America luck with her new found FREEDOM and hope the LEFTIST SCUMBAGS and the BLACK RACISTS can be controlled and contained and not allowed to spoil it.

32. Wow! I have learned so much from CTH. I know about omnibus, TPP, chamber of Commerce, uniparty, RINOS. I will enjoy reading more articles that we’ll me up with pride and keep an old brain fresh. Thank you for all your hard work, it is appreciated.

33. mjazzguitar says:

Why renegotiate NAFTA? Just scrap it.