Following a meeting of Wall Street donors and DC political strategists, the Cruz campaign has shifted strategy and announces a “Stop Trump” focus on North Carolina, Missouri and Illinois.

CNN shares some of in insider details as provided by Kellyanne Conway a CNN contributor, pundit and current head of the pro-Cruz Super-PAC Keep the Promise.

kellyanne Conwayted cruz large

(Via CNN) […]  Keep the Promise, the main cluster of independent groups backing Cruz, is preparing to spend $4.1 million in a quartet of states that vote on March 15: Missouri, Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina. It is passing entirely on Florida, Rubio’s home state, where he trails national frontrunner Donald Trump badly in polls.

“We’re no longer doing anti-Rubio ads in Florida, because it appears he can lose Florida all by himself,” said Kellyanne Conway, the group’s president. “He doesn’t need our help.”

The groups are spending $3.2 million on television in North Carolina, Missouri and Illinois, more than $535,000 on digital in those states plus Washington D.C. and Ohio and $435,000 on radio in North Carolina, Missouri, Illinois and Ohio. Republicans in D.C. vote on March 12.

Cruz forces had planned an incursion into Florida as part of an effort to deny Rubio the 99 delegates he needs in his home state to argue he has a viable path to the nomination. Cruz in recent days has intensified his argument that should Rubio remain in the race, it is likely to hand Trump the nomination by keeping the field splintered. Florida was seen as a chance to deliver a knock-out punch to the Florida senator on his own turf. (read more)

It is not incidental these changes in strategy follow meetings with Team Jeb Bush.

cruz and heidi

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, media bias, Notorious Liars, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

344 Responses to After Planning Meeting of GOPe Strategists Team Cruz Pulls Out of Florida – Focus: North Carolina, Missouri and Illinois…

1. Imo. Jeb has resurfaced in person so Cruz understands the end game. I think the long game. Cruz plays the spoiler all the way to the convention. He is promised a Supreme court spot in place of losing entirely
    They will change the rules. Enter Jeb again

• sDee says:

Cruz would be another globalist sleeper in the Supreme Court

• Thegoldman says:

With Goldmen Sacks..

It was only time before the elites went for Cruz…

I will love watching Cruz’s numbers slide to 0%

TRUMP or BUST

2016

• rinokiller says:

#theresurrectionplan

• Crassus says:

Cruz couldn’t get confirmed as dog catcher much less the Supreme Court. I don’t think he’d want it anyway. He’d rather be where the action is. They might promise him Senate Majority Leader once Mitch the Wretch retires.

• jakee308 says:

All Cruz has to do is say that because of Trump birtherism he is forced to suspend his campaign due to questions about his citizenship. He’ll get all ‘I’m doing this to save the country the lawsuit and being divisive.’ Then tosses those delegates to Jeb or Romney and boom Trumps gets the boot.

They don’t believe we’ll walk. They believe we have no where else to go especially with Queen Hillary having her way greased.

They don’t know us very well do they? I’ll write Trump in whether it’s legal or not.

Screw the GOPe.

2. arkansasmimi says:

• LW says:

Rubio and Cruz are alot to blame for this with their kkk rhetoric. I wish he could either move or cancel the event.

• not2worryluv says:

Trump will be at the Peabody Opera Center in downtown STL. Most of his base is in St.Louis/St.Charles County. I wish he would move the venue to the St. Charles Family Center-more accessible, great parking and much safer for all!

St. Louis City is a very dangerous place – I’m concerned for everyone’s safety. This #BLM/Ferguson group are beyond nasty!

• Crassus says:

If they dropped an atomic bomb on St. Louis it would do billions of dollars in improvements. Why do you think the Rams are moving out of that dung heap?

• jakee308 says:

Yeah. And get rid of that ugly Arch. Half of a McDonalds. How pathetic is that?

Yeah it’s a feat of architecture and construction but it’s still looks stupid.

• 1american1st says:

Scum of the Earth, Black Lives Matters, is funded by George Soros, one of the most evil men on the planet. Hope there’s plenty of police (Trump supporters) available!

3. burnett044 says:

well hang my chad ..I smell the Bush family funk in motion…

4. seventhndr says:

“The true cnsvative” my a**.

I’ve been pretty settled on Trump sense the beginning, but would have settled for Cruz up until about October. Then I started seeing too many flags.

At this point there are so many flags with Cruz, it looks like Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day. If you can’t see Cruz’s issues by now, you are a lost cause.

5. This is certainly a game-changer, but so is the fact that Dr. Carson is going to endorse Trump at tomorrow morning’s newscast.

6. Jayne says:

I will be shocked if Cruz wins Illinois. I lived there the first 33 years of my life and was very politically active and I just can’t see Chicagoans, Cook County, or the collar counties (largest voting bloc) falling for him. I just can’t.

I’ll be curious to see if he gets Ogle County and Winnebago County, though.

Missouri has gotten so, so, SO dirty that anything goes there. You have two major cities on either side of the state with strongly entrenched political machines. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, to see Bernie do well with all the collegiate upheaval the past couple of years. I’m also interested in Greene County. Militarily, Fort Leonard Wood is there in Pulsaki County with a strong presence.

I have no opinion on North Carolina other than I think they are a fiercely independent people who don’t appreciate being told how to think. Or at least those I’ve known personally are that way.

7. MVW says:

Cruz abandoning his campaign and ganging up with the other losers is just another dirty trick from the hyena pack.

So, the coordinated attack will need a new message from Trump, quick, to lump them together as a faceless candidate. No longer would lyin’Cruz be Cruz, he will just be faceless GOPe.

It is a bit complicated though to explain it, perhaps taking the tack that Cruz is effectively abandoning his campaign would be better. Attack ads are one thing, ads to inform voters of what is afoot to get the word out though is perhaps another thing.

In other words, the cover has been blown, Cruz is no longer running, he is now just another Lindsey Graham.

Perhaps it is enough just to cast doubt on what the vote for Cruz is anymore?

8. cheekymeeky says:

They always make me smile.

• PatriotGalNC says:

I have no words to describe the LOVE & RESPECT We The People have for our precious DIAMOND & SILK! True American Patriots that have ever lived!!!

9. Cruz had made a deal with the devil. Donors have agreed to Cruz for president if he takes bush as VP! Now they know FL us for trump and kasich might win OH. But can’t let trump win majority in the other 4 states. Therefore is the move!

10. Larry Bates says:

Seems to me that Ohio is the battleground state that Trump needs help in. I will be taking my Trump Focus dot com van there on Saturday.
    Amazing how few bumper stickers you see around for any candidate. Not PC I guess.

• amjean says:

People are afraid to get their cars keyed or
      windows broken. Anti Trump people are the
      crazies.

• Larry Bates says:

I have to agree there. My van was defaced during the Michigan vote recently but thankfully only with duct tape.

• Larry Bates says:

The price of freedom I guess.

• Jayne says:

That is why I won’t put anything on my car.

• Just want to clarify it’s not because of Trump, Americans have known Trump for 20 years or at least of him. I’ve seen roasts and even Snoop Dog friendly and plenty others with Trump.

What they are against is the media narrative caricature of Trump. Cursed be everyone who put these lies onto Trump! That’s why the commandment say thou shalt not bear FALSE WITNESS against thy neighbor. People think it says thou shalt not lie, but it is specifically about bearing false witness.

!!!!

They are putting Trump’s life in danger with every false lie about Trump and that KKK lie was the worst! I pray it all backfires on them.

• PatriotGalNC says:

It is 30+ years of Donald Trump in our news, sweetheart. (Please, no disrespect MoniQueMoniCat.) I recall hearing about him when I graduated high school (1973). He was a “Mover-Shaker” then. Yes…he is like most of us folks that wind up with a lot of “broken china” along the way. High Profile people wind up under a microscope of huge (YUGE) size. Knowing about ‘The Donald’ Trump and his operations FOR YEARS… yhis does not concern me in the leas! He truly LOVES the America. He made his whole life within HER wings, and tells us over and over again how EVERYONE can do this too

P.S. The KKK has NOTHING to do with this campaign. As far as they are concerned…there is NO candidate running that they would endorse..

That’s a good thing. (And I LIVE in kkk county.)

• Larry Bates says:

By the way, did you know that you can make your own large windows stickers easily. Just type your message in MS Word, pick a bold font, expand the characters on screen to the size that you want, and then trace the letters onto contact paper. Cut out the letters and either stick them on the window or, better still, stick the negative image of the letters onto the window and stray paint the letters onto the window. Works great – just use a lot of masking paper.

• yohio says:

Let people know Kasich not on ballots in NC, Penn, ILL, can’t win nomination and basically a protest vote. That’s what people need to know. Media won’t report

11. bluesky says:

so the advisors that advised Jeb! are now advising Cruz. Isnt this the type of systemic DC thinking that got us to this point?

• 1american1st says:

YOU SAID, “so the advisors that advised Jeb!”

I’m glad because I can’t stand that Liar Cruz. He’s almost as bad as Hillary!

Why does that joker keep saying he’s an outsider when it is quite the opposite? He has been a lawyer/in politics/a politician most of his adult life & is taking money from Lobbyists and Special Interest groups. He is a lot closer to Jeb & the Bush family than any of his supporters know. Reading his biography is quite telling! He is and plans to be another career politician. He’s seeking the ultimate prize right now & if he is elected, nothing will change, including our trade agreements…. especially trade agreements:

12. MVW says:

So, a vote for Cruz is no longer a vote for Cruz. Cruz has given up winning. What does a vote for Cruz now mean???

Is Cruz is now running for a brokered convention, which means Cruz voters are gambling that the outcome of a brokered convention will be favorable.

If he is running for VP, who’s VP???

Perhaps someone will get Cruz to tell us what a vote for Cruz now means??

• Larry Bates says:

Cruz is still in the running in general but the GOPe elite who engineered Florida to be a winner take all state for Jeb’s sake, now need to switch strategies and peddle Cruz somewhere else.

• MVW says:

Larry, Cruz needed Florida, without Florida he has no path forward, the numbers for him don’t add up. Further, in a brokered convention, what does Cruz shoot for?

The point is voters vote for the man. If their man is not running for the position then it is a fraud.

• Ah, but that’s where BEN CARSON comes in. He is popular in lots of the states that Cruz is targeting.

• WSB says:

Now, that’s a bumper sticker, “A vote for Cruz is no longer a vote for Cruz.”

13. Perhaps I am a little naive but my thoughts are those who liked “Cruz” was same reason many of us liked Trump. Supposed outsider status. If they feel Cruz is being backed suddenly by Establishment that could possibly turn them on him. Maybe!

14. Pingback: Nothing to See Here...Just Move On... - Daily Pundit

15. yohio says:

So how do Cruz supporters now explain this, Cruz has just become a splitter that’s what they want, if so very sad from so called conservatives.

16. carolmcd says:

Mason Dixon poll has Trump leading only by 6 in Florida, with Rubio securing a lot of his support in early voting.

17. Here’s a clip of one of Rafael’s most outspoken, queer supporters:

18. Alan Wilmot says:

Ah… I don’t get it. I mean, I understand “the long game” for Jeb as President and Cruz in the Supreme Court…

But Cruz taking Rubio votes and winning Florida was the only thing that worried me. A little. When Trump takes ‘Winner Take All’ Florida, and especially if he takes Ohio, he’s gonna be HARD to beat!

19. Wow. Anti establishment candidate Sen Cruz is now coordinating with the establishment to attempt to defeat Mr Trump. I was a Sen Cruz fan. What a fool I was. The one they all hate, because he threatens their slot in the trough, is Mr Trump. That is the only thing I need to know right there. And, I am severely disappointed in Sen Cruz. He appears to be the liar that Mr Trump keeps pointing out. Is there anybody in our current govt, aside from Sen Sessions, that is honest? I am serious. Is there anyone?

20. So the announcement of Cruz bailing on Florida means what? That by Cruz leaving Florida it will be more difficult for Trump now that Cruz won’t be splitting the Rubio vote???

21. rebel53blog says:

Rubio is Toast here in Florida. It is hard to find someone who likes him. On Monday night in Tampa, Rubio had a crowd of 300 in a 5000 seat arena. On Tuesday afternoon in Sarasota he had 600 people in an airplane hangar. On Tuesday night at another Florida location he had 200 supporters. Pretty telling isn’t it.

22. Steve Nickerson says:

Cruz and GOPe are mutually exclusive
    It’s foolish to think otherwise
    #NeverTrump

23. 1american1st says:

Who could in good conscience vote for LYIN’ CRUZ?

24. Lyin Ted on immigration

[video src="https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/705831602807504897/pu/vid/482x360/-TORaj9uezed04wL.mp4" /]

• Here’s the direct link to that video you posted:

(On this blog got to remove brackets and quotes or it won’t make the link live):)

• Oops! Just realized even though I posted only the link that it added the brackets and quotes itself just like you had posted.

I think this is the same video (it has that same guy in the bow tie in background:)

Cruz In 2013 On Providing Legal Status To Illegal Immigrants (Length 2:13 min)