This is one of those ah-ha moments when several political variables seem to reconcile simultaneously. For those who doubted the Earlier Tripwire, here’s the evidence.

There is a Super-PAC called “Stand for Truth” registered out of Lexington Kentucky headed by a guy named Eric Lycan.  [Here’s the link – search box “Stand for Truth”]

sft 6

Mr. Eric Lycan was Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s lawyer during his re-election campaign against Matt Bevin.  Lycan also has deep tentacles within the entire GOPe apparatus, including the Chamber of Commerce. You can confirm identity from the filing paperwork and the reported contact information which is the same as THIS LINK to the Dinsmore legal group.

sft 4

Link for FEC Filing [Again search box “Stand for Truth”]

sft 5 Eric Lycan

Link to Dinsmore Group Bio

So obviously Eric Lycan is a deep insider within GOPe circles:

• He’s represented, and/or is representing, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
  • He also represents clients to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Tom Donohue connection).
  • He’s a member of the National Republican Lawyers Board of Governors.
  • He was the Kentucky Chairman, Lawyers for Romney in 2012.

There’s no questioning his GOPe bona fides. However, here’s where things get really interesting.

Given his curriculum vitae and the direct connection to Mitch McConnell you might not expect to see this:

sft 3

It’s a pro-Ted Cruz Super-PAC.  The filing above also shows they spent $42,000 to create digital advertising for Ted Cruz, and…

…..wait for it…

….. spent $192,594.00 for “RADIO ADVERTISING”.

It makes a person wonder which radio broadcasters might have picked up some of that Pro-Ted Cruz advertising money?

…and maybe that explains why THIS seemed to have struck such a nerve.

But wait, it gets better….

Eric Lycan’s “Stand for Truth” Super-PAC is not only Pro-Cruz, it is also Anti-Donald Trump.   Producing and paying for airing of negative ads in Iowa against Candidate Donald Trump (examples found here):

sft 2

The filing above exhibits spending of $150,000 for negative digital ads in opposition to Donald Trump and $15,750.00 in production costs for the same.

And this is NO SMALL SUPER-PAC, they are spending $2,251,345.00  They are putting out a lot of money.  More money than would come from small donors etc.

But again, big picture, why would a Mitch McConnell aligned type of DC insider, with strong connections to the U.S. CoC,  be spending millions to support Ted Cruz and spend millions against Donald Trump?

These FACTS, not suppositions, FACTS, blow the “outsider Cruz” narrative a bit, no?  These FACTS also seem to run exactly opposite of this Ted Cruz presentation of his relationship with Mitch McConnell, no?

Exactly the opposite seems to be going on.  A DC PAC pro-Cruz and anti-Trump, has the very distinct odor of yet another Cruz-like quid-pro-quo (TPA maybe).

mcconnell ryan

*Note* The “Stand for Truth” PAC is also spending money against Marco Rubio in Iowa, but that reconciles when you look at the CV of Lycan and note the “internet and on-line gambling” aspect.  Rubio is being backed by Sheldon Adelson  .  Adelson is spending money on anti-Cruz ads; Lycan is just hitting back.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

580 Responses to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Attorney Heads Pro-Cruz, Anti-Trump Super PAC…

1. joshua says:

Trump should, at the start of the debate, to ask all of the moderators to hold up their hand if they refuse to pledge to the candidates that they will NOT ask demeaning or mean spirited “attack” questions of anyone, and will stay with issues of major national concern and not personal views or historical positions now refuted by candidates” Anyone that refuses, the candidates have the right to take a question, but spend response time addressing the concerns of the American people.

• All Trump has to say is that Megan Kelly is “unbalanced”in her perspective on these GOP Presidential candidates, etc. etc. That of course is a veiled reference to her psychiatric hospitalization (against her will) for in 2013. That will really flip her over. In fact I think he should just tell her that at the debate right off the bat. .

• Howie says:

Be ready for an all out barrage from all sides and the actual voting is about to start. Withering crossfire from paid radiohead shills. Establishment K Street Super Pacs, Media operatives, every enabler that gets a split of the loot. It will light up the sky like the 4th of July. The establishment is ready to unleash shock and awe at Donald. Everything they have.

• Mike says:

Next illegal “traffic jam” protest, I hope Donald can fund the local PD/Sherrif/Secret Service to have the expensive, high sensitivity equipment for drugs and nitrates/explosives. If they’ve smoked pot or meth in the last month or carried stuff, the residues yield a video documented, legitimate search.

Sh–head/dopehead gets a search shredded interior back in a week or so, if it’s a trace. I bet they would often find even bigger samples because these goons are so stupid or arrogant.

Likewise the first impound should be nearby, rather than 10-20 miles to the PD yard, A nearby arranged site (e.g. rancher) a block or mile away would be first containment area to clear the hwy.

If they heavy chain themselves to the window orbumper, cut the window frame or bumper. No more Mr Nice Patsy with these criminals.

• Skip says:

Joshua…I agree. I used to pay attention to Fox News but no more.

• Duchess says:

Fabulous idea Joshua-send this to the Trump campaign.

• Suzy Kiprien says:

Questions must be relevant to issues, nothing more. FOX moderators of which Megyn must pledge to ask intelligent questions or else deal is I SUE YOU.

• Jedi9 says:

it doesn’t matter, Trump said that he will no longer be doing debates, as he stated “we debated enough already”

2. redlegleader68 says:

In case you missed this from this morning (time of this post:)
    …well, I was going to upload a screen shot, but I guess I don’t know how! … help
    anyway, check it out here if it’s still up: http://www.lucianne.com/
    The text says, “Late Breaking News!
    Donald Trump marks a new high in the race for the Republican nomination, according to a new CNN/ORC Poll, with more than 4 in 10 Republican voters nationwide now saying they back the billionaire, and more than two-thirds of Republicans saying he’s the candidate most likely to be nominee.”

• Curry Worsham says:

No graphic in article.
      CNN/ORC Poll: Donald Trump dominates GOP field at 41%
      Trump has topped the 40% mark for the first time in CNN/ORC polling, standing at 41%. That more than doubles the support of his nearest competitor, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who notches 19% support in the poll. No other candidate hit double-digits. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio landed at 8%, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson at 6%, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 5%, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 4%, and the rest at 3% or less.

3. Lulu says:

When Ted Cruz Wanted to Be Part of the Establishment
    He climbed over colleagues in search of W’s favor, only to be rejected—setting him on his outsider’s course.

• USA Patriot says:

Now how could this be — didn’t Ted Cruz say McConell lied to him and that is the only reason he voted for ObamaTrade? These insiders cover for one another with a wink and a nod.

So tell me Rush and Levin how is Ted Cruz the most hated guy in Washington and how is he the only principled conservative after enabling Obama on Obamatrade and Iran/Corker? How is he the most consistent conservative when he flip flops on immigration?

Not only is Ted an insider posing as an outsider, so are you two and the rest of your clones.

• USA Patriot says:

I think it was Treeper Trumpster who pointed out the radio campaign Ad money connection with Talk Radio and called it the circle of devils. This is also why they like outsourcing and cheap labor so much — the big corporations advertise on their radio shows and own them just like the politicians. And this is why they are conservative last and Globalist first — the money cat is out of the bag for these talkers.

One more thing: Do you guys remember when Mark Zucerburg of FB had every 15 minutes had an Ad embracing Rubio’s gang of 8 amnesty and used a fake conservative name?

Judas Sellouts all. No wonder they all hate Pro- American Trump.

• Duchess says:

I have noticed a change on local talk radio here in upstate SC. One of the hosts has gone all out Cruz and is harping on the remark Trump made about killing a person in NY and his followers would not care. His callers on the show and FB are 75% against Trump. He is also banning followers on FD who do not agree with him.
          The other host is also repetitively talking about the same remark Trump made and the followers of that show are also calling,texting in @75% against Trump. Radio ads are now non stop for Cruz, Bush and a few here and there for Rubio. I believe I heard one ad for Trump thus far.
          It wasn’t like this before, so there is merit re USA Patriots’s comments re radio campaign ad money connection.

• stringy theory says:

I’d say it’s time to turn that talk radio show off and all the others. Nearly all have been outed as establishment shills and that includes Rush and Levin. They will discover that their era of domination will be coming to an end courtesy of President Trump.

• stella says:

What has Rush Limbaugh said that prove he is an “establishment shill”? I don’t think that’s true at all.

• Steele81 says:

I have been a Rsuh listener for many years. That said, I have noticed, since it has been pointed out, that Rush wraps his comments about Mr Trump in a blanket of negativity.

• Duchess says:

Stella-this is an example of what I think Rush is doing now. He will say Trump is hated by the establishment. Then the next thing he will say is Cruz is really hated by the establishment because he is the only real Conservative in the race. Rush will then go on to another topic and the listener is left pondering the last comment.
                  I have also noticed another thing he is doing. Recently he played a clip with Trump saying Rush had been very good to him. Rush then faded to commercial and on the way out Rush laughed and said “really?” in a sarcastic kind of way. That comment was not reflected in the transcript. He has been doing variations of this. Rush is more subtle than Levin, but he is getting the message out that Cruz is his man.
                  Even my die-hard Rush fan husband is noticing the jabs at Trump.

• jtomka says:

Rush “changed” a couple of years ago. I detected the change and attributed it to the fact that he had trouble with his hearing causing him to have trouble hearing phone calls. Then I realized that he rarely takes calls any more so I tried to rationalize Rush’s behavior in other ways.

I finally figured out what I was hearing from Rush that I had attempted to explain away. Rush does not have a belief in what he is saying! For years Rush was passionate and believable – I know I believed him. But now he tries to “ride the fence” and keeps trying to nudge an agenda every day. He is more subtle than some other radio hosts but Rush does not have the fire in his belly that he used to have. Listen to him closely as he wobbles around. He is obviously pushing an agenda that he has been paid to push.

Rush has become a sellout.😦
                (my opinion)

• stella says:

I disagree completely. I listened to Rush every single day for years (until I retired a year ago; now I don’t listen to anybody every day). Rush may have slowed down some, but I attribute that to maturity and a good marriage! He also is writing children’s books, which is something he never would have done a couple of years ago. I don’t think he’s pushing any agenda other than his own. Exactly who do you think he is selling out to, and why? He certainly doesn’t need the money. Taking sides between Republican candidates before the primaries are over isn’t his style. He has been favorable both to Trump and to Cruz, when I have listened.

• screwauger says:

No offense Stella but if you have not listened to Rush in a year, how can you have any valid input. Read my comments over the past few weeks. I am a devoted (was) Rush listener. He’s a turncoat and a shill for the establishment. Even if he is not, he is certainly not supporting Trump. I cancelled my Rush 24/7 account because I am fed up with his antics. I really do not understand how you can stick up for this man.

• stella says:

I said I don’t listen to anyone regularly. I listened to Rush yesterday.

My impression, listening now and then, is that he has been even-handed.

You think he doesn’t love your candidate, so he is now a “turncoat and a shill” for the establishment?

Funny, but supporters of other candidates believe he is supporting Donald Trump! (just search for “Rush supports Trump”, if you don’t believe me)

Even Sundance has written several posts in the past several months mentioning that Rush recognizes the splitter strategy, has touted Trump’s high poll numbers etc.

• screwauger says:

I’ve read every post of SD’s for several years. I would say, I don’t miss a thing on CTH. With all that information and knowledge I am capable of trusting my own intuition. I never said he has not tried to remain neutral or that he did not attempt to find good/bad in all candidates. I have given Rush a great deal of latitude and have accepted his need to try and stay well rounded regarding the time he gives each candidate. That said, from someone who has hung on his every word for years, there have been numerous subtle attempts to paint Trumps followers in the same light as more vocal opponents (Fox) and it has been SD’s contributions to this man’s mindset that allows me to “listen between the words.” I just don’t like what I am hearing and my intuition tells me to draw back. I have. I remain open minded but I am not going to pay a monthly fee to be called out and made fun of by the person taking my money.

• stella says:

I haven’t had 24-7 for years (I don’t think it’s necessary to get the info you need). Of course, you must do what you must, based on your own feelings. I doubt that Rush is “making fun” of you, but I can’t understand why you were giving him money all these years anyway. Maybe that’s why you feel “betrayed” when he doesn’t say what you want to hear.

• screwauger says:

Okay. So now I’m foolish and wrong. I believe I understand the object to this conversation. I will move along with my mind open. You can stay in your place and we will agree to disagree. I have much respect for you Stella but this is infuriating and I wish to take my marbles and go home now.

• stella says:

That’s fine. I can understand that when you put so much trust in one radio host, you feel betrayed. I don’t. I’m not belittling you, screwauger, just trying to understand why you feel it necessary to mount a campaign against Rush.

• Steele81 says:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Rush is establishment. I think it is like we say in our house, too many bull elk, meaning too many alpha males make for lots of conflict. It seems to me that Trump being the dominant man he is has put Rush’s nose out of joint a little.

• stella says:

I think he has been criticized lately for backing Trump, so he is easing off a bit on positive Trump stories.

• don welch says:

marriage ruined his grasp on common sense.

• Lucille says:

Stella, I still WATCH Rush every day via his website, and one thing he said recently is that he and Donald Trump play golf together and are friends. In no way does he hate Mr. Trump nor is he disrespectful of him as a person.

I don’t think Rush is as fully informed on Cruz as he should be. However, Cruz supporters are constantly telling him that he is TOO FAVORABLE toward Mr. Trump. And Donald Trump’s supporters tell Rush that he is MORE THAN FAVORABLE to Cruz.

Rather than tearing down “The Big Voice On the Right”, let’s work toward bringing our man the victory. When he wins the nomination, supporting and working toward electing Mr. Trump will be Rush’s agenda.

• stella says:

Lucille, you and I are basically on the same page. My comments here are from almost two months ago, and Rush has said that Cruz is the most conservative candidate, but I always have believed that he likes Trump personally.

• don welch says:

rush slid down the pole when he got married.

• USA Patriot says:

To stella:
                Rush carried GWB’s liberal water for 8 long years and thus presented a “false face” of Conservatism, thus we got Obama.

GWB started off with NO Child Left Behind with Teddy Kennedy, was blatantly for open borders — called those against Nativists; was for outsourcing America — anyone against called a Protectionist; for Dubai Ports; let two Patriotic American Mexican guards rot in prison for several years; spent like a drunken sailor, enabled Global Banks to give out sub prime loans, allowed Bank of America to give loans to illegals; TARP; fought the Iraq war “like a liberal” for years “on the cheap: with small footprint and “strict rules of engagement”; and so on.

Rush now has been for months pushing Globalist and liar Ted Cruz while giving Pro-American Trump feint praise;

El-Rushbo — Conservative Globalist and always for his beloved GOPe no matter what he says to the contrary.

• stella says:

Baloney again. Who else should Rush have “carried water” for, as you put it, when W was President? Obama?

I know it’s fashionable these days to hate the Bush family as globalists, but that wasn’t the case for many years, except maybe for Ron Paul supporters. Rush has always supported the Republican candidates and office holders against the Democrats. I would be amazed if he didn’t.

He most certainly has NOT been pushing Cruz for months over Trump. You are imagining things, sir or madam. Do you know that there are those who think just the opposite – that he has been supporting Trump because Trump is his golfing buddy?

Conservative media talk show host giant Rush Limbaugh is endorsing Trump

Shares
                  A

Rush Limbaugh, who has been a consistent and enthusiastic defender of Donald Trump (if not someone who has endorsed him), has weighed in on Trump’s call for a ban on Muslim immigrants coming to America. Rush went on to say this:

“Oh, we’re panicking. What are they gonna think of us?” Do you know, folks, even Hamas…? Hamas is a terrorist group. Do you know that Hamas came out in opposition to Trump’s statement? That puts the Republican Party, the Democrat Party, and everybody else in the establishment and Obama on the same side Hamas is on. And over here all by himself is Donald Trump speaking out against it all.

• USA Patriot says:

Stella, that is the point — Rush has always been “Republicans vs Democrats” (his gig) instead of “America First vs America Last”, Trust me if Trump fails to honor his main promises I will protest much and Rush should have been pushing GWB to the right when he constantly veered left.

• stella says:

Let me ask you: have you always felt this way? Might it be that you have changed, and not Rush Limbaugh? If Trump had not decided to run, who would you have liked to see as the Republican nominee?

• doubledenvy says:

GWB could have veto all the aformentoned , as Obama has veto’d anything that does not follow Globalist Agenda.Not to many presidents calledEl Rushbo to wish him happy birthday on air, as W and his dad did. No Limbaugh, straddles the fence , teetering to the GOPe establishment side. It’s all right Stella , sill love you. As Chris Kyles dad said, ” There are sheep and there are Sheepdogs, Chris we are SHEEPDOGS”

• stella says:

If you are calling me a sheep, then you are “barking” up the wrong tree. I’ve never seen you here before.

• stella says:

Actually, I think Rush was being criticized for backing Trump (search the internet for articles about it – there are plenty), so he is probably trying to be more even handed.

• Guy K. says:

At this time a year ago, Rush sounded like he was all in on Scott Walker. Early in the summer, he sounded extremely supportive of Carly Fiorina. By this time, Cruz had announced his candidacy, but Rush said very little about Cruz. By late summer, Rush was championing Trump every day. It is only recently that he has seemed to gravitate toward Cruz.

• Nottakingthisanymore says:

I hate to admit that I to carried the GWB’s water during those 8 years. After the reelection I turned sick against the whole process. I turned off the news stopped reading the editorials. I watched this whole country devolve into a mess. I held my nose and voted. I voted straight party every time. I almost lost my Civic Soul. The passion for my country, the pride in my freedom almost gone.

Then a man came on the scene that gave me hope. Some my not believe as I do but GOD does send good men to restore broken dysfunctional situations.

Thank you Donald J. Trump.

• I lost respect for Rush years ago when he started bragging about playing golf with members of Congress, his phone access to then-Pres. G.W.Bush, etc. Seemed he was part of the club at last.

• Greg says:

Carried GWBs water. You can say that again. The last any conservative should have wanted anything to do with GW was about 2005. Rush supports him to this day. I don’t call talk shows but I would like to ask Rush if he will now admit that his support of NAFTA and GATT was wrong. We have plenty of data now to show that those were not trade deals at all. They are foreign county economy boosters and U.S. economy destroyers.

Notice that Rush will not state a position on the TPA. He knows better than to support it but he cannot admit his previous errors.

• Linden says:

I listen to Rush about 3-4 days a week, and he seems to be giving pretty broad coverage across the board, to all the candidates. Have been listening for the “bias” some say is present, I don’t hear it, just sayin’.

• Steele81 says:

Upthread you asked if not Trump then whom, which has given me a morning of reflection. I don’t like any of the other candidates, and have sworn I would never again hold my nose and vote. Why Trump? Not because I think he is perfect, nor the most conservative. I think it comes down to his tremendous love for the United States. I expect him to be a president who does the most good for our country. I also expect him to do many things that I won’t like. I pray that he becomes a statesman and not a politician.

• stringy theory says:

You must not pay attention to all the evidence of Rush’s sellout that has been posted here for several weeks. Suggest you go do some reading.

• Serpentor says:

He’s been pushing the “establishment is warming up to Trump” meme for a few days now. This is clearly, in my mind, exposing Rush. With that said, I’m still listening to him for the first time in about 15 years, but I’m far from convinced he’s genuine.

• stella says:

Here’s the lead transcript from yesterday, on his website:

Look, folks, you and I know the Republican establishment no more wants Donald Trump than they want Cruz. They don’t want either of them. But they hate Cruz. They despise Cruz, because they’re afraid of Ted Cruz. Trump, on the other hand, they don’t even think is a Republican. When you get right down to brass tacks, the people inside the Republican Party don’t even think he’s a Republican.

• doubledenvy says:

Cookie or is this Mr. Snerdley posting as Stella?

• stella says:

Who are you? I don’t know you, do I?

• stella says:

I looked up your comment history out of curiosity. Look like a “Jessica” commenter from early last year. That explains it.

• Joe says:

And neither does Rush. That’s point!

• stella says:

Do you expect him to come out for one or the other candidate? That would be naive. Rush has recently also been criticized for being too positive for Trump – even for endorsing him! Just goes to show that you can’t please everybody.

• USA Patriot says:

Stella just listening to Rush today and he is still pushing the brilliant Cruz — the same guy who sold out America on Obamatrade and Iran/Corker and if he could on Immigration too.

Rush also ridiculed Trump on his contention that he can make good deals with the Dems twisting it such that it will be a leftist deal, not a Pro-American deal, which is what Trump means. Reagan did this and always got 3/4 of a loaf. Reagan could do it because of his landslide victory and Red & Purple State Dems had too go along to keep their job.

Dubai Ports Rush is part of the Globalist right and thus talks at times in convoluted language trying to mix in Conservatism and make it sound palatable. But Globalism and Conservatism is like oil and water, for Globalism is International Socialism — a race to the bottom for our once beautiful America.

• stella says:

I’ll take a look at the transcript later.

• Rush said today he understood that Trump means he can work with dems to make deals that are good for America, saying later, Trumps book is Art of the Deal, not art of the compromise!

• Guy K. says:

But Trump himself has also been pushing the “establishment is warming up to me” meme lately, too. Witness his claim to being able to work with Nancy Pelosi.

• Curry Worsham says:

I think Rush puts his show first and doesn’t want to piss off half his audience by advocating for one candidate. I think he appreciates Trump’s skills but prefers the “true conservative” Cruz. He’s very good at appearing balanced.
                Levin, on the other hand, has tried to act like he is giving Trump a fair shake, but is unable to hide his conservative passion for Cruz. Make no mistake, he has, in so many words, endorsed Cruz.
                I’m not convinced about the advertising/money angle, yet.
                I look forward to listening Rush as I have for 25 years, but Levin is starting to wear thin.
                Hannity wore thin years ago.

• Lindenlee says:

Hannity has no courage. There are good callers in the radio show, with controversial but legitimate comments, and Sean will give them credit, but then he will NEVER put anything like that on the TV show. He toes the line for his masters. Boring, predictable, and dull.

Levin yells all the time, just wears me out, and uses his guests as verbal punching bags. Too egotistical. Rush does his best… I believe he is committed to truth, and that he listens to his listeners, and tries to present them with facts, trusting their intelligence. .

Folks, we are ALL VERY ANGRY about what has happened, our apparent powerless in the face of the destruction of our beloved country, but let’s not become unhinged, seeing bogeymen under every bed. Yes there are sneaky things going on, it’s a sign of the deep corruption of ALL our institutions. But I am seeing signs of people yielding to their worst suspicions and denigrating all who disagree with them, and casting aspersions on the character of those who have served them and us over the years, in spite of terrible attacks on them. Let us not stoop to that level.

Let us not tear each other apart and enforce some Orwellian NewSpeak on each other and on Rush, Levin, etc., just because we are angry. The mark of a civilized person is truth, objectivity, and governing of one’s passions… Not denying them, but governing them. Just sayin’

• Ralph Basinger says:

My question is why doesn’t Rush point out the tie ins Cruz has with the establishment, ie, voting for TPA and Corker amendment, and as Sundance just pointed out, Mitch’s lawyer and this lawers connection to anti Trump pro Cruz superpac

• nyflacon says:

I have been listening to Rush since 1988. I have to admit I am saddened that he is, at times now, ANTI TRUMP. He did go after Trump today on his deal making. He also echoed Cruz’s comment regarding “we have to stop Trump in Iowa or he coasts”. He was clever about it by not advocating it but he did say that if you are a conservative and don’t want Trump, you need to support Cruz in Iowa.

• Benson II says:

I disagree. I’m not willing to throw Limbaugh and his thirty years of telling the truth down the drain because of an unsubstantiated opinion. Limbaugh’s only problem nowadays is trying to stay neutral which in the present atmosphere is almost impossible. From what I’ve read Levin is all in for Cruz and has been for a long time. I don’t listen to him and haven’t over the years but his numerous books certainly didn’t shill for the establishment. Neither to my knowledge have total control over who their stations advertise for.

• Pretending to be neutral is dishonest. Everyone has a preference. Pretending one doesn’t is ridiculous.

• Linden says:

I think that Rush is trying to respect his listeners’ intelligence and bring all the evidence forward for them to form their OWN opinions. I think that’s as it should be. He respects his audience and trusts them to make their own decisions.

• In my opinion, it can be dangerous to put so much trust and faith in someone. Anyone. It can end very badly because regardless of what is in Rush’s heart, he is still only a man. He will make mistakes, he is subject to greed, he has emotions which can be manipulated.

It is better to accumulate the facts and thanks to the internet, we can find a lot of friends who can help us to understand those facts and discuss them.

• USA Patriot says:

Problem is Cruz is a “proven” Globalist backed by Globalist donors so Rush is giving a false conservative narrative and trying to torpedo the only Patriot in the race when America is on very thin ice. Rush needs to get his priorities straight — ratings or love of Country.

• louche9 says:

It’s possible that several weeks ago, it became clear to the anti-Trump brigade that there is a good chance Trump will win Iowa, and almost certainly win New Hampshire, so they’ve tried to get ahead of the game by paying for massive anti-Trump propaganda in South Carolina. As you said, the radio attacks weren’t happening, before.

• parteagirl says:

Yes, Zuckerberg’s Pro-Amnesty PAC is “Forward US” (or FWD.us)
          Sounds progressive to me.

Zuckerburg also funded Haley Barbou’s “Americans for a Conservative Direction”
          I remember hearing ads for this group all over Limbaugh and other conservative shows back in 2013.

• stella says:

I am confused why you bundle Rush Limbaugh in with Mark Levin. Do you actually listen to Rush Limbaugh?

I suggest you read the transcripts of his shows.

• USA Patriot says:

Rush is just more clever than Levin– Rush is the one who labeled Cruz as the only Thoroughbred Conservative and it is obvious Cruz is his favorite. He mixes in some Trump bones about how good he is with the media but never lauds Trump’s America(N) First message.

Rush is a proven Glolbalist — too many to repeat here but Dubai Ports is but one example. Rush calls Trump’s idea of Tariffs on Communist China Liberal even though our Founders embraced Tariffs to protect their beloved America from foreign influence.

• stella says:

Yes, Rush did call Cruz a thoroughbred conservative last October and said that if anything happened to Trump, we wouldn’t be shut out because Cruz was just behind him. I don’t see anything wrong with that. If Trump is shut out, I would rather have Cruz than Bush – or Rubio. If Trump is shut out, who is your choice?

• I think the point is, to paraphrase Nigel Farage, there isn’t a cigarette paper’s worth of difference between those other candidates.

They are all globalists. They will all cave to the Chamber of Commerce. Trump is the only one taking a genuinely pro-America position at all times.

The other guys aren’t second best but rather anti-American. That is the choice.

• stella says:

Perhaps. If I may ask, why do you take Trump at his word? I plan on voting for him myself, but all we know is what he tells us, after all.

• That is all anyone has.

I don’t normally operate on faith but I have a theory about people like Trump and I have seen this theory play out correctly many times.

Donald has done more in his life than most people could dream. He has money, fame, great kids, a beautiful wife.

What is left is legacy. That is what he has left to work for.

I believe he wants to be President. I believe he has been planning for this for a long time. I believe that if he gets in, he will move heaven and earth to improve things.

Ego is an incredible driver. The Donald loves his kids, he loves his empire and he loves his reputation. That is why he will try to do a good job. He has too much to lose if he bombs as President.

And even if he sucks, can it possibly be any worse than what we have today? Could it be any worse than TPA Ted trying to sell America out to the Globalists under the guise of Constitutional Conservatism?

• screwauger says:

I don’t think I’ve read a more well put paraphrase of how I feel about DT. Thank you. Besides the straw men being built in this thread have made it nearly impossible to have a rational discussion so thank you for bringing it back around to reasonable, rational outcomes of What We All Have Been Saying At CTH For Six Months.

• I explain my support this way…

I don’t know if Trump will keep his word. I know for a fact none of the others will!

I don’t know if electing Trump would be good for our Country. I know for a fact electing anyone else will be the end of our Republic.

I don’t know if electing Trump will allow us to correct any of the problems in our Country and government. I know for a fact electing anyone else won’t.

I don’t know about Trump. I know for a fact about all the rest.

• You’re great Laura.

• USA Patriot says:

Well if you would vote for amnesty Rubio I understand your love of Rush. Schumer loves Rubio too — not a dime;s worth of difference between Marco and Hillary.

I would write in Trump — Hillary is better than a Trojan Horse Republican sellout. At least her Anti-American stances is out in the open. UniParty Rubio — like voting for Chuck Schumer. Do not believe Cruz’s or Rubio’s campaign rhetoric.

• Anyone who thinks that Cruz would be an acceptable President clearly doesn’t understand who the CFR are, or what the NAU is.

Cruz would literally be the death of America.

The whole point of TPP and these big treaties like NAFTA are to do what happened in Europe. To create a government above the national governments. When that happens, the Constitution no longer matters. America becomes a client of an unelected global body.

It is serious business. Life and death for America and American values.

• stella says:

So, if Trump isn’t the nominee, and Cruz is (I don’t think that will happen, but just suppose) who will you vote for?

Don’t throw in the towel so quickly. There may be a battle, but the war isn’t over.

• Cruz will not be the nominee. Not unless a lot of stupid people get suckered into supporting him. I know people can be dense, but I am not sure they will be that dense in a large number.

Cruz is a liar, dangerously ambitious, and completely owned by his backers. His pretend play-fights with Mitch McConnell are shown to be BS by this very blog post.

• jtomka says:

I would write in Trump. As far as I am concerned, every other candidate whether democrat or republican are virtually the same as each other. America’s demise may occur faster with one candidate versus another but the end result will be the same. It may be more merciful to get it over with quickly rather than allowing us to bleed out slowly.

In my opinion, Trump is the only candidate who sees the external forces out to destroy our sovereignty and is willing to fight for America. I see Trump as the last hope for the United States of America. Just my opinion.

• Serpentor says:

I’ve been of the opinion that I would vote for Cruz if he were the nominee, but events over the last past week have caused me to rethink this. I think at this point, I’d probably abstain if Cruz were the nominee. That’s how much damage he’s inflicting on his image.

• xymbaline says:

Stella, let me take a middle position here. I’ve listened to Rush since the mid-90’s, and have been a daily listener the last couple of years. From Trump’s entrance into the race, Rush has devoted an amazing amount of time, sometimes 2 of his 3 hours, in explaining Donald Trump. It was really fine work, and I would read the transcripts to my wife a couple of times a week.

However, over the last four weeks or so (roughly) Rush has almost spun on a dime. Now he mentions Cruz along with nearly every mention of Trump, and if you know Rush, which I feel pretty confident of, you can hear the attitudinal change in his voice and presentation. Also, there are Ted Cruz ads running during his show.

My wife, who is Greek and new to American politics, finally got to listen to Rush live, and wouldn’t you know it, it came right as Rush was making the change. She was shocked since Rush was not saying anything like the articles I’d been reading to her. I’ve had to turn him off after 10-20 minutes a number of times.

Something is different with Rush now.

• stella says:

The ads are run by your local affiliate, xymbaline, I would lay money on it. If you expect Rush to stick with one candidate, then I’m very surprised. Keep listening. I don’t always listen, but I do read the transcripts which is sometimes easier for me to understand.

• SharonKinDC says:

None but Trump, Stella. Period. As for Rush, I consider him and the rest as entertainment. If I listen, I’ll get some news, but also… opinion. After all, that’s what they’re about. As for the opinion, I find Rush to be far brighter than Levin or Hannity and he’s perfectly capable of subtly shading his commentary. With a candidate as popular as Trump, he’ll not come out and directly bash him. Instead, he may gentle steer the listener in such a way they don’t realize they’ve been ‘steered’. For example: Discussing Trump…and adding in Cruz, when Cruz had zip to do with the story. Since Cruz doesn’t make headlines as often, this helps add weight to Cruz and gently aligns Cruz w/ Trump’s positions… when that’s not really the truth in each case, especially when one drills down to a more granular level.

One exception: Savage appears to be a pretty straight shooter. Not for everyone as a brash New Yorker. I find him interesting and erudite. Also, he goes beyond the Rush-Levin-Hannity topical selection.

• stella says:

I really despise Savage. Sorry. Every time I try to listen to him, he’s bashing some other person, and he goes on and on and on …. No, I don’t mind the NY style, but the gratuitous nastiness shown towards others. Not all New Yorkers are nasty, you know.

You are probably aware that Rush has also, on other sites, been criticized for supporting Trump. Do a bit of an internet search, if you haven’t looked before.

• SharonKinDC says:

Well, Stella, considering I spend a good 10+ hrs a day researching all things Trump, I’m covered, but thanks anyway.

• stella says:

Wow, you must be the internet expert, then! 10 hours a day? Are you a Rush Limbaugh expert too? You must have seen the articles I am referring to, then.

You know, there are such things as “opinions”.

• Joe says:

I have been following this commentary re: Rush. At first the saying “none are so blind as those who refuse to see,” came to mind, then your last comment nailed it for me. “If not Trump who are you voting for (paraphrased)”… Stella the answer is NO ONE because they are ALL the same regarding OUTCOME. Rush’s close ranks, hold your nose and vote Republican BS is one of the reasons we are in this Uniparty mess. Rush has been playing us for years!

• stella says:

????? I think you are delusional.

• stella says:

Rush Limbaugh is a radio host who expresses his opinions, takes phone calls, and makes lots of money. He is what he is. If you have been “played”, it isn’t because Rush Limbaugh has lied to you. It means that you have changed your mind, and no longer agree.

• grainofsalt says:

highinformationvoter, “Cruz would literally be the death of America.”

I agree.

• nyflacon says:

I have been listening to Rush since 1988. I have to admit I am saddened that he is, at times now, ANTI TRUMP. He did go after Trump today on his deal making. Rush said very damningly “So Presidents are deal makers, that’s what the founding fathers wanted” OK great. He also echoed Cruz’s comment regarding “we have to stop Trump in Iowa or he coasts”. He was clever about it by not advocating it but he did say that if you are a conservative and don’t want Trump, you need to support Cruz in Iowa.

• stella says:

That’s his opinion, apparently, if that is what he said. I’ll read the transcript later. That’s the beauty of our country. We are able to listen to opinions of all kinds, then make up our own minds.

• nyflacon says:

Opinions are fine. But he would be more transparent, if he just came out in favor of Cruz. I’ve loved listening to him for years, but I can’t now.

• stella says:

What if you’re wrong? You assume he is in favor of Cruz, and maybe he is. I think he would be wrong to endorse at this point. That’s the reason I disagree with Mark Levin.

• nyflacon says:

Perhaps, but he has to walk a very fine line, and so far he is failing at that. I was there 4 years ago when Romney was hammering everyone, especially Newt. Rush said that Romney really didn’t seem conservative. However, Rush never came to Newts defense, he felt let the chips fall. Levin was the same, he didn’t get involved. They both have decided to jump in this election cycle. Your talking to a former Rush 24-7 guy. Right now I will NOT listen to either 1. Convey that message.

• stella says:

I never listen to Levin, and only had a 24-7 membership for one year. I listen to whomever I like, including a local conservative talker. Isn’t freedom grand?

I listen and decide – I’m not married to any of these guys and neither should you be. They are pundits. I don’t think it helps either them or us to be outright shills for a particular political campaign.

• screwauger says:

This has been my point. It’s been subtle and only the willfully blind would not detect it. He may not come out against Trump but he sure does not publicly recognize the establishment ties of Cruz and often lets screened callers (which Snerdley tells him what they want to say) expound against his unchosen candidate. The “slick-handed” nature of the perceived deciet is what has got my goat. Like I said, Rush thinks we’re stupid and that gets him a stiff middle finger from me.

• grainofsalt says:

• bpk1300 says:

Mark Levin used to provide legal opinion for Rush Limbaugh. Not sure when that relationship was severed. Rush used to call him F Lee Levin.

• different between night and day
          r rush & mark both r NEEDED
          NOW let’s move on
          Cruz attorney general
          Rubio Sec of Health and Human Services
          Perry USA tourists welcoming committee in south Texas

• zzschnops says:

I listen to rush lump jaw all the time. Starting with the first gulf war.

Generally rush is entertaining and anti liberal.

but every election cycle he refuses to endorse a candidate, while using stealth to endorse one candidate and try to undercut all the others. He is subtle… like Scott Adams describes wizards.

today rush is letting a lady go on and on about not trusting Trump because he will negotiate with the dems. I believe you need to negotiate deals, that is why we are electing a great deal maker.

rush ends the call and says that is an excellent point! he (rush) does not want anyone who will work with the dems… calls them appeasers, and insinuates that Trump will just give in to the dems so that people won’t call him names. The same crap rash lump jaw always pushes

rush is a rash.. needs to be cured, or erased, or retire. he is a loser

Trump 2016

• the5thranchhand says:

Yes, on today’s show Rush seemed to be very pro Cruz, even playing a very select portion of Cruz’s speech to the pastors in Iowa. And, playing a clip of Trump saying he would be able to make deals with congress as President. Rush was not happy about that in the least, stating that Trump’s supporters would not be in favor of that either.

Then he went on to say that the police in Sweden had not be able to rescue a young boy that was being raped in a refugee camp because a mob of refugees had overwhelmed them, even though the police had guns. He stumbled around trying to describe the attackers without saying ‘radical’, ‘islam’, or ‘terrorist’.

If Trump is not the nominee I will vote for him as a write-in candidate.

• BenY says:

I have been listening to Limbaugh for almost 20 years, and simply heard what I wanted to hear tuning out his nuanced globalist push. He is very adept at sneaky rhetoric. and is almost subliminal. A diiti head will never catch on. I lost respect for him when he threw Gingrich under the bus to pave the way for his GOPe guy Romney. Limbaugh never endorses in primaries, he just throws darts from cover.

😀

That’s the beauty of freedom of speech. He can speak – you don’t have to listen.

• zzschnops says:

Most of my life I spent time writing letters to the editor that never got published and cussing out the radio and tv.

freedom of speech means nothing if you don’t get to speak.

that is why I love the treehouse

those on the radio have been using their position of power to try to brainwash us for years… listen to them… and speak back HERE, where people will listen and talk to you… not talk over you

that is the basis of this new rebirth of America… Thank you Donald, for leading the charge

Trump 2016

• John Galt says:

“didn’t Ted Cruz say McConell lied to him and that is the only reason he voted for ObamaTrade?”

Smartest guy in the room:

McConell tricked him into voting for TPP

He didn’t know he was voting on subsidized crop insurance until the guy from Kansas made him flip his vote

Voted Yes on Corker Iran deal because he opposes Iran deal

Supports renewable fuel standards (mandatory ethanol) because he opposes mandatory ethanol

• have u ever dropped peppermint on a warm counter top ?
          it melts red and STAINS it for ever. sometimes when rewarmed it SMELLS !
          BUT, we need a BUSH in south Flordia. He will run the Everglades. They import more illegals than any swamp in the world. he can be King and assign trackers, prison keepers and chain gang leader. Jeb speaks espanol u know and kerry served in vietnam

• Serpentor says:

That speech went viral, but when I saw it, I saw a serpent in the garden. Cruz is crazy smart, but it’s not used in a good way.

• Howie says:

They lie.

• Jason says:

ouch… the personality issue and inability to play nice seems to be the only truly consistent thing about Ted

• Toronto Tonto says:

This part of the story was hilarious:

As for Bush himself, he took to calling Cruz, “Theodore.”

“Perhaps because I came off as super-serious,” Cruz wrote in his 2015 autobiography, A Time for Truth. “I don’t know if he assumed that was my full name, which it is not, but it didn’t really matter for his purposes.”

W had his number! Phony, smarmy, backstabbing butt kisser.

4. AdukeLAXobserver says:

How many days have we heard the establishment is now for Trump? And now it is revealed a Mitch McConnell toadie is running a Ted Cruz super pac.

• we r all family helping those we like and some we L O V E

• Lindenlee says:

Look, didn’t Sundance (and others) talk about how that SuperPAC money was going to be moving around, now that Bush was pretty much out of the running? They will use this to elevate one over the other to keep everything off balance, with the eventual goal of getting an Establishment candidate in the end? What about that strategy?What if they are doing this to discredit Cruz? The candidates cannot by law have contact with the SuperPAC. And these new SuperPACS are popping up overnight. What if one of those would give money to Trump? Too many moving parts right now.

• lumoc1 says:

“What if they are doing this to discredit Cruz?”

Did somebody unauthorized by Cruz file his financials forgetting the preferential rate bank loans and did Cruz sue that person?
        Has the same person or somebody else changed Cruz’s birth certificate from being born in USA to being born in Canada?
        I did not use /s because I do not want to offend

5. Polar Vortex says:

Trump, imho, is moving more to the center now, and his bearing is becoming more presidential. He has always alluded to this (I know big words, I get along with everybody…..). I believe Charles Krauthammer is right, if just one current congressman comes out and supports Trump, it will start a flood, and game over, Trump gets the nomination. Will be interesting to see which congressman/woman breaks first.

6. coltlending says:

These Super PAC’s are really bad.

They have resulted in politicians ignoring the electorate and and politicians coddling PAC’s for money. The whole thing is set up to be money driven for politicians and the stakeholders in the Election Industry, rather then representation of the people.

They write laws that limit individual contributions and limit the political parties and PAC’s to sums of money much higher, thus stifling the will of the people and giving the PAC the advantage.

Politicians love it. They don’t have to hustle. Put out their positions. Campaign grassroots as Trump has been doing. They sit back, sell their influence and the money comes to them.

Trump shows that at some point the money isn’t enough when the electorate becomes fed-up enough with the damage wrought by a Uniparty Washington. Just as occurred with the grassroots Tea Party uprising, you can be sure the Uniparty is working feaverishly to write campaign finance and other laws to make the electorate impotent.

We must defeat them and not settle for anything less then 100 percent transparency in political campaign financing and their media spending.

• stringy theory says:

We were actually better off before Citizens United, even if the unions were free to do their thing. Big money means that elected officials of both parties in Congress are no longer responsive to the voters. I’d like to see President Trump for the sell-outs in Congress to pass legislation stopping this SuperPac business.

• boojum says:

There is only one way to get big money out of political campaigns, and that is to limit the size and scope of the Federal Government.

• woohoowee says:

I remember Trump saying during the first debate that (paraphrasing) some good people on the stage could make some bad decisions because of the Super PAC’s. We already knew about the Super PAC’s because of Sundance & Crew, but Trump saying that told a whole bunch of Americans who didn’t know what they need to be looking into.

7. jimbob says:

.@marklevinshow Have you taken any advertising $$ from SRCP Media?

Why wouldn’t he, if they are willing to pay for it? He’ll take advertising from Trump too

• MissV says:

The question remains: are there strings attached to the bucks?

• coltlending says:

It’s not so much that Levin is taking money in political advertising, it’s who the advertising is for and who the financiers are.

If I was not a fan of Cruz and I contributed to McConnell, I wouldn’t be happy about what Sundance has shown.

As a citizen, period, it stinks.

• Look at the amount of spending on radio advertising vs digital advertising. That coupled with Levin’s family member working for Cruz’s central command. Coincidence? I think not.

• stella says:

While I believe that Levin should have publicly mentioned the connection, the young man who works on Cruz’s Washington staff (not campaign) is not a family member, but the son of his future wife. It’s important to be truthful and correct.

Do we know who the radio advertising dollars went to? I don’t think we do. I don’t listen to Levin (I don’t like his style). Is he running ads for Ted Cruz?

• I apologize. Soon to be a Levin family member but the connection is still there. And yes, many posters have confirmed that Mark Levin is running ads for Ted Cruz.

• Benson II says:

Is he personally running ads or is his station running ads. Is there a difference if so how can you tell?

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

They have confirmed they heard ads on his show. Not that he is running them. They could be being played by local stations that broadcast his show. Now if they are hearing them on a internet stream than maybe he is running them. But people who listen to local stations may never hear them. And for the record I don’t like Levin.

• mark levin and romance who would have thunk it ?
            human beings and not just dog loving
            r BEST are showing bright this season of watchers

• stella says:

It is most likely the local affiliate who is contracting for the ads, rather than the national talk show. You could verify that with your local station.

• BenY says:

It’s just like Limbaugh and the others. It’s no problem taking ad money, where the deception comes in is when they claim to be unbiased, not endorsing, and then stealthily push their man, while subtly demeaning the others. They count on the fact that we are stupid and will blindly follow the piper.

• stella says:

The ads, for the most part, are placed with the local stations, not with the nationally-syndicated radio shows, like Limbaugh’s or Levin’s.

As for “blindly follow the piper”, speak for yourself. Listen to a variety of opinions, and make your decisions based on that. We are fortunate to live in a country where a variety of opinions is easily obtainable.

8. Bull Durham says:

Quinnipiac Poll out in Iowa. Unchanged from last poll.
    Trump 31, Cruz 29.

This defies reason. How could the Governor’s statement and Sarah Palin make zero impact at the top.

To report stasis during the most tumultuous week of the campaign is like saying the Earth didn’t move during a 7.5 earthquake.

How much money did it cost to hold Cruz up and Trump down?

Even the X-Files would have a hard time making a script out of this fiction.

The Truth Is Out There.

• NJF says:

Makes no sense. The only thing I can think is they’re hoping Cruz kills it at the debate, and it will change the tide.

• Bull Durham says:

With Kelly, and the rest of Fox helping him, should be easy to shave Trump and boost the Maple Leaf. They are clearly behind Rubio and anti-Trump, and the only tool they have is Cruz.

Should be a dangerous debate for Donald.

But Rubio and Bush and Kasich will be hell-bent for some impact and they could spoil everything.

Where’s the audience in this?
        Iowa Center is the site. How many of Cruz’s evangelicals versus Trump’s people are going to be in the audience?

RNC has rigged every audience so far.

Maybe this one will give out tickets only to subscribers to National Review.

• boutis says:

All Trump has to do is ask him how the lawsuits are coming along. And if Heidi will be CEO of Goldman Sachs if he wins the presidency. And then wink at the camera.

9. NJF says:

Hello all, been MIA due to snow, snow, snow and everyone in the house getting sick at the same time! Been trying to keep up though. This newest revelation doesn’t come as a surprise.

Watching FBN right now, and there was just an ad against Cruz. Not sure who is behind it as I was laughing too hard to catch which SuperPac is involved.

Anyway, it’s about all his flip flopping; ethanol, immigration, refugees, Snowden…the reason? The ad asks, “because he wants your vote.”

Then a single word begins to appear across the screen, letter by letter…

CalculaTED…….Ted in huge, red, caps. Too funny

10. Hoosier_Friend? says:

I am completely shocked – Not surprised but unequivocally shocked by this. The destruction from within is unconscionable. They are ALL traitors!

• stringy theory says:

I agree, they are all traitors and members of the uniparty that doesn’t give a damn about the USA. It’s all about their money and power to tell us how we will live our lives.

11. coltlending says:

📢 Clean up in Aisle L!

12. chasingfacts says:

To think so many gave their lives to have a bunch of fakirs and thieves guiding this nation
    is unconscionable. Unethical, unprincipled, indefensible, unforgivable are the words that come to mind to describe them.

13. wanda mason says:

so let me get this right. if you are a lawyer for one person, you cant do anything that might support anyone else. because he was mcconnell lawyer he isnt supposed to be against golden boy trump. what a crock of bull.

• boutis says:

If Rich Lowery’s nose gets any pointier and higher in the air he is going to need a pencil sharpener for it. And when on Fox the makeup they use (white ghost shoe polish or something) makes him look like a feverish red eyed ghoul. I think he is losing weight too. NR went all or nothing on this stunt and they are going to get nothing. Nation Journal went kaput and fired most their staff just lately (liberal) so it is NR’s turn.

14. Scoob says:

Good analysis. Thanks for finding and publicizing this information.

15. debi says:

Yesterday on Rush’s show he gave out a “friend” of his website www.
    leadershipprojectforamerica.org as an unbiased comparison of the candidates. The only candidate to get an A grade was Rubio with Cruz, Fiorina and Bush given B grades. Trump with an F grade! Turns out it is Leadership for America PAC. On their Facebook page they are all in for Cruz! This seems to be Rush’s under the radar attempt in supporting Cruz!

16. fb274 says:

WHERE is it written an attorney has to have the same political views as a client. Just because a PAC is set up and points out comments made by Trump or Rubio that are different from your viewpoint does NOT prove any ties to McConnell. Stretching to get a connection???

• boutis says:

At that level it doesn’t happen. If it was a state senator or some mayor from Hooterville that was his client it would be different. The Senate majority leader in cahoots with the national CoC? No he works for and only for them. No split loyalties allowed even for lawyers at that level. And he is a flunkie.

• winky says:

So do you think this attorney would go work for Trump?……He has the business he has because of McConnell and the business he gets from McConnell….so you think McConnell would hire him if he did not have the same political views as him…..I doubt it….do you think that this attorney does not know what a dirt bag McConnell is?…I think so…..do you think that good guys and bad guys hang out together?…do not think so.

• John Galt says:

No ties to McConnell? You doth protest too much.

“Lycan served as Counsel for Senator Mitch McConnell’s re-election campaign in 2014 and advised on Election Day Operations, Election Integrity and efforts to get voters to the polls. He was the Chairman of Lawyers for Team Mitch, a group of attorneys supporting and volunteering for McConnell.”

17. Curry Worsham says:

Scarborough: “I’m sorry, but suddenly the establishment lane just looks like an off ramp to Loserville.” LOL!

18. kinthenorthwest says:

The list on Cruz just keeps getting longer, especially the list of Cruz’s similarities to Obama
    8 years of a one foreigner in the White House is enough for me … No more foreign born people as POTUS.

19. helenerbrown says:

Sundance, you have been warning us that this would get ugly, but I wasn’t prepared for this hatred. You have shown us why it will be so through analysis and facts but I didn’t comprehend the extent of this hatred especially from his own party. I am so very sad and for now, the TV is off and this is the only site I can visit.

• zzschnops says:

helenbrown, this too shall pas. Try not to let it all upset you.

but do not insulate yourself from it.. listen, and remember all the rest of your life

cold anger

20. Howie says:

Mitch and Teddy are playing footsie behind the screen

21. fred says:

There are so many pantomime players in all this it’s nearly impossible to tell who double dealing and who is saying one thing to make you think another. I think Cruz is a master of this and may be something the GOPe created as a deflection. Oh how much he hates the establishment. But when the sheets are pulled back there he is……. I stopped thinking and go into using my senses now to try to read who is doing what. The Glen Beck FOX news is a new nexus and who is the real vote splitters for Jeb are the big questions. Who is the real Ted Cruz is a tough question and I can’t put my finger on it but my red flags are going off on him… Just my own opinion.

• Toronto Tonto says:

You knew when Cruz passed TPA then called McConnell a liar on the senate floor. Total kabuki. Poor Rand, though. He sold his soul to the turtle and got passed over for the Canadian weasel.

• zzschnops says:

ConstipaTED is not anti establishment any more than he is anti anyone else.

This is all part of the plane for a world wide government with a world wide religion with pastorTED as a theocrat… government and church uniTED.

we need a Hinkley

Trump 2016

22. Martin says:

23. Skip says:

If Donald Trump does not win the Republican nomination and the presidency the same people who are the so called leaders of the GOP and continue to jump through the same hoops they are doing now and not helping those who voted for them. Donald Trump 2016.

24. Stupid (?) question: Isn’t Mitch McConnell the Republican Senate Majoirity Leader that Ted Cruz took to the Senate floor and called him a liar? How is that McConnell is now helping Cruz? I smell a rat! A whole nest of them!

25. Steve Nickerson says:

“These FACTS, not suppositions, ”
    You assume Eric Lycan is still in the McConnell camp
    To say McConnell supports Cruz is ridiculous considering all their history

26. We have RNC trolls herein within now.

Let us all say hi,

Hi, we are the ones who are using 2 X 4 Donald Trump up aside your heads to get your attention that we are on to the Two Party Evil Money Cult and its lust for wage/vote slaves, total power by lies and fraud, and we will force you or new leaders to deal with the $30 Trillion in short term debt, the $200 Trillion in never to be funded fraud, the devaluing of the dollar, the Climate Change lies.

Have a nice day, report back that “its those people”.

27. b&j says:

i pray for trump during the debate as he looks tired and we are just tired listening to all his rallies and he must be tired to remain energized putting america first for my birthday my husband changed his status from independent to republican which is a first in 48 years and we are ready to vote for trump all that matters is our votes not for the election coming up later but first and foremost this primary and if all of us can get one or two persons to vote for trump we can override all the mean spirited attacks we do not watch fox nor listen to limbaugh but instead do laura or michael savage and once in a while judge janine

28. Trumped says:

Friends… Rush is an anti american shill. All the info about anti american globalist Cruz is out. A guy like Rush has to know it. Tune out and dump the habit of listening to him.

29. winky says:

If Trump could show a tie to McConnell by Cruz directly that would certainly doom Cruz…..everyone knows what a snake McConnell is and is pretty hated , that is why Cruz had hidden his alliance with him.

30. boojum says:

Listened to Rush for a few minutes — heard a clarion call for conservative Iowa voters to coalesce around Cruz as only way to stop Trump momentum. This was thinly disguised as simply a report on “brilliant campaign strategy.” It was a clarion call.

Sorry, Stella. I’m trying to be objective about Rush, but I think the “tell” is what he doesn’t report i.e. the Beck debacle,outed establishment ties etc., etc, etc.

• zzschnops says:

rush lump jaw is always happiest when a dem wins. If you check you will see his audience always is bigger when a dem is in whitehouse. Rash is for his pocket, not America

TRUMP 2016

• Betty says:

And DUMP the rest – every last one of them.

Trump and Dump 1

• Bull Durham says:

Rush has no way to entertain but when the opposition is in power. He might not even realize it. But for decades this has been the case.

His greatest joy is when he can lead the “outside” crowd. That is why he does not know what to do if a true outside force like Trump wins. What relevance will Rush be?

Well, he can sell a freighter full of children’s books, teach Am. History, and help drive out every last traitor in Congress and help shape the future of America.

Rush just can’t see himself part of the process. His game is endlessly carping about the evil. He’s rich and famous because of it. When you can garner a $150 million dollar contract and you are the best, you don’t want anything to change.

Conservative values? That’s just preservationism. Like any fossil lover, you love the inert.

Make America Great Again gives conservatives an opportunity to strengthen their own immovable principles, but they want to lose rather than save the nation from ruination.

No conservative true, blue, consistent or “principled” will ever win the Presidency.
        That’s too narrow a path for such a heterogenous population the size of America.

But pure patriotic popularism can and will win this time.

• NCPatriot says:

I heard that too–and changed the station. Later I went back and a life-long Iowa Conservative made a strong case for the issues Trump holds which ARE conservative. Then this guy said “what we have is a third party candidate running as a Republican”

Rush got very excited—saying “That was insightful —you are right. That is EXACTLY what we have”

He also defended Trump on the comments about being able to work with the Democrats. Rush said our constitution REQUIRES the president to do this. He said Trump is a good deal maker. His book is NOT called the “Art of the Compromise” It is called “The Art of the Deal;. (Trump holds lots of chips—-b/c he has donated lots to Dems over the years.)

• nyflacon says:

I commented on it also and you are absolutely correct imho.

• OneWingedShark says:

I think that 2012 was the point he proved how compromised he is: remember how he all of a sudden became pro-Romney?

31. winky says:

Right now BB shows Cruz showing huge losses among Evangelicals and YUGE Trump gains!!

32. dizzymissl says:

A Cruzer just told me on twitter they are fine with him going against the constitution and using executive actions like Obama did since it will be in our favor.

I’m flabbergasted.

33. yohio says:

Stella,
    why ask others here if not Trump then who, if you have been here long enough you know there is
    no difference between all the rest of them. It’s one giant unitary and the country is going to go to he** No need to defend Cruz, a lot of our votes or support won’t go to anyone but Trump. Know one who reads here all the time and is smart and gets what is going on is going to tow the republican company line anymore.Regardless of Rush bias or not at this point it needs to be assumed they’re all against us if not helping. To support any establishment candidate goes against what we’re trying to accomplish

• screwauger says:

Great point. Like the linked post of SD’s that states “Rush gets the splitter strategy.” If that is/was true then his subtle support of Cruz is even more suspect. As I said upthread, the inability to see this is willful. In fact it may be more than that, who knows. The trollish nature of today’s open Election Thread is upsetting to say the least. And the silence is even more concerning. To answer the oft repeated question, I would write in Trump and pray the dems win it if our side finds a way to offer up another RINO/AMINO. Let it burn is what I say. It’s going to take that much awakening or we’re all going down saying “told ya so.”

34. jakee308 says:

Bingo! and the curtain is drawn back to reveal the people (person) behind the facade.

Beware of the lying media and the liars who manipulate them.

Cruz is a crypto insider as I suspected. There solely to distract and divide. And he’s done a fairly good job considering. If it weren’t for Trump just think where we’d be today; about to elect Jeb Bush or maybe even Rubio to a term guaranteed to lock in the invaders votes and bring more potential jihadis to this country.

They’re like vampires folks; they can only enter if you invite them. So don’t invite them in to the country. Look at what’s happening in Europe. Europe will be at least in turmoil for years if not taken over and most definitely will have hundreds of terror incidents. All due to their PC Liberal philosophy that disregards reality and the truth.

No more. Down with the GOP and the DNC. Up with Trump and out with the invaders.

35. Joe Coamo says:

I hope you guys send this to Trump and his staff and everyone who’s in the media supporting him!!!! It’s so important!!! Oh also, ”Cruz: I Forgot Ties to Overseas Holding Company” 3 DAMN LOANS!!!! CRUZ IS A FAKE!! http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Cruz-Overseas-Holding-Company/2013/10/18/id/531883/ We don’t need another lawyer politician, i’m tired of these liars!!!

36. stringy theory says:

I know those of us who follow Sundance and TCH know Cruz is a GOPe hack, but this story should make it clear even to those who have remained willfully clueless.

37. Jill says:

McConnell’s Super PAC “Senate Leadership Fund:

“Allies of Senator Mitch McConnell, the new majority leader, are moving to impose order on the profusion of Republican outside groups that have sprung up over the last two years by setting up a “super PAC” devoted exclusively to helping Republicans keep control of the Senate in 2016.

“The new group, known as the Senate Leadership Fund, will seek to become the main vehicle for donors wanting to help Mr. McConnell’s fledgling majority. Like the outside groups that supported Mr. McConnell’s re-election campaign in Kentucky last year, the Senate Leadership Fund will work in tandem with American Crossroads, the most prominent Republican super PAC, which is led by Mr. McConnell’s former chief of staff Steven J. Law. Mr. Law will sit on the board of the new organization, and the two groups will coordinate advertising purchases, messaging and fund-raising efforts, though they will not necessarily use the same vendors to buy advertising.”

38. ImpeachEmAll says:

39. eph415 says:

This is the Typical Liberal Smear I would Expect from RINOs against ANY Conservative Leaning Candidate; but given Ted Cruz has the BEST, MOST Consistently, Action-Oriented, Record as a Principled, Christian, Constitutionalist, Conservative Candidate, I REALLY KNEW a Hailstorm with Golf-Balls like this one, were coming. Ted Cruz is the ONLY one still Running [other than Santorum] who Understands ALL of what is needed in the WH to Restore our Republic to Freedom & Prosperity for the Long Term. Trump MIGHT Really mean to Stop Amnesty & bring Sanity to the Budget & Economy, but he will ONLY be able to HEal the wounds Superficially, because he Does Not understand the Nature of what Ails America, only the symptoms. Our problems are Spiritual, and they CAUSE the more obvious symptoms of Lost Jobs, Poverty, Bad Immigration Policy, poor Border Enforcement, the Lack of a Serious Boundary at the Border, Deficit Spending, a Weak Economy, and So much More than Trump has any clue.

40. Sundance I think CNN ripped off your story but they didn’t do as good of a job as you did. Drudge tweeted this today. I tweeted your story in response.

41. BabyBoomer says:

I just came across something very interesting about Teddy worm boy. Can anyone really ‘know’ Cruz? How deep must we dig until he is laid bare? And we know he speaks with forked tongue, but here’s one more for the pile. http://www.texastribune.org/2012/07/03/ted-cruzs-gay-billionaire-donor-draws-criticism/

42. flowerbelle says:

How can we get this information dispersed all over the place?

43. David Janes says:

I have known for months that the Cruzs are phonies. She is a high official in Goldman Sacks who caused the depression of 2008 and the new world order curently working on the Nortth American Union. Teds bible is from a cult called 7 mountains domionism who wish to turn the world into a theocracy by force from the top down with Ted as the leader.
    This new stuff only conferms that congress is on the take and fears that Trump will stop the graft because he knows where it is and they can’t control him.