The first advocacy for “The Safari Principle” surfaced prior to the George Zimmerman trial, in the summer of 2012, when the professionally aggrieved first began the meme: “He shouldn’t have gotten out of his car”.

Historically we used to blame the victim by saying he/she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, politically it became too difficult to define where the wrong places were, and simultaneously legislators continued to struggle defining the right vs. wrong times people were allowed to be in these places.

In order to protect the criminal class a more specific rule was needed.

zimmerman threat 2

After various opinions were considered eventually the advocates settled upon The Safari Principle – A selected narrative used throughout 2012/2013 as a point of advocacy driving home the belief that George Zimmerman had no right to follow, then exit his vehicle, when he saw a suspicious Trayvon Martin peering through windows and casing houses.

The “Safari Principle” evolved to further claim ‘if you do get out of your car, you deserve what you get’ with the implication by the left-wingers’  that young black males cannot control their behavior.

Shortly after the grievance advocates of Ben Crump, Natalie Jackson, Daryl Parks and the congressional black caucus announced their own support for the Safari Principle – another incident surfaced in Virginia when two reporters for the Virginia Pilot stopped, and exited, after their car was hit by bricks.

The couple was attacked by a mob of somewhere between 30 to 100 young black males while shouting “justice for Trayvon”.  After the reporters left the hospital the Virginia Pilot editorial team quickly apologized for not following the Safari Park rules, accepted the beating of their reporters was the fault of the couple who stopped their vehicle, and the newspaper promised they would join the advocacy movement.

big mike 3Fast forward through several more examples to August of 2014 and Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson exited his vehicle after Mike Brown punched him in the head and tried to gain his service revolver. The meme of The Safari Principle was quick to surface again, LOUDLY.

Officer Darren Wilson had no right to get out of his car after the attack.

By exiting his SUV Wilson was to blame for Mike Brown charging him in the street. Again reaffirming the liberal belief that young black males cannot control their behavior.

Subsequently the grievance advocates pointed out Officer Wilson was ultimately to blame for shooting Mike Brown. If Wilson had followed the Safari Principle Mike Brown would still be alive today.

Zemir Begic exited his vehicle in the vicinity of three young black males who beat him to death with hammers. Begic would be alive today if he had only followed The Safari Principle rules.

So it comes as no surprise to see The Safari Principle meme now being used in South Carolina against police officer Michael Slager:

(Via Post and Courier) The North Charleston police officer who shot and killed Walter Scott after stopping him and a passenger for a traffic violation should have stayed with the car rather than run after Scott, a legal expert and former police officer said Monday.

“This is a matter of police practice, not a legal issue. Legally, there’s nothing wrong with an officer chasing a fleeing driver and leaving the passenger. It’s just not a great idea in most cases,” said Seth Stoughton, an assistant professor at the University of South Carolina School of Law.  (more)

Officer Slager chasing Walter Scott was a clear violation of The Safari Principle.

south carolina 3walter scott 1

This entry was posted in Abusive Cops, Agitprop, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, media bias, Mike Brown Shooting, Notorious Liars, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Tony Robinson Shooting, Trayvon Martin, Typical Prog Behavior, Walter Scott Shooting. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to South Carolina Legal Experts Advocate For “The Safari Principle” – Officer Slager Should Have Stayed In His Car… And Not Chased Walter Scott…

1. lovemygirl says:

All of these arguments place the emphasis on the criminal’s safety, not that of the law abiding public and officer

• Be Ge says:

That is the whole point of socialism/communism. The Soviet system almost outlawed self-defense for this particular reason and to this day a problem exist whereby the victim of a violent crime can go to jail for too much of a success with self-defense / retaliation. This is a class-based thing — a petty criminal, such as a thief or robber, was likely to be from the lower (to be protected and to be the base of the regime) class, hence the attitude. It would not matter if the victim was from a lower class as well, because the State had a right and a duty of a sort to exercise its power over common people anyway. Because of the before-mentioned original design features of the Soviet legal codes, you can go to jail in places like Russia for shooting and killing a robber who was trying to rob you with a knife. There is a popular recent (a few years) story about a petite girl who stabbed her rapist (a well-known criminal twice her size with a lengthy rap-sheet) to death was ruled a socially dangerous criminal and went to jail before trial — thank G-d the court set her free.
      This is our future as well, if America continues to vote leftyists in.

• Judgy says:

Yup. Those politicians who want this are basically criminals, and the segment of the black population who pulls this crap (and NO, OF COURSE i DON’T MEAN ALL OF THEM) are largely criminals too.

So they want what they want, and everyone else can just go pound sand. Great plan.

2. aprilyn43 says:

Wow… So why do we have police officers? If the victim and law enforcement are to stay in the car, who’s supposed to stop the criminals …. AIR? Oh that’s right only Blacks have a right to be angry over anything, at any time and of course any where.

Forget being “sheeple” we are being reduced to imbicells; it’s just open hunting season by blacks on anyone.
    Oh… I’m not a sheeple or a target, you come after me or mine, your dead. I’m a fighter!

• janc1955 says:

You’re not alone in your thinking or your passion. These BGI-driven cases are simply increasing gun/ammo sales and insuring that both cops and citizens are armed and ready to defend themselves.

3. justfactsplz says:

When it comes to the point that policeman cannot exit their vehicle and chase someone then they might as well turn in their badges. Criminals should not be protected just because of their color.

• radiopatriot says:

Why not? Obama is.

• Judgy says:

Fine, screw ’em! They don’t want white cops patrolling in black neighborhoods?? (They haven’t said THAT exactly, but some HAVE proposed no more beat cops or patrolling neighborhoods at all–police should only come when they’re WANTED. Ya, we get the jist). Why any white cop is going to want to risk his entire life being ruined because black males tend to commit crimes and then run, is beyond me, if they keep pulling this crap).

Careful what you wish for, peeps! If there aren’t enough non-white cops to go around, then you don’t get ANY cops.

YOU’RE the ones creating this. Now live w/ it (or don’t).

Sorry, I’m just MAD.

• justfactsplz says:

I agree. Let them police their own neighborhoods and see how that works out for them.

• Judgy says:

Maybe white EMI’s, or whatever clean-up crews/ coroner types who had to wait for random gunshots to stop before being able to retrieve Mike Brown’s body, & then took so much heat for the “poor baby layin’ out there for FOUR HOURS” should be allowed to operate at their own discretion as well.

Do they want special laws? Do they want NO laws?? I can understand what and why POLITICIANS want, but what the hell do the blacks themselves want??

I HATE this!!!

• John Denney says:

My friend nailed it, calling it, “the 13 year old brain syndrome” – if something isn’t going how you like, then change the rules or make up new ones. Corollary: rationality and consistency are for chumps.

• ButterCookie77 says:

Yep. With Trayvon, they didn’t want unwarranted assualt to be a crime. With Saint Michael, they did not want string armed robbery or assault on an officer to be a crime. With Eric Garner, selking loose cigarretts should be made legal, and blacks shoulnhave the rigjt to resist arrest.

I am black but I do not want to live in a city with majoritynof black people. Not only do they have terrinle economics as they tend to be liberal, they are soft on crime to the point the VICTIM is blamed and have an extremely high level of violence. In the next few months, I will be relocating to a conservative city with a smaller portion of blacks.

To me, that is mot racist. It’s just being real.

I am disgusted by this crap.

• Judgy says:

Thank you, ButterCookie (great name). You sound sorta like the sensible, insightful, and realistic man who made that Facebook video making the rounds–I think his name is Will Stack.

I’m sure you already know this, but just in case it bears repeating–though it’s quicker to just say “they” and “them”, I mean the lawless liars, thieves, POLITICIANS, and thugs who come in ALL colors; but when I get mad, I can sound pretty rude. I realize anything I say afterwards may then come off as sounding condescending, or trite, but what I’m awkwardly trying to express is that I value your opinions on this, and I’m glad to have your input. I bet the only people the BGI dislike more than whites who don’t agree w/ them are blacks who don’t agree w/ them, and I imagine that could suck. I was glad to hear the Scott family supposedly told Sharpton NOT to come (*Dana Perino on The Five said this).

Btw, I’ve made about 5 typos already today, but yours–“string armed robbery” made me giggle. 🙂

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

If you let them police themselves it could also work out badly for people passing thru the area.

• kathyca says:

Don’t be sorry. You’re exactly right. More cops for us, to hold the perimeter.

• DeWalt says:

Maybe some machete wielding black gang members. They would have more empathy.

• DT says:

What’s amusing to consider, is that when there aren’t enough cops to go ’round, who do you think the targets will be? Gooey centered liberals and pacifists with the means for shiny, expensive things.

• Rurik says:

If we disband all the police, there will be none left to protect us … or to confiscate the weapons we would use to defend ourselves, or arrest us for shooting some scuzz for having dreadlocks and low-hanging pants. No law, just committees of Public Safety. I get along with my neighbors.Strangers not guaranteed. Stock up on hollow point.

4. DeWalt says:

Maybe what they would prefer is vigilante justice. No racist police.

5. carterzest says:

And here is another case where the Volunteer Reserve Deputy should have just “not got out of his vehicle”.

OklahomaCitySafariPark™

• art tart says:

What a nightmare, I couldn’t believe the Retired Reserve Volunteer Deputy was 73 yrs old, I feel sorry for his family as well, he wasn’t even getting paid. I guess the rules will be changed to limit the age of volunteers especially if they carry guns, a terrible, terrible, accident. Another Civil Law Suit that will settle into the millions.

• Judgy says:

What makes me SO angry is that the race-hustlers will paint this as some good ol’ boy who deliberately WANTED to kill a black person. No thought at all will be given to the logic of that, as if anyone would willingly submit themselves to being thoroughly investigated, and Zimmermanned, all for the “one shining moment”, “sheer racist joy”, or whatever the hell they think it is that supposedly happens when a white kills a black.

Logic. It’s not for everyone.

• unitron says:

He wasn’t getting paid, he was paying big bucks, like buying cars for the Sheriff’s department big, in order to be allowed to be a volunteer.

6. mikayla825 says:

Every time I see that picture of Scott, it jars me. That looks like my shower curtain behind him.

7. Jacqueline Joy says:

I appreciate this insight, as it had not occurred to me. Like frogs in the pot, we have been manipulated into seeing local police in a different way, and encouraged to see big.gov as a “solution”.

Really sad.

8. acumenmac says:

Once again this is madness. The marxist have control of the legal institutions of this once great nation. Along with the all the rest of the institutions that have kept this Constitutional Republic on solid ground. The marxist didn’t take it by force, it was given to them.
    The question has to be asked, “What are the ends that justify the means?” If left unchecked this will intentionally lead to breakdown in civil authority and anarchy.
    Next question. Why would those who now have the power want anarchy? What do you think?

9. coeurdaleneman says:

I’d bet a bundle that Slager has let many runners escape from him under different circumstances.

10. DeWalt says:

Look back at NYC in the 70’s and you’ll see where this is headed. Got so bad the libs couldn’t stand it. That brought the rise of Giuliani and he cleaned up their mess.Now they are heading straight back again, but now eith the rest of the country. Remember Fort Apache, The Bronx?

11. Canuckster says:

Since when do cops play music in their cop cars, as Slager did?

• James F says:

He might be guilty of having bad taste in music. Everlast. Yuck.

[CHORUS]
      God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
      ‘Cause then you really might know what it’s like to sing the blues
      Then you really might know what it’s like [4x]

• Canuckster says:

Listen to the video and song lyrics again. Scott runs at the same time the lyrics sing “pick a fight”.

• PatriotUSA says:

Sweet Home Alabama seems most appropriate here. It is legal for a cop to chase an escaping FELON down if I recall correctly except in PC libtardedville. Yet Slager should have stayed in the car. Geez, if cops had stayed in their cars every time I got in trouble or bolted I may have never gotten caught in my fast lane youth, 20s, 30s em hem early 40s. Never did figure out how to out run that damn Motorola.

“1, 2, 3
        Turn it up

Big wheels keep on turning
        Carry me home to see my kin
        Singing songs about the Southland
        I miss Alabama once again
        And I think it’s a sin, yea

Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about her
        Well, I heard ol’ Neil put her down
        Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
        A Southern man don’t need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
        Where the skies are so blue
        Sweet home Alabama
        Lord, I’m coming home to you”

• DeWalt says:

All the time.

• janc1955 says:

Gee. I’m not even remotely bothered by Slager playing music in his cop car. I AM bothered by a 50 year-old deadbeat dad cruising the streets with his ex-con buddy in a Benz he doesn’t quite own, who can’t manage to keep his pathetic butt in his car as requested when he’s pulled over by the police. Nope, not even a contest between which bothers me more.

• Sha says:

So now police can’t listen to music ……. What the heck ! My husband was a policeman for a long time and he listened to music all the time . I don’t see anything wrong with it unless they have the speakers blasting and a bunch of cursing flying out the windows.

• Canuckster says:

Leaving the radio on during a stop is totally unprofessional. The music is interfering with the recording of what is going on. But to me it tells me it was simply a routine traffic stop over a burnt tail light as the cop stated, not a race related profiling stop as others want people to believe, and the cop expected no trouble otherwise he would’ve turned the music off to ensure the recording was crystal clear. The cop also knows a black passenger is in the car and does not question him in any fashion at all. But playing music during a traffic stop is beyond ridiculous.

• Monroe says:

A lot of cops use satellite radio to listen to music. Imagine sitting in your car for 12 hours at a stretch. Wonder why cops can get wide around the middle. Same thing, In their car for 12 straight hours.

12. Guilty says:

How about this: apply the Safari Principal from the other direction. If Walter Scott had stayed in his car, he wouldn’t have gotten shot. Because everyone knows those crazy white cops can’t control their racist behavior. It works, right?

13. littlelaughters says:

This is exactly what has bothered me about this case from the first news snippet I heard of it- before it was ever posted and discussed here and so many of the details were uncovered by treepers.
    I knew the political race baiting whores would leach onto this shooting and add fuel to the already absurd narrative that’s been in full swing since Trayvon. (No offense to whores)
    The more stage and voice they are given, the more liberty law abiding citizens will lose. We will begin seeing more of the ridiculous and dangerous regulations and laws coming from the DOJ and other government entities like disparate impact.
    This is what matters about this case to me just like the Zimmerman case mattered to me.
    Regardless of whether or not one feels Officer Slager was justified or not, if you think this won’t someday affect your way of life or the lives of your children, I believe you are mistaken.

• Judgy says:

I’m right there w/ ya. I remember how I felt when I first saw the tape, and even though the BGI was already acting ABYSMALLY at that first presser (Chief: “Not all of our officers are trained in CPR”. BGI {yelling out rudely}:”Why not?”. “Yeah, why not??”), I still kept thinking “This one should’ve been their Ferguson”.

Now I realize they want EVERYTHING to be their Ferguson.

I’m done. Don’t run. If you do, your family should NOT be able to sue. Cuz right now we’re ENCOURAGING horrible behavior.

• Roy says:

“Cuz right now we’re ENCOURAGING horrible behavior.”

You’re absolutely right. BO and Holder are encouraging and supporting the horrible behavior. The bad news is that they really want it to escalate. We’re seeing the results of a match thrown in a parched area. The flames are spreading and I believe it will become uncontrollable without Federal intervention. But, that’s the plan.

14. Paladin Justice says:

Reblogged this on saboteur365.

15. coeurdaleneman says:

Here’s the question that I would want answered by the jury and the weisenheimers who claim the high ground: what would you have done, had you been in this particular point in the struggle, with your left hand on Scott’s wrist, and your right hand on your pistol, while tangled up in taser wire and after having fought a SOB for over a minute, and maybe having been tase — was he a threat to your life and maybe the public at large? Or do you just let him run and hope that everything turns out peachy?

Go ahead an take all of the time you want … time that Slager didn’t have the luxury of having.

• DT says:

The other day, I was dipping on a twitter convo between Judge Alex Ferrer (sp) and a treeper. The judge seemed convinced that the cop will go down for murder, even with the taser lead seemingly attached to Slager angle. I really wanted someone to challenge the judge to suit up on a full duty belt and vest, strap on an orange gun and a live taser, run a foot chase, struggle with a unwilling to be taken into custody subject for at least a minute, allow the subject to control the taser and fight from there. How many drive stuns can the judge endure before he either loses his weapon or subdues the subject by any means necessary. It would be a good lesson for the public.

For that matter, I would love anyone else minimizing the effects of a drive stun to take a few and see how well they can retain anything on their person that the person controlling the taser wishes to remove from them.

16. tovex11 says:

We are just watching history repeat itself. People will once again get tired of lawless feral neighborhoods. The lefties will be voted out, the large metro police areas will be given the green light to restore respect and fear in the hearts of Sh*tbags. Fear is the only thing ferals respect, black or white. Then we can go into another fourty to fifty year slide back in to leftist social justice. Good job Obama. Can’t we all just get along!

• auscitizenmom says:

I am not sure I can believe that right now, but I sure hope you are right.

• We need 2 countries. Liberal and Conservative – let liberals pay for the programs they love and live by the rules (or lack of) that they set.

• Judgy says:

I like that idea. Especially as it allows for BEHAVIOR, not skin color. I hate the way this divisive stuff seems to be working out in the ways “they” want it to (black/ white; straight/ gay; etc.). It makes me knee-jerk angry at GROUPS, and now instantly tend to forget people are INDIVIDUALS. At least in the first few flashes of anger–I need to keep reminding myself it is the politicians and race-hustlers who are the scariest criminals of all.

Oh ya…….and the MSM.

17. Carlos Cunha says:

The one thing you got wrong was identification of who was the victim. The victims are not the jackass who wound up dead. The victims in both Ferguson and North Charleston are the officers.

18. bofh says:

The “Safari Principle” is basically the pretty-face on the concept of “banlieues” (No-Go areas) which have spread over much of Europe. Of course, those at least have sharia law – what’s proposed here would be an area that has NO law at all. But don’t stop sending in all that gummint money…

• Roy says:

Interesting comment and it got me thinking. I wonder if Section-8 vouchers should be used in Islamic areas. If not allowed, that’s racist. And it causes disparate impact on other communities.
      Why are Moslems the only group that are allowed to create and enforce no-go zones?

• Sharon says:

Because those who would be responsible for preventing them from doing that are afraid of having their heads cut off. That’s my guess, anyway.

19. Bob Stone says:

“After Mike Brown was murdered by Officer Darren Wilson, the Safari Principle advocates applied the same meme to explain how Zemir Begic was guilty of his own murder, again in Saint Louis.”

what, What WHAT?

20. VegasGuy says:

Black Thug Felons……You can’t live with them & according to BGI protocal…You can’t shoot them.

They are like a parasite devouring the host. A law defying infestation that will evolve into an uncontrollable disease upon society, ultimately with no cure.

We are truly doomed…….SMH

21. kinthenorthwest says:

I have a question?? Sorry if I missed it in all the posts. Has anyone actually figured out who owned the car that Scott was driving in. The reason I ask, is that could be a big key as to why Scott ran.

22. Lars says:

This has all the marks of a “police scuffle with drugged runner” gone wrong.

23. neo says:

the best thing that could happen right now is that all LEOs at a time and date TBD just walk off post and the next shift does not report…let this go for about six days DO NOT REPORT IN NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS…time to send a message

24. McGuffin says:

Walter Scott would be alive if WALTER SCOTT HAD STAYED IN THE CAR

25. Brett says:

It seems that we are heading for civil war, again. Either that, or revolution. Society cannot survive insane, imbecilic laws and the people who push them…much less survive those people who vote for such politicians. The threshold will be crossed, somewhere, and people will die in the hundreds. That will be the beginning.

26. mlooli says:

So every time a police officer sees a fleeing suspect outside his car, he should just do NOTHING. Maybe we can just replace police officers with a dummie in the carseat. Would be about as useful.

27. Pingback: Brutal Rowlett Teen Attacker Now In Custody – Police Say Attack Was “Premeditated”… - Rage and War