…”I think this is a ginned-up controversy by people who play identity politics that has divided the nation in a way that is really unhelpful”…

Spot on, albeit a little politely presented.

carly fiorina(Via The Hill) Former Hewlett-Packard chief Carly Fiorina on Thursday blasted Apple CEO Tim Cook’s opposition to Indiana’s religious freedom law as “hypocrisy.”

Fiorina, a potential 2016 GOP presidential contender, said Cook had a double standard and cited Apple’s operations in other countries with controversial laws about gays and women in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

“When Tim Cook is upset about all the places that he does business because of the way they treat gays and women, he needs to withdraw from 90% of the markets that he’s in, including China and Saudi Arabia,” Fiorina argued. “But I don’t hear him being upset about that.”

Fiorina said his stance exposed a “level of hypocrisy here that is really unfortunate.”
She added that Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act contained “nothing objectionable” and that Cook’s criticism stemmed from “narrow special interests” rather than reality.

“I think this is a ginned-up controversy by people who play identity politics that has divided the nation in a way that is really unhelpful,” Fiorina added.

Cook, who came out as gay last year, criticized the Indiana measure when it was signed into law last week. The CEO said it ran counter to Apple’s policies on tolerance. (read more)

Scott Walker 2carly fiorina 2

That’s The Ticket !

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Decepticons, Election 2016, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Scott Walker, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Righteous – Carly Fiorina Skewers Apple CEO Tim Cook Over Ridiculous Indiana RFRA Hypocrisy…

1. QuadGMoto says:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the irony that the entire point of the law is to protect everyone, including businesses, from inappropriate government interference. So why are businesses trying to attack a law that protects them as much as the people they hate?

2. QuadGMoto says:

BTW, to my knowledge, Tim Cook has only expressed disagreement with the law, not that he’s withdrawing Apple from Indiana. So to compare his attempts to expand business in other countries that actually do kill homosexuals to his public statements is pretty weak.

Now if she had pointed out that Tim should be saying those same things to those other countries as he’s saying to state he doesn’t live in, then she would have a much stronger point. (I have to wonder if Tim even feels safe when he visits those countries.)

• VideoSavant says:

Poor, Tim.

• cohibadad says:

I think it’s abundantly obvious that Tim Cook wouldn’t say “boo” to China, let alone criticize their system’s laws and prejudices.

• ctdar says:

I believe her point is if he believed in his convictions he/Apple shouldn’t sell products in those countries.

• QuadGMoto says:

I think you’re right that she was making that point. I just think it’s significantly weakened by the differences between that action and what he actually did.

It seems to me that if he was fully consistent and tried to interfere in those countries precisely the same way he’s imposing himself on a distant state, the resulting effect would be that he couldn’t sell Apple products in those countries. Heck, for some of them he would be fortunate to continue breathing and Apple would be fortunate to recover any salvageable inventory.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Microsoft/Bill Gates and Google are equally bad in what they support, Tim’s actions would have had the same loss of sales in this old “bleed in six colors” household. As it is, I’m now actively avoiding giving Apple any money wherever humanly possible.

Interestingly, Apple’s quality and usability have been in notable decline since Tim took the helm. It seems obvious to that part of the reason is that his focus is divided between running the company and following his true passion. The other part is that Apple became great by designing their systems around how humans actually think and function. (Psychologists were a crucial part of the original Mac design teams.) But that foundation has been abandoned (the basic approach necessary for homosexuality to be “not abnormal”) in favor of a “it looks/is cool” fad centered approach.

• Tracer Round says:

The Liberal Triad

Hypocrisy – Elitism – Anti-intellectualism

3. VideoSavant says:

Those aren’t homosexual Muslims being thrown from the top of buildings…they’re Tim Cook’s iPhone6 Crash Test Dummies.

4. Munner Moon says:

Whats the big deal! Sometimes $$$’s trumps principles! I mean Tims got to eat.

Beside you all seem to be missing a main point; Tim is only saying he is worried that LGBTer’s can be targeted for “discrimination” with this type of legislation. I hate to break it to all you ‘he’s a hypocrite’ types, but they do NOT ‘discriminate’ in Saudi Arabia! In Saudi Arabia if your a gay they actually flog, lash, Hang and behead you. That is completely different than ‘discrimination’! So get your facts straight people..

Munner413

5. lovemygirl says:

I had kind of forgotten about her until my father mentioned he really liked her moxy. I remember mixed reviews years ago about her leadership but decided thd bad ones were just sour grapes Any chance Carly will run in 2016? Wait, I just saw SDs pick of walker fiorina 😀

6. 2x4x8 says:

Punch That Ticket !!!!!!!!!!!!

7. doodahdaze says:

Kick Ass Carly! I am sick and tired of the GGI, and the BGI.

8. jeanmarc8 says:

I would be interested in Tim Cook’s plan for Apple to respond to problems a little closer to home, like perhaps the water shortage due to drought in California.

The California governor had declared an emergency I believe, and yet companies in the Golden State seem more concerned with details half way across the country.

9. beaujest says:

Vasoline causes brain damage !

10. BitterC says:

I think Fiorina would make an excellent running mate for whomever. Wonder how soon the left will start Palin-izing her?

11. lastConservinIllinois? says:

The i-phone i bought a year and a half ago just crapped out.

I wont be replacing it with another Apple product, too much Apple emphasis on queer.

Time to go droid.

• lovemygirl says:

Samsung became my choice after a fling with Apple. I got my daughter a Microsoft surface rather than an ipad. Activism has consequences.

• nyetneetot says:

What the (blank, blank, blankety) are you two talking about?!?

• taqiyyologist says:

LC, LMG.

i folded my ipad mini over a steel stair-rail, in half. It made me happy. It was cathartic.

In fact, I’ve been joyful ever since. What an engineering demotivational poster-child that device is.

Apples don’t bend, my butt.

• taqiyyologist says:

Threw it down two stories, ran down and jumped up and down on the iPad taco I had created above.

Found some bag of liquid, which I could only assume was puree’d abortion-clinic waste turned into some kind of storage or power source, and picked up the whole mess and threw it in the dumpster. Which would be fitting if my former assumption, which wouldn’t actually surprise me, was true.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Another in a long, long line of great Taqi stories!

• nyetneetot says:

I hope you’ll forgive me I was reading in reverse again, not that that excuses my post.

• QuadGMoto says:

I avoid Samsung like the plague. Their business practices are highly unethical (at best). And I don’t think going to Android is any better when it comes to political leanings and behavior. Google’s slogan of “don’t be evil” has 2 too many letters (and an apostrophe) to describe their political and social behavior, including their complete (lack of) respect for your privacy.

• joshua says:

why mix technology with ethical values? If you want to favor ethics, talk to everyone else via you Bible. Samsung has competitors, the market place will solve your issues.

• QuadGMoto says:

The ethics of behavior also effect the marketplace. For example, if you’re stealing ideas from other companies who have put in the time and effort to develop them, that is a market distortion.

A company’s behavior should be part of deciding who to do business with. If their ethic is “always take care of the customer” but they charge a little more, I’m often willing to pay that difference. If their behavior is borrowed from “Dewie, Cheetum, and Howe”, then that’s not a company I want to do business with because any short term gain leads to long term pain.

When I was buying a new washer and dryer, Samsung units had the best rating from Consumer’s Reports. But I removed them from consideration because of their consistent, highly unethical behavior. And I didn’t lose anything functionally in the units we did buy. The only one who lost in that transaction was those who prefer cheating people.

When all the competitors in a field (such as computers) offer significant ethic problems, then you have to A) choose the least ethically problematic company, B) choose based on technical qualities, or C) some combination of both. IMHO, in an Apple vs. Google comparison, Apple still easily wins both. Sadly, Apple is also clearly headed downhill in both areas.

12. ctdar says:

GOOD-FOR-HER
    Bout time someone shoved back on the hypocrites.

13. doodahdaze says:

As usual there is a communist connection with these agitators.

14. John L says:

In the 80s the wife was a medical secretary in pediatric oncology (kids cancer)
    at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Her doctor boss ordered an expensive Apple computer
    to help in the research to cure the kids. It was a piece of junk. The most it could
    be used for was keeping a calendar and it was slow at that. The really angry
    doc wrote letter after letter to Apple and Jobs to fix the problem. They blew him off
    much to the detriment of the patients. I never have and never will purchase an Apple
    product since. The fact that Jobs died of cancer makes me think karma got him.

15. bitterlyclinging says:

All Cook is doing is reading from the script David Brock writes for him. Carly’s not.
    Everything Brock writes is at Hussein Obama’s request and you thought the Pied Piper of Hamelin was just a fairy tale.

16. Maybe it is time that company executives stop preaching to the public when they do not own even 51% of the stock. Backlash could cost the shareholders who have different points of view money.