Jonathan Capehart was one of the early media pundits who took to the broadcast airwaves and penned numerous columns about how police officer Darren Wilson was guilty of murder.

Today, he tries – and fails- to walk it back. Sort of…

capehart_145x100Dorian Johnson hands up

Capehart pens a column stating the obvious: “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” was built on a lie. He then goes into details found in the DOJ report on the shooting to pin the origin of the hoax on Dorian Johnson.

[…] What DOJ found made me ill. Wilson knew about the theft of the cigarillos from the convenience store and had a description of the suspects. Brown fought with the officer and tried to take his gun. And the popular hands-up storyline, which isn’t corroborated by ballistic and DNA evidence and multiple witness statements, was perpetuated by Witness 101. In fact, just about everything said to the media by Witness 101, whom we all know as Dorian Johnson, the friend with Brown that day, was not supported by the evidence and other witness statements.

Why did the truth make Mr. Capehart ill? Because the sunlight strikes at the very core of the deception? Because the media narrative he participated in selling was false? Because guilt can make you feel ill?

Not hardly.

Capehart points the finger at Dorian Johnson and keeps it pointed there while simultaneously never recognizing the role the media, his media, played in the fraud from the outset. Sure Dorian Johnson was a liar, that is true – However, what is equally true is how obvious the lie was from the moment of its inception.

[…] The DOJ report notes on page 44 that Johnson “made multiple statements to the media immediately following the incident that spawned the popular narrative that Wilson shot Brown execution-style as he held up his hands in surrender.” In one of those interviews, Johnson told MSNBC that Brown was shot in the back by Wilson. It was then that Johnson said Brown stopped, turned around with his hands up and said, “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” And, like that, “hands up, don’t shoot” became the mantra of a movement. But it was wrong, built on a lie.

The empirical evidence was obvious, it was right there in the pictures of the crime scene – it was obvious in the placement of evidence cones and markers placed around the body of Michael Brown. It was all right there for anyone, including Capehart, to see and query. But they didn’t.

Canfield Map New 2

They didn’t because telling that truth would have run in direct opposition to the advancement of the media goals.

The media not only ignored the evidence present in the pictures of the crime scene, but worse they ignored the obvious inconsistencies in the stories of Dorian Johnson, Piaget Crenshaw and Tiffany Mitchell because those stories ran counter to the agenda now exposed in front of the entire world. Well, actually, for those within the world willing to see it…. and accept it.

Within 48 hours of the shooting we had already established the general parameters of the shooting itself. Those parameters were based on accepting the evidence as it existed, and researching the various bits and pieces of available information from the very media who now are beginning to admit they got it wrong.

Following the trail of evidence, factual evidence, was simply a process of searching through hundreds of hours of uploaded video and pictures from the scene itself, and within a week the factual construct of what took place was as obvious as it could have been to any media doing the same.

Nothing about our first week outline was incorrect – It was 100% Accurate.

So no, it’s not ok for Jonathan Capehart to look back and say “I got it wrong”, seemingly placing himself upon his own high-horse of magnanimity. For what? For accepting the truth?

[…] Now that black lives matter to everyone, it is imperative that we continue marching for and giving voice to those killed in racially charged incidents at the hands of police and others. But we must never allow ourselves to march under the banner of a false narrative on behalf of someone who would otherwise offend our sense of right and wrong. And when we discover that we have, we must acknowledge it, admit our error and keep on marching. That’s what I’ve done here. (full article)

No, the real issue, the issue that Capehart and all others will never confront, is the REASON they got it so wrong in the first place.

None of that reasoning had anything to do with Dorian Johnson.

sharpton hands up 2

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, media bias, Mike Brown Evidence, Mike Brown Shooting, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

128 Responses to Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart: ‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ was built on a lie – While Missing The Media Chose To Sell It

1. Bob Stone says:

Excellent summation Sundance!

• myopiafree says:

Capehart’s partner at the Washington Post was E. Robinson – who NEVER looked at ANYTHING that would de-rail this vicious lie. It was “un-armed”, innocent teen angle, who was ATTEMPTING TO SURRENDER, WHEN HE WAS GUNNED DOWN BY A WHITE POLICE OFFICER. There was NEVER a mention that this “cute black’ attacked the police officer, and attempted to get control of the pistol. (That’s a felony). Then this “cure back” (in a rage or SOMETHING), CHARGED this police officer who had every reason to fear FOR HIS LIFE. But Robinson “missed” all of this, in his “editorials”, it just came out (repeated endlessly for four month), as UN-ARMED, back teenager, shot multiple times, by a WHITE POLICE OFFICER (who it was presumed) had no cause to do so. (That is the “impartial” nature of the Washington Post’s editorial staff !!!)

• punkinseed says:

I knew this from the beginning, but didn’t have all of the facts until I read your reporting in what I call your “grassy knoll” post. It was obvious to me that Johnson was full of it throughout, but you defined it better for us.
      This Capehart guy is nothing but a hack. He is not a journalist in any sense of the word. He has zero humility, which is the first rule in journalism. If I’ve been wrong on any of my stories, I do a huge mea culpa, admit it and apologize, then print the retraction or correction on Page 1. Capehart can try to hide behind being a commentator instead of an actual news writer, but that doesn’t give him a pass. Using bias as a vehicle to drive his agenda is selfish and sick. Take away his pen.
      Thank you Sun Dance for your great work. I appreciate it.

2. Bob Stone says:

“Sure Dorian Johnson was a liar, that is true – However, what is equally true is how obvious the lie was from the moment of its inception.”

The description of the neck hold alone was something out of a comic book.

• doodahdaze says:

IMO the DA and PTB there are democrat. The DA did not buckle and saved the cop from the BGI. However he knows at least what we know and prolly more. If I had been the prosecutor there would be many BGI scalps hanging from my belt by now.

• BitterC says:

Now that it’s pretty well out there plain as day that Dorian lied, when will he, Piaget, and Tiffany be brought up on perjury charges. It’s bad enough snitches get stiches without adding perjurors get a pass. No wonder our justice system is screwed.

• Kin Mapper says:

Actually I believe Dorian has a good shot at conviction for felony murder as I have bases for him being first the director of the robbery, or an accomplice and Dorian admitted to being an early part of the assault, sufficiently that Dorian merits indictment for one or more of these and thus for felony murder of Mike Brown. Oh yet, Dorian may have made perjurious statements to the grand jury or at least false stories to the authorities, which may be a MO crime and possible to the FBI, which would be a federal crime.

3. Abortion Barbie says:

It’s not the truth that counts, it’s the seriousness of the accusation!

4. kihn says:

I’m shocked by Capehart’s attempt to ‘set the record straight’. He is still pushing the narrative of Zimmerman being the murderer of an innocent 12 year old Trayvon. Guess he’d like to keep the aura of journalist integrity alive when people consider his prose.

He’s not an honest man. He pushes many false narratives. Must feel he has to walk this particular one back for some reason.

• John Galt says:

“Must feel he has to walk this particular one back for some reason.”

Yes, I think he has received instructions.

• pbunyan says:

“for some reason”

The reason is that the Marxists need the cops on their side. Without a brutal, oppressive police force communism cannot work. (Well, true it doesn’t really “work” even with an oppressive police force, but at least is can exist with one.)

This wasn’t the case with Zimmerman which is why they never tried to walk back all the lies told by the media in that case.

The Marxist overlords (Jarret, Holder, etc,) realized how big they screwed up on this one by victimizing a cop and now they’re trying to fix that.

5. lovely says:

Why did the truth make Mr. Capehart ill?

Because liberals know so much that just isn’t so?

H/T to Ronald Reagan 🙂

It seems the possibility of Mike Brown being a thug and Darren Wilson not being a racist killer cop, never crossed Capehart’s mind.

The whole lot of MSM reporters of today are the most incurious dullards ever to read off of a teleprompter.

6. John Galt says:

Now that they got some cops shot / killed, I think Obozo / Holder directed libtard media to walk back the BS a little bit. I don’t think Capehart would right this article of his own volition, since he previously reviewed the same evidence as the DOJ and came to the opposite conclusion.

7. doodahdaze says:

Maybe he knows something is coming and is trying to salvage some bit of credibility by getting out in front.

8. libby says:

I am reminded of the Zoolander film where Derek says, “Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people’s lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?”

9. beaujest says:

Capehart opines because he knows his lies have helped push the people he cares for most down the path of destruction ! In the end this George Soros backed plan will set the black community back fifty years !

• xschild says:

“Capehart opines” “his lies” “the people he cares about” A corporate toady is all. Spouts what is put before him. My Dad always said “think before you speak”. Talking heads don’t think. And to think we even listen. Current admin has pushed blacks way past the fifty years mark. More like a hundred. Fifty years is how long it took us to get here.

Recovery is not possible because destruction, beatings and death are involved. Come on and tell me all this happened to blacks to this magnitude in the past.
      It’s just fun for dindonuffins. No accountability and nobody knows nothing.

Capehart and his ilk strike terror in the hearts of the American people. Do not think so? Just watch the news. Is Trayvon Martin still a saint? Are his family richer than they were prior to his death. Are they famous? I think so. Because of the news. Mike Brown just a toddler killed by big bad Cop. Is he a saint too? Because of the news.

FergMo is ground Zero. Sanford just a tidbit.

Play that blame game. Lock and load or dig a bomb shelter in your yard. It is coming. Where will you be?

Ask @capehart about Jessica Chambers murder. He will say “what?”

10. yakmaster2 says:

Capehart will never admit he WANTED Dorian Johnson’s vindictive slanderous lies to be true. Even if they weren’t, he was eager to sacrifice the truth on the altar of a Black greivance cause. His dismay is really about the EXPOSURE of the lie.

Don’t tell me the msm never figured out early on that Dorian Johnson had clear MOTIVE to lie. They also knew the connection between Crenshaw, Mitchell and others. For Capehart to act all dismayed and surprised that they, in fact, were liars is the height of hypocrisy. Is his audience, his readers really stupid enough to believe him now when he, in effect, says “Well, who knew the whole story was a lie?” DUH. You, Capehart. You.

11. RJ says:

I have spent a lot of years washing away others’ skin colors in my social interactions. I took the position of ethnic qualities that are positive and negative when dealing with others. My posture was to be neutral while desiring to lean positive. The individual would be the one who created a reality for me that might shift my posture/opinion; character has always been the principle cornerstone of my relationships.

Since Obama, I have noticed the development on my part of anger toward those who come forward as “aggrieved citizens” from the “african-american” community. They desire to push their “victimhood” right into my face any way they can. I don’t like this.

I am backing up, in my views, on certain peoples for reasons I can easily present to those who ask a serious question.

In other words, they lost my vote, respect and desire to just be me and enjoy others as I meet them on the road of life. Now, I am not so sure I should interact in an open and forthright manner.

I fear prejudice is trying to put its arms around me, and I don’t like this one bit, no not at all!

Rotten characters hiding within a skin color, one’s ethnic origin, one’s race…yea, I see you, I see who you really are hiding there mouthing your slogans, hatreds, etc.

Drop dead idiots…you are the real racists! I never wanted to be and will fight not to become one, even though you are trying to convince me I have been one all along!

Get lost!

• Vintage66 says:

Here, here RJ!

• doodahdaze says:

This is called “white flight.” I have many friends and family who are now former democrats. I also have some “bleeding heart” liberals who I still like. Some blacks who are not down for the struggle too. I can take a bleeding heart but not neo-communist, anti-american, neo-communist, progs. Them I have no use for and zero interest in. They, are the enemy.

• michellc says:

I’m starting see and hear teens and 20 something kids who do not have black skin say that they are becoming racist because the actions of so many black people are making them neither like or trust black people.

• doodahdaze says:

Me too. Sad.

• michellc says:

Part of me it makes sad, another part of me that watches these videos of them acting like rabid animals is somewhat relieved that younger people are becoming aware. That awareness could save their lives.

The blacks acting this way and the blacks who don’t scream from the rooftops against their behavior and the blacks who encourage the behavior(BGI) have only themselves to blame if they create a generation who doesn’t care for them.

My parents used to tell me if you tell someone long enough they are something eventually they will become what you convince them they are. The younger generation are told they are racist and should be ashamed of their race, eventually those who don’t want to hate themselves are just going to decide they prefer being racist.
          From what I’m seeing they’re creating two different groups and it doesn’t seem as if they want a third group, to them it’s either you are racist or you should feel guilt for your race.

• TKim says:

I heard a college student say something like that once. “Our grandparents were racist because they didn’t know any black people. We ‘re racist because we do.”

America 2015.

• Nomadic100 says:

In my view, those people are not being racist. A racist is a person who has an a priori, unfounded prejudice against someone because of race. The political cases of Martin and Brown insofar as the black community has been concerned have done nothing to raise the esteem many whites have of the black community. Rather the opposite. As Sundance notes, it was obvious from the outset that the “narratives” about Martin and Brown were egregiously and intentionally distorted such that they bore little relationship to the evidence. The black leaders from Congress on down ran with the lies at full throttle. In addition, information about violent black crime, whether black on black or black on white has become more widely publicized, no thanks to the MSM.

So, shifting attitudes towards blacks is not a priori prejudice, but, rather, ex post facto attitude change based on an accurate appraisal of reality.

• Kin Mapper says:

I spoke with two multi-striped local cops, doing security duty in uniform. Each of them were asked about whether the shooting happened hands up in their opinion. Neither answered and each scrutinized me.

Each were then told it did not matter that they felt it best not to give an opinion as what I really wanted to explain was that contrary to the media that it was obvious there could be no indictment of Darren Wilson.

As a white in a black jurisdiction, I wanted them to be aware that due to the media and the blacks being heard, riots were a certainty in multiple locations including she possibly mine.

Neither accepted either statement and one surreptitiously attempted to take my photo, which was inappropriate as I was making a report to a local police officer and not a suspect. That one denied doing it repeatedly until I said swear on your mother or the Bible of the like and she became silent, which I used to proe she had my photographed. She admitted it, said she deleted it but refused to empty her delete/trash file pretending not to know what I meant.

I reported it to the local police as it is clear I have trouble as these two were black cops.

Yes I now fear most any black and their scowls show that the majority still believe a white cop gun down a black teenager with his hands up.

We must demand POTUS and each AG say it clearly, there is zero evidence that Mike Brow had his hands up as the witnesses on TV shown dozens of times by the media claiming it were not credible witnesses, not credible a least biit.

Then all the liberal and black congresspersons who were photographed with their hands up in a group shot on the Captiol steps should likewise have to publicly retract their defamation of

Darren Wilson

by innuendo of the photo or else Darren Wilson should sue them for defamation as they were outside congress and have no privilege from such suit (my best guess).

• Kin Mapper says:

Agreed to the useful analysis

• nimrodman says:

RJ said: “… I fear prejudice is trying to put its arms around me”

No, don’t apologize for your rational judgments and don’t label it prejudice.

You’re discriminating – logically – the world around you on the basis of your experience. It may save you from a knockout attack or worse.

• Sha says:

RJ there’s nothing wrong with judging a person for there behavior not there skin color I have tried to do that my whole life. What is shocking to me is the kind and gentle people I have known my whole life that are black seem afraid to speak up for anyone who isn’t black because there afraid of the back lash they will get for it. When you are stuck in bad areas with bad people you can’t always speak your mind are say how you really feel are the animals will turn on you. In my eyes there are good people and there are bad people and they come in all shapes sizes and colors and I will avoid as many of the bad ones as I can.

• Les says:

You are not any less a liar if you allow people to lie and you don’t correct it. THEY should speak out regardless of backlash. When they don’t speak up, they are liars AND cowards.

• Sha says:

I think you are right in a lot of ways .( which is why Im shocked) Good people have to stand up for what is right . It takes a good strong black person to say what needs to be said with out sugar coating it to these young wild hethins that are running around in packs. I tried to justify it in my mind by saying they were afraid of having some of those young hate filled people turn on them but the disappointment was still there.

• Les says:

I’m not a supremacist, I don’t think white people are genetically any better than black people. That’s why the lowered expectations and the unwillingness of the black community to mold young people into better people irritates me so much. When someone does step up (like many church members do), they often get sucked into the BGI machine and end up doing more damage.

More moms need to step and more dads. And they need to raise their kids to belong to a society of Americans, not the thug life.

I know some really good black people who are way stricter than I ever was. They tell me they HAVE to be stricter because there are so many negative voices in the black community. They have to be ten times tougher and teach their kids to not listen to most people they will meet on their own street. How hard must that be? Makes me mad black people have so much to fight against because of the thugs in their lives.

That’s also why I don’t live around white trash. They are a negative influence as much as the thugs. I don’t care if you are black or white or rich or poor, it doesn’t cost anything to be a decent human.

12. michellc says:

Is this something like, “my bad I was lied to, but the end justified the means, although the end meant a man’s life was put in danger and an entire city has been held hostage?” Not to mention all the cops who have lost their lives or lives have been in danger and every idiot black out there still whines about Brown and Martin?

• RJ says:

Yea, these people are so stupid that in their rantings, their lootings, and their bad, selfish behaviors they have gone about setting the stages for destroying their neighborhoods and towns; only they are too ignorant to even understand real estate evaluation theories and what affects such.

Location, location, and location is just the beginning of evaluation for value.

13. art tart says:

Jonathan Capehart: ended his article, “now that black lives matter” is bull chit. WHEN is Capehart going to acknowledge that Black Lives DON’T Matter to Other Blacks, the statistics of black on black crime is staggering? Capehart has an opportunity to call out the Black Leaders for failing the black community by NOT holding them responsible for taking care of kids they created/don’t support/that baby mamas repeat the cycle over & over by continuing to have countless babies w/different baby daddies & then some of the kids born to this pathetic environment is repeated over & over by some girls in their early teens.

I’m burnt out on the movement, I’ve run out of sympathy for most, some of the comments at the National News Outlets online reflect lots of Americans are sick to death of too.

14. waltherppk says:

The entire black grievance narrative has been a scam for more than 30 years after their complaints against any general social injustice were already remedied and then some more consideration even to the point of deferential treatment through the reverse discrimination of “affirmative action”. What may have been legitimate civil rights issues has been long ago subverted into a “black empowerment” kind of shakedown scam that has become unjust and tiresome as nothing more than thuggery by what are evidently a bunch of thugs being true to what is the content of their character regardless of the color of their skin.

• doodahdaze says:

Everyone is sick and tired of it.

• waltherppk says:

Treat extortionists as the criminals they are and the problem will stop.

• doodahdaze says:

They are gaming the system to everyones detriment.

• waltherppk says:

The games stop when the criminal gamer thugs doing the crime are thrown into prison or killed. All those false witnesses who were kindred thugs in the Mike Brown shooting should be prosecuted on every possible charge including criminal conspiracy to violate the civil rights of Darren Wilson.

If race relations were what they ought to be there wouldn’t be the kinds of problems that exist in this country. We have the problems that exist because the thugs that should be in prison or dead are still walking around at large instead of being one of those two places they should be. Either place works fine and cemeteries don’t charge room and board.

• Nomadic100 says:

There seem to be some truths which cannot be uttered. I am willing to acknowledge that there are some significant racial differences. Blacks, for example, seem to excel in athletic abilities required in basketball and football and track, among others. More power to them! Ashkenazi Jews, an ethnic group, if not specifically a racial group, have relatively high intelligence: average IQ of 106. Whites have an average IQ of 100. African Americans have an average I.Q. of 85. Culture does seem to influence the IQ studies but to a very limited degree. Those are all facts. You may not like those facts, but facts they are. And those facts have consequences such as the vastly disproportionately high number of Ashkenazi Jews who have won Nobel prizes in science. It makes sense to me in a Darwinian fashion. Jews have been discriminated against for millennia; they have had to learn to live by their wits. Blacks have had different evolutionary challenges. Professional sports are among the most physically competitive arenas which exist. Blacks dominate in the United States. Professional sports are very highly remunerated and enjoy high levels of status and prestige, so it is likely that all skilled athletes aspire to excel in those areas. In other words, culture has little to do with successful outcomes.

It goes without saying, almost, that statistics are statistics and one number does not reflect all members of a group. There are many brilliant blacks and there are a number of unintelligent Jews.

Now for a bit of speculation. It seems to me, a white person with a doctorate, that many blacks are seriously attempting now to re-segregate themselves socially, physically and educationally, while other blacks wish to integrate into the larger society. I recognize that black nationalists, e.g., Nation of Islam, and others, have been promoting segregation on all levels for decades, but that effort now seems to be gaining momentum. As an example, I saw a television show within the past two weeks which involved interviews of a number of black sports stars from the 1950’s and ’60’s. All of them spoke standard English and were articulate in that vernacular. Listen to a comparable group of athletes today and draw your own conclusions. Many other examples spring to mind

• waltherppk says:

It would be politically incorrect to say that what the bell curve shows as the norm for blacks is well below what is the norm for whites, but like a lot of things that are politically incorrect it would also be the truth. So blacks get graded on a curve like being given a golf handicap on the fairways of life.
                Should that extend to criminal behavior or does it make sense to believe even a moron should know better about some things, and come down on them hard, just as would be done with children who commit serious crimes? Stupidity isn’t a license to be a criminal. Let the Darwinian course complete the equation instead of endless interventions trying to rewrite the dysgenic inbred consequence of a welfare bred “culture” of lowlife.
                The more society subsidizes and feeds the beast that is that failed breeding experiment, the more lowlife morons it will get as a load on the backs of people who never signed on for that “great society” thug breeding project. How many generations of government issue, government fed and bred, hateful thug mil spec morons can America endure?

15. bitterlyclinging says:

The media’s perpetual search for the next Rodney King will never end. Too many votes and too many dollars depend upon its not ending.
    If the net had been around in the time of Rodney King, perhaps some holes might have been exposed in that narrative, too.
    “And thats the way it is, tonight (fill in whatever the date may happen to be) ” Walter Cronkite And we foolishly believed him, too.

• Anubis says:

To bad the internet was not up for the first Rodney King to see the video of King getting out of his car to attack cops while being too high on crack for a police stun gun to affect him.

16. czarowniczy says:

SD: Can we presume you’re now off of Capehart’s Christmas card list? Part of that ‘two America’ paradigm: lying press pundits and racist lying press pundits.

• sundance says:

• czarowniczy says:

Word missing: …’read the piece with (his) comprehension…’

• doodahdaze says:

It is his way of admitting we are right and he is wrong. Kinda, sorta. Did he ever read CTH with comprehension?

• xschild says:

@CapehartJ you promoted a lie. @Wapo you gave Capehart the ability to promote a lie.
        All with property damage, physical injuries and deaths, sue them both for promoting a lie.
        Do not bother with D. Johnson. he has nothing. Capehart and WaPo has bunches. So does CNN and Lemon. So does MSNBC and Al.
        I could go on but you get the pict.
        Amazing when the light colored blacks do not live in the real world because of lack of melanin.(sic)
        All with RJ statement above, could not have said it any better.
        @capehart @TheLastRefuge2 yes, we really can read and comprehend. Can D. Johnson and friends?
        RESIGN!
        Done with all the talking heads. Open the pie hole and lies roll out.

• sundance says:

Capehart apparently has the same infliction as President Obama.

When questioned about their explanations, they simply hide behind an approach that states our inability to understand the complexity of their argument is our issue, not theirs.

• czarowniczy says:

Theeeeerrrrrr’s that prism…
        And I take it you are off the list…

• doodahdaze says:

There is no complexity to a false narrative. It is simply false and without credibility. Weak. One sided. False. A lie can only be told for so long until it is exposed or forgotten. The question is how much damage will be done to support it until it fails.

• nimrodman says:

Capehart has no excuse for not knowing and broadcasting the true story.

Even if the mainstream media were too lazy to put in the necessary journalistic leg work, they could have read the entire story here at Treehouse. Served up for them on a silver platter.

• doodahdaze says:

I welcome his reply. 100%. Braver than the rest. I have to respect it on its merit. Surprising. I want to hear his side of the story. From him. JMO. This is what it is all about.

• doodahdaze says:

For example. I want to know how, how it went from a racist cop executing an innocent chile getting ready for college, in broad daylight, to excess traffic tickets.

• yakmaster2 says:

Like our inability to understand the nuances of Harf’s Jobs for Jihadis discourse? Riiiight.

• Nomadic100 says:

affliction?

• WeeWeed says:

Yeah. That right there’ll do it…. no Christmas card for SD….. 😉

17. Moishe Pipik says:

The Truth doesn’t matter to the BGI and the Left. Just look at the comments to Capehart’s op-ed

They’re STILL blaming the police for shooting an “unarmed” robbery suspect who grabbed his gun and punched him in the face, and they’re STILL saying that African American neighborhoods are so dangerous that if you get out of your car you can expect to be attacked, even if you’re a police officer.

18. Phooey says:

Unfortunately he’s not interested in dissecting the second Holder report with a critical eye — you know, the one that’s riddled with deliberate statistical misrepresentation in a blatantly transparent attempt to tear down the Ferguson city government and “keep on marching.”

The MSM can’t tread into those waters, they might actually shine some sunlight on the “struggle,” the meme, the hashtags, and accidentally show that’s it’s all just as fraudulent as the MB hands-up incident was.

• JB from SoCal says:

“Capehart is regurgitating facts that anyone who digested the McCulloch grand jury data dump from months ago would know. Apparently he only believes it now that it came from Eric Holder.”
      Phooey, you have neatly capsulized this entire episode right there. Excellent!
      I plan to use your last sentence [with H/T to you, of course] in any further conversation on this subject. That says it all! Thanks.

19. rsmith1776 says:

Jonathan Capehart is one of the most disgusting “tokens” in journalism today. I’d say he is even more racist than Racist Gene Robinson, which is saying something.

He was only hired by Washington Post because, by paying for one sinecure, they could check two “token” columns – the black and the gay one. (Mind you I have nothing against black people and I have nothing against gay people, in fact some of my best friends are black and/or gay (no kidding), unless a blatant progressive/liberal/racist/crooked con is based on using one or both of those cards. Like Capehart.)

Capehart has lied over and over and over again in the Trayvon Martin hoax, like a broken record. Had the real victim, George, been attacked, wounded or murdered (God forbid), Capehart would have been among those most directly responsible – the way President B.O. and A.G. Eric Holder are directly responsible for the attacks on and murder of policemen all over the country.

Occasionally people in the W.P. comments section (me included at the time, I don’t honor W. P. with my commenting anymore) were pointing out from “a” to “z” where and how exactly Capehart was lying. In the next article he was repeating the same lies as if nothing happened. This individual has no sense of shame.

I hope the moderators will pardon my language, but this (alleged) man is dishonest, disgusting, despicable, a true emulator of President B. O.

20. Col.(R) Ken says:

Game, Set, Match! Well done Sundance!

21. John Galt says:

“Why did the truth make Mr. Capehart ill?”

Allergic reaction.

22. doodahdaze says:

Who could have guessed Capeheart is the bravest heart in the prog/lib punditry? Amazing.

23. froggielegs says:

From his article…
    “the Justice Department was able to present a credible and troubling picture of what happened on Canfield Drive. More credible than the grand jury decision to not indict Wilson. The transcript of his grand jury testimony read like so much hand-holding by the prosecution.”

No the transcript from the grand jury says the same thing the DOJ report says had Capehart and others actually read it. Only difference is, is who presented the grand jury reports to the media and public. Had Holder presented it, then it would of been believed right away. Because Bob McCulloch presnted it, it had to be a lie in his/their eyes

24. Michael Dixon says:

Who gives a damn what a reporter/columnist (interchangeable) with The Washington Post says? With the possible exception of the New York Times the Post is the foremost propaganda organ for the federal government. It is agenda driven. Of course, it is the paper of choice for many federal employees, government contractors and others who derive a living from the U.S. treasury. But once you get out of the blue state bubble discerning readers would rather not have their intelligence insulted.

• myopiafree says:

It is totally devoted to GOP BASHING. There is NO impartial statement, no balance, not ATTEMPT A BALANCE. The Front Page, almost have NO international news. It is all about some “black issue”. The idea of “impartial reporting” is totally absence from the Washington Post. (It used to be a good newspaper – a long time ago.)

25. doodahdaze says:

I want to her him confront the reason. Nobody else is even close to doing so. I keep going along with my hypothesis with no counter to it. Only obfuscation, due to political correct skewing of the facts.

26. Rodney Plonker says:

Well, it is a start. He could have said nothing.

• doodahdaze says:

100% agree.

• Les says:

I disagree, he said this:

“The report on the Ferguson police department detailed abuse and blatant trampling of the constitutional rights of people, mostly African Americans, in Ferguson. Years of mistreatment by the police, the courts and the municipal government, including evidence that all three balanced their books on the backs of the people of Ferguson, were laid bare in 102 damning pages. The overwhelming data from DOJ provided background and much-needed context for why a small St. Louis suburb most had never heard of exploded the moment Brown was killed. His death gave voice to many who suffered in silence.”

It’s a BS excuse explaining WHY it’s okay for those criminals to lie. It is just a big a lie as Hands Up, Don’t Shoot. In fact, it’s a bigger lie. Blacks commit most of the crime in this country, not just in Ferguson. That’s why they are in trouble all the damn time.

I’m sick of black crime, or black mistreatment of ALL people, and I don’t want to hear one.more.excuse.

• Les says:

And if you have ever been to a mall or theater, you know blacks don’t do anything “in silence.” Give me a break.

• joanfoster says:

Indeed, they have an insatiable desire to be seen and heard with imbecilic behavior, loud laughter and talking. It’s not just malls and theaters, it’s anywhere they are gathered.

• joanfoster says:

Their behavior in the mixed churches that I know of is such that it would not be allowed by their liberal supporters and excuse makers in other denominations. When they agree with the minister’s preaching, they stand up in the middle of the sermon and it matters not to them if those seated behind them can neither see nor hear. Wherever, they congregate, it’s all about them.

• Les says:

Poverty training teaches loud people come from families stricken by generational poverty, not because of race. I think loudness is a mix of both:

Hidden rules of poverty are:
              1. The noise level is high (TV is always on and everyone may talk at once),
              2. The most important information is non-verbal (students from poverty often miss half of
              the verbal interaction in a classroom because they are focusing on the
              non-verbals), and
              3. One of the most important values an individual brings to the group is an
              ability to entertain. The entertain rule or value often is misinterpreted in a
              school setting. The loud “show off” may only be doing what he/she is
              praised for in the neighborhood.

Or it could be this:

Male-male competition for access to sexually receptive females is a major factor in orangutan adaptation. Flanged adult males use their pendulous laryngeal sacs as a resonating chamber for the “long call,” parts of which sound like a loud roar. Sometimes the sound of a long call can carry for almost a mile. The male orangutan’s long call seems to play an important role in repelling male rivals and advertising availability to sexually receptive females. Adult male orangutans are intolerant of each other, and the encounter between two flanged adult males usually results in either aggression or avoidance. Combats almost always take place when two cheekpadded males are in the presence of a sexually receptive female. These combats may last for a few minutes (especially if the two males have fought before) or an hour or more. Males may be severely wounded during these combats.

Or this:

Intra-brood competition occurs between multiple young that are
              dependent at the same time (e.g., pups in the same litter), when
              parental investment is a fixed amount that has to be distributed
              among siblings. In this case, the extent of conflict is expected to
              depend on the available level of resources (less resources, more
              conflict), on the number of offspring competing for those resources
              (more offspring, more conflict), and, crucially, on the relatedness
              between siblings. Conflict is minimized when siblings are always
              full siblings (r .5); however, under any degree of multiple
              paternity (due, e.g., to polygamy or cuckoldry), the average relatedness
              decreases, up to the point where all of one’s siblings can be
              expected to be half-siblings (r .25), which maximizes conflict.
              For example, in a comprehensive study of passerine birds, Briskie,
              Naugler, and Leech (1994) found a negative correlation between
              begging intensity and genetic relatedness among siblings: In species
              where the genetic relatedness between siblings was generally
              low, offspring begged louder. This finding persisted even after
              controlling for the potential confounding effects of nestling size,
              nestling number, and variation in paternal care. In total, by
              straightforward application of Hamilton’s (1964) rule, decreasing
              relatedness between siblings tends to increase the extent of POC.

Or maybe all that loud music damage their hearing and they have to yell.

27. Brett says:

Jonathan Capehart, and all like him, are lying, corrupt, filth. Pure and simple.

28. doodahdaze says:

Capeheart has a point of view. I want to hear it unfiltered. JMO. Key: UNFILTERED.

• WeeWeed says:

So email (or twitter) him. Ask him.

• rsmith1776 says:

A consultation of the Washington Post Capehart archives, for those thirsty of first-hand knowledge and/or of a masochistic inclination, should be enough to put his half-baked pseudo-“confession” in the right light: the opportunistic nonsense of a bloody racist, bloody both in the derogatory/expletive sense and in that the coward is out for blood.

To this day I don’t understand why George Z. didn’t sue him, he had an ironclad case.

• lorac says:

Ask him what he is going to do to prevent himself from being reflexively prejudicial from now on.

Ask him how does he deserve his paycheck when a bunch of bloggers can investigate and read testimony to come to the truth, while his lazy, r*cist ass can only parrot the divisive, racist narrative, which has contributed to the destruction of cities and the targeting and killing of police.

If someone sells their body for sex, they’re called a prostitute. There should be a name for a “journalist” who doesn’t investigate, who just fans flames and contributes to the death of cops. Maybe “capeheart” would be a good name for such an unAmerican loser and indirect killer. Or maybe he’s the pimp – he doesn’t directly kill, he just gets others to kill cops and destroy property, just as a standard pimp doesn’t have sex with the johns himself. And both types of pimps get the bigger bucks.

• Nomadic100 says:

The word “presstitute” has already been invented.

• lorac says:

Oh, that’s right, I’ve seen that. But maybe something that also suggests the divisiveness that leads to people being murdered. After all, regular prostitutes are doing a job, they don’t kill the john (well, STDs aside). But these “journalists” don’t just mislead people, their words lead to real world consequences like destruction and death.

I really think all schools of journalism need to have their curriculum revamped. Then again, that’s probably true of most fields. I met a masters level graduate student in social work the other day, and based on her worldview, the school seems to be teaching her that it’s 1950. I don’t know what happened to the philosophy of teaching people to fish, because she sure seems to think an awful lot of types of people need a lifelong supply of fish provided to them. Guess we don’t want to encourage self-respect anymore – too American, I guess.

29. Kin Mapper says:

Was the accusation of murder of Mike Brown, of murderer Darren Wilson or an equivalent written in unequivocal form in any of these columns by this guy?

If so, Darren Wilson should add him (and his paper or papers which published him) to the dozens, if not hundreds guilty of patent defamation of Darren Wilson, including many talking heads, lawyers included, on almost all the news and the three networks.

30. BillDes says:

Amazing. I’m shocked he admitted it.

31. Amy says:

Although Brown’s shirt was blood soaked, the private forensic pathologist noted the following with regard to Brown’s shorts and socks, “Examination of the clothing…shows small dried blood drops on his khaki shorts and yellow socks most consistent with drops from the hand wound.” This was significant to prosecutors because it is not inconsistent with Brown lowering his hands and/or putting his hand(s) near his waistband.

I wonder if this is from Parcells or Baden?
    Nevertheless.. LOL! In Parks and Crumps face.. What’s the saying?

32. Amy says:

It gets better;

Brown’s DNA was found on Wilson’s uniform shirt collar and pants. With respect to the left side of Wilson’s shirt and collar, it is 2.1 trillion times more likely that the recovered DNA
    mixture is DNA from Wilson and DNA from Brown than from Wilson and anyone else.
    Similarly, with respect to a DNA mixture obtained from the left side of Wilson’s pants, it is 34
    sextillion times more likely that the mixture is DNA from Wilson and DNA from Brown than
    from Wilson and anyone else. Brown is also the source of the major male profile found in a
    DNA mixture found in a bloodstain on the upper left thigh of Wilson’s pants.
    DNA analysis of Brown’s left palm revealed a DNA mixture with Brown as the major
    contributor, and Wilson being 98 times more likely the minor contributor than anyone else.
    DNA analysis of Brown’s clothes, right hand, fingernails, and clothes excluded Wilson as
    a possible contributor.

Then in the footnotes;

While it is possible that Wilson inadvertently transferred Brown’s blood from his own hand to his gun either after the struggle or while packaging his gun (even though Wilson claimed to have already washed his hands), such a possibility is speculative. The autopsy results and bullet trajectory are consistent with Brown’s DNA being present on the gun as a result of the struggle over the gun. Regardless, the absence of Brown’s DNA on Wilson’s gun would not change the prosecutive decision.

Really?

33. zephyrbreeze says:

This time in history has done more to damage the credibility and sympathy for the black community than any other time I can remember. The blatant lies like “hands up,” the rioting, arson, looting, knockout games, the anti-white racist vitriol, the assassination of police officers and the complete lack of curiosity on the part of the leftist media, as to the FACTS, taken together mean that it will take a very long time to rebuild the reputation of the black community in the eyes of the civilized world. And the good decent members of the black community know it.

• zephyrbreeze says:

As to lack of curiosity: Notice absolutely no mention of holding Dorian Johnson accountable for his numerous lies, obstruction of justice, or his complicity in the original crime. So Capeheart continues to fall down on the job. Proof of remorse is a visible willingness to change behaviors.

• Kin Mapper says:

If you agree with me that there is probable cause for complicity in the strong arm robbery, and if you add Dorian admitted involvement in the SUV door being shut on the officer, either innocently or on purpose, then either of them if found criminal would be felonies and thus Dorian must also be charge with felony murder. None of these are slam dunks, just as the alleged rape of promptly protesting badly bruised white girl was not a slam dunk against Jameis Winston, but let it reach a grand jury and then if true bills are issued to a jury at a criminal trial or two.

It is not happening due to two very different reasons.

• nimrodman says:

zephyr – I agree with your first sentence, but I’ll disagree with “it will take a very long time to rebuild the reputation of the black community”.

I’ll postulate that that reputation will NOT be rebuilt and that we’re instead on a permanent downward trajectory now. We had the civil rights accommodations of the ’60s, and a relatively peaceful time in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s where blacks prospered for the most part – although much of that was on a blank check of welfare, food stamps, section 8, affirmative action preferences, and make-work government jobs. All on credit that’s now part of our national debt and will never be repaid. We’ll simply wake up one day and our money will be worth 1/20th what it was last week.

The Obama presidency has let the dogs off the chain. Look at the irrationality with regard to the Mike Brown case – they can’t understand the facts and won’t listen to reason. And their inflated sense of “injustice” and outright racial hatred against whites are being reinforced within their culture, by the education establishment, and by complicit media. Where in that spectrum do we see any possibility they’ll begin to behave better rather than to continue to act out in more and more pathological ways? I don’t see it.

Most whites are able to ignore the low-intensity race war that has begun (knock-out attacks, beat-downs, home invasions) – for now. But look at the well-publicized beat-downs of the past week – by girls (the McDonalds 8-on-1; the 14-yr old white girl and 5-yr old step brother). To the reasonable, it looks like civilization has left the building.

And wait til a band of 40 of them get all spun up and rage thru a neighborhood or public event in an orgy of ethnic cleansing. Not just punch-outs, but multiple deaths. Then it’ll no longer be able to be ignored.

White flight will continue at an increasing rate and will go on steroids after an event like that. There’ll be no “rehabilitation of the black reputation.” We’ll be on the way to Balkanization and ethnic conflagration.

We’ve bred a pathological criminal class and a pathological welfare class. The social pathologies of family breakdown, immorality, and leaching off the productive are not solvable. We continue to fund their breeding and proliferation, in fact. Our educational and legal systems coddle the perpetrators and excuse and explain away the mayhem.

So no, I don’t see a rebuilding of the reputation of the black community. I think we’ve gone past a tipping point. Choose your ethnic enclave carefully.

• waltherppk says:

One of the things that Martin Luther King declared in his famous “I have a dream” sppech is that America had written a “bad check” of unfulfilled promises to black people that had come back marked “insufficient funds”, and the poverty of black people was identified as an injustice linked to discrimination and segregation which imposes a lack of opportunity as a kind of substitute slavery for black people that continues the bondage and chains of past slavery.

Certainly it is true that there is a linkage between wealth and freedom in a world where so much that people may be free to do if they can afford the expense of that activity will be a freedom denied to those who haven’t the wherewithal to make that business transaction.

But that financial reality is not the same as a constitutional or ideological guarantee and promise concerning “pursuit of happiness” and other promises of opportunity which was reality being redefined by Martin Luther King in different terms substituting REALIZATION of wealth that would make available freedoms that come at a cost, “affordable” not as an opportunity realized to “pursue” but instead defined as an ENTITLEMENt for blacks. “Freedom” for blacks is redefined as a GIFT paid for by “others” (white people) and bestowed as an “inheritance” to black people as if they were somehow OWED that form of “wealth based freedom” as reparations for past injustices. If it is really examined what Martin Luther King declared, it was NOT his message that America had actually written a “bad check” to negroes at all, but the problem was a “bigger check” needed to be written than the one already paid and cashed. (Sweeten the pot “whitey” or we will burn this bitch down) was the real message.

This was a blatant outcry for wealth redistribution and a welfare state being implemented for the benefit of black people NOT so that they would have equal opportunity, but would instead have PREFERENTIAL opportunity with subsidized status created artificially at the expense of white people as payment of a “debt to black people” for historical injustices which were real and did need to be remedied, but to a far lesser extent than what followed. What has then followed is an excess of “over correction” where the scales of justice have been “weighted” like a pendulum swinging back the opposite direction to an extreme instead of achieving a reasonable and honest balance. There is a problem of “over billing” to America for whatever were actual past injustices to black people, and there has been heaped upon America financial RUIN trying to pay a “debt” that has been over billed and has been repaid several times over already. The negro “debt collector” has for several decades been engaged in usury regarding the “interest” on what it has identified as a debt and has engaged in extortion and criminal “debt collection” practices. Those black empowerment “reparations” must be phased out and brought to an end because the unjust abuses are egregious and intolerable racism based upon a falsely claimed “perpetual debt” over historical past injustice is a debt already long ago settled. That “debt” to the negro should long ago have been marked PAID IN FULL. And every continuing “debt collector” beyond that settlement should be treated as the con and thief they are.

• angel says:

“it will take a very long time to rebuild the reputation of the black community in the eyes of the civilized world. And the good decent members of the black community know it.”

Yes, they do know it.

34. archer52 says:

Too late. City burned to ground, lives ruined. Thanks for stopping by though. Nice attempt to make yourself feel better. And besides if you were sincere you would challenge the second report- as it is full of errors and bias.

Oh yeah. That’s next year. I forgot.

• myopiafree says:

At least Capeheart said that he was told a big lie by THUG and THIEF. He choose to believe the LIE, because he HATES ALL WHITE POLICE. That caused him to go totally blind to OBJECTIVE FACTS, because he was so “colored” in his “thinking”. For a lay-man I can understand it. For a REPORTER, to allow himself to be so biased – is un FORGIVEABLE BUt AT LEAST HE ADMITS TO SOME OF IT. The “justice department”, the police force KNEW THE TRUTH – ALL ALONG – as we did. Only extreme “racism” could keep lie going – for so long.

35. Bob Stone says:

Has anyone seen this yet?

No Jonathan Capehart: Hands Up, Don’t Shoot is not a “Lie”

by Frank Vyan Walton

I’m speechless.

36. Bob Stone says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the entire article rests upon this:

“The accusation that this was all a “Lie” indicates that the DOJ must have definitively proven that it simply wasn’t possible for Brown to have been shot at while his back was turned or his hands were raised based on the cold hard forensic evidence.”

I had no idea the DOJ set out to “prove” anything.