The Chapel Door is Open – Part 4

Click HERE to see Part 3 of “The Chapel Door is Open”.
Click HERE to see Part 2 of “The Chapel Door is Open”.
Click HERE to see Part 1 of “The Chapel Door is Open”.

One of the things we’ve talked about on the open threads is provided for in the Chapel in the Woods which Sundance has constructed at the lower right.  Comments and conversations about what the Bible has to say about world events have always been welcome here in the woods, and the Chapel is where we can extend those conversations.  It will be open 24/7, just like the Prayer Request thread, functioning as a “perpetual open thread.”

The Chapel is the place to drop in when we notice that our questions or statements, reasonings or fears are best expressed with a Judeo-Christian historical and spiritual context. Anyone who doesn’t care to talk about or pray to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is  just as welcome in the Chapel as they are in the Treehouse.

The tone and content of Chapel conversations is expected to be the same as elsewhere in the Treehouse: honest and thoughtful.  The Chapel has been built to provide a place for folks to discuss what the Bible says about any number of things~~past, present or future.

Argumentiveness and unkindness will be quickly deleted.  Anyone who comes through the Chapel door to argue against the Bible as our primary source of information about God and what He thinks about things will be ushered out by the ushers.  Anyone who comes to the Chapel for the purpose of Christian-bashing will be thrown out on their ear.

This nation has been a gift of God for well over 200 years, displaying among the nations what a fine thing it is when people are allowed to enjoy those things given by their Creator; among them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  The United States of America is our nation-house, and there are people trying to burn it down.

This nation is a blessing given to all of us, and there is no supposed “spiritual reason” for people who believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to sit back and fold their hands and somehow assume that it would be wrong for them to stand up and fight.  We will fight and we will stand~~and we consider ourselves free to talk about, refer to, think about and pray to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob while we do it.

So come on in.  The Chapel’s open.

Our thread was getting pretty slow to load, so this should get us back up to speed!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

397 Responses to The Chapel Door is Open – Part 4

• Ray Brensike says:

This is why I want to hear interpretation of tongues by one who spoke in tongues, and to hear this again by another, and maybe even up to 3, every time I go to church, bringing a message from heaven of edification by way of exhortation and comfort by the words the Holy Spirit teaches, If they have it, they can say it. If you have a half sentence, you can say that and God will provide the rest, and when it’s done and it’s a short masterpiece, then we all know it was God.

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Well now. I just discovered this thread. I will be back. – Michael

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

• Sharon says:

“…the fellowship of the mystery…..” yes. There’s a lot referenced in that phrase, isn’t there? We have an amazing privilege in the fact that we are in Christ – and there is certainly much mystery in God’s working in these things.

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

There is another thread we could go to discuss theology, if you want. We are suppose to stay on topic I will post this over there:

The reason for all the confusion in the professing church and myriads of denominations is not observing and obeying this verse and mixing things up. There are books in the bible for the nation of Israel and books for the Gentiles today (Romans thru Philemon) :

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Sharon says:

Oh, I hope we don’t see a major doctrinal dispute now about Replacement Theology.

The Chapel thread is indeed intended to be the place for spiritual/theological discussion. That principle, in practice, has long since gone by the wayside….

The intention from the outset was that those who do not have personal, practicing faith, or are agnostics or atheists, should not feel like they have wandered into a church. We wanted them to feel welcome as fellow citizens and concerned thinkers. So we created a particular place (the Chapel) for anyone to share regarding spiritual matters, Scripture, etc.

Oh, well. We tried.

However, the Chapel is not a place for doctrinal disputes either. Including Replacement Theology.

*sigh*

• tessa50 says:

I love the Chapel and have missed discussing things here. As usual, I have questions that I would love to talk with you about. I just can’t figure out how to ask them without it starting an argument here with those who might believe differently. I sure don’t mind differences of opinion, as I can decide for myself, but strongly dislike any kind of argument of God’s word. When we talked, you told me what you believed and showed me God’s words to back it up. We didn’t argue and I knew where to go read to decide for myself. I think it might not go that way anymore. I’m not referring to you Sharon. Some threads on the tree dealing with religious beliefs have been pretty bad.

So, I hesitate.

• Sharon says:

I understand, tessa50. I’ve sure noticed that as well. However, you and I surely still have the privilege of having a conversation as we wish! And, as usual, I can only reference Scripture as a sure source for such things.

I am astounded at what can be observed of God’s working over the centuries in varieties of workings, different cultures, contrasting church groups – the Spirit of God is faithful to Himself and to His people. Each of us can only stand where we have understanding to stand. It is neither safe nor necessary for us to “be argued into” something we are not actually comfortable with or do not actually believe.

Trying to “bend someone to my opinion” isn’t necessary – God honors the hungry heart and He does not become unkind or argumentative, or “try to dominate us” when we come with plain questions, like a child.

I am open to your questions and likely others are as well.

And if all else fails, you can always email me at mailboxesandoldbarns@gmail.com. I enjoyed our conversations a great deal.

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“the Chapel is not a place for doctrinal disputes either. ”

Those are not edifying. If anyone on the other threads had a question, I would want them to come here for me to reply, rather than get off topic on the other threads, that’s all.

2Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Tim. 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
    24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

The Church belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ. We are just suppose to do our best in applying the truth of his Word in our lives and individual assemblies through out the world, because we will only experience the perfect unity expressed in the Holy Scriptures when we are all together with him.

Ephesains 4:1 ¶ I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
    2 ¶ With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
    3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
    4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

4. C R Lord says:

A Poem from my book “From the Heart of A Servant.”

This poem came at a time in my life when I was believing I had given everything for the Lord and then the Lord showed me the truth and I have never forgotten it.

My Surrender

It is not my surrender Lord,
    I know within my heart,
    There is no willingness to give,
    Even the smallest part.

I have no care for holy things,
    Dear self I must preserve,
    I only want what’s best for me,
    More than I could deserve.

Surrender? Oh my flesh cries out,
    You ask too much of me,
    Won’t you accept a certain part?,
    I cry out desperately.

Surrender all the Spirit calls,
    I can’t my soul replies,
    And shrinking from my cross I see,
    Grief in my Savior’s eyes.

I can’t, this time with tears I fall,
    Hard at the Master’s feet,
    “The give me your weakness,” he replied,
    I’ll make your surrender sweet.

Then light poured upon me from his face,
    His truth filled my heart with peace,
    As he took my weak and wavering will,
    Surrender was sweet release.

C. R. Lord © 2007

• Vicky King says:

This entered my heart tonight. Thank for sharing.

“Then give me your weakness,” he replied,
      I’ll make your surrender sweet.
      C. R. Lord © 2007

5. Ray Brensike says:

I will be your constant companion and your dearest friend, as long as you abide in me. Let my word be your sufficiency and strength. I have great comfort to give you anytime you need it. I will never leave you and I will never forsake you. When all you have is me, that is all you will ever need.

6. Remnant says:

My husband and I got married at the chapel featured on the main page and pictured above. I love that place. There’s also a covered bridge crossing a small river leading up to it. Very peaceful setting and beautiful year-round.

7. tessa50 says:

I really wanted to put this video here for everyone, but I was afraid that as it’s sung, you won’t catch the words. So, I did it this way. I think it’s important to grab on to the younger way of music, sometimes, because there are many fine younger ones singing our Lord’s praises. Sift and choose. I really like this one. Please know, I know nothing of these two and I don’t care, because this song stirs people and maybe help will bring them to God. Good enough for me.

8. Shelley Keith Childs says:

Prayer for our country (the long form)

Thank you Lord for the privilege of this life and the privilege of this day, the privilege of growing in the grace and knowledge of God, the privilege of praying for all other people, for whom we are thankful, please work your good and perfect will in our lives this day.

We thank you and praise you for our country. Thank you that we live with relative peace and security, and that we still have the freedom to speak out against injustice when we see it. Thank you for all of the good gifts that you’ve given us, for all that we have around us, especially those things we take for granted.

Father we pray that you would give us a government with laws that promote justice, honesty and truth, bringing opportunity to those in need and having compassion on those who are broken.

Father we pray that you would give us politicians who have clarity, integrity, and passion for what is right. Give them great intelligence to solve problems, but please give them great strength of character, to stay away from anything corrupt, or sinful, as well.

Please thwart the evil plans of men, and expose the evil deeds of men so that they will not escape justice, and rescue from destruction the innocent, the helpless, the unwary, and the unsaved, especially those children and seniors who have been forcibly separated from their families, please work your good and perfect will in their lives this day. Bless and protect all who travel, conduct business or attend classes today, that they may do so free of threats, danger, and destruction, please work your good and perfect will in their lives this day.

We pray that you would bring great healing to our nation where it needs it, bring about a generation who will stand against the tide of cynicism, to act justly, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with you.

Bless all who love us and all whom we love. Bless and protect Donald Trump and his family, Mike Pence and his family, all incoming Cabinet Members and Aides to the President and their families, all lawmakers who uphold Biblical principles and their families, law-keepers in all branches of the military and in all law enforcement agencies and their families, and work your good and perfect will in their lives this day, so that they will lead spiritually fruitful, spiritually productive lives, and as happy, healthy, and long as you have appointed with your good and perfect will, free from malevolent interferences.

Protect us from a slow agonizing destruction we pray.

In Jesus’ name, for His sake, and for His glory, we pray.

Amen.