Control Through Taxing/Registration/Permitting Authority…

Whether or not you own a firearm, or care about the Second Amendment, you should watch these manuevers closely.  It ain’t about guns.

fabian-400-glassRemember when President Obama’s Office of Legal Council argued defense of “Obamacare” under the auspices of taxing authority?    Subsequently, the 10th Amendment was essentially bypassed.

This article focuses on the “buy back” possibility.   But that is not how this crew operates.  They will work through the “Permitting and/or Registration Taxation” angle.   The current administration is exceptionally skilled at using regulation (see Cass Sunstein) to control freedom.

WASHINGTON DC - Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.

“We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback.

“Confiscation could be an option,” Cuomo told The New York Times yesterday when discussing semiautomatic weapons. “Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”  (article link)

socialism_democratic_partyOnce something has to be permitted, essentially approved, the government takes full control of it.   Permitting, and the subsequent “fees” associated therewith, of guns is a slippery slope.   People need to get serious about this issue and demand their state officials declare their position regarding federal vs. States rights on firearms.

Because it won’t stop with firearms any more than it did with Healthcare and Marriage.

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Communist, Obama Research/Discovery, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Socialist, States, Tea Party, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Control Through Taxing/Registration/Permitting Authority…

1. howie says:

Don’t forget insurance.

2. lovemygirl says:

This is scarier than I originally thought.

3. LouDaJew says:

I don’t think they could afford to shell out all that money. I’m assuming that would go under printing more money from the Fed. Haven’t they heard of the Constitution? I thought they took an oath to uphold the Constitution. this isn’t Australia.

• Sharon says:

In the sense of taking the oath to uphold the Constitution “without mental reservation” as they are called to do, no, they did not “take an oath to uphold the Constitution.”

They said the words of the oath in order to be placed into office. Yes, they have heard of the Constitution. They do not support it. They do not intend to uphold it. And they are really aggravated by those of us who think they should.

They are opposed to the Constitution. That’s a fact. As will The Boy King still be opposed to the Constitution after he once again says the oath in a few weeks in which he will say that he will defend it. He does not support it. He will not defend it. He is lying. They are lying. They are all liars. So lying is what they do. They are NOT supporters of the Constitution.

And some of them never were.

4. Sharon says:

It’s sickening to observe how quickly they can organize their thoughts, develop themes, and start producing language for use in proposed legislation/regulations when they’re in the mood to do it–on something that they WANT to have happen.

Too bad they don’t care to apply those abilities to the things they are charged with doing, like preparing regular budgets for the operation of the government of the United States of America.

• Coast says:

Tyranny does have its priorities.

• Chip Bennett says:

You say that as if Obama, Van Jones, and Cass Sunstein haven’t been thinking about potential legislation since their days cutting their political teeth with the Socialist Party in Chicago many years ago…

5. Arkindole says:

This is going to get interesting real fast.
    States will be pulled into this for many reasons, and that’s the fly in the ointment.
    Got Redoubt?

• cajunkelly says:

Yes, states with be threatened with withholding of federal funding of all their *many* government programs and projects.
      And states will cry; if we don’t comply and lose federal funding we’ll have to lay off policemen and release violent criminals from our jails.

I predict that if it comes to confiscation, the South will be the most bloody. The good ole boys WILL NOT say “ohhh otay then”, and shuffle off to the long lines and turn in their weapons.

I also predict, based on previous gun buy backs, that another buy-back program will result in guns that are worthless to begin with; missing firing pins, bent barrels, etc. The filthy progs know this, and will then move to step two; confiscation.

I knew a guy years ago (now deceased), probably 35 years ago, who predicted gun confiscation. He was a prepper before the word was even coined. He sat up nights listening to “radical” late night radio. He was the only person in this area that I knew of, who had a “storm shelter” underground. He had also buried dozens of guns on his property. He’d use 6″ PVC pipe, put the gun in it, then seal the ends with PVC caps glued on. He’d bury them deep, then throw scrap metal in on top of them before filling the dirt back in…to throw off metal detectors. I’ve often wondered what happened to all those guns and his ammo (he was an avid reloader…even melted down scrap lead) after he died. Surely someone in his family knew, and “took care of it”.

Were he alive today, HE would be one of those “cold dead hand” gun owners. Of that I am 100% sure.

6. brutalhonesty says:

8:58 on…..

7. ThatOldGuy says:

Now is probably a good time to report missing/stolen firearms. Before any new legislation/raids. Wink, wink.

8. michellc says:

Wasn’t this buy back what they did in Australia and U.K.?

I would say United States citizens have more backbone but U.S. citizens already showed me they’re not made of the same stuff I always thought they were when they re-elected the dictator-in-chief.
    So I guess we’ll see how many truly believe from my cold dead hands and how many will be law abiding citizens and give the government their guns to stay out of jail.

I don’t think there is anyway the house will pass this bs but unfortunately I don’t have much confidence in my thoughts anymore. I also haven’t witnessed the Republican congress doing their job and stopping the dictator-in-chief, so if he decides the office gives him the power to sign an executive order demanding this on the grounds of safety, who is going to stop him?

Only the people can save themselves, we’ve been going down this slippery slope for a long time now and allowing the government more and more control. Just wish we had some of those Kentucky squirrel hunters today who would say this is our country.

• lovemygirl says:

While the tired old phrase “from my cold dead hands” seems silly, my weapons will be somewhere they can never find. I’m lucky enough to have many places to go but I do guarantee that they will never confiscate my weapons from my family. I was born in KY, still have my Daniel Boone Hat ;)

• michellc says:

I have always been a law abiding citizen, but if they expect me to turn in my guns then they will make me a criminal.
        That’s not to say I won’t be dead or in jail along with many others.

9. texan59 says:

A little more from DHS Insider over at CFP. They aren’t kidding folks. :evil:

• howie says:

DHS and TSA the wonderful legacy of one George W. Bush.

• texan59 says:

Gotta watch out for those compassionate conservatives. They’ll do it to ya every time. :evil:

• michellc says:

Yeah they don’t take our guns and don’t want to tax us into the poor house, but many of them don’t bat an eyelash to take away other rights.

• Chip Bennett says:

That could all be completely true, but I take everything from CFP with a grain of salt and a healthy dose of skepticism, and this reads like something straight out of The Hunger Games (literally):

During all of this, and you’ve got to remember that the dollar collapse is a big part of this, our country is going to have to be redone. I’ve seen – personally – a map of North America without borders. Done this year. The number 2015 was written across the top, and I believe that was meant as a year. Along with this map – in the same area where this was – was another map showing the United States cut up into sectors. I’m not talking about what people have seen on the internet, but something entirely different. Zones. And a big star on the city of Denver….Anyway, the country seemed to be split into sectors, but not the kind shown on the internet. Different….Across the bottom of this was written economic sectors. It looked like a work in progress, so I can’t tell you any more than that. From the context I think it has to do with the collapse of the dollar.

Again, I don’t put any of this past Obama. He has made clear his desire to destroy the US economy so that he can rebuild it into his Socialist utopia. But I have my doubts about this source… North America with no borders (Panem), economic zones (Districts), big star on Denver (the Capital)? Hmm…

• texan59 says:

Chip – would agree with you about some of these things. Just like with Ulsterman, I read each with a large shaker of NaCl by my side. But……………
        I always carry my tin-foil with me. :D

• michellc says:

They want you to think people are kooks who buy into any of this. How could people be this evil, how could they actually do this, how would they go about it, it’s crazy to think the government would be involved, etc. etc.
          Read through the communist agenda from the early 60’s and how much of their agenda can be checked off and it’s not that far fetched to see what this interview describes becoming fact.

I’ve done way too much research on Obama and his friends to not believe they will try this. The question is not if they will try it’s if they will succeed.

Just take Feinstein for an example at first she was saying she’s been working on this bill for over a year and all these guns would be exempt and the bill would just stop the manufacturing and selling of certain guns. In a short amount of time that has changed to buy backs. Whatever part of their agenda they bring out into the light, you know what they’re keeping hid in the shadows is much worse.
          Once again though the question is will they succeed? Is there enough in the house who are not bought off to at the very least hold their ground on this one agenda?

• sundance says:

Denver actually adds something that makes it more credible than less.

We have researched Denver in years past. There is a “there” there. Just not sure to what extent.

• michellc says:

I don’t know the why as I wasn’t given anything but do not head toward Colorado if the SHTF by a 20 year navy officer, he went on to tell me it would be smart to not head north or east either, but he made a point of telling me to avoid Colorado at all costs.
          I tried to press him on what was in Colorado, but all he would say is he can’t even tell his wife everything, but he can give subtle warnings.

I never know who or what to believe, but that has nagged at me about Colorado because it always seems as if folks are mentioning Denver or Colorado.

• michellc says:

That’s some scary stuff, not something I haven’t heard before and not really anything surprising for those of us who have done just a little research on Obama and friends.

As for those doctor questions, my doctor up to this point has refused to question his patients but when my husband and son have both went to either ER or minor emergency within the last year they refused to answer their questions or lied.

• howie says:

All this is, is this. Post Constitutional American Trading Zone. One Currency. I doubt by 2015 but ya never know. Mexico and Canada would have to go along. I doubt they are as stupid as we are.

• cajunkelly says:

I dunno ’bout Canada. Remember, they shuffled off to the long lines to surrender their guns.

• michellc says:

Isn’t Mexico the country with basically a total gun ban with only the corrupt government and drug cartels being armed?
          So the corrupt Mexican government I doubt would have a problem with it, except for one currency would hurt their profits.

I have the answer, I just don’t know how to translate it to the masses, but we need this country to turn back to God, that is our only hope. Sadly though, I don’t think that will happen and believe God forewarned us that more would turn away from instead of to God.

10. This is a 5 W question –

Who – The government, it’s officers, the power brokers, the deal makers etc.

What – Total control, weather it’s medicine, food, guns, property, birth rates or population

Where – Everywhere, though there will be places that resist longer

Why – At a base emotional level it’s greed and power, entitlement, altruism, to do “good”

When – Slowly and incrementally, with each passing day the needle moves in their favor.

There are only three types of people, wolves, dogs and sheep, most sadly are sheep. The wolves feel they are entitled to be the masters and should make all the decisions regardless of the cost to the sheep. The sheep don’t really care as long as there is a field of green grass in front of them, or the illusion of it. The dogs even though they are few try to heard the sheep away from the danger posed by the wolves.

The wolves see the sheep as nothing more than a food source to be controlled and herded to the dinner table whenever they are hungry. Taxes, regulations, rules, laws, tags, and whatever else the wolves devise are just tools to direct the sheep.

The sheep never think, they never question, they don’t resist because the wolves let them roam around a pasture of green grass under the auspice of protection from the dogs.

The dogs try to warn the sheep, they bark, they howl, they growl at the sheep trying to save them as small groups are mindlessly driven off to the den full of hungry wolves. The dogs cries go unheard because the sheep have been promised a bountiful filed of green grass that has no end.

When it happens…. And it WILL HAPPEN…. there won’t be enough dogs left to stop the slaughter.