Rebel Alliance Ground Reports – What’s Your Current COVID Living Status?…

With such incredible disparity between the states of our republic, I’m curious what is the current status of the COVID lifestyle near you.   What is going on in/around your town, city, region or hamlet?

This isn’t just a typical request for ground reports, it’s also a little selfish.  You are helping me with advanced recon for a travel itinerary.  It is quite amazing the scale of difference between states.  The media reports in large generic terms, but the stuff that matters is how it impacts your life; your daily function.  That’s what we are all interested in.

It is quite remarkable how different life amid COVID is within each state, even when two states are right next to each other.  So how is it your area?

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

1,110 Responses to Rebel Alliance Ground Reports – What’s Your Current COVID Living Status?…

1. Gerry says:

Fairfax VA

Hi y’all. Reporting in from Northern Virginia (very Blue).
    People here are SHEEP. I see too many of these idiots driving in their car, by themselves with the windows closed still wearing a mask in the freak’in car!

We are going to level 3: social distancing and masks.
    “Virginia Governor Ralph Northam is ushering the state into the final stage of his “Forward Virginia” reopening plan. Phase three began on Wednesday, July 1.

During this phase, stores, restaurants and bars no longer have capacity limits, but social distancing measures will still be required. That also includes salons and barbershops.

Movie theaters, bowling alleys, and other indoor entertainment venues can finally reopen but only at 50 percent capacity. Meanwhile, more people can work out at the gym, which will have a capacity cap of 75 percent.”

• ibid says:

Same with Colorado-at-large.
      If the local gov’t. is democrat (most of them), masks are required in shops no matter what.
      Yesterday I watched three middle aged people ride their (very expensive Catrike 3000) tricycles through the local Walmart parking lot. Fresh air everywhere, and they all had masks on.
      The funny part? Those cycles put your backside about 4″ off the ground-they are NOT for off road- and yet that is exactly where they took them. 1/4 mile later each of these three idiots were carrying them across the field.
      The only thing missing was a muddy puddle.

2. thedoc00 says:

Collin County, TX: Many businesses have at least read the full text of Governor Abbot’s executive order, which clearly states “masks are required if 6 feet of social distancing is not possible”.

Do not be fooled like many people, Texas democrats and the MSM slobs that say a mask is required.

The onerous part of the order is the requirement for “THE NUMBER OF CASES” of Wuhan Virus to drop below 20 for a county to be excused from the EO.

While it was clever of the Governor to play off the ambiguity of 6 feet or mask, it was still cowardly of him to issue this order and especially the impossible 20 case requirement, which democrat municipalities can sustain at will.

Of interest regarding the hoax-demic is the headlines from the news on Friday (3 July) trumpeting 50,000 new cases a day while the democrat county commissioner of Dallas County stating 1,200 new cases overt he weekend (population 2.6 million) and Tarrant County Commission claiming 900 new cases over the weekend (population 2.1 million). They both want a massive shut down to stop the spread of the disease.

• Eagle61 says:

thedoc00,

If you’ll notice, the reported number of cases accelerated right after the definition of being Covid positive was changed by the TX Dept. of Health. The number of new cases now includes probable positive cases which includes immediate family members, friends and associates. Therefore, the push for contact tracing was a ploy to extend the partial or full lock downs in Texas.

• thedoc00 says:

My point at the end was the democrats and media were trumpeting 50,000 new cases per day on Friday (3 July), which should have lead to over 150,000 cases being reported on Monday (6 July).

Yet, two of the largest metropolis regions of the states barley reported 2,200 (reports by the democrat and RINO leadership) cases total for the weekend. It was a hyped lie, even with the over expanded criteria, not requiring tests.

• TheWanderingStar says:

State of Texas Department of Health and Human Services is chock full of liberals, communists and dims. Always has been.

• thedoc00 says:

Had a daughter who worked in TX DPH and Williams County DPH. Both are choked full of political friends and nepotistic appointments. She received rave reviews from all the state and national level Dr.’s, Vets and Epidemiologists she supported as part of the all the Disease outbreaks under Obama, writing disaster plans, working on anaimal disease suppression in West Texas as well as for her work running a shift at the response center in Houston during one of the hurricanes as 24 year fresh out of college grad. She could not get promoted as she did NOT have the right connections. She was more than academically and professionally qualified but always lost out to a friend of friend with none of the right certifications or background. She left the profession much to the chagrin of all the people she supported.

Governor Abbott is paying the price for a poorly staffed DPH that he did not feel the need or urgency to fix.

• testpointwp says:

This is the the form linked to by the State of TX and likely used by other states as well –

Click to access pui-form.pdf

It is long and looks formal. However, to report a Covid positive and possibly receive reimbursement from the feds to the health care provider, all that is required is that the patient felt feverish (page 2 second box). The case can be listed as probable and confirmed even if there was no lab test and no other symptoms.

Headache, sore throat and fatigue are also sufficient to be listed as Covid symptomatic.

• thedoc00 says:

As I have said before, these are also common symptoms of allergic reactions to allot of the flora and fauna we have here in Texas. Plus, I could name a few maladies that are not viral that have the same symptoms such as Type II diabetes. They there are the actual cold and flu symptoms before getting to Wuhan Virus.

3. Daniel says:

I live in midtown east manhattan, across from the UN. Besides working from home, I had zero life interruptions. Yes, a bit longer of a wait for elevator, yes, angry looks for not wearing a mask while socially distancing, yes, constant peer pressure to succumb to covid as the Holy Spirit and acknowledge a new normal. But all those r pressures we expected to come regardless, under the flag of “change” espoused by obama et al. I wave my american flag every chance I have, they WILL
    NOT TREAD ON US.

4. Varg says:

NE Wisconsin (Fox River Valley): People here have come to the general conclusion that the pandemic is a political tool. Some people wear masks, but most don’t. Most restaurants are open for dining in with reduced seating (There’s even a buffet or two open!). Most places have somewhat reduced hours due to reduced sales and extra cleaning.

The state legislature’s recent win in the WI Supreme Court seems so far to have pulled the teeth from our Democrat governor regarding COVID.

5. Larry Johnson says:

Spokane WA:
    50% in masks (mandated for all) in WA big box and grocery stores, most people have one on to enter, then take off and shop without. Less than 10% in motorcycle shops and parts stores. Most restaurants open with spacing. Harbor Freight is electronic payment or exact change only due to coin shortage, only place I had seen that.
    Coeur d’Alene ID:
    Some masks in stores and almost all servers. About 25% in masks in big stores. Almost normal!
    Western Montana:
    People are ignoring the virus, and it is ignoring them.

6. Gayle says:

Tulsa, OK. Covid who? Seeing some elderly people wearing masks and those that still watch the alphabet soup channels. Eating out, tables are distanced. Everything else seems pretty normal except for the “we are all going to die if we don’t listen to the celebs and stay home” commercials. Come to Oklahoma Sundance, people are still reasonably sane here!!

7. CC says:

Joliet IL…is a Chicago ‘mini me’. No big protests, a few small local ones in less affluent areas. Joliet police are accused of killing a black man (I don’t know the whole story–see Joliet Patch) Central and Southern IL are less stressed with Covid but suffer from higher unemployment–Livingston and Kankakee counties not as bad, Livingston better than Kankakee county. I-80—Pothole central through Will County…expect a flat tire. Streator seemed better, earlier this year. Masks enforced in some Joliet stores, not in the gas stations…some wear them, some don’t.

Price of gas is around $2.40 a gallon. Gas tax just went up. Most truckers fill up in Missouri, Indiana and Iowa, to avoid IL higher gas price. Gas prices usually change on Weds. or Thursdays.

Pritzker is a Coumo wanna-bee, so plan accordingly. Indiana is faring better…beaches were open this past weekend.

Wisconsin does not want any travelers…I mean the locals, when I say Wisconsin, especially the FIFI (freakin’ idiots from Illinois).

From April: https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg-hinz-politics/midwest-governors-form-covid-coalition

Trying to get everyone on the same Plandemic Plan.

Good luck and safe travels….watch out for the truckers, they can be aggressive drivers on I-80 in Will County, recent wrecks with fatalities. Hope this helps.

• CC says:

I stay out of Walmart…lots of change in the demographics of shoppers of my area…there are times I have felt like it would not take much for a fight or whatever.

Franchised food chains follow the contact-less serving, social distancing etc. Stores have TP but no lysol wipes or sprays. No Lysol laundry disinfectant. Lots of dryer sheets (fabric softener). Food seems plentiful but if you have a favorite, the stores might be out of the item. Its hit or miss.

8. MNcarrypermitholder says:

Semi-rural southeast MN here. Things are mostly normal here. Most people aren’t wearing masks, but a few are. So far, I have witnessed exactly zero disputes over wearing them, and no one has given me so much as a funny look when I’m out and about without one.

I do keep a 3M half-face respirator in my vehicle, in case I ever need it. I’ve modified it with an exhalation filter. I’m designing a PAPR to go with it because I don’t want to shave my beard.

I’ve been 3D printing masks to hand out. Not a lot of takers so far.

Restaurants are open. We are still doing takeout, so I don’t know for sure if they are doing indoor seating or not, but most of them have tables set up on the street, and I usually see people sitting at them.

In theory, nothing in my building is open to walk-in visits, but the doors are open during normal hours. Management wants employees back in the office, but the Governor’s directive is to continue to allow and encourage anyone who can work from home to do so, so we are.

Although I’m living life as if everything was normal, I am retaining a high level of preparedness. I’m keeping food, household goods, medical supplies, etc all above my normal levels.

I’ve seen arguments, backed up by data, that suggest that “country” and “state” are the wrong scales to be looking at this. When viewed at the city or county level, most of them are doing fine, but some of them are doing very badly. By inappropriately aggregating those smaller areas, both “sides” are obscuring what is really happening. If you are reading this, I urge you to ignore your state’s numbers – try to get the data on the nearest cities and counties.

9. WIVoter says:

Did anyone catch Dick Morris on NewsmaxTV saying President Trump should sign an EO that everyone must wear a mask? I put on NewsmaxTV because i don’t want to have Fox on the television but NewsmaxTV is a “respectable” conservative/moderate channel that uses the Washington Post, New York Times, CNN talking points to decide what they will talk about for the day. At least, that is my opinion.

• thedoc00 says:

No comment on the quality of any actual news or news commentary on Newsmax.

Keep in mind that Dick Morris is a long time friend of the Clinton Family, no matter the party affiliation after his name.

10. merlintobie says:

Southern Oregon

I’m still a #MaskVirgin (get that trending)

Commie Kate made them mandatory July 1. How I hate her. Anyhoo, I did a HUGE shop June 30, so my virginity WOULD be safe until October or so, but I had to make a DMV appointment to renew the license next week (still only $40 for 8 years, a miracle)

since I don’t own a mask (#MaskVirgin), I plan to duct tape a thin paper napkin to my face, quoting our fine men in blue “F— Kate Brown”

11. coldangeringa says:

Gwinnett County, GA – businesses are open but trying to find the right mix of process, procedure, protective wear and freedom. My barber shop is open but half the seats have been removed, barber wears a mask and wipes seat down with disinfectant between patrons. Some restaurants open for dine-in with wait staff masked and fewer tables. Butcher shop requiring masks, dry cleaning unrestricted, super market has uni-directional aisles, plexiglass at checkout, an attendant wiping down carts with disinfectant but no mask requirements. Banks open for drive-thru. Purchased tires form my vehicle, online only with appointment only installation. Gun range is open by appointment with use of every 3rd lane and mask required.

Youth sports have resumed with a wide variation in protocols. Sons’ teams have staggered drop-off, parents must remain in cars, temperature checks, designated team areas and mandatory hand disinfectant post-practice. Dentist and orthodontist have resumed with half-capacity scheduling. One-month to school openings and there is tremendous uncertainty/variability. HS football is problematic for those districts that want to remain virtual as the football teams would still be on campus, practicing, etc. So if football can, why can’t we? is the natural question; leading some schools to offer choice of in-person (up to some designated capacity) or virtual while mandating that football players choose in-person.

Mask usage varies and is correlated to the political leanings of the area/store or the age/risk population of the patrons. Virtue signaling for some while others simply want to avoid the wrath of the Karens.

12. r says:

Rural Minnesota, USA. County full of elderly. Not a single COVID19 death here to date. The virus is real, but the whole thing feels like a hoax here.

• steph_gray says:

I am in blue MA which has the 4th highest death rate in the country.

And the whole thing has ALWAYS felt like a hoax to me.

I calculated my personal percentage chance of dying from COVID-1984, even at the age of 67, based on all the deaths to (a recent) date in the state, to be 0.092% (92 deaths in 100,000).

Changing life for a risk of less than a tenth of a percent is simply nuts. Always has been.

Getting on the road with Mass drivers has always scared me a great deal more.

13. Meg Stafford says:

I’m in Nebraska. I’ve never missed a day of work. I don’t wear a mask unless I have to go into Menards. My dad, 92, has kidney failure so I place his groceries and mail on the back porch. We try to stay apart at work but clients come in and out all day. I’m not sure I know anyone who had the virus. Very little has changed.

• Cynthia says:

In NE as well. What’s weird to me is the lack of people in stores besides grocery stores and big box stores. Some restaurants still not open in Lincoln, but I’m beginning to think these are corporate edicts coming from outside of the Midwest. Seems like all locally owned restaurants, coffee shops, etc. are open – and you don’t even have to wear a mask. (I refuse to shop Menards due to the mask business. Hard to ever find somebody who actually works there . . .)

14. Northern GA is nearly back to normal. You see older folks wearing masks. Blue Ridge cancelled their 4th of July parade but everything was open downtown. I’d say foot traffic was about 30-50% of what it would normally have been on the 4th (the place has been packed the last few years). All the restaurants were open, they seems to be running on reduced seating like the state told them you could have X number of people for your size. no social distancing at all. Sat at the bar. employees had to wear masks, customers didn’t seem to give a shit any more. Now judging by the traffic getting in and out of town all the cabin rentals were full so people were up there just not down in town.

15. Redwishes says:

Idaho here – We live about 30 minutes from the Boise city limits where the new mayor instituted a mask mandate beginning at 12:01 on the 4th of July – misdemeanor fine if caught indoors or outdoor public areas without one. smh.

We visited Cabelas on the 3rd of July to try to buy some new sunglasses. The gal working the counter pushed a box of masks at me and said I needed to wear one to look at the sunglasses. So, I responded that No I won’t and I would just spend my money elsewhere.

The mask conformity has def increased in the area this last week. Nearly everyone in the grocery stores wears them voluntarily. Enough to make non wearers think they are mandatory. Makes no sense to me. We’ve been going to the same grocery store once or twice a week since January and this hasn’t been a problem. Now all of a sudden masks are the saving grace? Lots of fear mongering happening via local news. But the numbers just don’t equal the panic. It’s mind boggling. As of this morning the entire state has 8,052 positive and probable cases and 94 deaths total. Ya, isn’t it nice they include “probable” in that figure? But conveniently no “recovery” numbers are cited. How many have recovered? https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/

My neighbor (pretty conservative guy) tells me all the time that he wears a mask for my safety. I finally asked him what he was keeping me safe from? He said “covid!” So I said “if you’re sick, especially w Covid, just stay the hell home!”

Anyhoo – so far no mask mandate in our small town of Star. And very little mask wearing going on period here. I work in Meridian (also close to Boise) and no mask mandate there, although strongly encouraged. My boss told me yesterday that if the Meridian Mayor does force a mask mandate that she will close the doors. She refuses to FORCE her employees and customers to wear a mask.

Fight On Good Patriots! Fight On!

• Bonner county ID outside of Sandpoint: Virus has changed our lives 0.0%. Don’t own mask and see very few. Some of the local restaurants never closed but did move tables further apart. The local parade for the 4th was very well attended and I saw 2 masks. We saw the Sandpoint fireworks from the boat, they were fabulous.

Sandpoint proper is where the nuttiness congregates. We try to stay away at all costs but we did that before the virus. We do need to go to a Walmart outside Sandpoint from time to time. The employees are required to wear masks but only about 10% of the local population does.

• Redwishes says:

Green Dragon – that’s great to hear! Had some friends spend the 4th in Sandpoint and they said it was wonderful! Have been wanting to come check it out myself!

• Boisean says:

I noticed the increase in masks before the Boise mandate as well. Before July 4, I stocked up so I could avoid shopping in Boise. When I need to restock, I’ll shop in Meridian, unless it institutes a mask mandate too. My little nephew had to get his blood drawn. He passed out while hyperventilating through a mask, poor kid.

16. John Deaux says:

Deep down in southeastern La. It’s not and steamy, no state mandate for masks to the general public, no travel restrictions. Employees who face customers have to wear masks statewide and businesses have the option to implement masks but haven’t heard of any doing so. If traveling to NOLa, Baton Rouge or any such places consult their local into the to different situations there.

• dffla says:

Central Florida here. Citrus and Marion county are not requiring mask. Employees wear them as expected, but few customers, mostly the elder crowd. Alachua county has a mandatory mask requirement with a progressive fine and court appearance on the third time you are caught without a mask. They also have higher increases of covid 19. They claim the younger student population, but the 70k student population has left.

17. Jayne Kloth says:

Pickens South Carolina. So gald to be living in SC!! We moved from Illinois 17 years ago and never went back. Life is pretty much normal here. You do see some folks- mostly older- wearing masks but at most I’d say it’s 30% of the population. There are some stores and restaurants requiring masks but I just won’t shop there. I work for an independent grocer with several stores and we provide masks & gloves for all employees but don’t require it- the big conventional grocery stores all require their employees to wear them, even if it is optional for patrons. Going into Greenville- about 30 minutes away, that is more liberal so you see more stores requiring masks and more young and middle aged folks choosing to wear them in public. I just avoid Greenville. We went out on the Harley for the 4th and rode all through the mountain towns of SC and NC. What a stark contrast in North Carolina! Masks are required in a lot of places and funny thing- I saw very few American flags or indications of 4th of July celebrations. Seemed to be a correlation between mask mandates and visual signs of Patriotism.

18. lillyt1 says:

Memphis. City and county mask required. Restaurants at 50%, but lots of Karens. Some unrest. We’re staying in and playing golf in hood – only going out to Costco or to get BBQ.

19. ChuckE says:

I live in Crossville TN, about 1/2 way between Nashville and Knoxville. The county straddles I-40 and sits on the Cumberland Plateau at about 2,000 ft elevation. Beautiful scenery, parks, golf, hiking and fishing. We have a large retirement age population here but have been very fortunate to not have experienced much of the Covid impact. Our county sends us a daily update to keep us informed. I’ve included a recent report as an example.

County Mayor’s Notes – July 6th, 2020

Cumberland County COVID-19 Update

52 active cases (-3 from previous day)

183 positive cases (+2 from previous day)
    127 recovered (+5 from previous day)
    4 deaths officially reported (+0 from previous day)
    14 hospitalizations (+0 from previous day) *
    7,236 negative tests (+113)
    2.47% percent of those that have been tested were positive
    0.31% percent of residents have tested positive
    0.09% percent of residents have active cases

These numbers are intended to be a brief summary of the information provided by the Tennessee Department of Health. More detailed information can be found
    here.

* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized. This does not mean the patient was hospitalized in Cumberland County. It means that a Cumberland County resident was hospitalized at some point.

Masks (Face Coverings) I know several medical professionals in the area. I even have some good friends that spent several weeks treating COVID-19 patients in Italy at the height of the pandemic. Their views on the effectiveness of wearing masks, and COVID-19 in general, are as varied as what you see nationally. I also see that wide range of opinions in the emails and calls I receive, and in messages and posts on social media. People in my family and in my church don’t always agree on this issue, and that’s ok. We all need to respect those with differing views. We are a community.
    Personally, going forward, I will be more diligent about wearing my mask when I’m out and unable to properly social distance. Why you might ask? Well, why not? If the experts that believe wearing masks help to prevent the spread are correct, then we may just avoid another shutdown or keep a family member from getting sick. If those that believe masks are ineffective are correct, what have we lost?

Just before 6:00 PM on Friday, July 3, Governor Bill Lee signed Executive Order 54 giving County Mayors the authority to require masks or face coverings in the 89 counties with state run Health Departments. Cumberland County is one of those 89. Legally those Executive Orders have the effect of law.

Here in Cumberland County, our cases are still quite low. As you can see in the data above, the active cases as a raw number and as a percentage of our population remains low, as does our percent positive. I’m sure we all want to keep it that way.
    I believe in making data driven decisions. The complete set of data I have available to me is the same set of data you have available to you (see the link above). There are downloadable datasets, but detailed information at the county and community level is not shared with us by the State. I don’t know where those that are positive live, or how they got sick. I will continue to monitor the situation.

Looking past the numbers, I believe we all have freedom and a choice in how we react to the pandemic. We have the freedom to choose to stay away from businesses that we feel are unsafe. We have the freedom to believe it’s political. We have freedom…at least here in Tennessee.

Although I will not be mandating the use of masks, I am encouraging all Cumberland Countians to use a mask or face covering following the Governor’s guidelines, to make sure to socially distance, and to wash your hands frequently. You don’t have to. You may not believe it will help. But I believe it is worth a try.
    Health Department Testing and Cloth Masks

The local Health Department (1503 South Main Street) is conducting drive through testing, free of charge, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. No doctor’s order is required, and no appointment is necessary. Anyone can be tested regardless of symptoms.

Free cloth masks are available at the Health Department for those that want one. Stop by Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm to pick one up for each individual in your household.

Census Cumberland County is, unfortunately, in second place in the Upper Cumberland in census response rates. Putnam County has a response rate of 65.1% while Cumberland County is only at 59.8%. Our response rate percentage is at a negative variance of 8.7 percent compared to 2010, so we are really behind. August 11th is the official start of non-response follow up operations (door knocking) and October 31st marks the end of the census.

Please take the time complete your census by visiting http://www.2020Census.gov or calling 844-330-2020 to get counted today! It matters.

I send my newsletter updates multiple times a week, excluding the weekends, but I update my social media almost daily. If you want to get these updates more frequently, please subscribe to my newsletter. Click these links to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor.

Allen Foster
    Cumberland County Mayor

• Reilly17 says:

East Tennessee here, just outside Knoxville. Haven’t worn a mask except for doctor appointments where required. My mother-in law (95) is at an independent living facility which requires masks to enter. She is fed up with the whole thing and at her request we have gone out to dinner many times since restaurants have opened. Most establishments don’t require masks and if they do I don’t patronize ( I have a low blood oxygen level). Recently Knoxville mayor doubled down on mandating masks but the sherrif’s dept. said they would not enforce because it is unconstitutional. One of many reasons I love TN!

20. Washington State-
    We are stalled in our “Phase 2” of Jay Inslee’s phased approaches to restoring Constitutional freedoms to his “subjects”. We have more reported cases in our state, but the reported numbers of deaths continue to decline. Bars remain closed until Phase 3, and recently, the crime tape (used to prevent access) was removed from all the kid’s playground equipment in my little town.
    Most notably, our Commissioner of “Giving the most to Democratic campaigns” who has a side gig as our Commissioner of the Employment Security, is now responsible for nearly $1 Billion of Unemployment checks going to some prince in Nigeria. People humbly seeking help from the State Unemployment Agency are held on telephonic hold for hours with zero results. 30 something year olds are moving back home to live with their retiree parents. (More than normally exist here in the Seattle area)
    Overall, I remain optimistic that the entrepreneurial spirit of my small business community will rise to the occasion. We have lost a few small businesses.
    I do not believe our Governor survives this nightmare politically.

21. CC says:

Again from Joliet….stay out of Chicago!!!!

22. adagio54 says:

Maine.

Democrat governor: Janet Mills

Just received a questionnaire this morning from the Republican House Members with a variety of questions from whether children should return to school to should the governor’s emergency edict be extended.

I did a lot of grocery shopping last Friday at my local grocery store. I did not wear a mask. I am told that I would be required to wear a mask now or be turned away. My kids may intervene again and do my shopping for me. Oh no! 😏

The 4th of July was loud and bright with fireworks going off until well past midnight.

23. Pegm says:

We live in Nampa Idaho and are pretty much open. Still limited seating in restaurants, but as far as I can tell, most everything is hopping. Facemasks are optional, we pretty much do as we please. Our county has had a total of 6 deaths last I looked a few days ago, hasn’t changed in months. Ada County (Boise) went back to stage 3 a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty liberal, so not surprised they hyperventilated when cases started going up.

24. Kansas

Masks mandatory as of last Friday.

25. 55praises says:

Columbia River Valley, central WA:
    We are required to wear masks when in public, however it is not strictly enforced in our more rural areas. I work outdoors at a big box store and do not wear one all the time, only when I have to go inside the store.

Some stores still monitor customer capacities but there don’t seem to be wait lines as before. Restaurants are open for take-out or drive-thru only. Our church re-opened a few weeks ago on a pre-registration basis to limit capacity.

A local fruit packing plant has recently had some workers become sick, and more tested positive. As with the national trend of younger people spreading the disease, Chelan County stats show that is the case here as well.

26. Miami County, Ohio here. N.E. of the Cincinnasty/I-275 belt loop.
    Where suburbs and God’s country meet.

In the immediate area maybe 50/50 wearing their muzzles. Up the road in more yuppie/pretentious areas much higher. Disgustingly these self-righteous muzzle wearers also tend to wear gloves which they pitch on the pavement outside of the stores. Parking lots covered with tossed muzzles and gloves from my “betters”…. I get dirty looks for being a non-conformist at Wholepaycheck. (only place to reliably find So Delicious Non-dairy Cashew Milk Ice Cream.)

Just 15 minutes from the house in God’s country (where I used to live) NO ONE wearing muzzles. TRUMP signs professionally and homemade abound.

Gov dewhine is making noise about school kids third grade and up wearing masks full time in school. Should that happen we will be home schooling our granddaughter/daughter.

I’m wearing a heart monitor and in the group that “should” be wearing a mask but I’ll be damned if I will submit! If I die, I’ll die. But I won’t kneel.

• SarcasticConservative
      0 ups, 2m
      The hoarded N 95 mask filters are useless against COVID-19

“Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years teach you about MASKS. COVID 19 virus particle size averages 125 nanometers (0.125microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns; one needs an electron microscope to see a COVID 19 virus particle. The hoarded N 95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virions (virus particles).

This is a simple fact, so you just cannot argue against it. Other surgical masks, home-made masks and kerchiefs do the following:

They allow free passage both ways (in and out) of COVID 19 virions.

they become a warm, damp or moist reservoir of COVID 19 particles in asymptomatic “carriers” (estimated to be 85% of all people tested). For surgeons, years of training, intimidation, and humiliation teach us to touch NOTHING but our surgical field. Lay people constantly touch, re-arrange, and manipulate their “masks”, wonderfully inoculating thousands of virus particles onto their bare or (even worse, gloved) hands.

So, these absurd masks ENCOURAGE the fomite transmission (“infected” articles-to-hand-to face transmission of the virus). So, go ahead and allow idiots to delude and mislead you to the false sense of security—and danger—of masks!”

—Doc Graham, MD

“The average healthy person does not need to have a mask, and they shouldn’t be wearing masks. There’s no evidence that wearing masks on healthy people will protect them. They wear them incorrectly, and they can increase the risk of infection because they’re touching their face more often.”

—Eli Perencevich, MD, professor of medicine and epidemiology at the University of Iowa’s College of Medicine

Here’s why the vast majority of people should NOT be wearing face masks to combat COVID-19.

More >> https://interestingengineering.com/face-masks-might-actually-increase-infection-risk-for-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR2OvBjogzGdiV92_TD_IKpquD_HgIdHdgMmno6rqf9EGQjz_OmSXoSHcPE

• NanetteDragoon says:

@mycro… I concur sir. It is really sad when one understands fully the wisdom of microbiology and our protective gear’s inabilities against such viruses, yet a government will go through hoops to force such idiocracy upon it’s people. Plus, I think they know what they do too! Thus, making them far more vulnerable to the virus. If one actually knows and understands this is more harmful to one’s health and doesn’t follow mandates to use the gear, then they will be fined and jailed. This is not right….

• Cynthia says:

God bless you! With ya 100%!

• Ooops-Miami Township

27. Rapid city SD. All clear here. Stores and shops open, restaurants open.

28. Rapid city SD. All clear here. Stores and shops open, restaurants open.

29. Sugarhillhardrock says:

In NH, Nashua instituted a rule that required masks in early May, if memory serves. I crossed visiting that city off my list and with the Governors relaxing of shutdown, I have not checked back to see if it still is in effect.

Central and Northern NH has lots of mask wearers. Everyone social distances. Things are getting back to normal. Restaurants are open and other businesses, as well. I believe the death rate has dropped. There was one elderly death two days ago, don’t know about yesterday.

• steph_gray says:

If I recall correctly, the mask Dictat from RINO Baker happened here in MA on May 6. At that point I started slipping over the nearby border up to Nashua to grocery shop. I think I got to do that only for about two trips before Nashua did it too.

Howie Carr calls it a game of one-upmanship amongst the Tinpot Tyrants of New England.

30. Rammsteinrules says:

St. Charles County, MO (just outside St. Louis)
    Not a very big deal in this county. St. Louis county is much “stricter”…i.e. totalitarian. Hit the store last Friday. Decent crowds. Maybe 25% wearing masks. Even have rush hour traffic. Other than being a forced recluse (i have COPD) there really is not much of a change. A few things are scarce at the store but there are alternatives available. Gun sales are up and ammo can be scarce at times. And everyone has probably seen the cul-de-sac commandos….that is pretty much the sentiment in my area. I still talk to some of my neighbors, no one seeking any trouble but if it arrives here….gtfo (that includes the people of color neighbors too). Overall MO has remained pretty “open” during this whole mess. Lots of restaurants hit hard. Uncertain if they are now allowing dine in here since i rarely eat out like that.

31. ezduzit63 says:

Central Indiana ..Union Facilities demand Worker Masks while the Public refuses to wear them. Employees fired at Auto facilities for refusing them.Unions in my opinion excposing their Marxist alignment. ESOPs needed.

32. tbf108 says:

Waterloo IA. Gov Reynolds has been great. Plenty of sheep, though. Tyson Foods ruined the plans to open up and we’ve been seeing a rise in positive cases ever since infected employees were sent to Waterloo to cover absenteeism. This is including my employer. We make tractors. General consensus is that this China Virus is a political tool. Masks are everywhere, even in cars with windows down or people walking around outside. Lots of double standards. For example, no Irish Fest, no Sturgis Falls, no July 4th celebrations…. But our Democrat Mayor had a large public and outside Juneteenth celebration on July 3rd. I thought there were rules against large gatherings?!?!

33. snarkybeach says:

Northeastern Louisiana. According to the state health website, my parish has 2694 cases and 80 deaths. Our D governor still has the state under phase 2 lockdown rules and masks are mandatory. it is rumored that the state won’t open until next year (goodbye tourist and other industry) but the politicians don’t seem to care. I don’t wear one out and about but plenty of people do.

34. John F. Sullivan says:

Newcomb, New York is low population town in the middle of the high peaks of the Adirondack mountains. (Less than 500 year round population) you can get a better view of the area if you goto the web site (Newcombny.com). To the best of my knowledge, we have no cases of China virus. The Hudson River starts in Lake Clear of the Clouds which is on Mount Marcy and runs South to New York Harbor and is just East of my house. As tradition goes, there is no law West of the Hudson. No masks,no hotels,banks supermarkets,gas stations or hospitals. One can swim and hike in the Summer; hunt in the Fall; ski in the Winter and fight black flies in the Spring. The state and the area is sorely in need of conservatives.

35. magatrump says:

In the communist state of Pa central part.
    We are in the green phase which means all stores are open at 50% capacity. masks are mandatory.
    it’s not bad but definitiely could be much much better.

36. NanetteDragoon says:

In Oklahoma, no mandate for masks, I worked the entire time feb1- today. No major scare at all. In April some old folks living centers got hit pretty hard, but in my county only 40 positive tests with no symptoms have occurred. All of the state is and has been open for Oklahoma. In Texas, just went for the 4th of July, it’s another story. Stupid Governor issues a mandate for all businesses to wear masks and for people to obey private businesses. So, while floating a bloody river, one had to wear a mask outside at the business, because police were watching. Very messed up, imo.

37. Charlie "The Deplorable" says:

Western SD is still a free country as you all could see from President Trumps visit. Tourism is up, only thing closed is Rapid City pools. Some people wearing face diapers, most not. But we have the best governor in the country so our amendments are respected here.

38. All Too MUch says:

Sacramento

This morning, our state legislature reports a mask to mask virus transmission.

Yes, one masker passed it to another masker.

Now what?

Update: California Assembly on hiatus after lawmaker reports ‘mask to mask’ COVID-19 infection
    UPDATED JULY 06, 2020 05:58 PM

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/#storylink=cpy

• steph_gray says:

You gotta laugh! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“It’s not nice to fool with Mother nature!”

Two statements – one my opinion but I believe bolstered with everything factual I’ve heard, and the other, just truth.

1) The entire population of the world will eventually achieve herd immunity against Xi’s Disease, which will mean that almost everyone will have been exposed (if I understand it correctly). Antiviral treatments will be our savior.

2) Regardless of #1, everyone on earth will die eventually anyway.

39. Somebody's Gramma says:

Middle of nowheresville, Idaho. Governor extended Stage 4 for a couple more weeks and we’ve gone to a regional/local model. I am aware of several town mayors (tourist towns) who have mandated masks. I will not visit those towns. 4th of July was glorious with everyone outside, a mask rarely seen. It’s stunning to see the number of those who think the masks actually prevent them from getting sick. I have one in my car just in case I am prevented from entering an establishment where I must go. Finally got into our local hospital for lab work. Hilariously I had to wear one to visit the dentist. The technician finally allowed me to lower my mask for dental work. LOLOLOLOLOL. There are, surprisingly, a few Karens in our midst, but I just figure they watch the mainstream media and buy the lies. Throughout the Plandemic, I’ve grocery shopped, gone to the Post Office, etc. and refused to wear a mask. No one said anything. We have 1 store in our town who posted a giant sign outside “No mask, no service”. I had to go in there one time and just kept the mask around my neck since I can’t breathe well enough with it covering my mouth and nose. #whatever

40. Flova says:

Richmond, Virginia
    Embers are smoldering here . Antifa and BLM are waiting it out at the famous Lee monument on Monument Avenue. It is I think the last one standing on the historic and high priced avenue. These are very expensive homes upwards of a million dollars
    The court issued an injunction against the taking down of the Lee statue because it does not fall under city control. The blm mayor has ordered more police at the lee statue. This morning he presided over the takedown of the aesthetically most beautiful of statues Jeb Stuart on Monument.

My sister in law who owned a restaurant that has been there since 1980 on Grace street closed down I think for good since the riots a few weeks ago.

The mask wearing is only in businesses and not enforceable. I’ve not worn one since there are exceptions and have not yet gotten any pushback. Except Trader Joe’s which will not let you in. Restaurants have dine in now about 50 percent capacity because of every other table protocol.

Blackface has been scared off by the riots in Richmond and is being quiet for the most part. Stoney the mayor whose BFF is Terry McAuliffe has gone thru 3 police chiefs in 2 weeks! He’s an incompetent racist tool of Bloomberg.

And is authorizing the takedown of statues.
    Out in the rural counties people generally are not wearing masks.

41. magatrump says:

Was in Southampton Ny this weekend for the fourth of July in the epic center of communism.
    Places were packed. restauraunts were jammed. Beach was very crowded. People having a great time. Social distancing in force. Restaurants at 50% capacity. Masks mandatory.
    People want to get back to their regular lives. They are so sick of this crap.

42. Thomas J. Minnehan says:

SW Idaho, Boise, newly elected mayor requires mask in public places, bars still closed, restaurants open with distancing, case numbers still increasing, parks, bike paths very active with distancing, masks (but not 100%; some question whether mayor has authority to enforce mask rquirements, with misdeamor charge threatened, Idaho itself has case increases but deaths remain low. Ada County (boise) reverted back to stage 3 while remainder of idaho passed up to stage 4.

43. Kansas

Masks required as of July 3rd.

44. Kansas

Masks required as of July 3rd.

45. Kansas

Masks required as of July 3rd.

46. Kansas

Masks required as of July 3rd.

47. MomsforTrump says:

Mid-size town in Oklahoma. I rarely see a mask here and have never been required to wear one anywhere I’ve gone. I’ve noticed that in chain businesses (Walmart, McDonalds, etc.), the employees have to wear masks. In locally owned places, most employees aren’t. Restaurants are back to full capacity.

Son resumed soccer season the last week of May and they finished up last week. There were no restrictions at all in place.

We homeschool, so I don’t really keep up with the public schools here. But yesterday my dentist told me that she just got an email from the school. They are allowing everyone to decide whether to send their child to school full time, only 2-3 days per week, or stay home and do online. It will be interesting to see what most choose.

48. Eugene says:

Santa Cruz County, CA. Beach Boardwalk mostly closed. Newsom has ordered some counties back a step, like no more outside dining. Just got back from quick trip to Calistoga in Napa, was open but not too busy during the week. Restaurants were busy. I live here in Capitola, tourists are here, beaches are busy. Lots of young people out and about. 50/50 mask wearing outside but it is state mandated. Have to wear them to get into stores. Nobody seems to care about wearing them. Pump tracks and skate parks are open and busy. State Parks, Nisene Marks for example, open and unrestricted for parking, busy here, lots of mountain biking and hiking. Beaches had been restricted 11am-5pm but basically unenforceable so they stopped. About 450 cases total out of 330k population, 3 deaths. The spike here is in a city called Watsonville, in the southern part of the county, mostly hispanic, agricultural community. This is where a lot of strawberries come from. Weather has been amazing.

49. Linda says:

Seminole, Florida – in Pinellas County the cases have increased dramatically since mid-June; seems my family and I had let our guard down when the news was full of protests and much less Covid19; think we took our eye off the ball. I have a daughter, 35 and she has not followed the quarantine or social distancing; she and our grandsons are fine; my other daughter 38 and 2 sons are now back to isolating. I’m not certain this is all that bad and Governor DeSantis has not put restrictions on the state and leaving decisions to local county decisions. I think wearing a mask if inside and under 6 feet apart is a good thing and wish that wasn’t so political. The # of deaths has remained low so I’m hopeful this will pass. I miss seeing our kids and grandkids; we all live within 10 miles of each other, last we were together was Father’s Day, now putting visits on pause. Hard part is the daughter having parties makes it hard for the others that are being cautious. Some people are very afraid and others are not.

50. mo says:

St Pete Fl. Mask mandate in effect within any business. Dictated by vocal Trump hater petty tyrant mayor. I have never worn a mask and will not. I haven’t changed any of my shopping habits; have been in a multitude of businesses and have been told only twice to put a mask on. I told each I had a medical condition and they said okay. There is an exemption for medical conditions. I’m fit in mid 70’s.