Take one heap of hypocrisy and one heap of irony and combine them; what you end up with is a New York Governor going bananas about the potential for the New York metropolitan areas being quarantined.

On March 10th New York Governor Andrew Cuomo called-in the national guard to quarantine a New York City suburb called New Rochelle. The alarming effort was called a “containment plan” by the governor to stop the spread of coronavirus.

However, Cuomo is now having fits as the potential for a “containment plan” over the New York City metropolitan area is being considered as a federal mitigation effort.

NEW YORK – New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has said that President Donald Trump’s proposed quarantine of New York to limit the spread of coronavirus would be tantamount to a ‘federal declaration of war.’

‘If you start walling off areas all across the country it would just be totally bizarre, counter-productive, anti-American, anti-social,’ said Cuomo in an interview with CNN on Saturday. (link)

Governor Cuomo uses national guard to create containment zone of New Rochelle, and all is good.  President Trump contemplates using national guard to create containment zone for New York city, and it’s a declaration of war… Gotcha.

Realistically, what President Trump is likely considering is a shut down of the airports in the New York metro area.  But it’s quite typical to see the apoplexy about it.

WATCH:

Additionally:

Rhode Island police have begun stopping cars with New York license plates, and the National Guard will soon help officials conduct house-to-house searches to force anyone who has traveled from New York to enter isolation.

“Right now we have a pinpointed risk,” Gov. Gina Raimondo (D) said, according to Bloomberg. “That risk is called New York City.”

Raimondo on Thursday issued an executive order enforceable by law mandating that anyone who has traveled to New York via any form of transportation must enter into a two-week self-quarantine. (link)

Meanwhile… Many can see what Governor Cuomo’s reaction is really all about:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, FEMA, Infectious Disease, media bias, New York, Prepper, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

451 Responses to New York Governor Cuomo, Who Previously Used National Guard to Quarantine New Rochelle, Goes Bananas Over Potential for Quarantine of New York Metro Area…

1. sundance says:

2. mallardcove says:

I simply think this is going too far. How long will we continue to move the goalposts on how long we need to ride this out? Are we really going to live in fear of this virus for the rest of our scheissing lives? The goalposts will always be moved in terms of how long we need to keep riding it out. We will have to continue to give up more and more of our society, pastimes, economy and individual liberties for the sake of the “collective”. Then what happens when another virus breaks out? Do we do this all over again?

I was at the park today running(San Diego), and there were cop cars driving around kicking people out. The cop cars never got to me so I didn’t leave. But if they did, I would have told them the only way they can get me out of the park is to arrest me, because as a taxpayer it is my right to be at the public park. It made me sick how everyone simply obeyed the orders and left. It’s disgusting and we don’t stand a chance as a country if this many people are so eager and quick to surrender their liberties and freedoms. The state now has this country by the balls.

• Loggerman says:

Trump is going to start opening up other areas that aren’t hotspots. Quarantining New York is not going too far, its what should happen since the the liberal left leadership screwed it up so bad!

• ….but…but…it would be much easier to catch COUP-pers during quarantining…brilliant move again…VSG/ESG PDJT….

• Bebop777 says:

Here, here! I live in NYC (only here because of job) and how I have suffered under generations of Dem rule! and now, of course, it is truly horrible. They have ruined NYS for generations. How I wish now that I lived elsewhere where sanity prevails or if only Rudy would come back…

• FrankieZee says:

Trump is going to force their hands to open up and stop this insanity. Now I know why Liberals do not like to debate. They would lose every time. First they say Trump is not doing enough to get ventilators out and then we find out Cuomo is hiding them in a warehouse in NJ. This tells me someone in that warehouse called the Gov and outed Cuomo. So he wants to control the flow of people leaving NY so the people don’t infect others in different states. Now he is starting a war. These people are sick. But the best thing is that Trump knows how to push their buttons.

• mallardcove says:

Which all leads credence to the theory that this virus was either planned as a biological warfare attack, OR it was unplanned but the deep state and global elites/new world order decided to use it and take advantage of it to advance their agenda. This is just too coincidential, too convienient.

• Kirsty I says:

I couldn’t agree more.
          Your great President is going to change the world.
          There are over 100,000 boots on the ground in Europe doing “training exercises”,
          without NATO.
          “Quarantining the public” just keeps everyone safe and nobody can “change the narrative” by shooting up a school.

• CMDCMRET says:

Planned.

• Snellvillebob says:

There seem to be way more Republicans with it than Democrats. It might be that once they have it, they don’t care who they infect or they passed out Hydroxycholoqinie in November to their “elite”.

• MAGA Minuteman says:

There are no coincidences.

Need to ask who our VSG is a bigger threat to: China or China’s puppetmasters.

Was the virus delivered by a Chi spy or a Cia spy? Maybe Chairman Xi was partially right. Weird how the areas most affected are Dem strongholds. As the Church Lady would say, “How convenient. Well isn’t that special”.

• Peppurr says:

I personally believe that China did this purposely because of their tanked economy. Not for a minute do I believe it was because of a bat at a market or whatever.

• jello333 says:

Also, all through history it’s always been a lot easier to blame the horrible, nasty, non-humans for all our problems. Bats, mice, rats, bugs, etc etc. While there’s of course some truth to that, it also almost totally ignores the fact that the most dangerous/deadly animal of all is… us. 😉

• “Trump knows how to push their buttons…” Unlike the previous President and Secretaries of State, that always seemed to be sleeping, just napping, out of town, racing bicycles in France….President Trump is awake, thinking alert, had breakfast , planning what to do 3 days from now before the Cuomos of the World have opened their first awakened eye of the morning.

• Rhi says:

This quote,
      “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” comes to mind.

• JohnCasper says:

“I simply think this is going too far. How long will we continue to move the goalposts on how long we need to ride this out? Are we really going to live in fear of this virus for the rest of our scheissing lives?”

We must be submissive Eloi or we will anger our benevolent Morlocks.

• vikingmom says:

I feel the same way! I am beyond angry AND disappointed at the number of people who are just willingly handing over their Constitutional rights, which my family has fought to secure and protect for almost 250 years!!

• Bendix says:

Me too. I am angry with the president as well. Int this instance of going toe-to-toe with Andrew, though, I’m starting to think he’s just messing with Andrew’s head.

• vikingmom says:

I think the President was flat out lied to by some of the people around him and he has now figured out who those people are and will deal accordingly with them…but he was shoved into a box and forced to make quick decisions that could have been catastrophic if the predictions we were all originally given had been correct.

Now, he is fighting his way out of that box and he is doing it in a way that will, I believe, benefit our country in the long run.

That is the hope I am holding onto for now but, this has certainly shown me which of my friends is a fighter and which will fold at the first sign of trouble!

• MAGA Minuteman says:

Vikingmom, thank you for all your wonderful posts. I enjoy reading them.

People have been lying to our President for a long time. I agree with you there. I do not, however, beliieve he was duped and was boxed in.

Not to worry. Remember, he’s our VSG. He’s a very quick study. He knew this was a set up of choosing between his big beautiful economy and potentially saving lives. They thought he would choose the economy. He chose saving American’s lives. He beat the bastards at their own game. He drew them in, shut things down and did whatever was necessary to protect the American citizens.

Now he sets the table for beating the mayor of NY at his own game, making him double back on his own words. The mayor with his breathless requests for more, more, more help from the feds because the situation is going to be so dire. How does he walk all that back now and say closing things off is too drastic. Our VSG drops that little nugget while hopping on a plane where he will be out of communication. He left brother of Fredo scrambling and bumbling as he was now boxed in by his own words. Genius!

Safety first, right?

• vikingmom says:

MAGA – I am struggling to stay upbeat and your kind words were a much needed little breath of encouragement to my weary worried soul!!

My mother has end stage dementia and I am not allowed to even visit her but the nurse told me today they are now giving her morphine to keep her agitation at bay. My son is a police officer in a large, Leftist city that just released 75% of the inmates in their jail and it is getting very scary on the streets.

My story is just one of millions and I am beyond angry at how this entire crisis has been manipulated by the Globalists and the Democrats, along with their willing accomplices in the media.

I am NOT denying the seriousness of this virus but the way that it has been managed has been inexcusably bad for everyone, except of course the Congresscritters who got to stuff billions of dollars in payoffs into the rescue bill they knew the President had to sign!

And I have my own very personal reasons for despising Fredo Cuomo and wish the whole corrupt family nothing but abject failure and misery in all of their endeavors!!

• Bill Durham says:

Mall, I agree. We need to go full herd immunity. Shutter all at risk people. The rest of us need to be exposed to the virus and fight it off. It is our only hope. Without herd immunity the virus will mutate before we get a vaccine. It will be covid 20. Hiding away people with strong immune systems in their homes dooms the whole population.

• john says:

I hope Trump quarantines ALL the major hotspots. I’d advise you prepare to get out soon if San Diego is in that list. The rest of us in flyover country and mildly affected areas are tired of destroying the Nation’s economy and our careers to save a bunch of mostly liberal big city dwellers. You see the writing on the wall. Act wisely. And we’re all tax payers. Grow up and act responsibly. How will you like being arrested for civil disobedience and being thrown into jail with a bunch of infected cell mates nearby? You really want to pick this battle? Sorry, you don’t have my sympathy right now for your “right” to hang out in the park.

• P says:

I think what is being missed or maybe not explained well enough by the President’s task force is what Dutchman and AMK both explained here in their comments: [emphasis added by me]

Per Dutchman (I’m paraphrasing): A regular flu/virus will create symptoms pretty quickly so that a person becomes sick and automatically self-quarantines. But with this particular virus, because symptoms don’t show up for a couple of weeks, the person who is contagious ends up going around spreading the virus albeit unintentionally.

Pres. Trump is trying to contain the spread of this virus so medical facilities are not overwhelmed. He is ramping up supplies and making sure our country is equipped since we were seriously depleted of supplies due to neglect (or by design IMO) by previous administrations.

Per AMK: “You are exactly right about the overwhelming of the system. It’s not that we can’t treat the Chinese virus…it’s that we can’t treat everyone at the same time for the virus!”

If spread isn’t contained, then our country will really start to see the downside of this virus and our economy will suffer even more. Pres. Trump and all those helping him are doing the absolute best that they can. We’re not surrendering anything.

We need to follow Pres. Trump’s plan so he can succeed at defeating this (the Lord willing of course) virus and its effect on our nation. We need to do our part in this ‘war’ and maintain our positions (which at this time means staying home). Soldiers follow orders and that is what our President is asking us to do for him at this time. I don’t think he’s asking too much of any of us after everything he’s done to help us in trying to MAGA.

• john says:

If closing down a few major hotspots means opening up the rest of the Country and ending this hysteria and economic destruction, I’m all for it. Containment were it will do the most good. Get the other areas back in the game.

• iswhatitis says:

mallardcove says: “The cop cars never got to me so I didn’t leave. But if they did, I would have told them the only way they can get me out of the park is to arrest me, because as a taxpayer it is my right to be at the public park.

You really should be more appreciative of their efforts. They probably released some robbers and murderers in order to free up Correctional space to hold hard-core people like you…

/sarc

• Carly says:

So you’re asking to be arrested and spend time in a possibly unsterile holding cell? I’m sure the cops would put you through that, after all, they have the authority.
      OR … why not say, I’m sorry, sir. I’ll return home now.
      Then you jog elsewhere the next day.
      You can ride this out and still have your freedom, or you could stick a giant kick-me sign on your back and beg those with authority to demonstrate it. Your choice. Either way, post about it. Would love to hear the lessons learned.

• Bendix says:

Where would we be if no one had stood up to authoritarian overreach? Not in America, that’s for sure.
        The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

• Garavaglia says:

You have my permission to stop it in the way you see fit.

• mallardcove says:
      March 28, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Until DJT is no longer POTUS

• James Carpenter aka "Felix" says:

Herd / mob mentalities.
      Stampedes are hard to turn, much less stop.
      But cows and sheep are quite manageable until…

3. Sharon says:

Is there anyone with access to the cuomo who could just ask him how that would be different than New Rochelle? I suppose that’s too much to hope for.

4. Loggerman says:

President Trump continues to expose these democrats

5. Rhi says:

Lol Sundance, Cuomo, DNC, Biden, great accurate meme!
    Hypocrisy thy name is Democrats.

6. Just Saying says:

New Rochelle wasn’t a quarantine, people could travel freely, however some businesses and large gatherings were shut down

“This is not an exclusion or quarantine zone. No one is prohibited from entering or leaving the area,” said New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson. “This does not affect individual homeowners or families or businesses. It is purely a prohibition on large gatherings in order to make sure the spread of the virus is mitigated to the greatest degree possible.”

• Bendix says:

That’s a partial quarantine.

• Me says:

Yes that is correct. I live in NY. It would be nice if they could speed up the testing for antibodies so that we could really get a picture of how widely this has spread.

• Good_heavens_are_you_still_trying_to_win says:

Hmmmm, as someone who lives right next door to New Rochelle and was given a map that included parts of my town in the mile radius “quarantine zone” where everyone was to be confined to their homes, that sure sounds like some oily politispeak.

• yucki says:

The Modern Orthodox congregation there had a cluster of cases. They were told the National Guard would be there to deliver food and medicine and run interference from the predatory media. Most impressive, very nice young soldiers.

(These observant Jews happen to be the most enthusiastic supporters of PTrump in the USA.)

7. Zydeco says:

Everyone knows quarantines aren’t for the elite.

#Dempanic

8. CNN_sucks says:

Unfortunately, the media would not challenge the idiocy of Cuomo. The TDS is overwhelmingly clouded whatever brain cells media have left.

9. Zorro says:

Call me crazy but I think the the Democommunist Party is the gravest threat to America.

• auscitizenmom says:

Absolutely. It is obvious to us why so many of the doctors around Pres. Trump and the Governors don’t want the cloroquine (?) to be used. It is because it is effective and they won’t get the big numbers of sick and dying they were going for. Most of what he is doing that people here are complaining about is trying to counter what the Demonrats are doing.

10. Magabear says:

The hypocrisy of the left has no equal at anytime in previous world history. Only an in the bag, compliant media allows them to continue on with it.

PDJT just checkmated Cuomo and all Andrew can do is lie and cry like a baby. Pathetic.

11. Judith says:

I know six people in my town who recently tested positive, and 3 were hospitalized (aged 60-65). There are thousands of active cases in Nassau County NY right now.

I’ve been homebound/ working from home since a grocery shopping trip last Saturday. Don’t plan to go out any time soon, but will join a Zoom (virtual) party with some friends this weekend.

Those who live elsewhere have no idea what we’re going through here. Everybody is stir crazy after one week of social distancing and closing of essential businesses.

• auntiefran413 says:

Judith, I’ve been out two times in the past 20 days — each time to have lab work done. Lighten up,. read, knit, crochet, work crossword puzzles Soduko. Whining never cured anything. I don’t mean to sound critical…just wanting to give some suggestions.

• Magabear says:

That may be great for you or others, but if you’re someone who is used to doing heavy workouts at the gym 5 times a week and playing sports or a musician playing gigs 3 or 4 times a week, being locked in your home may not be so easy to live with.

• Amy2 says:

Time to invest in a nice weight set! I have an eliptical and universal weight machine here at the house. It ain’t QUITE the same, but at least you’ll have access to it. ‘not being snarky!

• Magabear says:

That’s great, but where are you going to buy one with all the stores that sell them forced to close? And if your living in an apartment, it’s not really practical to be slamming hundreds of pounds on the floor.

I miss the gym I had set up at home when I was young and living with my parents. 😣

• Ordinaryman says:

Since our Hospital Adult Fitness centers are closed to Silver Sneaker members until at least April 31 per our Democratic Governor in NC. I decided to buy a Concept 2 Rowing machine online to be delivered in 3 days by UPS.

• Judith says:

You’re right. Mail orders are going like gangbusters. Groceries can be delivered too.

• Magabear says:

Msybe that’s what I’ll use my $1200.00 on. 😉

Let’s see, I need a barbell, 2 adjustable dumbells, about 350lbs of various weights, an adjustable bench, squat rack……..that UPS driver will get a workout delivering all that. 🙂

• Bec74 says:

I feel for you. I am in Westchester County. This has been hell.

• Bec74 says:

We have 100 positive cases in my town here in Westchester. I was just told tonight that a work colleague has the virus.

12. Patriot1783 says:

As someone who lives in area, I can say I have not seen or heard commuter or smaller flights going overhead in the last week.

13. Brutalus says:

I forget… does New York have an army?

14. Skeeball says:

I don’t think he’s livid over President Trump considering a quarantine for New York, I think he had plans to do it and he’s bent that PDJT just stole his thunder. 🤣

15. When is King Andrew going to get rid of the single use plastic bag ban so I no longer have to be concerned about people bringing their reusables with the associated germs and viruses and putting them on the checkout counter and everywhere else in the supermarket? He is truly a microcephaloid!

• Bendix says:

All he has to do is get rid of his illegal TAX on the paper substitutes. We aren’t allowed the First World experience of having our groceries packed in a clean, fresh PAPER bag unless we give New York 5 cents for the privilege.
      ShopRite won’t allow their workers to handle used bags anymore.
      Cuomo would literally nickel and dime New Yorkers to death.

I hope somebody points out that when you want to institute a new tax, the legislature is supposed to vote on it as such.
      It isn’t a fee, because it goes to the state, and the state didn’t supply the bag.

• Thank you. I noticed plastic old style supermarket bags at the supermarket yesterday and at a different supermarket a few days ago. Both were no charge. I guess some business people are not sheeple. Thanks for the info

16. luke says:

I have advice for PDT if he’s listening. Time to take care of the media. We have become something that was unimaginable to me 2 weeks; I know it kills him. I’ve been fighting with it all week. I’m the stage of acceptance now. Let’s do this totalitarian shit the right way. I’m with you sir and the NRA, military foot soldiers, and street cops. Let’s roll.

• flova says:

Brilliant. Governors and mayors think they are the only ones who can play this game. President Donald J Trump can go full tyrant too, see how they like it!

• Magabear says:

I know that’s toungue in cheek, but that would be playing right into the demonrats hands. “See, that tyrant Trump is a dictator just like we told you”!

17. King Arthur says:

Ok then, let’s open everything up if this is so awful. Lol

18. Bendix says:

Here’s a situation of Ayatollah Cuomo’s creation. I was just in a ShopRite supermarket. The workers there are doing a great job, and remaining polite at the same time.
    Something I was warning about before the COVID scare, the plastic bag ban was not a plastic bag ban. It was a TAX on grocery bags, an illegal tax. Aren’t groceries exxpensive enough without Cuomo adding an illegal, irresponsible, and regressive TAX to people’s grocery bills?
    I warned that this would result in people bringing whatever bags they could scrounge up into the stores.
    Today ShopRite has a new policy. You need to pack your own groceries, they will only pack them for you if you use their bags. I don’t blame them for this policy, not one bit. I also do not blame them for the fact that their bags are dinky and flimsy. Stores were left scrambling for a supply of the traditional paper bags after the ban passed.
    So shoppers, at a time like this, have an added chore of packing their own groceries. If they buy a bag, they are being ripped off by the small size and thin paper.
    This is on Cuomo. The least he can do is repeal his damn illegal TAX on paper bags. Most people didn’t see that coming, they thought a plastic bag ban meant just that, and they would be going back to the old paper.
    Stubborn fool is so desperate for new sources of revenue, that he has pulled his sneaky little unsanitary stunt at the worst possible time, and refuses to back off.
    I repeat, this was a sneaky, backdoor, regressive TAX.

• billrla says:

Bendix: My local Bristol Farms market in Los Angeles (sort of a regional Whole Foods) started this “bag it yourself” policy with last week with shoppers who bring their own bags. You are correct. The ban on plastic bags was yet another regressive tax and a sop to the enviro-nannies.

• jebg46 says:

Our small New Hampshire town just voted down a ban on plastic shop bags. Then the local market is banning all the reuseable bags due to sanitary concerns.

• Judith says:

Love the Live Free or Die state. I live in the nanny state. It wasn’t always this bad here. This was a Republican stronghold for many decades until the RINOS caved to rezoning and redistricting. A cautionary tale to red states: Don’t get Romneyed!

• iswhatitis says:

Just as a mention, this desire to have someone else bag your groceries versus bagging your own: I have always preferred bagging my own.

Even back before the days of ubiquitous self-checkout lanes (which I use nearly 100% of the time); as the cashier was ringing up my order, I would step over and begin bagging it. If or when some “bagger” would come over and ask to take over I would tell them “No thanks I’ve got it”.

At Sams Club, I love the “scan and go” feature, “bagging” my stuff (into boxes instead of bags) as I shop (and subsequently entirely skipping any checkout lanes). I hope to see more “scan and go” locations in the future.

There are some of us that do prefer self-bagging.

Of course, choice is always nice. I’m just saying; it isn’t an issue for everyone…

• Bec74 says:

That is interesting. Thank you for letting me know. I avoided the Shop Rite in my town today because I was concerned about the number of people in it. I read the local paper that published an associate at 4 local Shop Rite stores here in Westchester County tested positive to the virus. This may be the reason for the bag policy.

19. Reasons Andy Cuomo will never be president:

1) He is tedious, condescending and talks down to his viewers as if everybody is as dumb as his brother Fredo.

2) Looks too much like Chico Marx to be taken seriously.

20. Jason Ross says:

But Cuomo’s quarantine of New Rochelle and deloyment of Guard was merely a ‘reconnaissance in force’ so that’s different
    Heh

21. Skidroe says:

This has gotten Totally out of hand. News said as of TODAY there were a little over 600,000 cases of the China Virus across the world. MY GOODNESS! When Obuma was President and went golfing the day they called H1N1 a pandemic 12 million Americans got it and no one said A word or closed anything.

• Magabear says:

600, 000 out of a world population of 7.7 billion. In other words, a blip. And we’re potentially causing an economic depression over this. Absolute insanity.

• WhiteBoard says:

Peter Thiel (PDJT’s TECH Guru) has the strongest AI system around – it can map the threshold our economy can take before collapse. im sure its mapped the payments to whom and by when and for how long before restart of economy.

great to have.

22. Jamaica NYC says:

I live near Baisley Pond park and can see the JFK tower from there. Big planes leaving all day tho less often than normal. Schools closed too late and the subway not at all. Most.People think the virus has been here since September or October, not surprising considering how large the Chinese population here is.

23. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a New York Governor going bananas about the potential for the New York metropolitan areas being quarantined.”

I would like to know why the sparsely populated areas around the state, such as the Adirondack and Catskill mountains, have to endure the same draconian imperial restrictions as the super high density sections of the metropolitan NYC area.

24. mtk says:

In one fell statement Gov Cuomo just made a dumpster fire out of the cultivated image the MSM has been shaping over the past week, “That he is a beacon of steadfast sanity in uncertain times.”

Not oops, but ouch!

C’est la vie to his National creds as a possible choosen ‘walk-on ringer’ to the other dumpster fire that is Biden.

• scrap1ron says:

Andy’s national creds were only a figment of the left’s fevered mind. President Trump is toying with the DNC’s Not So Great White Hope.

• freepetta says:

Hope you’re safe scrappy. Seems NYPD are dropping like flies. 🤦🏻‍♀️10%+ are down. Stay safe my friend.

• scrap1ron says:

I’m good. Hunkered down in rural WNY and getting ready to plant my peas and go trout fishing next week. I hope you and your son are well, yes? NYPD are really the thin blue line now.

• freepetta says:

My son is on the front lines I am winding down. He is doing ok, his anti-crime unit has been hit hard.
            Glad to hear you’re enjoying life and spending your time gardening and fishing. It is well deserved.
            Hope to be doing that soon.
            Has Buffalo been hit hard, haven’t heard much?
            Take good care of yourself my friend. 💁🏻‍♀️

25. freepetta says:

CUOMO is the ULTIMATE OPPORTUNISTIC CORRUPT LYING PILE OF STEAMING BULL 💩!

• NJMAGA says:

I saw a tweet by someone who knew his father and both brothers…said they treated their mother like a dog and acted like punks with State Troopers. It seems they haven’t changed. He and his brother are a couple of wise guys…cutie pies. Thugs from NY.

26. scrap1ron says:

Well, it’s not tyranny when a leftist does it, right Andy?

27. Rix Six says:

The first thing that comes to mind when I read “Quarantine New York” is Snake Plissken.

28. keeler says:

As I said in another thread: the theoretical quarantine would be to keep New Yorkers in New York, and to keep them from flooding their vacation/ second home spots which are already straining to meet the needs of local communities. And I am speaking from personal experience on that point. We cannot meet the logistical demands of summer residents during the off-season; many places are not opened or working at full capacity even during a normal off-season. As others in that thread pointed out, this not a problem unique to New Yorkers or a specific area.

That is the problem at hand, and needs to be addressed whether or not a quarantine should even be *considered* as a solution.

My understanding is that a governor has no authority to ban residents from other states from entering his or her state, as this would violate the Commerce Clause. Thus it would fall to the Federal government, and I suspect that even there it would have limited power. As sundance said it close down airports, maybe(?) Federal highways. That might be about it.

Beyond that I am sure what can be done. Would it be possible to declare mandatory evacuations for non-residents, as is done before hurricanes? That would side step the issue of quarantines, but might wind up sending these people somewhere else rather than home.

Another thing to consider is that as this pandemic wanes, that waning will be uneven. What happens when Washington’s outbreak is under control? How do we “reopen” Washington without causing a secondary wave imported from another state? These are questions which will need to be answered.

• All Too Much says:

Tom Clancy’s 1994 book, “Executive Orders, involves airborne Ebola virus spread across the US in a terrorist attack. President Jack Ryan closed states borders and imposed other orders, all meant to stop the virus from spreading. I think Ryan declared martial law, but maybe not. The turn-around, reopening, of the country is also described. Interesting read, Clancy at his best.

• rah says:

As I recall the constitutionality of that move was questioned by some of his staff in the book and Ryan said something to the effect that “The Constitution is not a death pact” and did it anyway. Of course it’s different when the First Lady is a physician fighting on the front lines at the epicenter of the outbreak. And of course the entire congress and SCOTUS has just recently been wiped out so there really wasn’t much there to resist Ryan’s order politically or legally.

29. Mike in a Truck says:

Sure Comrade Andrew, it’s one thing for YOU to qurantine the peasants but now that YOU and your elite pals will also be quarantined it’s time to freak out huh? Cuomo and the rest of the Communist Democrats thought they were gonna destroy President Trump with this ChiCom Virus but its biting them in the ass. President Trump out maneuvers them again!

30. sync says:

The economies of New York and New Jersey are collapsing brought on by the shut down orders of the governors of New York and New Jersey.

If President Trump quarantines anything, whether it be a cruise ship, an airplane or an out of state vehicle, the left and mainstream media will blame the collapse of the NY and NJ economies on President Trump. No one else.

NY and NJ are already shut down. There is absolutely no need for anything additional. This will help nothing.

Both governors own this mess. It’s all their doing. President Trump should not get involved in their recklessness.

Someone is feeding Trump very bad advice.

• Bendix says:

I’m wondering if the president knows exactly what he is doing here, and why.
      He may be cutting the heir apparent to the Dem nomination off at the knees.
      If so, Andrew will know just what he is doing, and he will stomp his feet and make threats, but there will be nothing he can do about it.
      I too, sync, have been getting tired of hearing the discussions about whose boot gets to be on which Americans’ necks.
      I’m pulling back just slightly.
      These two men are both from Queens. I’m not certain, but it may just be a New York thing.
      p.s. I heard at least Jersey called off its clean bag ban for the duration.

31. Charlotte Willson says:

I think Trump should blow the bridges:)

32. burnett044 says:

early on I said ..”with this virus crap..we will see the very best and worst of humans”
    trust me the worst has not even kicked in yet…..hang tuff……

• SHV says:

From WaPo but the numbers check out:
      “Confirmed U.S. coronavirus-related deaths doubled in two days, hitting 2,000 on Saturday evening, based on reporting from state health departments. It took about a month from the first confirmed death for the United States to record 1,000, but the toll has risen rapidly, and officials say the worst is yet to come.”
      *****
      If that trend continues, and we will know in a few days, this sh*t is about to get real. The hospital where my wife works is rapidly gearing up to have over 100 negative pressure isolation ICU beds available and is making plans for major staffing changes.

• California Joe says:

Shv, it’s going to hard to come close to last winter’s 61,000 Americans death count from the common flu at 10,000 to 15,000 a month. Do you remember the news media and Democrats panicking about the carnage of death and shortage of ICU beds? Do you remember the death toll ticker tape on the bottom of the CNN screen? Me neither!

• 94corvette says:

I have a sneaky suspicion that all the COVID-19 deaths are not COVID-19 deaths. More deaths = more money. For the whores we have a politicians, I wouldn’t put it pass them. True, they may test positive for the virus but the actual cause of death may be something else. Our Houston paper had an article tonight (fitting their narrative of mean insurance companies) about a CA teen whom they say was denied care as he didn’t have health insurance and then died, supposedly from the virus. Turns out he died from septic shock and they are now admitting he had prior problems. Never let a crisis go to waste, especially if there is money to be made.

• Co says:

True Statement. It is in all probability, gonna get nasty.

33. P says:

I don’t know where to post this, so posting here. This looks like a really good idea. It’s an Open Source Face Shield (all instructions provided on how to make, very simple).

34. Legion of One says:

Cuomo trying to explain the stockpile of ventilators in NY

• Bendix says:

He’s had experience at not noticing stockpiles in warehouses. As in, just in Puerto Rico in November.

• Michelle says:

That’s fine, I understand his need or desire to stockpile ventilators for the future. But the problem is, he has been making it sound like it’s a CURRENT shortage of ventilators that is causing the problems and deaths in NY. And making it sound like people are dying because President Trump hasn’t sent ventilators, which is not true.

35. Guyski says:

There is something more about this? 🤔 How many people already left? If they have the means; money, transportation, a place to stay, they already left. Who would be leaving now?

• scrap1ron says:

Who needs ICU hospital beds when you have Death Panels?

• freepetta says:

That’s what Cuomo wanted, no respirators just death panels. He is such a steaming pile of 💩.
        Cuomo and Warren oh I mean “Bill DeBlasio” hate each other vehemently.
        Cuomo keeps sending NYSP to the city to interfere with NYPD. It’s actually quite entertaining.

36. scrap1ron says:

Andy really needs to work on his lying. He’s had it so easy from an incurious, conspiring media that he’s even more intellectually flaccid than normal.

37. Vince says:

The President should ask the governor to close the New York airports, which I would think he has the authority to do in an emergency. If he doesn’t, he will not be the nominee.

38. burnett044 says:

yep

39. hawkins6 says:

We all knew thespian Cuomo’s friendly co-operation with P Trump was self serving, insincere and temporary.

He was biding his time until an issue arose that would provide his Presidential campaign with an “excuse” to go to war with the “evil dictator” Trump. This quarantine proposal seems to be the issue he was pining for. But as sundance outlined, Cuomo’s hypocrisy is astounding. Hypocrisy and deceit are some of the Dems best traits and the MSM covers for them.

This political battle is a plus for P Trump. Cuomo’s faux defense of New Yorkers will play well in NY as the frightened residents attempt to flee the infection carnage that was created in large part by NY Medical experts and DeBlasio etc that encouraged large NY gatherings even in March.

However, Cuomo’s policy to allow the infected with a choice to leave their state and infect other states will not be welcomed by most Americans that are not diehard Dem loons,

40. waterthelibertytree01 says:

Game Set Match, “if we can’t quarantine NYC, then small town America shouldn’t be closed down either within a few more weeks. Seems DiCommieo and Little Cuomo take turns on out contradicting one another. As expected, these nuts would do and say.

41. Todd says:

“We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great.”

NY Governor, Andrew Cuomo

Unforgivable.

His cousin Veto probably put the ventilators in Jersey…crooked SOB.

Governor Cuomo makes Gavin Newsom look moderate and honest. New York State is the most crooked and corrupt State in the Union. California is a nano second behind.

Il Duce is his nickname in New York. Cuomo has his hands made by many powerful people.

Not For Long!

There will soon come a day when all is made right.

42. Deborah Fehr says:

I agreed, as long as it doesnt apply to me. Bad case of foot in mouth disease

43. X XYZ says:

There is simple arithmetic. It’s as simple as 1 + 1 + 2. Unless your kid went to a public school where he was told “Good answer, Johnnie! 1 + 1 can sometimes = 3.” (Johnnie will probably become a lawyer, or an accountant.)
    That’s political arithmetic. It’s all about manipulating the numbers.

As Sundance said:
    “one heap of hypocrisy and one heap of irony…”

New York is the nerve center of world finance and geopolitics. That’s NY. That’s not DC. DC is The Swamp that manipulates and taxes everything we produce.

One heap of hypocrisy plus one heap of irony = A TURF BATTLE. It’s a wrestling match between the President from NY and the Governor of NY that now ensues.

(The fly on the wall in the Oval Office)
    Nice to hear from you, Andrew. I’ll consider everything you continue to say. We can talk every day. You have my personal number. You can call me if you want. That’s a good thing. Let’s make a deal? I like that. (Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Where did I hear that one before?)

So ultimately, when push comes to shove, (as Trump once said in a memorable TV interview with Leslie Stahl, who tried to charm and sweet talk him) Trump will tell Andy what he told Leslie “Nice try Andy. But I’m the president… and you’re NOT.”

44. gildie says:

I walked over to Elmhurst General to see what all the hubbub was about.
    Acouple of tents for reporters, a queue of 20 people for the 2 tents setup in front of
    the emergency entrance. Cops were letting in 10 at a time. They were all young 20’s to 30’s
    ballpark. After watching them for awhile, I yelled to a cameraman, “Hey! How come none of them
    are coughing or sneezing? They don’t even look sick.” Looked young & healthy. Bored.
    I walked around to the main entrance. Nothing going on. Orderly having a cigarette.
    News reports had me believing it was chaos, panic, stressed out people sacrificing their young
    for divine intervention.
    It just doesn’t add up.

45. paulashley says:

Trump should stay out of the shutdown game, leaving it to the governors to ruin their state’s economy. Those states should not be bailed out, either.

When the dust settles, this sorry episode will be seen for the power grab it is and the person brave enough to say the emperor has no clothes will be a hero. Will Trump play along or go bold? I’m worried he’ll do the former.

• King Arthur says:

It’s called Ju Jiutsu…Enjoy!

• Lady in Red says:

Cuomo – NYC will be destroyed, we don’t have enough supplies for the catastrophic number of infected; Trump – Well if it’s that bad we better quarantine; Cuomo – Well, It’s actually not that bad, you will destroy NYC 🙄I am in NY and I blame NY leaders for this mess, not PDJT. He is indeed bold, reflected in this back and forth with Comrade Cuomo.

46. hawkins6 says:

Laura Ingraham has posted many tweets agreeing with Gov. Cuomo’s position.

• Michelle says:

As if the economy hasn’t already been paralyzed! Aren’t New Yorkers supposed to be staying home anyway? Where they heck are they going? Cuomo already told us to stay home.

• hawkins6 says:

It’s obvious P Trump would not do anything that will further destroy the economy. Laura has too high an opinion of her herself when she lectures POTUS.

However, by not implementing any further quarantine efforts, you can also forget about “flattening the curve.” That will be highly unlikely unless this is the peak. If not, the ChiCom–Wuhan outbreak will only stop after it runs out of vulnerable hosts. The 14 point self isolation was a reasonable idea but too many people did not follow it. When it was implemented, massive infections had already occurred.

Of course, it is just a coincidence that the worst infected states that mostly caused the spread across the nation were Dem states that want to see Trump defeated.

• Zy says:

Maybe Laura envisions receiving the Trish Regan treatment at Fox if she doesn’t throw the commies some love?

• Bendix says:

Where does she live?

47. freepetta says:

Received this in my email, this is actually a very valid test:

• lmk408 says:

freepetta, THANK YOU!

Everyone, please watch this incredible video.

• Judith says:

OMG that was excellent! Thank you for sharing @freepetta. How does one go about contacting this doctor if they fit the criteria for treatment?

• freepetta says:

Judith I don’t know what state you’re in, call your local Dept of Health. They will steer you to drive in test sites. If you are positive they will send you to the appropriate place. Good luck Judith.

• According to the Dr’s math, a treatment regimen costs $20 per person. There are 20 million people in NY. Lets give it prophylactically to everyone, kill the virus, spend $ 400 million, and be done with this stupidity already! We could do it nationwide for 320 million x
      $20 = $ 7.4 billion! So we will have a miniscule percentage of side effects – such is life.

48. Michelle says:

I don’t get it. Didn’t Cuomo JUST SAY the other day that we have to stay home to save the health of our elderly and his health and everyone’s health? And now he wants New Yorker’s to travel across to other states? Aren’t we supposed to be staying home anyway?