Dr. Anthony Fauci appears on Fox News to discuss the latest administration efforts to mitigate the impacts of the coronavirus.  As soon as the interview begins Fox News Chris Wallace makes a startling claim about Americans returning from abroad:

“You can see them here, in close proximity, coming back from Europe, some of them carrying the coronavirus“…

Really?   Chris Wallace criticizes the administration over every granular word assembly; yet, amid his pathological need to hype fear and panic, Wallace seemingly has no self-awareness about his own statements.  Again, more ridiculousness.

If taken at its purest presentation (and it shouldn’t be)…. If what Wallace claims is correct, doesn’t the appearance of infected people at U.S. airports by itself explain the need for the screening he is criticizing?

Additionally, it is becoming increasingly clear Dr. Fauci has entered a psychological phase where he’s become addicted to his own sense of importance. His need to appear on all media everywhere, is now a detriment to the administration effort.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, European Union, Infectious Disease, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

215 Responses to Fox News Chris Wallace Claims: Americans Returning from Europe are Carrying the Coronavirus….

1. chooseamerica says:

It’s important that we realize it’s the narrative hype; not the virus, that will bring our country down. Money talks. We need to turn off the tv and stop clicking on the articles. Perhaps this will bring the excessive coverage to an end.

2. YvonneMarie says:

Agreed about Fauci !
    You said it.

• Debra says:

Little man syndrome.

• Somebody says:

I looked up Fauci and H1N1. There are a series of recorded, factual interviews that appear to have been produced by the WH perhaps? Fauci is in his office and the interviews are factual and fairly low key. The same interviewer in each one. Maybe an approach like that would be better. The administration needs to keep the media jackals away, they are not helping. The daily news conferences are gotcha feeding frenzies.

3. Mo says:

The Administration reads your work daily Sundance. The Doctor appears very tired- his right being partially closed. An overdose of TDS infected media talking heads will do that-even to supermen like our wolverines on occasion. That being said you can bet your ass the President is in watching and when he sees fit will make a move regarding the doctors public speaking engagements.

• drg13miami says:

Fauci’s right eye shows a little ptosis. Easily correctable with a small surgery…but, at such an advanced age, why bother? It’s just a stretched tendon.

He’s a really smart guy, however. Perhaps a bit self-important now? I wouldn’t disagree, but let the fella have his “15 minutes.”

• annieoakley says:

He was low key on Lou Dobbs every night for a couple of days and started to hype it a little more each day, like ‘ol Tucker. I just won’t watch any of them anymore. Puffed up little talking heads make me angry these days. President Trump is understanding and humble. He tries to get the petty bureaucrats to do something good. Some rise to the occasion, most do not.

• YeahYouRight says:

I couldn’t take Tucker after the first night of his u skeptical, self-induced Wuhan virus lather. He’s normally more cynical, which was why I watched him. No more.

After Fauci gave his “ten times more deadly,” soundbite during congressional testimony, he lost my confidence too.

• MelH says:

drg13miami , Fauci’s “15 minutes ” comes at great cost to the President and it is unfair at this point to keep preaching ever-more hypotheticals that , in the end, admit he doesn’t have enough facts. He’s llke EVERY Democrat who gets air time; golly gee whiz, maybe the President could have acted a little faster about those old rules and regulations i don’t
        t know about, insinuating there are NO old rules and regulations that had to be considered.

4. Mike in a Truck says:

Close the borders, now. Fortress America.And the rest…GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!

5. TycheSD says:

How do you know the administration didn’t send Fauci out there to represent them? After Benghazi, I believe the networks all wanted Hillary, but got Susan Rice. She was everywhere.

• Carly says:

Agreed. If Dr. Fauci doesn’t appear, the media will pivot back to “the administration is being secretive” again. Dr. Fauci just might be willing to do this unpleasant task.

• noswamp says:

Dr Fauci is a great representative so far. Not perfect, but good enough for me if I were the President. Let Dr. Fauci be Dr. Fauci. I see no problem so far with him. He seems smart enough to know that he works for the President not Face the Nation or Chuck Todd or Chris Wallace.

• MelH says:

Fauci is promoting the Demo narrative that this all wouldn’t be a crisis if Trump had hurried up and got the ball rolling for tests, vaccines, and cures.The truth is, we have had to get the ball rolling for 6 other massive health scares, in the past, and they were very different from this one. The rules and regulations that were in place were impeding progress and had to be changed. Trump isn’t a doctor or a lab-rat and doesn’t know much of the language of those who are. He doesn’t deserve the criticizing that’s so rampant and Fauci is pushing it. he wasn’t at first. But today, with Chris Wallace, he gave him just exactly what he wanted….blame the President fortnot having tests in parking lots right this minute!

• hanna693 says:

Fauci is a little short guy with Napoleon complex, he is nothing but a fear monger, everyday he makes it worse. His statements caused NYC to close all restaurants, bars, nightclubs, coffee shops, etc.! Fauci is a leftist tool and is responsible for all this panic. And Chris is another numb boy who is just jealous of President Trump. I wish they would dump him and send him to MSNBC.

• MelH says:

The Napoleon complex is so darned obvious in our society, it always baffles me why those who have it can’t be convinced it exists.
              Fauci go home! Your wife just baked toll house cookies for you.

6. thedoc00 says:

Never heard Chrissy state or ask if the virus would be carried in “checked or carry-on”. We need to know the facts … come on man.

7. Red says:

I would think that Doctor Fauci would be in his office pouring over data or maybe in his lab? Is that too much to ask? Do a quick search on the other things that the CDC have “researched ” over the past two decades. Uhmm LGBTQ health, gun violence, I’m sure there’s more…….I used to think that the CDC was about keeping us safe from germs……wrong!!!!!! They have dabbled into all sorts of social issues.

• Les D says:

Dying to hear somebody ask CDC how in 25 years did our #1 enemy gain control over crucial medicines such as heparin, B/P meds, half of anti-biotics, for starters, not to mention 6 vaccines. Unimportant to disease control? The Reds are going to have us for quite awhile until USA can regain “active ingredient” and mass production capability. That’s what that insipid commie meant in his “sea of corona” tweet this week. I’d like to smoke that little pinko descendant of rice patties raised on bat soup, dogs, cats, and snake snacks.

Dear PT: Not your fault, but billions for The Space Force can wait.

• drg13miami says:

The total idiocy to allow our crucial stuff to be out-sourced is unbelievable. I can’t say I recall precisely when it started, but I do recall thinking to myself, “Self, what the hell are these people thinking?”

Looking back, I can’t believe still, that our government actually let that stuff get away.

• thedoc00 says:

The tried and true line used here on CTH, “follow the money” cannot be overused enough on this issue.

The Trail:
          Export License via US State Department, money and factories to China Inc.’s pocket, money brought back on shore by exporting US company and then money deposited to campaign slush funds everywhere.

There is a reason “the establishment” supports and controls the democrat party. Nobody listened when it was blatantly stated in ALL business news outlets, elect Hillary and continue the Obama era economic policy OR elect Donald Trump to grow domestic capability. IT WAS NO SECRET in 2016.

• Kate says:

Drg,
          progressive money talked.

8. hocuspocus13 says:

🔶
    People seem to be taking medical advice from journalists
    🔶

9. Hello Kitty says:

Dr. Fauci is not at all careful about what he says. Chris and Chuck are each so happy to see him, as they know that they will easily get him into Hyperbolic Land. Chuck was especially gracious and welcoming to his partner-in-crime in getting this country completely wigged-out!

10. CountryClassVulgarian says:

Agree. Fauci has become a detriment to the administration’s efforts. I suspect he wants to get himself removed from the Task Force so that left can blame POTUS for covering up the truth from the public. These people are evil.

11. CM-TX says:

Yeah, I’m going to be needing this on a sticker- just so I can mock any sheeples on the road.

• TwoLaine says:

I’ll do you one better.

• namberak says:

Pardon the discursion but I hadn’t thought about this in years … I was an IT tech guy for 35 years which means I too survived the y2k scare. I think 99.89% of us knew at the time nothing was going to happen apart from a few minor foul ups, but that doesn’t mean various company’s execs weren’t nervous. I was giving a presentation to a bunch of our clients one day in ’98 and a nervous sort of a guy asked me if I was worried about the y2k bug. I said, nah, I’m more worried about the y5b bug. “Y5B bug?” “Yeah, you know, the year 5 billion when the sun burns out– we’ll all be in big trouble then!”

• TwoLaine says:

Yes, there has always been some kind of scare tactic the media or gubt has used on us since I was a child hiding under our classroom desks/tables because of the threat of the cold war.

I went to kindergarten in a 2 classroom schoolhouse. The one and only bathroom was in the basement.

It had a slide out one of the classroom windows that was supposed to be used in the case of fire. We also used it whenever the teacher left the room.

BTW, we all lived through this trying ordeal.

• namberak says:

Yeah I remember duck and cover, too. My grade school was one story so no slides for us. My 3d grade teacher had flown bombers in WW2 and he used to put his feet up and have a smoke when they did the duck and cover. I don’t think he saw the value in it. 🙂

• TwoLaine says:

That’s funny. My kindergarten was 1 story too, it was just elevated enough to have that slide out the back window. Metal slide, like all the other outdoor play equipment.

The worst that happened to me in this school is that I got my nose broken when trying to help move one of the heavy duty real wood tables we sat around instead of desks. Someone used a little to much power and slammed it into my face.

• namberak says:

Ouch! I got thinking about that guy and he wasn’t my third grade teacher, he was the assistant principal. My fourth grade teacher was a raving loon who got fired at, I think it was Thanksgiving, and he covered the class through the end of the school year. The reason I remember the guy is because when it would rain and there was no recess, I’d spend the time drawing airplanes. Now *that* guy could draw planes and he taught me how (you know, to the extent a 9 year old can) and told me stories about flying in the war.

12. drg13miami says:

We all know that Chris always tries to stir up trouble. But when we send our politically savvy on his show, they shut him up quickly.

On the other hand, I have to agree with Chris in this instance. I have little doubt that a small amount (with any amount being too much) of COVID-19 will sneak through our screening process. Double-edged sword….

• Sammy135 says:

What so hard to understand that these people should self quaratining themselves for 14 days, so irrevanirrevant if get in they “airport” .

13. Donzo says:

Last week is was xenophobia against Asians because Chinese restaurants were empty. This week it’s responsible social distancing. Here in San Francisco most patrons in Chinese restaurants are …
    Chinese. One crazed man on a subway yells at Asians and it’s broadcast all over the work. “Racism raises its ugly head”. No matter that for every one of those drunken idiots and that are many thousands of community members helping one another. I’m so damn sick of this enemedia.

14. Donzo says:

I’m the typo king.

15. sabreman30 says:

Does anyone actually know anyone currently diagnosed with Coronavirus? Personally I had mild like Corona symptoms (lasted a couple days) over a month ago but I am interested in the present.

16. HellInAHandbasket says:

Yeah, I agree Sundance, time to break-out the Gong Show hook for the Doctor.

17. Payday says:

THIS is a MAGA level of owning the downside. With all this hysteria, I still don’t see a ramping up of infections nation wide. And our VSG is leading the charge in all the shutdowns going on in every facet of life.

And when it never becomes an epidemic…he can and will take credit for it all. And then use it against these radical nutcases for his next election.

Can you now imagine a leftist crying about, and trying to block, the shut down of our borders (and illegals) now? 😂😂😂

• sabreman30 says:

To me it’s total over reaction but it is what it is at this point. The Dem controlled MSM will continue to attack President Trump. He can never win with them unless he resigns. We just have to hope that most people see through the Dem propaganda the MSM is pushing.

• Donzo says:

Here in San Francisco not only do leftists not see through the propaganda, they believe and repeat every word of it, thanks to the imperious Chris Wallace an his elitist colleagues.

18. rondo123456 says:

19. jeans2nd says:

Dr Fauci is a typical gubmint bureaucrat. Totally ignorant.

Clarice Feldman over at American Thinker wrote today of the law from 1938 (!!!) and the regulations implemented by Obama that fouled all this mess up in the first place.

If Clarice Feldman can find this and educate the American public, how is it that Dr Fauci, who was the guy who wrote the durn Obama regs, does not know?

One suspects Dr Fauci, being a good gubmint bureaucrat, is either lying through his teeth or will not admit what he does not know. As usual for gubmint workers.
    Leaning towards lying, though.

We pay these people the big bucks, folks.

• glissmeister says:

They get everything second hand. What is not filtered is distorted.. They tend to bounce back and forth between what they’ve known and what they hear inside the bubble. There is little time for anything else.

They are charged with a task in an environment where everything is somewhat corrupted by agency politics and backbiting, compromised by career politics, and rivalry, among medical and non-medical people surrounding them.

But it gets worse. You may be surprised to hear this, the problem is exponentially greater in “big medicine” and “university medicine” which are far worse in this way than we visualize government to be. There are many swamps. some are cult-like, like big medicine and university cartels monopolizing federal policy and grant making.

Be certain of this. The swampers are coming to feed on Covid-19. Even the most tangential parasitic rodents like a beady-eyed Chris Wallace wiggling his nose.

• charlie says:

Just listened to Dr. Makary of Johns Hopkins roast Dr. Fauci and his soft pedal of this. This Dr. Makary on You tube is the best I have heard. He says to hunker down with food and medicine for 3 months, close schools, travel, etc. Whatever you think you believe, you might want to hear this. It is an eye opener, esp on Dr. Fauci’s efforts of lack of them. He really hits it at about the 4 min mark onward. Please share this to everyone you care about. Wal mart online grocery shopping pick up was out of order all day. Amazon Prime Pantry is lagging. What are we in the high risk category to do. Whatever we have stored will be used up in a short while. God help us.

20. Has marie harf on a national network weekly politics show opinion panel segment.
    bigtime Chrissy is working on amarosa for next week

21. DWC says:

I have to say that I very much agree with the general premise of the article regarding the constant rotating appearances with these Democrat supporting network hacks by certain members of the Coronavirus Task Force. Basically with a couple exceptions most members are hands on lab or analytical science geeks who in the normal course of their job never get the opportunity of getting thrust on the public stage to expouse their scientific acumen. And that’s the problem. They’re constantly asked leading questions about their opinion with an underlying judgement about the POA and leadership decisions. This plays right into the hands of reacting to the media and their agenda. That said the Task Force needs to get their act together regarding unified direct responses. Also, VP Pence, although a good example of patience, calm and professionalism, needs to start calling out and debunking any stupid calculated media questions designed incite panic or unjustly question the decision making and actions fo the Task Force and likewise the federal government. Heck, when the media starts thrashing around you don’t return to the scripted response but address it head on and squash it. In closing, it makes a big difference when answering a question about the severity of the impact regarading coronavirus by saying “we’re prepared for any situation” versus ” we’re still in the early stages of coronavirus with not much overall statistical data however it could have less impact than the seasonal flu but we always plan for any contigency”. If the MSM is stupid enough to venture into contradicting that, the current numbers (and refreshing their memories about the do nothing Obama 2009-2010 H1N1 response) will shut them up and put them in their place.

22. Pp91303 says:

Fauci is now as invested in this massive overreaction as anyone in the world. He will never admit that there is no factual basis or public health basis for this panic. When Wallace asks him how he knows this virus is more contagious than other flu viruses his exact answer is that “it just is”. That was the only statement he offered in support of his claim. He doesn’t have any factual or scientific basis for beliving this virus is more contagious than other viruses or else he would have stated the basis. We are effed on this country. The number one reason that the media and powers that be have hyped this panic is to harm Trump. They illegally spied on him and his campaign, they manufactured a special counsel investigation to gin up an obstruction charge, they invented a whistle blower complaint and impeached him while this pandemic was emerging and when that failed they came up with the “this is Trump’s Katrina” in the firm of a Chinese originated pandemic in which the US has suffered a fraction of the deaths and confirmed cases that have occurred in orher countries. Make no mistake, the overreaction is going to destroy our economy. Here in LA thecstreets are empty and so are the stores except for grocery stores. It will take a long time for us to recover and it has been completely manufactured by the left in service of their lust for power. We are teally screwed.

23. BigTex52 says:

If you follow Wallace’s logic, then we can reasonably deduce that none of the talking heads on TV have any sense since Chris Wallace doesn’t have any……oh, wait….

24. GB Bari says:

I am so tired of Media hacks thinking they’re soooo smart by asking why the US doesn’t have the availability of testing like South Korea.

Why doesn’t SOMEONE on PDJT’s team throw this fact about scale back in their pompous faces?

South Korea is about 39,000 sq miles in size. Thats about the size of Kentucky or Ohio.
    If all the US federal government had to do was equip the state of Kentucky with testing facilities, it could have been done weeks ago. This country is over 3.5 Million square miles or about 100 times the size of South Korea. Apparently no one in Leftwing Media understands the scalability of logistical challenges.

25. teeheeman says:

Sad but predictable. Dr. Fauci gets swept up in his newfound fame in his waning years while the media waits to pounce on any word or phrase from this “hero” that supports their “Orange man bad” narrative. We’ve got to get through this, but the whole process is disgusting.

26. 24may98 says:

Wallace, Fox and other “NetWokes” have yet to report the FACT that the initially virus infected Regions of Italy —Lombardy & Tuscany — have the by far the largest populations of of Chinese.

• noswamp says:

Humm, I did not know that. But what are the percentages of Chinese versus Italians? All you need is one person and every one spreads from that one person. So, not buying the “largest populations of Chinese argument” at this stage in the game. One sick Chinese or sick Italian coming from China, is all you would need for this to have happened in Italy.

27. Patchman2076 says:

Ugh!!!

28. Trygve says:

I do not trust Fauci. He was part of the Anthrax coverup. See the excellent book THE 2001 ANTHRAX DECEPTION: THE CASE FOR A DOMESTIC CONSPIRACY by Graeme MacQueen.

29. T2020 says:

Fauci has become an attention whore, going on every program saying different things to induce fear. Fauci never mentions what Dr. Brix said during a recent presser that 98% of those being tested were negative. And he never mentions that 80% of those with the virus self-resolve with no treatment and little to no symptoms. (Go to the CDC website if you doubt my statements.) Since China has had this since at least November and never told us, and we probably got it in January/February, isn’t it possible the virus mutated to something less severe than the one in China? No one is talking about that. And no one is talking about whether those that are already healed had previously gotten a regular flu shot or not. Did the ones in China who died ever get a flu shot prior contracting this virus? These are important questions to ask.