Quarterly Reminder – Guidelines for Comments…

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood”.

1.) First, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD – and the full text of any discussion thread you wish to participate in. Skipping to the comments to express an opinion without reading the content of the discussion is not helpful.

Often, unfortunately very often, we find many of the points injected into comments are already outlined in the construct of the thread itself. -or- Questions asked while the answers are in the primary post.

2.) STAY ON TOPIC – please do not post something unrelated to the specific matter and content of the thread subject. There is a ALWAYS a daily open thread available for any subject you feel should get attention. Never place unrelated, “O/T”, or “Off Topic” comments on a thread unrelated to the topic. It is not ok to say: “sorry, O/T but”… or any iteration therein.

3.) NARROW YOUR THOUGHTS – Quality beats quantity. Please construct your comments to target specific areas and not broad generalizations about the discussion topic at hand. If you have four or five disconnected points, break them up into individual comments.

4.) AVOID GENERALIZATIONSDon’t speak in riddles. Words like “he, she, they, it, them” should rarely be used. Spell out “who” using the name, spell out who “they” are at the beginning of every sentence in your paragraph; so that there is clarity as to who you are talking about. Avoid using acronyms.

5.) BLOCK PARAGRAPHSDo not post huge blocks of text. Think of the reader, and modify your presentation for understanding, not for exclaiming. Do not write to yourself, you are writing to others, so please structure your thoughts so other people can grasp and enjoy. NEVER post massive blocks of text without paragraph breaks.

Do not post huge blocks of text

6.) PARAGRAPHS – Should NEVER be longer than two or three sentences taking up three to five standard lines of text. Again, you are writing to be understood, the emphasis should be on the reader comprehending what you are sharing.

Do not post huge blocks of text

7.) SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION – This is not school and we do not demerit for poor spelling, nor do we allow anyone to call others out for the same. However, if your construct is too poorly written the context is lost and important details can be missed. Read the comment carefully before you send it. Does it make sense?

8.) TIME – Everyone ‘s time is valuable. Some of our discussion threads are 500 to 1,000+ comments long. We try to limit the comments to 500 and then post another related thread, but with some research threads it is challenging to do so because we do not want to break a continuity.

9) CITATIONS – There’s a big difference between an opinion and an assertion of fact. Feel free to provide opinions; however, if you are making an assertion of fact please attach a citation therein for review. Also, do not post links without an explanation of the reason, purpose and content that is behind the link.

10.) THOUSANDS ARE WATCHING – For every person writing a comment, there are easily 100,000 or more reading lurkers on every discussion thread. Do not write anything you would not say in your own living room. Do not disparage our conversation with vulgarity, profanity, or any expressions of any “ism”.

Troll11.) MODERATION / FILTERING THE HATE – Because of our honest approach at seeking facts and truth, and openly discussing various analytical theories along the way, we are bombarded by those with ulterior motives which include:

• Intentional efforts to distract
  • Intentional diatribes to affix labels to our objectives
  • Intentional expressions of rabid hate, vulgarity, and threats.
  • Trolling and professional obfuscation.
  • Concern Trolling as a tool of distraction and derailing conversation.
  • Psy-ops and Intentional Efforts to diminish fact-finding.

We do our earnest best to stop the agenda-horde at the moderation gates, however sometimes they get through. If you see something untoward say something. When a new comment surfaces that we view is only presented to argue, we watch carefully – but we also are not perfect. You can help. Feel free to alert us via email.

12.) MANNERS MATTER – Simple kindnesses and courtesy should always be present in tone and content. When writing, ask yourself before you hit send: does this add value?

13.) NO PERSONAL ATTACKSEver. The fastest way to lose commenting privileges is to ridicule, bully or personally attack another person’s opinion or comment. Unfortunately people, often good people, let their passion interfere with good manners and personal judgement. If you cannot be polite or respectful, pause – and – do not comment.

14.) TONE and HONESTY – Often the information and research CTH provides are about challenges we face and/or events that are hidden from larger review. It can be frustrating to see the scale of corruption; however, you control how that information is absorbed by you. The truth doesn’t care about our feelings. Try to keep an even keel and optimistic disposition.

SUMMARY: The Tree House community has historically accomplished a lot. Through exhaustive research and analysis our accuracy and reputation for truthful fact-finding, regardless of where it leads, is well regarded. Retain that distinction of intellectual armament.

We are The Conservative Tree House, not because of political affiliation, but rather because the word “conservative” expresses our outlook. We would rather be deep, than wide; we would rather be honest, than popular; we avoid semantics in favor of accurately presenting both intention and meaning.

We are bold in our willingness to go into conversational places where others do not, and we are brave enough to stand firm for principles which are time tested.

We would rather advertise our outlook, so the viewer can understand our perspective on a particular subject, than deceptively claim we are something else and deliver an inherently biased view. The entire spectrum of the MSM is based on the latter.

Every reader knows where we stand on any given issue, and our opinions -while they may be unpopular- are based on solid research and analytical insight into the subject matter at hand. This is why our predictive analysis is routinely more accurate than others.

Lastly, this Treehouse is a conversation. Hopefully, just like sitting on a porch with friends.

Because the “conversation” is the ends and not the means, this approach inherently means YOU are important:

[Remember] …”However each of us got here, it’s probably a fact that we have the turmoil of those storms in common, perhaps some unease that we could share and always, we also find fresh ground to cover from day to day.

We’re developing valuable relationships as we trust one another in our community in the woods. The chatting in the branches encourages, strengthens and equips for some serious walking.

We think the Treehouse is a good armory for those who doing long distance walking for the sake of our nation. We hope you’ll think so, too. Find yourself a good branch….or just pull up a rock to the campfire”.

Wolverines faithfully patrol the perimeter.

Please be respectful.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Treehouse Campfire, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Quarterly Reminder – Guidelines for Comments…

1. vikingmom says:

Thank you for re-posting these rules…sometimes people get passionate and forget to be kind or concise!! (Guilty as charged on occasion!!)

• donna kovacevic says:

Guilty. Thanks so much Sundance and Ad rem.

• bobdog says:

Excellent article. I’d like to recommend it to the folks at Breitbart, Gateway Pundit and Daily Caller, not because the articles they publish are crap (they aren’t), but because they allow sociopathic trolls to hijack their comment sections and debase the discussion with insulting comments and overtly hostile remarks.

It’s one thing to disagree with a post. It’s quite another to set out to infuriate other readers with the intention of derailing all reasonable discussion.

Thanks for this article. I hope it spreads.

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Do not post huge blocks of text

Do not post huge blocks of text”

Reminder to those who compose their replies on a word processor program and then copy and paste them to the website:

With the program I am using, I have to make sure there are double spaces while looking at my reply on the WP program.

Because when I paste it into the WordPress website and it is not double (paragraph) spaced, it will post as a solid block of text.

• “Well, the WordPress software is what it is … so be it.” It only gives you one shot. So be it. What I usually do. “when I feel myself waxing loquacious,” is to copy-and-paste my missive into my computer’s equivalent of “TextEdit.”

And, hey … it works.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“It only gives you one shot.”

Well then – know your program. Mine paragraphs look fine in the [outdated] popular WP program I use. However, WordPress “loses” those distinctions when it posts. This has tripped me a few times when doing my daily copy & paste for the Open Thread.

To help prevent that, I leave activated the button to show paragraphs, tabs, spaces, etc.

• Peoria Jones says:

The more fool-proof alternative is to paste it from an email draft. It’s a pain, but I’ve tried it from different email clients, and they all seem to work fine.

• nimrodman says:

Well then – know your program

Exactly

Everyone should post a several-paragraph comment as a test on the daily open thread

Then see how it appears

If the paragraphs that appeared separated on your device are crammed together and abutting, then …

… you need TWO carriage returns after every paragraph

Try it and see if that fixes it

Many of the “block of text” comments you can tell had carriage returns because new paragraphs start on a new line and the prior one doesn’t extend all the way to the right margin.

So they didn’t intend to post a block of text

They just haven’t recognized they need to hit 2 carriage returns to get one blank line when it posts

So hey, folks: post a text comment and figure out your device
          … please

3. This, to me, is what really differentiates this site from … “well, from almost every other site that is right now out there [on the same general topic …] on the Internet.” Although I would be very quick to add that these sentiments are much closer to “the Internet as I choose to remember it, having first been there as it began.” Let us celebrate the unprecedented power of “the Internet,” and never fail to truly recognize it, and never allow it to be compromised. “Because it very truly is a thing of which Politics knows not, and this fact may well prove to be the only thing that saves us all.”

Thank you, Sundance. Thank you for being informative. Thank you for being different. And, thank you for inviting the rest of us to be here as well. May we all forever conduct ourselves appropriately.

4. Mary Van Deusen says:

I’ve always come here for Sundance’s deep analysis. Nothing on the web beats it. And I enjoy seeing familiar names add depth to the topic. But I wander out again when conversations become unkind or trolling seems to be changing the tenor of discussion.

This seems like an extremely timely reminder. Sundance’s rules make for a pleasant environment, especially as this year isn’t going to get much easier for those of us who support President Trump – not to mention for POTUS!

• Y’know, this is really what I like about these “regular reminders.” Because it consists of a formal and explicit re-reminder of exactly how “conversations can become unkind” and “trollings can change tenor.”

Let’s face it – most of the time, when we are “addressing” and “speaking to” any individual, we either “actually know them” or “presume that we do” or (failing that) “smile and be civil.” But Internet dialogues really are different. (Insert PhD thesis topic here. They are legion.) “We live in interesting times.™ Keep that foremost in your mind.”

• buzzybee says:

Yes. This may prove to be a difficult year. This site encourages me and helps me remember that my friends and I are not alone. It’s good to see other Trump supporters commenting who are awake and understand.

• buzzybee says:

Also, a big thank you to the creators of this site! I very much appreciate the rules. Reminds me of the concept of ‘ordered liberty’. This truly is a refuge. Thank you! I think I found this site about 4 years ago. Most recently this was helpful to me during the impeachment fiasco.

5. ganesh says:

And also, let’s try not to go here:

One could change “dog” to “comment” if they like.

Ganesh

PS: I don’t know about your dog, but mine is the best!

6. Thanks for the reminder, Sundance. Nothing wrecks an intelligent discussion about the nation’s state of affairs faster than run-and-gun commentary.

7. TreeClimber says:

Uh-oh, what did I do now? xD

8. Hide the Decline says:

Would it be okay for me to post in an open thread a link to a Christian book that I recently published? It would of great interest to most of the Treehouse’s readers but I don’t if that is allowed.

• I would approach this idea with great caution and probably ask Sundance first. There’s a narrow, sketchy line between promotion and advertising. If you feel that you have a topic that would be of such interest, perhaps you should ask a trusted friend – a person who is therefore an arm’s length away from you, the author – to compose a posting by which you might present the topic to us. Certainly you can then say in an added paragraph that you’re the author of a book on the subject and point out how we can find it. But, let the review / presentation-of-idea truly stand on its own and be crafted initially by someone other than yourself. (Having written several e-books myself, I’ve found that “if you begin to ‘talk about them,’ you begin to write. And/Or you unconsciously reference thoughts that you had while writing. And you really can’t see this sort of thing yourself. You’re just too close.)

Another idea is to post your complete thoughts somewhere else, and post here a very brief reference to it – fully disclosing of course that you are the author.

9. Ad rem says:

AND….in the spirit of the following….

“When writing, ask yourself before you hit send: does this add value?”

…PLEASE refrain from posting rock videos, movie clips, and cartoon videos on anything but the most celebratory of threads. I am so very tired of having to delete these from threads that should relate to topics of serious discussion.

• Peoria Jones says:

Thank you for that! Lately, these big blocks of video clogging up the threads make it harder to access the real content. (Of course, interesting vids which pertain to the subject are great.) I sometimes wonder if people are simply using CTH as a means to draw viewers to their own Yucktube channel?

On a similar note, I wonder how you feel about certain tweets? Many are important to share, but others are just an opinion from some unknown with a Twatter handle – and the context is lost without clicking on the link. As with a link to an article, some description is helpful.

I often see folks posting their own tweets here, when this forum is provided to easily state that comment. Personally, I’d rather read a simple comment than decipher their tweet. Again, it seems people are using CTH to bolster their own personal following.

The CTH comment section has grown yuge! For those of us who make an effort to read through them, the issues above make it more difficult. After SD’s contributions, I always relish hearing the insights from our bright Treepers.

• Ad rem says:

Hmmmmmm…..only 47 comments so far. This tells me that the people who NEED to read this thread probably don’t bother. SMH…..

• swissik says:

My beef is with the abbreviations people use, such as SMH. I have to look up what they stand for. I am also an atheist and as such many of the biblical citations are meaningless but at least I can simply ignore them.

10. MR52 says:

My only concern is the trolls. Too bad there is not a member since or # of posts…etc to figure out who should be trusted.

Bottom-line, Sundance you run a great site and I think you so much for enlightening me.

11. Tiffthis says:

Thanks for posting. I see I’ve been making mistakes sometimes 😬😇 I can do better

12. Laurie Walker says:

I think your problem is that the “open thread” is very cliquey.

• Peoria Jones says:

As a politics junkie, I don’t spend much time there – but when I have, they’ve always been warm and welcoming. Isn’t it nice for the Open Thread regulars to have a comfortable place to share with like-minded friends?

• GB Bari says:

I don’t see that as a problem – after all, it is an “Open” thread.

So feel free to start an additional “clique” there, if you have content (that complies with the otherwise general rules) that you believe may be of edifying interest to others…

One never knows in what topics or subject matter that others may be interested until one “asks”…. 🙂

13. T2020 says:

Sir, yes, sir.

14. AnotherView says:

Many thanks, Sundance. Guidelines are always much-appreciated reinforcement.

15. Laurie Walker says:

I love this site, but I think your problem might be that the “open thread” is way too cliquey about things that have nothing to do with politics.

• GB Bari says:

That’s exactly why it is provided.

Re-read Item #2 in the article at the top.
      The second sentence in that item reads, “There is a ALWAYS a daily open thread available for any subject you feel should get attention.” [bold emphasis mine]

16. Laurie Walker says:

Alright … I promise to try to quit posting non-political off-topic videos. But you have to admit, John Denver’s “West Virginia” is awesome and topical in a way.

17. getfitnow says:

Thank you, SD.

18. Raptors2020 says:

In my own defence, in regard to rule # 2; I often see connections others might not. For example, I see many parallels between the Russian Collusion hoax and the whole Get-Trump campaign of the Democrats, and the Watergate scandal. A younger person, who didn’t live through that era, might not.

• mugzey302 says:

Not surprising you see parallels. The cabal that seeks to control countries through sedition, influence, money, blackmail has been around for centuries. The results of their handiwork become evident to those who are observant.

• Incidentally, National Geographic has recently published one of their special magazines entitled “Secret Societies” which I would recommend. It has a number of well-written historical sections which discuss at length how some countries’ government systems have been effectively usurped. The actual subject-matter is much broader than the title may imply, and the scholarship is excellent.

19. Seneca the Elder says:

Dear Sundance & Company,
    One of the best things that ever happened to this political junkie was to discover your amazing work and the Conservative Tree House. I can never thank you enough for all that you do.

It is an honor and a privilege to be able to post here and share my thoughts with some of the best and brightest Patriots and supporters of our President Trump.

I will try always to follow the guidelines as I know that restraint of tongue and pen is not one of my virtues.

20. keystonekon says:

It took me at least a year to figure out how to post. I think Word Press has a personal vendetta against me as do all electronic means of communication.

Thank you, Sundance, whoever you are, for posting TRUTH, such a rare commodity, and much needed. I appreciate especially, all the background and sources you publish. We are so often led by the next shiny object to distract us and that’s just plain sad. Yesterday, I had my husband read your article, all of it, on Bob Barr. What Barr seemingly cannot do, because he has to go along with the decisions made by those lying, perverse, seditious, treasonous, self-aggrandizing jackasses who preceded him in office is abhorrent.

Do the reasonable thing, do the right thing, expose them all. It is a Drain the Swamp moment we will never have again. It’s why we voted for President Trump!

21. lolli says:

Thank you Sundance for providing a legit home for us truth seekers.
    Your character is displayed in every piece you write.
    Your standards for your comment section further reflect your character.

Sundance – A man seeking truth, regardless of where it leads. 🇺🇸
    God bless you.

22. TimeIsNow says:

The early parts of this is excellent, good writing skills, staying on target, then getting rid of Gammas with their Walls of Text and weird punctuation.

But the Tone Police stuff is why Conservatives always lose until Trump. He doesn’t follow Tone Police rules, and he should not, as it leads to loser passiveness. I was a Paleo Conservative in the 1990’s and liked Pat Buchanan, but Pat was too much the gentleman to win anything.

Fight back, and fight back hard, by being smart. POTUS has changed the judges and will change them more. Lawfare against the parasite companies is starting to work and will work extremely well in the near future. But don’t keep this contemptible Tone Police loser attitude. Spinning bow tie Conservatives lose every time.

• TimeIsNow says:

BTW, I’m not stating that Sundance is a National Review, Buckley type spinning bow tie, as even Pat Buchanan got kicked out by those pretenders. Sundance with his “Cold Anger” is even a notch better than Pat. That got me engaged during POTUS’s 2016 election. I loved Cold Anger as a beginning. It’s not enough.

What more can be done? Open aggression is usually the trap the Deep State people expect and use. So what kind of aggression can be adapted. Even non-violent protests are targeted. Can aggressive speech ever be fair or useful, or even rudeness. Trump is sometimes rude, but it’s always a response to people being unfair or rude to him.

Strategically what can be done? Lawfare against Deep State institutions is opening up, but it takes resources, or connections with people that have resources. So what else is worth exploring? How about Culture Wars? Supporting people bringing back Western Civilization, Christian culture. Politics are downstream from culture. First, what is real Western or Christian culture, as there are tons of fake promoters or controlled opposition telling lies. You need to aggressively look into what is real. It’s up to you, but someone first needs to tell you that you need to explore.

Useful aggression beyond Cold Anger is never discussed or allowed to be commented on here as it may get “out of hand,” thus Tone Police

• I have never felt that the “tone” here is “policed” by anyone other than the community itself. One thing that I think we’d all do well to keep in mind is that many crowd-psychology tactics are used by our opposition, including those designed to foment internal dissent and a sense of futility and hopelessness.

To me, the term “Cold Anger” is not a term of “aggression.” (Hence, “Cold.”) A person who self-describes himself in this way is, in my view, “determined to act, but not to react.” Such a person will no longer accept passivity, and is coldly determined to obtain change (and justice), but also will not dance to your drum nor be pulled around by your strings.

• buzzybee says:

To TimeIsNow; words have power. spoken or written, they do reach those who hear or read them. Witness the power of advertising. I believe the liberal/communist/socialist propaganda should be countered every place we can. I’ve said this before on other threads. I’m encouraging my peers to refer to the Democrat Party as the ‘Democrat Regime’. My idea. We’ll see.

For rudeness, well, to my knowledge the Nazi thugs used to be very polite, even serving dinner to a selected prisoner, just before torture and death. Of course, the politeness was simply sarcastic.

I think there is a place for rudeness. This thread is not one of those. I think we can be straightforward, yet polite. But it someone breaks into my house or threatens my family, I will be very rude to the threat. Basically, on these threads, I think we can say what needs to be said within the rules and guidelilnes the Treehouse has set. Technology makes it a challenge at times but we can all only do the best we can.

• TimeIsNow says:

buzzybee

I believe that you are a fighter. Somewhat, or a little bit, but consider Western Culture and it’s vast importance.

Yet, Conservatism has a weak past before Trump, and that weak past/present used/uses civility and tone as an excuse. Conservatives –> Conserve Nothing is very on point. What they don’t conserve is the West’s Values.

PDT is the exception. He’s changing R’s to his form of fighting, slowly. He uses Economics first, but he also fights for Values.

In terms of Culture, Conservatives are merely stack up well with Liberals of 2-3 decades before. Conservatives just give up Western Civilization a little bit slower than full on Bernie Bros. The Christian Churches have been infiltrated using money, and very few churches are real Christians any more.

“Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush told a Presidents’ Day audience of investors and money managers that it’s time for a RETURN TO CIVILITY in the nation’s politics. And the man who was ousted early from the Republican primaries of 2016 gave a decidedly mixed review of the first term of President Donald Trump, who bruised him often on the campaign trail.”

This is an attack on POTUS’s brashness. BTW Does anyone on CTH really understand the Bush Family and who they are in relation to the Deep State? In relation to the Left, or even BHO or HRC?

Culture and Western Culture are critical and Conservatives are losing that culture, using civility and tone as an excuse for cowardliness. Safe Spaces are for SJWs and other small children. CTH is, by in large, a safe space. Does CTH work to restore Western Values, or like most Conservative Sites merely slow down the erosion? (And not by much)

Not considering finance here, as most CTH people are economically on the Right. Yet, the people on CTH are certainly further to the Left culturally, then blue-collar Kennedy Liberals of the past.

buzzybee an answer is not necessary, just consider over time and what you observe.

• buzzybee says:

TimeIsNow; Wow. I agree with everything you said. I’ve been trying to warn my fellow conservatives since 1996 (at which time I discovered the truth about globalism, education, etc. although didn’t have all the details; just enough to get busy). I now am older and have health issues so have been forced to slow down. Too bad we cannot chat over coffee!

Back in 1997 or so, many of my conservative peers stuck their heads in the sand in spite of my warnings. I threw up my hands and said, “Fine! They can learn the hard way!” There are, however, a few of my closer friends who did embrace the truth. I think it can be said that some do better with the truth than others (in terms of the plot for global communism, etc.).

I love PDJT! I don’t care that he’s rude on his tweets. He’s a wonderful president! I do not tweet, so I don’t know all that he says there. But I do watch his rallies and some of his interviews and most all of his speeches.

To our other topic about rudeness in general; I will think very seriously about what you’ve said as I do still talk to people every chance I get. I suppose we may come at this topic differently i.e. what I consider being polite, someone else might consider as being rude. Then there’s the problem of getting listening ears. If they didn’t listen to a polite message, I doubt they’ll hear a rude one either, although PDJT seems to resonate with a whole lot of American people.

I agree that many conservatives have used civility and tone as an excuse (The retired Christianity Today editor is one, and I went after him with teeth bared, although I wonder now if I was too polite even there. I’ll ponder this.). But I hadn’t thought it was cowardice. I thought it was laziness or apathy; spoiled and fat on our freedoms and too much American easy living. Sadly, our fallen human natures are all too evident at times.

I’m sorry this is so long, but I was motivated to respond. Please forgive length.
            At any rate, thank you for your post and I will think seriously about all of these things, as well as discuss this with my closest friends (who know the truth i.e. what you’ve shared in your post). Warm regards to you.
            BuzzyBee

23. theasdgamer says:

Thanks for this. I would add that it’s not bad manners to chide/gently mock people when they are attempting to gaslight you. For example, I thought that the appropriate response of the House repubs during impeachment inquiry would have been to do skits about Pelosi and Schiff in their closed door meetings a la Saturday Night Live, mocking Pelosi and Schiff.

It’s important to use appropriate rhetoric to persuade. It’s not appropriate to use harsh rhetoric merely to vent. During warfare, you must do what is necessary to win. Make no mistake, we are engaged in a cold war. I’ll choose Donald J. Trump for my team over George Will any day.

• buzzybee says:

I’m glad the House Repubs remained professional in their behavior and demeanor. It stands in stark contrast to the out of control behavior of the far left like Pelosi and Schiff. But I do understand what you mean. If you haven’t seen it, you might enjoy ‘Schiff Hits the Fan’ on Politizoid. I’m not very tech savvy so don’t know how to post the link. But you can find it in a search with the title. Very fun.

This year is going to be tough in many ways. I think we will need our sense of humor, as well as mutual support and encouragement. I do my venting in private; either talk to God or a close friend. I’ve been to our state capitol many times and have taken letters to legislators. I try to remain polite while sticking with reality, even if the truth is not pretty. I think we can do the same thing here i.e. polite but realistic.

I like that both our POTUS and Sundance are calling a spade a spade. Realism. Our culture needs it.

• TimeIsNow says:

Yes, very good.

24. craig says:

“4.) AVOID GENERALIZATIONS – Don’t speak in riddles.”

Munging of public figures’ names for mockery should be done sparingly if at all. While you may think a particular substitution is a ‘cute’ and devastating insult, other readers may not be able to tell who you’re even talking about.

• TimeIsNow says:

“Munging of public figures’ names for mockery should be done sparingly if at all.”

So, John McCain should have not been referred to as No name or McStain? This is wimpy, Wm. Buckley Tone Police in spades. Buckley was Gay you do realize, and working for the other side (Controlled Opposition). All the latest National Review types are Neo-Cons or pretend Right Wing, and they all push the tisk-tisk tone.

I have respect for Sundance’s Economic information, but he and his commentors, like Stefan Molyneux (who I respect also) are not fighters. Something more is needed, and discussion needs to be made on how to arrive at the intelligent ways to fight. Probably not at CTH. I was hoping Sundance is one leg of a mild disinfo campaign, and that’s why he’s passive. Could be true, and perhaps he merely has a part to play. Still hoping.

• craig says:

What part of “don’t speak in riddles” do you not understand? I don’t care about Buckley or your f***ing tone. “McStain” is fairly obvious in context, but “No name”? Your free opinions are not so valuable that I’m going to do research to figure out who you’re talking about. You’re just lowering the overall signal-to-noise ratio of the comments.

• TimeIsNow says:

“14.) TONE and HONESTY” is by Sundance, so his rule, and similar rules always used to attack Trump by the Left and NeverTrumpers. ” No Name ” is not my Opinion as it is used constantly by millions of patriotic military people to refer to John McCain and McStain is less well known. McCain had imbibed in levels of treason that should be researched by all. Lack of research into critical areas like this guy are ignorance, and laziness, try not to promote this as a moral high ground. The smallest of research would find the “We Do Not Say His Name,” by the majority of the USA military.

People, if you are not open up to a least some more research into critical understanding areas, as in McCain’s treasonous roles even before the Spygate material, handled well by Sundance, then what do you stand for anyway. McCain was a major perp with the dossier that started Spygate. And much more. If you’re not interested in his history including why most patriots despise him as “No Name,” then… that says a lot about you.

• jello333 says:

At the risk of going off-topic in a post specifically warning against going off-topic (among other things), I feel this needs to be said:

My God, you’re an idiot!

25. Deborah Fehr says:

Sometimes frustration comes out in the passion, as you try to relay the message. This thread has an extremely controversial subject..PDT. whenever I’m weary from reading the hate that is passed around on other sites, I come here to get the reassurance I need to hear…that much of it is BS and there really are people out there fighting the good fight. And yes, this thread is good for the nerves..no insulting or name calling..its like my cup of tea.

• TimeIsNow says:

“This thread has an extremely controversial subject..PDT.”

What is controversial about PDT? He’s an “extremely good man,” trying to save the world from Evil people, who deserve contempt, not hate.

• swissik says:

I used to have a long list of sites that I perused but have cut way down now. Most of them are tedious, predictable, same old same old, and many of the comments downright nasty. At my state of life I don’t need this. Treehouse is still tolerable and it is informative, so thank you.

26. lgstarr says:

LOVE that dog, SD!! Is it yours?

27. Yy4u says:

Thank you, Sundance! This site is unique in that it does not allow the nastiness other sites allow. We can agree, disagree or agree to disagree but we can always be polite and respectful. Sundance has achieved that here. Congrats!

28. willthesuevi says:

Thank you for the reminder.

Thank you for the opportunity to read and comment.

29. Lenny says:

will do and thank you SD

30. Ivehadit says:

Thank you, Sundance! You are the best and you arm us with impeccable knowledge and original documentation that is our best weapon in this information and psyops war. Beyond grateful for all you and the staff do in helping us AND the President save and restore our Beloved America.
    Take care and be safe!

31. TimeIsNow says:

Look this is not a superiority trip by me, because overall I’m pretty happy with what Sundance does with CTH. At least you are on POTUS’s side and are likely to vote for him. That’s a good thing.

Yet Western Civilization is under a profound and constant attack, and I believe this needs an intelligent response. Perhaps some can try to find a way to go further than the useful “Cold Anger” of Sundance. It’s merely an invite for further travels, but do with that as you wish.

32. dwhitehurst says:

Agreed. It’s often like reading lyrics from the “Pixies.”

33. noswamp says:

No one is perfect, thanks SD. I too have noticed increased negativity from some posters that was uncalled for.

34. Don says:

Some could say there may be an implied… or veiled Bloomberg-ism take on the rules………LoL
    Seriously though, I think also an addition to the list could be made to ENCOURAGE those that DO HAVE intimate knowledge, depth or understanding of any particular CTH post to definitely chime in that $.02 as well !
    The more smot comments, the merrier !!!

35. jello333 says:

Ever heard of Trayvon Martin? Ever heard of George Zimmerman? You know that George received constant death threats? You know that just being a SUPPORTER of GZ could earn you a few death threats of your own? The bigger, more important the supporter, the bigger the target. Me? I wasn’t all that important, but even I was looking over my shoulder for awhile. Here… lemme tell you my real name, and my address and phone number too… hmm….