This is interesting. Last year Speaker Pelosi used the SOU invite to play out political games against President Trump.  This year, considering the political impeachment effort, I thought she would be likely to replay that scheme; but she didn’t.   This implies the private polling and public sentiment (ie. bbacklash) against her constituent democrats must be much more severe than is currently visible:

Per Hogan Gidley: President Donald J. Trump has accepted the Speaker’s invitation to deliver the State of the Union Address on February 4, 2020.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2020, Impeachment, media bias, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

300 Responses to Speaker Pelosi Invites President Donald Trump to Deliver State of Union February 4th, 2020…

1. Magabear says:

Just make sure all the demonrats are patted down and checked for any weapons they may try to sneak in. They really are that insane.

I hope PDJT uses the occassion to rip the dimms a new one. Fill the upper seating of the House with MAGA rally people. 😁

• capt fast says:

After considerable thought, I would deliver it to the senate and not invite members of the house. not to say deny them entry, just not invite.

• InAz says:

@ Magabear

I thought the same thing. These Bass turds can not be trusted. They are planning something.

• vexedmi says:

Not much left to plan other than not standing as POTUS Trump enters the chamber. They sat on their thumbs for a lot of President Trump’s statements of “America Is Great” at the last State of the Union.

• muckeyduck says:

lol, I am a full fledged deplorable, but in true self deprecating fashion, when I read that comment “Fill the upper seating of the House with MAGA rally people”, the scene from Happy Gilmore, where the Golf spectators are chugging beers, and tossing the beach balls came to mind.

• ms doodlebug says:

There is no freakin’ way he should ever stand with his back to Pelosi, and I’m not too sure about Pence. Really wishing he had chosen a different location and said, no thank you. At least have a team of clergy in to exorcise the demons first.

2. Eileen McRae says:

Beware the lioness that invites you into its den! Something is afoot with this invitation! Forewarned is forearmed! Pelosi has something nefarious planned. What a spectacle for the nation to watch if the House uses the opportunity to arrest President Trump, handcuff him and drag him from the house as a “clear and present danger” to the Republic!

3. Zy says:

At the very least the (low IQ) Squad will cook up some kind of demonstration, the D women will all dress alike to show their diversity, and Stacey Abrams, exiled Governor of Georgia, will give a fantasy filled rebuttal.

Traditionally, in opening his speech, the President turns around to greet the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House, who are seated behind him. In 2020 he should turn around and give Pelosi the double middle finger salute.

• Zippy says:

“the D women will all dress alike to show their diversity”

• bodieisland says:

Awww shucks, Zippy, I will never be able to get that image from my mind now. At least you could have warned us it’s “X” rated. /sarc

• muckeyduck says:

I thought it was really funny that the democrats had to stop the PPH movement because they came under fire from trans females, and black crusaders, the former that actually having no vagina, and the latter who vagina is not pink.

As on article says: Not all women have vaginas, not all men have penises, and not all vaginas are pink.

4. teaforall says:

I don’t care what they wear. They are just showing the American People how disrespectful they are to the Presidency. The House chamber is a symbol of our Democracy . Not for congressman and women to behave like Snowflakes. President Trump will have the MIC and attention of everyone watching. This SOTU will be Historical . President Trump will reign

5. Right to reply says:

He should hold a rally in a football stadium instead.

6. Leftnomore says:

Insert “shrug” keyboard face here.

7. kneejerkreactionary says:

I don’t think the President will go into the lion’s den with no preparation. Need I remind you of the story of Daniel? Or Sampson?

8. kneejerkreactionary says:

9. Genie says:

“Will you walk into my parlour, said a Spider to a Fly.”

10. Guessed says:

So the Female Dog caught The Big Brown Truck.

Now, what?

Nancy’s predicament on display.

11. oldersoul says:

“It’s the smart move. Tessio was always smarter.”

12. Total exoneration, complete vindication come November 2020. Keep America Great!

13. Kent says:

….impeach pelosi…..

14. Rynn69 says:

For any Democrat (if there are still any ignorant enough to stay Democrat or vote for their own self-destruction and their country’s destruction), here is something you need to understand:

Nothing . . . NOTHING . . . your evil plotting and scheming puts forth will turn people from the President. The President represents America. You all represent everything against America. Unfortunately, your bald-faced lies, gaslighting, and fraud cloaked in identity politics and compassion has fooled some low IQ people. But it is simple. America wins.

Peace out.

15. Kerry_On says:

While I almost always defer to Sundance’s comprehensive knowledge of such matters, I tended to agree that she probably planned to withhold the SOU invitation, citing his “Impeached” status. I suspect that it may NOT have been polling data that convinced her otherwise but rather the legal opinions being published everywhere (including the holy NYT) that her refusal to forward the Articles of Impeachment rendered her claim of having already “impeached” the President, totally meaningless thereby cutting the legs out from under any excuse for NOT inviting him.

16. jeans2nd says:

Much can happen between now and 4 Feb 2020.
    Will wait to update my calendar, tyvm

17. Lactantius says:

“Madam Speaker: As stated by the poet Omar Khayyam –

‘The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.’

I stand here before you, impeached by this house divided. Behind my back hangs the great flag of our Republic. Behind my right shoulder sits the honorable Vice-President of the United States of America. Behind my left shoulder sits the leader of the impeachment coup.

With your leave, I prefer to deliver the State of the Union Address from the well of the House as an impeached citizen of the Republic facing his flag while standing before his Accuser in Chief and with the Vice President of the United States at my side. Let the focus of this moment be where it belongs: on your face and the faces of your co-conspirators.

(He picks up his gear and he and Pence climb down to the well of the House.)

18. MD says:

I know this may not be the popular opinion, but this would be the perfect time for Trump to take the moral high ground and take some more votes away from the Dems. Give a speech with the theme of peace and unity and capture people’s hearts. They will go insane bashing him and look like fools.

19. askandgettruth says:

if i were trump i would write her back and tell her he doesn’t want to be in the same bldg. with a bunch of treasonous pigs that will stink up the halls of justice

20. shipley130 says:

In the spirit of respecting our Constitution. Hee haw Hee haw.