Jeff Van Drew is a democrat congressman from New Jersey CD-02.  According to multiple media reports he is likely to switch to the republican party next week due to the fraudulent impeachment effort.  Van Drew was one of two democrats who did not support the vote for the impeachment inquiry.

According to Politico Democrat leadership are in a panic and urgently trying to get ahold of Van Drew.  The optics of a democrat changing parties at the same time they are trying to sell the validity of an impeachment narrative are terrible.

[…] Van Drew’s congressional and campaign staff were informed he was planning to switch parties on Saturday, according to Democratic sources. The question was now when, not if, Van Drew was joining the Republican Party, according to several Democrats with knowledge of the ongoing conversations.

As of Saturday afternoon, it was still unclear if Van Drew would make the announcement before the House votes on impeachment, which is expected Wednesday.

“It was supposed to be bipartisan, it was supposed to be incontrovertible. It was supposed to be something that was always on the rarest of circumstances,” Van Drew told reporters about impeachment earlier this week. “Well it’s not bipartisan.” (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, media bias, Nancy Pelosi, Notorious Liars, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

421 Responses to New Jersey Democrat Congressman, Jeff Van Drew, Will Switch Parties Over Impeachment Fraud…

1. freepetta says:

When I see it I’ll believe it. NJ is like an extension of NY. A lib creepazoid state.

2. sundance says:

• Mo says:

Tell him to piss off. Why trust this guy if he did niot know what the socialist democrat party was when he joined he’s too stupid to allow info on DJT’s Republican party

• Linda K. says:

No way I’m telling him that. Hop on board the Trump train Mr. Van Drew and hold on tight!

• sunnydaze says:

Agree. We can clean out the RINOs *after* the Dem Party is destroyed.

Welcome Aboard, Mr. Drew! Vote w/ Trump and you’ll be fine!

• Judith says:

We’ll gain more traction turning Dem politicians in Trump districts than we will battling do-nothing RINOS IMHO. My RINO will soon retire, bless his little heart. Good riddance, you worthless poser!

• Annie Ok says:

Welcome the man into the Grand Old Party! There must be a number of Democrats who feel this way, the radical, leftist, loony Dems have left them behind and now, finally, they have an excuse to jump ship. Van Drew must know that his constituents will be okay with this, and you know he must have been confiding in his aides for a while. And give him credit for having the courage to be the FIRST. Others will follow! This is GREAT news.
          Virginia’s very own Virgil Goode, a former Democrat, jumped ship in the late 90s when he voted FOR the impeachment of Bill Clinton. Initially, he became an Independent, then went over to the Republicans. His constituents went with him. Virgil had always been a conservative Democrat anyway; he was solely responsible for Virginia’s 1995 Right to Carry law back when he was in the Virginia legislature. Wish he would go back into politics.

• Paprika says:

Agree! And may there be many more that follow his lead!

Now there’s a fun question–What would happen in the house in terms of majority rule and voting for Speaker if enough democrats switched parties even before the election that democrats no longer had the majority?

Would Nancy still be able to control what and when something was brought up for vote including voting for a new Speaker of the House or a vote of no confidence? Who would be in control–the ‘majority leader’ or the Speaker?

No, I’m not thinking this is a possibility, just curious.

• YeahYouRight says:

It’s a big tent, lots of WINNING! Welcome aboard!

And let’s face it, the leftists lied to get elected. He was probably a more old school dem. Party was hijacked.

• Truthfilter says:

No. The switch speaks volumes for the direction and mindset of his constituents and likely the majority of Americans. Enjoy it. It’s a giant middle finger to Democrats and a sign of things to come.

• SoCal Patriot says:

Let me see if I get this right…it is good enough for Trump, but not for us? Good grief.

• Tl Howard says:

I’ll take what I can get at this moment. Maybe he had a real epiphany as I had years ago.

Maybe he realizes more the half the House is Antifa.

• boogywstew says:

RINOs are still better than Demonrats.

• Revelation says:

We should always welcome the sinners who repent.

• Mo says:

I’d rather this weasel stay a democrat a vote no tahn be allowed to change his party and vote no. His no vote is in the bank already why let him join the party?

• Rita says:

Why is he a weasel just because he’s maybe seen the light? Lots of every day democrats are walking away also. That takes guts as there will always be criticism.

• Mo says:

The guy’s record is public. He has voted YES on the President’s positions in only 7% of the votes he has taken. His no vote for impeachment is in the bank already. No reason to welcome this guy in with open arms. He told you he was a snake before you let him in. This guy can not be trusted with the Republican Party’s strategy. At best he put his finger in the air and he does not want to lose his seat. Maybe he’s an idiot or a crook. He is likely both ignorant and crooked.

• jrapdx says:

AFAIK he’s “allowed” to change party affiliation at will, just as anyone else in America. He can “join the party” any time. And why not? Will it make any difference to the outcome? I sincerely doubt it. More likely than not all Congressmen have already made up their minds and will vote accordingly.

• Sherri Young says:

He’ll get to caucus with the Republicans. That’s one change. It would be ridiculously difficult for anyone to vote against impeachment in this atmosphere and continue to caucus with the Dimms.

• jrapdx says:

Very good point. Will be interesting to see what happens as likely enough there are “vulnerable” Democrats who’ll vote against impeachment. Will they be forced out of the Democrat party?

That seems quite possible given the low tolerance of Democrats for disagreement with their agenda. From my jaundiced view there’s not a single good reason to be a Democrat these days.

• Greg1 says:

Remember………the great Ronald Reagan was once a democrat. As was a man named Donald Trump…..

He’s publicly gone against his democrat party. That is a level of courage rarely seen nowadays. I don’t know how conservative he is, and that concerns me. But clearly, he’s far more conservative than his current party. Perhaps he’s willing to listen to the voice of reason on other issues, too.

• Linda K. says:

Mo, are you a dem and mad at him or what?

• mo…..boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth..jeezum…give the sour grapes a break.

• mopar2016 says:

Rep.Van Drew doesn’t have to be clairvoyant to see the writing on the wall.
        He’s got PDJT constituents in his district, and the dem front runner is sounding goofier every day. I hope others will follow his example.

• CountryDoc says:

This is the way the Republic works. We are all free and independent. We learn together. We pledge allegiance to the Republic. As long as we are effective in the methods we use to better ourselves our country grows. But know this: Our constitution is sacred, bought and built with prayer, discourse, and blood. Obey our laws, respect our process, or get out.

Welcome aboard Mr. Drew. If you continue to think and act smart you will reap the blessings. Your district may or may not elect you, rightly or wrongly. But you are a free man and blessed to be in this country — be grateful.

• Sammy Hains says:

Let’s hope he waits until AFTER the vote to switch parties.
      Yet another Republican voting against impeachment doesn’t help.

He can give a dramatic speech on the House Floor immediately after the vote to denounce the Democrats and become a Republican.

• Annie Ok says:

You have a good point there.

• mr.piddles says:

Mm. On the other hand… a press conference an hour or two before a vote could present a bit of a Sticky Wicket for Nancy.

“I urge ALL of my fair-minded, principled Democrat colleagues to likewise REJECT this POLITICAL SHAM being perpetrated by Democrat Party leadership!!!” etc. etc.

• Sammy Hains says:

Hmmm…. so you’re saying you’d like to trade the Historical Record of a bi-partisan vote against impeachment for a press conference that won’t even be reported or shown in the media in hopes of hurting Nancy Pelosi’s feelings for couple minutes?

• bertdilbert says:

All Trump has to do is promise a rally and funding from the huge RNC coffers and he could take back the house before the election! That would be a hoot!

• “Impeachment is an elitist wet dream to turn the clock back to 2016” – Peggy Noonan

• ELEPHANT-in-ROOM QUESTION:

What REVELATIONS will Van Drew make to EARN Republican support?
      • Demo☭rat Co-Conspiracy with CIA in Coup?
      • Demo☭rat Back-Room discussion that they have NO grounds to Impeach?
      • Demo☭rat SCAMpeachment to be Cover-up of Foreign-Aid Kickbacks?
      • Demo☭rat Voter Fraud with Election Machines, Motor Voter, Anti-ID Laws?
      • Demo☭rat Political Racketeering with Unions?

3. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Heard that Conor Lamb, the near-Pittsburgh fraud Dem who won the special election last year (I think it was last year) who is going to vote for impeachment, is down double digits to a generic Republican opponent.

Sure hope that is true (haven’t confirmed it myself). And now he’s got a real challenger, as well. Sean Parnell.

Time to make the Dems pay for this impeachment farce.

• thedoc00 says:

Yes, it would be nice if Lamb pays for his lies during the special election, which I watched while caring for my parents in Beaver County, PA. Then again, I have not paid much attention to this race since the RNC put a total dud into the race against him during the special election. So we’ll see what happens this time around if a gerrymander is not attempted again by PA Governor.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Let’s hope we can get him out of there, doc. I also have not paid attention to the race. That’s why I was surprised by the claim that he’s supposedly down double digits to a generic republican.

• Jd says:

I live in Allegheny County PA. He is a fraud who campaigned on working across the isle. The fact that he says the evidence presented by the democrats strongly supports impeachment should tell you all you need to know about this guy. I hope he loses his re-election bigly.

• boogywstew says:

That’s one Lamb I’d like to see lie down on Broadway ….

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

ha!

• CorwinAmber says:

and what exactly was the genesis of that comment? Oh, never mind…from your lips to the Angel “Gabriel’s” ears, so to speak…the sour has certainly turned sweet for Lamb, let’s get him out by Friday

• Robert Smith says:

Did you ever opine on the FISA IG report?

• CorwinAmber says:

yes and no…it’s a big read and my life revolves around other things (my old man is 100 and this will probably be his last Christmas with us, so I have some family duties to attend to, sigh, but I digress). In short, I think the IG did their duty and reported the facts as they found them. I’m not crazy about the analysis piece (having written more than a few myself), but I’m a glass half full guy so I’m thinking (hoping…actually, praying) that Horowitz has tried to thread the needle, so to speak, and allowed us to see what happened without appearing to be a Trump fan so that the facts will carry more weight in the public arena. And, even more hopefully, he knows that Barr and Durham are on the case and his narrative will provide them the road map they need to bring the miscreants to justice…but I could be completely wrong.

Again, for the most part, IGs inspect processes and don’t investigate individuals beyond certain ethical issues such as violations of the UCMJ or other codes of conduct, for example. Once we suspect criminal behavior, we immediately turn it over to CID for further action. To some degree, our job was to show how something could happen because there were weak points in a program or process that could be exploited. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me “that can never happen” and then I showed them how how it could, I would have retired a rich man. That being said, I believe the IG has shown how the FISA program could be abused and it’s up to Durham to prove that it has been and by whom.

My two cents for what it’s worth…hope it helps. Otherwise, Merry Christmas everyone in the Treehouse!

• scrap1ron says:

Yeah, in front of a bus.

• owtolunch says:

Didn’t Lamb get funding from Ryan?

4. Tiffthis says:

Oh my. Nancy would have the WORST Christmas if that actually happened 🤣🤣

• Pale rider says:

Nancy hangs by the tiniest thread, in mind and deed.
      I want all our money back from these traitors, seven fold because they stole it. And I want it back from the thieves account not our government. Hey, Trump is a miracle in my eyes, why stop there. Imagine Soros bankrupt?

• CountryDoc says:

Can we put Soros on the Terrorist list? I think a good case can be made. He is certainly an enemy of the constitution, promoting lawlessness, aiding and abetting criminals, promoting and funding invasion, interfering with elections. He has done more damage to the United States than WWII Germany.

• dwpender says:

I hope Nancy — professionally — has an even worse Chistmas next year, with the Democrats having lost about 58 seats. That would give us 250, exceeding even our 9 decade record 2014 total.

5. StanH says:

Hopefully it will create a torrent. Doubtful!

6. teaforall says:

I live in NJ district 1 total Dem and no republican is running.. I hope more Dems switch parties

• The Devilbat says:

Move down here to Florida. No state income tax, no annual vehicle inspections, good firearm and self protection laws and none of that horrible snow that you get in Jersey.

• Magabear says:

Your one NJ resident I will gladly take in PA. Just send back the other NJ libs that gather here like Canadian geese. 😉

• NC Nana says:

Magabear, Gasp! Gasp! I didn’t know that God made such a dirty bird until we moved to NC. Anywhere Canadian geese flock, you are talking about making a filthy mess where they live!

Canadian geese is indeed an apt description of liberals. This comment is too funny!

• Magabear says:

Pheasant apparently do not like geese either. We used to have alot of pheasant here in Bucks County, PA, but since the invasion of Canadian geese, you hardly ever see any pheasant now.

• Annie Ok says:

Yeah, so far. That’s what we thought here in Virginia, and now look at us. No, Florida is too evenly divided for me, it could flip any time. Wyoming is the place to go — or West Virginia. Wyoming has the highest percentage of Trump voters of any state; West Virginia came in second. Two of the safest red states to be in Have to say, though, that I am swelling with pride over the 91 Second Amendment Sanctuaries that have been voted on over the last few weeks. Most are counties, just a few townships. And there are only 95 counties in the state! Do the math. Poor little black-face Gov. Northam, he doesn’t know what to do!

• Rosemaryflower says:

I am in Northern Virginia…. Loudoun County has changed. I hope it changes back. I can’t believe what has happened to our sweet conservative county 35 miles west of the swamp.

• TwoLaine says:

Is WV where the Governor already defected to the R party? A big TRUMP supporter?

• Sherri Young says:

Plus you would get one of the finest young governors in the country.

7. I hope he switches just to poke a finger in Pelosi’s eye.

8. FreedomWon says:

I’ve never commented before however, I live in NJ and this would be a Christmas miracle! 🙏🏼

9. geoffcsaltine says:

Well that is good news.
    Just like a lot of dem voters switching to P.Trump if this keeps up 2020 will be a landslide.
    And P.Trump will have a Republican house and Senate, and 200 plus more judges to put on benches all across the country.

10. Akindole says:

That’s gonna leave a mark.

My crystal ball shows Soros payola en route.

11. Joe Collins says:

The optics are good for President Trump. More winning.

12. JohnCasper says:

Well, here’s anther fine mess you gotten us into, Nancy!

ht: Laurel and Hardy

13. ALL ABOARD!! the Trump Train!

14. Magabear says:

You know, at first I wasn’t sure if Van Drew was just saying things to save his seat or if he was being sincere, but it’s clearly the later. Good for him. 👍

Piglosi may just lose control over this shampeachment and lose the floor vote, if it gets to a floor vote. One or two more party switches and the fork may get put on shampeachment.

15. Robert Smith says:

Walkaway?

16. kleen says:

The left will unleash their anarchists on him. They don’t go down without violence or chaos. They just don’t.
    They lose something, they unleash violence. They don’t like something they harass, persecute, destroy.
    They are vicious and violent. It’s what they do and NOT ONE Democrat denounces any of it. Pravda media not only doesn’t follow Democrats around to ask if they will denounce the violence but Pravda endorses violence against the right and promote it(see antifa, BLM)

If someone on the right does or even just say something stupid…. oh dear… Trump has to go around for years denouncing that one act, and even after he denounces they say he embraces it because it was someone on the right so it is his responsibility.

This guy needs to watch out. They will go after him and not one of his former colleagues will care if he becomes a victim of antifa.

• Somebody's Gramma says:

We CAN’T bow to threats of violence and terror. I pray that the President/DOJ/Homeland Security put Antifa on the Terrorist list. They are going to have to. Meanwhile, exercise your 2nd Amendment right.

• Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

I was going to say the same.
      He’s welcome to come aboard. Keep your nose clean and watch your back. Your current “friends” aren’t friendly. They’re not looking for you to wish you the best.

• Sherri Young says:

Gordon Sondland testified at one of Schiff’s inquisitions last month. He said that he only assumed that Trump wanted a quid pro quo despite being instructed otherwise by PDJT. Within a day or so, three women claimed he had been sexually inappropriate with them before being given his diplomatic position.

I would be shocked if this guy doesn’t get his name dragged through the mud and his house picketed.

17. kleen says:

Welcome to sanity Mr, Van Drew!

• Cisco says:

Fine catch sunnydaze👍.
      Had me tapping my feet and how fortunate we are to have President Trump at the helm.
      When you watch the video look for Trump’s eyes to wander over to Melania.
      She’ll be wearing a kinda off the shoulder dress.
      Don, you old ‘dawg you ☺
      🇺🇸MMXX🇺🇸

• TreeClimber says:

The sound has been removed – other YouTube videos are playing, so it’s not my system or YouTube.

18. mr.piddles says:

Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ) says: “Do I look ‘solemn’?!? Do I look ‘prayerful’?!? I’M PISSED, AND SO ARE MY CONSTITUENTS!!!”

Good for him for not buying into the useless Anti-U.S. D.C. Political Pig Trough. Perhaps he thinks he should… you know… represent the folks that elected him. Or something along those lines.

19. kleen says:

Anybody who cares about their families and reputation should switch. This is not just a little thing that people will forget. this will go down in History books.

Generations to come will study this.

I would be embarrassed to have a family member associated with this scam. FOREVER…

20. sunnydaze says:

First one off the Titanic. LOL.

Jump!

21. I said this a few weeks ago. If the Democrat congressmen in the districts Trump won have any sense of self preservation, their best hope for reelection is to state the Democrat Party has left them, walkaway, and join the Republicans.

The ultimate FU would be if enough left and Nancy is forced to vacate the chair and a Republican speaker is seated. Unlikely, but it makes me warm and fuzzy fantasizing about it.

• mr.piddles says:

“join the Republicans”

Don’t even have to. Just declare as Independent and caucus with the Republicans, as necessary. The Democrat Party is on its way out at this rate. Why stick around to see how it plays out?

• mortgagesforthemasses says:

The Democrats will go crazy and come after them with money and media attacks in 2020 if they walkaway. They may have a better chance at re-elction as Republican in many of the districts. An independent would have a hard time.

22. The Boss says:

One down, thirty to go.
    Hope they’re all as easy.

23. Matt Hay says:

Oh the tales he likely has to tell….

24. Merle Marks says:

Mr. Van Drew…watch your back…we’d hate for you to get suicided…

25. thedoc00 says:

I hope the FEC is paying close attention all the way through November 2020. The DNC has promised the “31” Democrats re-election if they vote to impeach. You have to know the DNC is already harvesting votes, counting “found” votes, counting illegal votes and making the rounds of the Civil War cemeteries in rural PA towns. [I have allot of relatives in North Central PA and one would be amazed at the number of Civil War veterans and causalities buried in those towns.]

26. Bob Lynch says:

Rush Limbaugh yesterday stated that the only thing that could save these vulnerable Democrats is to support Trump. Seems Mr. Van Drew aggrees.

• mr.piddles says:

Indeed, he did. Good call. Seems like it would be an extreme strategy… then again, have you seen what the Democrat Party has been cookin’ up lately? Maybe not such a crazy idea.

27. mylabs5 says:

LOL…man does that guy want to keep his seat.

28. Preppin247 says:

Typical politician he’s hasn’t had an epiphany ..he’s got his finger in the air and there’s a gale force wind building against piglosi and her ilk…or maybe I’m just too cynical..

29. Preppin247 says:

Typical politician he’s hasn’t had an epiphany ..he’s got his finger in the air and there’s a gale force wind building against piglosi and her ilk…or maybe I’m just too cynical….

30. It is possible that he is a man with principles.

31. joeknuckles says:

Any Democrat congressperson who does not switch parties is tacitly approving the fraud that they know is being perpetrated on the American people.

32. KMD says:

To those who seek to smite this man, out of skepticism…

Please note: it only takes ONE person courageous enough to stand up and lead the exodus from the literal insanity of the Dem party, for others to follow! Humans are not, by nature, all trail breakers. Rather, most seek approval & the self affirmation that comes with being a member of a group. Even to the point that their sense of right & wrong is altered…

However, now that this trail been broken before them, pray that other Reps shake free the burden of party line group think, stand up for what is right & just, and allow themselves to be counted…

Way to go, sir!

• jrapdx says:

While I totally agree with the sentiment you’re expressing, I think it’s unlikely we’ll see a torrent of Representatives switching parties. Too much “cognitive dissonance” for them to digest it, even those in majority Republicans districts. However Drew’s switch might encourage those on the fence over impeachment to come down on the “no” side.

Anyway, it’s possible more will switch to Republican prior to the election. That could be a good thing in its own right.

• BitterC says:

Just wait til Antifa gather round his house. They will make sure no one follows Van Drew’s footsteps.

He will get screamed out of restaurants, dept stores and gasoline stations

• jrapdx says:

They might try to intimidate, but I have a hunch Rep. Drew is well aware of the hazards. Besides, I’ve known some folks from NJ, not the sort of people who’ve taken kindly to threats, if you get what I mean.

33. Paprika says:

The momentum is building so this might be a good time to ask the ‘leadership’ of the RNC and Republican State and local chairmen—

Are you gathering good MAGA(or any) candidates for all national and state offices?

Exactly Where, Who, and What are you spending the record amount of contributions that PT is drawing in to the Republican Party?

Give us a detailed plan of what your ground game is and how you are covering all districts in all the states?

How much is going back to local and state ground support?

Do you actually hear the voices and desires of the groundswell of MAGA patriots? And what are you doing about it?

Give us something besides bragging about record campaign contributions and continually asking us for more.

Rant over.

34. Nigella says:

No thanks.We don’t need anymore RINOS

35. thomaspsyche says:

We just might get over 1/2 of the 31 vulnerable Dims. If they vote against impeachment welcome them in!

36. thomaspsyche says:

37. thomaspsyche says:

38. thomaspsyche says:

39. MD says:

Look at it this way, there’s not even an election yet and we already picked up a seat from the Dems. The optics of this are horrible for them. Nancy, Adam and Jerry are really pissed off about now.

40. The American Patriot says:

More may be coming, especially if their political careers are at stake.

41. Jersey814 says:

I live in South Central Jersey.
    Its like your in a different state.
    Definately MAGA country.

42. Jason Ross says:

This guy was part of the ‘Blue Wave’ of 2018 which took over a GOP district. Just more evidence that what happened in 2018 was, at best, a trickle.

43. yojack454 says:

New York and Philadelphia have bee beaming their TV and radio into Jersey for a long time, plenty of boobs have been raised on their programing.

44. Ausonius says:

Converts sometimes become the strongest members of a faith: welcome to the New TRUMP Republican Party!

• CountryDoc says:

Ben Carson and Candace Owens come to mind. The are hungry to learn, have their eyes opened and grow, and often have a clearer perspective than lifelong conservatives.

45. ALEX says:

Excellent. The midterms brought out historic numbers for the democrats, but either way the opposition always does well. I had our loses as the average of Clinton/Obama at 50, so I’m glad I was wrong.

This is a real dagger into these House democrats, no matter what the spin. As mentioned, this is a district a reasonable democrat could do well all things considered and the republican who retired was 13 terms.

MAGA

46. Arrest Soros says:

The most important person is not the first one, it’s the second one.
    Movements don’t start when one person stands. Unless a second stands, that first one is seen as a loon or outlier.
    It is imperative that a second person defect and quickly. Then a momentum may happen.

47. Merkin Muffley says:

Nancy is starting to run out of Democrats.