Jeff Sessions To Run for His Former Senate Seat…

Oh boy, have the wounds healed?  According to multiple media reports former Attorney General Jeff Sessions is poised to run for his longtime Senate seat in Alabama. He would be challenging Senator Doug Jones who is considered the most vulnerable Democrat in the Senate.

Mr. Sessions was generally disappointing during his tenure as AG; driven primarily by his recusal from all issues around the 2016 campaign, including the Mueller investigation. President Trump requested his resignation the day after the mid-terms, and President Trump stated giving Jeff Sessions the AG job was the biggest mistake of his presidency.

On the upside, Sessions was a good Senator and dependably strong on immigration and border security. I wonder how the people of Alabama feel about him? Ultimately it’s a decision for Alabama voters.  That’s who matters.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

437 Responses to Jeff Sessions To Run for His Former Senate Seat…

1. All this will serve to do is split the GOP vote among Sessions, Tuberville and Moore and put Fancy Dancy Doug Jones in his second term.

• California Joe says:

No! All three of those Republicans aren’t running against Jones at the same time.

• fhb says:

they did a coup against President Nixon no doubt about now…..the current batch of wicked had to have receive training somehow. Someone get at John Solomon Ms. Herridge and ask to do book on Nixon after the current bunch is jailed. Thanks

• YY4U says:

I have believed Watergate was a coup since it happened. There’s a book “Silent Coup” about it though I think the author got the initiators wrong (he said it was Haig).

Nixon was the ONE Representative who believed Whitaker Chambers when he said the gov. was full of Reds. BECAUSE of Nixon, Alger Hill was nailed (for perjury) and A LOT of gov. employees who were Reds lost their jobs. I don’t think Bernstein’s parents worked for the gov., but I know they were Reds and lost their jobs — teachers? Carl Bernstein had it in for Nixon. He should never have been near Watergate.

Watergate worked for the Democrat-media coalition, so they have tried it ever since to get rid of a Republican President (Iran-Contra Special Counsel — Reagan, Valerie Plame Special Council – W Bush, Mueller Special Council — Trump. And now this).

Nixon never lied under oath. Both Clintons did. Nixon never sicced the IRS on political enemies — Clinton AND Obama did. Nixon never suborned perjury (Clinton did). Nixon never had raw FBI files in the WH (Clinton did). Nixon never fired government employees so pals could have the job (Travelgate)

• Helen Ge says:

Completely agreed. President Trump has been teaching the Republicans on how to fight and how to win with those anti-american democrats.

• Attorney says:

You make your point very well.

• cdquarles says:

Yep. Relatively new book out now by a guy who was there, at the time, named Geoff Shepard. Book’s name is The Real Watergate Scandal, if I am remembering correctly.

And don’t forget, the Hildebeast was also there and was involved (not sure how much) in an attempt to deprive President Nixon of his Constitutional rights. We are seeing that again, in my opinion, right now; almost down to the timing (Nixon’s was a bit faster after his re-election).

• Moe Grimm says:

SUNDANCE makes the triad along with Solomon and Herridge. Each represents the epitome of what Pulitzer worthy investigative journalism once was albeit even then tainted as Levin irrefutably documents in ‘Unfreedom of the Press.” Note the categories here: https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-categories. I can slot each into fully nine (9) categories.

Imagine Sundance afforded the national reach of a Fox cable despite its rapid decline exception Carlson, Dobbs, Bartiromo, Hilton – or Newsmax as cbsnbcabcmsnbccnn are for cause closed. I’ve heard Lou Dobbs cite Sundance more than once even Sean “fbi rank-n-file” Hannity on one occasion though Hannity’s “Major Breaking News” is consistently as much as 2 even 3 mos. behind Sundance’s outstanding research here – much of it often missed completely by Hannity. Current Pulitzer recipients are incestuously rewarded for truly nothing more than incessant litanies of Lies and wild fact bankrupt cultural marxist prop that would never survive liable and slander suits in the civil arena, e.g., Bezos Blog aka WAPO and the NYT the most widely known. https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/staffs-new-york-times-and-washington-post.

Though both Bezos Blog and the NYT are united by cultural marxist agenda it is no secret the NYT seeks a predominant cadre of angry, hateful, profoundly miseducated Jewish wimyn… many via Columbia and NYU less even a passing interest in Facts and desire to report them, national events, understanding of prescient international events both current and evolving, and established per sect complete absence of trad American values, let alone an iota of naturally discerned maternal instincts. The indoctrinated second wave continuum of Frankfurt School disciples whose founders were of the same tribe. This is not unfounded “bias” nor is it speculation. This is fact.

• Moe Grimm says:

Think it matters to Mr. Magoo? When I got home this a.m. I heard Bit Beir, speaking outside of his lightly regarded 1800-1900 EST slot, state the following regarding Sessions intent to rejoin the equally useless Richard Shelby if as stated above he doesn’t assist a split driving another seat ‘rat. What Bit stated spun me around to face the teevee as it rolled off his pious Georgetown Cucktail Circuit lickin’ lips…. despite who bit really is – let his statement sink in though I’m sure it was completely lost on the normies:

“In spite of all the grief TRUMP GAVE HIM (Sessions) he still has a following in Alabama”.

2. King Arthur says:

Some of you are either crazy or have some sort of battered conservative syndrome. The President Does Not Support Him. Hmmmm, wonder why? This Is Not Complicated! Think about what this man has caused. 2 years of Russia nonsense….Sail your own ship from hence forth, but I can’t stand the little elf.

• James says:

Picture this. Tomorrow morning you wake up and even before you can turn the light on you are picked up and put on one of the mechanical bulls from Giley’s. Do you remember early on what great buddies Session’s and Schumer were? But like the next day Sessions went from good guy to being a white supremacist and straight up Klan member. Who knew?

That said, he made monumental mistakes that have helped wreak havoc. Simply, he just wasn’t mean enough. Although, what has Barr done this far – just sayin’. Yes, Sessions is a fine gentleman as had been said a million times who plays by the rules, but the other side ain’t got no rules,

However, he is light years better than POS Romney and even worse POS Doug Jones.

• dilonsfo says:

Sorry…but Rommey and Jones are cut from the same stool.

• covfefe999 says:

Romney does serve one purpose, and only one: he helps to retain the GOP majority in the Senate.

• MR52 says:

yes, that gives the GOP and advantage on committee which is key, but on the same note, his vote has been more destructive on policy. Look, Trump has not made my life any better. I have taken a huge hit in from the Obama care mess that will effect 30 years of working savings, but Trump has not done anything to really help me get out of the hole. The house not approving the budget is having a huge impact on me, so anything to keep democrats out is a plus for me. Session will do that. I don’t care what is good for Trump. What I care for is what is good for me. Do you really think things would have ended if some how Sessions could have squashed this? I doubt it and I don’t think he could have. If fact, I think it would have made things worst.

Trump has made horrible picks for his cabinet. Trump kissed the GOP rats a$$ by allowing so many traitors in his administration. I put a lot of blame of him. He should have just canned Session if he did not like him recusing.

Session is a distraction and you all are falling for it. So what if he wins. Trump could have put an end to this a long time ago by declassifying everything. He loves the reality of it all. Trump has the power to end this nightmare and we are being strung out.

• covfefe999 says:

I understand how you feel about Trump’s picks. I agree he made some very poor decisions. But in his defense, he had zero help from his party. The Republicans were against him just like the Democrats were. He had to do all of the choosing himself. Imagine doing that after finding out that you had been spied on, Who could be trust? He’s replaced many of the losers with some really great people and everything is much smoother now. He needs the House majority (and Senate too) to make progress. For our own benefit we need to make sure we re-elect Trump and give him those majorities. We also have to work to get rid of the RINOs during the primaries. It’s going to take decades to fix. If we are diligent, things will get better.

As for declassifying everything, he should not do that yet. That’s a nuclear option. He needs to hang on to those documents until it’s the only thing he has left.

• MR52 says:

I think he has handled it poorly, period. Might be his inexperience, who knows. After 3 years, he should have had it handled.

Expecting Barr or someone else to solve this problem is a risky take. I do not have high expectations right now. JW seems to be one of the saving graces in this mess. If one things happens to anyone involved in this mess, it could be the match to the power keg. I hate being on this thin ice. John Kelly is so deep in this. People should hang for what they are doing, but instead they get a book deal. It is messed up.

• oldfiredude says:

Why? The Democrats have gone nuclear with Impeachment. There is no reason to keep any powder dry now. Just declassify everything! HRC, Bengazi, Weiners Laptop, Crossfire Hurricane, FISA abuse, EVERYTHING!

• Chilidog says:

Trump did order declassification. The deep state said no, and Trump walked it back. Trump is not all powerful and the swamp will not allow itself to be drained.

• too bad he doesn’t support and vote with the GOP…………………..

• Pale rider says:

‘Sample’ stool sample!

• Nobodysfool says:

Sessions should have never left his Senate seat but he did because The Swamp called and said he had a job to do—save HRC’s miserable backside and work to undermine and ultimately unseat DJT, all the while seeming to be the kindly Southern gent whose worst crime was sipping sweet tea on the porch when he should have been raking leaves.

America, at this point, the issue with Sessions is a lot bigger than the fact he spit in our President’s face over and over. He did it to us and our rule of law. The rule of law in America will be the same because it will never be applied to political elites. He presided over crooks getting away with Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Wasserman-Schultz’s corruption and illegal dissemination of intelligence with her middle eastern geek squad. Lois Lerner, Susan Rice lying over and over, Obama interfering in Israel’s election, etc, etc. He couldn’t go back and litigate everything but he had access to so much info, he knew what they were capable of and what he could litigate, he tucked tail on. He balked at requests for info on Russiagate, he refused to weed out the seditionists and expose the liars and evil doers. Sessions politely bowed to HRC and stepped aside so she would never face the same level of justice as any other American.

If Jeffery Beauregard Sessions pulls this off he better figure out what book he’ll put his hand on for his swearing in because last time, he put his hand on the Bible, swearing to protect and defend these United States, so help him God. Well, God blessed him with a historical opportunity to right some wrongs, to enforce the law and apply justice equally no matter a person’s last name or station in life. American conservatives put full confidence in him because we believed he was Divinely called and chosen to serve God and Country. Well, we know how faithful he was to that oath as Attorney General.

Pardon us, Mr. Sessions when you don’t see the same enthusiasm and support for the new job you want. Many of us recuse ourselves from supporting you–surely you understand.

Donald Trump made Jeff Sessions a superstar. Jeff Sessions squandered and betrayed the love and support America extended to him. His conscience calls him to go after a do-over. Only Alabama can determine if he’s deserving of it.

• RJ says:

Poor Jess Sessions was not blessed with a “warrior’s spirit” which we discovered as did the President when he was gifted the top job at our DOJ. In his own way he “fell on his sword” via recusal, rather than leading his men and women into battle fighting for “Justice and the American way” till death do them part!

Jeff discovered that we discovered he was nothing near a “Superman” when the job demanded such a person be appointed.

These are the times…

• The Demon Slick says:

Don’t we have suspicious phone calls between Mueller and Sessions just before Rosenstein appointed him? I seem to remember seeing that in the hearing when Mueller was acting dumb.

• ezpz2 says:

I think it’s more ego than conscience.

• old white guy says:

KA, I can’t post a like without giving info that really is not needed. I am in agreement.

• lydia00 says:

And we wonder why Republicans never change anything! Sheesh! all this tells me is that the little elf has a bigger ego than I thought.

• NJ Transplant says:

Jeff Sessions has been telling other Senators to stick up for the President. The Luke Roziak book about the Awan brothers gave a pretty clear picture of what was going on with Jeff Sessions. Even his long time aides acted against him. He was alone at DOJ and he just wasn’t strong enough for the onslaught. They were also spying on him and he was scared. I would be glad to see him in the Senate again. He did a lot on immigration as AG.

• Ivehadit says:

Bingo, King A.

3. Chelle says:

That’s a hard NOPE from me. I like Bradly Byrne, or even Tuberville to blow things up on Mitch.

• TPW says:

Let me tell you about Byrne…..defended NAFTA …For TPP ….supported Mueller Investigation….I know this because I live in his district… argued with him about each issue until he stopped answering my emails….he is a phony GOPe. I will not support Sessions either. The Man is Stupid …If he did not see what was going on he is stupid. Then sat back and said nothing. Just the fact that he has no shame and is running speaks loudly to me. I will vote Tommy but Sessions will split the vote… no telling what will happen. I am very suspicious of Sessions motive for running.

• dilonsfo says:

I don’t live in Alabama so my opinion is just for the record…I could not vote for Jeff Sessions after seeing him as attorney general. I believe he is mentally unstable.

• covfefe999 says:

Or maybe he’s just too nice and wasn’t prepared to deal with the anti-Trump onslaught. Trump actually made the fatal mistake himself choosing a guy who had campaigned for him.

• RJ says:

Trump did make that mistake, you are right. Note how Trump learns from his mistakes, as every winning business person does.

And that, being a business person, is what really irks the politicians in Washington, DC.

Politicians want and plead for business money to run their campaigns, but loathe such people when in government due to the money business people make…too much profit according to these politicians.

Except we learn that when Congress person makes 140k a year, comes into office with a net worth of say 1 million, then leaves after 8 or so years of “public service” a multimillionaire…

We must ask: How did they achieve such wealth? We already know that answer, don’t we?

• MR52 says:

Trump learns from his mistakes, give me a break. Everyday we find out a new mistake. I don’t know how many 5 D chess things I heard here. Stupid Q stuff. Face it. Trump could have canned Comey from the start. He cabinet was full of traitors. He could have declassified. He could have canned Session quickly. His kids involved in his administration is just plan stupid. I can go on and on. I voted for him to break the system. He is doing that, but not as fast as I would like. How many times have we been put at the edge of our seat by Joe DiGivonia something big is coming. Session is out of the picture now and even if he is reelected, it can’t be any worst than Mitch McConnell or some many other RINO’s. Maybe Session is deep state. Then Trump was stupid to keep him there as long as he did. Wisc. Reince Priebus was responsible for a good majority of this including cabinet picks. Paul Ryan and the Koch brothers I believe were hoping they could get Pence in as their “establishment boy”. Impeachment bothers me, because I can see the Uniparty working this together. Was Session a water boy for Priebus, I guess we will find out if Trump is booted from the office. It is still 3rd quarter in the game and the score is 10 to 7 and Trump is losing. We know what play the House is calling. We don’t know the Senate will not vote for their Uniparty candidate Pence. We don’t know if the military intel will try to pull the Insurrection Act if Trump survives impeachment. It is the next step in this process.

The Insurrection Act is an exception to the Posse Comitatus statute, which forbids the use of military assets in domestic law enforcement, except as allowed by the Constitution or an act of Congress.

It ain’t over until is is over.

• FH says:

“I voted for him to break the system. He is doing that, but not as fast as I would like.”

I’m sure you could do better. I look forward to seeing your name on a ballot.

• MR52 says:

Is he breaking the system? It is not broke yet. I don’t see the third party yet? He has put some sticks in the bike wheels, but the bike is still moving. I see the CR being held up by Congress. WTF does me running for office have to do with this? I like what he has done to expose stupid issues, but the stock market doing well does not help me because Obama sucked my investments out of me for Obama care to the tune of 90 K and lost wages. I am under paid by 50% now, but I can smile because at least I am working.

Face the facts, it is 3 years in and he has continued to hire traitors. Session is not the issue, it is the Kelly’s and the Mattis’s. It is Reince Priebus, Ryan and the Chamber of Commence. What has been down to call them out? If it wasn’t for the Mercer’s he would not be President. Does he still have their support? Jared and Don are hacks. I don’t trust Gina Haspel or Barr. Durham is from Ct. so that alone is not good. Why the hell did Flynn pick Covington & Burling LLP? Why did Cohen pick Lanny Davis?

Tell yourself all is well. Sure. I am hoping for Trump to win on this. He is right now the only option, but I sure wish he had a better team.

• Robust says:

You mean previous POTUS’ didn’t appoint people who supported them in the campaign……

• Toenail says:

Or maybe mentally stable but is a double crossing liar!

• Ivehadit says:

Yes, TPW, yes!

• Chelle says:

I had no idea, I based support on his current interviews. Any mentions of his support for TPP and Mueller is being completely downplayed, which is very telling. He is not from my area. I guess it is Tuberville then. So tired of these duplicitous piles of human garbage.

4. SGH says:

I’m disappointed in VA. So, I agree with Sundance… The actual voters in AL are the only ones who matter. My opinion is irrelevant.

• covfefe999 says:

Well that’s just it, it’s not just about Alabama and Alabama voters. It’s about the entire country. It’s a US Senate seat and majorities are important. If the GOP didn’t have the Senate majority, Trump would have been removed from office already. Sometimes you have to vote for candidates to achieve a larger purpose. It doesn’t matter how people feel about Sessions, if he is the candidate on the ballot in November 2020 Alabama MUST re-elect him, because the alternative is that a Dem will have that seat for 6 years. Any Republican is better than any Democrat. In the general elections vote straight GOP.
      People need to drill that into their heads.

• cdquarles says:

Far too few know what really went down here that year. It was one of, if not the, dirtiest election I’ve ever seen; and I am not young. What they did to Judge Moore was just the opening act. Lots of stuff gets done behind the scenes.

Given the current choices, and the current information, Mr. Byrne is a no. Same with Tuberville. Will wait to see re. Judge Moore and former AG/Senator Sessions. My beef with both of them is that they’re older than I am. What I do know is that either would be better than Jones, overall, at this point. Heck, it was Sessions and others before him that helped him (Jones) get his name as a prosecutor.

• BoreMole says:

Soros would disagree with you that its only the AL voters that matter…

5. Occasional Commenter says:

I live in Alabama. We don’t want him back. He let Trump down badly. Down here, that’s unforgivable. Time for him to stay home and tend to his azaleas.

6. muskea says:

I live in Alabama and we need him back……….he WILL BE BACK!

7. fed up says:

He is compromised by the deep state that much is obvious. I wish it were as simple as the voters in AL do your thing. This compromised elf can wield power far above his weight in the Senate. President Trump, support another candidate, vet them hard then do 3-4 rallies in AL for them!

8. arze says:

Jeff Sessions under investigation when reading Mueller report first time made me laugh.

Jeff should have been investigated for dereliction of duty and court marshaled for desertions.

All kidding aside, the incompetence of coup plotters against the Trump administration become more evident the father away from 2016 we go.

Like all of us, the plotters could not and cannot accurately see into the future, and so there are unintended consequences.

The beauty of Session, his recusal, though that was not enough, and so the plotters placed him under investigation to bar him from doing anything meaningful.

A sitting AG, under investigation by his own subordinates, Sessions not even aware of it.

I would not be surprised if Barr agreed to serve as AG precisely because of this. In fact, he may have asked to serve exactly because of this. I am sure this prosecutorial malice towards Session outraged Barr.

The beauty of Sessions. . . should Barr/Durham bring indictments, they have a political gift, as it were…focusing on the most absurd “investigation” — that of Sessions by the Obama Clan/Mueller — and hammering home the absurdity of what the DOJ/FBI criminals did: place a sitting AG under investigation.

Shine the light on this one forever and a day.

This one is simple and straightforward. Sessions’ own incompetence will be the best part of it–in that everyone knows he could not get out of his own way–and works to Barr’s political advantage.

No one see’s Jeff as strong, as a leader, in fact, he is seen as a dumbbell.

Barr/Durham hammering home investigation by the enemies of Trump — their investigation against Sessions — will grab peoples’ attention, it may really catch on: people saying: what the hell was Andy Griffith — oops, meant Sessions, investigated for? And this the unintended beauty of this big mistake by the criminal prosecutors of Sessions.

I wonder if there was a sealed indictment against Sessions?

I’ve wondered if there was any against Trump and any family members?

And any others against Flynn. . . .

The Barr/Mueller report I hope at least discloses any sealed indictments against anyone in the Trump campaign and in his administration. This would be a public service, as it would be to confirm that there were not any, if this is so.

Unless indictments are unsealed, they are secret and confidential forever. [Assange’s was secret a long time.]

A Brown University professor forcefully argued less than a year into Mueller’s cartoon show that Mueller should secretly have a grand jury indict Trump, on Mueller’s behalf — and keep that under seal — as an insurance policy against Trump firing Mueller. How do we know that did not happen?

[[[If Trump were to fire Mueller, an already filed sealed indictment would outlast Mueller’s tenure. A sealed indictment can only be dismissed by a judge, meaning Trump cannot rid himself of a legal headache simply by terminating the special counsel. A sealed indictment would also ensure that the statute of limitations for crimes Trump might be charged with would not expire. This leaves open the possibility of Trump being tried in the future.

Some might object that using a sealed, rather than public, indictment seems counterintuitive: After all, isn’t the point of indicting Trump to expose his potentially criminal acts? If Mueller sought a public indictment, it would also preserve the case against Trump.]]]

The reckless ignorance of what America is supposed to be about by the likes of this particular Ivy League product is a good example as any indicating higher education in America has been tampered with and is out of control. The 19th century German academic warned profusely about Academia being a place where Ideology instead of scholarship is taught. He wasn’t the only one, but his essay on the top is excellent. [It is one among many in, The Methodology Of The Social Sciences by Max Weber (Author), Edward A. Shils (Translator, Foreword)]

The fact that Corey Brettschneider is professor of political science at Brown University and visiting professor of law at Fordham Law School means nothing if he is without wisdom.

And lastly, the Flynn case is the bones, the skeleton in some ways, an outline, really: of what Barr/Durham are investigating in bigger and broader and general terms, viz. the “perjury trap, etc.” dimensions of our government’s crimes against all things Trump.

The Roger Stone case is the bones on the ‘Russia hacked Democrats, fed it to Wikileaks, etc’ fabrication narrative, of which Barr/Durham had better damn well be working on the bigger and broader aspect of this, too.

-30-

• railer says:

Good post. Sessions was likely an unwitting dupe, but when the conspirators investigated the duped AG, they implicated themselves in a crime, so Sessions serves a purpose in rolling up these criminals.

• lydia00 says:

Yes. Sessions timidity and stupidity might come in very handy. However, he needs to go away. I honestly think he would quietly and indirectly sabotage Trump in the Senate. Never trust a man who wants to rehab his image in this way.

• evergreen says:

None of this could happen if the critical mass of the electorate had a lick of sensible education.

9. Unsk says:

To use Arse’s language, Sessions is either an incredible “dumb-bell” or a lying, treasonous
    Deep State co-conspirator in the Russian Hoax/Coup with Comey, Rosenstein, Brennan and Mueller, et al. Either way, why would you want that person as your Senator?

Btw, My vote is that is that Sessions is a Deep State, lying, treasonous bastard. He long was a tool of the Big Banks, et al, and at a minimum he was following their orders to deep six Trump.

10. Hopper Creek says:

WEASEL

11. Firefly says:

at best Sessions was a coward and worst part of the coup. After reading these comments it won’t be surprising that Trump will be impeached and Sessions wins his senate seat back. The swamp will be back in place in a New York minute.

12. Countrywatch says:

I will be shouted down here, but I believe Sessions had been instrumental behind the scenes inengineering the downfall of key deep state players. One of the stealth bombers. I believe he has played the role exactly how P Trump and those behind P Trump wanted and at the end of all of this he will be hailed as a hero by those who are on the side of cleaning up the swamp. Time will tell.

• TwoLaine says:

I would like to think that is the case and I would be the 1st to cheer him on.

• mariner says:

I’m glad to see there are still non-deranged commenters here.

• Wow, so if people don’t have your view they are deranged.

How ugly. Sounds like the leftists.

• Ivehadit says:

Let me just say that if you are not from Alabama (or any state for that matter that is being discussed) you have no idea of the inside politics that goes on. It is nasty and NOTHING is as it seems. At best, there are many disingenuous people who run for office on both sides.

• CharterOakie says:

Countrywatch — that is also my belief. (Not that I can prove it at this time.)

The ongoing struggle is for nothing less than the survival of our republic.
      OF COURSE there must be a plan — on both sides, or perhaps multiple sides.

OF COURSE there must be strategems, tactics, moves, countermoves, disinformation, etc.

All according to proper timing, honest judges on the bench, and sufficient public awareness of the truth of what went down.

• Countrywatch says:

Yes, CO. Also see this from Wyatt who was responding to a Sessions critic:

• Tim Tarr says:

I agree, think Sessions was allowing rope to be fed.
      I also think General Flynn case is much more than thought. As declassification starts you’re going to see that third branch of Government unsealing the big stories. Even possible Judge Sullivan is/has been on a Circuit Judicial Council. Remember Judge Contreras???

13. TwoLaine says:

IF I were Jeff Sessions I definitely want to put something good on my resume after failing so bigly as President TRUMP’s and America’s AG, just to take back my name and dignity. He let DEEP STATE careerist committees tell him what to do when he was THE BOSS and should have said NO, WE DID NOTHING WRONG. You will not usurp my job and my authority, I earned them.

He was a good Senator, for the most part, and we can always use more of them. Not the sorry excuses like Mike Lee pushing unlimited Worker VISAS and IDIOT Pierre “Mittens” Delecto who is there simply to be a thorn in President TRUMP’s side, he is ILLary Clinton in a suit, green with envy.

I salute Jeff for making a comeback. Comeback’s are for WINNERS and President TRUMP likes WINNERS. I would hope he would be the 1st to throw his considerable weight behind this candidacy.

• mdt123 says:

If he were to publicly own up to some of his AG mistakes and says he wants to back Trump 100% again with a comeback, it might work for the voters. Not sure Trump wants to get directly involved either way.

• neal s says:

Our VSGPDJT is privy to many things that few others know about. If PDJT were to back Sessions in his primary attempt for state senator, then I would trust PDJT’s endorsement. If PDJT did not support Sessions then that would tell me all I need to know about Sessions.

I don’t have access to that information that would tell me if Sessions could be trusted to help MAGA and KAG as a state senator. But I believe that PDJT does have that info. I think it wise to follow PDJT’s lead.

• Roni says:

Will be interesting to hear his platform, and his answers to questions about his role as AG (unless he defers bc of an “ongoing investigation”). If he’s not contrite or is not intent on supporting PDJT’s agenda, or seems like he’ll morph into a RINO moderate, better another R runs to reclaim that seat.
        It’s up to the citizens of AL, but I doubt they’ll come out in numbers to vote for him.

14. lydia00 says:

I don’t trust him. And I think he will have trouble unseating Doug Jones because of what he did and didn’t do as AG.. It would be much wiser to have a fresh new candidate without the baggage. Mo Brooks would be better.

15. howardrichman says:

I’m not going to forget that Sessions was the best Senator on trade and immigration. He was not a good Attorney General, but he was a great Senator.

16. Rileytrips says:

As an Alabama voter, my fear is that the state Republican Party will run a contentious primary campaign among Byrne (McConnell’s choice), Tuberville and Sessions, that will divide the Republican voters. There will be sour grapes over the outcome of the winner after the the primary election next spring, causing much division. Then an Independent “conservative” will show up on the ballot and we will end up with Jones again….just like what happened in the Kentucky governor race recently. It looks like this might be their plan.

• covfefe999 says:

Division during the primary is natural. Voters have to get over it and achieve the larger goal, electing a Republican to that Senate seat.

17. mariner says:

Thank God you won’t be voting in this.

18. David Mitchell says:

Any Republican Senator is better than any Democrat Senator; well maybe with exceptions for the 2 gems outta Utah. So, Sessions runs in primary and gets a chance to either show this is about supporting the MAGA agenda or out of spite—that will be telling. If Sessions survives the primary and can unseat Jones so be it. Every seat is critical…

19. Reilly17 says:

Sessions will be exonerated by President Trump long before Election Day. He started the ball rolling on human trafficking, drugs, money laundering, Epstein, leaking, and probably countless other crimes. The swamp is being drained and its because their spigot of funding is being shut off. There is no way Trump and Sessions could have ram rodded indictments through before the stage was set, and I believe the good guys have been running a sting since the election. Also the country is being red pilled which was absolutely necessary before indictments. You might have rock solid evidence but if the country isn’t prepared PDJT might not be re-elected. Our President has taken on the world and is winning! The swamp rats don’t have a chance.

20. Don Bitz says:

You can’t say you’re for term limits if you support Sessions’ return to the Senate.

21. CharterOakie says:

I take this announcement of Sessions running for the Senate as further indication that stuff is ripe and about to hit the proverbial fan.

Bring it on.

22. clodfobble says:

Sessions is gutless. Not what we need to take the country back. Sadly, he’s better than any democrat… but just barely.

23. Mike in a Truck says:

I once liked Jeff. No more. Not after he shanked my President. He’s blackmailed. Not my choice tho’, if they vote him in so be it.

24. noswamp says:

Let the new folks run and win. And blow things up politically supporting Trump. Sessions can’t be trusted anymore with any political position. I have no idea even why he is running, isnt he rich enough? At this point its all about power. The power he failed to use to support Alabama when he was AG. His fellow conservative opponents will have a field day…

25. Somebody's Gramma says:

Lots of negativity here about Sessions. Sessions put a lot of wheels in motion for the good of the country. He got Huber in motion. He got a lot of the President’s demands in motion, like going after human traffickers, which is still ongoing, like going after the healthcare fraud that is rampant. I could list more. But, I’m posting here in favor of Sessions, just to even things out a bit.
    Carry on Treepers.

26. mylabs5 says:

I hope he doesn’t run. I know Jeff Sessions. Worked with him early in the warfighter effort. True patriot. Loves the troops. One event where his involvement saved thousands of troops. Thousands saved with a single phone call.
    But he wanted that AG spot without really being dedicated to it. He couldn’t take the hits. He was over his head. As Senator, he was used to picking up the phone and telling the swamp what to do. Then all of a sudden the swamp was telling him what to do. He folded. I don’t necessarily think he was that much of a swamp creature as he didn’t know how to fight them off.
    They ruined him. BUT he should have told Trump day one about the recusal and why. They must have had something on him or showed him the manufactured stuff on Trump.
    At any rate that’s my two cents.

• yy4u says:

This is a thought provoking post mylabs5. More and more I begin to think the president (and elected senators and reps) are merely figureheads, that behind the scenes, “The Swamp” runs things. We blame Obama (and I’m one) for “politicizing” the IRS, DOJ, CIA, FBI et al, but today it dawned on me. They couldn’t have been politicized if they didn’t want to be. So I’m rethinking what Obama did and didn’t do. He was okay with having “the Swamp” be in charge so long as he got to feel important, to prance and preen and show off. I’m sure he did want to know what was going on vis a vis snooping on the Trump campaign, but the Swamp would not have done it had they not been totally on board. That nobody blew the whistle on Page and Strzok, McCabe and Comey, Clapper and Brennan suggests to me they were in on it from the get-go, if not actively, then okay with what was being done. Donald Trump threatened to drain the Swamp — the Swamp did not want to be drained.

So maybe Senator Sessions just thought he was making a phone call. If the person receiving the call didn’t want to do what Sessions said, s/he just would have said no and/or sabotaged him — as they are sabotaging POTUS. This deserves more thought, more consideration. Was Reagan our last REAL president or was he, too, controlled by the Swamp?

• mylabs5 says:

So I think that your synopsis is apart from what I was trying to purvey with Sessions. I believe from my experience is that he was doing what he thought was right (recusal) because of the systematic structure of how things work in DC. I personally think that he was more a child in the wilderness than a conspirator. I never saw any guile with him as I saw with others in the Senate and House. As a member of powerful Senate committees he expected that what was told him by agency heads and LA’s to be what was true. They lied to him about a plethora of things. He acquiesced to what the norm was in DC. That was his mistake. He as anyone now can see that the swamp is pervasive and entrenched. He did not have the tools to deal with it at that time.
        While some sit here with no skin in the game and with 20/20 hindsight can proclaim manifest a’priori knowledge, let’s get honest here. No one…even SD even fathomed the depth and far reaching aspects of this thing. To come back now and make judgements is a little disingenuous to say the least.
        The best thing to do at this point is to learn from all of this and move forward with Trump’s agenda with an eye to how to defeat these evil doers.

27. George 1 says:

HA HA HA Trust Sessions. If he gets elected and the swamp finally sends impeachment articles to the Senate will old Jeff recuse himself? Probably not. He will probably vote with Romney.

28. Tazio Nuvolari says:

We know what you are Jeff. GO AWAY!

29. CTH Fan says:

Good Grief🙄. Going back in time are we? Endless back and forth on Sessions is mind numbing. I thought we were over this.

Please don’t take these arguments to the main page I beg of you. Thank you SD for creating a special blog for this.

30. Pegon Zellschmidt says:

Support whoever you want in the primary; support the winner in the general. Sessions gave a resounding defense of Trump early in October, better than most anyone has and this after being ignominiously ousted by Trump (which I don’t blame him). Sessions didn’t recuse himself to hurt Trump, and Sunday morning quarterbacking is easy. We’re still finding out the deviousness and evil of the deep state. Support whoever can defeat the Democrat. Period.

31. Dougger says:

I live in AL – he is NOT popular here anymore; Shelby is not either because he assisted Doug Jones in getting elected. Tommy Tuberville is the Trump candidate, and is leading in the polls right now. Byrne is a close second. They are saying Sessions will poll third.

32. emeraldcoaster says:

This will be an interesting primary, and Sessions throwing his hat back into the ring makes it even more interesting. Talking with family and our adult kids in Mobile shows the political luster has worn off Sessions…unless something earthshaking comes out of the Barr/Durham efforts. Moore is again dead in the water in their eyes—they wouldn’t hold their nose and vote for him last time. While few passions run higher than the Auburn-Bama divide, in-laws are speaking highly of Tuberville with Byrne also getting a thumbs up. As long as Jones doesn’t line up against Moore again, my money is on a GOP pick up.

33. Wayne Robinson says:

I hope Bama can come up with someone else / sessions is a wet brain . The idea that you would recuse yourself in a job you were just given says loads / i suspect he has been taking globalist money so long he did not want to disappoint anyone but God Himself . The idea that he could not be depended upon to hold the roll on a bolt is a very sad testimony to guys personal integrity and guts .

34. doohmax says:

Don’t know who the Republican challenger will be (I like Tuberville’s chances. I know, I know, he’s a former football coach with no political experience, but that might be a positive in Alabama.) but I can assure you Jones is a dead Senator walking.

35. Atomic Hillbilly says:

My gut feeling is that sessions wasn’t “in on” the coup plot.

He was just too nice (gullible?) to be in the same ring with those scallywags.

You’d think that all those years in the senate would’ve taugt him who he was dealing with, but it seems that his misspent love for the institutions blinded him to what was really going on.

He’d definitely be better than Doug Jones, but that’s for the voters of Alabama to decide.

You’d think he learned a hard lesson by now.

He should be grilled on the lesson he learned (assuming he did)…..

If so, Trump should consider endorsing him.

Otherwise, run a Freedom Caucus type for that seat.

36. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

F Y Jeff.
    End of report.

37. TwoLaine says:

Jeff Sessions will be interviewed on Tucker Carlson’s show, up next!

• TwoLaine says:

Excellent interview. He just released a commercial, which Tucker played. He said he still believes in and would fight for President TRUMP’s agenda 100%.

38. TexanForever Thompson says:

Screw Jeff Sessions !!! … He double-crossed Trump and caused the Mueller witch hunt by recusing himself as A.G. At least we know who the enemy is with the democrats. President Trump and the nation are still paying for “Mister MacGoo” Session’s surprise recusal. He can’t be trusted to do the right thing.

If Trump trusts him now it would be like Linus trusting Lucy not to snatch the football away at the last moment (again).

39. ash nazg says:

I don’t understand what people are even talking about defending Sessions. It reads like word salad to me. This is not example of perfect being enemy of the good. Sessions is not good. He is not even mediocre. Why?

As I explained (in my admittedly longwinded diatribe which I will truncate here), he threatened to RESIGN if Trump would dare to fire Rosenstein (which Trump has plenary power to do under Article 2 for whatever reason or for NO reason whatsoever). But he did NOT resign to let Trump pick another AG after recusing himself. He hanged this Albatross from hell around Trump’s neck and passively watched it peck Trump to a pulp for 2+ years.

He is not hapless. He is not a gentleman. Injecting his smirking mug into this election, zero contrition, zero atonement, given the division he knows it will precipitate, is totally unnecessary except for his own benefit. Same as his behavior as AG.

Therefore, Sessions is a self-serving snake. Period. Full stop. End of sentence. Exclamation point. QED.

If anyone has a convincing counterargument why Sessions is honorable given that he threatened to resign for Rosenstein but not for Trump (meaning for his voters — you) please prove me wrong.

PS — I always remember that whatever he did to Trump he did to us. That is who he is and what he thinks of us. Excusing/rationalizing Sessions is Battered Conservative Syndrome. They give us slop to eat and we tell ourselves well it’s not filet mignon but it’s better than the alternative. No. It’s slop. The reason Trump was elected was because we have had it with eating the slop. And at least I am not going back. Giving Sessions back his Senate seat after what he did is eating slop. People’s memories are too short.