Voters in Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia and New Jersey are voting today to select new Governors and state legislators.  President Trump has rallied in support of Matt Bevin (Kentucky) and Tate Reeves (Mississippi), while Democrats have spent millions on Virginia.

Mississippi Election Results – Clarion Ledger HERE

Mississippi Election Results – Decision Desk HQ HERE

Kentucky Secretary of State – Election Results HERE

CNN Election Results: MS, KY, VA – HERE

New York Times (All States/All Races) – Election Results HERE

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Impeachment, Legislation, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

453 Responses to Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia and New Jersey Election Results and Discussion….

1. fangdog says:

Democrats are fortunate God made democrats crooked and corrupt. Otherwise, democrats would never win an election.

• Bad seed fallacy: this is the product of generations of leftist programming in our school system. We’d better wake up and fight where it counts.

• Moe Grimm says:

GREAT JOB by those in Kentucky who bought ‘rat and in their very best “thinking” couldn’t find 5800 additional votes in THIS environment where every single mistake effectively strengthens the toxic cultural marxist serpent against the Heartland. Is this the same cabal who validated the ascendancy of Michelle McConnell not once, not twice, but FIVE (5) TIMES? Couldn’t find even 0.05% additional votes where every single mistake, let alone like this, brings this Country another step towards civil insurrection, which in fact has already begun. Yeah, I know, “that can’t happen because=x”, and “that’s tin-foil hat” =X. Hell, Bevin should have won by 35,000 votes, but even 0.05% more proved too much. Sickening. happy about the AG race, but it is NOT ENOUGH.

Yesterday even the NYT (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/us/politics/matt-bevin-andy-beshear-kentucky-governor.html) detailed Bevin’s unwavering support of PDT and parallel opposition to the latest in a perpetual run of cutlmarx insanity now to “impeach” this President for no, read zero, legal or otherwise reason. The NYT also despises Bevin, wrote: “Of the Republicans running for governor this year in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kentucky, Mr. Bevin has been the most forceful on the issue”. More yet, Louisville the most populous blue hive in Kentucky overwhelmingly “represented” by CD3 democrat, and close Beshear ally, John Yarmuth. Yarmuth’s assessment? “In my district it’s all anybody wants to do is impeach him,” Mr. Yarmuth said of Mr. Trump.” NYT again: “Even as Kentucky’s economy has soared, the governor has become toxic in much of the state because of his efforts to curb the Medicaid expansion.” Indeed Bevin and others did – because they KNOW it cannot be $u$tained.

This is an unprecedented time in this Country where effete feelingZ have NO place. It’s said Bevin generated much angst over his criticism of KY. teacher’s unions and school system over which it presides which just clocked 36TH place out of 50 states (notched down from 35TH in 2018) based upon 39 different metrics of success – and from what I researched from a true “left””right” spectrum of sources, Bevin was thoroughly justified in taking the heat generated by the teacher’s union/s and of course documented sources of support. If part of this hit is in fact about Bevin characterizing the state teacher’s union as complicit in the “molestation of children”, it is somewhat harsh, but certainly anecdotally to the point. last Oct. Kentucky Education Commissioner Wayne D. Lewis stated the following: “The 2019 Quality Counts rankings confirm much of what we already know about Kentucky’s public education system.” Bevin was constantly thwarted by the teacher’s union and their known allies to reform KY’s K-12 system. Enjoy Beshear and McConnell – you’ll have them for a good while.

2. sunnyflower5 says:

3. sunnyflower5 says:

4. sunnyflower5 says:

5. Troublemaker10 says:

6. Troublemaker10 says:

• mari says:

The question then becomes why did Republicans allow the legislative map to be redrawn without a challenge?

• Gary Lacey says:

Cause they’re lazy and too busy cashing in on the rewards of public office?

• Free Speech says:

Because the country club, management class a-holes who run the Republican party hate their deplorable voters, and would rather lose to the crustless sandwich eating faux-intellectuals who are from their same economic class in the Democrat party. That’s why they leave a guy like Corey Stewart hanging, and think they can win with a squish like Gillespie.

• Petrel says:

Re-districting can concentrate Republican voters into super-safe districts with a thin sprinkling of Republicans elsewhere. Why would an INCUMBENT Republican, with no agenda, fight such a map?

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Nope, the republicans did challenge it. The “Supremes” ruled one party could not mount a challenge, the “sate” had to be the challenger. Well guvnur blackface was not about to do that.

• mazziflol says:

And as we all know… Popular vote is didly.

• Padric says:

True, but it does bode good things for 2020. If we can turn out strong numbers in a “low profile” sorta year, then imagine what the turn out will be when the president is back on the ballot.

While I am a NY’er and this year the only thing on my ballot were town positions and County Judges end even though my little town it’s solidly Republican with about half of the races uncontested, I still made sure to vote not only because its my civic duty but because I wanted to show that strength of numbers.

I was actually surprised to find our polling place as lively as it was when I voted last night and even more surprised when I checked the election results this morning to find out that we had over 50% turn out, which I have to say for a local election in my town is a lot.

Despite some of the more disappointing results from last night, I actually have a good feeling about 2020 and I say that as I Conservative who knows his vote is going to get dashed on the shores of the liberal bastion that is the Empire State.

7. Troublemaker10 says:

I also saw somewhere (can’t find it now) that Bevins turned down Trump’s help (saying he didn’t need it) until the very end (when he then wanted it).

8. Magabear says:

Statewide in PA, the GOP seems to be holding its own tonight. Looks like we’ll split the big statewide race for Superior Court at one each. Numbers look good in the places PDJT won PA with in 2016.

9. RedWave2020 says:

Really close race in PA for Superior court. Looks like couple precincts in liberal area (around 30ish i counted) Serveral hundred left in conservative areas (160) in york county alone as of now. PA seems to very close. If I had to guess we definitely win 1 of the 2 seats. The 2nd one will be very close. If we hold one than we maintain control of the Superior court.

I’d say this is a better indicator of our overall performance tonight compared to VA (which was stacked against us with the map redrawing) and KY.

• Magabear says:

York County county always comes in late with their votes and is hugely republican. York has pulled out alot of close elections for us in the past.

10. RedWave2020 says:

Oops I read philly results wrong looks like couple hundred precincts. I still say we hold one seat the other leans dem based off the new philly numbers. I think Trump’s numbers look good though in PA.

11. mari says:

Democrats are experts at stealing votes from the American people to slip their Socialist politicians in against the people’s will. We end up with homeless $ hiting in the streets along with needles and electrical blackouts. Every seat they are allowed to steal takes us one step closer to ending up like California, a one-party state, soon to become a failed state.

12. Troublemaker10 says:

• sunnydaze says:

Virginians fell for McMuffin, too.

So it’s not just the Dems there that are a problem.

• Happy go lucky says:

Libertarians in Virginia can also always be counted on for a splitter when needed, looking at you Senator Mark “I prefer not to have a paper trail, also I’m a drunk” Warner.

13. Troublemaker10 says:

14. WeThePeople2016 says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

15. WeThePeople2016 says:

16. WeThePeople2016 says:

Go NJ!

17. Troublemaker10 says:

18. Troublemaker10 says:

19. Alleycats says:

Well this sucks. Virginia is blue. There goes our taxes (up up and away), there go our gun rights, they already rammed through medicaid increases, and abortion on demand.
    I no longer recognize my beautiful state.

I’ve been mulling over a transfer in my job, to Tennessee. Looking much more likely now..

20. steviedawn says:

You know the release of the IG Report could have the difference in KY.

21. wodiej says:

I don;t understand how Republicans won in almost every district but still lost.

• Free Speech says:

Same as why Doug Jones won in AL and Kirsten Sinema won in AZ. They won the vote in the big cities by 2-1 or more. I know Lexington and Louisville are more liberal areas, but I don’t buy the numbers, particularly in Louisville, which turned out like 70-30 D. I didn’t buy the numbers for Birmingham, AL when Jones won. There’s still massive Democrat election fraud going on.

• It wouldn’t be close if people would wake up and stop voting for a Libertarian. If you’re a Libertarian, voting for the Libertarian candidate is voting for the democrat in a tight race.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the democrats donated to Hicks’ campaign.

22. Trump2020 says:

In my mother’s hometown of Owensboro they are calling the Governors race “too close to call” in Kentucky

23. straightstreet says:

I live in Western Ky and checked all the counties results in the surrounding area here. Bevin was a solid win in Western Ky. Not one county voted to elect Beshear.

• CrewDog says:

I’m thinking that Kentucky Guv’s close race is a Great Place to “Press to Test” the Voter Fraud Issue in Our USA. We know full well in Our Large Land that there is Voter Fraud. We also know it is Democrat Voter Fraud ’cause:
      1) We know it’s NOT Republican Fraud ’cause if it was, ABCNNBCBS-NYT-WashPo-PBS would be Outraged 24/7.
      2) The Media is in Three Wise Monkey Mode and RINOs are too spineless to demand an investigation.
      3) Like most States, the Democrats control the Urban S***Holes where most of the Fraud exists ….. I Know! …. I’m an evil racist, homophobic misogynist …. & suspected God-n-Gun Clinger.

24. Dwayne Diesel says:

Here in CT I was following something a little different. CT is a major blue state…from the town level up to the State. Yesterday, a lot of towns voted for more R’s than I can ever recall since I started living in CT. This is huge IMO. In CT, we didn’t swing red but the fact that more red has been voted in than ever before is evidence that something is occurring in this country. Something that the DNC and the media doesn’t want to you to notice: people are not happy with the Dems or our government in general.

Have any other Treepers noticed this shift on a micro level as well? As I said in CT the fact that more R’s won than I have ever previously noticed at the local level (and some at the state) is significant IMO>

• The Boss says:

I know people there, I’ll ask around.
      I do recall a corner of CT near MA was pink following the 2016 election.

• sunnydaze says:

I noticed that too, Dwayne, in *many* parts of CT.

And was pleasantly *shocked*.

Maybe some of these bright Blue states have finally had enough and are beginning to Wake Up and Cry Uncle.

I *do* know that many formerly rock solid Dem friends/family up there started complaining about Dem *policies* in CT. a few years back (while still hating Repubs w/ a passion), and ONE finally switched registration to R. Maybe the others silently voted R.

It was interesting/frustrating as heck to listen to them yammer on and on about the mess that Dem policies were making to that state- all the while hating on Repubs.and never making the “connection” w/ the Dems they consistently voted for. Guess connection was finally made! For some anyway.

• Dwayne Diesel says:

Yes, the news coverage here is that Dems maintained control of the State legislature. Well duh…..but the increase of the number of R’s actually winning seats at the town level is huge. Those will translate into R’s at the state level in the years to come.

And I also find it funny that after the same D’s are voted in people, only a few days later, can’t understand why the push for tolls is already ramped back up. Well, idiots of CT, you just re-elected people who were for it and now you gave them two more years.

What people should be asking- Lamaont, why are you pushing so hard for tolls? Do you have any personal connections with the companies that would be used to install the booths? Manage the system? I bet you do. Hmmmmm

25. Does Bevin stand a chance in recount /absentee etc about 5000 votes to overcome ?

26. RedWave2020 says:

Good news is apparently override in KY is only 1/2 the legislature which republicans have. Another positive is the rat’s will be wasting a lot of money trying to unseat McConnell probably more than 2014. The candidate probably Amy McGrath is a very annoying one who pretty much yells peach 45 and all so she has no chance. It frees up money they could be spending on other races.

27. Troublemaker10 says: