Earlier today President Trump joined in celebration with the Scalia family to deliver remarks from the Oval Office during the swearing-in of Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia.

The President also took a question from the media pool [Video and Transcript Below]

[Transcript] – THE PRESIDENT: Well, this is a very big day. We just had the swearing-in. We just had the most beautiful ceremony. I don’t know if anybody was there, of you, but — our new head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. And now we have Department of Labor. So, that’s big stuff. This is a big day.

And it’s my pleasure to welcome everyone to the swearing-in of our new Secretary of Labor, Eugene Scalia. Gene is joined by many members of his family, which is a large family, including his mother, Maureen, who’s been my friend for a long time, even before I knew you. Right? His mother is an incredible woman. And his wife, Patricia. Incredible job. Thank you, honey. And six of their beautiful children.

And I have a list of the folks. It’s like — what a family. So you have Maureen, who a lot of the people in this room know, from the standpoint even of the media. You have Patricia, who is a very powerful person in the family — namely, the wife. (Laughter.) The wife is always powerful — or, in some cases, right? But in this case —

MR. SCALIA: This one is.

THE PRESIDENT: Super powerful, right?

Antonin Scalia’s son. Antonin. We have Megan Scalia, daughter; Bridget Scalia, daughter; Luke Scalia, son; Erin Scalia, daughter; Isabella Scalia, daughter. That’s pretty impressive. John Scalia, brother. Catherine Courtney, sister. Mary Clare Murray, sister. Reverend Paul Scalia, who many of the folks know, in the room. The most powerful man, by far, in the room. Reverend Paul Scalia, brother. Christopher Scalia, brother. Margaret Scalia Bryce, sister. Christie S. Larsen — oh, wow — father-in-law. Susan Larsen, mother-in-law. That’s powerful. That’s powerful stuff. That’s a great — that’s a great family.

And, as you know, this was just happened — confirmed as the 20th Secretary of Labor, on September 26th, by a very substantial vote in current politics. Some people would say, “Gee, that was close.” 53 to 44. I call that a landslide. (Laughter.) In this administration, I call it a landslide.

Eugene Scalia is one of the most qualified people ever confirmed as Secretary of Labor. He will use his skills as he has over the years, and he’s built an extremely distinguished career to fight and win for the American workforce. He’s a tremendous lawyer, a tremendous talent. One of the best anywhere in our country.

He earned a bachelor’s degree from University of Virginia, and went on to the University of Chicago Law School, where he was editor-in-chief of the Law Review.

From 2002 to 2003, Gene served as the top legal officer at the Department of Labor. So he’s very familiar with the environs. He earned a reputation as a brilliant and unbiased defender of rights and protections of the American people.

After his time in government service, Gene moved to the private sector, where he really became a tremendous force and very successful. He fought in some of the highest courts of our land, and worked to overturn bureaucratic overreach and unfair, job-killing regulations. That sounds very familiar. That’s going to be good in this administration.

As he returns to the Department of Labor, Gene will use his wealth of experience to continue our bold regulatory reduction campaign. Most importantly, he will always put American workers first. I know that very well. That’s what he’s done his whole life.

And your father is looking down right now. Your husband is looking down right now and proud as can be. You know that. You understand that. He’s looking down and he is beaming. And I knew him well enough to know that he was a beamer when he was proud, right?

MRS. MAUREEN SCALIA: Yes.

THE PRESIDENT: So, Gene, I’m confident that your sharp legal mind, firmness of character, devotion to justice, love for this country, and commitment to its people will make you an outstanding Secretary of Labor. I want you to be the best. Can we say “the best of all time”? I’ll ask you, maybe later, who was the best, so far. But you’re going to top.

Congratulations to you and to your wonderful family.

And I’d like to now have Gene just say a few words and then we’ll ask Vice President Pence to administer the oath of office. And thank you all for being here. This is a very important day. Thank you very much. (Applause.) Thank you.

MR. SCALIA: Mr. President, thank you for those remarks. Thank you for this great honor to serve as Secretary of Labor. And thank you for what’s also a great opportunity, as well, to hold that position in this administration with a President who’s willing to try things that are different, not necessarily conventional, and as you remarked a moment ago, prepared to fight for things that he considers are important for the American people.

You offered this job to me back in July, in this office. And in that meeting, you expressed to me your commitment to American workers and to our economy. And I will bear those words in mind every day that I serve as Secretary of Labor.

I do want to thank my mother, as well; my father who we do like to think is looking down and watching with some pride. And, of course, I want to thank my wife Trish for all of the support that she has given me, both in recent weeks, but throughout our marriage. And my brothers and sisters, too.

Mr. President, I’m sorry that the group is — might strike you as small. (Laughter.) There were three who couldn’t make it, but they’re here in spirit, too.

So, again, I want to thank the President and the Vice President for what is a great honor, but, more importantly to me, it’s an opportunity to further the mission of the Department of Labor; to implement this President’s agenda; and, to paraphrase the Constitution, to take care that our laws are faithfully executed.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Congratulations. Fantastic. (Applause.)

Mike? Thanks.

(The oath is administered.)

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Congratulations, Mr. Secretary.

SECRETARY SCALIA: Thank you. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you all very much. Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you very much, everybody.

Q Do you know who the whistleblower is, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re trying to find out about a whistleblower — when you have a whistleblower that reports things that were incorrect. As you know, and you probably now have figured it out, the statement I made to the President of Ukraine — a good man, a nice man, new — was perfect. It was perfect. But the whistleblower reported a totally different statement. Like, the statement, it’s — it was not even made. I guess “statement,” you could say, was the call. I made a call. The call was perfect.

When the whistleblower reported it, he made it sound terrible. And then, you had Adam Schiff who, even worse, made up my words, which I think is just a horrible. I’ve never even seen a thing like that.

Adam Schiff — representative, congressman — made up what I said. He actually took words and made it up. The reason is, when he saw my call to the President of Ukraine, it was so good that he couldn’t quote from it because it — there was nothing done wrong. It was perfect. So Adam Schiff decided, “I can’t let this happen, so let me make up…” — did you ever hear of this one, Gene? You ever hear a thing like this? So Adam Schiff made up a phony call. And he read it to Congress and he read it to the people of the United States. And it’s a disgrace. This whole thing is a disgrace.

There’s been tremendous corruption. And we’re seeking it. It’s called “drain the swamp.” There’s been corruption on the other side. There’s been corruption like you’ve never seen.

Now, the new President of Ukraine ran on the basis of no corruption. That’s how he got elected. And I believe that he really means it. But there was a lot of corruption having to do with the 2016 election against us. And we want to get to the bottom of it, and it’s very important that we do.

Thank you very much.

END 2:29 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Big Government, Celebrations, Donald Trump, Economy, media bias, Mike pence, NAFTA, President Trump, Uncategorized, Union Activity - ALL, USA, USMCA. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to President Trump Delivers Remarks During Swearing-In Ceremony for Secretary Eugene Scalia – Video and Transcript…

1. A2 says:

Another Scalia serving the nation in the Administration.
    #winning
    👍👍

• jeff montanye says:

speaking of another scalia and the labor secretary post, with the guy before who was told epstein was intelligence and invulnerable, here we have as close a relative as anyone to the person whose death was one of the spookiest, unconvincing, fishy “accidents,” (note hillary clinton was secretary of state and anticipating a presidential nomination, and, probably, election) “our” government has foisted off.

wonder if what he thinks about the mid-night search for an embalmer, the phoned-in coroner’s report and the immediate cremation.

2. 335blues says:

Hard to go wrong with a Scalia.
    The Oath of Office gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

3. Ricker says:

The President has tied the “Drain the Swamp” motto to the effort to dismantle the deep state. Very strong move. This is a new strategy. Drain the Swamp = get Comey and Brennan and Co. and stop FISA abuse. It’s tangible now.

4. dorothea says:

What can we do to show our support of the President?

• highdezertgator says:

Pray unceasingly for the President and his family and for our country.
      Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
      God Bless the USA!

• janie says:

Four pronged approach- to start- all top priority- Donate to his campaign. Send supportive email to his White House email. Call you Senators and Reps, no matter D or R, and tell them they need to do more to shut this impeachment nonsense down. Pray.

• Green Bucket says:

Here are a few of my ideas: (please, everyone help add to the list)
      -Work for the Trump 2020 campaign
      -Call your representatives regularly and tell them you expect them to support the President, and give them heck if they don’t!!
      -Talk to everyone, friends, family, the lady in the pharmacy – help them understand the absolute corruption by the Democrats, DNC and Media that is being perpetrated on our President, and us too!!
      -Get as many people as possible to vote for President Trump
      -Pray for President Trump, his family, and the people working with him to uncover and communicate the truth of the Spygate to the American people

5. StanH says:

Once again President Trump is a man in charge. I see no fear.

6. Pew-Anon says:

Had no idea this was in the works. Heck of a pedigree, so it’s probably safe to assume he’s not a swampling. Score.

7. jimboct says:

Nice to see a secretary of labor with a great legacy of service.
    Watching VSGPDJT with confidence and clarity call out Schiff and the Dems never gets old. Watch out Nancy, he has your number and it’s up.

8. spoogels says:

What impressed me the most was this that Eugene Scalia said:

“I also want to thank the President for the kindness that he has, in fact, shown my mother since even before his inauguration. It’s a story few people know. I’m fixing that right now, I think. But he reached out to my mother for — just out of kindness, with no political advantage, to see how she was doing, to then make sure that she had a good inauguration seat and the like. And he looked after an elderly woman who was going through a difficult time and gave her some help and support when it meant an awful lot. And we’re very grateful.”

I wonder if Obama reached out to Jusice Scalia’s widow?
    Or Biden?
    or Killary?

Trmup is a mensch

9. Aintree says:

A touching and classy ceremony for new Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia and his impressive family including his mother Maureen.

Most decent people will be wishing the very best for the Scalias but no doubt the despicable Dem jackals are already concocting slanderous fictions or doggedly researching Eugene and his entire family in the hopes of ruining another Trump official and his relatives.

IMO, the Dem party deserve to be decimated in 2020 for their unabashed cruelty and recklessness alone. Only a week ago, they were ramping up to ruin and impeach Justice Kavanaugh and also seriously harm his family in the process. I sure hope PDJT can withstand another bogus, slanderous and evil witch hunt. No doubt wearing him down physically and mentally is one of their truly wicked goals.

10. Scalia, character, intelligence and class, what a change from Cabinet seats to the largest campaign bundler.

11. spoogels says:

“She’s Running!” Steve Bannon Drops a Bomb, Tells FBN’s Trish Regan Hillary Clinton Is Running (VIDEO)

I.KNEW.IT

12. Deborah Fehr says:

i’m worried, there isn’t a single news source outside of Fox that doesnt report it is all but a done deal. Defending it is tiresome in the face of the way it looks. I hope this works out. What I really hope is that Pelosi and Schiff are so so disgraced that they have to leave. Of course that wont happen, but I sure hope President Trump outwits them again. Prayers are with him.

• American Heritage says:

Democrats are never disgraced. They revel in their own degradation and corruption. They flaunt the power gained by illegal, treacherous means. Their code is Marx/Alinsky communism, power is the only good, and any means to getting it is acceptable. They are their own god, and success in the material world is the only thing they hold sacred.There is nothing spiritual or transcendent in their world, only the code of the jungle applies, eat or be eaten. There are no limits on how monstrous the can be.

13. JeffP says:

Pray for President Trump,his beautiful wife, his wonderful children and grand children, Pray for our Nation to be HEALED from Within! Thank God our Father and Creator for saving US from the perils, harm and dangers of this Evil scourge that is the Democrat party and the Globalist Satanic cabal. Every America loving person within reading and forwarding distance of this post PRAY to the Almighty God for redemption that we do not deserve because of our continued defiance of his simple commands. Love Him above all, with everything you have and love your neighbor as you love Yourself.
    God bless you all.

14. willthesuevi says:

I am constantly amazed at the unwavering focus of President Trump. Getting the job done despite the ankle-biters around his feet and the alligators chomping at his backside. The kindness shown to a widow, one of many stories of his humanity.

POTUS Trump is a force of nature.