Internal British opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn was developing a plan to stop the U.K from leaving the European Union through legislation aimed at blocking any Brexit without a pre-existing deal.  Additionally, Corbyn was proposing calling a vote of ‘no confidence’ in a scheme aimed at weakening Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s no-deal brexit.

To thwart that opposition plan, PM Boris Johnson asked Queen Elizabeth to suspend Parliament, thereby cancelling the legislative time Corbyn would have to form his anti-Brexit law and scheme. Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II agreed to suspend Parliament.

In addition, Prime Minister Johnson has significantly diminished the ‘no-confidence’ scheme by stating if Corbyn follows through PM Johnson would continue to proceed with the Brexit process, and call for a snap election immediately following the October 31st ‘no deal’ exit from the EU.   The globalist opposition is going bananas.

LONDON – […] The controversy here lies solely in the timing of the move. Britain is on track to leave the European Union on Oct. 31 and anti-Brexit lawmakers were working frantically to try and thwart the departure via the House of Commons — with plans in motion to try and pass legislation to tie the hands of Johnson’s government when Parliament returns from recess on Sept. 3rd.

Specifically, lawmakers were trying to ensure that Britain is not allowed to leave without a formal withdrawal agreement with the E.U., similar to the kind that May secured with E.U. leaders but failed to get through Parliament — leading ultimately to her resignation in June. Johnson has said he would prefer to leave with a deal, but is prepared to leave without one if E.U. leaders won’t meet British demands.

Tuesday’s announcement torpedoes those opposition plans to tie the government’s hands, icing Parliament for the majority of the remainder of the time left before Oct. 31. Speaker John Bercow, who has made no secret of his anti-Brexit sympathies, called the move a “constitutional outrage.” (link)

With so many prior lies, delays and stall tactics by British leadership beholden to the ideology of multinational influence, there were/are many people concerned about whether Prime Minister Johnson could actually be trusted to deliver on the Brexit referendum supported by the majority of the British voters.

Today’s strong moves by the prime minister seem to dissuade some of those fears.  What Great Britain needs is a strong leader who will stand in the gap against relentless leftist opposition and deliver what the people of Britain have voted for.

Today, despite his prior orientation toward fence-sitting weasel-speak, Johnson provides some cautious optimism that he might just be the strong leader the British deserve.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson sent the following letter to members of the House of Commons:

The Daily Mail has more.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Big Government, Brexit, History, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, United Kingdom (UK) and Great Britain. Bookmark the permalink.

233 Responses to Brexit Maneuvering – Boris Johnson Requests Queen Suspend Parliament, Queen Elizabeth Agrees – Brexit Opposition Plan Thwarted, For Now…

1. SteveT says:

Having read through the thread there seems to be a lack of understanding/confusion as to what has happened here.
    Yes, the Queen has agreed to the prorogation (suspension) of Parliament from 10th Sept to Oct 14th. There is no personal choice involved in this decision, the monarch has no absolute power any more and will agree to do what her ministers recommended. I like to think she is happy with the outcome!

There are still several possibilities regarding Brexit or remaining in the EU despite the comments up-thread. Boris’ view of Brexit is still dangerously close to the previous PM Teresa May and could conceivably end with us remaining in the EU Customs Union forever. This would be a disaster of epic proportions for the British people in my opinion – remainers think differently.

Parliament, for all the claims about being democratic, is anything but. They are ignoring the referendum result where the largest number of the people ever, voted to leave. They also conveniently ignore the fact that both major parties in the 2017 General Election said they would honour the referendum result and make sure that Brexit happens. These two parties represent about 80% of the electorate, but about half the MP’s are voting to remain.

Depending on which decisions are taken to try to thwart leaving, the very slightly reduced time available may get us out, but I am not going to hold my breath on this.
    I am hopeful that a new general election based on a no-confidence vote will not get through Parliament before the Brexit date of 31st Oct and we will leave on time with the no deal promised by the EU.

Nigel Farage is the only trustworthy person in sight, but he would have to perform spectacularly if we end up with an election to make a difference – but this may have to happen and could.

SteveT

• pacnwbel says:

Thanks for your insight Steve.

• Carrie says:

Great synopsis! Even Nigel Farage’s latest tweet shows he is very cautious about Boris’s true intentions. Boris did vote previously in favor of May’s exit deal. But a good sign is that Moss-Reeg is on Boris’s team and he is a staunch Brexiteer.

• Mncpo(ret) says:

I agree totally, Steve.

Parliament is just part of the problem. The House of Lords are rabidly Remain. They’ll do everything in their power to keep England tied to the EU.

Both Parliament and the Lords seem to despise Boris and Farage. If Boris cannot stand this wind that’s coming at him. The people will HAVE to turn to Farage.

I believe the Queen was pressured into granting the suspension. There is so much dirt on the family, that the U.S. knows, I think she got a phone call.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, I don’t mind.

• Revelation says:

I believe the Queen was pressured into granting the suspension.

Not really. The Queen’s role in politics is symbolic; that’s part of the constitutional settlement. Were she to interfere in politics, there would be a vote to abolish the monarchy tout suite.

• burginthorn says:

Well of coarse …Epstein / Prince Andrew. Pressure enough? Amazing times we live in.

• maggie0987 says:

A good site to read up on UK politics is Guido Fawkes –
      try this – https://order-order.com/

2. Rick554 says:

The Donald needs to lock the doors and turn off the lights on Capital Hill!

3. Tiffthis says:

I know his is a “simple” question- but why is Corbin of the “labor party” if he doesn’t represent the interest of workers? So confusing

• Carrie says:

He appears to flip flop all of the time. In the beginning the Labour Party was technically pro-remain, but he intimated that he wanted Brexit. He genuinely isn’t very bright so he probably has a hard time understanding the issues. He is technically a socialist, but a darling of notable communists. But don’t get me started on his ex-girlfriend Dianne Abbott , who he promptly gave a position to. She’s a bag of rocks and regularly shows it doubtful she ever received even remedial math class.

• Masterman says:

Corbin is a hardcore communist. He knows that communism is impossible in Britain while being tied to corrupt European bankers which is why he almost certainly still supports Brexit in the closet. But he has to oppose Brexit because the rest of his party does so, he’ll be out as party leader otherwise.

• trialbytruth says:

Well I can see why she is quite the looker. Yes siree quite the looker.

• Lee Moore says:

In fact Diane Abbott wasn’t bad looking when she was young (google image “Diane Abbott young” and the first few pics in B&W show you what she looked like as a student.) Though she began to struggle with her weight quite early on. And now anno domini have taken their toll on her, as on everybody else.

I think she was a student leader which was her springboard into politics. Not brilliant but not dumb as a tree. I’d guess she’d beat Corbyn in an IQ test. And even quite smart people look quite dumb when they’re trying to defend the indefensible. Dunno which side she’s on now but she always used to be anti EU. Most far lefties were.

• Revelation says:

The Labour party represents workers n the same way the Democrats do; by being Socialists and opening the doors for their reparations.

• The Gipper Lives says:

For the same reason the “Democrats” cheat at elections.

4. Max Tadpol says:

That light bulb moment when you realize those remainers are EXACTLY same as our DemocRats and god damn, wish POTUS could suspend the house during critical periods to get shit done.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

Max Tadpol, Maybe we could declare Melania “The Queen” and she could suspend the House? I know, I know that’s ridiculous because the enemedianites would say President Trump is therefore abdicating as King and Impeachment must begin.

Oh, but wait they’ve already crossed that bridge so who f’ing cares what they say? 99% of what they print is a lie anyway so let’s take it to the next level.

Hangings anyone? I’ve got several inductees starting with Brennan, Clapper, V.Jarrett, Rice, Strozk, Page, and on and on and on until we get to the really big FISH….Clinton, Ovomit and did I mention Jarrett.

Oh yeah. Remember that funny Where’s Waldo? faze back in the 80’s? Well, here’s a new one.

Where’s George? Like in G. Soros? Let’s start a program to find little George and his minions. He’s fat so it shouldn’t be hard to find him. Then we decide what to do with him…..and his offspring. And the rest of the globalists.

5. yonason says:

Never mess with a woman who wears a cooling tower for a hat.

6. Petrel says:

Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn developed a scheme, this summer, to stall Brexit indefinitely with the assistance of the EU. He was going to unite, in a “one-night-stand,” Labor and Conservative “Remainer” MPs to pass a bill granting the EU a veto on Britain’s exit.

Now we understand EU President Donald Tusk’s puzzling G-7 August 24th arrival speech, to the effect that Britain could only leave having satisfied EU pre-conditions. Tusk apparently believed Corbyn’s parliamentary maneuver was a done deal.

Donald Tusk spoke too soon.

On his return to London from the G-7, Boris Johnson’s Cabinet gave him a mandate to ask the Queen to suspend Parliament between September 10 and October 15.** (By the way, this is the period during which British political parties — Conservative / Labor / Brexit / Liberals / Scottish Nationalists et al — have annual Party Conferences and no real Parliamentary business is ever done.) Per long precedent, the Queen went along with her Prime Minister’s request — she really had no choice.

Suspending Parliament between September 10 and October 15 throws a big procedural wrench in Corbyn’s scheme — Parliamentary bills are subject to elaborate protocols of political caucuses, printed documents issued days before three formal “readings,” namely debate sessions, and all sort of preliminary votes in both the House of Commons and House of Lords. No wonder the “Remainers” went nuts.

Further compounding “Remainer” dis-array, Boris Johnson is threatening elections in late autumn. Conservative and Labor “Remainer” MPs will need to guard their flanks for exposer of their true colors. They all campaigned three years ago on a BREXIT PLATFORM and already have a difficult time explaining why Brexit did not actually happen. A “one-night-stand” solidarity vote with another political party would dangerously irritate their party constituents.

** Parliament would actually open on October 14, but this opening is a very elaborate business with a formal visit by a crowned Queen in horse and carriage, folks walking backwards with gold maces (and doing their best not to trip), door knocking rituals etc., which concludes with a “Speech-from-the- Throne” written by Boris Johnson and approved by his cabinet. In short, October 14 will be very busy with pageantry.

7. The Gipper Lives says:

She and The Prez hit it off. Even though the president knows nothing of diplomacy, of course.

“He knows so little, and accomplishes so much.”

• hellinahandbasket says:

Funny how the unhinged-lefties keep wafting back and forth …from he’s a bumbling fool and is going to get us all nuked out of stupidity… to he’s an evil-brained overlord with a 4-D plan to destroy the rest of the world and keep America for himself. It was once amusing to watch them pearl-clutch and rant, but it’s become exhausting and now extremely boring.
      #TrumpVSG2020

• Daniel M. Camac says:

The Gipper Lives, I love that quote. So appropo. Let’s have a Tawny Port and a Draft to seal this deal shall we? Tata, zippity-do and all that. Damn it, I’m going to watch another episode of Jeeves and Wooster to get me in the mood.! Bloody well right I say ole Chap!

Ok, I confess. I’m an American…and very proud of it but I still enjoy British humor. It must be in the dna.

8. Carrie says:

LOL, some of the luvvies (champagne socialists) are a bit unhinged by this maneuver.
    Apparently, the actor Hugh Grant immediately tweeted that Mr Johnson was not to “f*** with his children’s futures”. Piers Morgan then replied with a mug shot of Hugh from his Divine Brown days and reminded him he shouldn’t be one to say what’s proper or not…

9. hellinahandbasket says:

The Queen’s handler’s keep slinging an old-lady handbag on that poor woman’s arm {uuugh}.
    Just STOP IT already! geesh

10. A2 says:

I’m having a laugh. You will too.

Deeds goes to town and skewers the buggers. I spent last night watching the live coverage from the booby beeb and he nails it.

“HENRY DEEDES: Cross? The outraged reaction to the Prime Minister’s gutsy strategy meant that you could hear the twisted knicker elastic twanging all down Whitehall”

👍😂

• Daniel M. Camac says:

A2, Thanks for the link. From China to the White Cliffs of Dover, you are certainly a “continental” kind of guy. Hats off! If Boris actually pulls this BREXIT thing off without complications I will be astounded. Kinda like Barr et al dropping the universal indictments just before Nov 2020 but now I’ve resolved myself to the actual fact. President Trump wins 2020 and we begin a NEW ERA of JUSTICE FOR ALL. If not then we proceed to plan B.

11. mr.piddles says:

“Speaker John Bercow, who has made no secret of his anti-Brexit sympathies, called the move a “constitutional outrage.””

Unlike thwarting the will of The People, of course… which is totally cool.

(P.S., CTH… broken JPG links?)

12. JCM800 says:

Abolish the Hate-Speech Laws.
    Demand the Right to Keep Arms.
    Straightaway!

Jersluam (ELP)

And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England’s mountains green?
    And was the Holy Lamb of God
    On England’s pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among these dark Satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
    Bring me my arrows of desire!
    Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of Fire!

I will not cease from mental fight
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England’s green and pleasant land

• iswhatitis says:

ELP is one of my lifelong favorite bands; and I had the great pleasure of seeing them play this live back in the 70’s. 🙂

• Daniel M. Camac says:

iswhatitis, Me also, at the Spectrum in Philly circa 70’s. They played some stuff from Brain Salad Surgery which I thoroughly enjoyed although some fans were not as enthusiastic.
        R.I.P. Gregg Lake….or just kick it up a notch.

• iswhatitis says:

I saw them at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in ’72.

They played, IIRC, all of Brain Salad (including Palmer’s fantastic drum set and drum solos). I don’t think it had been released yet on vinyl.

It was a quadraphonic concert – huge banks of speakers in the “four corners” (it was actually a round auditorium).

The encore, IIRC was Tarkus; which was the first album of theirs I purchased, upon release. (Tarkus was actually the second album I had yet ever purchased – CCR’s Cosmos Factory was my first).

One of my favorite concert memories. 🙂

• JCM800 says:

What Lucky Man he was…. Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
      JCM800 is a model of “British Marshall Amplification”. I once noticed in a live concert video how Keith Emerson useda Marshall Guitar Amp Speaker Cab to lend a biting edge of distortion to his Keyboard/Synthesizer sound. Superb
      England could be on the verge of a Political Rebirth Sadiq Kahn must be removed.
      They must deport thousands. Take the Power Back from the EU Treason Class.

13. kevin king says:

Painful.Any self respecting Englishman would have left this quasi-Islamic state a while back. This is smoke and mirrors. The future of Europe now rests with the East and Italy. The English, French, Spanish and Germans have been entirelyh neutered. I wouldn’t waste 2 minutes of my time on any of them .

14. Brant says:

Elizabeth is great in my book. The last one. She has the same birthday as my mom, but 10 years older. Can the royal not do as requested? Is it a formality? None of the queen’s issue would ever do something like this. I’m sure they are all remoaners.

• Contrarymary says:

I’ve often wondered why the queen just sat back and allowed her country to be usurped from right under her feet by the likes of Merkel and her merry E.U. gang. I’ve often thought if the islamisization were completed, the queen and her family would be the first to be beheaded. Does she have no power anymore?

15. Daniel M. Camac says:

KK, Well maybe you have left your country to be taken over by foreigners but any self respecting American would stand up and fight for their country like we did over 200+ years ago against your country. You folks need to get your heads out of your butts and take back England and all that it entails. Too bad that you gave up your guns for socialism and that which it is brings forth.

Saying that, we are fighting our own internal war here in the US but we’re not giving up as evidenced by us electing President Trump. I hope B. Johnson brings the same hope to you and yours.
    Cheers.
    PS-First move would be to throw the mooslem mayor of London out on his tail. hint hint

16. EJ says:

Great move. Now the Germans will be forced to bend over.

17. armie says:

All part of the negotiation. He called the EU’s bluff by setting a firm date, now he’s denying them access to the means of going behind his back. Now they can either start working on a (quick and) fair agreement or he’s “outta here”.

18. aidanmaconachy says:

Good move on the part of Boris. Stick it to them.