One of the best testimonials to President Trump’s pragmatic perspective is his ability to rise above the ridiculous partisan political attacks and look at issues from a non-political solution-driven perspective.

In the latest example California Governor Gavin Newsom has been antagonizing the administration yet outlines how President Trump, a builder-in-chief, immediately called him and expressed his full commitment to helping California recover from two serious earthquakes that hit the state in two consecutive days. After Newsom toured some of the damaged areas he spoke to reporters at a press briefing.

Governor Newsom said he and President Trump talked about the challenges California has recently face, including two devastating wildfires just six months ago. “There’s no question we don’t agree on everything, but one area where there’s no politics, where we work extremely well together, is our response to emergencies”, Newsom said. “He’s committed in the long haul, the long run, to help support the rebuilding efforts” the governor said of President Trump.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Environmentalism, FEMA, media bias, President Trump, propaganda, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

137 Responses to CA Governor: “President Trump Committed to Helping Complete Earthquake Recovery”…

1. rioosodog says:

Living in Northern California that is the second best thing I could have heard about the Quake. The best news would have been that LA, SanDiego, and San Francisco had slid into the Pacific….. really deep and nothing was salvaged!

• bertdilbert says:

“There’s no question we don’t agree on everything, but one area where there’s no politics, where we work extremely well together, is our response to emergencies”, Newsom said.”

Disagreements are few and far between when someone is giving you federal money.

• COMRADE NEWSOM- You do not agree with VSG/ESG PDJT- not even on one MAGA thing.

• jbt says:

Always the case with hand-outs, isn’t it? I wonder, though: Ridgecrest?? Extremely low populaion density,,,not even close to the size – or in the vicinity – of a major metropolis. California should be ashamed if it cannot cover those damages out of its own treasury.

• Debra says:

I know, right? A couple of fires and a crack in the desert. (As evidenced by the continual loop of ‘all’ the after effects on cable news.) The fires more than likely are covered by the owner’s insurance. But, expect a YUGE bill . . .

• Kenji says:

Well … the good news is that we have LOTS of really cheap Janitors here in CA … for the cleanup on aisle 7 (and 8,9, 1,2,3,4,5 &6). Really cheap. They work for “tent rent”.

• I know what you mean Debra.

So much of this damage should be covered by homeowners insurance.

And it does not seem like the state of California has any money in a rainy day fund.

Even though they kept how many billions of the federal money from the failed high speed train.

I guess the taxpayers in the other 49 states will need to keep on bailing California out forever.

• Lucille says:

Not sure what California’s debt is, but it’s humongous at the rate they spend what comes in.

Re earthquake insurance: SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) — Most Californians live within 30 miles of an active fault. But only about 10 percent of insured homeowners also have earthquake coverage. Jan 5, 2018 – Despite Quakes, Few California Homeowners Have Earthquake …
              cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/few-california-homeowners-have-earthquake-insurance/

We never had it when living in L.A. Very expensive with considerable deductible, and you just live dangerously.

A business is likely different since that might be under the cost of doing business.

• That is interesting about the lack of earthquake insurance Lucille.

Here in Colorado you can not get a home loan without proof of flood insurance or without proof that you do not live in a flood area so you do not need flood insurance.

Amazing that you can get a loan in earthquake prone California without earthquake insurance.

I guess that California politicians are sure that the rest of us in the other 49 states are going to pony up the money to pay for all of the repairs.

Just amazing.

• J Bird says:

jbt, I agree 100%, haven’t seen infrastructure damage, just usual shelf items down on floor. There is a government facility in the area where secret DOD projects are performed, China Lake, haven’t seen any coverage regarding degree of damage. Couple years ago Florida got hit with a hurricane, there was an airbase in the vicinity that got hit hard, no hangers were available to store planes in, they were sitting out with no shelter. They suffered substantial damage to many aircraft, approx 20, little was mentioned about it, no need to broadcast US had taken a significant hit, would be at reduced inventory level for a span.

• CaptainNonno says:

I want to see receipts for money they paid before any Federal money is provided.

• Kenji says:

It’s all well and fine that the Federal Govt. helps out with these MINOR “disasters” in CA … but what about the MAJOR disasters besetting my Golden State?
        1. An INVASION of Illegals sucking up jobs and benefits
        2. An EXPLOSION of homelessness, disease, and blight
        3. An UNAFFORDABLE housing market ruled by leftist NIMBYS
        4. A Power Utility that is shutting OFF the POWER to offset their inadequate maintenance of their own infrastructure
        5. A half-Train to nowhere that is still being funded
        6. A few hundred BILLION in unfunded BLOATED government worker pensions.
        7. A public education system in steep decline. Declining graduation rates, declining literacy, declining basic math.

How about addressing THOSE MAJOR disasters here in CA? As in a Trump Admin. Federal takeover of this Rogue State!!

• Dutchman says:

Sorry, buddy. States rights and Federalism. California needs to clean up its own mess, or continue to be, like Venezuela, a monument to how Conmunism/Socialism DOESN’T work.

Its up to the residents of California. Federal government has limited powers, and thats after greatly expanding them beyond what the founders intended.

• Lamont Cranston says:

Newsome has plenty of $$$ for alien invaders. Red state white people who have jobs and pay taxes must pay for the 3rd world slime AND the “emergency”. Please God send “The Big One”. (BTW I am a native born Californian)

• Yippeekiyay says:

Newsom IS a disaster for California. His behavior during the Paradise fire was disgraceful.

I hope the earthquake victims get the aid they need.

• Attorney at Law says:

I don’t share your sentiment. It’s uncalled for and sick. This is what one expects from the left. Wishing death and destruction is vile.

• Trump Train says:

Not on those subhumans but we don’t want the 2% of actual decent human beings to be caught up in it either.

• Ono says:

Thank you Attorney at Law!

As a third generation Californian with kids and grandkids living here as well, I am so tired of all these people from other states categorizing every citizen of Ca. as a leftist and wishing we are destroyed by natural disasters.

There are a lot of loyal treepers who live here (Ca)

Wishing harm and destruction upon fellow conservatives, or anyone is wrong.

I ask them this…

Who is going to look after you when the Dems set their sights on your State?
        Will you like having other conservatives tossing you to the curb because of where your family is, where you live?

Think it won’t happen?

• Attorney at Law says:

Very well spoken.

Many are from your area.

To allow politics to divide so severely, that death becomes a wish list, is something I will never grasp.

Stay safe and thank you again for the heartfelt comment!

• Dutchman says:

You feel the way I do, as an Arizona native, when blamed for politicians like,Flake, Mcstain and our latest abomination, Kursin Synema.

I didn’t vote for them, and worked for campaigns AGAINST some of them!

And, TRYING to be a good christian, I pray for enlightenment and conversion of as many of these CONfused Conmunists, ‘forgive them Father, for they know not WHAT they do.

But, being practical I also keep my powder dry, and my eye on the,site lines!

• Attorney at Law says:

It’s a huge loss for humanity, once a person allows politics to hinder their better judgement and wish ill intent.

Appreciate your comment, and fully concur with your thoughts.

I’ve lived in numerous countries and have been ‘blamed’ more than I care to admit.

Thanks for sharing Dutchman.

• Rhoda R says:

I don’t think anyone begrudges Federal aid for disaster relief. We don’t trust California politicians though. And we know that Newsome is going to try to parley this disaster relief into more substantial aid to California to cover their politician caused disasters as well.

While I have no problem with disaster relief I do have a problem with the idea that federal tax money be given to California to cover their other debts – all self induced. In my view it is taxation without representation. I had no vote in California’s various elections and I see no reason why my tax dollars should be spent to bail out California’s addiction to corruption and sanctuary virtue signaling and just plain economic and moral stupidity.

• Ono says:

I whole heartedly agree that Ca politicians are corrupt; I’ll take that another step further…I think that almost all politicians are corrupt, from any state.

As far as complaining about Federal handouts, that is something that happens through congress. I don’t like my tax dollars going to other states for their pet projects. The Bullet train from one shit hole to another (Fresno to Madera) is one of many Ca boondoggles. I along with almost everyone I’ve spoken to believes that it should be scrapped. President Trumps decesision to stop funding for it and other projects is something to celebrate about. As to federal assistance in natural disasters that is another story. Wild fires, subsequent flooding and mudslides, earthquakes are part of California. So is almost double the amount of federal tax dollars paid to the government.

Every state asks for federal money for infrastructure, special programs and unfortunately plain graft. The fact that the federal government has failed to pass a budget in ten years is absolutely incredible. This is where the attention needs to be. This is congress from both parties. Rotten to the core. The Uni party. I do not vote for any senators and represenatives aside from my own and I am angry that in Ca. there was not even a Republican on the ballot for senate.

We have a state government that is like Oregon where there is a super majority. Essentially the republicans have absolutely no say in any laws. Don’t let this happen in your state, because believe me it’s in the works

• Prayers are with the people and Cali-Treepers…Praying everyone is alright!!!

2. rioosodog says:

3. Eric C. says:

If we can just get politics out of politics.

4. C says:

Better keep a clause in those funds with full transparency about where and how he spends it however. That guy is a visible shyster.

5. ParteaGirl says:

Trump is not only pragmatic, he’s gracious and patient. I’ve watched him appeal to a politician’s highest aspirations, to affect positive change for the people they serve, over and over again. Sometimes these politicians rise to meet his positive expectations of them, and sometimes they don’t. But I admire that Trump at least gives them the opportunity. What they do with it is up to them, and Trump makes it clear to everyone that he’s placing the ball in their court. Very, very wise, and to me, very endearing.

6. palafox says:

Did Newsom give that press conference in Ridgecrest? If he did there’s no way he would have blasted Trump there — very much Trump country up there.

7. Jeff says:

You’re still a liberal d-bag, Newsom.
    Best wishes to the California citizens in their hardship.

8. First things first. Let’s rebuild the bases that were hit and assist those service and civilian personnel affected.

9. Pa Hermit says:

When the rubber meets the road, our POTUS is there on the money! Too bad more of those that oppose him don’t give the credit that is deserved!
    MAGA then KAG!

10. pageoturner says:

Newsome, it’s only half true that “where we work extremely well together, is our response to emergencies”

We have an emergency with illegal aliens flooding the border and voting (meddling) in our elections. You do nothing to work with Trump on that or any other area Trump sees as vital to Americans’ best interests.

You only work well with Trump when it benefits you.

11. I bet Newsom choked on the praise he gave to President Trump!🤣

12. President Trump is committed to complete earthquake recovery for California? After all the viciousness and treasonous behavior & poisonous crap the California courts have inflicted on the Trump Administration? Really? What utter BS!

• Baby El says:

Agreed FW!! Just a few months back, all the dems — Led by kalifornia pelosi were blocking real needed relief from the flooding Mississippi.

Two cracks in the sidewalk (both filled with poop), and newsome has both hands out begging for more money – all to be spent helping illegals with their enduring hardship.

BullShiff!!

• Aeyrie says:

Maybe he cares about the people here in Cali who are being abused by all the poisonous crap you mentioned. Maybe come election day some who wouldn’t have voted for him will remember that he set politics aside to hold out a helping hand to them when they needed it.

• Attorney at Law says:

It’s a good thing you don’t have loved ones in California.

I’d think your comment would be quite different.

It’s disheartening that people could generalize an entire state by the actions of a few.

It’d be nice to see compassion and cease with the nonsensical rhetoric.

13. CostasMandylor says:

One is *either* a racist monster who wants to turn the country into a Nazi paradise, *or* the kind of person who puts partisan concerns aside and responds to the needs of people regardless of how they feel about him.

• What California and Californians have done to this President and traditional Americans is not partisan… it goes way beyond political differences. The State of California has robbed this country blind with their far Left Radicalism and open borders. They HATE We The People and have done everything in their power, massive voter fraud and all, to violate our rights and break our laws. They’ve all but declared war on us. Now they want our help. Isn’t that rich?

• Aeyrie says:

Fairest Witness, that wasn’t fair. I am a Californian. I have lived here my whole life and I have no intentions toward leaving. This is my, once beautiful, home. I am sticking here until we get rid of the globalists and illegals who have overrun it. What you say is an unfair generalization. I do not HATE we the people. I AM we the people. One of many who live here and love our President. I am not asking for any help but I am very grateful to our President for offering it. He offered help to we the people, not our disgusting communist governance. He knows they got into power by cronyism and rigging elections. It means a lot to those of us who can appreciate PDJT’s graciousness. He is truly a class act. We would all do well to emulate him.

• Good luck to you and your family Aeyrie.

California is one of our countries most beautiful states and it really breaks my heart to see it go where it has gone the last 30 years or so.

I sincerely hope that it can be changed for the good and do not share the same opinion as many here that it needs to slide into the ocean or given back to Mexico.

Don’t be too discouraged by some here they are just so fatigued by the leaders of the radical dems who are proposing the unbelievable far left laws that California proposes that so many of us here in the other 49 states somehow end up paying for.

We watch California pay and pay and pay out for the illegals and the homeless and then when there is a natural disaster amazingly California want the rest of us to pony up.

Many other states have rainy day funds and can handle disasters without calling on the feds.

• Aeyrie says:

Thank you Coloradochloe. You are kindness itself. We here in Cali are also fatigued by the leaders of the radical Dems who have dug in and concentrated themselves in OUR state and demand more and more money from us and everybody else. California used to have a rainy day fund like other states do. Now the state is broke and failing like all communist regimes. It’s shameful! Our state used to be wealthy and able to help other states when they had an emergency.
            Our tax money is not Newsome and his cronies personal money. Our state is not their back yard, though in their arrogance they think it is. We are watching with horror the overrunning of our state with illegals. It truly is an invasion of our replacements. It’s Europe all over again here.
            I try not to be, but it’s scary to live here now. Assistance some of we senior citizens need has been taken away and given to people who have no legal right to be here. We pay for free drivers licenses they are given to drive our streets without insurance and use as ID to vote for the Dems.
            Now they want to make it okay for illegals to hold public office! Can you see where this is going? I hope your states won’t be next. Be vigilant. Get actively involved with your local politics. The globalists mean to do this to the entire country. As for me, I’m staying here and fighting for my home. I wish you the best in your fight for yours.

• I do wish Good Luck to the wonderful faithful citizens of California who are doing their best to Make California Great Again.

I have so many happy memories of California in the 60’s and early 70’s when my grandparents lived there.

My siblings and I spent so many happy weeks on the California beaches.

I still believe that California is one of our most beautiful states.

We are trying to hold on here in Colorado, but who knows.

I can be so very discouraging sometimes but I do think that we will prevail in the end.

You and all of the California Patriots that are fighting hard are amazing!

Please keep up the good work, I really do love California and just hate to see so many of her diligent, hard working citizens suffering needlessly.

• Attorney at Law says:

Bravo!

14. cheering4america says:

Wasn’t there some effort by this Administration to claw back monies which had already been issued for the “train to nowhere”? Maybe instead of offering additional monies, President Trump can just tell Newsom to take it out of what he owes.

By the way, did the Oroville Dam which was so precarious during President Trump’s first year ever get repaired?

CA refuses to be held accountable for facilitating the mass invasion of the US, at least they should be held accountable for *some* of their own infrastructure, especially when they already have the money.

15. Yy4u says:

I speak Martian. Allow me to translate. “We Democrats will continue yo thwart Presideng Trump on every plane, destroy America from within in order to cement our power. We will fight for open borders because people wh arent Americans more easily accept tyrannical dictatorship so long as you promise fre s*** and make sure their neighbor doesnt get ahead by working harder than you. We will spend every penny in the state treasurery buying votes, but when the s*** hits the fan and we get in trouble, we expect the people and pfesident we despise to bail us out.”

• Lamont Cranston says:

So bring on “The Big One”…can’t come soon enough. A few people have their finger in the dyke (can I say that?) but California can not be saved…SJW leftist comments herein notwithstanding.

• Lester Smith says:

Governor Nonsense will use relief funds has intended to be right? These funds will go To help ones most affected by the quakes right? Well this is another chance for Governor Nonsense to screw the taxpayers and help the illegals. The only eruption Gov Nonsense will take care of is the eruption of illegals in and coming to California. The legal taxpayers will be screwed once again. That train they are building in California should start at the boarder. That way the good Governor could bring in the flood of illegals even faster. Housing, medical and so on. What else would you expect, the funds to go to those affected by the earth quakes? If you want to see how the state is run just look at how the many ex military people are treated, not so good right? It’s changing from we the people to we the illegals. I say let California be their own country. Think of it no more massive presidential electorate numbers going to the left. And we could build a boarder wall with no problem. California Congressmen are decisive to all legislation. Why should us taxes payers keep paying for what California has become President Trump.

16. Caius Lowell says:

Gavin Newsom is a lying commie, traitor, and creep, in other words, a Democrat…

17. Popoy says:

Who is politicking Gov Newsome? It’s you and your evil party.

18. I know POTUS is doing the “right” thing but sometimes it doesn’t taste good knowing at least some of the beneficiaries would literally kill me given the chance.

19. rustybritches says:

I guess its a good thing I am not in President Trumps shoes right now because I would tell Calif and Gavin Nusom to go pound sand I am not as nice as PT is nor would I even try to be the one thing I would do I would go where the earth quake hit and I would try to help those people who got burned out or what ever but giving the Gov money NO, I would not Him and the Dems do all they can to make sure PT gets as little as possible done in Calif But according to MR Ledger of the Ledger Report The judges have no standing and are only stopping the President because they think they can and PT is doing all he can to make sure the dirt bags in Washington has nothing to cause him more trouble over but he has every right to build the wall and use the funds and he can do anything he needs to do with Immigration That the one thing that no one should stand in his way over however rhe wall is going up and I hope he just keeps right on building it and thanks to the people at BUILD THE WALL IT WILL IN THE END GET BUILT

20. Pat Childs says:

Newsome. Why my money? Last week you were bragging about the $26.5B surplus. Use all your money first.

21. jeans2nd says:

Did Pres Trump say from where he will obtain the money for SoCal earthquakes?
    Hold on to yer hats, kids, one suspects we are about to view one of the most creative financing plan for disaster recovery ever before seen.
    This ought to be fun.

22. Henry chance says:

Trump is a salesman. Classy. Newsome, Peolosie and Feinstein are nasty. They should learn from President Trump and butter him up. One day they might need a favor.

• Aeyrie says:

Henry if there is a God in Heaven, and there is, they are going to need a lot more than a favor! They are going to need chisels and files.

23. Henry chance says:

Great reminder.

24. Daniel says:

We know how the California disaster relief welfare machine works. They want the money, spend it on irrelevant and wasteful things and then ask for more. What does California do with its massive taxes? Needle programs, buying tents and apparently unused outhouses.

25. Do stop thinking about tomorrow says:

Time for Boder wall financing or approval of emergency order military money use included in the money for CA.

26. pigletrios says:

“He’s committed in the long haul, the long run, to help support the rebuilding efforts” is just a tad different than “President Trump Committed to Helping Complete Earthquake Recovery”

27. littlequilterkitty says:

This is a perfect example of why PDJT has such a connection with so many America-loving Americans. He cares about PEOPLE and the hardships they face regardless of what political apparatchiks are in charge at the time. This genuine concern will forever endure him to we the people, because his goal is to make life better for all who reside legally within this awesome country, (including incredible humanitarian charity towards non-USA citizens)! God bless the people of CA and the USA!

• Aeyrie says:

This Californian thanks you for saying that littlequilterkitty. That was real nice of you, and I agree. Our Prez is a class act. 🙂

28. I know that Pres Trump cares about people and the hardships they face but I also know that he is very aware that the government money he is spending comes from hard working American taxpayers.

And Pres Trump has tremendous sympathy for the hardworking American taxpayer first of all.

So as much concern he has for someone in need he has just as much respect for the taxpayer who has elected him to carefully spend the money they work so hard for.

And I believe that this respect for the American taxpayer will be at the front of Pres Trump s mind when he decides how, when and how much money Newsom and California gets.

29. California Joe says:

On some level Newsom actually appears sane. Why is that, Captain Ron?

• Aeyrie says:

He does??!!!???? On what level would that be? From where I’m sitting Newsome doesn’t even give the appearance of sanity! He’s a cray cray commie through and through. Spoiled meat. Throw it out.

30. InAz says:

President Trump is a much better person than I am.
    I would have told Comrade Newsome that California received $3 billion dollars for the failed train. Therefore the state has plenty of money. And if the Commie California governor can pay everything for illegals then obviously the state is flush with cash

31. Aeyrie says:

Good leaders take care of their people, no matter what. God bless him! I can see from the comments that his decision isn’t popular, and justifiably so. But it is the right one.

32. “Gentlebeings, STOP!”

Natural disasters can – and do – happen to us all, and “that’s why we have multiple layers of Governments.” We help each other. We don’t stop to ask – we go.

Also remember: “we are The United States!” When anyone tries to sow the seeds of division among any of us, anywhere, do not allow those evil seeds to bear fruit. Such things truly are “the works of Satan,” and they have no place within our thoughts – or, within our computer forums. Let other sites do as they may, but at CTH, let us “rise above.”

33. Iike any phrase that has our ding dong Gov. and “committed” in it………seems too fit.

34. DJT2020 says:

Trump sure surprises me with how gracious he is towards those that despise him.

35. JIM COMEY IS A WEASEL_DOUG says:

Ridgecrest is Trump Country. There are still many areas the commies haven’t completely invaded.
    Newsom is HATED in my neighborhood. The commie is trying to cram low income housing into high cost coastal areas to provide housing for all the poor Central Americans he wants to import.
    Free college, free health care for illegals but no money for earthquake repairs…F Newsom!

36. Bendix says:

Newsom is probably relieved as hell that an adult has his back .

37. And the really fun part is when the government doesn’t do what they’re supposed to, and then uses the impact of their own delinquency as a reason to take more of your money. 🙄

38. taxpayer here says:

What I appreciate is the reference to President Trump instead of just Trump or Mr Trump. He’s our duly elected President and should be referred to as such. Oblablabla on the other hand…..

39. Fandog says:

Communist California governor asking Capitalist Trump to bail him out. If Communism works like Libtards think it does shouldn’t it be the other way around?

40. Fandog says:

41. WSB says:

Gavin should pick up his XL Mao suit before he grabs his shovel.

42. Dee Paul Deje says:

Remember when the commie Kenyan jumped in to help red states that needed assistance? Me neither.

43. Dee Paul Deje says:

Hey Newsom, does this mean you are accepting money from Putin?

44. dallasdan says:

Did Gavin ask about Kimberly? 🙂

45. Is it just me or is this his fav movie ???

46. daylight58 says:

I’ve been to Trona even whem Kerr-McGee’s operations for minimg trona from the dried lake flats.

47. Ironclaw says:

If California would stop squandering taxpayer money on pandering to ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS, many folks like me would have less problem helping them when they need a hand up.

48. Haveaspine says:

Just don’t misappropriate these disaster funds to give free health care to illegals and to your pet project. Understand Oldsome?